PDA

View Full Version : Annual Holiday Loot Report

ralerin
12-25-2011, 11:45 AM
(not sure if this is a double post, please combine if it is, but I don't see a similar thread).

What did you receive for your annual holiday celebration on or near the winter solstice? I haven't opened my main Christmas presents yet, but last night I got:

-A bag of cosmetics, like eyeshadow, foundation, etc (all the girl cousins got one)

-Meditation chimes (a regift, but I'm excited, because I wanted chimes for my altar)

-Money!

-A mini purse, big enough for your wallet and a phone

-Secret Santa got me post it notes and some pens, which is also something I can use

This morning, I got:

-A nightgown

-A hair care set (Regis Designline Vivid Satin)

-More money

-$15 itunes card

-My stocking stuffers that I bought myself. Organic lip balm, soy free white chocolate, lollipop, gummies, mint sticks, nuts and sunflower seeds.

fireheart
12-25-2011, 11:52 AM
My loot so far:

-500GB hard drive! (needed this BADLY cause I was sick of having to delete movies every time I ran out of space)
-HUGE-ass sling bag (my sister and I both prefer sling bags but the one she gave me is MASSIVE. My old one was about half the size of this one!)
-Super Mario 64 DS.
-DVD Boxset (Season 2 of Rush)
-Snowman ornament.
-A REALLY awesome kimono/gown type thing. It FITS me and it's amazing!
-A mobile phone cover from my neighbour.
-Cookies and a plate for my glory box.
-A bookmark that looks like someone squashed flat :lol:
-Cookies and a small bowl. (also for the glory box)
-A lavender-scented bath and body set. (this actually DOES smell nice, not too artificial)
-MOAR cookies.
-Chocolates.

ETA: It seems to be turning into a tradition with the women in the family, as it turns out that my cousins ALSO have glory boxes. :lol: My youngest cousins (who are roughly a year and a half older than me) are also getting stuff for THEIR glory boxes, or more practical stuff.

The last three items on the list were from my boyfriend's family (no joke-it wasn't just from my boyfriend's parents, it was also from my boyfriend's GRANDPA, who I've only met once :lol:). My boyfriend received chocolates from my aunty and the bowl and plate were for both of us (from my grandma and other aunty)

Linda
12-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Scarf and Gloves - my brother has finally got some taste after getting a serious girlfriend!
Big Bang Theory DVDs from my other brother
Chocolate
Perfume / general smellies
Ed Hardy bag
A whizzy D-SLR camera :D

MaggieTheCat
12-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Let's see...

From our gaming group, so far we have received a Harrow Deck (an accessory for the Pathfinder RPG) and a hand-drawn picture of one of our cats, which is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE. <3

My husband and I each opened 1 gift yesterday, and he got me a book called Creating Lifelike Animals with Polymer Clay, which is awesome since I work with polymer clay a lot and do a lot of sculpting. :) I haven't read it in detail yet but I flipped through it and read some of the tips & techniques that are listed in it, and it's pretty informative.

fireheart
12-25-2011, 12:09 PM
My grandma and my auntie both received a photo of my little second cousin Joshua having his first visit with Santa. SO adorable :lol:

We had a little visit from him this arvo. He decided that he HAD to open up every door in the house, until his mummy (my cousin) put a stop to that. He then received a Wiggles sing-along guitar and spent the rest of the afternoon playing with that :D (he's 2)

Cat
12-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Well, I'm not opening from my 'rents and brother til tonight, bit I already know its giftcards (from them rents) and random junk my brother found, lol.

From my friends:
a bracelet with my name
fuzzy socks
pumpkin scone mix
a lil wooden kitty

From the bf:
a tin whistle ( and yes, I will learn it)
mini speaker for my iPod
a triquetra necklace
a snow leopard plush (just started collecting these)

I got him: Skyrim (with the understanding I have slight co-ownership), a fife, a Steve Jobs book, and a Penguin Encounter at Mystic Aquarium :):) (his bday in in Jan)

Salted Grump
12-25-2011, 01:44 PM
-Five Plug-in Air Fresheners.

-A book on 'How to Sweep'

-One cineplex 'night out' coupon, which is good for 2 tickets, 2 drinks and 1 popcorn.

-A clear plastic bag with a loofah, scrubbing brush, and emery board.

-A broom.

I got my family, in no particular order;

Skyrim (older brother)

Singularity (Younger Brother)

A floral-themed calendar (grandmother)

A dozen white roses, and a coupon for a 75-dollar arrangement (mom)

Midnight12
12-25-2011, 02:31 PM
uhm. lets see, its a geek christmas. for myself and lisa:
dr who season 5 and 6
ALOT of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic figurines and collectibles
ALSO thunder cats figurines and the thunder tank, the reboot version
lots of books for lisa,
talking my little pony twilight sparkle that reads from her books
galoshes
pinky pie tree ornament
veggie tales dvds
season one and two of shaun the sheep
and mooooaaaar plushies

Kara
12-25-2011, 02:49 PM
From my family:

A cookware set
2 tea samplers
A Nintendo 3DS with Mario 3D Land
A $40 JCPenney Gift Card

From my friends:

A Japanese Cherry Blossom gift set from Bath & Body Works (thanks BE!)
A rearview mirror charm from my bestie at work
A bunch of tea from another coworker
A cute lil watch

Amusement Gal
12-25-2011, 03:08 PM
My current haul so far:

-A lightbox, with lights, and extra colored backgrounds!
-A Tripod
-Shiny watercolor paints :D
-Watercolor paper pad
-Paintbrushes
-Pliers
-Comfy Pajamas (that aren't ugly! :love: )
-Mini donut maker
-Leather jewelry display
-Sonic Generations
-Michael's Giftcard
-Walmart Giftcard
-All natural body spray which DOESN'T let me break out in hives <3 Also has caffeine in it.
-Socks (which I asked for, mind you :P)
-A whole boat-full of chocolate, of course.
-A lower end video camera that I won't use and gave to my boyfriend to monkey around with. Also: hey, free SD card for my camera! That's about it. And a hundred dollar check that if I hadn't deposited it that day, would have bounced. :rolleyes: Gotta love parents like that.

This is before I go to the other side of the family, though (split parents on his side), so I'm sure I'm going to get a couple more things, but mostly bath sets that will give me hives, $50, and pajamas that look horrible and mismatched. Going to be surprised if it's anything else. No expectations for a family that doesn't really know me...

Boyfriend got:

-3DS (courtesy of Moi and his mother :angel: He thought we couldn't afford it, so the surprise was nice!)
-Ocarina of Time for the DS
-The Chive shirt and posters
-Moar video games
-Jim Carrey movie bundle set
-Tons of sweaters (which he pulls off very well. ;) )
-More stuff that I can't remember because he has too many friends. :lol:

Mostly just bragging that I surprised him. :D Because the whole time this December he was talking about how he was going to buy a 3DS after taxes came in. It was really hard to keep a straight face!

