PDA

View Full Version : Section 3 - Sparrowflight IC


Mytical
08-23-2011, 09:51 PM
This is the IC for the side quest of section 3 to sparrowflight..please use the original Section 3 -ooc for all out of character posts. Thank you.

Mytical
08-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Wolfe looks at the group. "Since everything has calmed down, maybe we should go see Amy? Maybe pick up any remaining items we might need? It's getting late, and getting dark..I suspect the town will be rolling up the sidewalks soon."

Kanalah
08-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Sam nods. "Yeah, that's probably a good idea."

Mytical
08-24-2011, 07:24 PM
The Dwarf stands. "Then I will be going with you, Amy is my last hope to clear my name." Turning to Wolfe, he asks. "Where is Amy?"

"At the church."

Merlin laughs a booming laugh. "Should have figured." He starts heading that way.

Kanalah
08-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Sam shrugs and looks at the others, then follows the dwarf.

Mytical
08-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Wolfe follows Sam, chuckling under his breath and shaking his head. ((Now we wait for Teh and Sarlon :D))

teh_blumchenkinder
08-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Ananda shoves the stones she'd been playing with into her bag and nearly stumbles in her haste to follow the leaving group. It sounds as if shit was about to go down, and she wasn't about to be left.

Sarlon
08-27-2011, 03:27 PM
SArlon wakes up from her daze and looks around, "to much wine.." she thinks.

and follows the others out.

Mytical
08-27-2011, 06:14 PM
You arrive to the church, where Amy indeed does recognize the Dwarf.

"Merlin?" she looks down at the burly dwarf as if confused. "Ok..I know because of our artifacts that I am taller then you, but I don't quite remember being this much taller..."

"I do not have my Axe or my Medallion lass. All of us but you have had them stolen, and our true names used to create doppelgangers of us. You are our last hope."

She steps back. "I, but..I never could best any of the lords .. except maybe Sermator. I will need your help!"

"Lass, you know I will do whatever I can..but we all have relied on our artifacts far too long. I don't think I could beat that welp." He points to the wolf by Sam's side "to be honest."

Amy nods and sighs. "Well at least we do have one advantage. Doppleganger spells require a foci, if we can find the foci for each and destroy them, our friends should return to normal." she looks at the group. "Last chance everybody..this is going to be a lot more dangerous then I thought. I can send you back if you wish. If you are going to stay..it is getting late. You should rest. Tomorrow morning, first thing, the real challenge begins."

teh_blumchenkinder
08-27-2011, 11:57 PM
"These aren't dragons, right?" Ananda says a bit dryly, trying to get across that this could be easier than dragons. Could be. After all, people were still dangerous, but they'd really have to work to be menaces like dragons, casual or otherwise. She needed to figure out what her gun turned into, if anything...
"I joined to cause problems, and running on only half the needed information is nothing new."

Mytical
08-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Amy shakes her head. "I .. don't know. Magic this powerful can only be from some great artifact..or some god. I can't help but think that Tak is behind this. Getting the Lords of Sparrowflight out of her way would be something she would want. Cause enough grief, then withdraw her doppelgangers..and the kingdoms around here would do her dirty work for her. Especially since the Lords would be all but powerless. So that might mean that dragons could be involved."

"IF we can get to Sparrowflight, I can contact Paladine directly. Get us the help we need. Even the doppelgangers can not get into Sparrowflight, it won't allow evil in itself. It's powerful enough to keep out whoever, or whatever, it wants. However, I am positive these false Lords will try to stop us. If they have the skills and abilities that my friends had..we might not be able to win this."

Sarlon
08-28-2011, 04:51 PM
SArlon places a hand on amy's shoulder and smiles.

"Amy I came here to help you figure things out, I'll follow you through to the end of this...."

Mytical
08-28-2011, 05:02 PM
She smiles and nods. "Thank you." She turns to Merlin. "You should sit and wait. If your power comes back, I will need you and the lords ready and healthy to fight. I could not stand if something happened to you little Uncle." You can tell they are not related (in any way) so it must be a term of endearment.

He grouses but nods. "As much as I hate to, I guess I will. Just be underfoot for now. Don't go getting on a high horse though. I'll still put you over my knee if you get too big for your britches!"

Amy laughs "I have no doubt little Uncle. No doubt." She turns to the rest of you. "If there is nothing else, we should sleep. Morning comes early."

Kanalah
08-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Sam nods and looks to Wolfe. "Where are our rooms again?" She whispers.

