PDA

View Full Version : Five-Weird-Things-About-You Game

Food Lady
07-13-2011, 03:34 AM
I'll start:

1. Asparagus or ice cream? Asparagus. Always.
2. I have a dining set that I use for sewing or projects, but I eat in my easy chair. I also don't own a sofa.
3. I don't know/care about cars. I can't tell you what kind of cars my best friends drive. I was once asked about a car after I witnessed an accident, and all I could give was, "Uh, it was blue." I'm not even sure about that.
4. I snore, walk, talk, and hit stuff in my sleep. I've woken up with injuries.
5. I don't have a favorite color, but my favorite number is three.

RecoveringKinkoid
07-13-2011, 03:47 AM
1. I seem to have a botanical application embedded into my brain like it's pre-loaded software or something. It's kind of weird. Sometimes I can identify plants intuitively, without really knowing what they are or having seen them.

2. My singing voice sounds absolutely nothing at all like my speaking voice. You cannot tell it's me on a recording. I can fool my own parents.

3. Sense of direction so bad it's the stuff of local legend.

4. Can usually deconstruct a recipe by eating it.

5. Really, really flakey.

Kheldarson
07-13-2011, 03:56 AM
1. Allergic to horses. No other animal, just horses.

2. While a decent singer and piano player, I have a horrible ear for languages. I can read/write fine...but speaking and listening? It's all Greek.

3. If given the opportunity, I can easily sleep 13 hours every day.

4. For being a gamer, I completely skipped a generation of games. I never played a SNES game until this year.

5. I have successfully ruined spaghetti before by...not sure how. Mom thinks it was either I boiled it too long....or too little.

dragon_wings
07-13-2011, 04:03 AM
1. My natural hair color is a medium brown, but I look best with red or bleach blonde hair.

2. My favorite animals are bunny rabbits and dragons.

3. I'd much rather be too cold then too hot.

4. I dislike shoes and despise socks.

5. I'm a massive tomboy but I *hate* bugs, spiders, and creepy crawly things.

Eisa
07-13-2011, 04:36 AM
-everything about me- Ok, I'm done. :roll: Hrm, let's see...

1) I'm allergic to live chickens.

2) When I talk on the phone, I sound like a 10-year-old girl.

3) I have made up a melody to almost every song in the Redwall books.

4) I like multicolored socks.

5) I have a penguin collection. :D

firecat88
07-13-2011, 04:44 AM
1) I'm allergic to onions, orange juice (only from concentrate), Benadryl, and latex

2) All of my medical issues can be narrowed down to two (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spina_bifida) things. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold-Chiari_malformation) Neither of which there's any prior history of on either side of my family.

3) I'm a low-grade empath/psychic/whatever. Which, apparently, *does* run in my family.

4) I own more books than I own clothing.

5) I've been speaking full sentences since I was 9 months old (and singing since before I could talk)

Kisa
07-13-2011, 04:45 AM
1) I excel in science, english, history and mathmatics, but I am choosing to be an artist (not that I suck at art)
2) I have green and brown eyes as well as an eye freckle.
3) I can easily be mistaken for a different person when out of uniform (work uniform; not military)
4) My hands and skin are always baby soft despite the abuse they/it takes
5) I can dislocate my left thumb and only my left thumb

dragon_wings
07-13-2011, 04:50 AM
I'm a low-grade empath/psychic/whatever.

Omg! Me too!

AdminAssistant
07-13-2011, 04:52 AM
1) I had a sizable collection of Garfield books and stuff as a kid. (Actually, it's still at Dad's house.)

2) I'm a theatre person who doesn't particularly like Shakespeare. Best of the English writers, no doubt, but no competition for German, French, or Russian playwrights. Read Lermontov's Masquerade and you'll see what I mean.

3) I hate 'chick flicks.' Of course, my Fiance loves them. Reverse stereotypes = fun.

4) I *love* to clean and organize messes. I think that if I could start over again, I might be a librarian or a professional organizer.

5) I no longer watch any non-animated scripted television. It's all travel/food television and animated shows like Futurama. That wasn't a conscious decision I just....kinda lost interest.

Food Lady
07-13-2011, 05:47 AM
I have an eye freckle, too. I just never knew what to call it. It's orange, while my irises are teal.

Jester
07-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Strange things, huh? Where the hell do I start?

1. I once ran for public office when I was 21. Not as a write-in, either...I was actually on the ballot.

2. I have been arrested 8 times in 5 different states. I have never been convicted of or even charged with of any misdemeanors or felonies. No, there are no typos in this statement. :D

3. I have exactly one food allergy: bananas. But it won't kill me or even incapacitate me if I eat bananas. It will just irritate my throat to the point of my thinking, "Man, that's irritating." It's a very, very minor allergy.

4. I have danced naked in the moonlight with a movie star and, completely unrelated, in the words of Sheryl Crow "watched the sun come up in a stranger's arms." I just find these things amusing.

5. Despite being a major partier, I do not throw up from alcohol, almost ever. (In the last 20 years, I have thrown up precisely 3 times from drinking. One was my 21st birthday, and one was the night of Hurricane Wilma, when the barometric pressure on this island was completely out of whack--the same night when I was uncharacteristically drinking cheapass margaritas.) I do have an amazing ability, however, to doze off when I get drunk--and by doze off, I mean "while standing up and still holding my beer."

MaggieTheCat
07-13-2011, 01:30 PM
4. For being a gamer, I completely skipped a generation of games. I never played a SNES game until this year.

Man, you missed the BEST generation! All my favorite games were on the SNES!

5 things about me...hm.

1) I'm allergic to a lot of fruits and vegetables, but usually only when they're raw. Cherries, apples, peaches, carrots, kiwi, avocado...can't eat any of them raw. Cooked, canned, or frozen, though, are a-okay. And I can't eat bananas, period, cooked or not.

2) I make jewelry for a living, and I love making it, but I hardly ever wear it. Maybe 2-3 times a year I'll put on a bracelet and a pair of earrings for a special occasion or if I'm cosplaying, but otherwise the only jewelry I wear is my wedding ring, and even then, I only wear it when we go out. Otherwise it gets caught on things if I'm working around the house.

3) I didn't get chicken pox until I was in 8th grade.

4) In 1991 when Final Fantasy IV came out, I became absolutely infatuated with Kain Highwind...and I still am to this day, 20 years later. Just ask my husband, who got to listen to me make squeely fangirl noises a couple of days ago when I found a collection of Kain fanart that I hadn't seen before.

5) Despite my username, I've never actually seen Cat On A Hot Tin Roof. I actually picked the name based on the Gargoyles character Maggie "The Cat" Reed.

taurinejunkie
07-13-2011, 02:03 PM
1) The black color from my pupils extends all the way to the bottom of my irises, making it look like my pupils "melted".

2) The only cheese I like is cheddar; the older the better.

3) I love salty foods. And I was born with only one kidney :(

4) Due to carbonation, I am absolutely unable to chug a whole can or bottle of beer; however I have, on a few occasions, drank 4 ounces of hard liquor in a few seconds to start things right.

5) For possibly 99% of things I do I am a lefty, but playing guitar as a righty actually feels more logical to me as I play metal music with a pick, so I prefer to have greater agility on the fretboard than the strumming.

monolayth
07-13-2011, 02:37 PM
1. I am allergic to raw tomatoes.

2. I am dyslexic. Went to a special school in the 4th grade to learn to overcome it.

3. I am half Native American and Mexican. with the other half being Irish and Scottish. My brother shows the darker side and I show the very white side.

4. I am only 5 feet tall. This seems to shock people. Even close friends who seem to forget until we stand up next to each other.

5. I love my hair being played with. a fact that has been used against me. I will stop mid argument and become sedated like a cat.

telecom_goddess
07-13-2011, 02:59 PM
You people and your eye freckles :lol: I never even heard of those before a couple days ago.

So about me..

1. I have been a lifelong Star Trek fan, although I don't do the conventions or anything. I love watching TOS, and have watched Enterprise from start to finish and am working on Voyager and TNG at the moment. I do own the coolest coffee cup with Captain Kirk and my absolute favorite person ever Mr. Spock on it :angel:.

2. I have a deep love of technology and electronics and have ever since I've been aware of it. Started with transistor radios in the 70s and now I'm surrounded by it and love every second of it.

3. I used to distrust sushi as a food, but over the last year I have grown to love it immensely and absolutely crave sashimi (raw fish) ...the stuff I tried so hard to avoid years ago. Who knew it was so delicious?

4. I love being alone more than anything. I like having people around sometimes but I get overloaded on it very quickly. I grew up being isolated and I guess it stuck.

5. One of my favorite foods from when I was a kid is milk toast...its sounds revolting but it's sooooooooo tasty. I haven't had it in a really long time cause it involves butter and sugar and stuff that I shouldn't be eating anymore. Sigh. So I haven't had any for several years now actually. but I miss it.

Kara
07-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Is it even fair for me to participate in this? Gonna have to get REAL creative.

1. My eyes used to change color, until sometime at the end of high school. Sometimes they were blue, sometimes they were green, sometimes they were grey. Now they're green all the time.

2. I am deathly afraid of wasps and... Junebugs. Though I'm not fond of ANY bug landing on me (they're fine as long as they keep their distance), when there are wasps around I freeze up and get panicky. I've been stung enough times to know it doesn't even hurt that bad, and I'm not allergic. When a Junebug flies near me I will scream and run away flailing. I know they're harmless, but I hate those bastards.

3. At one time the pets I had in my bedroom in high school were 1 box turtle, 2 baby snapping turtles, 1 baby painted turtle, a fire-bellied toad, a family of gerbils, a rose-hair tarantula, and an emperor scorpion. For the record, the gerbils were not food for the tarantula. I got one, my ex then got me a female to go with it as a present, and nature did its thing. Often. Had to separate them because mommy gerbil seemed to think she was making food and not offspring.

4. The first house I ever lived in was a trailer house by the railroad tracks (we were poor). I loved waving at the guy hanging on the caboose. My first career aspiration was to grow up and ride on the caboose for a living. Then they got rid of cabooses and my dream died.

5. I shouldn't be here right now. I should have died when I rolled my car in 06 and it was crushed like a pop can. I'm 6'1" and was driving in my ex's itty bitty Geo storm. When it landed upside down and the top of the car came down directly on the top of my head after flying off the highway at 70mph, it should have turned my brain into pudding. Not only did I walk away, I only had a mild concussion and tweaked my spine a little. When my intestine ruptured in 08, I had let it go so long before finally going to the ER that I should have died from blood poisoning. The, er, stuff inside my intestine had spilled out into my abdominal cavity and bloodstream, I should have gone toxic hours before they actually got me opened up and saw the extent of what happened.

Kara
07-13-2011, 03:26 PM
5. I love my hair being played with. a fact that has been used against me.

Don't tell my enemies, but my weak spot is the back of my head. Gently touch it and I will melt instantly.

5. One of my favorite foods from when I was a kid is milk toast...its sounds revolting but it's sooooooooo tasty.

I get so many weird looks from people when I talk about how I used to do this when I was at my grandma's when I was little. She grew up in the depression and that was a very common thing back then. It was cheap, and better than nothing. She still had it for breakfast most mornings and when I was at her house I'd ask her to make me some too.

Squeaksmyalias
07-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Hmmmmmm some of these might not be odd....

1) I have plane ADD, if I hear a plane I look for it, my friends are now used to me trailing off on what I was saying and looking up. I do apologize when I do it, I just can't help it, I did it way back before I got my love of flying. I am happy to say I found someone else with it so I don't feel as weird about it.

2) I'm claustrophobic and afraid of heights. I fly in small aircraft all the time and would like to be a small aircraft pilot. Apparently the heights part is normal but not being claustrophobic. :confused:

3) I feel the only proper way to eat pie is starting with the filling, then the bottom then the top. Pie any other way is wrong.

4) I like trying to get myself lost. So some days I will just take myself out to the middle of nowhere and just walk until I think I'm far enough away and then start to find my way back to the car trying not to use the random route I took in. I am able to find my way back, or to a road then back to where I parked with very little issues at all. It's frustrating to me and I don't know why.

5) I don't always like having specific meals at specific times, it bugs my Mother. I see no problem with pancakes at 7pm and steak at 6am.

telecom_goddess
07-13-2011, 03:32 PM
I get so many weird looks from people when I talk about how I used to do this when I was at my grandma's when I was little. She grew up in the depression and that was a very common thing back then. It was cheap, and better than nothing. She still had it for breakfast most mornings and when I was at her house I'd ask her to make me some too.

That must be it...my mother grew up in the Depression era too and that's where I got it from. She said something about learning how to make it from her grandmother....which means it was created by someone in the 1800's at least.

ArcticChicken
07-13-2011, 03:51 PM
3) I have made up a melody to almost every song in the Redwall books.

Wait, that's not normal?

4) I own more books than I own clothing.

So do I.

All right, mine:

1) I can become so engrossed in a book that I literally cannot process anything going on around me. Twice in elementary school I missed the (very, very loud) end-of-recess bell because I was absorbed in a book.