Becks
12-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Lizziebeff and the MOTH seem to be sleeping in, so nothing's going on here yet.

From my secret Santa at work I got a winter hat and a scarf and glove/mittens set.

From my manager's grab bag, I got a little bottle of cherry blossom body spray.

ralerin
12-25-2011, 03:42 PM
From the bf:
a tin whistle ( and yes, I will learn it)
mini speaker for my iPod
a triquetra necklace
a snow leopard plush (just started collecting these)

I got him: Skyrim (with the understanding I have slight co-ownership), a fife, a Steve Jobs book, and a Penguin Encounter at Mystic Aquarium :):) (his bday in in Jan)

Your boyfriend sounds awesome. Also, oooooooh! A fife!

uhm. lets see, its a geek christmas. for myself and lisa:

ALOT of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic figurines and collectibles
talking my little pony twilight sparkle that reads from her books

What figures and WHERE did you find the talking Twilight? I WANT!

CloserToSane
12-25-2011, 03:54 PM
toiletries from varius relatives.
365 days of star wars book from my cousin
Lion king dvd
Phantom of the opera at RAH dvd
Scarf, hat, gloves, socks
Booze
Chocolate
Bag
Handbag
Money from my parents (towards a tv, and they paid off my laptop).
An abacus

sms001
12-25-2011, 04:18 PM
TWO Discworld DVDs - Wyrd Sisters (One of my fav reads.) and Soul Music.

A MST3K set, INCLUDING a little Gypsy figurine.

My wife is awesome piled on awesome.

Lindsey
12-25-2011, 04:40 PM
My boyfriend and I exchanged gifts over Thanksgiving instead of Christmas this year, but he got me The Sims 3 Pets and I got him Skyrim. We went to Game Stop together and picked out gifts on the spot together. It was fun and we got to play together before we had to separate for winter break.

From my parents:

- Hat, gloves and scarf set
- Plaid button-up shirt
- Fuzzy socks
- Wolfgang's Coconut Treats
- Diner Dash games 3-pack
- The Sims Medieval
- 2 mini lotions and a body cream from Bath & Body Works (mango, coconut and honey)
- Yogurt and honey shower gel and a bath pouf

I gave my mom the new Stephen King book (we're both fans) and my dad the latest season of Smallville on DVD.

From my little sister:

- Season 3 of What's Happening!! (kind of a joke gift, we watched it together)

I gave her a fleece Justin Bieber blanket.

I didn't get anything from my younger brothers, but I got my 13 year old brother GTA 4 for Xbox 360 with extra downloadable content and my 17 year old brother a copy of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for PC (we used to play together when we were kids and he's recently been getting back into old games from years ago, so it was a nostalgia gift).

From my older sister and brother-in-law:

- $25 gift card to Game Stop (for the boyfriend, he wasn't here to receive it)
- Fuzzy green blanket (we refer to this particular type of blanket as a "crack blanket" because they're so fuzzy that touching them is addictive)
- 2 derpy puppy mugs with 2 packets of instant hot chocolate

I gave my sister a handmade soy latte candle, my brother-in-law a gift card to Sears, my niece Justin Bieber pajamas and my nephew a gift card to Game Stop.

From my two best friends at school:

- Fair trade chai tea
- A kitty bookmark
- 2 fair trade chocolate bars, which were technically for the boyfriend but he shared with me because he's awesome.

My boyfriend and I gave them Giant Molecules, specifically an HIV plushie and rabies. :)

XCashier
12-25-2011, 04:42 PM
I got:
A book about David Bowie
A Rock Trivia book
Two Grateful Dead CDs (Grateful Dead and Very Best Of) http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0066.gif
Barnes & Noble gift card
Baileys-filled chocolates :D

BookstoreEscapee
12-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Gift cards for B&N and Target
DVD/BluRay player and the HDMI cable to go with it
Cute Overload page-a-day calendar (which I bought myself and gave to my mom to give me)
a box of gourmet flavored hot chocolate mixes
a lavender-scented microwaveable neck wrap shaped like a leopard (very soft and cuddly)
a massage pillow
a lemon-scented computer screen cleaner shaped like a bunny
a pink Snuggie...
giant candy buttons (those strips of paper with the little drops of colored sugar candy on them; these are about 1/2 inch across)
um...a bunch of other little stuffs I can't think off the top of my head right now

MaggieTheCat
12-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Got the rest of my loot from my hubby. :)

-2 t-shirts (a totoro shirt and a baking cat shirt -- sooooo cute!)
-a set of 4 ceramic ramekins
-a pound of dice
-Minotaurus (a lego game that I've been eyeing up for a while)
-Might & Magic Heroes VI (when did they change it to "Might and Magic Heroes" instead of "Heroes of Might & Magic"?)
-a set of chocolate dice! Although they're not ready yet, apparently they are available for pre-order and will be available in March

We also got some stuff from my parents, notably:

-a pasta roller attachment for our Kitchen Aid mixer
-the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook (which is super awesome)
-a wall hanging of cats that my mom made
-a wooden scrollsaw picture of a cat that my dad made

PhiSigGirl1988
12-25-2011, 05:41 PM
From friends (so far):
-Scarf and glove set
-Candle
-Kitten calendar
-Hello Kitty blanket

From parents:
-Hello Kitty Pez dispenser
-Godiva chocolate pretzels
-Razor blades
-Clothes, clothes, and more clothes (all that I picked out, except for the Hello Kitty knee-high socks my mom found for me)
-Two pairs of boots (one grey, one black)
-The Lion King on BluRay/DVD combo pack :)
-Two $15 iTunes gift cards

For parents:
-Blue fuzzy boot slippers (for my mom, since she needed a new pair of slippers)
-New wallet (for my dad)

And I'd say what I got for my friends, but there's way too much, including some NSFW stuff.

BlaqueKatt
12-25-2011, 05:47 PM
I got a whopping....nothing....yay me!

the "family gift" from my inlaws*....all stuff for my husband...they didn't even try....:cry:

*hubs family draws names for families as none of the "kids" are single and it's easier to get for an entire family, one gift for each person-ours was a bunch of stuff for him, nothing even remotely for me.....

