PDA

View Full Version : Alliance IC


Mytical
10-19-2011, 08:33 PM
There is a distinct jarring as your transport sets down. Despite a lot of technological advances, apparently easier landings are beyond the Alliances technology. Dozens of other cadets are lined up against the walls of the transport, like you, they are encased in some sort of webbing that is supposed to make things a little less bumpy.

A booming voice shouts "OK Recruits, welcome to GR Prime, now...get your behinds moving. MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT!!" The meshing automatically retracts and the other recruits start hurrying to the exit. Your personal items, like clothing, are on the other transport, so there is nothing but to leave the ship and line up.

The booming voice belongs to your academy instructor Lt. Mathew Strongarm. For the past 10 weeks he has made your life miserable. Most of the cadets hate him with the passion of a thousand suns. He did teach them how to survive in cold merciless space however.

"ATTENTION! Admiral on deck!" He yells, and the other candidates snap to attention. A older man, somewhat resembling Mathew approaches, he has an aura of authority, a patch on his left eye, and his right arm is pure metal. Must be a mechanical arm. One immediate thing you notice, besides this, is that he is not wearing any type of uniform. You, your squad, and even the Lt are decked out in military fatigues.

He looks over the group, and it's as if he is looking into your very being. Assessing you, seeing what you are made of. "Ladies, gentlemen, and others." he half smiles..as Uranians are known to be neither female or male. "You are no longer cadets. You are now full fledged members of the Galaxy Rangers. You will all be assigned tomorrow to a unit, with a leader and many more members. However, know that my door is always open. My name is John Armstrong, I am the head of the Galaxy Rangers. Officially we answer to the Council, which comprises of one person or being from each race. Unofficially, I am the end of the line. The top of the food chain as it were. So if you need anything, and your commanders can not help you, come to me. I will need the following people to come with me now."

He pulls out a device and looks at it as a holographic display lights up. "Granya Aisling Yseult Blayne Connor, Tolana Keiban Polra Masi, and Leiax N' Sho"

Sho appears to be a Uranian, human in form but made of what looks like pure ice.

Sarlon
10-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Masi inward cringes at the muddled speaking of her full name, but smiles inwardly. her exterior that of a slender tall youth her blonde hair cut in female standard military with a slight natural wave to it, her piercing green eyes seem to miss little.

she walks over to where indicated and stands at parade rest her eyes distantly focused on nothing, while the cogs in her mind seemingly moving faster then thought per normal for herself, while another part of her mind awaits orders or instructions.

dragon_wings
10-20-2011, 02:03 AM
Unsure of why of all names hers was called, Nya moves to where indicated. All the while trying not to blend into her surrounds. That would just be embarrassing at this point.

Mytical
10-20-2011, 04:17 AM
After everybody else has been dismissed, John takes you into his office. It is rather..unassuming for somebody with as much authority as he is rumored to have. "You three. During training, you three showed a lot of promise. I want you to work on a special squad. Only a handful of Galaxy Rangers are even going to be offered the chance to work this squad, and even fewer will have the guts to take the offer. Among the normal duties you will have, you will also be undercover. Your task will be to root out corruption in the Galaxy Rangers. You will report only to me, except when your cover dictates otherwise, and you will have special authorization that normal GR do not have. It will be dangerous, but I believe you are capable of doing this. Should you desire not to, of course this conversation is deemed classified."

dragon_wings
10-20-2011, 04:40 AM
Nya's first thought is about how much of an honor this is. Which just makes her all the more nervous.
Noticing her nerves Nya mentally scolds herself. Admiral Armstrong thought she showed promise.
Vowing to prove him right she steps forward and says "I'd be honored, Sir. When can we expect our first assignment?"

Sarlon
10-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Masi's exterior shows her normal rocky face while in her own mind she jumps up and done going "HA!! suck on that brothers!"

"It would be a great honor sir, I am honored you choose me as well. Will we be working together? or mostly independent?"

she casts a sideways glace at her 2 other compatriots, recognizing their races due to meeting some of her brothers' own friends coming home on leave.