2) I have discussion with my friends about things like the proper modern aerial platform with which to engage a dragon (some sort of helicopter, btw) and the deployment of flying carpets in WWII.

3) I play pen and paper RPGs, but have never played one without modding the rules.

4) I can almost never have fun playing a silly character in an RPG, and only have fun playing silly characters in LARPs.

5) The more I enjoy something (movie, book, etc.) the more I enjoy picking apart its flaws.

Treasure
07-13-2011, 04:09 PM
1) I fidget - constantly - I cannot be still; I will play with my rings (multi-band "rolly" rings) that i wear on my thumbs, or kick off and put back on my "flip-flops" mess with my hair, etc... (It drive my bf bonkers)

2) i mew and purr like a cat, I will even "converse" in mews and squeeks...

3) I am VERY VERY Virgo, and it shows in my speech patterns...

4) I have a genetic birth-defect that makes me short (4'10") and I walk with a bit of a limp; but most people completely forget about it unless its "brought to their attention" - like they're outpacing me walking and i call out "I don't waddle that fast" or we stand up from barstools, and I "shrink"....

5) I don't have any real experience with most foreign languages but I can usually figure out the proper pronunciation even if I've never heard/read it before

Kanalah
07-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Let's see here...

1. I was scared of babies/small kids until my daughter was born.

2.I despise math, but when I do it I'm good at it. (in my summer algebra course I have a 91 average and did 96 on my midterm, but I still argue that I have no clue what I'm actually doing)

3. I cannot sew clothes or stuffed animals worth a darn.

4. I am almost always listening to music, and I like almost every kind of music.

5. I am very much a tomboy, but for some reason I don't look it. :headscratch:

Kogarashi
07-13-2011, 06:12 PM
1. I excel at math (but hate it), majored in English, and yet my personal income currently comes from art, which I've taken the barest minimum of classes for. I'm almost entirely self-taught.

2. I taught myself to read at age 3 after learning the alphabet from my mother's younger sisters.

3. I'm notoriously forgetful, yet have a very good visual memory for driving directions and remembering the plot of movies. I'm also uncannily good at predicting the plot twists of movies and books.

4. From what I've been able to determine, I technically have two zodiac signs (Taurus and Gemini) since my birthday is right on the cusp between them (and I can't find the paper that says when exactly I was born). I actually fit the personality description for both, despite them being complete opposites, though I usually consider myself more Gemini.

5. I'm borderline narcoleptic. If given the chance, I could sleep more than half the day away, through earthquakes if necessary, and will fall asleep at the drop of a hat if given the chance to lie down. Cars make me especially sleepy, though thankfully much less so when I'm in the driver's seat.

Add me to the list of people with eye-freckles. I have one that's almost black, while my irises themselves are brown. Weird eyes run in the family, though. My dad has heterochromia (one brown eye, one blue eye).

Dilorenzo
07-13-2011, 06:27 PM
1) I am claustrophobic to the point where if I see someone in a small space in which you can't turn around (eg Bishop in Aliens getting in the duct) I get panic attacks.

2) I drink a pot and a half of a coffee a day, grinding my own beans, putting a pinch of kosher salt in with the grounds, and I make it strong. Caffeine from coffee no longer affects me.

3) I hate rom coms, but love romantic animes (Shuffle, Clannad, et al). My wife hates those animes, but loves the rom coms.

4) I am addicted to Ginger Ale, to the point that if there is a two liter in the house, it's gone in a matter of a hours.

5) I have a number of small, not terribly visible scars on my arms and a more visible one on my forehead, which I am terrible self conscious about, even though most people don't notice them.

Miss Maple Leaf
07-13-2011, 07:56 PM
1) I'm so fair-skinned that I'm physically incapable of tanning. Instead, I burn to a crisp if I spend even so much as 10 minutes outside during the summer without sunscreen.

2) I have absolutely no sense of smell whatsoever. I lost it when I was a little kid, and can't remember what anything smells like at all.

3) If I'm working on something I need to have music playing in the background. I can't focus otherwise.

4) I can't sleep at night without my fan turned on. I need to feel that breeze on me, even in the middle of winter.

5) For some reason, I can't handle people touching my skin. If someone hugs me, shakes my hands when I'm wearing gloves, or accidentally brushes against me and touches a spot that is covered by clothing I'm fine. But if they touch my bare skin I get this really weird feeling and I have to brush the part of my body that was touched against something else to get rid of the sensation.

Spork4pedro
07-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Lets see...five things about me...hmmm

1. I HATE HATE HATE jelly or jam (or anything with cooked fruit actually). I cannot deal with the pectin (so I've been told). I will actually start to gag when hearing a description of a PB&J (and yes...my throat is starting now..blech!)

2. I will eat most anything raw (except meat and eggs..) My favorites are currently potatoes, pasta, rice, and green beans.

3. If I stick a Q-tip in my right ear I ALWAYS cough. Never fails and cracks the BF up.

4. I apparently have selective hearing. I can't always hear what someone who is in front of me is saying but I can always pick out the music playing in the background no matter how low the music is or hear an animal's cry.

5. I can wiggle my eyes. It's always fun in staring contests. :D

telecom_goddess
07-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Can I add 2 more..echoing what others have said....

6. I too have to have music playing in the background when I'm working...it really does help with focusing!

7. I also love raw potatoes and have eaten them since I was a kid! I eat small amounts of raw hamburger too.

Miss Maple Leaf
07-13-2011, 08:43 PM
3. If I stick a Q-tip in my right ear I ALWAYS cough. Never fails and cracks the BF up.

Wow. I thought I was only one who did that. Except for me it's my left ear. Nice to know I'm not alone. :P

4. I apparently have selective hearing. I can't always hear what someone who is in front of me is saying but I can always pick out the music playing in the background no matter how low the music is or hear an animal's cry.

I'm the same way. A conversation with me will involve the other person having to repeat themselves a few times. And yet, I've been able to pick out sounds that other people couldn't hear until I specifically alerted them to their presence. Frustrates the hell out of my mother. :lol:

Jester
07-13-2011, 09:44 PM
5) For possibly 99% of things I do I am a lefty, but playing guitar as a righty actually feels more logical to me .a pick, so I prefer to have greater agility on the fretboard than the strumming.

I have a similar quirk: I am completely right hand-dominant, but I shoot pool (billiards) left handed. Trying to shoot it right handed feels as awkward to me as trying to throw a ball or swing a bat left handed does. Everyone in my family is right handed, and no one knows why I shoot pool left handed.

I will eat most anything raw (except meat and eggs..)

I've eaten both raw at various times. If done right, de-licious!

Zellie Crescent
07-13-2011, 11:48 PM
I'll give it a whirl. :)

1) I REALLY love lemons, lemon scented stuff, and lemon flavored foods/drinks.

2) I absolutely HATE the color pink, to me that color can diaf.

3) I don't like the way my eyes look even though I always get complements from friends and stangers.

4) Whenever I cook something I never use normal measurements.

5) I'm an insanely stubborn perfectionist.

Princess J
07-14-2011, 12:04 AM
1. When I am driving by myself I sing along to the stereo. Not so unusual, but it gets odd when someone else does something stupid while driving. That's when I start to bitch at them while still singing along and making it fit. For example, someone is in front of me and is going slightly below the speed limit. Let's say Windy by the Association is on. So instead of singing "everyone knows it's windeeee" I sing " I wish that you'd move your assss!" or "gas pedal's on the right siiide!"

2. I've been reading since I was about four and will read anything from trashy novels to biographies to classics, and I have a particular fondness for humor. I am also amassing a good collection of cookbooks. As long as it does not bore me within the first couple of pages I will read it. Thank goodness for used bookstores.

3. I cannot tune out background music. This goes double if I cannot stand the song.

4. I have the worst sense of direction of anyone I know.

5. Even though I have light/medium olive skin, I tend to burn more easily than my more fair-skinned friends.

BookstoreEscapee
07-14-2011, 12:45 AM
"gas pedal's on the right siiide!"

Oh, my god I say this allll the time. I don't sing it, though. :p

OK, here's mine...
1. I have a phobia of peanuts (and other nuts). I haven't eaten them in over 12 years. I am not allergic to them (as far as I know), but I am afraid they will kill me.

2. I get motion sick in just about every mode of transportation except trains, unless I am driving.

3. I have flown exactly 4 times in my life, both trips were to Florida.

4. I have only been out of the US once, to Toronto on a school trip, and I have never been west of Pennsylvania.

5. I grew up near the shore, but I hate the beach except at night. I love it when it is dark and no one is around.

42_42_42
07-14-2011, 01:20 AM
1. I'm terrified of centipedes. I *will* scream bloody murder if startled by one.

2. Will not eat melon or any food that has touched melon.

3. Became engaged to my husband one week after we met.

4. I don't need to use conditioner, even with really long hair as my hair naturally produces plenty of oils and I never get split ends.

5. My favorite ride at Disney World is "It's a Small World". I would ride it over and over and over again if it didn't drive my family nuts. But riding it during every visit to the Magic Kingdom is a *must*.

MoonCat
07-14-2011, 02:47 AM
1) I read the newspaper from back to front...including the Sunday color comics.
2) I jealously guard my status as one of the few people who has never watched "Ghostbusters".
3) I can read words that are upside-down.
4) I think vanilla is underappreciated. I LOVE vanilla--ice cream, candy, even perfume.
5) I like short guys better than tall guys (of course since I'm only 5'4", "tall" is relative, but still)

Food Lady
07-14-2011, 03:07 AM
Princess J, we are the same person! Well, except that I was a vracious reader as a kid, not so much anymore.

telecom_goddess You wanted to add 2; play again if you want. That goes for everyone.

raw456
07-14-2011, 03:19 AM
Hmmmm.... Lets see...

1. I have a paralytic fear of moths.
2. I taught myself to play piano at 3 just by hearing music on the radio
3. I can put my right leg behind my head, but not my left.
4. I have Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) which has caused me to be an insomniac for most of my life.
5. I have a black thumb of death and have killed every plant I have tried to grow, including ribbon grass and cacti.

HappyFun Ball
07-14-2011, 06:54 AM
1. I collect pajamas but I sleep nude.
2. I let my dog sleep with me.
3. I have a personality disorder
4. I'd walk around naked in public if I was allowed to
5. I seriously believe that I can curse people.

Mishi
07-14-2011, 08:30 AM
1 - I rescue roses. I buy the dying/dead-looking ones on the dollar stand and rehabilitate them. Only lost one so far.

2 - When I'm about to lose my temper, I take it out on the garden instead of people. Surprisingly, my plants grow very well.

3 - I devour books. I've been reading since I was 4 and have a rule of only buying books that I'm going to read more than once.

4 - I'm exceedingly clumsy.

5 - I don't like diamonds.

Chanlin
07-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Strange things, huh? Where the hell do I start?

3. I have exactly one food allergy: bananas. But it won't kill me or even incapacitate me if I eat bananas. It will just irritate my throat to the point of my thinking, "Man, that's irritating." It's a very, very minor allergy.

I get this too, but only if I eat the banana by itself. If its with other food, like on a sandwich or in a fruit salad I'm fine.

1: I have an extremely high tolerance for pain. To the point that I've had instances where I've been stopped by friends to tell me "Hey, you're bleeding."

2: I own a cell phone, used to work in a call center supporting them, but never ever carry it with me or use it.

3: I'm a natural writer. Give me an hour with just about anything and I can suggest changes/improvements or turn out a 3 to 4 page essay complete with research.

4: I typically wake up naturally after only 4 to 5 hours of sleep.

5: Though I only live about an hour to an hour and a half from the border of Canada I have never left the country. I have however been to most of the lower 48 states.

teh_blumchenkinder
07-14-2011, 09:31 AM
1) My skin coloration is impossible to describe
2) Photographs of me look nothing like me
3) I have either arcane (http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Arcane), Entropy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mage:_The_Ascension#Entropy), or gremlins-- possibly all three
4) Love learning, hate school
5) Can't hold on to anger. Get super angry about abstract concepts.
Bonus: Often get worried/anxious about things that other people don't simply because they believe it doesn't involve them (but it actually does which is why I worry)
Bonus: super-high WIS score-- I can level something without a leveller, find pens and pencils like a madwoman, and yet can never remember where I put my darn keys.

Imogene
07-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Five WEIRD things about me?
1) I have been described by my brother as being "Chaotic anti-conformist" for my alignment.
2) Also according to my brother, I can have entire conversations with myself, and he is just a sounding board when he's around... I don't really need him other than to hear my thoughts out loud...
3) I am absolutely direction blind. I could have a map and a GPS with me and STILL get lost...
4) I constantly confuse myself on purpose. It makes life more interesting if I don't know exactly what's going on.
5) I buy things less on the factor of, "I want/need that," and more on the factor of, "Ooooh, that's weird!"

Jester
07-14-2011, 01:19 PM
"gas pedal's on the right siiide!"

I will often yell at other drivers from within the cabin of my truck. Oftentimes it's something along the lines of, "Try the fucking pedal on the right, you moron! It means GO!"

I have the worst sense of direction of anyone I know.