DGoddessChardonnay
12-25-2011, 06:06 PM
My haul actually came a bit early:

From Mom I got more good stuff on DVD:

The Help (if you haven't seen this one yet, it's good. I rank this right up there w/Fried Green Tomatoes.:D)

Blue Bloods - Season 1

Bullitt

From my Dad and stepmom, money. :D

And the main thing I wanted for Christmas (which I got to order first of the month as soon as I came eligible to upgrade my mobile phone):

an iPhone 3GS 8GB and a pink Otter Box defender series case.:bounce::bounce:

Android Kaeli
12-25-2011, 06:16 PM
I got a decent haul this year:

-- Hat/Scarf/Gloves set
-- Kermit the Frog PJ's
-- 'A Christmas Story' and Homer Simpson boxer shorts, of which I'll be sleeping in
-- Socks to wear around the house
-- $225
-- Several pairs of earrings
-- Kitty mouse pad
-- Wireless Mouse
-- More socks to wear around the house
-- And the best gift of all: a LAPTOP!!!

I burst out crying when I got the laptop, I'm currently using it. :D

Kara
12-25-2011, 06:21 PM
*hugs* for Katt

kansasgal
12-25-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm sorry Katt; I know how that is. Daughter in law's family got them cleaning supplies.

I got:

A black shirt with peace sign
A back massager shaped like a puppy
massaging slippers
Almond Roca
Socks (warm fuzzy utterly comfortable socks)
A toaster
Brad Paisley CD
Zac Brown Band CD

(All of which I bought myself and put on layaway with the rest of the family gifts, cause I'm mom and that's the easiest way to do Christmas)

However, the kids and hubby surprised me. I also received:

A locket from younger son
CZ Necklace and Earrings in Sterling Silver from Hubby

and...

From the oldest and daughter in law, they bought me a Kindle! I was so shocked, because they never buy us anything expensive (they can't afford it, it isn't a dis on them) and they spent all of their money on me because they know I love to read. I almost cried...

fma_fanatic
12-25-2011, 06:34 PM
I got from coworkers -

A box of Russel Stover Dark Chocolates
A $25 Darden gift card
Candies and a couple of holiday themed cups

From DaDairyDruid -

Saiyuki Reload, the whole 7 dvd series (way cool since it's out of print and it is the original Geneon discs)

Rapscallion
12-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Let's see.

Underwear. Slippers (actually asked for these and got some that fit for a change). Socks. Two backs of chilli crisps. A multi tool that includes a hammer (appeals to the nerd in me). A pack of three towels.

Yes, once again I've been reminded that I'm officially old.

Rapscallion

Becks
12-25-2011, 06:39 PM
From Lizziebeff, I got The Boondock Saints on DVD (I'd seen it on a crappy bootleg copy and enjoyed it so much I wanted the real thing).

From Mommy, I got a Pizza Hut gift card, a neck and shoulder massage pillow, $25 in cash, and two minty lip balm eggs.

From the man of the household, I got a Milwaukee Brewers hoodie.

:party:

jnd4rusty
12-25-2011, 07:01 PM
We recieved some chocolate from our neighbor and a gift card from my mommy, but we did not buy each other presents and that was by choice. My neighbors found a month old kitten outside their apartment in November and gave her to us because they knew we were going to adopt. (they actually found her one day before we were sdheduled to adopt from our local shelter, talk about fate!!) Anyways we have had Kasey for one month and ten days and we are taking the money that we would have spent on each other and using that to pay the $300 pet deposit and to start her shots and to be spayed. So we are both happy!!

MoonCat
12-25-2011, 07:21 PM
We haven't opened gifts yet but here's what I got my sisters:

Sis1: Her first MP3 player. I predict a lot of time spent on the computer digging up her favorite songs on Amazon or iTunes; also socks with a garden gnome print, a towel printed with mermaids (she loves mermaids and collects them), a book called "The Secret Life of Common Birds" (is a total bird-lover and knows all kinds of stuff about them) and Farmer's Almanac Recipe Calendar (she cooks; I eat :D). We may also end up at Fashion Bug for the after-Christmas sales.

Sis2: A "writer's workshop" book (all 3 of us write so I may borrow this ;) also knee-high fleece socks and a pair of very pretty, very soft blue floral knee-high socks; NHL earmuffs (Go Sabres!); and really cute vinyl lunchbag (pale green printed with pink/red roses; it's shaped like a paper sack but made of flexible vinyl).

I went a little crazy in the bookshop the other day and picked up Kate Elliott's "Cold Magic" and "Cold Fire" for myself, plus a cute little pocket calendar. But hey...local indie bookshop, so yay!

NorthernZel
12-25-2011, 07:23 PM
We (as in I and Mr Zel) expected nothing, since it is agreed within our family that only the children in the family get presents.

However, my FIL had inherited some money he didn't expect, and he chose to share the inheritance with us and Mr Zel's brother's family. Not much, but still enough to pay out the loan we took when we needed to get a new stove. :super:

Ree
12-25-2011, 08:15 PM
From my daughter and granddaughter:
slippers
brush set
candle holder
bath stuff
body lotion
tea set
chocolate fondue set
assorted liqueur chocolates
perfume
remote control holder/organizer
socks
undies
chocolates
PJ's
memo pad with pen
assorted really cool stocking stuffers
gravy boat (funny story about that - when my husband was alive, one year he broke my favourite crystal gravy boat and every year after that, he always bought me a gravy boat for Christmas - my daughter bought it as a bit of a joke this year)

firecat88
12-25-2011, 08:24 PM
We all got pretty awesome stuff this year.

Dad

~From Mom and me, several pairs of pants and some nice shirts. He's always talking about how he doesn't have enough of either, especially the pants (several of the ones he has now are full of holes). Also from Mom, he got two tins of deluxe mixed nuts, a special kind of washcloth that's specifically for washing your face, a little bag of chocolate coins, and, for his big present, a popcorn maker.

~From my sister and brother-in-law, he got two fleece vests and a new fleece jacket (which he badly needed)

~From himself, and this was partly for him and partly for Mom, he got a new microwave-and-oven unit. It's much nicer than our old one and the microwave has a convection setting, which the old one didn't have.

Mom

~Along with the microwave-and-oven, she got a new dishwasher. She's been begging for a new one because our old one is a piece of junk that doesn't work half the time. Thus, that was one of her big presents.

~From my sister and bro-in-law, she got a new fleece jacket and some yoga socks.

~I got her the official Cake Boss cookbook that has all the recipes for the stuff they make at Carlo's Bakery.

~Now, aside from the dishwasher, one of the other things that Mom has been saying for months that she really really wants is an iPad. I think her reaction when she unwrapped one of her boxes and saw the word 'iPad' was probably my favorite part of the morning. Dad ordered it for her when no one was looking.

My Sister and Brother-in-Law

~Mom and I got my sister a new set of paints and brushes. Her old one got thrown away on accident by the clean-up crew at the place where the wedding was held.