Mytical
10-20-2011, 01:37 PM
The uranian just nods its acceptance, they are not known for being too talkative.

"For the most part you will be working together, though your assignments might have you in separate areas. When not on assignment you will indeed have your own base and be working together. I want to introduce you to your squad leader." he presses a button, and a moment later somebody walks in.

You are not sure if this person is male or female. Whichever they are, they are absolutely breathtaking. Beautiful beyond words, which is odd seeing as every race has a unique idea of what is beautiful. Further, you are not even sure what race this person is, though they look human. No human has ever been that perfect however.

"I am Tria Nathur, most people call me Tri. I hope that we can learn much from each other. If you have no further questions, follow me."

Sarlon
10-20-2011, 02:59 PM
masi just nods, not having any questions and moves to go with the woman.

dragon_wings
10-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Nya nods and follows her new squad leader.

Mytical
10-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Tri leads you to a transporter, and through it, so wherever you are going it is close enough for a transporter to work. On the other side your rooms, and such are waiting. "You can get out of the uniforms, your personal gear has been stowed." she points out each of your rooms. "We will start our first mission as soon as you have changed."

((After everybody has changed))
"Recently a group of pirates have successfully attacked several ships. These pirate seem to know which transports are worth the time, if any undercover agents are aboard, and how well defended the transports are. We think the only way they can know this is if they have inside information. Your job, is to get in with the pirates, if you can, find the headquarters, and take them ALL down." Tri emphasizes the world all. "Only myself and John even know you are here, everybody else will believe you three have been shipped off to a distant outpost for guard duty."

A holographic display of the solar system appears, and Tri points out two places. "A bar and a small space station. Two places they are believed to frequent. How you get yourself in, I do not want to know. You can begin when you feel you are ready."

Sarlon
10-21-2011, 01:13 AM
masi nods listening intently and then turns to her two other compatriots.

"I think more formal introducions are in order...."

she extends her hands (both of them) palm up, and speaks evenly with a definate hint of pride in her voice.

"I am called Tolana Keiban Polra Masi, daughter of the assistant to the martian diplomat to the earth colonies, daughter of Ansani, finest crafter of hand held weapons for 9 generations, sister of Toli personal body guard to the martian minister."

a smirk definately crosses her lips, "but most people call me Masi, my normal name being to long to say in a hurry."

her speech mannerisms are strange, shes speaking slowly and carefully as if making herself choos her words carefully, then politely waits for the others introductions.

Mytical
10-21-2011, 01:21 AM
The strange crystalline person doesn't exactly speak. Subtle shifts in it's body create lights which your translator translates as "Leiax N' Sho, instructor of martial arts defense. Most people call me Sho or Sensai."

Sarlon
10-21-2011, 01:22 AM
masi smiles and inclines her head trying not to gaze to long at her fellow not wanting to cause offense, then looks to the other inclining her head just slightly.

dragon_wings
10-21-2011, 02:01 AM
Nya inclines her head at her companions and replies:
'I am Granya Aisling Yseult Blayne Connor but you may call me Nya. All that I will say of my race and of my past is that I don't agree with their ruthlessness and eagerness to kill.'

Mytical
10-21-2011, 02:44 AM
Sho's body lights up, and your translator translates "My people are too passive. If we had not sat on the sidelines so long..." then Sho goes quiet again. "Never mind, it is not important."

Several hundred years ago there was a war among alliance members. The Venetians had almost single handedly destroyed the alliance. At first the Uranians had been neutral, being pacifist. Millions, maybe even billions died. When finally the Uranians had enough, they entered the war, and it ended less then a week later. Since they were as good at defense as Venetians were at offense, combined with the rest of the Alliance the Venetians were defeated. It is still rare for Uranians to leave the planet, those that do normally still are very peaceful, but are considered aggressive by others Uranians.

dragon_wings
10-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Nya solemnly nods her head. She had studied and read about the near annihilation of the Alliance.