I had no idea my mom was on this site!

I have flown exactly 4 times in my life, both trips were to Florida.

...and I have never been west of Pennsylvania.

You really should look at a map. Almost all of Florida is west of almost all of Pennsylvania. A lot of very intelligent people (including my own mother) often forget that the East Coast isn't even close to straight down; if you went straight north from Key West, for example, you'd be in the middle of Ohio.

Don't believe me? Just go to googlemaps.com. Their opening page makes it very visible.

I'm terrified of centipedes.

I have a phobia of bees and other similar flying stinger type insects. Not an allergy, not a healthy respect, an irrational terrifying phobia that has, on more than one occasion, caused this normally fearless guy to run like a little girl from one end of a bar (or yard, or whatever) to the other if I see one.

My favorite ride at Disney World is "It's a Small World".

Thank you for putting the most annoying song EVER into my head.

I'll get you for this!

I jealously guard my status as one of the few people who has never watched "Ghostbusters".

There are a lot of iconic movies I have never seen, which is a bit odd as I am a bit of a movie buff. But some I have managed to miss include all of the Jurrasic Parks, Goonies, Stand by Me, and the one that drives people nuts when they find out I've never seen it, Christmas Story.

I like short guys better than tall guys (of course since I'm only 5'4", "tall" is relative, but still)

Short girls are hawt! Of course, I'm 5'8", but still, I find girls your height and shorter to be cuter than hell, and have a thang for them.

Dilorenzo
07-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Not an allergy, not a healthy respect, an irrational terrifying phobia that has, on more than one occasion, caused this normally fearless guy to run like a little girl from one end of a bar (or yard, or whatever) to the other if I see one.

Marvelous image. I think it may cause me a few chuckles throughout the day, even.

(even though I am exactly the same damn way with the things)

Mishi
07-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Not an allergy, not a healthy respect, an irrational terrifying phobia that has, on more than one occasion, caused this normally fearless guy to run like a little girl from one end of a bar (or yard, or whatever) to the other if I see one.

Rugz does the same thing, whereas I almost knocked out a window by smashing a wasp with my hand. *Shrugs* My standard response to creep-crawlies is to kill first and ask questions later. He claims I have no sense of self-preservation. :lol:
Yes, I did once head out to kill a snake armed with a star-picket, heavy boots and a shovel... why do you ask? (For the record, my staffy had already killed it neatly and left it lying where my siblings had been playing only an hour earlier. Luckily, he had no bites, as it was a brown snake)

Princess J
07-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Cool, I am Jester's mom and Food Lady wrapped up in one person, haha! I thought of 5 more!

1. I do not like certain classic movies everyone else seems to love. 3 I can think of off the top of my head are Casablanca (I get the most outrage directed toward me when I admit this) The Goonies (I get so much crap for this, too. Apparently people my age are supposed to think of it as The Movie that Speaks to Our Generation. To me, it says, "blah.") Lastly there is E.T. which honestly bores me severely.

2. I used to hate the color pink. Now I don't mind it. I don't love it, but I don't hate it, I just don't mind it. I even have a t-shirt or 2 in a dark pink now.

3. Speaking of colors, I may look nice in pink, which is okay, but I like better the color green but can't wear it because it makes me look jaundiced. What's odd is I can wear pretty much any shade of blue or yellow.

4. I like some foods and drinks various people have said are an acquired taste. Unlike some women, I have never had to pretend to like beer, I always have. As for foods, I like mushrooms, olives, capers, etc. Maybe not odd around here, but in my neck of the woods certainly a bit strange. I have the odd feeling I would possibly like vegemite okay if I tried it.

5. I love records, odd in the days of ipods, but I can't help it. I love vinyl, there is nothing else like it to me.

Kittish
07-14-2011, 03:15 PM
5 weird things about me... maybe I should have my boyfriend write this, he seems to think I'm exceedingly strange sometimes.

1. I cannot stand any 'drink' made with ice cream. This includes, but is not limited to floats, milkshakes, mudslides and brandy alexanders. Soft serve is right out, too. When I have ice cream I want it as close to rock hard as possible.

2. I have not owned a television for close to 15 years. I have had friends and family attempt to GIVE me televisions on multiple occasions, which I refused. My boyfriend owns two televisions, but they're only used to watch movies and play games. He doesn't have cable or satellite.

3. I have, quite literally, forgotten my own name while NOT under the influence of any type of mind altering chemical agents. I had to look at my driver's license to answer the nice lady's question.... She was almost as confused as I was, I think.

4. I don't have any ambitions toward being more wealthy than I need to be to cover bills, expenses and a bit left over to play with. My tastes are simple, and my expenses are minor. I don't WANT to have a big house, lots of cars, the latest fanciest gadgets, and so forth.

5. My sense of humor is skewed enough so that 80% or more of the people I know don't get most of my attempts at jokes and puns. I've learned not to try to explain them, either, as that only confuses them even more.

Geek King
07-14-2011, 04:43 PM
1) I have an eclectic taste in music, and I can't stand listening to the same style for too long. When I have my Zune on random, I often get wierd looks as Judas Priest leads into an anime theme song (in Japanese), then Run-DMC, Hall & Oates, Night on Bald Mountain, Kenny Rodgers, and Rammstein.

2) I assembled a musical score for a Role-Playing Game I ran at a convention and got asked by every player for a list of the music I used.

3) I move really quietly for a guy my size (6' 4", not thin at all). I had a supervisor describe my coming up behind him unnoticed, "Like the back wall of the warehouse snuck up on me!"

4) My first choice for career was vetrinarian until I found that while I am good with animals, and can handle blood, the smell of infection makes me so nauseous that I can't function. I found this out while sitting in on a clogged scent gland surgery on a dog when I was in Vetrinary Explorers.

5) My emotions just sort of shut down in an emergency situation. I've been told I get very abrupt and blunt while giving orders to people, and deliver really nasty verbal slapdowns in a calm monotone to people who are (rightly) freaking out. My father, who saw this once when I was in Boy Scouts, said it scared him more to see me like that than when I was really raging, fighting mad. ...and he's worked retail longer than I've been alive. ;)

Kogarashi
07-14-2011, 06:10 PM
I have a similar quirk: I am completely right hand-dominant, but I shoot pool (billiards) left handed. Trying to shoot it right handed feels as awkward to me as trying to throw a ball or swing a bat left handed does. Everyone in my family is right handed, and no one knows why I shoot pool left handed.

My husband and his younger brother both write hook-handed, like they were taught by a lefty how to write, despite the fact that both are very much right-handed, as are the rest of their family. No one knows why they write like that.

I have a phobia of bees and other similar flying stinger type insects. Not an allergy, not a healthy respect, an irrational terrifying phobia that has, on more than one occasion, caused this normally fearless guy to run like a little girl from one end of a bar (or yard, or whatever) to the other if I see one.

I wonder if that's why this one guy I knew would scream and flail about whenever a simple little honeybee came near. I, in contrast, am perfectly calm around them, since I've only ever been stung when actively aggravating them (like the one time a bee got tangled in my skirt when I was a kid and I accidentally sat on it). This guy claimed he was highly allergic, to which my response was to practically growl at him, "Then stop making the bee mad at you!"

Treasure
07-14-2011, 07:44 PM
round 2:

a) I have VERY VERY Vivid dreams - and they can play out like movies; I don't always remember them though, just that it was vivid

b) I have Entomophobia (also known as insectophobia) - and the only thing that for me doesn't count as a "bug" are flutterbys (butterflys)

c) i don't like diamonds either - I think they're "empty" and "cold"...

d) if you ask me how to spell a word, I will mime writing or typing it out, as i tell you.

e) I still consider myself a gamer-geek girl, but I haven't played D&D or anyother tabletop RPG in 10 yrs; I do not consider computer games to be real RPG's....

Kara
07-14-2011, 08:24 PM
a) I have VERY VERY Vivid dreams - and they can play out like movies; I don't always remember them though, just that it was vivid

Okay, time to do a round 2, since you reminded me of a really cool one.

6. Not only do I have VERY vivid dreams, most times I am consciously aware that I am dreaming and can change the course of the dream at will. Maybe it's because my imagination and creativity are so powerful, but I can literally control my dreams. My mind is my playground. I don't get nightmares, either. I used to, but when I learned how to control my dreams I could just make them go away. I think the sleep demons gave up on me, they've learned not to fuck with this girl's head. Also, I can wake up fully, then go back to sleep and back to the same dream.

7. When I was 11, I got boobs. Fairly typical for most girls, but being transgender, I'm hardly a "typical" girl. I got picked on a LOT. Luckily, that made me depressed and when I get depressed I eat, so I got fat and they weren't as obvious. When I got my hormone levels checked in May before I started HRT, I was not at all surprised to see how low my testosterone was (extremely low, and spread very, very thin). Probably why I had that particular... development in puberty. I also had slight curves, especially at my waistline and hips.

8. I have hypersensitive taste buds. Growing up, I was a constant pain in the ass to my parents, who told me to not be so picky. Everything had to be plain. I don't dislike veggies, there are some I can eat, but for the most part I gag as soon as they contact my tongue. If the taste is "buried" enough, it's okay. Condiments and dressings I can't do either, I think it's the bitterness of the vinegar. I can handle a little tiny spice (like, say something really wussy like taco seasoning), but anything hotter than mild hot sauce will set my tongue on fire and leave red bumps all over it.

9. My guilty pleasure is Britney Spears. I know she's a terrible singer, I know she's trashy and slutty, and so is her music, but I really, really enjoy listening to her. I don't know why. I wanted to hate her so bad... and I couldn't.

10. I like "stupid" physical comedy, pratfalls and such. Some guy getting nailed in the jewels will make me laugh every single time. I've been a fan of the Three Stooges for as long as I can remember. For that matter, I like a lot of vintage, vaudeville type comedy. "Who's on First?" is the single greatest comedy routine in history.

dragon_wings
07-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Take 2
6. I have to have my metal playlist playing on my iPod as I go to sleep.
7. I had my first hamburger at a swim team cook out at about 12. I'd always had the option of chicken or hotdogs previously.
8. I'm a knowledge junkie. I know a lot of random facts about my favorite series (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural, and more).
9. When working at Organic Grocery Store I became vegan. I was vegan for only 6 months before I added dairy and eggs back into my diet. I wasn't a great vegan anyways and I loved cheese and milk too much. I was vegetarian for about 16 months before I started eating meat again.
10. I'd much rather spend my money on books or dvd's then anything else. And I've already bought a fairly decent amount in the past 6 years.

draggar
07-14-2011, 10:12 PM
5. I can wiggle my eyes. It's always fun in staring contests. :D

So can I and you're so right. :D

I've eaten both raw at various times. If done right, de-licious!

Yep. Who cooks tuna? I don't. :D

2. I let my dog sleep with me.

That was actually preferred when we live in NJ during the winter. :)

Let's see...

1) I've raised baby squirrels, and I have pictures to prove it.
2) I've driven the entire length of US route 95 - from Miami, FL to Houlton, ME. I've also been on both ends of US Route 1 (Old Town, Key West, FL and Fort Kent, Maine - useless trivia alert - Route 1 "north" is actually going south at the end)).
3) I once drove over 2,000 miles (both ways) to pick up a puppy.
4) I think the Fifth Element and Hudson Hawk are great movies.
5) I have some sort of precognitive ability. A phrase comes into my mind and within a minute I hear it somewhere (on TV, on the radio, someone will say it, etc.)

dragon_wings
07-14-2011, 10:25 PM
4) I think the Fifth Element and Hudson Hawk are great movies.

Dude! The Fifth Element is one of the best movies ever in my opinion. And Hudson Hawk is quite good.

Marmalady
07-14-2011, 10:25 PM
1. Like Kara, I am generally aware when I am dreaming and if I don't like the way a dream is going I can change it or bring myself out of the dream (whereupon I usually wake up) This is very useful if I ever dream that I am back at boarding school (aarrgh!)

2. However cold it is, my hands are always warm. CWs come up to me at work on cold days and ask to hold my hands for a minute or two, not because they love me but because they know my hands will be as warm as toast. Not moist or sweaty, I hasten to add, just warm.

3. I am crazy about Lancasters. Yes that's right, the 4 engined heavy WW2 bomber. I'm sitting looking at a painting of one as I speak, hanging in my dining room. I even own a piece of one - the main spar of the BBMF Lancaster was replaced a few years ago and pieces of the old spar were cut up and sold off to raise funds, so I has one!

4. I very often start 'hearing' a song or piece of music in my head, for no apparent reason, only to hear it played on the radio a few minutes later.

5. I had a motorbike for several years and went everywhere on it, yet I have never been able to ride a bicycle.

Lady Legira
07-14-2011, 11:56 PM
1. I don't tan or burn even though I'm a fair skinned red(ish) head, I walked round Atlanta Zoo for hours without sun screen on and the only thing that happened was my skin got a bit warm.