~For my brother-in-law, I knew months ago what I wanted to get him. He's as much of a bookworm as I am, so I got him a box set of the first three Dresden Files books.

~Also, we sent to them the Precious Moments Nativity set that belonged to my sister.

Myself

There were a few things that I already knew I was getting. Along with Mom's book, I also bought myself a few books (including a new one that just came out a few months ago that was written by Kevin Sorbo) and my obligatory two calendars (An Ireland calendar for next to my computer and a Doctor Who calendar for my bedroom). I was with my mom when she got me a few new pairs of underwear and some new gloves. Also, I had a suspicion that Dad was going to get me some new sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, which he did. There were several things that I got, though, that I wasn't expecting:

~From Mom, new Skullcandy headphones that have a built-in mic, an exfoliating glove for the shower, several pillowcases, and an iHome speaker that I'm still trying to figure out how it works. Oh, and chocolate coins.

~From my sister, two beautiful 500-piece puzzle sets. Also, she got me Sims 3 Pets, which is one of the very few Sims 3 EPs that I actually want. :D

~What I got from Dad surprised me the most, though. I hadn't even been hinting that I wanted it. He got me a new TV- A hi-def one. Which, really, means that they're getting a semi-new TV outta this deal too, because I'm giving them my old one that's really not *that* old.

Kheldarson
12-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Let's see...this is Kabe's and mine first Christmas together so...I'm gonna go with that being the best thing ever.

But in terms of goodies:

My parents gave us a nativity creche (considering they pretty much paid for the wedding I was surprised they got us anything)
My brothers got us a $25 gift card to Olive Garden
My friend Dru got us Doctor Who Monopoly :D
His mom got us a PS3, Deus Ex Human Revolution, L.A. Noire, and a second controller. She gave him a drill with lots of bits. To me she gave some bath soaps and earrings and a necklace made of Connemara Marble.
His sister gave us Lost in Shadow.
My aunt Martha gave us the gift of prayer...a mass every month will be offered for us at Holy Trinity Catholic Church.
My grandfather gave us $50.
And my aunt Monica gave us some decorative towels for the kitchen that I'll definitely use next year!

Aethian
12-25-2011, 08:55 PM
I got some new lucky coins for the new year...

That's all.

Lady Legira
12-25-2011, 09:34 PM
So much stuff :eek:

40 Game card (woot more games for me)
Sims Medieval
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
Pyjamas
Notebooks
Pencils
Charcoal pencils
slippers with keyring
two badges (hello kitty & a Gaming one)
MLP Rarity
Tin of sweets
Two tins of biscuits
Three different tins/boxes of chocolates
Two Selection boxes
Doctor Who DVDs that fill the gaps in my collection
The Prisoner box set (original 60s)
Petshop of Horrors DVD (Anime of the Manga I love Yes please)
The Importance of Being Earnest (1952 version)
Star Wars Lego (Ewok Attack set)
Bath Stuff (several kinds)
Steampunk Bible (beautiful book on steampunk culture)
Steampunk stories book
Simon's Cat high ball glass
2 bracelets
Cute little hot water bottle
and a few other bit and pieces O_o

I think I did quite well... :o

Der Cute
12-25-2011, 09:54 PM
This year:
A slushie mug. You freeze part of it, pour soda/stuff into it, immediately turns liquid into a slushie.
A popcorn tin, about 18" tall.
A box of herbs/peatmoss/pots for growing indoor herbs.
A calendar of kittens
A Santa candle with lots of glitter (glitter is ebil)

For my ex,
I gave him a double batch of cookies
Eggy and I created a tile for him

For my son, Eggy
I bought an Elmo coloring book.
I made a no-sew fleece blanket for him

For the little shits (affectionate, I promise) J lives with - 3 boxes of candy. hehe.

Monica
12-25-2011, 11:49 PM
I got NCIS Season 3, 3 bags of weaving loops with a basket to keep them in, socks (which I asked for), $20-to go towards new jeans, scoops- for my flour and sugar containers, cookie sheets, and a few kitchen and bathroom odds and ends.

AriGriffin
12-26-2011, 01:23 AM
Got:

Aunt 1
a pair of pants that are too big
a bottle of red sparkling grape juice

Uncle 1
a 15 pound rock

Cousin
Rizzo the Rat (Muppet) plush

Aunt/Uncle 2
a latch-hook craft kit that I already have with a latch hook tool (I bought the one I already had 5 years ago and got tired of working on it)
For Mom/Myself- $25 gift card to Chili's/On The Border and a $25 card for a movie theater. Mom said we wouldn't use either because she hates both restaurants, can't afford gas money, and would rather watch a movie at home where she doesn't have to deal with rude people and can pause it if she needs to.

Mom
a pair of shorts
a shirt

Co-workers
$45 to help pay medical bills from earlier this month. I had a cold and strep throat (missed 4 days of work + $125 to see the doctor and get meds), an allergic reaction that gave me a rash and made my eyelids swell up, and an ear infection.

Dogs
Having to clean up poop. I gave them a biscuit this morning for Christmas. One. When Mom came to take me to my Aunt's house she gave the dogs a bunch of different treats. They have sensitive tummies. The treats gave all three dogs the runs. We were gone eight hours and all of the dogs are over 50 pounds. Mom came in, looked at it, and told me that they were my dogs and I'd have to clean up after them. It took me over an hour to get everything cleaned.

I gave:

Aunt 1
Recipe box, journal, Coke-a-Cola oven mitt, painted Coke-a-Cola Santa ornament, a unicorn tile

Uncle 1
John Grisham book, James Bond book, sticker for his 4-wheeler, a model airplane kit, an airplane ornament

Cousin
Magnetic dry erase board with colored markers, 4 nerds rope, 2012 calendar, wall stickers, a pickle ornament, books, a Charlie the Unicorn magnet

Aunt 2
Recipe box, journal, Charlie Brown ornament, 3 vintage art prints featuring different wines, a wine/cheese tile

Uncle 2
DVD about WWII planes, a model airplane kit, an airplane ornament, a can of smoked almonds

Mom
3 puzzles, a Willow Tree keepsake box, a handmade elk ornament, a penguin glass cutting board/trivet

Co-workers
Cookies, Sleds made out of candy, and handmade snowmen ornaments

SuperRTL
12-26-2011, 01:34 AM
I got:

a cookie jar that looks like a zebra print purse
socks!! I love socks, and these were pretty ones, too
colored hair extensions and feather hair extensions (my mom likes giving goofy stuff, my sil got them, too)
Gift card for groceries
CO2 container for my soda stream
2 soda stream syrup flavors
gift card for Torrid
cookies
Cookies
chocolates
walmart gift card
good witch/bad witch mug (from the bestie, who knows I collect coffee mugs and had to get it)
8 more pages for the scrapbook of my kiddos (my mom does these, I have no talent for these types of things)

dalesys
12-26-2011, 01:40 AM
I got nuthin' for Christmas. Guess I'm not presentable.:p (and I'm OK with that)

But my daughter took me out for dinner Christmas eve, after spending the day getting stoned doing stonework on her mom's new house.

