PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve Drunken Texting

Jester
01-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Oh lordy. I did it again. But apparently it's not just me.

To be fair, the only really inebriated text I sent for NYE was to my parents, which read basically "Happy New Year! I love you both, and don't tell either of you nearly enough how much you mean to me." Etc., etc.

But as I said, it's not just me. I actually got a Happy New Year text from my roommate, Mr. Anti-Social. I don't give him that name randomly, mind you....he really is pretty much anti-social. And in all the years I've lived with him, I've never gotten a NYE text. So....odd. Must've been drunk, I'm thinking.

But that was not the oddest one. I got one from my older sister, aka The Witch. I have to quote this, because it is still shocking to me: "happy new year!!! love you & miss you and hope to spend time with you in 2012."

Upon further reflection, I don't think it was just booze on her part. I am thinking that that was a mass text she sent to a bunch of people. There's really no other answer.

So, any of you send or receive inebriated NYE texts? Share with the class!

Becks
01-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Oddly enough, no drunken texts were sent to me this year.

I...don't know how I feel about this.

I'm just telling myself everyone I know got too drunk to actually use their phones. :lol:

artcurmudgeon
01-01-2012, 04:39 PM
I dropped my cell phone and broke it last week...no txts from me...

but the peace and quiet are nice... :)

Food Lady
01-01-2012, 05:53 PM
I got texts, but my friends don't get drunk, so....

Gumby30
01-01-2012, 06:01 PM
I had a drunken Skype call with friends, does that count? :D

Ree
01-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Wish I could have gotten drunk. LOL.

BexieSchmexie
01-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Yep. I got several, but the best ones were, "Hi! Happy New Year! I'm naked on the balcony, and my butt is cold!" and "HAPPY NEW YEAR! I'm drunk, fat, and happy! HUZZAH!"

MoonCat
01-02-2012, 12:15 AM
I got nothin'.

If you guys want a real time-waster, check out textsfromlastnight.com

Hilarious, but strangely addicting...

BrenDAnn
01-02-2012, 01:01 AM
No texts. Just a phone call from the boss, which was along the lines of "Happy New Year...Wanna work tomorrow?" :doh:

Jester
01-02-2012, 03:25 AM

And why couldn't you? If you don't mind my asking....

Ree
01-02-2012, 03:37 AM
And why couldn't you? If you don't mind my asking....
Had to be a responsible adult since I was babysitting my granddaughter.

(Also, I was worried that once I started, I might not stop. :()

blas
01-02-2012, 03:38 AM
Thankfully, no annoying drunk NYE texts last night.

I've been truly blessed this holiday season.

Jester
01-02-2012, 03:43 AM
Had to be a responsible adult since I was babysitting my granddaughter.

(Also, I was worried that once I started, I might not stop. :()

Combined, an excellent answer. One I have no argument with. So....now that you are not babysitting your granddaughter, you are going to have a few to celebrate, yes? :cheers:

ozcatbug
01-02-2012, 08:29 AM
I didn't receive any drunken texts this year, but I have had many in the past, most of them from my mother. One year was really bad. I had a bad cold and my asthma was playing up so I had gone to bed early, then 12:45 am rolls around and it starts. The first message was mostly legible, "hose you have a goof new year". I replied the same, but better spelling. Started to go back to sleep and the next message came through. This had the same message, but a couple more spelling mistakes. I replied with the same message and tried to go back to sleep. 20 minutes later another text, with even worse spelling, arrived. I decided to ignore it, and again tried to sleep. Mum wasn't having it though. 15 minutes passed and another message arrived. This time I recognised some words, but most of it was unrecognisable. The next text about 10 minutes later I believe said something along the lines of "I think I'm a little tipsy". I responded "No you are pissed. Put the phone down and go to bed". 20 minutes later I'm told that she might be a bit more than tipsy. At least that's what I think it said. About 10 minutes later the message was total gibberish. As was the next 4 messages over the next hour. By then I decided to send a message to dad telling him to take away mum's phone. Dad doesn't drink so I knew he was sober. He sent me a message saying he didn't realise she was doing it but it was taken care of.

When I told mum a couple of days later (she had a really bad headache for 2 days and couldn't talk to me earlier. Wonder why that was?) she didn't believe that she had sent me all those texts. Well she didn't believe me until I told her to check her sent folder. Even she couldn't understand what she had sent to me. Then she told me I should have turned my phone off, and that it was all my fault. Problem was I use my phone as an alarm and I needed to wake up to take my medicine.

BookstoreEscapee
01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
I received some texts, don't know if they were drunk or not. I myself went nowhere and drank nothing because I had a migraine. Happy New Year.

Racket_Man
01-03-2012, 09:29 AM

nope no text either fromor to me as I had to WORK a slow pizza delivery night.

RecoveringKinkoid
01-03-2012, 12:37 PM
I was, sadly, sober. I have had to cut way down on my drinking. I know, sadness.

We ate a bunch of caviar and watched Thor. I know, I'm so exciting (we never have New Year's parties because we always have a weekend long Twelfth Night party which usually falls the following weekend or close to it). Sometime after midnight I got some texts from friends.

They were not obviously drunk. Like I said, we tend to save up for this coming weekend.

Evidently, while I was watching Thor, a single girlfriend was watching The Warrior's Way, which I have been nagging her to watch.

Her: I finally watched the Warrior's Way. Very good.
Me: Right? How about that kiss scene?
Her: Very hot.

So there you go. The most notable exchange I got.

I know, fascinating.

Cat
01-03-2012, 12:42 PM
No drunken texts, just 2 happy New Years ones. Didn't get drunk, just what an old friend used to call "advanced happiness." Glad we stayed in, it was rather foggy out. Watched the Big Bang Theory marathon :)

morgana
01-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Two texts, neither of them drunken. One phishing.

And one awesome. I haz new grand-nephew! (What a way to spend NYE, huh? :rolleyes:)

protege
01-03-2012, 04:38 PM
I didn't get or send any drunken texts. Mainly because my phone was recharging. Didn't stop my parents and I from enjoying some spirits. Several bottles of wine, and a couple bottles of Old Speckled Hen...gave their lives to the cause. They'll be missed :p

Mishi
01-03-2012, 10:28 PM
And one awesome. I haz new grand-nephew! (What a way to spend NYE, huh? :rolleyes:)

Congratulations!! :grats:
I spent NYE like that once, and my little sister ditched me so that she could go watch the fireworks from the hospital roof because I was being boring. :lol:

morgana
01-03-2012, 11:38 PM
my little sister ditched me so that she could go watch the fireworks from the hospital roof because I was being boring. :lol:

Well, phooo on her!