2. My eyes change colour depending on my mood, My eyes are very green when I'm happy.

3. I will purr when my head is scratched to the amusement of my boyfriend.

4. I'm empathic to some degree, animals tend to trust me very fast, a cat my boyfriend was renting with a house decided I was worth it's time within 24 hours, it took my bf three weeks to get to that stage and it's owner longer. Their new cat came up to me almost as soon as I arrived when we went to visit the owners (who had moved in properly by then as my bf was renting while they worked on it.) The owners girlfriend said she had never seen it do that with anyone before.

5. I rarely wear socks or tights. I only ever wear them if it part of a costume (I cosplay some) or if it's extremely cold. I wore sandals all winter only adding socks when the snow was above my feet.

Mishi
07-15-2011, 12:16 AM
3. I am crazy about Lancasters.

My great-uncle was a navigator in a Lancaster, he was seconded from the Aussies over to you Brits for a while, then came back this way after VE Day. His cousin managed to get back to base safely after a friendly bomb went straight though his Lancaster's wing. Luckily, it failed to go off!

Which leads into my second list:

6 - I remember family stories really well, even when I've only heard them once. I'm trying to get my grandad to write them all down, because he's ill and I know there will be some that he's forgotten to tell me. Rugz is often surprised when I tell him some of his grandparents stories that they've told me.

7 - I buy small canvases for my girls to paint on. This way, I get to keep their artwork easily without having loads of paper piling up.

8 - I'd love to own a small farm one day, even though it will be hard work.

9 - Like Geek King, I switch off emotionally and time seems to slow right down when there's an emergency or when I'm badly hurt. I also do it when I'm about to lose my temper, am really tired or am worn out emotionally-speaking. It's very handy, because I can quickly mentally shuffle through actions/reactions/consequences/priorities and choose the best (or the least-bad) options.

10 - I can only sleep when I feel safe, and don't have nightmares when I sleep during the day.

BookstoreEscapee
07-15-2011, 01:04 AM
4. I have Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) which has caused me to be an insomniac for most of my life.

I have that, too. Had it since I was 14. When I was 15 I had ear tubes, which improved my hearing dramatically (had a 20-25% loss when I was tested after the ringing started) but did not help the ringing. I also hear different tones in each ear. It doesn't keep me awake most of the time but I do hear it more at night when it's quiet.

I will often yell at other drivers from within the cabin of my truck. Oftentimes it's something along the lines of, "Try the fucking pedal on the right, you moron! It means GO!"

Heh...my other favories, when stopped at a red green light: "Are you waiting for a particular shade of green?" or "It doesn't get any greener!" or "Green means GO!!"

Also, when someone turns or changes lanes without signaling: "Nice turn signal! Very subtle!!"

As for yelling at other drivers, let's just say it's a good thing I usually don't have anyone else in the car with me.

You really should look at a map.
OK, fair enough. I've never been west of PA while leaving the Eastern seaboard. How's that?

There are a lot of iconic movies I have never seen, which is a bit odd as I am a bit of a movie buff. But some I have managed to miss include all of the Jurrasic Parks, Goonies, Stand by Me, and the one that drives people nuts when they find out I've never seen it, Christmas Story.

I love Stand By Me.

Short girls are hawt! Of course, I'm 5'8", but still, I find girls your height and shorter to be cuter than hell, and have a thang for them.
I'm 5'4" :eyewaggle:

Unlike some women, I have never had to pretend to like beer, I always have.

I have never felt the need to pretend I like beer. Nor have I even desired to acquire a taste for it either. Ditto for wine.

MoonCat
07-15-2011, 01:26 AM
Thought of one more:

My favorite joke is "What has four wheels and flies?"

(answer: a garbage truck)

Duh.:D

I said it was my favorite...I didn't say it was sophisticated! :p

Frantic Freddie
07-15-2011, 01:39 AM
1. I can cross my eyes then move them independently side-to-side
2. I can't whistle
3. I can do an exercise with my drumsticks I learned many years ago that could damage your arms if you don't do it right
4. I really don't like heights
5. Cats like me.I like them.

ohsobitter
07-15-2011, 01:52 AM
I know I don't post much, but this is a lot of fun.

Always sherbet, never ice cream. Unless it's mint chocolate chip from an ice cream shop in the town I grew up in with bittersweet chocolate and crushed peanuts.

I have more cats then I care to count, but they are the best. (Don't tell the others, but they are all my favorites.)

Had colon cancer when I was 32, my doctor cried when he told my parents.

Knew I didn't want kids at 16, and thank goodness I can't ever have them.

Wasn't married until I was 36 & my husband was 37. Only weird thing is everyone is always shocked that this is our first marriage.

Am a very social person, but HATE talking on the phone.

Severen13
07-15-2011, 01:59 AM
1. Never been drunk or high.

2. I don't own a dress or skirt.

3. I don't like coffee, but I love coffee ice cream and frappuccinos.

4. I love "World's Wildest Police Video"-type shows.

5. I am the middle child, and everything you've heard about being the middle child is true. :rolleyes:

taurinejunkie
07-15-2011, 02:57 AM
6. My hands are apparently always cold.
7. I cannot find my own pulse unless someone finds it for me and puts my fingers on it.
8. I generally don't wear socks if I'm not also wearing shoes/boots.
9. I can hardly ever be bothered to discover new music on my own.
10. I can never remember my exact height.

Food Lady
07-15-2011, 06:24 AM
I'm playin' again:

6. I love condiments and sides by themselves. It amuses my BFF to no end that I will eat brown sugar straight out of the bag. I do it with maple syrup, too. Also mayo, sour cream, salad dressings, etc.
7. I am a Mayflower descendant.
8. My eyes are a true blend of my parents' colors: grey-blue + brown-hazel=dark teal
9. I've dreamt repeatedly about minor incidents until they finally happened.
10. I had fairly straight hair until junior high, when it went curly.

Food Lady
07-15-2011, 06:26 AM
never been drunk or high me neither

Mytical
07-15-2011, 06:59 AM
Only 5?

1. I have a collection of unicorn figurines.
2. I've seen, and even talked to spirits.
3. Medical science has no clue why I am still alive
4. Use to know the books of D&D by heart, including page number
5. Have forgotten a lot more then I currently know.

Jester
07-15-2011, 01:17 PM
My standard response to creep-crawlies is to kill first and ask questions later. He claims I have no sense of self-preservation.

See, I have no issue with bugs in general. Yes, cockroaches are nasty and disgusting, but I have no issue killing them, nor do I fear them or any other insects....except the bee-types. And as I think I said, this is not a healthy respect for them, it is not an allergy-based fear, and it is not because they have stung me a lot--I've only ever gotten one bee sting in my life, when I was 9. Which, for those of you keeping score at home, was over 30 years ago.

But for some irrational reason that I cannot possibly explain to myself or anyone else, these little flying stingers scare the living shit out of me.

Casablanca

The Goonies

E.T.

Never seen it, never seen it, and saw it opening night when I was 10 or so, and think it's fantastic!

I have, quite literally, forgotten my own name while NOT under the influence of any type of mind altering chemical agents. I had to look at my driver's license to answer the nice lady's question....

I have often joked around about this, usually with my bar guests. They'll ask me my name, I'll get a confused look on my face, reach for my wallet while saying, "You ask all the tough questions!" then glance at my license and say, "Oh, yeah. Jester." Rarely does this fail to get a laugh. :lol:

I wonder if that's why this one guy I knew would scream and flail about whenever a simple little honeybee came near.

To you, it's a simple little honeybee. To me, it's :runaway: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" :runaway:

And I'm the same guy who's told a guy twice my size who threatened to kick my ass that "I hope you brought friends."

Remember, kids, the very definition of phobia is an IRRATIONAL fear. So please, don't tell me how harmless bees are. I KNOW that I am a thousand times larger than it, and that I have almost nothing to fear from it. And yet, it still scares the bejeebus out of me.

Yep. Who cooks tuna? I don't.

I am the same way about salmon. If it's cooked, it's lost all flavor, with the singular exception of smoked salmon. But generally speaking, I love my salmon raw, preferably of the Irish or Scottish variety.

And while I love my sushi, tuna is one of those fish that to me can be great raw or cooked, as long as it's cooked the right way. A nice blackened or seared tuna steak, or a tuna tataki is awesome!

I think the Fifth Element and Hudson Hawk are great movies.

I'll half agree with you. Fifth Element is AWESOME!

OK, fair enough. I've never been west of PA while leaving the Eastern seaboard. How's that?

I'm not even sure I understand what that means. Since, you know, Florida IS part of the Eastern seaboard.

I'm 5'4" :eyewaggle:

And you live in New Jersey. Which is not only inconvenient due to the distance, but also due to the fact that I really can't stand the place. Not just because it's cold, which I also hate, but simply because it's New Jersey. Love the Shore, love your tomatoes, hate the rest of the damn place. Sorry.

I have never felt the need to pretend I like beer. Nor have I even desired to acquire a taste for it either. Ditto for wine.

And then there's this. My three loves are beer, rum, and wine. I'm afraid the wedding's over, darlin'. :lol:

I am the middle child, and everything you've heard about being the middle child is true.

I am also a middle child, and I must object to this statement.

Not only is everything you've heard about being the middle child absolutely true, but so is everything you haven't heard about it! :lol:

fireheart
07-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Five things about me.

1. I have Borderline Personality Disorder. Yeah, I'm gonna put it out there.
2. I'm gifted/talented. I was tested when I was five.
3. I went through a LONG phase of NOT wearing skirts or dresses. Nowadays I wear dresses in summer.
4. I still toy with the idea of a Prince Charming, although I already have my own Prince Charming :eyewag:.
5. I want to be a music teacher.

Another five things:

6. I wound up being tested for Aspergers twice. Once when I was five. And again when I was 13/14. Both times it turned out I just had problems with my social skills but I lacked most of the other characteristics for Aspergers.
7. I have a phobia of people getting their head shaved. I cannot watch someone getting their head shaved. (Yes, I did watch V for Vendetta and I managed to sit thorugh it but felt EXTREMELY uncomfortable afterwards)
8. I have never gotten extremely drunk.
9. I have not, and never will, wear contacts. I've found that me without glasses is odd.
10. I seem to come from a arty family. My dad plays drums, my mum used to play flute (and I do), my sister is an artist and so was my grandfather. :p

Kara
07-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Remember, kids, the very definition of phobia is an IRRATIONAL fear. So please, don't tell me how harmless bees are. I KNOW that I am a thousand times larger than it, and that I have almost nothing to fear from it. And yet, it still scares the bejeebus out of me.

Just like I said in my first list. I know they usually don't even care that I even exist, I know the whole "they're more scared of you than you are of them" thing, I know that being stung isn't even that bad and I know I'm not allergic. None of those facts matter when one is anywhere near me. Last time a wasp flew in my relative direction, not at me, I ran across my backyard in a panic, tripped because part of my backyard is basically a slope, and landed in my gravel driveway. The previous summer, some asshole smashed the back window out of our van, and though I did my best to get all the shards cleaned up, my arm found one I missed. I had to have my doctor pull it out because it was so deeply embedded in my arm, and I had to have stitches. And you know what I thought about it? "At least I got away from that fucking wasp." And I was fully aware than had it had any intention of stinging me, and had done so, it wouldn't have hurt anywhere near as bad or required a trip to the doc. But that's what phobias do to you.

Most people are sympathetic to my fear of stingy things, though they assume either I'm allergic or afraid of being stung. Where I get wtf looks, called slang terms for female genitalia, and laughed at, are with my fear of junebugs. They buzz. They're hard shelled and they don't land on you, they bodyslam you. And their legs are prickly. They like my head. They make my fucking skin crawl. They're weird and creepy and intrusive and ew, okay? Just ew. And they are 100% harmless. I don't care where I am or what I'm doing or who is in my immediate presence, I will shriek and run away screaming, flailing my arms and trembling in fear. And I have no doubt it's pretty damn hilarious to witness. But I don't care. We hates them. We hates them forever.

Cookie
07-15-2011, 04:11 PM
1. I have curly hair, but it didn't turn curly until I was in my early 20s.
2. I'm also allergic to food coloring and my reaction is such that I get very, very...high. In fact, I was badly addicted to the stuff and quitting was a bitch.
3. I've only ever dated or kissed one man. I married him. :D Same for him, I was his first and only.
4. My eyes change color with my mood. Neutral is brown in the middle and green on the outside. When I'm angry, they get more brown and very dark. When I'm very happy, they get brighter and more green. Depressed, they turn grey.
5. I was so sheltered, I never even knew there was an "f" word until I was 19.

Kittish
07-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Ok, round two! Too many people to quote/comment on with their items, I've lost track.

6. I have had things happen in my vicinity that should not have been possible. The biggest one that sticks in my mind is bringing a 70 foot, 40 ton 18-wheeler to a full stop from 55 mph in LESS than the length of the truck (though only by a foot or two), and without causing the truck to jackknife. The lady who'd lost control of her car in front of me and thereby did not get killed that day was grateful.

7. I'm haunted, with my blessing, by several of the cats I've had. They jump into bed with me if the bed isn't too crowded, and purr in my ear and rub against me at random times. I like knowing they've chosen to stay with me. I think they also play with my current cat, our dogs, and the household pixies.