Sarlon
08-28-2011, 10:40 PM
"I've obtained a room in the inn over there..."

Sarlon points in its general direction.

"send word as soon as you are ready to leave....do they have coffe in this world?"

Mytical
08-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Wolfe looks at Amy. "I will show you your rooms." Says Amy. "As for coffee, yes..though I will warn you that it might be a bit stronger then you are use to. As for letting you know when we are ready, I will send one of the clerics here to let you know."

Kanalah
08-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Sam blushes a bit, not used to people fussing over her. She made a mental note to check before they left and make sure she'd help out the clerics to somewhat 'pay' for her room and board.

Sarlon
08-28-2011, 11:26 PM
((wonders how one can blush under her breath))

sarlon nods to the coffee comment and simply states, "well if you can't chew it then it isn't coffee...I will take my leave and see you in the morn then."

Sarlon inclines her head slightly before heading out to the inn where her room was arranging for a very early breakfast, and mentioning that cleric would be by in the morning to call for her, then heads to her room to finalize packing and make ready for an early start.

Kanalah
08-28-2011, 11:37 PM
((jeez I am so worn out)) ((Edit: Wow I am so tired I can't even think of how to fix it....geez))

teh_blumchenkinder
08-28-2011, 11:59 PM
((hides her blush behind her hands?))
A skittering feeling runs down Ananda's spine when Amy mentions Paladine, and has to wonder where her place is in this world.
She goes with Sarlon, and also prepares for the next day, trying to think of things she might have forgotten to ask about...

Mytical
08-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Ananda and Sarlon are awoken quite..rudely as information floods their mind. Arcane knowledge, flows through them, making them aware that the highest circle of spell they can cast is fifth ((as well that they can cast a total of 32 levels worth of spells per day, but it is worded a bit different)).

Sam's knowledge does not come so abruptly. It is almost as if the very wind whispers to her, filling her with knowledge. Her powers come from Ehlonna, Elven goddess of nature. As such there is no real limit how many spells she can cast, except that which Ehlonna decides not to grant. (Though there is a limit on how strong of a spell, though in some cases Ehlonna might decide to grant the spell). ((5th circle is normal max, but the goddess sometimes allows exceptions)). She can transform into a creature 1 time per day (and back). The 'components' gathered are sort of sacrifices to the goddess..to encourage her to allow the spell to be cast, but are not absolutely necessary.

The Clerics come around to wake everybody up, and it is almost immediately apparent that anything bought by the group is just extra. Outside Amy has about 10 camels fully packed with gear, food, drink, and the like. Including one camel loaded with nothing but catalyst stones of all colors, sizes and shapes.

Sarlon
08-30-2011, 08:52 PM
sarlon wakes with a shout and falls out of bed muttering some words, looking bleary eyes outside at the dark sky.

"when I get my hands on the idiot that did that wake up call...."

she makes a rather violent right hook motion as she pulls on the clothing she had laid out yawning the entire time.

Mytical
08-31-2011, 08:41 PM
((If nobody minds, posting an update..if anybody has anything to add..just yell. Including Sam leaving a generous donation in the donation plate :p)).

The group travels for most of the day, through sand .. lots and lots of sand. The ground starts getting rocky and hard, and this seems to confuse Amy. "We shouldn't have hit the blasted lands..they are weeks away.." She becomes even more confused when the group starts seeing dying trees and the land becomes almost swamp like.

Sam and Wolfe can 'feel' that something is wrong with the land..the animals with them are getting hesitant. A dark shadow falls on the group, and the wolf growls looking up into the air. Flying over head is what looks like a red lion with a human head, giant batlike wings, and a scorpions tail.

Kanalah
08-31-2011, 08:51 PM
(( Of course Sam did, how did you know Myt. ;) ))

Sam looks up after hearing the wolf growl. She had felt weird all morning, like headache and stomachache and just wrong all over. She saw the strange creature and for a brief moment wished she could turn into it, but as she watched it she began feeling a sense of 'wrongness' eminating from it.

Sarlon
08-31-2011, 08:56 PM
((ahem....KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLI T!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT !KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!KILLIT!))

Sarlon looks up at the thing flying over head wondering what it is...

"amy? what in the name of the ancients...is that thing?"

Mytical
08-31-2011, 09:01 PM
"Manticore. Usually created by foul magics, warped and twisted creatures forged by mages to guard or protect places. It is not alone."

Sure enough as soon as Amy mentions it, Sam can feel that other creatures that have been warped are following them. Wolfe lets out a low growl under his breath. "How did we miss them?!"

