PDA

View Full Version : my halloween costume is completed!

BlaqueKatt
10-26-2011, 12:23 AM
the top and bottom were made by two seperate etsy users, if anyone wants to know who send me a pm. Now I just have to wire a bunch of fake snakes to a wig!

MEDUSA LIVES!

look out Perseus!

and for some odd reason both my cat Athena and I have EYE LAZORS!

MaggieTheCat
10-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Is that scale mail on top? Both pieces look very nice, can't wait to see the whole thing put together!

BlaqueKatt
10-26-2011, 01:25 AM
Is that scale mail on top?

yup, couldn't find any plate armor, and the tail was done off of this picture (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4008/4454776462_6495cbdd5f_o.jpg)-yes the seamstress that made the tail worked off a picture and my measurements, she is good(she's also my mother-in-law), she had also done a kung-fu panda using a pair of footie pajamas as a base! She's also made a complete jack sparrow costume in under two hours once!

crazyclerk12
10-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Funny you mention Athena. That's my costume! :angel:

BlaqueKatt
10-27-2011, 01:41 AM
and for all the work that went into it, this picture is the only time I get to wear it-yay:cry:

MaggieTheCat
10-27-2011, 02:08 AM
Is it too cold to wear it on Halloween in Wisconsin? :(

AccountingDrone
10-27-2011, 03:26 AM
and for all the work that went into it, this picture is the only time I get to wear it-yay:cry:

Nooooo...why? :eek:

[if i had to make a guess, spontaneous shift at work you can not get out of ... ]

Geek King
10-27-2011, 05:48 PM
and for some odd reason both my cat Athena and I have EYE LAZORS!

Look out! Your cat has been replaced by Tom Clancy's cat! :eek:

Too bad you don't get to show off the costume. Maybe save it for a convention, or next halloween?

BlaqueKatt
10-28-2011, 02:01 AM
Nooooo...why? :eek:

[if i had to make a guess, spontaneous shift at work you can not get out of ... ]

nope, husband doesn't want to dress up and go anywhere, no matter how important it is to me(his stuff is sacred, mine is always dismissed and ignored, as am I most of the time), and it's not safe physically to go out downtown alone(which is where I live and the only place I can go as I can't drive), and I kind of "need" a handler when in public, due to anxiety problems, and even moreso since my nervous breakdown last friday.

So I wasted $300, same thing happened last year, I start planning my costumes in February, and buy pieces every month to spread out the cost, but he "didn't know how much it means to me":rolleyes:

AccountingDrone
10-28-2011, 03:03 AM
That sucks. You need to find a buddy locally for in the future. If I were close, I would loan you my hubby, he likes costumes and halloween. I would go but the weather has every part of me aching and I would not be too fun to go anywhere with. We just canceled plans to go out for my birthday today and I had homemade chicken noodle soup in bed to celebrate. :rolleyes:

Amanita
01-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Blaquekatt, that is a great costume! I love the scale mail top, I'm planning a tunic made of the stuff for my next cosplay. It takes forever, but is so cool it's worth it!