Two meals worth of chicken/avacado club sandwich:D ... and she kept filching my fries... says I'm too fried as it is.:devil:

Sarlon
12-26-2011, 01:52 AM
not a big haul this year considering my TV was the big present...

47" TV
an ice dragon figure
a crazy hard puzzle
$75 in Barnes and Noble gift cards for my nook
$50 gift card to khols
$25 card to amazon
a food scrapper from my parents (been needing one for my breads)
new bras
a hand drawn dragon

Becks
12-26-2011, 02:00 AM
The news that some of my siblings were NOT coming out today...found that out 45 fucking minutes ago, after waiting most of the day because we didn't know when they were planning on getting here.

Yeah.

Cat
12-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Man, this Christmas was a long, tiring one!

Just got back from the family:

Brother got me misc things, best part was some black licorice :) I got him some Steelers goodies.

Parents got me gift cards (squee!) and some clothes/accessories that sadly do not fit.

I got my mom a faux-pandora bracelet, a book, and a CD of Irish tunes.
I got my dad some nice cooking knives and a DVD of "Planet Earth"
Got both of them a GC to a popular seafood placed with a giant lobster on the roof, :D

Edit: named the snow leopard the bf got the "Lhak-pa (wednesday's child or mercury) and the smaller one I got myself "pabu" (puffball) Good start to my new collecting obsession, ha

IDontWorkHere
12-26-2011, 02:23 AM
Not a single thing. Spent the entire day alone, and have to work tomorrow (my birthday).
Oh well.

Happy holidays anyway :-)

Bella_Vixen
12-26-2011, 05:15 AM
Got some Eos sweet mint chapstick. :love:
Socks!
A retractable mouse.

There was something else...something I can't quite remember...

Oh, yeah...a laptop!!!!!!! Thanks, Becks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elspeth
12-26-2011, 06:05 AM
No power at my Aunt & Uncles. We are having Christmas Dinner tomorrow afternoon

Was a very good Christmas :)
From the Hubby's family
A electric woodstove from the his parents
Gift cards for BN (Squee more books) from his parents
Sounders mugs from his sister and family
Sounders Gnome from his parents
and real Guniness pouring spoon, now need to learn how to use it

From my family
My parents
a jeweler saw, a thing to make domes in metal
a viking wire weaving kit
sock loom
a really cool Tron (the 1st one) that is in French (from the release at the time)
trumpet music for the hubby
shutter release that will work on the hubby's camera

my Aunt made a stunning off center jacket out of polar fleece with the most wonderful dragon buttons
Best Buy gift card for both the hubby and I
A cool low light photography book

and grandma got us all BN gift cards

Might use mine towards a Nook Tablet :)

Oh and freaking guilt from my mother in law. Guess we were under orders to get family pictures done for her for Christmas. Yeah we have barely had a moment's piece but we are suppose to get nice pictures done. I am thinking of taking pictures in front of CenturyLink Field in our Sounder stuff. I really am not happy with my Mother in Law.

blas
12-26-2011, 09:28 AM
A nice diamond necklace and Ed Hardy perfume from the bf.

A NorthFace zip hoodie and more pajama pants from my parents, a cute pair of PINK (brand, not color) Yoga pants from my brother.

More pens, gum, and car air fresheners than I can count from Dad.

And lots and lots and lots of Christmas Cookie scented candles :) my apartment smells clean, and as if I'm baking something yummy.

I love Yankee Candle because those candles are so potent, you don't even have to burn them long or at all. Just take the lid off and the scent is so strong.

fireheart
12-26-2011, 09:34 AM
I love Yankee Candle because those candles are so potent, you don't even have to burn them long or at all. Just take the lid off and the scent is so strong.

The Dusk candles down here are the same :D

Mishi
12-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Yes! I have an Osaka Cherry Blossom candle and it is beautiful! Gave two to a friend for Christmas, and she loves them because they remind her of home. :)

I was spoilt this Christmas:
- Nikon Coolpix L120
- Lots of books :D
- Hair straightner
- Hot pink sneakers
- Majorica pearls (gunmetal grey, and so pretty)
- Gardening trolley
- Zumba dvds and toning sticks
- Bottle of Brown Brothers Moscato

And my darling Essey-Jay made a gorgeous photo album for Rugz and I. She picked out my most favourite photos as well as finding some photos that I didn't know existed and had them printed into a lovely book. It's the first IRL family album we've ever had, and it's perfect.

fireheart
12-26-2011, 12:10 PM
- Zumba dvds and toning sticks

Is that the new one out? If so, let me know if it's any good-I HAVE done Zumba and enjoyed it, but I'm trying to vary my exercise routine :lol:

Victory Sabre
12-26-2011, 12:33 PM
I got some cash from my parents. A Best Buy Giftcard from my sis and bro in law, and a Old Chicago giftcard from the niece and nephew.

The main thing I got was watching the niece (9) and nephew(12) opening up their presents. The joy and excitement on his face when he opened up his Lego, and Kre-o sets. The utter shock, and joy on her face when she opened up the DS. The hug and I love you uncle VS after opening it. The happiness with my nephew getting his fishing merit badge from Boy Scouts because he cleaned and cooked the fish I brought him.

The kids are the main thing for me this Christmas. Before my sister had them, Christmas was kinda bland. The last 12 years with them has been fun. They've make Christmas fun again. These are the best presents of all for me.

Becks
12-26-2011, 01:03 PM
GThanks, Becks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome, Sunshine!!!

Dreamstalker
12-26-2011, 01:48 PM
We've been exchanging presents more or less since Thanksgiving, so...here's what I wound up with (so far).

--Zelda 3DS bundle, with accessories: clear hard shell for the console, screen protector, extra stylus pack, Cave Story 3D and a flash cart.
--Cash from my dad
--Nice chocolate assortment and a small holiday bonus from one of my petsitting clients
--More chocolate and another bonus from another client
--'Melting clock' desk clock
--$25 GameStop gift card
--Autographed Ghostbusters script and a pile of press photos I didn't have
--New quilt

...and the dongle I use to backup/restore DS game saves decided to 'gift' me with a literal meltdown as I was trying to restore a corrupted Pokemon SoulSilver save (there is a hole melted in the casing, I'm probably lucky it didn't take the game with it as it died), so I have to wait for a new one to get here before I can restore the save and continue playing.