Sarlon
10-21-2011, 02:58 AM
"I agree, there is a time and a place for everything..."

she glances at both of them.

"so...how do you two suggest we start our mission?"

Mytical
10-21-2011, 03:22 AM
Sho thinks carefully. "I believe that we should go to one of the two areas, we will probably have to prove ourselves, by committing crimes, but if it is for the greater good it will be worth it."

dragon_wings
10-21-2011, 03:25 AM
Nya grimaces. 'It should be interesting. Should we split up? Cause if we do we should all arrive separately.'

Sarlon
10-21-2011, 03:25 AM
"I could try and get in with my mechanical skills, most pirates move about in little better then hunks of junk...I'm...rather adept with my hands and anything electrical just...talks to me."

takes a close look at the map.

"I'd suggest the bar, easy way to get in..."

Mytical
10-21-2011, 03:28 AM
Sho seems to grimace "I am not sure I will be of use here, except as an emergency back up. Not many will believe a Uranian has become a criminal. However, I can take a cloaked ship and wait nearby for any emergency calls.

Sarlon
10-21-2011, 03:29 AM
"that would be useful...nya?"

masi turns to the woman.

"whats your view?"

dragon_wings
10-21-2011, 03:30 AM
'How should I present myself to them? I'm most usual as a spy but they don't know me and wouldn't trust me.' Nya muses.

Sarlon
10-21-2011, 03:31 AM
"mm....hired gun?"

Mytical
10-21-2011, 03:32 AM
Sho points to Tri. "Also our squad leader?"

Tri nods "I think it is a good idea. I..have to keep my presence quiet, but I know how a person who might be able to get you two an .. audition to the pirates. Once you have done enough to get some attention."

dragon_wings
10-21-2011, 03:34 AM
Nya says, 'I suppose I'll have to. I guess I could play up my race's bloodthirstiness. Though I would rather not have to actually kill anyone. Of course they don't have to know that.'

Sarlon
10-21-2011, 03:36 AM
"I prefer not to kill....hurt? yes. knock out? yes. kill? I don't know....I work with machines....I could cause hundreds of deaths with a few minor tweaks....not that I would of course."

Mytical
10-21-2011, 03:36 AM
"Maybe not Nya. With your natural camouflage, I might have just the thing. I think you need to go see Pipsqueak." Tri laughs. "You might want to call him Adam, however, and not tell him I called him Pipsqueak."

She turns. "As for you, if you can demonstrate your skills as a mechanic, then you might not need to do much."

dragon_wings
10-21-2011, 03:37 AM
Agreed. Pain has its advantages. But I only use that when I must.

dragon_wings
10-21-2011, 03:38 AM
'Where can I find... Adam?' Nya chuckles.

Mytical
10-21-2011, 03:45 AM
She thinks. "Might be in the office with John, two are like brothers. The teleporter we came through will take you right back, or if you two are willing to wait to begin in the morning, I can have him come here."

dragon_wings
10-21-2011, 03:47 AM
Considering this might be the last decent rest we have for a while I wouldn't mind.

Sarlon
10-21-2011, 04:20 AM
"sleep and food...we must keep up our energies to keep alert"

Mytical
10-21-2011, 10:45 PM
The next morning, bright and early, a young earthling is waiting for the two of you. "Somebody mentioned that I can be of help. Names Adam, Adam Wright. Which of you has the camouflage ability?"

dragon_wings
10-21-2011, 10:56 PM
That would be me, sir.

Sarlon
10-21-2011, 10:57 PM
masi stiffles a yawn running fingers through her hair noticing the human in their midst.

"good day sir"

Mytical
10-22-2011, 07:46 AM
He laughs "Though my friend over there might disagree, looks can be deceiving, though I am male. I guess since our resident part Utopian is running around, guess I can show you what I mean." The human form is replaced by a short blue hairy form, wearing sunglasses. "My people, which by the way do not officially or unofficially exist, much like the Utopians, are masters of shape shifting. Which is why I am here. While I can't make you quite as proficient as I am, I can help you with altering your form, if your body is already capable of changing itself."