"Magic, powerful magic. Sermator, or his twisted counterpart is near." Amy just keeps looking forward.

Kanalah
08-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Sam tightens her grip on her staff. "What's the plan Amy?"

Sarlon
08-31-2011, 09:14 PM
((crap...can't find the spell list....can i use the 3.5 PHB?))

"we kill it obvilouly....either to put it out of its misery, or cleanse the world of that foul abomination."

Mytical
08-31-2011, 09:26 PM
((Use this list :) http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spellLists/sorcererWizardSpells.htm))

"Not yet. I would prepare your spells, and get ready..but for now we wait. Sermator will want to be present when they attack us. Which is what we need. We can destroy these all days, and he will send more..we have to stop him."

Mytical
09-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Soon you come to a small hill. Standing on the hill is a rather young looking man holding tipped with a green gem. Humanoid creatures, covered in a weird moss, are lined up behind him..one does not have to be cleric or druid to feel the wrongness of these creatures.

"Listen carefully. I need the group, besides Sam..to make sure that it is me and Sermator only. I have a special job for Sam. However, do not let these..abominations touch you..at all costs..or you will become one of them. Do not forget the Manticore, it will be watching for a chance to attack."

She calls Sam close and whispers something. ((Check PM))

Kanalah
09-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Sam gulps and nods slowly.

Sarlon
09-01-2011, 07:53 PM
((using some poetic lisence here, but will correct if it isn't right))

Sarlon pulls a crystal out of a belt pouch slung around her hips, a nifty purchase she picked up in the town, and begins mumuring a strange set of esoteric mumbo jumbo focusing her will and concentration on the crystal she pulled out.

with a final word, she watches in fasination as the crystal shatters and a writhing mass of 10 foot long tentacles spring up under the mass of creatures.

((1 standard action, 5th level spell, spell focus conjuration, I'm on messenger))

Kanalah
09-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Sam looked around as she thought. 'A small doll-thing...' She whispered under her breath. 'I need eyes...small eyes.' She concentrated and tried to summon some small animals, hoping for some squirrels and maybe small birds.

Mytical
09-05-2011, 08:33 PM
((sorry for the delay..crazy things going on))

Amy and Sermator clash, but the little undead moss things are going nowhere (they are not exactly strong). Sam's 'little eyes' are able to locate the doll, but getting to it might be an issue. It is poking out of a pouch hanging from Sermator. Just as this information is passed to Sam, the Manticore dives toward Wolfe.

Wolfe holds up a quarterstaff and calls out to the wind..out of a clear sky a bolt of lightning streaks and hits the tip of the creatures wing. This causes the creature to veer at the last moment crashing instead of landing. Straight into several of the moss creatures, just obliterating them. It won't be affected by the moss, but it will take it a little to get untangled and straightened up. Wolfe curses. "It was supposed to crash into him."

teh_blumchenkinder
09-05-2011, 10:54 PM
As the manticore had made it's first overhead pass, and the swampy parts spotted, Ananda considered what she... rather forcibly now knew. Her spells. There would be more than enough time to consider further on these things, but for now, she would hide, and try for surprise. As Amy is whispering to Sam, she touches Amy briefly, a spell she somehow knows will protect the woman from things shot at her, and slinks off to the dying trees, intent on finding shelter there, carefully considering whether robbing someone of their intellect would be best... or ... somehow... she got the feeling that breaking an enchantment might be the best thing for the situation... somehow... Her eyes are busy looking for those who could spot her.
She keeps an eye on the manticore confrontation, feeling her hands burn with fire wanting to leap. (if any spells aren't readily apparent from flavor-text, lemme know. I tried to make it obbvy)

Sarlon
09-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Sarlon pants a bit after the spell and seeing things go on around her keeps watching the fight intently.

she notices something strange poking out of the pocket of a pouch around sermator's waist, and points her finger at it a crystal clutched firmly in her hand. focusing her will again and making some more seemingly random hand movements and more mumbo jumbo then flicks her finger up into the air just as the crystal shatters, and watches in amazement as the object she had been concentrating on comes flying out of the pouch a full 15 feet into the air.

Mytical
09-06-2011, 12:07 AM
For some reason Amy shouts "NO!!!" And doubles her attack on Sermator. "SAM! SAM GRAB it now! We are out of time!!!!"

teh_blumchenkinder
09-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Startled, Ananda looks over to the scene, and wonders what Amy was planning... and if this was the type of situation where any interference would be used against them... she then rips her gaze away to search for other problems.