AnaKhouri
12-26-2011, 03:01 PM
This is the most fun Christmas I've had in years, because this year Khan actually gets it (he's 2). He woke at 3:30 am shrieking "Santa's here! Santa Claus is here!" (we made him go back to bed until 8 :lol:). When he saw the plate with cookie crumbs and the empty milk glass his eyes got huge. He got a dump truck, superhero toys and books, and some money from Grandpa to go to the museum (and a huge deposit from Husband's parents into his mutual fund; he doesn't know it but that's the best present he got this year!).

I didn't do too badly; 4 books I wanted, a Kamelot CD, 3 manga volumes, a cute funky purse, socks, some cash, new sneakers and the entire run of Revolutionary Girl Utena on DVD (thanks Husband!). :D

Sapphire Silk
12-26-2011, 03:12 PM
I got a couple of boxes of Andies Candies (I love these)
a little dolphin curio (very cute)
A DVD with the complete collection of Star Trek comic books, from the oldies in the 70's (TOS) through DS9 and Voyager editions. Can't wait to get home and read them:D

I gave:
1st two books of How to Train your Dragon to one neice
Music CDs to another
iTUnes to a third

Power Rangers Samuri toys to one nephew
GameStop card for the other

Gift card to Brother and Sister

Stylus for iPod to Evil Empryss

Harry Potter from Script to Screen to the Evil Overlord.

A left handed calendar for Mom and a new subscription to the Washington Post.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year folks!

Seraph
12-26-2011, 03:30 PM
-- My Little Pony gift set

-- Princess Celestia gift set (YAY, time to mod it!)

-- http://www.redbubble.com/people/stinkehund/works/7382788-derp-with-text

-- ice cream maker

And yes, totally thrilled that I got PONIES for Christmas. Please don't tell that to my childhood self, I'd travel forward in time and kill myself.

Ree
12-26-2011, 03:50 PM
I got a whopping....nothing....yay me!

the "family gift" from my inlaws*....all stuff for my husband..That sucks!
So...out of curiosity, what was the gift?

lupo pazzesco
12-26-2011, 03:51 PM
first Christmas with the boyfriend, xx_wolfie_xx

Our loot is as follows:

My mom got us a tree because we couldn't afford one! So we have a little 4 ft tree, all our own. Yay!
Also from mama:
Axe gift set (for wolfie, in the scent he uses)
Aromatherapy lotion and bubble bath from bath and body works (for me)
Hickory Farms sausage & cheese set (for both of us, we like them!)
Serving snack platter on wooden lazy susan (for both of us)
$100 AmEx GC (for both, we're using it towards a new bed)
$50 Target GC (for both, to use for home stuff we need)

From my sister:
Tea and a snowman mug(for wolfie)
Build a bear stuffed bear (for me, with my birthstone)
Lotions/spa creams (for me, from stores/brands I love)
Monogrammed towels 1 with each of our first initials (for the both of us)
Cordless meditation fountain (for both of us)
Beall's GC (for me)

From wolfie's best friend & his family:
tea sampler set with 120 tea bags (for ME!)
handmade crochet throw (for wolfie. it's so PRETTY! and is displayed on the back of the couch!)
pot holders and apple slicer (for me, from their 12 year old)
caramel popcorn (for wolfie, from their 12 year old)
trinket box (for me, from his best friend's parents)

From wolfie's dad and his wife:
Arkham city (for wolfie)
Serenity Car decal (for wolfie)
Star Trek Movie (for wolfie, the latest one)
Richard Castle book (for wolfie)
italian olive oil, seasoning and baking yeast (for me. Heeeeee!!)
Green Tea & bamboo bath set with shower caddy (for me)
$50 Visa GC (also being put towards the new bed)
$50 cash (his dad called it "gas money" but it's understood to be just cuz. We're probably going to use it for fun moneys)

I gave:
Skyrim to wolfie
Assassin's Creed to wolfie (technically before Christmas, but we had an early exchange because we thought we wouldn't manage it later. I showed him!)
Inheritance to wolfie (4th book in the Eragon series)

We gave:
Bottle of Riesling from the Mosel valley to wolfie's dad (where he spent a lot of time in Germany, so we actually found one from that region, it was good!)
Flower calendar to his dad's wife (she loves flowers, and we found this gorgeous one with close up shots of beautiful flowers)
Kitchenaid book to my mom
Large stockpot to my mom

All in all, it was a good day. My favorite part was the fireside movies at his dad's house.

sms001
12-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Not a single thing. Spent the entire day alone, and have to work tomorrow (my birthday).
Oh well.
Happy holidays anyway :-)

I would say "That sucks." but to be honest, when it's happened to me a couple of times over the years, I've found that distancing myself from the hustle and bustle makes me appreciate the next year even more. Hope the same turns out to be true for you.

And hope today is a good one :bday:

BlaqueKatt
12-26-2011, 04:59 PM
That sucks!
So...out of curiosity, what was the gift?

dress shirts, and a star wars pez dispenser set.

Ree
12-26-2011, 07:15 PM
dress shirts, and a star wars pez dispenser set.
:rolleyes:
Wow!!! And how do the dress shirts fit?

That's really rather shitty.
They can't even justify that away by saying they thought it was something both of you could use. :(

Monica
12-26-2011, 08:18 PM
You could always turn the shirts into a shirt dress for yourself with leggings underneath and wear it in front of them. :devil:

Ree
12-26-2011, 08:20 PM
You could always turn the shirts into a shirt dress for yourself with leggings underneath and wear it in front of them. :devil:How deliciously evil! :devil:

Sonoma
12-26-2011, 08:45 PM
I got more than I expected, since my sisters & I weren't exchanging gifts between ourselves. I shopped for their kids, and 'the kids' bought stuff for me.

Still brought home:
Magic Bullet blender
entryway rug
hands-free paper towel dispenser
kitchen towel rack
new kitchen garbage can (trust me, I needed it)
3-shelf set
nice new sheets
beautiful clay pot made w/ horsehair
lottery tickets (and 3 of the 4 won me money)
$10 Burgerville gift card (yum)
$50 from grandma
$100 from mom to go towards a kitten after New Year's (my kitty Casey - my avatar, died just a few weeks before Christmas). Mom said she'd get me a kitten...so I'll go adopt one from a local no-kill shelter after the holidays.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
12-26-2011, 08:51 PM
A NorthFace zip hoodie

Oooh, enjoy, I <3 mine.