8. Speaking of pixies, this house has them. I'm pretty sure this particular tribe of pixies has followed me through several moves. I'm on good terms with them, and as a consequence don't have the "I know I set XXX down right here not 15 seconds ago, where's it gone?!" stuff happen. Or not much, and never on anything actually important. My pixies will actually bring stuff that's been legitimately lost BACK, and put it where I'll notice it.

9. I tend toward being highly empathic, even over long distances. One person I game with online but have never met face to face would swear I'm a telepath. I frequently (about 70% of the time) say what he's just about to say or answer a question from him just before he can actually ask it.

10. I've become a kitchen snob. I refuse to buy most sorts of prepared packaged items, I have developed a strong preference for making things myself, as close to completely from scratch as I can manage. And I find that I'm good at it.

telecom_goddess
07-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Ok I thought of even more, and they echo some other's posts as well. I'm starting to get worried :D

I too have a lousy sense of direction. I once got lost in my own neighborhood cause it was dark :o

I have a phobia of bees as well and it stems from the fact that I have never been stung and I don't know if I"m allergic or not.

I LOVE vanilla and I LOVE lemon especially together.

I also have a personality disorder

I'm clumsier than fuck...remember I'm the one that tripped over nothing and broke my own arm in a cubical wall three years ago.

I also don't like diamonds or jewelry in general unless it's really cool body jewelry or native american or something. Fancy jewelry bores me.

I skipped kindergarten cause I already knew how to read, jumped right into first grade and as a result started my senior of high school when I was 16 and graduated at 17.

I'm sure I'll think of more cause I'm a bundle of weirdness.

Pony_Boy
07-15-2011, 05:40 PM
1. I was born 3 months premature - doctors told my mom not to bother naming me since I wouldn't survive more then a month 6 months later they told her that I would never walk 28 years later I'm alive and walk just fine fuck you doctors!

2. for years and years I was a voracious reader mostly of fantasy novels. I used to polish off 1 or 2 books a week For the last 5 years I havent been able to read anything longer then a comic book I have no idea why

3. I've been a huge sports fan my whole life and many member of my family are very athletically inclined. I, however have 0 ability coordination or anything else necessary to play sports. \this was always a sore spot for me, to the point where even today while still being a huge fan I can barely bring myself to watch a sporting event on TV its frustrating and painful

4.I'm very "Vulcan-like" in my way of thinking, very logical and little or no emotion. I also find it extremely difficult to understand other peoples emotions or why they feel that way. After doing some research I'm either somewhere on the autistic scale or somewhat psychotic both options worry me alot

5. I've often dreamt about a girl with bright red hair green eyes and a strong irish or scottish accent i don't know what i would do if I ever met this girl

42_42_42
07-15-2011, 05:55 PM
rounds 2-5 for me...

6. My mom came thisclose to miscarrying me, then she and I almost died when she was in labor with me and I was born by c-section.

7. I can recall snippets of my past lives; most vividly how I died. Despite, or perhaps because, of this I am terrified of dieing and will have a panic attack if I allow myself to think about it.

8. I am somewhat telepathic and psychic. I've heard my father's thoughts from over 20 feet away across a crowded amusement park, for example. The last 4 times my sister's been pregnant, I've known she was pregnant even before being told, despite not having seen her for months before hand. When my dad'sbrother died, I woke up at the precise time he died and knew he was dead.

9. I was in a car wreck on the way to my senior prom. We were in a Geo Metro and t-boned a pick-up truck that pulled out in front of us in the dark in the middle of the countryside w/o headlights on at 50 mph. The front of our car no longer existed when we came to a stop. Both me and my date walked away from the car with very minor injuries (me: bruises, him: broken hand). When the paramedics arrived, they didn't believe we were the ones in the car at first, as from the damage to the car, they said we should be dead.

10. I've been to the Statue of Liberty times and the Eiffel Tower twice and never been to the top. Every time the elevator has been broken and as I was with a tour group, did not have time to climb the stairs.

11. I have been haunted before.

12. I know God exists because I've had multiple conversations with him/her. Usually telling me something about the future of my life that I am *not* happy about, but that always comes true and ultimately it has always been easier for me to come to terms with because I knew ahead of time that it was going to happen.

13. I've seen heaven and hell. The reality of them will suprise most people.

14. When I was a girl, I looked like Drew Barrymore's twin. We look less alike now, mostly because of my being overweight, but people still comment on the similarity of our appearances from time to time.

15. One of my ancestors was in William the Conqueror's army at the Battle of Hastings and there is a castle in France built by one of my ancestors that is still owned by a (very) distant relative.

16. After eating a meal at a restaurant just one time, I can usually recreate it almost exactly or even improve upon it at home without a recipe.

17. My favorite Sesame Street character has always been Oscar the Grouch.

18. I first read the complete Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy series when I was 13 and for the next 10 years, read it every spring at the end of the school year. In total, I've read it 15 times.

19. I saw Return of the Jedi in theaters when it was originally released in 1983. I was 5 and had already seen the previous two movies at home on TV and VHS at least a dozen times each.

20. The first movie I ever saw in theaters was Disney's Fantasia. To this day it remains one of my favorite films.

21. I draw architectural plans for fun. I've been doing this since I was in 7th grade.

22. I have a pen-pal I met at Disney World when I was 11. We still correspond. We've seen each other in person only one time since we first met.

23. I can get babies and toddlers to sleep even when their parents can't.

24. My mother, sister and I all have a mole on our chests in the exact same place.

25. Warning: this one is X-rated: I can orgasm fom kissing, having the space where my neck and shoulder meet kissed, and from giving oral sex.

Zellie Crescent
07-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Here's 5 more. :)

6) Chicken soup is my favorite food.

7) I eat more than anyone I know, I actually scared one of my friends at a buffet once. XD

8) I have a knife collection of over 40 knives.

9) All the times I've ever been "kneel down" sick it's always been at night.

10) I was born with jet black hair and REALLY fair skin, depending on which one of my relatives you ask I either look like a baby Snow White or a baby Morticia Adams.

Eisa
07-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Eh, why not do some more. :)

6) I have a dissociative disorder.

7) I have a phobia of, it seems, practically everything. :lol: [Including bees! I've never been stung and I don't want to find out if I'm allergic or not!]

8) My favorite hairstyle seems to be pigtails. Or a French braid.

9) I'm empathic.

10) I'm actually really socially awkward and shy and say stupid things around people all the time. And don't like admitting when I need someone.

Kogarashi
07-15-2011, 07:52 PM
To you, it's a simple little honeybee. To me, it's :runaway: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" :runaway:

And I'm the same guy who's told a guy twice my size who threatened to kick my ass that "I hope you brought friends."

Oh, I'm not trying to tell you how harmless they are. Mostly wondering if this "super-allergic" guy I knew also had a phobia, since he just would not stop swinging at the bee (instead of running) despite his supposed allergy. I had to stop hanging around him outside during warm weather because if there's one surefire way to get a bee to sting you, it's swinging at it without killing it right away. I certainly didn't want to be stung because he couldn't bring himself to just get away from it.

Come to think of it, I don't think I have any strong phobias myself. A lot of mild ones, but none that make me scream and panic just thinking about them. I suppose the claustrophobia comes close....

monolayth
07-15-2011, 09:52 PM
ok more!

6. I have a social phobia. it just makes me come across as being something that rimes with witch.

7. I think I look horrible no matter what I actually look like if my eyebrows are not neat. Like embarrassed to go out in public.

8. I cannot let others know what music I am listening to or book I am reading. Huge anxiety there. It feel as private as what brand of feminine products I use.

9. I am easily overwhelmed by the world. If there is too much going on I cannot function. I have to cut sensations out. I need a sensory deprivation chamber.

10. I have a fear of whales.

I totally sound sooo crazy

Squeaksmyalias
07-15-2011, 10:54 PM
7. I can recall snippets of my past lives; most vividly how I died. Despite, or perhaps because, of this I am terrified of dieing and will have a panic attack if I allow myself to think about it.

8. I am somewhat telepathic and psychic. I've heard my father's thoughts from over 20 feet away across a crowded amusement park, for example. The last 4 times my sister's been pregnant, I've known she was pregnant even before being told, despite not having seen her for months before hand. When my dad'sbrother died, I woke up at the precise time he died and knew he was dead.

Me too, I've had some vivid dreams/memories about people I've known over different times. No one famous or anything just I've remembered conversations I've had with people, it was interesting. I also remember someone I was married to in a past life, which I find awesome, cause in a past life I was very loved.

I always know when something is off about family and have strange things happen to me before something serious happens to them. Like the day my grandmother collapsed and died, that morning I woke up, stood up and before I knew it I was on the ground and passed out. I was perfectly fine but spent the day wondering what the heck was going to happen to my family, later that day I was bitten by a dog, and had to care for a snake. Later I took them as an omen which might seem silly, but it was a black dog, and my grandfather is terrified of snakes. When I was in 5th grade and in class I knew my father was having a heart attack, they called my mother to come get me because I was crying so hard and they couldn't calm me. When they got her on the phone they found out she was just about to come get me because he was in the hospital because of a heart attack. Things like that. It's kinda hard to explain, but I can always tell something is wrong.

Mishi
07-15-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm clumsier than fuck...remember I'm the one that tripped over nothing and broke my own arm in a cubical wall three years ago.

Proof we're figments of the same imagination? I managed to slice my arm open simply by walking though my own kitchen!

Princess J
07-16-2011, 02:52 AM
8. I cannot let others know what music I am listening to or book I am reading. Huge anxiety there. It feel as private as what brand of feminine products I use.

I can understand that. Sometimes people can be so judgemental about what we read or listen to. I can read anything from Anne of Green Gables to Carrie (just an example, as I have both of those on one my bookshelves) and I have had others sneer at Anne.

I also can listen to a good deal of singers/bands that can be considered guilty pleasures (full confession, even though I made a crack about forcing an obscene caller to listen to Air Supply, I have been known to listen to them voluntarily.) and if someone goes through my music collection it can feel like an invasion. I don't want to constantly explain why I like this one or that. I just do, okay?

The point is your taste in books and music is subjective, and it is really awful to wonder if someone you don't know well is going to rip on your tastes.

I am quite open with my tastes with close friends. Strangers are another story. I do not want them in my private world.

telecom_goddess
07-16-2011, 05:53 AM
Proof we're figments of the same imagination? I managed to slice my arm open simply by walking though my own kitchen!

Oh no......that's just as bad as me! We are a danger to ourselves for sure :lol:

draggar
07-16-2011, 01:27 PM
6. I have a social phobia. it just makes me come across as being something that rimes with witch.

My wife takes that as a compliment,

6- I've played the flute and wasn't that bad (actually, the only two common woodwinds I've never played were the bassoon and a piccolo).

7- I've also played a clarinet that is taller than most humans. Yes, that takes some lung power.

8- I invented a reed trumpet once. It sounded AWESOME. Too bad no one liked the idea. The brass people (who pretty much has their way all the time) thought it was an abomination.

9- I've made an arrangement of a popular song for Jazz bad and had it recorded (I did the arrangement in high school, had it recorded in college).

10- I've never had perfect pitch but I used to be able to hear a note and know what note it was.

11 - I helped write THE guide on music based laser discs (back in the early 90's) but never got credit. Hell, I didn't just help, I pretty much WROTE it.

12 - I was on ESPN playing the tenor sax. It was actually a retaliation for me taking the sports caster's picture.

13- I wrote a cadence even though I'm not a percussionist.

14- I used to be able to transpose music in my head. It came in handy when I was in a pit orchestra

15- I almost took a job playing the tenor sax in a jazz band on a cruise ship - sometimes I still wish I took that job.

16- The tenor sax isn't my primary instrument despite being on this list a couple of times.

17- I had the nickname "Contra" for many years (high school and college) yet it didn't refer to any rebels or video games. See #7 for a hint.

18- In total, I've played (as in for an audience either a solo or part of an ensemble) 12 instruments.

19- My high school band won international competitions.

20- Despite being a computer / IT geek my first love is still music - hence why I own over 500 CDs, all digitized on my computer.

JoitheArtist
07-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Honestly, most of the things about me are weird. :D

1. I prefer The Silmarillion to both The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.

2. I am addicted to Fruit Punch flavored Crystal Light.

3. The only thing that would get me to leave Southern California is if I was picked for the first Martian colony (dead serious about that: I'd totally go on a one-way trip to Mars)

4. I can sing a few songs in Welsh.

5. My favorite newspaper comic is one that hasn't run in 40 or 50 years (Pogo.)

telecom_goddess
07-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Honestly, most of the things about me are weird. :D

3. The only thing that would get me to leave Southern California is if I was picked for the first Martian colony (dead serious about that: I'd totally go on a one-way trip to Mars)

5. My favorite newspaper comic is one that hasn't run in 40 or 50 years (Pogo.)

I totally know you would go to Mars :D

One more thing about me...I know an interesting fact involving Pogo. When the band Poco first formed in the late 60's they went by the name Pogo but changed it due to copyright infringement of the name Pogo.