He brings out something that looks like a laser pointer. "Take this. It is not perfect, only holds one form, so if you change forms it erases the old one, and it takes an hour to recharge so it can hold another form. Just aim it at whoever you want to look like, it will do the rest. I wish I could give you the rest of my peoples ability, getting memories and such..but the tech isn't perfected yet."

dragon_wings
10-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Nya takes the object and studies it.

Mytical
10-22-2011, 01:21 PM
It seems to be an ordinary laser pointer. Same size, shape, and even has a button to push that does emit a small green 'dot'. A very unusual device.

dragon_wings
10-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Thank you sir.

Mytical
10-22-2011, 03:31 PM
"Now, as a Galaxy Ranger, here is what I would suggest. You two find somebody already in the pirates, kidnap them, and replace them. That person can introduce the new mechanic...but that is just me." shrugs Adam, who has transformed into himself.

Sarlon
10-22-2011, 03:47 PM
"sounds like a plan to me..."

Mytical
10-22-2011, 04:06 PM
The two of you arrive at the bar. It is hard to tell who is a pirate, and who is not, but with your superior skills of investigation you are able to locate at least three (note there is no proof yet, but you are pretty confident the three are pirates).

Only one is female, and the two others seem to defer to her. The other two are actually twins, both are rather large and are probably more 'muscle' then anything.

Sarlon
10-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Masi easliy slips away from her traveling companions to let them do their work and finds a table with an easy view to the rest of the room, all while keeping her back to a wall, laying her small pack at her feet but between her legs to keep it safe.

she then pulls out another small box and proceeds to lay out everything carefully, examining each item minutely before laying it out on a spread of cloth laid on the table and begins tinkering.

Mytical
10-25-2011, 04:53 PM
After awhile Sho looks at the two of you. "So are we just sitting here or are we going to do what we came to do?" Sho then shakes its head (remember neither female or male) "Never mind, they are leaving. I have a plan."

"Point your little device toward the female as we follow them. When they are in a quiet place, change into her, then yell to get the twins attention, you two keep the twins attention for as long as possible and I will take care of the rest."

dragon_wings
10-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Nya nods then quietly tails the trio pointing the device at the female as soon as she has a chance.

Soon the trio are on their own and she makes her move, changing into the female. For a few seconds, as she changing and right after the change, she marvels at the technology and surreality of what's happening.

'Yo asteroid breath!' she shouts reveling in the childish nature of the insult.

Mytical
10-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Sho moves quickly, jumping out and with one hit disabling the female of the group. While you two keep the twins busy, Sho moves the woman out of sight. It takes a little, but the two of you are able to confuse the twins long enough. She comes back in and throws something into the faces of the twins..they fall and don't move. "Don't worry, they are just out cold. When they wake up you two are on your own. Just make like you are their sister."

dragon_wings
10-26-2011, 06:24 PM
'Nice moves Sho. That could have gone so much worse,' states Nya.
'Maybe we should check and see if there's a chance they have some ID on them. Though there's no telling if any ID they carry has their real names.'

Mytical
10-26-2011, 07:03 PM
A quick check does indeed come up with names, if they are fake or not is a good question. Somehow the names seem so made up that they are probably legit. The woman's name is Trixs. The two guys names are Brick and Brock.

It is not long before the two of them wake up. "Wha happen?"

dragon_wings
10-26-2011, 07:09 PM
'Jeez. Can you two piles of muscles just not do anything right? We were talking and you just slammed into each other knocking yourselves out. Why, pray tell, do I put up with you again?' said Nya angrily in Trixs' form.

Mytical
10-28-2011, 08:31 PM
"Ah geeze Trixs, wes family. Ain't got time to spare, wes gots to get to the hanger. Theys expectin us."

dragon_wings
10-28-2011, 08:46 PM
'I know, but sometimes you frustrate me so.' says Nya in a soft friendly voice.
'Now getcha asses moving dumbshits!' she bellows. 'Go on, I'm behind y'all's.'