Gumby30
12-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Lots of DVDs (Red Dwarf seasons 1-8. X-Men First Class, Captain America, and Tangled)
Sonic Generations (X-Box)
Harry Potter Lego (Wii)
Slippers
A gorgeous hardback book celebrating 60 years of Peanuts (Snoopy fangirl lol)
Chocolate
Perfume
A Monty Python Spanish Inquisition shirt
A Simon's Cat plushie (he's SO cute!)
The new Simon's Cat book

And lots of other small lovely things including a cute bookmark and nice scented bath stuff :D

Cat
12-26-2011, 10:12 PM
wait...wait...wait

There is a Simon's Cat plush? Tempting....:)

Gumby30
12-26-2011, 10:24 PM
wait...wait...wait

There is a Simon's Cat plush? Tempting....:)

There are in fact 3 - a small, a medium and a large one that meows ;)

If you check the Simon's Cat website there's a shop and they have them for sale in there :)

fireheart
12-26-2011, 10:56 PM
This is the most fun Christmas I've had in years, because this year Khan actually gets it (he's 2). He woke at 3:30 am shrieking "Santa's here! Santa Claus is here!" (we made him go back to bed until 8 :lol:). When he saw the plate with cookie crumbs and the empty milk glass his eyes got huge.

My little cousin is the same age and because Father Christmas is more common here than Santa, my little cousin calls Santa "Christmas" (dropping the Father) :lol:

From my aunty (his nana) and my cousin (his aunty), he got a Wiggles guitar and a book. He was VERY interested in the Wiggles Guitar and kept pushing the button that had the yellow wiggle on it, so every so often we were treated with "Hot Potato, hot Potato" and then "It's time to say hello".

ETA: The comment regarding the shirts reminded me of something. Last year I did my first Christmas with my boyfriend's side of the family. My boyfriend's dad received some shirts, however they didn't fit last year. This year he ALSO got some shirts however they were too big! :lol:

DGoddessChardonnay
12-27-2011, 12:10 AM
I burst out crying when I got the laptop, I'm currently using it. :D

I wasn't crying the day my iPhone came in but I sure was nervous about holding it - those things are SLICK feeling.

I ended up putting it on the shelf and charged the battery for a while, then put it back into the box and left it on my desk. Luckily my case came in the next day, so after work I plugged it up (after getting the Otter Box on it), logged into iTunes, got it set up and then had to go through fifty million steps of backing up the numbers from my old phone onto its SIM, swap SIMs in the iPhone, download the numbers off the card, swap the cards back then had to go to Live Chat w/a Blue Ball wireless rep to get the new SIM activated.

But all that trouble was so worth it . . . I wuvs my iPhone.:worship::love::love:

BlaqueKatt
12-27-2011, 12:31 AM
You could always turn the shirts into a shirt dress for yourself with leggings underneath and wear it in front of them. :devil:

wouldn't work, we're about the same size bodywise, so his shirts wouldn't cover me enough, and I wouldn't be able to button them.

Bardmaiden
12-27-2011, 01:07 AM
A Simon's Cat plushie (he's SO cute!)
The new Simon's Cat book

I got those too :D Keyring sized plushie.
I also got Skylanders plus two more figures to go with it
An art deco mug, notebook and pen
A charm bracelet with three charms on it and two more given to me.
A large teddy bear
A small plushie white tiger
A small notebook
Dragongirl by Todd McCaffrey
This years Rupert Annual
A handbag sized nail kit
Rainbow Maiden cross stitch kit
The Rupert Companion (A history of Rupert Bear) book
Fluttershy MLP
Thorntons Assorted Toffees, fudges and eclairs (Yummy!)
Sims 3 Pets
Neverending Story OST
Jeff Wayne's The war of the worlds stage show on DVD
A 40 gift card for Game
and a bunch of bath stuff plus a couple of other bits that are escaping me.

I am spoiled by my b/f and family

FormerCallingCardRep
12-27-2011, 01:15 AM
This Christmas I got:

From Hubby

Panda Music Globe
Snuggy
Precious Moments Anniversary Clock
John Grisham book
Aerosmith CD
Favorite bath soap
Watch
Pearl necklace, bracelet and earling set

From Oldest and Bug

Fuzzy red blanket
Travel size shower gel and lotion

From Little Bits

Book

From Mom and Dad

Oven Mitt
Chocolate Fudge
Pumpkin Bread

Ellain
12-27-2011, 01:21 AM
It was a really nice Christmas. I only had 2 times when I had to leave due to anxiety, which is a big improvement. It was really nice to see some of the family I haven't seen in a few years, too.

As for loot, it's actually kind of embarrassing...
From the boss, a gift card to Longhorn
From Awesome Patient #1, a pot holder and a towel that says "Dear Santa... I can explain!" and a hug
From Awesome Patient #2, a pretty charm bracelet
From Awesome Patient #3, $20.

From Grandma and Grandpa, money and chocolates
From Mom's twin, gourmet chocolate covered raisins and almonds
From Mom's other sister, a cut cat pin and earrings
From Grandma, money
From Dad's oldest sister, a DVD of an 11 year old vocalist
From Dad's younger sister, German chocolates and a safety vest in orange
From Dad's youngest brother, yummy old fashioned candies and nuts
From Dad's oldest brother, a goodie bag with wine, chocolate, and homemade bread

*deep breath*

From my parents:
A pan of Mom's fudge (which is all I asked for)
A new baking pan
Custard cups
A new wool coat in red
Flannel sheets covered in snowflakes
A new comforter
A new bed. A captains style bed that I've been eyeing for several years. Squee!!

From DH's parents:
GCs to Walmart, Darden, AMC
A bunch of Mary Kay stuff
A silver and CZ dolphin necklace
3 pairs of delightfully fuzzy socks (which is all I asked them for...)
2 sets of equally fuzzy pjs, one covered with penguins :D
A western Caribbean cruise!!!!!

From DH:
Earring and necklace set in tanzanite
A diamond. He is having it made into a better version of our engagement ring, which was stolen less than a year after our wedding.

And we said we weren't getting Christmas presents for each other this year... No one listens. :p

Holy crap. I think people went waaaay overboard this year. This year is like the past 4-5 years all rolled into one!

FormerCallingCardRep
12-27-2011, 01:31 AM
This is the most fun Christmas I've had in years, because this year Khan actually gets it (he's 2). He woke at 3:30 am shrieking "Santa's here! Santa Claus is here!" (we made him go back to bed until 8 :lol:). When he saw the plate with cookie crumbs and the empty milk glass his eyes got huge.

Bug is the same age. When Oldest put out the Santa cookies, Bug grabbed one and ran to the corner to eat it. Every time it was mentioned that Santa was coming he would say "Yay" He got more train and more trains. Today my Oldest and Little Bits has been putting together his train sets. He is a very happy little boy.