Yeah I'm full of weird musical trivia too.

JoitheArtist
07-16-2011, 03:23 PM
I totally know you would go to Mars :D

One more thing about me...I know an interesting fact involving Pogo. When the band Poco first formed in the late 60's they went by the name Pogo but changed it due to copyright infringement of the name Pogo.

Yeah I'm full of weird musical trivia too.

I would so go to Mars...I don't even know why it's my favorite planet, it just is. Well, and I've always loved cold non-dune deserts.)

I grew up with my dad reading Pogo to us, and he would do all the voices, which was a delight! Plus, the art is simply fantastic. Favorite line: Dog: "I kin out-think you bal'-headed!" Alligator: "HA! I is already bal'-headed!" Yes, my dad and I will frequently say this to each other.

Actually, that's another weird thing: my family can converse entirely in quotes. Favorite sources: Pogo, MST3K, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Three Amigos. It is TOTALLY normal for one of us to turn to another one and say "You shot the invisible swordsman!" and the other to respond with "NI!!" It's a great way to weed out unsuitable boyfriends for my sister: if they don't laugh or can't quote, they don't last.

MoonCat
07-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Actually, that's another weird thing: my family can converse entirely in quotes. Favorite sources: Pogo, MST3K, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Three Amigos. It is TOTALLY normal for one of us to turn to another one and say "You shot the invisible swordsman!" and the other to respond with "NI!!" It's a great way to weed out unsuitable boyfriends for my sister: if they don't laugh or can't quote, they don't last.

My family does that! Some conversations are a weird mix of Monthy Python, Benny Hill, Dave Allen, Dr. Who, and various old cartoon shows. My brother could quote whole scenes from Roger Ramjet and Beany & Cecil even though he hadn't seen them for over 40 years.

Midnight12
07-17-2011, 03:44 AM
1. would prefer to eat most of my food with chopsticks but as I have yet to own a solid non wood pair forks it is. (IE a polished or lacquered set)
2. if a piece of furniture smells to me i won't touch it, it could be clean and sanitary but if it smells off to me i won't use it no matter how much febreeze there is
3. when and if i "claim" something I do it by keeping said object with me for three days straight so that it carrys my scent and stays with me or in my safe place.
4. my room is my safe place and unless you knock or ask to come in its not a good idea to enter without my permission. IE if i said sure you can go in if i'm not there its fine but those who have done so w/o my consent have told me they get this cold feeling and that they should leave NOW
5. due to my left eye being lazy i have a better peripheral view of my left side and can almost stop people from sneaking up on me from the left.

Sakka
07-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Five weird things game

1 Unless Iím wearing heavy boots or shoes, when I walk, my heels do NOT touch the ground.

2 I should not be able to walk. When I was a child, I fell from a second story height with my spine crosswise to an approx 5 inch square beam on the ground, rounded corners. Picture a map compass, my spine is North-South, the beam was East-West, impact was just above or even with my hips. I walk with a bit of a limp, and if Iím not paying attention to how I walk (I need to devote conscious thought to how to move my legs, and I still bob up and down with each step), one leg will drag and the ankle goes all floppy. Because of that, I am now deathly scared of heights, as in second step on a ladder and I freeze.
I should be missing my left thumb. Still a kid, before I fell and hurt my back, I was playing with a safety razor and removed just over half of the thumb from just before the first knuckle. My thumb print has a horizontal line through it showing from where it grew back from.

3 I have an accent, which confuses everyone who knows me. Except for a quick day trip across the border into Washington state when twelve or so, I have never left the country. Both parents were born in Canada and reportedly have no discernable accent, yet I have a slight Scottish brogue to my speech. It is most noticeable when Iím very tired, or am losing my patience with someone/thing. Related to this, when I was learning various languages, I spoke German with a French accent (Drove german grandma nuts), French with a German accent(Drove two french teachers to distraction), and I canít remember what accent I was told I have when I was trying the Scandinavian languages.

4 My natural hair colour is/has been; bright red, dark blonde, blonde, white, strawberry blonde, etc. Depending upon my age and the time of year. ... And yes, when I have hair down below, it is one or two shades off from what is on top of my head.

5 It is not uncommon for me to dress all in black, lean against a white wall, and have someone walk past me several times looking for me, then ask the person standing next to me if theyíve seen me lately. .... Oddly, both people tend to jump when I move or speak up that Iím there.

Have some more...

6 I have been accused of being a Vulcan sent to spy on people, a robot, and/or an AI seeing if people pass a Touring test.

7 Related to 6, there are people who have known me for over a decade (or two) who have never seen me; smile, laugh, eat, drink, sleep, be tired, angry, mad, whatever. Side note, for years, the SO of a good friend of mine was convinced that I hated her because I never said more then two words at a time to her. The look of shock on her face the first time she heard me say more than two words together to her, or laugh at her assertion that I hated her, was priceless. ... I just found her really boring and had nothing to contribute to the conversation. (Not that I could have gotten a word in edgewise anyway) :rolleyes:

8 Several relatives (all on dadís side) are convinced that demons/vampires/etc are real and that there is heritage of at least one in my momís side of the family. The proof they offer is that I hardly ever eat around them, Iím incredibly pale compared to every other relative (I glow in the dark, seriously), and most convincingly in their opinion, no matter how tired I am during the day, as soon as the sun sets, itís just like Iíve gotten a jolt of energy and am suddenly wide awake. Also, a couple cousins have gotten me mad enough that I was ready to forcibly remove them from the mortal coil. To this day, they swear that my eyes turned a red colour when I had them pinned to a wall and their feet were dangling.

9 Apparently my gender is mutable. I can call up a business for something, and get all sirs for the first call. Ten minutes later, call to the same business, get the EXACT same person, and I get all maíamís the second time around. :wtf:
And this happens online too. I know people who insist I am male because of how I type, and others who insist I am female, also because of how I type. :headscratch::shrug:

10 I have a very fast and light pulse, sometimes finding it can be a challenge. In more than a few lifesaving classes, Iíve had my partner check each wrist then my neck for a pulse, and be unable to find it. The instructor will then wander over and check for my pulse. ... All but one had to get a stethoscope and listen to my chest for a heartbeat. And two or three of them took more than a few minutes to find my heartbeat.

11 I have very cold hands, even in summer. But the rest of me can be radiating so much heat that I feel like a little sun. Even in winter, my body tends to radiate as much heat as possible, but my hands will be ice cold.

12 I love the cold. Most comfortable place Iíve ever been, for a week or two, the daytime high was below -45C. ... I slept with my window open and nude. In fact, during winter, I canít sleep unless there is a thin layer of ice on my bed sheets.

13 On my momís side of the family, various relatives can influence the weather. Grandpa was famous for that. Each winter, grandparents would travel from Saskatchewan to one of the islands off the BC coast. Didnít matter how bad the weather was on their route, they always had good weather. Didnít matter how bad the weather was here, three to four hours before theyíd arrive, the weather would be nice. As soon as theyíd unpack what they had for the time they were staying here, bad weather would return. Weather would be lousy, until three to four hours before theyíd leave, and three to four hours after they had left, bad weather would return.
14 Iím not good with doing facial expressions. When I was a baby and learning facial expressions, my main source of learning, Mom, had Bellís palsy. I can still make half my face go slack at will, which freaks everyone around me. Especially when I alternate which side of my face is slack. I canít do both sides at once.

*Next two are possibly tmi *

15 When I was younger, but legal, I would strip in front of a webcam as a way to raise my confidence/self-esteem, and I found it fun. One thing I remember most from that time period in my life, whenever I was in front of the webcam, my heart rate would change. Usually my heart rate is a very fast and light thwipthwipthwipthwip. Be in front of the camera and removing clothing, my heart rate would change to an almost painful THUD ... THUD ... THUD

16 Iím in my early-mid thirties, and havenít been physically intimate with anyone. Ninety-something percent of the time, I donít see this as a problem.

Jester
07-17-2011, 03:25 PM
1. I was born 3 months premature - doctors told my mom not to bother naming me since I wouldn't survive more then a month 6 months later they told her that I would never walk 28 years later I'm alive and walk just fine fuck you doctors!

Because I did everything late, developmentally speaking (walking, talking, etc.), a doctor told my mother when I was an infant that I would probably end up being retarded. I have always wanted to find this doctor and send him my SAT scores as a fine "fuck you." Sadly, mom has no idea what his name was. (This WAS 40 years ago, after all!)

19. I saw Return of the Jedi in theaters when it was originally released in 1983.

Please. I have seen every single one of the Star Wars movies in the theaters, during their initial runs. Of course, I am eight years older than you. :lol:

Sometimes people can be so judgemental about what we read or listen to.

I get a lot of shit from some of my male friends for the number of female artists I love to listen to, and an inordinate amount of shit when people, male or female, find out my favorite band is Heart. (Other female artists that I rock out to: Sheryl Crow, the Go-Go's, Vixen, L7, Stevie Nicks, Avril Lavigne, Pat Benatar, the Runaways, Transvision Vamp (lead singer was female, anyway), Four Non Blondes, the Cranberries (female lead singer), Jewel, Melissa Etheridge, etc., etc. You get the idea. I just think the female voice is often just better to listen to. Especially with some of these artists listed.

If people don't like it? Fuck 'em.

1. I prefer The Silmarillion to both The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.

That is odd. Personally, I found The Silmarillion unreadable, and despite trying to read it twice, have never finished it. In my opinion, Christopher was just not the writer his father was, and he could not adequately finish the book. Of course, you are going to disagree with me on this, but that's my take on it.

1. would prefer to eat most of my food with chopsticks but as I have yet to own a solid non wood pair forks it is. (IE a polished or lacquered set)

You really should get a set. They are quite awesome.

telecom_goddess
07-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Female artists rule! I love Heart, and I've gotten into the Runaways lately. A list of people I've been listening to:

Linda Ronstadt (seventies/eighties when she still did rock and roll)
Vonda Shepard (she was most famous for being on Ally Mcbeal)
Joni Mitchell -- nuff said
ALANIS MORISSETTE -- she did an acoustic version of Jagged Little Pill that I find way more interesting than that original
Patsy Cline -- classic

Anyways....to be more on topic I also have a lazy eye and while I can NOT see in 3d I do have excellent periphial vision. Yeah 3d movies are lost on me. No depth perception.

dalesys
07-17-2011, 05:56 PM
(Other female artists that I rock out to:...

Female artists rule!...
Research the band Fanny (1970-1974). Five albums: Fanny, Charity Ball, Fanny Hill, Mother's Pride & Rock & Roll Survivors.
First all-female rock band that wrote their own material AND was signed by a major label AND actually got to release full albums.

Fanny fan David Bowie said in Rolling Stone - 29 December 1999: "One of the most important female bands in American rock has been buried without a trace. And that is Fanny. They were one of the finest... rock bands of their time, in about 1973. They were extraordinary... they're as important as anybody else who's ever been, ever; it just wasn't their time."

Antisocial_Worker
07-18-2011, 05:06 AM
1. Also a low-level empath, psychic, something-or-other. I often get a heads-up to big changes approaching in my life by way of flashes of deja vu. The more frequently these flashes hit, and the stronger they hit, the bigger the change. Before I met my current boyfriend, the deja vu was almost constant for practically an entire month. I also received a vision of my current boyfriend a couple of years before I met him. There's an interesting story there if anyone would care to have me elaborate on it.

2. I have a very vivid memory of being attacked by a doll when I was a very small child. By "attack," I mean that it came at me and was threatening to kill me. The doll had belonged to my mother, and I remember that we would come home sometimes and find that it had moved around her bedroom while we were out. I also remember throwing an absolute screaming, crying fit until my mother agreed to throw it away.

3. My family sees ghosts. The supernatural is perfectly natural to us, in fact. There are four separate death omens that have been known to appear to people in my family soon to die, including a ghostly lamb that circles the deathbed, seeing the "13 lights of Heaven," visits from dead relatives (my mother saw her dead sister looking at her over the EMT's shoulder in the ambulance once during a particularly bad diabetic low and my dad saw his mother standing in the corner of his hospital room once), and -- and this is the one I really hope will not be coming for me -- a floating white coffin that makes a buzzing sound like a hive of angry bees. My grandfather saw that one once and, because he happened to be carrying a shotgun with him at the time, let loose with both barrels. The coffin flipped over, the lid popped open and a dead white dog dropped out, and it vanished. The dog stayed where it was by the side of the road until it rotted away to bones.

4. I'm a writer and, according to those who have read my writing, I'm good at it. Nevertheless, I hate writing and working up the wherewithal to have another go at a chapter is like hauling a load of bricks uphill.

5. I hate fruit in almost all its forms. The only exceptions are some berries, and I can tolerate apples and cherries if they're cooked. Everything else is a no-go. Strangely enough though, I like the flavors of fruit, and fruit juices.

teh_blumchenkinder
07-18-2011, 07:53 AM
more!
never had a dream the first time I fall asleep at night, even though I fall asleep thinking of stories, specific ones with plot and everything! All my 'dreams' are from when I wake up in the morning, then fall back asleep.
tmi/deals with sex: still a virgin
Guilty pleasures: fanfic and dance/trance music
I have no idea what to do with my hair other than put it in a pony tail-- I have issues with sensitivity/my skin, and had my hair short (like, boy short) since about 5th grade, until college. Now? down to mid-shoulderblade. :lol:

Eisa
07-18-2011, 08:23 AM
-comes up with some more-

I write Harry Potter fanfiction and my favorite 'ship is Hermione/Severus.