Mytical
10-28-2011, 08:49 PM
One of them laughs "Sis done musta had too much ta drink Brock. Shes done went all touchy feely on us."

"Next thing she be all huggin on us Brick." the other laughs as they start heading to the hanger.

((remember your partner is still back in the bar))

dragon_wings
10-28-2011, 08:53 PM
'Enough. Don't we have a job to do?' Nya says sternly.

((got an idea))

Mytical
10-28-2011, 08:55 PM
They both nod. "Yes boss." Something tells you that is NOT sarcastic, they suddenly look all business. Apparently if she says hop to, they hop to. You make it to a warehouse, where a spaceship and a few other people are waiting.

"Finally! Lets get this show on the road!" says one of the people waiting there.

Brock steps up to him, towering over him. "SHE'S the boss. When SHE says go, we goes."

The guy sort of pales and nods. "Sure, sure, she's the boss. Whatever you say!"

dragon_wings
10-28-2011, 09:07 PM
'Hold up!' says Nya suspiciously 'How do I even know this ship is travel worthy? Or that one of you didn't sabotage it?'

Mytical
10-28-2011, 09:13 PM
"Wes don't have anybody who can look it over Trix, wes was gonna find somebody out in headquarters." says Brock. "Nonna us know a turbine from a hyperdrive!"

dragon_wings
10-28-2011, 09:17 PM
'I may know someone that could help us. She ain't well known but I met her a year back or so and she seems smart enough.' says Nya

Mytical
10-28-2011, 09:20 PM
"Yous the boss Trix." notes Brick.

"Yeah, but what is the boss at base going to think. You know how he feels about strangers.."

"Let Trix be worrying about that." suggest Brock.

The others shrug. "It's her neck."

dragon_wings
10-28-2011, 09:31 PM
'Now do you wanna go contact her or should I?' Nya asks the twins. 'She likes to hang around the bar between jobs.'

Mytical
10-28-2011, 09:33 PM
They both hang their heads "Wes not very good at talkin sis, yous know this. Sides, yous the boss. Ifn anybody wants a job they should have to go through yous."

dragon_wings
10-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Nya sighs loudly like she's really inconvenienced. 'Wait here. I'll be back shortly.' Nya then heads back the way she came.

Mytical
10-28-2011, 09:41 PM
She gets back to the bar.

dragon_wings
10-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Nya approaches Masi.
'Excuse me, but you wouldn't happen to be looking for a job would ya?' she asks.

Sarlon
10-29-2011, 01:49 AM
((sorry guys had manditory over time tonight))

"depends...whos asking human?"

Masi raises an eye brow looking at her.

dragon_wings
11-02-2011, 05:05 PM
'My name is Trixs, and I'm looking for a mechanic. Would you like to go somewhere more private to talk?' says Nya.

Sarlon
11-03-2011, 12:17 AM
~pushes the chair out across from her with her foot from under the table~

"heres private enough..."

dragon_wings
11-03-2011, 06:05 AM
'Fair enough' says Nya.
She sits in the proffered chair and leans in.
'Masi it's me, Nya,' she whispers, 'I have us an in. You ready?'

Sarlon
11-03-2011, 11:12 AM
"you make an interesting offer human..."

though the tone is harsh nya can see the sparkle of recognition in her eyes, with just the barest nod of her head as she carefully wraps up what she had been tinkering with placing it in her pack and stands.

Mytical
11-03-2011, 11:45 AM
By the time you two get back to the ship, the twins ((I did mention they were Andromedian right?)) have 'explained' to the others that at least until you reach the pirate headquarters you are in charge. The group does not give you any trouble about the new member.

About half way through the trip, the twins find the two of you .. and making sure you and they are alone.."Wes just got a couple questions." suddenly they straighten up "Where is the real Trix?"