Mytical
09-06-2011, 12:18 AM
She does notice something, from the way the group came, another small group of moss creatures are making their way..trying to sneak up on the group.

Sermator lets out an evil laugh. "The best laid plans of mice and men." he taps his staff, and a bolt strikes Amy down..and the group notices that she is not unharmed like they are used to..maybe the ones who have the artifacts can hurt each other..she falls, and he moves to stand over her. "NOW YOU DIE!"

Wolfe charges, and throws ... a blue sticky fire toward Sermator..who is unfazed. "Really..faerie Fire? Do you think you can challenge me?"

"Oh..it is not me you have to worry about." Wolfe grins mischievously.

teh_blumchenkinder
09-06-2011, 12:22 AM
HA. She makes sure of a new hiding place, braces herself for movement, and casts the waiting fireball from her fingertips, light arcing as it slings towards them and the reddish crystal crumbles. As soon as it's free, she moves over to another tree, a near-by branch, and climbs up a bit, trying to keep her eyes on the actions.

Mytical
09-06-2011, 12:24 AM
Being somewhat made of plants, they go up pretty fast, and make a pretty fire, she notices Sermator is getting ready to blast Wolfe.

teh_blumchenkinder
09-06-2011, 12:27 AM
O_O Amy? And does Wolfe seem like he notices?

Mytical
09-06-2011, 12:28 AM
He seems like he got Sermator's attention on purpose..to save Amy..so yes.

teh_blumchenkinder
09-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Is Amy gimpy or obviously hurt? And how have Amy and Sermator been going at it, swords or magic? Physcial weapons, Ananda wants to weaken Sermator (ray of exhaustion), if magic, she wants to make him dumber (feeblemind, as the other spell is touch. poosticks)

Mytical
09-06-2011, 06:05 AM
((Amy is obviously hurt, but it was a mix of magic and weapons. She already tried feeblemind with no effect..he is either too high a level, or something else is causing spells cast at him to fail)).

Kanalah
09-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Sam 'told' one of the small birds to grab the doll as it flew into the air. She also tried to will some strong vines to grab Sermintor.

Mytical
09-07-2011, 05:39 PM
The bird grabs the object, and seems to struggle a little with it, as if a force is holding the object. However, it is able to get the Doll into Sam's hand. Things seem to slow down..the vines try to grab Sermator, but seem to wither as they touch him. He turns, but it seems almost in slow motion. Sam has the doll in her hand, maybe 10 foot from Sermator.

Wolfe has him somewhat distracted.

teh_blumchenkinder
09-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Let's see about getting Sermator more distracted, shall we? Ananda asks herself, as she focuses her sight through a whitish crystal that's thin and about the size of a coffee saucer, lightning crackling, then shooting out towards the figure-- willing with all her concentration for it to strike Sermator.
(the fire that she had cast had seemed to spread a bit, but lightning would be different...)

Kanalah
09-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Sam clenched her fist around the doll. She tried to remember Amy's words. By abomination did she mean Sermator himself, or one of his creations? Taking a deep breath, she decided to go big or go home and turned towards Sermator and growled under her breath, preparing to charge.

Mytical
09-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Sam charges, Sermator is distracted just enough (by Ananda)...and Wolfe adds the last bit of distraction. "Yes..it is not me who is dangerous." He grins.."SHE IS." just as Sam reaches Sermator.

Kanalah
09-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Sam roars (as best she can as a non-bear) and shoves the doll into Sermator's chest.

Mytical
09-07-2011, 06:14 PM
It goes in way too easily for being a dull object. He growls, clutches his chest, and staggers back. "NO...I WILL NOT FAIL!"

Amy, getting to her feet. "Quick..druids..call on the spirits of the forest. Mages, anything that will help speed it up, haste..anything!!"

teh_blumchenkinder
09-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Wha? Speed what up? arg...
Ananda scowls as she inches over to another branch, and scans the ground around her and the avenues of approach, looking for more trouble to snipe.

Mytical
09-07-2011, 06:29 PM
((Don't worry she will know very shortly *laughs*..it will be obvious))

Kanalah
09-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Sam concentrates on vines again, and big brambly bushes. (say that 3 times fast)

Mytical
09-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Small shoots of leaves start sprouting from Sermator's body, he is pulling at them. "Cast haste on the plants..now..before he finds a way to counter it"

teh_blumchenkinder
09-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Ananda blinks. That she knows how to do-- straining, due to the distance (she's a tad confused as to why, however, but it works), and the tiny greeny-blue crystal she had plucked from her pockets puffs into dust as the plants writhe and grow faster.
She wonders, in the back of her mind... why plants??