I can spell "floccinaucinihilipilification" without looking it up. And pronounce it correctly.

My hair, for some reason, has an "under-tint" of sorts that is orange, not brown, and is the reason my bf kept telling me I looked like a redhead in the pics I'd send him sometimes. :lol:

Ok fine--the thought of talking to someone on the phone makes me freeze up and sometimes go into a panic attack. The only people I can talk to comfortably on the phone are my bf and my family, and even that doesn't remain constant. I don't know what it is about the telephone, but it happens. Professional calls are worse than friend/acquaintance calls. I can still make them--and receiving calls is easier than calling someone myself. :p

My favorite food is tuna mac. I think it is ambrosia from the gods and is the SUPREME comfort food. :D

-5 more-

I can do the Time Warp in 5-inch platform mary janes.

I can also sing just about every song in Repo! The Genetic Opera. My favorite to sing along with is probably "Let the Monster Rise" and yes, I can sing the last note with Nathan. ;)

I can't swim. At all. My friend Jenny tried to teach me a few years ago, and I got everything right up to the point of actual swimming--and couldn't do it. Then after that, my friend Stephanie tried to teach me, but she chose trying to teach me in a wave pool. :eek: Um...sorry, but there is no way I can relax enough to learn in that atmosphere!

Claritin makes my ears ring like there's no tomorrow. I was on it for a bit as a teenager to see if my headaches were sinus-related and it drove me bonkers after the first day.

I have very, very vivid dreams. Several of them in the past year have involved velociraptors. I don't know why. :confused:

teh_blumchenkinder
07-19-2011, 02:19 AM
I write Harry Potter fanfiction and my favorite 'ship is Hermione/Severus.

.... to each their own. .__.

I can do the Time Warp in 5-inch platform mary janes.

As it should be done! No sensible shoes in that dance! :D

I can also sing just about every song in Repo! The Genetic Opera. My favorite to sing along with is probably "Let the Monster Rise" and yes, I can sing the last note with Nathan. ;)

Augh. You and my boyfriend... I couldn't get past the introduction to the film... :\

I can't swim. At all.

:eek: I hope you can float!?

Eisa
07-19-2011, 03:31 AM
I can float...ish... :lol: Me and water don't mix very well.

How come you can't get past the introduction? :eek: It only gets better from there! :p

Oh, and to illustrate the random redhead phenomenon...when using my webcam to put on orajel for my poor painful-as-hell canker sore...here. :p

teh_blumchenkinder
07-19-2011, 03:47 AM
Awww, Eisa, you so cute! :D
... I hate dystopian things. That would be why. It's hard enough playing games like Shadowrun... I honestly don't know how I do it. :shrug: WH40k... I try to think of it like medieval times-- which, even then doesn't help (when you think of it from "then" perspective), but it gives a sense of hope in some respects.
I have more pics than I thought, otherwise my own would be up in the album.

telecom_goddess
07-19-2011, 02:57 PM
I agree -- Eisa you are cute :D

Tora
07-19-2011, 06:41 PM
1. I'm actually sort of afraid of the dark, but it depends where I am and who I'm with.

2. I don't like leftover chicken. I think it tastes weird. But it's fine in like soup or something.

3. While I was totally fine with getting a tattoo when I was nineteen and would probably like to get another one, I am highly uncomfortable with the concept of doctors and needles for any reason.

4. I know it's more comfortable in the summer, but I don't like wearing shorts. Call it a self-concious thing.

5. I can recall plots, characters, actor names, directors and a billion ultra-specific things from dozens of movies, but I have trouble remembering things like what groceries to get or what important phone calls I need to make.

tacohuman
07-19-2011, 06:54 PM
1. i'm claustrophobic, but i love caving, especially small, tight caves. on a related note, i'm afraid of heights, but i love climbing.

2. i can do complex math in my head, but basic arithmetic stumps me, at least without paper to work the math out on.

3. i hate taking baths, but i also don't like standing in the shower. consequently, i usually sit while i'm taking a shower.

4. i have a ridiculously high pain tolerance. when my lung collapsed, they had to perform emergency surgery without anesthetic. when they cut me open, i hardly blinked. the only real reaction they got out of me was a small grunt when they shoved in the chest tube.

5. after finishing the last pickle in a jar, i always drink the pickle juice.

hotelslave
07-19-2011, 07:43 PM
1. I collect almost obsessively yarn and candles. I buy the yarn to crochet but have yet to ever finish a project. I buy candles with employee discount because I like smell but am never home so don't burn them often.

2. When I was in 4th grade I was reading, understanding comprehending 10th grade books. I love to read books for pleasure but if I have to read for work or school don't have the patience or capability to sit still long enough to read.

3. When I first meet some one I am shy and will listen more then talk. But once I get to know you god help you lol.

4. I only appear sweet and innocent. Like some say I am a lady in public but a freak in bed or where ever mood strikes. Lol.

5. I love to go fishing but absolutely hate and get grossed out when I have to take fish off the hook

hotelslave
07-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Glad we can put more then 5 Lol...

6) I can't cook and dont try. But I absolutely love the Food Network and shows like Next Food Network Star.

7) Some of my favorite movies are trashy 80's movies. Love Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, 16 Candles, Weird Science.

8) I love to watch hockey games. Die hard Washington Caps fan but live in the Boston area so became a Bruins fan last year.

9) It takes a lot to get me mad but once you do beware.

10) I met my last two bfs from Plentyoffish. Both relationships ended badly but I am on website again

Jester
07-19-2011, 09:21 PM
A couple more about me (I stopped numbering long ago):

I have a very high tolerance to drugs. Most decongestants don't do shit to me, so I have to get a specific brand, which tends to knock most people for a loop, but I'm fine with it. (One of my sous chefs at the brewpub years ago about passed out at work while taking these drugs, but I was working just fine on them.) This first became obvious to my parents when I broke my jaw at 16. After wiring my jaw shut, the doctors gave me codeine for the pain....and it did exactly nothing. At which point they upped my 130 pound (at the time) self to vicodin. THAT did the trick!

I have a weird obsession with collecting two dollar bills. I don't collect them in the usual "collection" way, though--I don't keep them in plastic or notebooks or anything like that. I merely keep them in a separate section of my wallet, for absolutely no reason. And I don't seek them out....I only add to my collection when someone tips me (or pays me) in two dollar bills. At the moment, I have 35 of them in my wallet, which makes for a nice bit of emergency cash if I ever need it. (The last time I used any of them was the summer of 2006, when I was coming down the Florida Turnpike and forgot to hit an ATM. This was before I had my SunPass, so I had to use quite a few of my precious two's to pay the tolls. It pissed me off.

Yes, my friends think this is one of the weirdest things about me. I agree. But then, I know another bartender in town who loves getting those gold dollar coins (the one with Sacajewa on them), whereas I can't stand the little fuckers. Go figger.

And that's another odd thing about me y'all may have noticed. I always type out "go figger" rather than spelling it correctly. :lol:

Eisa
07-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Awww, Eisa, you so cute! :D

I agree -- Eisa you are cute :D

:o Heh. Thankies.

Jester: My grandmother loves sending me $2 bills for every birthday and major holiday, it seems... :lol:

Erm...some more.

I learned how to read when I was 4 from Hooked on Phonics.

I have great needs for symmetry and even numbers.

I have a Disney Princesses coloring book. :o

Every time I read or watch something, I have a tendency to imagine myself in it.

Even though yes, I CAN speak English correctly, I say "might could." :o :lol:

Elspeth
07-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Lets see

I am a klutz and have the scars to prove it. I have a burn scar from a waffle iron camping. I once was curling my hair and laid the curling iron on my ankle. And just this weekend getting out of my husband's truck and slid right to the group.

I can be reading 7 different books at the same time. One in every room in the house. Main reason I got my nook was the books were taking over

I tend to have the tv going, playing/reading on my laptop and be reading something at the same time. If I am doing something I have to have noise either from the TV/Netflix or music.

I loved peanut butter and mayo sandwiches growing up.

Hate chick flicks. Give me summer blockbuster types, more explosions the better.

I seem to be a walking Imdb.com. Can't remember my own name but I can remember what movies people have been and when.

I prefer Disney Villains to Disney Princesses. Also would like to see the dragon in Fantasmic eat Mickey during Halloween (I would pay money to see that). My Mom is concerned about me because of that.

BroSCFischer
07-19-2011, 11:49 PM
1. I have always been a night person, often staying up well past midnight on a school night reading, yet, I never fell asleep in class. :rolleyes:

2. I must always be doing something with my hands. I usually play with a lick of hair right at the forehead.:o

3. I have a hard time enjoying movies based on books, due to the necessary abridgement required to put it on film. I find it annoying when unnecessary changes are made (like the name of The General's Daughter). I readJurassic Park before seeing the movie and spent the whole movie picking it apart. I refuse to watch The Count of Monte Cristo due to the fact it bears little resemblence to the novel. I long for and accurate reproduction of the unabridged novel.:pigfly:

4. I ENJOY reading classic books. I mention this because I have gotten weird looks for it. I once brought a copy of The Count of Monte Cristo to a night shift. I was asked by someone if it was for a class, I told her no, I was reading it on my own, she gave me a look, then I mentioned it was my 5th time reading it through, and she gave me another one. I also enjoy REreading books, I always find something I missed the 1st time through.

5. I am an "Old Soul." I like black and white movies, and Old Time Radio shows. When I have a movie to show my mom, she asks me if it's "one of those old fogey black and white movies." She's 54 and I am 30.

Not sure how weird I actually am, but this is what I can think of.

SC

telecom_goddess
07-20-2011, 02:34 AM
Ok y'all are officially weird :lol: But it's ok.

I'm also a klutz and have the scars to prove it myself....I just burned my hand on a bread machine the other day...and have a burn mark on my inner arm from a pan in the oven that was recently acquired. I've burned my legs on motorcycle tail pipes twice..and have burned myself with an iron countless times. I'm always hitting my toes on shit, broke a toe once hitting a shoe with my foot. And I believe I mentioned breaking my arm in the stupidest way possible already. Probably mentioned being a klutz already too but I thought I'd list out other injuries :D

fireheart
07-20-2011, 03:01 AM
According to my baby books I was crawling at 4 1/2 months and sitting at 7 months O.o

Food Lady
07-20-2011, 06:02 AM
BroScFischer, you're as weird as I am; I can relate to your list. telecom_goddess, unless you broke your arm because the chair you were dancing on tipped over, you're not as weird as me!

telecom_goddess
07-20-2011, 04:41 PM
BroScFischer, you're as weird as I am; I can relate to your list. telecom_goddess, unless you broke your arm because the chair you were dancing on tipped over, you're not as weird as me!

Oh no I tripped over nothing and pushed my hand on a cube wall....broke the upper bone and paralyzed my arm from the elbow down to my fingers, due to radial nerve damage. THAT is weird.

Imogene
07-21-2011, 04:06 PM
More?
6) Whenever I buy a toy, I flip the package, first thing, to see if they are wearing underwear.
7) As long as I know the words, I will sing along to anything, like it or not. "You like Backstreet Boys?" "Only BackStreet's back, and only for the make up for the video (that might explain why I've been interested in the Monster High dolls recently...), otherwise, no."
8) I intentionally misspell things when I'm being playful online.
9) Otherwise, I'm very particular about spelling things properly, and notice spelling errors/grammar errors/math errors on signs, and will point them out daily to people until they're corrected to shut me up.
10)I LOVE PINK, and, for some reason, coworkers never expect that.
11) The only scene that has ever broken me down on my first viewing was "Come what May" in Moulin Rouge, even if Ewan MacGregor's pitiful wail afterwards is more glurgy than heart wrenching.
12) My favorite movie is probably "Duck Soup", or, really, any Marx Brothers movie... which surprised my dad when I unwrapped "A Night at the Opera" that Christmas... "You like the Marx Brothers?" ... "How did you miss that month where I rented a Marx Brothers movie basically every single day from the library?"
13) I prefer to re-experience things I know I like than to try out new things that I might enjoy...
14) I don't form emotional attachments to things very often. "Huh, my best friend's family is moving away? Oh well, at least I got the chance to know her." whereas: "I don't think Boy scouts is right for me," was near impossible to say from how choked up I got.
15) I learned to say my ZYX's, just so I can mess with people. Also, in case I ever get pulled over and tested... "Say your ABC's backward!" "Sure." *ten seconds later* "There."

Food Lady
07-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Oh no I tripped over nothing and pushed my hand on a cube wall....broke the upper bone and paralyzed my arm from the elbow down to my fingers, due to radial nerve damage. THAT is weird. o_O You win. :lol:

AnaKhouri
07-22-2011, 01:01 AM
1. One time I chopped up a frozen dead woodchuck with an ax.