"You are good, we were almost fooled..until you didn't floor the guy who questioned you." Brock admits. He holds up a hand "Don't panic, we are not going to do anything..as long as Trix stays safe. Oh and no mention of the fact we are not drooling idiots to Trix."

Sarlon
11-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Masi looks at nya~

"I am who I say I am...I am Masi...I am a mechanic"

looks at the two of them.

"I have no intention of sabatoging this ship...you have my word as a martian"

dragon_wings
11-03-2011, 04:53 PM
'I'm Nya. Trix is indeed safe.' says Nya. 'Now I'm wondering who y'all are.'

Mytical
11-03-2011, 06:00 PM
They sort of blush. "Well we really are Trix's adopted brothers, but most people believe because of our size that Andromedians are .. not so bright. We had no desire to prove them otherwise. We've made it our job to look after Trix, and tried to talk her out of joining the pirates, but..couldn't. We were hoping there would come a way for us to get her out without getting her killed."

The other looks at you with a sincerity.."If there is ANY way you two can get her out of the mess she has gotten herself in, we would be very grateful. We have to warn you though, the guy were going to see..he is bad news. Just the third in charge of the whole shebang, but not a nice guy. We won't intimidate him like we were able to the others."

The first finishes. "He won't believe you are Trix if you are not mean. Somebody, besides him, gets in your face..knock them down. They question you, pull your weapon...and don't flinch if other weapons are drawn. Don't hesitate to send us after somebody if they bother you. You got to be hard. Even Trix won't stand up to the main guy though..she is brave not stupid." he shows you a holovid of the main person. "Everybody just calls him Patch, and he likes it that way."

Sarlon
11-04-2011, 12:19 AM
"what about myself? can you sell me to your boss?"

Masi has listened intently storing away this converstation for later perusal.

dragon_wings
11-04-2011, 12:40 AM
'I'll keep my part. It's in my nature as much I dislike that part of my species history.' says Nya with more then a little distaste. 'But I agree with Masi. We will need some help getting her an in.'

Mytical
11-04-2011, 08:15 AM
"If he believes that you are Trix, it won't be a problem. Trix kinda does what Trix wants. Just tell him that it's your ship, and your call who is in the crew. When we get there, somebody might try to search you for a weapon. Draw it, aim it at their head..and say exactly this. If you want my weapon, I will be glad to give it to you. Trix loved to do that. That will leave little doubt you are Trix."

Sarlon
11-04-2011, 01:53 PM
"how long till we get there?"

Mytical
11-06-2011, 12:15 AM
It is only a few minutes more before the group arrives, and you would never know the twins are a lot smarter then they let on. They are back to the bumbling, simple twins that you met in the bar. They are probably a lot more then they are letting on..but unless they are willing to divulge that the two of you might never know.

They were wrong about the weapons search, however, the group is barely given another look. The whole place seems to be a beehive of activity. The 'boss' is already giving orders by the time the two find him. "Remember NO survivors. This is going to be one of our biggest hauls ever."

Everybody looks both terrified and exhilarated. Whatever is going on it must be big.

Sarlon
11-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Masi nudges Nya subtly, and whispers almost in a hiss.

"Find out whats going on"

dragon_wings
11-06-2011, 12:27 AM
'I'm not doing shit until I know more details!' Nya all but bellows.

Sarlon
11-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Masi takes a step back wincing, but keeps a sharp eye out for anyone that looks...familiar? suspicious?

Mytical
11-06-2011, 12:42 PM
"About time you two arrived. We just received word, an Alliance cargo ship carrying trifinium heading toward Mercury. Its guarded by a couple of Alliance goons and ships, but with an all out attack we can easily overwhelm them. Now get your crew, get them ready, and await orders."

If you had not seen first hand the amount of firepower here, the thought would be a joke. Normally it would be suicide to attack a heavily armed cargo ship guarded by Galaxy Rangers, but .. looking around you think not only could this group pull it off..the Rangers would never see it coming. Hundreds, maybe thousands will die.

Sarlon
11-06-2011, 12:44 PM
nudges nya again.