Mytical
09-09-2011, 07:05 PM
((To make a long story short :p))

The plants eventually tear him apart from the inside out..forming an..acorn tree. Amy sighs in relief. "All doppleganger dolls require a living seed to represent new life." Lets go a little farther and rest up. We will need it.

Mytical
09-11-2011, 08:16 PM
The group moves on the next morning, coming to a very odd area. Only about 12 trees, semi tightly packed. Two figures, one male and one female are standing outside the trees watching the group.

Amy curses. "Two of them. Anybody got any brilliant ideas? Broven is a druid, so we can expect the trees to attack. Watch for small animals, he'll make them much bigger and much more dangerous. Lass..she is another matter entirely. Normally she is a paladin, but as the doppelganger is evil..we might be dealing with a Death Knight..not sure what she might be capable of."

Sarlon
09-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Sarlon grins,a light flame appearing around her hand.

"trees burn in any world...."

Mytical
09-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Wolfe growls and nods. "This land..it is an abomination! Burn it, then burn the ashes. The land cries out in pain from whatever this Broven did to it."

Sarlon
09-11-2011, 08:35 PM
sarlon's grin grows broader grabbing 2 handfuls of crystals from her pockets. then begins chanting tossing each crystal into the air, each hovering around her each flashing in conjuntion with her words, sarlon's hands outstretched to either side of her.

with a final word, she swiftly raises her hands above her head with a loud clap, each crystal around her shattering, then shoves her hands out infront of her as if pushing away a great force, unseen to anyone.

there followed a terrific explosion of fire from the middle of the copse of wood, reaching high into the air and expanding outwards...sarlon pausing to catch her breath.

"now THATS a fire..." she says with a broad grin.

teh_blumchenkinder
09-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Ananda, a bit breathless (mostly surprise), says "Death knight... hurts people like healer don't?", recalling her lessons from the days before. "Kill her with fire too?" There's only a slight tone of levity in her voice.

Mytical
09-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Amy shakes her head. "Depends on if she has her sword or not. If so .. she can dispel any spell." she looks at the fire elemental summoned by Sarlon. "We do have one advantage here..Lastrius' artifacts won't work at full strength. They are good aligned."

Broven looks at the huge fire elemental that Sarlon summoned. "You are not the only one attuned to the elements." He invokes a prayer to one of the dark gods of the forest..and the ground starts shaking..it cracks open and a stone fist first emerges from the crevice. Small rocks falling from the surface of it, something resembling a moving humanoid mountain thrusts its way from the land. The two behemoths clash, dirt and fire going everywhere.

The female growls. "You like fire...here..have some fire" one of her eyes glows, and the area in front of the group is rocked by a huge rolling ball of fire. It seems to flow around some sort of invisible dome, and you see Amy holding out a holy symbol. The other female curses and growls. "Cursed priest."

Sarlon
09-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Sarlon watches the enormous earthen thing attack the fire creature she had summoned, then smirks and her eyes go out of focus for a moment, her eyes darting back and forth as if she was rapidly reading a book infront of her that only she could see.

her grin broadens as they stop suddenly, and then with the butt of her staff draws a perfect circle around herself, which glows briefly for a half second, then more crystals come out as sarlon mummers strange words again tossing each crystal into the air around her, none going outside of the circle she drew around herself. with a word and a shout she nudges the circle around her maring the line, and another loud explosion from within the forest engulfs much around it...even more so then the spell to summon the elemental.

Mytical
09-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Wolfe moves forward. "A fire needs three things to flourish. A source of ignition, which our companion has supplied, fuel which your elemental can supply.." the wind starts picking up .. blowing from behind Wolfe toward the battling elementals "and oxygen."

The fire elemental seems to grow slightly, while the earth elemental seems to be suffering.

teh_blumchenkinder
09-21-2011, 02:29 AM
Ananda nods, and adds, "So fire is good for this guy... maybe for the death knight... is there anyone else who might show up and surprise us, or do we not need a lookout or contingency plan for that?"

Mytical
09-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Amy shakes her head. "Too open of a space, if they had any allies in the trees, there isn't much left but a smoking crater there. I think these two are our only foes..but trust me .. that is enough. Let me try to handle Lass, maybe her being undead will give me a chance. Focus on Broven..all of you together might take him down."

She says a quick prayer, and then charges Lastrius before Lass can get too prepared.