Cazzi
12-27-2011, 08:29 AM
From my daughter I received the subject of this thread: http://customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=84224 and a cinnamon & ginger scented candle on a glittery glass dish.
My son bought me a jar of quality street chocs.
From my mum I had a full body heated massage mat & a Betty Boop toiletry bag which contained a Betty Boop compact mirror.
From my ex Inlaws I had a scarf & glove set and a notebook with a quilted cover that Mother IL had made
And, from my BFF, a game, Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Becks
12-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Got a keychain from one of my older sisters.

ShadowBall
12-27-2011, 07:51 PM
I didn't do too bad. - was actually glad I didn't get a fucking mountain of shit like last year, most of which was returned. From my mother, I got some expected stuff like a bag of bathroom stuff (shaving cream, face wash she knows I use, good razors) and eleventy billion bottles of perfume and/or body spray.

I also got a really cozy fur-lined hoodie, this sparkly makeup box thing (pink glitter isn't really my thing, but still nice), some books on ghosts and local paranormal stuff (one of which was one I already had - oopsie), and a nice chunk of money. And I got an electronic coin-counting jar.

My BF's mom got me a quilt and matching pillow, which I have put in the living room because I don't think it's gonna fit on my bed anyway (and while it's a very cozy and pretty set, floral print stuff is not my thing). I got bitched at by my mother for putting them in the living room too - she said she didn't want them on her couch because they smelled (BF's parents are chain smokers and despite the blanket and pillow being in vacuum-sealed packages, they still stunk of smoke).

And as mentioned prior, my BF got me a Wii and I intend to blow some of my gift money on a couple of games I've been wanting for it. I also have a pretty big Amazon wish list that I intend to put a dent in - I bet my mom's gonna love it when she sees the metal detector I intend to buy. What's the good having a huge-ass backyard if you can't go treasure hunting? :)

I also wanna get a scaffold piercing as a gift to myself - I've been aching for more holes in my head and I'm not yet brave enough to get the eyebrow ring.

protege
12-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Let's see now...

1/25 scale 1953 Hudson Hornet model kit
HO Penn Central 10-6 sleeper car
a pair of train-related DVDs
Harry Potter, Deathly Hallows, Pt II
multiple gift cards
South Park "Guide to Life" book
Cape May puzzle, featuring some of the hotels.

Food Lady
12-28-2011, 02:54 AM
My brother and his girlfriend gave me a $50 giftcard for my store. Hee--I bought TP yesterday (frees $ in my budget for fun stuff). My parents gave me a $25 giftcard for Younkers and $100 cash. Wow--I was expecting a food chopper or mandoline. If younkers carries them, I'll get one there.

trailerparkmedic
12-28-2011, 03:19 AM
My big present is tickets to the local football team game on New Year's. It's a fairly big rivalry game and this year is the first time that the local team has made it to the playoffs ever, so it should be very fun.

I also got (from my husband, sister, parents, cousins, Aunt & Uncle, etc).
-Mario 3DS
-1Q84 (a book)
-First, Do No Harm (a book)
-The Homesick Texan (a cookbook)
-a new doormat
-two sets of earrings
-a set of 3 bamboo cutting boards
-a stackable set of of 3 cooling racks (like for cookies)
-a long sleeve T shirt
-a dress
-a wine saver set, which is a pump that sucks the air out of a bottle of wine so that it stays good longer
-a mini portable speaker that plugs into my MP3 player or phone
-a gift card for my Nook
-really expensive, really fabulous mascara
-new coasters (very awesome because I hated the ones that we have at home)
-a cool mug; my husband got a matching one

I honestly don't remember most of what I "gave" anyone because my husband was in charge of buying gifts this year. The only gift I picked out was his, which was something from Victoria Secret for me to wear. Oh, and my husband and my sister and I all pitched in to give our cousins a bottle of wine, a gift card to their favorite restaurant (which is BYOB) and a night of babysitting.

Shangri-laschild
12-28-2011, 04:38 AM
A trench shovel and a body bag!

Irving Patrick Freleigh
12-28-2011, 07:25 PM
A trench shovel and a body bag!

You have no idea how insanely jealous I am of you right now. :p

Mah loot:

-A wallet, pen and valet tray set
-A belt
-From my sister's boyfriend, a mini Magltie flashlight and a small Swiss Army knife, which is on my keychain.
- From my sister, the DVD Blackadder I, starring Rowan Atkinson (she's taken some vacations in Great Britain and Ireland and thus gave us all British-themed gifts this year)
- A new pair of Birkenstock sandals, which is probably a sign I should throw the old ones away. Nah, too comfy.
-A cordless drill
-A Starbucks gift set with coffee and two mugs
- Various other food gifts
-Gift cards: Barnes and Noble, American Eagle Outfitters, the Grocery Store of Awesome, Subway
-From my bosses at work, a card and a chocolate chip cookie from the $1 rack that was half the size of the tin it came in. But it was at least something, as opposed to the non-winning scratch-offs I used to get

And yet, with a car or an iPhone not being among my gifts this year, I am still very much pleased. :p I guess this means I was raised correctly.

MoonCat
12-28-2011, 07:58 PM
I guess this means I was raised correctly.

It does! :) I'm happy to receive anything. It means somebody took the time to pick something out with me in mind.

fireheart
12-28-2011, 10:10 PM
- From my sister, the DVD Blackadder I, starring Rowan Atkinson (she's taken some vacations in Great Britain and Ireland and thus gave us all British-themed gifts this year)

one reason as to why you should also watch Blackadder IV: Hugh Laurie in drag. :lol:

Kanalah
12-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Okay, so now that we've visited with both sides of the family:

My haul this year was:

A pizzielle press
New scrubs with animals on them
Dr Seuss PJ pants
Chocolate
Fruit roll ups (they're like crack)
Fabric money
New jeans (after I found out that I drove cross country with jeans with a hole in the butt, thank god for long shirts)
Bath stuff from BBW
And a breyer horse (yay!)

Hubby got a fancy new train set and a lot of junk food.

Kids got new clothes, daughter got a new doll and son got new trains for his table at home.

Monica
01-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Just got my gift from my cousin in San Diego!

I got a San Diego Calendar, a box that has actual sand from the beach, with little trinkets she put in it, and book with funny California facts and a beautiful Coach purse!

Misanthropical
01-07-2012, 04:18 PM
-The big thing I got was a beyond awesome necklace from my husband.
-Slippers
-Pajamas since I love being in my pajamas.
-An awesome cloak that I have been asking for for years.
-Sock Monkey hat. I know you are all jealous of that! :p
-A new purse. I love purses.
-A home made pumkin bunt cake from my awesome neighbor who recently lost her husband of 40 some years. He was a great man with a big heart. He will be missed.
-A cute stuffed bear from my daughter.
-Chocolate