PDA

View Full Version : Things we shouldn't laugh at...

Iseeyouthere
11-29-2011, 09:42 PM
...but do anyway.

Lets face it. We see something, we shouldn't laugh at it, but we do anyway... Doesn't have to be out loud. Just that quiet snicker that makes you feel guilty afterwards but you still laugh at when you think about it.

This can vary from customers you deal with at work to people you see in public. It doesn't matter what you are laughing at... if you shouldn't be, it belongs here.

My guilty laugh:
(side note: Coca-Cola are now selling cans that have Santa's Reindeer names on them)
Saw a rather over-weight man with the Coca-Cola can that said "Vixen"

AnaKhouri
11-29-2011, 10:57 PM
My friend brought her son over to play with Khan. In the course of running around like maniacs, the two boys ran smack into each other face-first. They both went down bawling (they were fine). My friend and I couldn't stop laughing, it looked like a cartoon.

Sandman
11-29-2011, 10:59 PM
When I found out a professor had to have open heart surgery (effectively cancelling the class). It was the 2nd class that had to be cancelled in the same semester.

Laund-o-rama Mama
11-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Oh man I am like the queen of inappropriate laughter. Usually whenever I have to give bad news to anyone. About anything. The more devastating, the worse the giggles. WHAT IS THAT I DON'T EVEN

ApolloSZ
11-30-2011, 03:05 AM
I've only seen this kind of thing once, but I laughed my ass off. Jerk was jeering and pulling fingers at my friend across a road from him while jogging.

Problem.... he didn't watch for that Lamp-post that jumped infront of him. XD

Impressive faceplants seem to give me the chuckles too. And I mentally hear "Face, meet ground. Ground, Face."

Food Lady
11-30-2011, 03:50 AM
My friend brought her son over to play with Khan. In the course of running around like maniacs, the two boys ran smack into each other face-first. They both went down bawling (they were fine). My friend and I couldn't stop laughing, it looked like a cartoon. Haha! *snort* Too bad you didn't catch it on video.

Mishi
11-30-2011, 08:03 AM
Rugz saying to Jazzy in the middle of the supermarket "No sweetheat, you have too many balls already." He didn't even snicker!

dalesys
11-30-2011, 02:07 PM
My little sister (8) with baby brother on her shoulders getting repeatedly butted and knocked down by our ram. She'd get up, take a few steps, and get bunted back into next week.:roll: It's been 45 years and she was complaining about it at Thanksgiving.

candyshopgirl
11-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Any of the jackass movies..... I don't know I feel like as a girl I shouldn't find this crap funny.

RecoveringKinkoid
11-30-2011, 03:01 PM
When my daughter was four or five, she fell into the toilet while in a fit of rage.

I laughed so hard (not in front of her) that I was sore the next morning.

Seraph
11-30-2011, 03:04 PM
When my daughter was four or five, she fell into the toilet while in a fit of rage.

I laughed so hard (not in front of her) that I was sore the next morning.

Toilets have a tendency to eat children more than you'd think, LOL.

My daughter was so sleepy she forgot which bathroom she was in (one has a BIG toilet, the other has a more kid-friendly one), and she fell straight in. Poor thing was half out of it, wondering why she was wet, and couldn't move. Mommy did not help things because she fell on the floor, she was laughing so hard.

TawnyMyst
11-30-2011, 03:15 PM
My two year old niece getting tired off playing with her uncle who was tickling her, turning around and telling him to " just f**k off".

telecom_goddess
11-30-2011, 08:12 PM
My now 18 year old daughter, when she was 2, fell into some bushes. It was sorta funny until she got mad and said "it's not funny!!" THAT made it hilarious.

dragon_wings
11-30-2011, 10:13 PM
My now 18 year old daughter, when she was 2, fell into some bushes. It was sorta funny until she got mad and said "it's not funny!!" THAT made it hilarious.

It always makes it funnier when they say 'it's not funny!'. Always.

RecoveringKinkoid
11-30-2011, 11:14 PM
When my niece was about two and a half or so, she kicked my husband's brother (her daddy) in the balls hard enough to incapacitate him.

It wouldn't have been so funny except that his wife had told him to stop with the roughhousing something like three times.

He learned why that day.

Probably a pair of pee stains on my Mother in law's couch where me and my sister in law were sitting.

Mishi
12-01-2011, 01:12 AM
@RK: Jazzy had a toilet-fall while angry as well... but she fell OFF it and ended up caught between the wall and the toilet. It was pretty impressive and I couldn't help but laugh at her while helping her back up. The poor girl had her feet waving over her head and floofy petticoats everywhere.

I was told that someone is spreading rumours about how racist I am. My reaction - :roll: I was laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe!

FuzzyKitten99
12-01-2011, 03:06 AM
My 5yo has an impressive grasp of cuss words. I don't allow it of course-he knows better, but the fact he uses them correctly when he thinks I am out of earshot makes me laugh so hard, I have to stuff my face in a pillow or something.

I think the funniest thing I heard him say (in his 5yo child's voice) to his older brother is "Stop it Nathan, you're pissing me off!"

FuzzyKitten99
12-01-2011, 04:20 AM
This is a video of my two boys fighting this past summer.

http://youtu.be/VhiwoOfRWsQ

:roll:

Fire_on_High
12-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I admit, I'm sociopathic enough not to feel very guilty at all when it's people stuff...but the cats, oh gods the cats.

Let's see...there was the time one of the cats tried to jump up onto the toilet, landed kinda funny and the seat sheared completely off giving him a dunking...various falls and missteps, never serious, but they always get the "I MEANT to do that!" look that completely cracks me up.

telecom_goddess
12-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Oh I have a kitten falling in the toilet story....years ago I had an orange striped tabby kitten who loved to race into the bathroom and jump on the toilet. Normally the lid is down. Well for one reason or another it was up on a day he decided to come racing in the bathroom and jump on the toilet. *splash!* and one wet kitten leaping right back out of the toilet and streaking through the house mad was one of the funniest things I ever saw.

FormerCallingCardRep
12-01-2011, 04:49 PM
My Fuzzy Wuzzy cat trying to jump up onto the barstool and totally missing and falling to the floor.

Food Lady
12-02-2011, 05:37 AM
t_g: I didn't even see that and I am laughing hysterically at the mental picture of the kitten.

Tanasi
12-02-2011, 09:12 PM
When my youngest daughter was in first grade she despretly wanted it to snow so they could get out of school. In her 6yo mind that was be all end all. So one week the weather threatened all week but never produced a flake, lo-and-behold on Friday night/Saturday morning about 5 inches accumulated. I went running into her room shouting "Wake up, wake up it snowed and there's no school!!!!" She jumped up started squeeling and jumping around she was so happy. She ran to her siblings rooms to wake them up, "It snowed and there's no school." The happiness was dripping from the ceiling, right up to the point my oldest son remembered it was Saturday. The happiness quickly evaporated, my youngest just stood there with a look of betrayl, confusion and sadness on her face. I started horse laughing them and that's when the dam broke, my youngest just started wailing at the top of her lungs, those long someone stepped on my puppy wails. I then reminded her that they could still go play but she said "It's not the same" and kept wailing.
Finally after 10 minutes of this she hid under her bed and put both or her thumbs in her mouth and refused to even look outside much less go outside. Even to this day that memory illicits chuckles and dirty looks.

telecom_goddess
12-02-2011, 10:07 PM
t_g: I didn't even see that and I am laughing hysterically at the mental picture of the kitten.

It was awesome.....boy was that kitten pissed off too :D

dalesys
12-03-2011, 12:35 AM
... My sister slamming her hand in the bedroom door ...

I was talking to my mom in my parents room when my oldest sister (about 15) stormed into the room, madder than forty hops, ranted and raved for a few minutes and charged out the other door, slamming it as hard as she could... only the slam was rather muffled.

We looked at the door frame and saw fingers... which rapidly disappeared...

Mom & I sat there for the next five minutes stifling ourselves... If we'd made the slightest sound, my sister would have come back and killed us!:roll:

Antisocial_Worker
12-03-2011, 01:50 AM
2 things:

1 -- My brother waking up from a dead sleep one day (he worked nights) because he felt a... fluttering... on his chest. He opened his eyes to find one of our cats disemboweling a bird on his chest.

2 -- In fourth grade, someone on the playground kicked a ball that went w-a-a-a-a-a-a-y up in the air and came down directly on top of the our teacher's head. I got in trouble for laughing at that one.

Fire_on_High
12-03-2011, 01:52 AM
2 things:

1 -- My brother waking up from a dead sleep one day (he worked nights) because he felt a... fluttering... on his chest. He opened his eyes to find one of our cats disemboweling a bird on his chest.

That has to be the worst...because if you scold the cat for it, she'll take it as saying her gift was insufficient and try to bring you a better one!

Seshat
12-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Elderly Cat - whose body and memory are both failing her, unfortunately - coming out of the bathroom wet and pissed off.

She tried to join Anna in the shower. Why? We have no idea. She loves to sit on the shower-bench (a disability tool that lets me sit when I shower) and drink bathwater and be with a human who's having a bath. For some reason, she decided she'd be with Anna while she showered.

Elderly Cat falling into the bath. For fifteen years, she's been the essence of coordination and able to safely balance on the side of the bath, or now the shower-bench, and lap up bathwater/be with humans. Now? She can't so much anymore.

Elderly Cat falling off things and doing that 'I meant to do that' cat look.

(It's sad, really sad, to watch her body failing her like this. But she makes it so FUNNY!)

Sonoma
12-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Two kitty stories:
1. My sister was visiting from California, and she had brought her Persian cat, Sebastian with her. Sebastian was on the back of the couch ( a curved sectional, placed in the corner of the family room). He was watching a spider on the wall, lept up toget the spider, and face-planted the wall. Of course, he was on the curved section of the sectional, so he fell all the way to the floor.

2. My cat, Casey, when he was just a kitten (less than a year old). He went flying into the bathroom for who-knows-what reason. The bathtub in my apartment drained very, very slowly, and I had just gotten out of the shower. There were about 3-4" of water in the tub, and he landed right in the middle of it. I had to fish this dripping wet, miserable kitten out, all the while trying not to laugh too hard at him. That was bad enough, but he did the same thing 2-3 days later! :roll:

TawnyMyst
12-05-2011, 09:06 PM
My nephew was helping mom change his little sisters diaper, she pissed on him while the diaper was off, so he retaliated. His excuse "she peed on me first". So glad I was on the phone when sis-in-law told me the story.

AnaKhouri
12-06-2011, 12:13 AM
I shouldn't have laughed, but only to stop from encouraging him because we can't afford another Nativity set.

Me: "Why did the Wise Men go to Bethlehem?"

Khan: "To fight!"

Me: "That's not quite-"

Khan: "TYRANNOSAURUS REX FIGHTS WISE MEN!" >destroys Nativity set<

Rine
12-06-2011, 05:06 AM
My sister had one of those mini marshmellows and she was being a complete dork - she was balancing it on her tongue and then she sucked it into her mouth...and started choking. I should have helped her but I was laughing too hard. She was fine though it took her a moment to stop choking because she was laughing too. :lol:

I watched my cat faceplant against the driver's side window of my car the other day. He was trying to get into the car but didn't realize that I put the window up for once. Poor cat. He even readied himself on ground for the jump by crouching low and shaking his body. :roll:

fireheart
12-06-2011, 12:47 PM
I shouldn't have laughed, but only to stop from encouraging him because we can't afford another Nativity set.

Me: "Why did the Wise Men go to Bethlehem?"

Khan: "To fight!"

Me: "That's not quite-"

Khan: "TYRANNOSAURUS REX FIGHTS WISE MEN!" >destroys Nativity set<

:roll: I would've laughed at that as well....if only it worked that way! :lol:

And since I'm quoting you, AnaKhouri, the thread where you pointed out Khan's baking adventures, I probably shouldn't have laughed at your misfortune, but the mental image of a 2-year-old dumping cocoa on the floor and announcing he was making brownies is funny as anything :roll:

One I can remember from my mum was when I was kids, she was friends with the mum of one of the kids in my class. I did not particularly like said kid. One day the kid challenged me to a race going from the width of the netball court, to the width of the basketball court and back. I cheated, touched the end of hte netball court (so about halfway) and ran back (he was almost at the end of the basketball court). Mum didn't like me cheating, but she was :lol:ing at me.

ShadowBall
12-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I remember once my friend and I were at Subway and I inhaled a little piece of a hot pepper and started to choke. He was laughing his ass off as I was trying to find something to drink. It's funny now, but I gave him an earful about it when I could breathe again.

Any time I see my cats catching mice. Sometimes we get mice in the basement and my two male cats will be on the prowl (which is especially funny because they're both lard asses and just do not look like stealthy hunters). Every time my older male cat has one, he'll sit there holding it in his mouth with a look on his face like, "Okay I got it. What do I do now?" I feel bad for the mice because they usually are badly injured, but my cats' expressions are just so funny. Once this same cat found a fucking Hulk-mouse that looked more like a gerbil and he was so proud of himself, but didn't know what to do with it once he had it.

dalesys
12-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Every time my older male cat has one, he'll sit there holding it in his mouth with a look on his face like, "Okay I got it. What do I do now?"
DON'T tell him: "The funny taste is because it's never bathed.":devil:

fireheart
12-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Another one I remember. Bit of background here: my boyfriend's sister is my age (21) and she has an intellectual disability among other things. She's semi-independent (i.e. she has a job, she goes out to activities with other people etc.).

One afternoon I came up to my boyfriend's house for the weekend. I went to have a chat with his mum while my boyfriend played with the family's 2 dogs. His sister bursts in, takes one look at me and screams "OH MY GOD YOU HAVE BOOBS!" (I was wearing a low-cut top at the time)

Boyfriend's mum and I are just trying not to laugh, but we couldn't help it.

BeenThereDoneThat
12-07-2011, 05:18 AM
Here's an oldie but a goodie. Years ago I had a live plant on top of the fridge but it wasn't doing very well (most of my plants don't) so it had lots of dead leaves on it. Hubby and I were standing around the fridge when suddenly one of the leaves fell off and fluttered past me. I let out a relatively small scream and jumped back because I thought it was a big bug or something...but what was really funny was how my poor unsuspecting husband started jumping around and yelling like it really WAS a big bug and had fallen on his head!! I very quickly realized it was just a leaf and said oh....sorry.... :roll: But I was totally laughing at him!! (To be fair, he deserves it, he's totally not against laughing at others' misfortune sometimes...)

Jester
12-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Last January, my two sisters and I all gathered at our parents' house in Phoenix, the first time the five of us had been together since Lil Sis's wedding in seven years. All three of us siblings are football fans, and planned to watch the NFL playoffs at a local bar. Since we all are drinkers as well, the plan was to have Stepdad drive us to the bar and pick us up after the games, so we could all drink and enjoy ourselves.* On the drive over, for some reason on some subject, Lil Sis (riding shotgun) started getting argumentative, and The Witch and I (sitting in the back seat) pointed out her argumentativeness, and were chuckling slightly about it. At which point Lil Sis got all defensive, and went nuts arguing that she was not, in fact, argumentative. Which, naturally, sent The Witch and I into hysterics, and caused Stepdad to laugh too, though he tried to keep his laughter under his breath, since he knew it couldn't help. Not that it would have mattered, though....The Witch's and my hysterics made Lil Sis even madder, and she argued that much more vehemently, causing even more laughter from the backseat. Basically, a vicious cycle, with Lil Sis as the unwitting victim. She never does learn on this point, actually. :lol:

Without question, though, my worst Laughing When I Shouldn't Be Laughing moment was at my father's funeral. I was 10, and nervous laughter just threatened to overtake me at many moments, and I had to fight it off. It was....weird.

Every time my older male cat has one, he'll sit there holding it in his mouth with a look on his face like, "Okay I got it. What do I do now?"

My first cat Gibson had no such problem. One time, I was sitting there on the couch in the living room, and Gibby comes strolling in with a dead bird in his mouth. He plops it down in front of me and looks up, proud as all get out of his hunting prowess. I started to scold him, and it came out something like this: "Gibby, you.....you normal cat." I mean, what could I say to him? He was following his normal instincts.

Taking my non-reaction reaction as approval, he proceeded to TEAR THAT BIRD APART, leaving nothing but feathers and bones on the living room floor for me to sweep up later. I couldn't help but laugh, not at Gibson, but at my reaction to him.

*EDITED TO ADD THE FOOTNOTE I FORGOT TO ADD EARLIER: The parents live in the northwest suburbs of Phoenix, and I really don't know much about that area, being an East Valley guy. However, my sisters put me in charge of finding the best place near the folks' house to watch the games. So, after having done some research and expressing some dissatisfaction with the available options, someone, probably Lil Sis, suggested the idea of just buying a couple cases of beer and watching the games at the parents' house. To which I pointed out that it might be nice to give Mom, who Does Not Drink and who Likes Quiet, a break from her three loud children while they were drinking and yelling at the tv for six or so hours during football games.

My logic was irrefutable, and that idea died instantly. :lol:

Akasa
12-07-2011, 11:27 PM
About 15 years ago I had a house fire and my cat was trapped inside. She was hit on the head by falling debris and knocked unconscious. She .survived, but she suffered brain damage from it. She was never graceful and she had spots where she couldn't see. I'd be playing with a string in front of her and she'd crouch down to pounce and I'd move the string to a side and she wouldn't see it move.

What really set me off with giggles was her jumping over puddles. She was so clumsy it was funny.