PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of starting a supernatural-themed RPG

Pages : [1] 2

KabeRinnaul
11-02-2011, 04:06 AM
I've been thinking of running a game on here for a while, and if I get enough interest, I think it's going to be a modern supernatural game. The best decription I've got so far is if the World of Darkness Hunters (http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter:_The_Reckoning) were part of an organization like The SCP Foundation (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/). And yes I'd be taking quite a bit of inspiration from both. Characters would be "awakened" in that they'd see through the glamour of various supernatural races - as in, most of the time, they'll be able to spot a vampire/werewolf/fey/etc on sight. Many will also develop further talents, but nothing to put them on the "superhero" level - a good example of an appropriate power level would be something like the "Jedi hand wave", or being able to go unnoticed (like a personal Somebody Else's Problem field), or enhanced strength/toughness (though I think Captain America-level would be the absolute limit here). Emphasis for character skills would probably be on combat and/or research, and I'd suggest that anyone who has powers beyond seeing through glamour have a lower overall skill level.

Anyway. Anyone interested?

Mytical
11-02-2011, 09:03 AM
You know I am :D

Sarlon
11-02-2011, 02:29 PM
I'd be up for that since i got voted out of my hunter game here in town :(

Kheldarson
11-02-2011, 02:48 PM
I think I'm required to be interested :P

But you know I've been wanting to do a paranormal RP for a while.

Dreamstalker
11-02-2011, 03:33 PM
I haven't played RPGs in quite a few years (my last game was some weird hybrid of Ghostbusters International, CoC and whatever interesting sourcebooks the GM had found that week), but I'm in :)

dragon_wings
11-02-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm intrigued.

KabeRinnaul
11-03-2011, 03:40 AM
Alright, I've got a run of five days off in a row (it's been closing shifts, thus the lack of replies from me), so I'm going to write up some info for the game and either post it in a thread or link it. In the meantime, let's get some character info on here. Just basics:

Name and Code Name (if wanted - Mr Johnson can be Agent Johnson if he wants - but any code name will be less "007" and more Reservoir Dogs or American Gods - Agent White, Agent Blue, Agent Green, Agent Wood, Agent Town, etc).
Place of origin (anywhere from just the country to a specific city).
Background (doctor, police, teacher, military, etc) and any specific skills that stand out.
Powers beyond seeing the unseen, if wanted. All characters will be able to see the supernatural - that ability is what led FEND (the Foundation for Extra-Normal Defense) to recruit them to begin with.
What role the character is expected to play in FEND - research, field agents, or something a bit more specific.

For examples, here are a couple of NPCs I'll probably use (both pulled from a story Kheldarson and I are writing, which the Foundation also comes from - though there the Foundation are major antagonists).

Name: Cassandra <Last name classified> (Agent Cassandra, or just San to friends)
Place of Origin: London, England
Background: A number of odd jobs over many years. In addition to having general knowledge on a number of topics, Cassandra is highly skilled with a sword and many firearms, but favors a pistol. She also serves as a counselor for the Foundation, helping ensure that the job's stresses do not overwhelm newer agents.
Abilities: Cassandra does not age, and has never physically progressed beyond roughly 30 years of age. However, she has been serving with the foundation for ███ years, but prefers remaining a field agent over taking any higher position.
Role: Field Agent, Medical, Counseling.

Name: Mr. Black (Black has consistently refused an Agent designation or code name. His full name is classified.)
Place of Origin: Italy, or so he claims.
Background: Information broker, <classified>, and all-around jerk.
Abilities: Black is able to mimic others, copying both superhuman abilities and physical skills. His is considered one of the more powerful abilities seen in the foundation, and would be considered an EN-2 were he not working for us.
Role: Field Agent, Command.

Mytical
11-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Name: Fred Masters..Agent Silver
Place of Origin: Iowa
Background: Private investigator.
Abilities: Perfect memory, Heightened Observational Skills, and he has psychic visions * (see below)
Role: Investigator (field agent).
Skills : Basic Hand to Hand Combat, Firearm training (mostly small firearms), Knowledge of Most state and federal laws, Photography and film knowledge, Forensic Photography, Interview Techniques, Stealth and surveillance, Forensics and research/electronic surveillance.

When he first started having the visions he would pass out for hours, now even the most powerful of the visions would just bring him to his knees in pain. The majority of his visions are of the past, but a very rare few have been of the future.

KabeRinnaul
11-03-2011, 07:17 PM
First one works fine. Any mundane skills of note?

Mytical
11-03-2011, 07:24 PM
I'd say the normal for Private Investigators, whatever that might happen to be. Some minor self defense (Chuck Norris he is not). Might need to pick somebody's brain for what skills would go good with a PI. He'd definitely have small firearms training (Concealed Carry).

Edited the post for some of the skills google says is required for a PI.

dragon_wings
11-04-2011, 02:53 AM
Name: Siobhan (no last name) but friends call her Von (phonetic last syllable of her name). Agent Irish.
Place of origin: Boston raised but Irish born (moved when an infant).
Background: Linguist with a interest in Celtic cultures and martial arts. Fluent in a handful of languages and a master at accents. Knows basics of most martial arts but is proficient only in aikido (doesn't have any specific belt cause she wasn't trained in a typical dojo). Proficient in most small arms as well. Prefers unarmed combat.
Powers: strong empath, and telepathy with deep concentration.
Position: field agent but does research on abilities like her own when not in the field.

Kheldarson
11-04-2011, 03:48 AM
Name: Loren Carson.
Place of Origin: Roanoke, VA
Background: Street magician/bursar who makes ends meet anyway she needs to. Proficient in sleight of hand, lock picking, sneaking away, talking her way out of things, and entertaining. (Why, yes, I like playing rogues. Why do you ask?)
Powers: That sleight of hand thing? It's real. She can make small objects disappear and reappear at will. Can't be bigger than her hand.
Position: Unwilling field agent.

KabeRinnaul
11-04-2011, 04:03 AM
Three so far, and I imagine Sarlon will join in soon. Do we want to do the introductory posts like Mytical did in Section 3?

Kheldarson
11-04-2011, 04:06 AM
Up to you.

Sarlon
11-04-2011, 02:33 PM
I'll make a post soon as kabe approves my idea of the character

KabeRinnaul
11-05-2011, 03:52 AM
Alright. Sarlon just needed a couple adjustments, and I'd like to ask dragonwings to include a restriction on the telepathy - like only with heavy concentration. But, looks like we might as well get started. I think we'll go ahead and do the intro posts.

So who wants to start?

Sarlon
11-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Name and Code Name: Sarah Tolami aka agent in training

Place of origin: Miami FL USA

Background: Born on the streets she is EXTREMELY smart, an orphan at an early age. while young she grew up fast and was only recently recruited. has a small problem with authority figures, but her street smarts are a little to good for her age.

Powers beyond seeing the unseen: edietic memory (can't spell but fancy term for photographic memory), fast learner.

What role the character is expected to play in FEND: research and field work/agent.

Mytical
11-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Just got back into town from a wedding, will post soon. Am exhausted, family drama is always fun..not.

Jay 2K Winger
11-06-2011, 04:30 AM
Name and Code Name: Joey Monfries -- Agent Newton
Place of origin: Chicago
Background: Joey, a bit of a prodigy, got work as a profiler for the FBI (a la the BAU from "Criminal Minds") for several years before FEND offered him a job. As far as the FBI is concerned, Joey now does profiles for a private security firm. (Which, when one gets right down to it, isn't too far off the mark.) Joey has a degree of eidetic memory for anything he's read, and an intuitive grasp of many fields. He has basic self-defense training and firearms experience from his FBI days.
Powers: In addition to the standard FEND ability ("sense unseen"), Agent Newton has an ability that FEND has classified as "tactile postcognition." When touching something, he has the ability to 'read' its entire history. This lets him know an object's origin and what it has experienced. FEND makes use of this ability when researching artifacts, usually at one of its secure facilities, but has sent him into the field to investigate strange disturbances.
Role: Primarily research.

KabeRinnaul
11-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Sorry about my lack of response. Been cleaning up the house, and was up late watching Dune with Kheldarson tonight. I'll give everyone a reply Sunday morning.

Oh, and the "Foundation Files" link in my sig leads to material I've written up for the game. I'll add to it as we go along.

Kheldarson
11-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Also to note: since Kabe and I are understandably in the same house and all, when he gets busy with work, I'll be helping with the DM'ing duties. I'll mark them differently in my posts.