2. I have a crush on Sylvester Stallone (I'm 32).

3. I have (and have used) a coloring book called "Great Scenes from Shakespeare".

4. When the nurses showed me my newborn son, the first thing I said was, "His scrotum is huge!" (in my defense I was higher than a hippie at Woodstock, and it was).

5. I have pointy elf ears in the bottom drawer of the bathroom sink.

teh_blumchenkinder
07-22-2011, 04:48 AM
Fireheart, I was walking at nine months-- I had crawled out of my crib in the middle of the night! :lol: gave my poor parents yet another heart attack.
AnaKhouri, your 1st is awesome. :)
Your 4th isn't that uncommon from what I understand. Parents are usually "lolwut?" with their first son's parts. They're all out of proportion, from what I understand. :lol: but the first thing you say? :roll: that's funny!/stops poking at the then-drugg'd person

Rantsylvania 6-5000
07-22-2011, 06:47 AM
1. I don't know my blood type.

2. I love learning, but I always hated school.

3. I'm obsessed with the Helter Skelter case.

4. I have a collection of magazines from the early to mid 80s. I have clothes from 20 years ago. And I have no intention of giving this stuff up.

5. If I'm ever crazy enough to get married someday, I'm so having a hippie wedding!

Sunshine
07-22-2011, 09:35 AM
1. i have seizure disorder
2. i twang when i'm excited, and talk really quickly to boot.
3. i correct the spelling of words at work...right now its "wednsday" and i'm fixing it to "wednesday"
4. despite being born in texas and being married to a mexican man (and divorced from same) i dont know enough spanish to have a conversation.
5. i am extremely nearsighted, and have an astigmatism too.

dragon_wings
07-23-2011, 03:22 AM
6-10

6. I can remember the prices on random things. Before and after tax.

7. I have a mathematical brain (inherited from my engineer dad). I can do simple math up to multiplying double digits times double digits in my head.

8. I'm a complete tomboy but I love nail polish and earrings.

9. I'm *loud* in day to day life. Adding alcohol just magnifies it.

10. I'm such a geek. I can say lines for certain shows or movies before the character says them.

BroSCFischer
07-23-2011, 04:38 AM
6. I have consumed a total of 1 glass of wine in my entire life, all before the age of 21.

7. I do math for fun. Seriously, if I have nothing else to do, I will make up Algebra problems, and work them out.

8. I have never been on a date in my life, and don't really have a desire to start.

9. I am a loner, and rather enjoy solitude, yet I also enjoy speaking with others and a debate on any number of topics.

10. The scariest thing to me was the Episode of the Twilight Zone "Time Enought at Last" as I very closely identified with the character portrayed by Burgess Meredith.

SC

dragon_wings
07-23-2011, 04:57 AM
7. I do math for fun. Seriously, if I have nothing else to do, I will make up Algebra problems, and work them out.

Amen. Totally there with you.

HappyFun Ball
07-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Guess I'll go again.

6. When I was 19 a friend and I won a Halloween costume contest dressed as the Dominatrix Cat woman and the Pussy Whipped Batman.

7. I have a dachshund that is a certified service animal.. I take her with me when I have to be around alot of people.. Crowds cause great anxiety to me.

8. I used to suffer from Munchhausens

9. I don't believe Osama Bin Laden was killed in that raid.. I think he's been long dead, he had liver diesease.

10. I once fell asleep on the potty and slept for 12 hours.

11. I've had a crush on Alan Rickman since I saw him in Die Hard.

12. I bought some of those bunny ears and googly eyes, put them on my breast and drew a nose and mouth and took pics.

13. I don't take hints.. If you want something from me you have to flat out say so.

14. I did a book report in the 4th grade on Silence of the Lambs.

15. I can vomit on command

TowelKing
07-25-2011, 04:56 AM
I refuse to number these.

Only one person in the world knows about my OCD tendencies, and she got them out of me after 2 days of talking to her in my life.
I hate people intentionally mis-spelling words, on signs, internet or texts.
I haven't been in a relationship since I was 17.
I know a lot about things that I have never done, or done very little of.
For some reason, I know a lot about relationships, how to maintain them, what not to do, how to treat a woman, yet put me in that position and I'm useless.
I can be extremely convincing when I lie because I construct an entire backstory and alibi, within 10 seconds of thinking of the lie.
Along those lines, I am extremely apathetic, but most people (my dad included) have a very hard time believing me, because I can feign sympathy and empathy perfectly.
I have only ever been good and truly angry 3 times in my life, and when I am, 2 things happen: I scare myself and everyone else shitless, and I stay that way for weeks. I scare the people because when I get mad, I yell, I swear, I hit things, I throw things. But when I am right angry, I speak like I could be having a casual conversation with you, but with a demonic under/overtone (which one depends on the circumstances).
I can drive anything that is meant to be driven, even if I've never been in one before.
I barely passed math all through school, despite having the correct answer 95% of the time: everything is done in my head. I honestly don't know how to show my work, because I don't have the same thought processes as most people.
I can write truly captivating books...for the first 3 chapters. After that I lose interest or hate 1 small detail, and scrap the entire thing.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

teh_blumchenkinder
07-25-2011, 05:19 AM
I hate people intentionally mis-spelling words, on signs, internet or texts.

... :o
I apologize.

AnaKhouri
07-27-2011, 11:13 PM
6. I love the band America.

7. I would rather drink juice than soda (though they probably have the same amount of sugar).

8. I once sliced my thumb to the bone on the lid of a Campbell's soup can, and thus have to use a safe kiddy can opener now.

9. I have acrylic veneers on my six top middle teeth because my teeth are naturally pitted and scarred by a congenital condition and my smile would be hideous otherwise.

10. If Khan was a girl I was prepared to fight Husband to name her Tenar.

telecom_goddess
07-28-2011, 03:44 PM
6. I love the band America.

I do too did you hear about Dan Peek passing away the other day? Sad.....

NotMyProblem
07-31-2011, 07:56 PM
I've been scarred by a bed, twice, in two different countries

learned I have a knack for baking from scratch when I was 8

once I learned how to crochet, it was like I already knew how to; my first blanket Didn't look like it was my first project

didn't have tv, cell phone or home internet for over seven years

been told I'm good at mimicking a singer when I'm singing along. also told I mimic the other person when I'm relating a story......

Sunshine
08-24-2011, 06:18 AM
if i talk to someone long enough, i pick up their speech patterns and mimic them
i'm five two and a half. i always emphasize the half :lol:
i want to learn how to say "use the tongs" in klingon to scare my customers
i read almost obsessively, have to have a book with me at all times
i love music, but dont sing in public at all

poisoned_flowers
09-05-2011, 02:03 AM
1. I once walked away from a car wreck that should have killed me. I hit a tree head-on doing over 30mph, knocked the engine block back two feet into the car, bent the steering wheel with my sternum and broke the gas pedal off of its bracket.
2. I am allergic to Dreft detergent, which is hypo-allergenic.
3. I am also allergic to something in pad thai,not the peanuts, but I continue to eat it on a regular basis anyway
4. I am double jointed in my knees, and they will bend so far backwards that I've worried registered nurses
5. Due to a seziure disorder I had in my teens, I once forgot what the color red looked like. Anything that color was either gray, or if it was a red image over a red background, invisible to me.

dragon_wings
09-11-2011, 04:54 AM
I hate the sun.

Despite the fact that I hate shoes I love flip flops and will wear them whenever possible.

I'm fascinated by ancient cultures and religions.

Book buying is almost a compulsion for me. It's rare for me to leave a bookstore without at least one book (when I have the money to buy books).

I love bags and purses. When I was in high school I would routinely buy a new bag or purse every couple weeks. Nowadays I just make do with what I have but I'm always keeping an eye out for nice, inexpensive bags.

Andrew B.
09-13-2011, 12:11 AM
I collect rare and obscure video games.

I enjoy japanese series like Kamen Rider and Ryukendo.

I tend to wear an old poly-cotton blend robe that has a dragon on it.

I'm working on a game review show.

I like to eat raw broccoli and cauliflower.

ralerin
11-11-2011, 02:42 AM
Grossness ahead! Will make many of you cringe!

1. I -hate- shaving. No matter what, I will end up with a nick on my legs somewhere, not to mention the itching from both the healing wound and the growing hair. I told my boyfriend if he wants me to have smooth skin, he can shave me. The same goes with clipping my toenails.

2. I love Christmas, birthdays and other gift giving holidays where I have to give the gift. I will spend months agonizing over the perfect present, the perfect wrap, the perfect tag, and will wander over to where I've placed the wrapped gift (or gifts at Christmas) and stare at them and imagine the joy and delight the receipient will have. Having said that, I am useless with wrapping paper. Useless at cutting, useless at folding, useless at taping. All gift wrapped presents look like lumpy boxes of mush criss crossed with bits of tape.

3. I am a sensitive. I can "talk" to spirits and gods in my head, feel their presence, but I have never seen one.

4. Gross! I still pick my nose. And eat it. I don't know why.

5. TMI. I have never had an orgasm as an adult. As a child, I used my stuffed animals in...uh...creative ways. Didn't figure out until I was in my late teens that what I called "wrestling" was masturbation.

ralerin
11-11-2011, 02:54 AM
1. Also a low-level empath, psychic, something-or-other. I often get a heads-up to big changes approaching in my life by way of flashes of deja vu. The more frequently these flashes hit, and the stronger they hit, the bigger the change. Before I met my current boyfriend, the deja vu was almost constant for practically an entire month. I also received a vision of my current boyfriend a couple of years before I met him. There's an interesting story there if anyone would care to have me elaborate on it.

*chop*

3. seeing the "13 lights of heaven".

13. I've seen heaven and hell. The reality of them will suprise most people.

Please elaborate, both of you. :)

Trayol
01-07-2012, 04:03 AM
1. I'm a huge fan of High School Musical. As in I have all 3 on DVD and 2 copies of the first movie (regular and special edition)

2. I used to bite my toenails. I'm currently 50 pounds away from doing that again.

3. I despise writing. My professors and friends all like what I write but I usually only see the flaws. The only exception is with some of the alternate song lyrics I write.

4. It's been almost a decade since I've been angry. Annoyed, irritated, disgusted, stressed but never true red rage.

5. Somewhat tmi/NSFW: I'm still a virgin. I have no desire to have sex with anyone.

Divra
05-14-2012, 04:43 AM
1. I am very agile and quick for a 5' 11'', 230 lb. fat bastard, and have often been told that I shouldn't be able to move the way I do.

2. I go to see the opera "Tosca" at least once a year, and gladly skip meals to be able to afford it.

3. My right shoulder can predict the weather. It always begins to ache 24 hours before it rains.

4. I tend to become very emotional about small and inconsequential things in films. For example, I won't care about the hero and heroine getting back together at the end, but I will feel sorry for the poor guy who had his horse stolen by the hero.

5. In spite of not being British, I speak nearly perfect english with a clear London accent. I've been able to fool londoners into thinking I was from London.

Food Lady
05-14-2012, 05:25 AM
Wow--I forgot I started this thread!

Dentarthurdent
06-18-2012, 04:00 AM
1.) I am left-handed, but can use my right hand for most tasks if I want to, including writing. However, I usually don't want to, which is why I don't call myself ambidextrous.
2.) I have moved nine times since 2008, and am moving a tenth time in a couple of weeks.
3.) I talk to cars. They talk back. Not out loud or anything. My last car died horribly and I let his spirit free from the frame...I still talk to him from time to time.
4.) I loathe, and actually somewhat dread, the process of getting a tattoo, but I have two and plan on many more once I'm living in AZ and have money to spend on that kind of thing again.
5.) I can't see ghosts, but I can communicate with them. I had one in my last house until my roommate moved in. I guess she didn't like him or something, because I came home one night and he was on the lawn. Basically had to scoop him up and hide him in a safe place until he was ready to move on. I now have a sort of imprint of him still stored in the same place...when I get the right tools and setup, I'll let him out.

Argabarga
06-26-2012, 11:32 PM
1. I'm missing about 1/4 of the thumb on my left hand due to a woodcutting accident, but nobody ever seems to notice

2. I'm afraid of needles, refuse to get shots, but voluntarily donate blood

3. I have total recall when it comes to street/building layouts, once I've been to a place once. Be it a school, carnival, campus, city, amusement park, etc, I can always find my way back to it and around in it without maps or directories

4. I can recite all 50 US states in alphabetical order in under 30 seconds

5. I'm a lifelong Pennsylvania resident, I've been as far East as Berlin, Germany but no farther west than Chicago.

MoonCat
07-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Forgot all about this thread. Hmmm....

1) I don't like teddy bears.
2) I don't think Tom Cruise, Fabio, Brad Pitt or George Clooney are attractive.
3) I really don't care for chocolate chip cookies.
4) Men with long fingernails gross me out. I find that seriously creepy.
5) I have zero desire to ever visit Las Vegas. Not interested.

Food Lady
07-06-2012, 04:21 AM
I forgot too and I'm the one who started it. :lol: