PDA

View Full Version : Well, not sure how to get her *that* for Christmas...

Seraph
12-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Went to Gamestop a couple of days ago to shop for Christmas gifts for the kids. (Managed to buy a really cheap pink DS off Craigslist, figured we'd get the 5 year old a couple of games and start teaching her about taking care of stuff, and how to play video games).

Well, those stores also tend to have huge televisions on the wall that play trailers. And right now, particularly trailers of Skyrim.

My daughter freaked OUT when she saw one. Danced and cheered in the middle of the store, and then, at a very, very loud volume, started begging us to let her "go to Skyrim for Christmas". When I said that I didn't think we could do that, she got upset, and said she'd ask Santa, because she wanted to "go to Skyrim, and punch bears and dragons in the face."

Needless to say, the employees at the store heard every word, and were cracking up. :roll:

Greenday
12-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Well, usually it just takes some drugs to produce a "trip" of that kind of variety but I wouldn't suggest it, especially on a kid.

MaggieTheCat
12-20-2011, 01:00 PM
You could take her to a renaissance festival. :D Although you'd have to make sure she understands not to punch anyone... :roll:

She sounds super adorable and hilarious.

fireheart
12-20-2011, 01:41 PM
:lol: The nerd is strong with that one.

DS Lite or DSi? (just curious)

There's some cute games out there for a 5-year-old as well.

Seraph
12-20-2011, 02:01 PM
You could take her to a renaissance festival. :D Although you'd have to make sure she understands not to punch anyone... :roll:

I don't know if I can trust her to not do it, even if I told her, LOL.

thansal
12-20-2011, 03:12 PM
You have trainer her well :D

That's getting copied and pasted to one of my Friends that loves TeS games, she will probably end up giggling uncontrollably at work :P

Crossbow
12-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Well, when she turns 6 (I think it's 6 for most areas, anyway), she'll be old enough for SCA Youth Combat. Might want to check to see where your nearest group is and if they have a youth combat group...

Squeaksmyalias
12-20-2011, 08:41 PM
I don't know if I can trust her to not do it, even if I told her, LOL.

Go to a faire that has a boffer fighting area. Let her take out her need to whack someone with a person who is a pro at getting hit by kids. :lol:
*warning hilarious visual ahead, if you are drinking, well... its not my fault. :D*
My home faire has one, it is AWESOME, we get little ones just like that. Watching grown men getting chased by little girls dressed in frilly pink princess dresses, boffer sword held high over their heads, yelling like a tiny berserker, is possibly the best thing ever. :roll:

fireheart
12-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Go to a faire that has a boffer fighting area. Let her take out her need to whack someone with a person who is a pro at getting hit by kids. :lol:
*warning hilarious visual ahead, if you are drinking, well... its not my fault. :D*
My home faire has one, it is AWESOME, we get little ones just like that. Watching grown men getting chased by little girls dressed in frilly pink princess dresses, boffer sword held high over their heads, yelling like a tiny berserker, is possibly the best thing ever. :roll:

I think my medieval fair needs one of those. One of the guys from our interstate sister group would be great for that. :lol:

Seraph
12-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Ogod. This came up again today. She asked again about Skyrim, and I jokingly said, "Well, you have to prove you're my daughter before I can take you there!"

Famous last words.

...She may or may not have charged down the hallway at her sister and yelled "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! YOU BE EXTERMINATED!" And then bowled her over before I could stop her, stood over her, and said "Owned!"

My kid....has problems.....

I ought to youtube the little bugger and make millions off of this now before she realizes what she's doing. :rofl:

Elspeth
12-22-2011, 06:43 PM
The geek/nerd is strong with this one!! I love it. More girls need to be like this.

I think your daughter is perfectly normal, says the 35 year old with a Perry hat.

Seraph
12-22-2011, 07:04 PM
The geek/nerd is strong with this one!! I love it. More girls need to be like this.

I think your daughter is perfectly normal, says the 35 year old with a Perry hat.

The geek is so insanely strong with her its scary, LOL. It drives a lot of our extended family nuts, but honestly....I'm so darned proud of her. She's like a little condensed version of us.

We used to joke that she was going to grow up living and breathing nerdity. When she was a month or so old, we discovered that putting on Star Trek: TNG would help her calm down and fall asleep. I still remember my husband poofing up and just about strutting around crowing about it. XD

AnaKhouri
12-22-2011, 09:54 PM
That's so cool! Good for her.

We are also trying to bring up Khan in the Way of the Geek. He already is nuts about superheros and has both a Jayne hat and a Doctor Who scarf, so we're off to a good start. :p

Seraph
12-22-2011, 11:56 PM
That's so cool! Good for her.

We are also trying to bring up Khan in the Way of the Geek. He already is nuts about superheros and has both a Jayne hat and a Doctor Who scarf, so we're off to a good start. :p

That. Is. AWESOME!!!!

Also, liddle video we took of my daughter Fus Ro Dah'ing her daddy. Leaf piles were meant to be used this way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5haGaTjh3Y

42_42_42
12-23-2011, 02:18 AM
Do you have a Medieval Times any where near you? She'd LOVE it and you just *might* be able to convince her she's having dinner in Skyrim....

fireheart
12-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Hell, bring her down to Australia and to the Gumeracha fair. We have a feast :lol:

Seraph
12-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Do you have a Medieval Times any where near you? She'd LOVE it and you just *might* be able to convince her she's having dinner in Skyrim....

Unfortunately not. Totally gives me ideas though!

CalyCoRose
12-24-2011, 01:36 AM

I took my Clementine to a Medieval Times once. She was convinced the knights on horses were actually Power Rangers. XD We also got her a wooden sword (she didn't want the fairy wands or nothing). She named her sword Billy. (At the time she was really into playing Sonic and the Black Knight, and Sonic's sword was named, so why not hers?).

Yeah, aren't kids, especially nerdy kids, awesome? :roll:

fireheart
12-24-2011, 02:33 AM
I took my Clementine to a Medieval Times once. She was convinced the knights on horses were actually Power Rangers. XD We also got her a wooden sword (she didn't want the fairy wands or nothing). She named her sword Billy. (At the time she was really into playing Sonic and the Black Knight, and Sonic's sword was named, so why not hers?).

Yeah, aren't kids, especially nerdy kids, awesome? :roll:

One of the members of my Viking group has a 3-year-old. Said 3-year-old has a little wooden sword. She loves it :D.

Also, I can totally see Medival Power Rangers. (The Mystical Knights of Tir Nan Og do not count)

We'd have the Red Celtic Ranger, the Blue Viking Ranger.....

Barracuda
12-24-2011, 04:41 AM
If she waits 30 years, they may have VR technology good enough to accommodate her request....then again, maybe not.