KabeRinnaul
11-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Also, anyone can feel free to message me on Skype if I'm not on here. It's rare for me to sign out of Skype completely.

Mytical
11-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Heh, when I am really interested in something (and have time..work starting soon, college, low energy cause illness is acting up) might have to reign me in sometimes. :p. Right now, just anxiously waiting to see what the set up is like for wherever they are taking me :D.

KabeRinnaul
11-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Right now, just anxiously waiting to see what the set up is like for wherever they are taking me :D.

I can go ahead and edit that into my post if you'd like.

Mytical
11-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Would be good, unless you want me to create it. *cackles manically* oh I mean..I could do that.

KabeRinnaul
11-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Nah, I got it. Though one thing to remember - it's modern day, so mostly modern technology (though there are definitely going to be a few supergenius types in FEND that provide some advances), and they have nowhere near the resources Section 3 did. This is less "Will Smith's Men In Black" and more "the CIA for vampires".

Edit: And there you go.

Kheldarson
11-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Jay, I have to say, you have been watching way too much Criminal Minds.

But I love it :D

dragon_wings
11-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Oh and Kabe, I totally looked up that translation. Gaelic is one of the top 3 languages I'd love to actually speak fluently. But then I'm a language freak to began with. :P

Jay 2K Winger
11-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Jay, I have to say, you have been watching way too much Criminal Minds.

But I love it :D

Only seen Seasons 1&2 and about eight eps of Season 3. So, not really all that much.

But yeah, Joey's partially inspired by Reid, and partly by Chaz from Shadow Unit (http://www.shadowunit.org) (which I need to get further into, I've only read up to the first part of the Season 1 finale).

Mytical
11-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Heh, that is ok..my character is based on Shawn Spencer from Psych (only actually psychic). :p

With as much as I have to do to catch up with homework, and my final project in Flash I might not be able to be on much in the next couple of weeks. I am sorry. So far behind that I will need a miracle to pull a B in my classes. *sighs*

dragon_wings
11-07-2011, 08:00 PM
My character's based on me. But a highly exaggerated version of me. :P I am a language fan and I am emphatic but not to the extent of my character. And I'd love to learn martial arts and how to handle a fire arm (especially since my bf would love to own a bunch of guns. :P).

KabeRinnaul
11-07-2011, 08:16 PM
With the exceptions of Browning and Winchester, who were just created on the spot, all my NPCs so far have been my old Shadowrun characters.

...yeah, I don't have any particular "this is my character basis" stories right now cause I'm running things.

Edit: And whoever Sarlon and Jay 2K are talking to. They're generic agents right now. But with only about 4-5000 people in the agency worldwide, they might get identities someday.

Mytical
11-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Woohoo get a 30 minute lunch :p. Means I will be able to check in during the lunch :D

Sarlon
11-08-2011, 01:44 AM
not on late tonight, or for the next few days....aparently in a fit of drunken tiredness I volunteered for 14 hours of overtime this week...starting tomorrow.

as for the insperation for my character....think Claudia Donovan from warehouse 13, mixed with Pete Lattimer from the same show. gut feelings mixed with above average intelligence.

and yes kabe her character lied about her age to those agents...she really is only 15

Dreamstalker
11-08-2011, 01:34 PM
I finally have a reliable net connection so here's my character (loosely based on my GBRPG character with a few changes). Nickname comes from my 'agent name' in class.

Name and Code Name: Terry (doesn't like her last name so rarely uses it)/Agent Ultraviolet

Place of origin: Santa Fe, NM

Background: Computer-science student with an interest in hacking. Planned to eventually work for one of the 'typical' federal alphabet agencies, but some undisclosed minor stuff in her past somehow prevented her from being hired. It isn't known if her self-identifying as a 'hacker' was part of that. Has experience with various paranormal investigation methods (and some 'unorthodox' weaponry, having worked closely with a certain group in the past). She has some of the plans for said weapons, but not all; they could be built, but it might or might not be easy.

Special powers: Ability to see (not perfect) into the invisible spectrum and a weird form of psychometry; sometimes she can 'shut it off', but if an item is in any way important to a present occurrence she can't. She can also communicate with wolves/werewolves (whether this means she is a werewolf herself, nobody knows).

Role: Field agent, but isn't averse to lab work.

Mytical
11-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Sort of stuck on how to proceed :(

Kheldarson
11-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Kabe's at work right now, but if you want to ask questions or we get you in a room or something, that could work.

As soon as everybody's characters are committed (and I'll be honest, we're shortening my character's intro scene cuz he and I played it out earlier so he could start getting a feel for what he wants to do), he'll be getting into the actual plot.

KabeRinnaul
11-09-2011, 03:57 AM
Never fear. The transport system is perfectly safe (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlatantLies). Just remember to never ask Research about what happened to the cat.

dragon_wings
11-09-2011, 04:42 AM
You've taken my character to NYC! The one city I wanna be right now! :lol:

Dreamstalker
11-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Just remember to never ask Research about what happened to the cat.
"But it's right over th--oh. Tell me that was just a test."

Jay 2K Winger
11-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Never fear. The transport system is perfectly safe (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlatantLies). Just remember to never ask Research about what happened to the cat.

"I still have nightmares about that cat." --Agent Calhoun

Sarlon
11-09-2011, 07:37 PM
hu? I is confused?

dragon_wings
11-09-2011, 09:05 PM
hu? I is confused?

Lol. I am too.

Jay 2K Winger
11-09-2011, 09:30 PM
A reference to Half-Life 2. Near the beginning of the game, Gordon Freeman is going to be teleported to the resistance's other base, and watches as his ally Alyx is sent ahead first. Dr. Kleiner and Barney Calhoun have a conversation while this is going on about an accident that happened during a previous test of the system, involving a cat. ("What cat?" Alyx asks, as she's standing in the teleporter.)

She goes through the teleporter successfully. When Gordon goes through shortly afterward, things predictably go wrong. (Mostly due to Kleiner's pet headcrab, Hedey Lamarr.)

But one of Barney's lines to Kleiner is "I still have nightmares about that cat."

dragon_wings
11-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Doh! I totally should have known that. My ex liked doing play throughs on her favorite games so I could see how cool they were. That one was one of the last ones we started before it all went downhill.

KabeRinnaul
11-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Doh! I totally should have known that. My ex liked doing play throughs on her favorite games so I could see how cool they were. That one was one of the last ones we started before it all went downhill.

I like showing my friends play-throughs of Half-Life 2 so that they have nightmares about Ravenholm.

We don't go there anymore.

Kheldarson
11-10-2011, 02:08 AM
I walk out of the room when he starts playing that stuff anymore...

dragon_wings
11-10-2011, 03:14 AM
I like showing my friends play-throughs of Half-Life 2 so that they have nightmares about Ravenholm.

We don't go there anymore.

Idk that we got that far. A lot of shit went down in a short period of time.

But I'm gonna go on YouTube tonight and check it out. :P
F.E.A.R. was wicked cool. Freaky as hell but wicked cool.

Chanlin
11-10-2011, 05:09 AM
Hoping i'm not too late to join in :) I've missed out on most of the other RP's around here.

If I am just ignore me :P

Name: James Doyle (The Ghost, Ghost, Doyle)
Place of Origin: Chicago, IL
Background: Small time street criminal, does his best to go unnoticed which is helped out by his abilities. Knows how to pick locks and defeat less complicated electronic security.

Can hot-wire most vehicles that can still be hot wired, jimmy locks and the like. Though he is not a trained investigator, he knows how to spot out of the ordinary details and has a sense for how to talk to people. This has helped him avoid being arrested several times.

He is proficient with small arms, but not an expert marksman by any means. Is a trained boxer, but never won any titles. AKA he can hold his own in a fist fight with other mortals, but a vampire or the like would be more than a match for him.

Abilities: Modified "Not my problem field." Unless he is overtly threatening someone they will forget having seen him as soon as they look away. This works on other senses as well. They will however remember speaking with him or asking him to do something. If seen frequently enough this effect wears off over time. IE the more time he spends with you the longer it takes you to forget him. This timer resets every time you see him. Starts at a few seconds and eventually gets to be as long as 48 hours.

"Cursed by Fate" James is at once supernaturally lucky and supernaturally unlucky. Every now and then everything just goes his way. Which makes him cringe, because he knows that shortly thereafter everything will go against him. Because of this he has days where he is a shut in.

Role: Recon, Investigation, Intelligence gathering

KabeRinnaul
11-11-2011, 05:11 AM
You're fine. Just make a post in the IC thread and I'll start working you in.

On that note, sorry about the slow responses lately. I'm working 7 days straight, and don't often have time to work around my shifts.

Kheldarson
11-11-2011, 05:15 AM
And until we get into actual plot, I can't pick up duties. Not that I can do anything working 10-13 hour shifts >.<

Sarlon
11-11-2011, 06:01 AM
from the one that just worked 3 12 hour shifts and an 8 hour shift in a row...I feel ya....

Jay 2K Winger
11-14-2011, 04:26 AM
So, I was driving back from Philly from the Chikara wrestling show, and passed a few exits for Calverton, MD.

Most of the exits were blocked off.

oh god oh god hobgoblins are loose in Calverton

:ashamed::blink::runaway:

KabeRinnaul
11-14-2011, 05:20 AM
Oh calm down. The Hobgoblin attack was in Calverton, VA.

Calverton, MD, by an amazing coincidence, has been quarantined to track and neutralize the spread of the microbial EN known as "dread iota".

The spread is currently contained at EN-4, but will be escalated to an EN-6 if evidence is found of water source contamination. Highest priority will be given to preventing a northward spread toward Rocky Gorge Reservoir.

Bad day to live in places named "Calverton", apparently.

Jay 2K Winger
11-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Oh calm down. The Hobgoblin attack was in Calverton, VA.

Calverton, MD, by an amazing coincidence, has been quarantined to track and neutralize the spread of the microbial EN known as "dread iota".

The spread is currently contained at EN-4, but will be escalated to an EN-6 if evidence is found of water source contamination. Highest priority will be given to preventing a northward spread toward Rocky Gorge Reservoir.

Bad day to live in places named "Calverton", apparently.

It was in Calverton, VA? I thought you said Romanza had taken Joey to Calverton, MD. That's certainly the location I'd been using in my IC posts.

KabeRinnaul
11-14-2011, 03:05 PM
It was in Calverton, VA? I thought you said Romanza had taken Joey to Calverton, MD. That's certainly the location I'd been using in my IC posts.

We hadn't been specifying either way, and it doesn't really change anything. I just wanted a small town about an hour away. And a few minutes on Google Maps gave me that one.

Mytical
11-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Is Fred still waiting for others to show up? Sorry am confused and brain is mush right now thanks to school.

KabeRinnaul
11-16-2011, 01:59 AM
And sorry, first day off in a week so I slept through most of it and spent the rest generally screwing around.

But yeah, Fred's the first one to arrive to the meeting room, and has just been chatting with Winchester and Browning for a while. But thanks to you not being able to post for a bit, I was pretty much able to treat that as a fast-forward, so the next few are getting there just a few minutes after him.

Mytical
11-16-2011, 03:42 AM
Hehe no problem, just making sure I am not missing something :D

dragon_wings
11-17-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm stuck on what to do next.

KabeRinnaul
11-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Well, Sarlon's character was just delivered to the meeting room where Mytical's character has been hanging out, and you should be coming in right behind them, so you could just go ahead and have her check out some of the research department as she walks and get to the room, too.

Also yay we've been moved to Forum Games.

Sarlon
11-18-2011, 02:09 AM
I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a while....been pulling 5 11 hours days

KabeRinnaul
11-18-2011, 03:25 AM
Understandable. I just did 7 9-hour days in a row (Tuesday-Monday). Any lack of posts from me after that is just me being lazy on my days off.

Chanlin
11-18-2011, 06:51 AM
Any lack of posts from me after that is just me being lazy on my days off.

It's your time off, do what ya want with it :)

Take it from someone who has been a GM for many a table-top game. Sometimes you just need to have time for yourself, players be damned.

Dreamstalker
11-18-2011, 12:18 PM
I should be able to post more frequently this coming week (been slammed with school and work).

Am I allowed to edit my IC posts this late in the game (keeping the endings the same)? In short, I came up with some better backstory. If not, that's cool and I'll work it in later.

Kheldarson
11-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Kabe's getting ready for work so the answer is yes, but summarize the changes in here please? For ease of reference.

Dreamstalker
11-19-2011, 02:29 AM
I had forgotten about my character's psychometry, so will work in at least a hint of it. Other than that, just some more descriptive stuff (since I'm not 'multitasking' from class at least for now).

KabeRinnaul
11-20-2011, 05:00 AM
Woo, finally quit derping around on Fark and Minecraft and replied to the RP.

Now if I can just finish updating the Foundation Files and post those.

Edit: And now the latter is done. Still three more entries to write, but got some more in for now.

Mytical
11-22-2011, 07:00 AM
Do not let Fred hold back the rest of the group. Thanks to some rather useless people I am weeks behind on my actual classwork (been working on final project, but there is no penalty for turning in classwork late as long as I get it in by monday) I have about 4 weeks worth of material to catch up on. Yay me.

Kheldarson
11-23-2011, 12:30 AM
Kabe and I are both busy right now with Black Friday coming. We might be able to do a post on Thanksgiving. Or late Friday.

Sarlon
11-23-2011, 01:47 AM
Works been insane, had a mental break down on sunday and monday.

I'm back to work now, but i don't have a solid day off between now and saturday.

and I'm kinda waiting on something to happen, shes not a very talkative person....and you don't want her bored.

KabeRinnaul
11-23-2011, 06:21 AM
Yeah. I'm going to post when I can, but I'm working long shifts at odd hours this week (including a 12-hour overnight), so no guarantees about when or how often.

dragon_wings
11-24-2011, 06:39 AM
Just thought I'd add this about Siobhan: as an empath she is a very open person. Being able to feel the emotions of the people around her does not allow her to hide her own emotions well. She's also almost completely honest, she has a hard time lying. But she keeps somethings to herself.

Oh and a description of her: average height, medium build, middle 20's, short hair dyed in crazy colors, green eyes, a warm friendly smile, wears contacts a majority of the time but can be seen wearing glasses on occasion, primarily wears jeans and t shirts with sayings (like 'duct tape is like the force. it has a light side, a dark side, and binds the world together'-saw a customer wearing that recently), has her ears pierced in several place, as well as her eyebrow, nose, and the center of her bottom lip, she has several tattoos-often in the languages she's fluent in.

Kheldarson
11-28-2011, 06:00 AM
Kabe's sick right now and work is guilt-tripping him into coming in since one of his co-workers is in the hospital. He'll make a post when he's better. And hopefully he won't give it to me >.<

KabeRinnaul
11-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Derp. Two days in a row where I've gone to work sick because I couldn't call in because we were shorthanded. Which turned into two days in a row of me running the department by myself while sick.

Mytical
12-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Going to leave it up to the GM if Fred remembers or not on this. Its a tricky thing, as Fred has a photographic memory, and not remembering something..anything would nag at him. If the memory is paranormal or not has not been established either. So I will abide by Kabe's decision :)

Sarlon
12-16-2011, 01:43 AM
question....

whos sitting where around the table and whos near who?

I'll start... I'm on the corner on the table, closest to the door back to the wall facing the door.

dragon_wings
12-16-2011, 02:00 AM
I don't know where I am but I do know I'm near or next to Terry and Maya.

Chanlin
12-16-2011, 02:07 AM
Since Doyle was one of the last in the room hes at whatever seat is open and very likely next to Loren.

Mytical
12-16-2011, 04:14 AM
Fred was the first, and pretty much was in the center of the room. For those who can read emotions its a combination of curiosity, amusement, and a bit of confusion.

Kheldarson
12-16-2011, 05:45 AM
Loren got pushed into a chair. So wherever's not taken ^^

Sorry. I swear she'll calm down. Maybe.

BTW, Kabe got lucky with his schedule and I was able to beg for mine, so we're going to go see my folks this weekend. So we'll probably be offline.

KabeRinnaul
12-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Kind of ignored this one, but for the enhanced memory versus Chanlin's character, I'd say if the memory is true perfect recall (like Sarlon's character), it's likely supernatural and works to counteract, but not fully cancel it out. If it's fallible and is instead just very good but not perfect memory, then it's probably natural talent, and while the character may be aware that they're missing something, they won't necessarily know what it is.

And yeah, out of town the next three days, and going to bed right now. I'll reply to the RP in the morning.

Chanlin
12-16-2011, 09:21 AM
And yeah, out of town the next three days

Enjoy your weekend :)

KabeRinnaul
12-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Sorry about the lack of reply. Holidays in retail, and holidays in general. I'm going to pick things up again and introduce actual plot after New Years.

Sarlon
01-06-2012, 02:23 AM
I just did a post see if we can't revive this sucker

Kheldarson
01-09-2012, 02:42 AM
Either I'll post or I'll get Kabe to. He's sick right now though, so it might be me.

KabeRinnaul
01-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Sorry, holidays, New Years parties, and I just got over a flu (which it seems I've passed to Kheldarson). Posting now. Will finally nail down a plot, too.

Sarlon
01-09-2012, 01:07 PM
ahhh the ever ellusive plot...the bane of all game masters everywhere!

where did you find yours? under the sink?

Jay 2K Winger
01-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Oh god did the Silent Ones get everybody? Where'd everyone go?

I feel like I'm all alone here...

Kheldarson
01-20-2012, 06:20 PM
We got busy. And got a PS3.... <.< >.> *flees*

Sarlon
01-20-2012, 07:21 PM
GIGGITY!!!!

KabeRinnaul
01-23-2012, 04:14 AM
PS3 -> Netflix -> "Warehouse 13" -> Ideas for this game.

...but also plenty of time eaten by Netflix. And Deus Ex. And the various PS1 Classics I downloaded.

Chanlin
01-23-2012, 06:04 AM
As a fellow DM I can sympathize with not having ideas :P

And as a fellow gamer I can sympathize with the rest... why no... I haven't been playing TOR and Skyrim instead of doing school work.... why are you looking at me like that? *whistles innocently*

Sarlon
01-23-2012, 11:34 AM
how far in are you?

I'd REALLY like to see something like the warehouse 2 episode... >.>

Jay 2K Winger
01-23-2012, 01:59 PM
I, too, can sympathize with the whole "writer's block" thing. *looks at the myriad stories and ideas he's had and not finished*

But having more ideas is always good. I keep meaning to get into Warehouse 13, given how interesting I find that notion of "repository of mystical/supernatural/weird things." Like Area 51 in the Indiana Jones franchise. Or SCP Foundation.

KabeRinnaul
01-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Only watched the first two thus far, because we're also going through Trigun, which Kheldarson has never seen all the way through. And yeah, definitely saw similarities to SCP (though I think SCP would consider most of W13's inventory to be Safe or Euclid at best).

Sarlon
01-23-2012, 10:34 PM
The episode I'm referring to is pretty late in the second season, and dn't watch it alone...you'll be kinda clueless on who the other other other chick is.

Dreamstalker
01-29-2012, 09:45 PM
I have to start watching Warehouse 13; there was always something else going on (either on TV or otherwise) on those nights.

Sarlon
01-29-2012, 10:57 PM
I need to catch up season 3 because i didn't like the way season 2 ended...

but seeing paul blackthorne not believe in the supernatural is freaking funny!

Kheldarson
01-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Netflix is amazing for catching up on seasons. I'm not sure how we lived without it honestly...

Sarlon
01-29-2012, 11:54 PM
don't think 3rd season is out yet, and can't even order the DVDs yet :(

Dreamstalker
01-30-2012, 02:28 AM
We're considering dumping cable (well, mom was the one who made the initial suggestion, now she's saying she never said anything and it was all my idea*) and going to Netflix/Roku, the only question is will Comcrap's internet (that every so often spazzes out about our router) support it?

* I need her decision so I can start researching what if anything we need to buy to get the TV/Wii online, she's the only one who can make any changes to the account

Sarlon
02-29-2012, 12:48 AM
have someone might wanting to join....I linked him the OOC and IC andhe'll be looking into it

Tyg3rW01f
03-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Hi. I'm the FNG Sarlon mentioned in Post #103.
Hello all.
Okay, about me...
I am a Functional Lunatic with a love affair with firearms and sharp, shiney, pointy objects. I enjoy computer games, Civil War re-enacting (Federal Signal Corps), D&D 3.5, comics, RP games, and paintball.
I have ideas for a character, but I REALLYREALLY would appreciate some feedback.
Okay... ALOT of feedback.

Mytical
03-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Happy to help provide feedback. :D

Tyg3rW01f
03-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Name: Josiah "the Wolf" McCowan
Code Name: Mr. John W. Clark
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 175 lbs of hard-earned muscle
Hair: Grey
Eyes: amber-gold, like a wolf's. His gaze is piercing and a bit unsettling.
Place of Origin: Ft. Sill, Oklahoma
Citizenship: United States of America
Place of Residency: Lochdubh, Scotland
Background: Born an ARMY-brat in Fort Sill, Oklahoma, to United States citizens, Josiah lived on military bases across the US and Europe. When he was 17, he got permission to enlist in the Marines, where he was recruited for the SEALs after a deployment to Afghanistan in the early days of the war. Soon, he was deployed with XXXXXXXXX and trained in XXXXXX, Great Britain, with the XXXXXXXXXXXXX, in conjunction with the XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
A full 90% of Josiah's military record is Classified, and most of the black ink begins after his SEAL recruitment.
After 12 years in the U. S. armed forces, Josiah the Wolf retired to the Highlands of Scotland. He has since lived quietly in Lochdubh.

Josiah began seeing the Para-Normal at the tender age of six, when he visited the site of Geronimo's grave near Ft. Sill. Josiah's father retired in 1997, when Josiah was 15. The family began attending Civil War re-enactments; their visits to Anteitam, Fredricksburg, and Cold Harbor, however, where cut short when the adolescent Josiah passed out from Extra-Normal overload. He could never explain he had seen the ghosts of the fields embroiled in mortal combat, as if those battles had never ended.
It was his military training and time in Europe that finally gave him a measure of control over what he saw.

Powers: He can see Feylines, the "Power" of sacred places like mehnirs, Stonehenge, the Mayan temples, etc., be it residual, recent, or whatnot. In addition, he can see very strong magic in items, like voodoo hayacalls. NEVER misses a shot, and can perform this feat with any weapon -- however, he must see, touch, disassemble and reassemble said weapon, if applicable. Then there is the uber-sneak skill all SEALs posess. He has training in firearms, stealth, and Krav Maga.
Role: the back-up Agent

Tyg3rW01f
03-03-2012, 08:10 PM
there can be more, there can be less.
however, how he got his nickname is not something I know about him at the moment.
but he does see odd things... mostly the "power" of places like mehnirs and Stonehenge.

Sarlon
03-04-2012, 01:02 AM
so....Sam from NCIS: LA?

welcome to the forums Tyger....about bloody time you joined :P\

Kabe is lurking here somewhere....whos got the bacon?

Chanlin
03-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Not only do I have bacon, it's wrapped in more bacon mmm nom nom nom

Sarlon
03-04-2012, 02:20 AM
I have the sushi :p

Mytical
03-04-2012, 05:11 AM
so....Sam from NCIS: LA?

welcome to the forums Tyger....about bloody time you joined :P\

Kabe is lurking here somewhere....whos got the bacon?

With a mix of that one guy from the tv show Alphas. Never misses a shot. :).

Tyg3rW01f
03-08-2012, 08:19 PM
okay, so now that I'm here, and we haven't had a post on the story thread in... ELEVEN days...
Are we waiting for me, Kabe, or both?!

Sarlon
03-09-2012, 01:12 AM
kabe more then likely...

khel...poke your husband

Tyg3rW01f
03-17-2012, 01:07 AM
*pokes the forum and gets told "Message Loading"... *
Bored.

Tyg3rW01f
03-17-2012, 05:37 PM
MASSIVELY updated Josiah's character sheet.
...Again.

Tyg3rW01f
03-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Updated my post in "The Foundation (IC)" as well.

KabeRinnaul
03-22-2012, 05:11 AM
Derp.

Sorry about that. You've been witnesses to/victims of total GM burnout.

I eventually reach a point where I simply can't even think about my stories anymore. I can sit and stare at a screen for half an hour and manage to have a complete mind blank the entire time. That's pretty much what caused the sudden stop in posts - I make up so much as I go along, that when I hit writer's block, I have absolutely nothing to fall back on.

So anyway, I do apologize for the delay, and shall try to fix this. Assuming anyone is still here. Going to try and finally work out some plot points tonight, then reply to the RP in the morning.

Jay 2K Winger
03-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Don't worry, Kabe, we all understand. Happens to any creative type.

I'm still down for this.

Tyg3rW01f
03-23-2012, 12:11 AM
oh, believe me, I understand... even though I do have that Attention Defi-OOH! NEW TOY! *dives*

KabeRinnaul
03-23-2012, 06:37 AM
And then I get home and Kheldarson has Doctor Who.

Kheldarson
03-23-2012, 06:38 AM
What? You don't get to blame that on me. You're paying for the Netflix account.

Mytical
03-23-2012, 07:57 AM
My mind is not the sharpest right now. So I have to ask..Fred and co are at the crime scene..correct??? Sorry..just a bit more confused then normal..and that is saying a lot.

Tyg3rW01f
03-25-2012, 05:50 PM
never really liked Dr. Who, but I can see why folks love it.
Bored now.

dragon_wings
03-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Bored now.
Please tell me this is a Dark Willow reference from Buffy. *is a huge Buffy fan*

Mytical
03-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Still trying to figure out where the heck Fred is, and what is going on. Sorry..not sharpest tool in the shed right now.

Kheldarson
03-26-2012, 12:55 AM
Fred and co. are heading to the crime scene, Myt. They're actually going to the transport system currently, so you can write out how Fred responds to that.

KabeRinnaul
03-26-2012, 03:44 AM
Yep. Heading down the halls towards the transporter. They're heading through it to Division One (Washington), and from there to a small town in Virginia to see the crime scene.

Anyway. Sorry about that, work schedule and other activities haven't been kind to RP posts lately.

Just for fun, the latest addition to the Files. I need to complete a couple others before I update the actual page.
EN Classification :: "Faceless"
Threat: EN-2.
Summary: These ENs are humanoid entities which can't be identified by facial appearance. While evidence suggests the ENs possess normal facial features - they are able to see, hear, speak, and breathe normally - it is impossible for anyone to recognize them as having a face. It is instead a complete blind spot for any observers - completely unnoticed and unrecalled after breaking contact. Recordings of the ENs, whether they are photographic or video, retain this effect, with viewers simply not noticing the subject's face. Furthermore, these ENs show a disturbing capability for escaping notice just long enough to escape a confrontation - frequently faster than a human would have been able to move given the time it was unwatched.
Identification: Perceptives and non-perceptives alike are incapable of recognizing a face on this EN. The only advantage a perceptive has is that a perceptive recalls the absence, whereas a non-perceptive individual will continue without realizing anything was amiss, and frequently forgets ever meeting the EN.
Response Protocol: The EN should be kept under a close watch, preferably with multiple observers in rotation to avoid breaking contact. Agents should not engage unless the EN's activities appear to be putting human lives or Foundation secrets at risk. Any such contact should preferably be made by a senior agent with experience handling this EN, while others cover the contacting agent.

Sarlon
03-26-2012, 02:54 PM
will have to do longer post later keyboard died and only using on screen keyboard

Jay 2K Winger
03-26-2012, 02:55 PM
will have to do longer post later keyboard died and only using on screen keyboard

The keyboard revolt is spreading!

Suppress the riots violently!

Tyg3rW01f
03-28-2012, 12:34 AM
*sets phasers to KILL*
Ready, Sir.

KabeRinnaul
03-31-2012, 08:13 AM
And random thoughts appear in the thread.

A special notice to all new agents.
Despite his claims, Mr. Black is none of the following:

Division Command.
A secret agent. FEND employment excluded.
Classified information.
Royalty or nobility of any existing location.
An EN-4.
A wizard.
The man behind the man.
A Quentin Tarantino character.
Immortal.
The Architect.
A quintuple agent.
Capable of performing any action solely due to being "cooler than you".
A compulsive liar. It's merely habitual.
Allergic to, or otherwise exempt from, research or field work.

Any such claims from Mr. Black are to be dismissed.

So, considering I love adding new content but am astonishingly lazy, if anyone would like to submit ideas for ENs or anomalous objects, feel free, particularly in the form of in-character reports. Also welcome are in-character commentaries on existing file entries. I'll add whichever ones amuse me the most.

(Edit) Oh, and so everyone can follow along with the current RP events, Solyn Kher is Kheldarson's major character in the original story this is an AU of.

Tyg3rW01f
04-02-2012, 04:26 PM
sorry... I'm a Civil War Re-enactor, and I was away at the 150th Anniversary of the battle of Shiloh this past weekend (March 29th thru the April 1st). Uploaded fresh post... Kabe, Josiah's being as cordial as he can.

Tyg3rW01f
04-03-2012, 02:53 AM
" ... Mr Doyle I look forward to seeing you in a dress."
It's no' a dress, it's a KILT.
http://isleofharris.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/kilt_1024_dpa.jpg
So THERE!

Sarlon
04-03-2012, 02:57 AM
smart ass just you wait till friday!

Tyg3rW01f
04-03-2012, 03:25 AM
smart ass just you wait till friday!
At least I included a good picture of a famous Scotsman.

Jay 2K Winger
04-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Doyle shuffles off out of the room to get some sleep muttering something about not being caught dead in a dress...

"You ever watch F Troop, where Agarn says, 'There's no way I'm wearin' a dress! Absolutely not! No dress!' And Forrest Tucker's like, 'Yeah, you're wearing that dress! You're gonna wear that dress!' And they wipe - blublublublublub - and Agarn's wearin' a dress."

dragon_wings
04-11-2012, 03:45 AM
Sorry I haven't been active lately. Life's been kicking my ass. Then I lost track of what my character was doing/involved with.

Tyg3rW01f
04-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Updated Josiah's file... AGAIN.
Agent Name: Mr. John W. Clark.

KabeRinnaul
04-12-2012, 05:41 AM
Sorry I haven't been active lately. Life's been kicking my ass. Then I lost track of what my character was doing/involved with.

Mine's been severe allergies (http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff355/kaberinnaul/allergies.jpg), holiday stuff, work, and my own short attention span.

Don't worry, I had to drop my writing/RP projects for a little while, so you're not far behind.

Also, a word to everyone - feel free to throw me a curveball or have your character do their own thing a bit. I tend to GM my best when I'm getting that sort of feedback from players, a trait I picked up years ago when running Shadowrun and D&D for my old group, walking avatars of chaos and destruction I semi-affectionately refer to as "Team 4chan".

You know your Shadowrun game has gone off the rails when the rigger tackles the decker to the floor and starts dry-humping him while shouting lines from Evangelion.

Both in and out of character.

Mytical
04-12-2012, 06:03 AM
Heh I've always had a chaotic mind, and illness has made that worse..so *shrugs*. As for 'off the rails' I can do that. As my characters vision suggests :p. Didn't think it was going to be used right off the bat, but hey .. go with the flow is my motto.

Tyg3rW01f
04-15-2012, 08:43 PM
You know your Shadowrun game has gone off the rails when the rigger tackles the decker to the floor and starts dry-humping him while shouting lines from Evangelion.

Both in and out of character.

o.O; :eek:

Kheldarson
04-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Believe me, there's a reason why I've only played in one game with Team 4chan.

Kabe could give you stories that would swear you off DMing for...ages, at least.

KabeRinnaul
04-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Work has been crap, and going on a trip to see Kheldarson's family for the weekend. Next post from me on Monday.

dragon_wings
04-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Have a good weekend.

Kheldarson
04-20-2012, 04:45 PM
I get to see my family for my birthday ^^

Tyg3rW01f
04-22-2012, 02:54 AM
Happy Birthday, Khel!!

Chanlin
04-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Indeed, happy B-day.

I should be able to post more frequently after next week since the semester will be over :)

KabeRinnaul
04-24-2012, 04:11 AM
It was still technically Monday when I started typing.

Also, for the record, the agents talking to Tygerwolf's character are now officially Agent Reese and Agent Jake L. Wood.

Because there is no such thing as too many references.

Also, you may want to note the FEND Files link in my sig.

Mytical
04-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Want to ask permission to semi borrow this idea for something I am working on. I like the idea of this roleplay, and am thinking of starting a similar themed one on this forum. Just still working on a title. It is inspired by a combination of lost girl, supernatural, and this rpg.

Mytical
04-24-2012, 08:22 PM
As I might be losing my internet soon, the above request might be a moot point.

KabeRinnaul
04-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Go ahead, though do link back and keep us updated if you can. I'll gladly steal ideas right back from you.

Sarlon
04-25-2012, 01:44 AM
interesting...mytical and I were talking about warehouse 13 the other day...

I was telling him about warehouse 2 and the others scattered around the world.

according to the show the warehouses were set up near the seat of power for its time (warehouse 2 in alexendria, warehouse 12 in london or england as implied by *spoiler*H.G. Wells*spoiler*, warehouse 13 in the USA)

Kheldarson
04-25-2012, 02:24 AM
I'd just request that you refrain from borrowing the Eternals and other major NPC's. They're kind of the main cast for a novel we're working on. This is just AU/extra character development while I'm working on some kinks.

Mytical
04-25-2012, 05:16 AM
No worries about that. Here is the complete premise, though I may work with Sarlon, let her take the lead..since I may not have internet for long.

If you have watched the show Supernatural .. you know about Hunters.. well..

All the creatures you've heard tell of that go bump in the night (and some that go bump in the day) are real. Unlike this group however, the characters do not 'see' them..they rely on what they know/have learned..etc. Some are actually good though, so even if you discover a creature..does not always mean you have to get rid of them. Worse..some are actually impossible to get rid of (at least permanently). That is beside the point. The characters were born 'hunters'..no special abilities or whatnot..just a lot of knowledge that the normal person does not have.

Recently, however, something has been hunting the hunters. Maybe several somethings have been hunting the hunters. After all, they are not popular in the monster circles. So the characters, the hunters, have to figure out what. Since their whole life has been learning to hunt/kill/etc creatures..they are very skilled..but they don't have normal 'jobs'. They do have cover identities (fake of course), and such, however.

If I do work with Sarlon (a good chance) there would probably be artifacts that needed to be retrieved also..making for a creature/artifact smackdown that would probably be pretty interesting.

BTW : I am borrowing the idea of the Fae from Lost Girl, the hunters from Supernatural, and it is sort of similar to this rpg (in a way) so that is how it all ties in together.

Sarlon
04-25-2012, 12:34 PM
don't know about that mytical...sounds to much like hunter the vigil from white wolf games.

Jay 2K Winger
04-25-2012, 01:16 PM
don't know about that mytical...sounds to much like hunter the vigil from white wolf games.

I was going to say the same thing.

Mytical
04-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Hmm, I've played White wolf before but never heard of Hunter the Vigil. Meh was worth a shot :D

Sarlon
04-25-2012, 02:51 PM
white wolf produced hunter...

I was personally thinking of it being more warehouse 13ish, its been implied that there was more then 2 active agents at a time.

Kheldarson
04-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Not that Hunter was a good system....

Good idea, but horribly balanced.

KabeRinnaul
04-25-2012, 04:51 PM
Hunter was part of the inspiration for this RP, actually. I liked the concept but hated how underpowered and ineffective Hunters were. And the fact that the "warrior" type had better healing powers than the "healer" type, on the grounds that they "needed them to stay in the fight", but that's a different matter entirely. This was partially produced by trying to make Hunters effective by having them cooperate and actually know something about their foes.

Sarlon
04-25-2012, 04:52 PM
I can work with that I just wouldn't want to run a game like that.

Kheldarson
05-01-2012, 06:08 PM
And sorry for being out of touch, but Kabe's and mine internet completely crapped on us and we just got it back today >.<

KabeRinnaul
05-03-2012, 12:31 AM
On my lunch, trying to post a character for Jay's new RP. I'm replying to this thread when I get home tonight at 11. Yesterday wound up being very busy.

KabeRinnaul
05-03-2012, 09:26 AM
No matter how hard Tygerwolf and Kheldarson try, Doctor Who and Torchwood aren't canon.

Just the beast from "The Satan Pit" is. Also, never forget rule number one.

And a reference here or there.

Kheldarson
05-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Awwwww....

*is disappoint*

Chanlin
05-03-2012, 09:31 AM
I think I found a better way to represent Doyle's accent in typed form that is far less offensive than the sort of stage Irish type accent he's been using. So no when he slips back to the accent, it hasn't changed, but the way I'm typing it has.

Torchwood should so be cannon :p

Mytical
05-04-2012, 03:57 PM
May have to autopilot Fred for a bit. Really not feeling well, and surgery is the 9th. May be a bit before I am able to post.

Dreamstalker
05-06-2012, 02:51 AM
Torchwood should so be cannon :p
I agree. I have no idea if Terry's 'other job' (Ghostbusters) could be considered canon, if not I'm sure I can come up with another way to justify her bizarre knowledge.

Tyg3rW01f
05-07-2012, 07:42 PM
if GHOSTBUSTERS is NOT cannon, then NONE of this whole RP makes any sense.

Mytical
05-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Kabe, please auto Fred..for the partner he has currently (Jay I believe) I am sorry but as you know, going to be away for a bit. If Fred can not be auto'd..I can post a quick but powerful vision that puts him out of commission for a bit. (Ie puts him into a Coma before he can reveal the vision).

KabeRinnaul
05-08-2012, 01:44 AM
Sorry, we went on a trip to Boston and I didn't get around to announcing it beforehand.

I agree. I have no idea if Terry's 'other job' (Ghostbusters) could be considered canon, if not I'm sure I can come up with another way to justify her bizarre knowledge.

I don't think you'll get the full setup (the traps and containment tank, etc), but there are definitely spirit ENs, and Ghostbusters-style ghosts fit the setting just fine. Given that, using technology to detect, track, and drive away spirits would fit. It just probably wouldn't look too much like the movie. Reason being, I don't like to exclude any real things from my near-real-world settings, because it gets too easy to accidentally refer to things that didn't happen. And if the gear worked just like it did in the Dan Aykroyd movie, it would just be too strange to have pop culture get something like that exactly right.

if GHOSTBUSTERS is NOT cannon, then NONE of this whole RP makes any sense.

How is that?

Kabe, please auto Fred..for the partner he has currently (Jay I believe) I am sorry but as you know, going to be away for a bit. If Fred can not be auto'd..I can post a quick but powerful vision that puts him out of commission for a bit. (Ie puts him into a Coma before he can reveal the vision).

I have a few things in mind. I'll send you a PM, and do the post if you can reply to it. If not, I'll just include a brief auto post in with the rest of the update describing his collapse.

Dreamstalker
05-08-2012, 02:34 AM
Yeah, while Terry does have direct access to all of the technical blueprints it might not be possible to replicate much more than the detection gear; in any event, experience could definitely be useful (feel free to take advantage of that as you see fit).

Maya may or may not be a spirit caught in a wolfdog's body due to a summoning that one of her team members screwed up (long story).

Sarlon
05-21-2012, 01:10 AM
alright guys I'm out of town again...in florida visiting MORE family.

should be back in town and payable to fully post after thursday.

Tyg3rW01f
05-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Sorry about the response lag... I have been HEAVILY embroiled in Diablo 3.

Sarlon
05-28-2012, 03:37 PM
I got him addicted when I said "well since your house sitting for me this week, heres my sign in info try out the game while I'm gone"

Kheldarson
05-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Sarlon, you know you're not supposed to do that.

It makes people disappear =P

Sarlon
05-28-2012, 03:40 PM
dear kettle,

I'm not sure how to adress this....but its reguarding your current color.

yours,
Pot

Kheldarson
05-28-2012, 03:44 PM
:lol:

I'm at least trying to keep Kabe posting.

KabeRinnaul
05-28-2012, 04:49 PM
I've been posting some. I'm just trying to remember my plot ideas because contrary to Sarlon's comments in IC, I don't actually have any notes for this game. Well, I do, but they're just these (http://theuncertainareas.webs.com/rp/foundation.html). As far as plot goes, I more have a general idea and a few points I want to hit. Also, I'm getting full-time hours at work right now, so there's that. And been looking up some anime series I saw in AMV Hell 5. Current one is High School of the Dead. And also I'm lazy.

And for the record, Black is mistaken. The spider monster does not have tentacles. Instead, it has more spiders.

This is what happens when your GM style is "throw random character comments out there, then adjust reality to match."

Another big part of my GM style is "chaos is neat" but surely that has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, just on my lunch so I don't really have time for an IC post, but I should be active this evening. I think I've finally settled on what I'm doing with some things.

Jay 2K Winger
05-28-2012, 05:06 PM
This is what happens when your GM style is "throw random character comments out there, then adjust reality to match."

Another big part of my GM style is "chaos is neat" but surely that has nothing to do with it.

I tend to agree, but it does sometimes help to have a general plot in mind and gently guide things long that path. That's what I'm doing in my own game here on the boards. Speaking of which, I should go make another GM post there.

Mytical
05-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Heh my current game is all about chaos, but I have a general idea of where things are going. Sure there maybe miniscule mice with spears that want to poke you with spears...wait...where was I going with this?

Sarlon
05-28-2012, 05:42 PM
i has horrible sun burn all down my back and arms, so sitting in my computer chair has been AGONY! so, I've been sitting in my living room, with a 6foot long table, all my D&D books, blue bloods (tv series), and to much time on my hands...

needless to say i finally sat down, wrote out the history of my world, the names of the 9 anicents and all their histories, dogmas, favored weapons, etc.

AND got the next 4 adventures mapped and written out.

I need a life...

Jay 2K Winger
05-28-2012, 06:03 PM
i has horrible sun burn all down my back and arms, so sitting in my computer chair has been AGONY! so, I've been sitting in my living room, with a 6foot long table, all my D&D books, blue bloods (tv series), and to much time on my hands...

needless to say i finally sat down, wrote out the history of my world, the names of the 9 anicents and all their histories, dogmas, favored weapons, etc.

I need a life...

I know the feeling. I spend almost as much time world-building as I do writing my stories. From the fantasy story I started writing for NaNoWriMo a couple of years ago, to the sci-fi epic I've been steadily world-building for the last several years, and which I've almost finished the first installment...

I know the feeling.

Hope the sunburn gets better!

Kheldarson
05-28-2012, 06:43 PM

I need a life...

Ouch the sunburn. Although, I'll be honest, I'm waiting for my burn simply so that way the rest of the summer will be easier. I've got weird skin.

Personally, I enjoy world building. I like the little background details and histories and stuffs like that...too bad I can't finish a coherent current plot. My characters all hate me :cry:

Sarlon
05-28-2012, 06:56 PM
I've been trying to run this game for years, its a level 1 to 20+ game, ad its start with a plot of "oh hey, evil lord trying to win a war" to "OH DEAR GOD LETS NOT BLOW UP OUR WORLD!"

Kheldarson
05-28-2012, 07:26 PM
LOL!

I like the sound of that type of game.

Kabe and I tried to run something similar with friends. It was going to be a level 1 to 20+ game, but using all of the precon adventures. He's got a ton of them. But playing with two ADD friends who'd rather watch YouTube makes it difficult to get things done, doesn't it?

Tyg3rW01f
05-29-2012, 08:57 PM
hey, I is/be/are a GMR!!! ((Gamer in hacker-ese))
It doesn't matter, I game.

Kristev
05-30-2012, 06:19 AM
At least I have an advantage if I wanted to run a 3.0/3.5/Pathfinder game. I've already written a world and have seven books worth of material to support it. :)

KabeRinnaul
05-31-2012, 04:14 AM
And with strange aeons, the stars may align, and the thread will wake from it's endless slumber as I actually post something.

Also, all names are meaningful because I think I'm clever.

Mytical
05-31-2012, 05:41 AM
Heh, nothing for Fred to do yet? I personally can't think of anything (which is why he went looking)

KabeRinnaul
05-31-2012, 06:40 AM
You got that big second section with the doctors. I'm still deciding on details. And also need to get to bed.

Mytical
05-31-2012, 06:50 AM
*facepalm* Sorry mental fog moment *laughs* The Agent Silver thing threw me off..didn't notice the Fred in that section either.

KabeRinnaul
06-02-2012, 01:09 AM
At this point, I'm just going to see if you people figure out where I'm going with this before I do.

And Doctor Who still isn't canon.

Also, I have no idea why Myt is the one who keeps meeting Those Two Guys (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThoseTwoGuys).

Kheldarson
06-02-2012, 03:49 AM
Kabe: *as he's sitting and just staring beyond his monitor* It's not that I don't have any ideas...
Me: It's that you have too many.
Kabe: Yes!

Mytical
06-02-2012, 04:01 AM
*nods* Exactly why I started Chaos Chronicles. Only possible way to fit all of my crazy ideas. Wish I had thought of this much sooner. The ONLY problem is challenging the players.

KabeRinnaul
06-02-2012, 04:04 AM
Chaos is neat.

Also, I'm probably too used to Shadowrun. In my experience, standard levels of player paranoia would have prevented this from happening.

Honestly, picking up the watch?

Anyway, back to typing up my IC reply...

Kheldarson
06-02-2012, 04:06 AM
It should be probably noted that he listens to the 11th Doctor's theme while writing all of this...

Mytical
06-02-2012, 04:13 AM
*laughs* Fred is a curious person (he was a private detective after all). Plus..as I said..big fan of chaos. :p

KabeRinnaul
06-02-2012, 04:24 AM
There we go. Yay chaos.

And of course I listen to Eleven's Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D-QPDGhCtM). It's epic and skirts along the edges of being completely mad.

Mytical
06-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Ok..I have to ask. With Fred's perfect memory, the flashes...something supernatural that prevents him from recalling them completely, or given time for his mind to settle again, something he could recall?

KabeRinnaul
06-02-2012, 04:33 AM
I actually forgot he had prefect memory. We'll split the difference here. Given time, each individual flash will be recalled perfectly. However, it was simply physically impossible for him to take in everything, so he might be missing details. And it will be a while before he can sort out everything he saw.

Imagine being on the inside of a sphere, the walls covered in video screens, each showing different things. However, the sphere exists in five dimensions, so square the number of screens, and then square it again. You are somehow able to see all of them at once. That's simply beyond the level these characters work at. That's beyond the level The Doctor could work at.

Chanlin
06-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Since Doyle is off in his room Ima wait until something happens before posting again. Just assume he is off sleeping or whatever. (and don't worry about forcing the issue on my part :p )

Tyg3rW01f
06-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Sorry folks.
y'all have the hideous habit of posting during the hours I'm either at work or sleeping.
Also, my interwebs was down until around 1pm EDT on 6-2-2012.

KabeRinnaul
06-03-2012, 05:38 AM
Today's random FEND fact.

"The trasportation system was originally developed in the first decade of the 20th century. It's initial trial run was set for 7 PM, June 30th, 1908, with the goal of transport from a FEND laboratory in New York City, to a remote location in Siberia. The need for equivalent mass return was unknown at the time, and the resulting explosion became known as the Tunguska Event."

Sarlon
06-03-2012, 05:39 AM
random FEND fact:

Mr Black knows so much about the promethus relic because he was there when it was formed.

Kheldarson
06-03-2012, 05:40 AM
LOL.

Nice guess, and he wishes, but no.

Sarlon
06-03-2012, 05:43 AM
no, her calling him leafer was NOT a typo.

Sarlon
06-03-2012, 05:45 AM
dangit so many on and me going to bed since I'm going out of town AGAIN tomrrow and won't be home till tuesday. I can post while I'm gone, but dang.

Sarlon
06-03-2012, 05:46 AM
good news is though is that my business plan is starting to take a really good form. I just lack the approval for the funding and we're almost all set to launch my own company.

Kheldarson
06-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Well, darn you going to bed, but good luck with the business!

Sarlon
06-03-2012, 05:49 AM
just lacking the approval of the $20k loan from the Angel's Network ^^

Kheldarson
06-03-2012, 05:51 AM
Ouch. Good luck with that.

Kheldarson
06-03-2012, 06:19 AM
Hey Myt, which scenes would Fred consider important?

Mytical
06-03-2012, 06:24 AM
Quoth - A sphere of darkness engulfs a city. Strange, misshapen near-human creatures stumbling out of holes in space. A man sitting in shadows. Black and a dark-haired woman at a grave. Cassandra and the cowboy in what seems to be the Wild West. The cowboy and the dark-haired woman holding the shadowed man at gunpoint. A dark, featureless plain of swirling reddish-gray dust. A war that seems to involve the Foundation. Again the plain of gray dust, though now with a gradual awareness of some massive form in the sky above...

Kheldarson
06-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Just making sure. It's character relevant.

Mytical
06-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Yep :). I can put it all in the IC, but figured it would be redundant. Just let me know if I should include it.

Kheldarson
06-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Nah. Worked it out.

KabeRinnaul
06-03-2012, 06:32 AM
I actually should have included one other person in the grave scene, but she wasn't around in the original. I've got an explanation for the absence, so we'll go with it as-is.

Chanlin
06-03-2012, 06:42 AM
I think you forgot the return of Cthulu Myt :p

KabeRinnaul
06-03-2012, 06:45 AM
For the record, while Doctor Who isn't canon, the Mythos just might be.

Mytical
06-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Meh Cthulu is a wimp. This is his older, bigger, stronger, and meaner brother.

Kheldarson
06-03-2012, 07:06 AM
HALLELUJAH THE FLY IS DEAD!!!!

Sorry. Needed to share. >.<

KabeRinnaul
06-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Meh Cthulu is a wimp. This is his older, bigger, stronger, and meaner brother.

The soundtrack for that plotline is probably going to wind up being The Dark And Endless Night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr89EG6cqPQ). Also the question of who's older depends on how old the Mythos creatures are, and at what point creatures have the capacity for emotion.

Mytical
06-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Hehe, I wasn't actually being serious. I honestly know very little about the elder god mythos (or great old ones, or outer gods or such), Cthulu, or its relatives. Use to know quite a bit about the norse, egyptian, greek/roman, and (very little) about some of the older Chinese legends..but almost nothing of Cthulu et al. :angel:

Kheldarson
06-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Kabe's been reading Lovecraft again. And making me watch Blink.

>.<

It's going to affect the rp, I'm sure.

Mytical
06-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Nothing wrong with that. A good portion of my ideas either come from watching tv, or dreams after watching a show.

Tyg3rW01f
06-03-2012, 09:12 PM
okay, I am putting my foot down. If Doctor Who and Torchwood are not canon and Ghostbusters is PARTIALLY canon, I REFUSE to believe that even one SYLLABLE of Lovecraft is anything even wishing to be the imaginings of the shadow of canon.
In other words, NO CTHULU.
NONE
NON
NI
NYET
NEIN

Mytical
06-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Well it is up to the Game Master, as to what is included and what is not. They also decide what is canon and not. :devil:

KabeRinnaul
06-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Oh, calm down. You should have figured out by now that the only things that are canon are the most terrifying aspects of all three. We'll get to that.

Also, for those interested in Lovecraft. (http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/index.html)

But just on lunch so can't do all that much right now.

Tyg3rW01f
06-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Okay...
Great, Mighty, Masterful, Imaginative, and Beneficent DM, your post left me believing there is little to no Ordnung to the Situation, so I had Josiah / Clark take control and try and handle the Cluster-F***.

KabeRinnaul
06-06-2012, 01:56 AM
There is structure to an extent. In part it's not apparent because once you get past their "Super Secret Agent" image, the Foundation is actually a very chaotic organization. A great deal of that is due to Black's influence. Also they're just having trouble with containing the EN due to it's nature, as you'll see by the time I finish the post. But still, I forgot to introduce the guy who was going to be in charge last time, so we'll see what happens.

Besides, if you go too far, I can always just arrange for you to meet something appropriately horrible. I haven't used a Celestial yet, after all.

"Chaos is neat" is quickly becoming this whole game's slogan.

Sarlon
06-06-2012, 02:31 AM
chaos? check!

disorder? check!

My job here is done...

- direct quote of agent Black

KabeRinnaul
06-06-2012, 03:09 AM
Try more "Chaos and disorder? It's a good thing I showed up when I did. It sounds like I'm just in time for the fun part."

Also, I forgot in the last post: Today's random FEND fact.
"In 1935, a FEND operation destroyed Miskatonic University, a center of occult research and experimentation, as well as the town surrounding it. All records of the institution were destroyed as well, leaving only a handful of references in the works of horror author H.P. Lovecraft."

Mytical
06-06-2012, 04:46 AM
Dang Fred and his naive/truthful ways. He is gonna make yet another mistake..

KabeRinnaul
06-06-2012, 05:10 AM
This reminds me of the time I was running Shadowrun and the gunbunny stopped to try and negotiate with the assault team that had just blasted their way into the safe house, because he thought there was no way I'd kill a PC.

Mytical
06-06-2012, 05:12 AM
*laughs* I have no such delusions. However, Fred thinks it important..and since everybody wants to know what is going on from his encounter of the watch...

KabeRinnaul
06-06-2012, 05:18 AM
They really shouldn't have either. When the GM spent half the last session banging his head against a book, made it quite clear you'd done something extremely stupid, and then followed it up next session with the characters receiving a literal wake-up call in the form of sniper fire and neuro-stun grenades coming through the windows... It may behoove you to assume he's playing for keeps now.

Mytical
06-06-2012, 05:23 AM
I can honestly say though many players have died, there is only one time an entire group did..and that was in one of my fantasy settings. This group had played with me many many times..and knew that I treat dragons a bit differently then most. Dragons are at the top of the food chain for mortal creatures. It takes an entire army to take them down. So what does the group of 6 level 15 players do? Decide to raid a dragons horde. *facepalm*..at least the dragon ate well for a little.

KabeRinnaul
06-06-2012, 05:42 AM
They had a simple job. Actually, it would have been childishly simple if they'd stuck to their own plan. The job? Retrieve a copy of a certain document from a small branch office of Ares Macrotechnology (an arms and electronics manufacturer). The plan? The team arranges for an electrical malfunction, and then the gunbunny and hacker go in, claiming to be a repair crew, while the mage and heavy wait outside in the getaway car. They did well on the social roles, got inside, and took an elevator down. By this point, I was trying to stress that it was in their best interests to stick to the plan, pointing out the cameras watching them. The gunbunny even waved to one.

Everything went fine downstairs. The hacker got the information, and they were on their way back out. For some reason, the gunbunny had a sudden bout of paranoia. He carefully positioned himself out of the sight of the elevator camera, and upon getting off the elevator, held the hacker up in front of him to hide his own face from the camera - notably, the same one he'd waved to before. The front desk security, seeing this behavior, decided it was questionable enough to warrant investigation, and tried to stop them in the lobby.

The gunbunny panicked, called for an emergency rescue, and started shooting as the heavy and mage blasted their way in through the front door. After fighting about half the building's security, they didn't run until they heard the sirens approaching. They headed straight back to their safehouse and went to bed, planning on calling their contact to hand over the information and get paid the next day.

And of course, that morning began with sniper fire, gas grenades, and the gunbunny being blasted out of a window with a shotgun.

Also I promise the thing I just dropped in Doyle's lap probably isn't the stone from Haunter of the Dark (http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/thehaunterofthedark.htm).

Chanlin
06-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Also I promise the thing I just dropped in Doyle's lap probably isn't the stone from Haunter of the Dark (http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/thehaunterofthedark.htm).

Why do I not find this reassuring in the least?

KabeRinnaul
06-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Why do I not find this reassuring in the least?

Don't worry, I decided it wasn't. It's a lot weirder than that. Also, chaos is still neat.

Today's addition to this game's soundtrack: Carol of the Old Ones. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ftld7Ohojg)

Mytical
06-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Sorry not feeling well lately, pains been keeping me awake last couple of days..new anti-infection medicine not sitting well..will post when I can.

Kheldarson
06-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Important thing is for you to get better. We'll be here when you're up for things ^^

Tyg3rW01f
06-08-2012, 02:32 AM
I feel old now... and ashamed of my fellow man.
I was reading the forum and one of my coworkers asked over my shoulder, "What's ALIENS?"
Never seen past Sigourney Weaver setting off the fire suppressors, but D***!!! I even knew about the xenomorph crap BEFORE I was 13!!

Kheldarson
06-08-2012, 07:09 AM
I've never seen the movie either, and I know what it is and etc.

But don't worry. I've dated myself worse by referencing Pete & Pete at a Boy Scout camp.

Tyg3rW01f
06-08-2012, 01:41 PM
O.O
you watched that Nickelodian show too?!
YAY! I'm not a zillion and one!

Jay 2K Winger
06-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Pete & Pete

O.O

ARTIE! The Strongest MAAAN... ...in the World!

Tyg3rW01f
06-08-2012, 09:16 PM
so about this EN in Atlanta... Am I correct to be afraid of a repeat of the discovery of the nest scenes in ALIEN and ALIENS?
and am I facing a drider? 'cuz that would... be not-good

KabeRinnaul
06-10-2012, 03:41 AM
O.O

That and many others. However, the most memorable still remains...

"We run, we jump, we swim and play;
We row and go on trips.
But the things that last forever;
Are our dear friendships..."

If you can continue that song, you are a child of the 90s.

so about this EN in Atlanta... Am I correct to be afraid of a repeat of the discovery of the nest scenes in ALIEN and ALIENS?
and am I facing a drider? 'cuz that would... be not-good

Nah, just a hive mind.

Also, been a bit sick. I'll be posting tomorrow. Might get one up tonight, but not sure.

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 03:41 AM
I can think it I know the song....but I can't remember the song...

SAULTE YOUR SHORTS!