PDA

View Full Version : This post deals with the paranormal, just so you know before reading it

Misanthropical
01-07-2012, 03:02 PM
My sons and I noticed a huge upswing of paranormal activity (NOT the movie, which sucked) in our home. I told my boys that it is like Grand Central Station for spirits here. We were all :confused: I know it's not subject I want to bring up to my pastor, so I find a Wiccan who can see auras and is more attune to the paranormal than I am. Also, so you know, I didn't pay here a dime, she was helping me out for free and never once asked for a cent. She told me my boys and I are not crazy that activity has been picking up and the spirits who showed up at my home were probably just passing through. She said to bake something sweet for them like cookies and put out large glass of wine with the cookies. I was then to tell the spirits it was for them and to enjoy it and move on in their travels. The next day I was to crumble up the sweets and put it in the back yard and pour out the wine there too.

She also told me that Mr. Mis, the boys and my aura are clear, so nothing bad is around my family. That was a huge relief since I did worry about that.

So, that is what I did. When I put out the wine and cookies and told the spirits to enjoy because it was it for them, the activity took a upswing, like they were telling me they heard what I said. Later that night, I was washing my hands in the kitchen sink when the bread and stuffing box that were in the middle of a counter behind me were thrown on the floor. I was the only one in the kitchen, so I just picked the stuff up.and told them to stop making a mess.

The next day, I put the stuff in the back yard and the activities went back to normal and Ethan stopped being in a snit. The Wiccan said spirits usually don't see each other. I told her Ethan is aware and gets annoyed when other spirits try to show up here because he has permission and they don't.

You might not believe me, but I swear on my eyes that everything I typed is the truth.

Anyone want to share their paranormal encounters with me?

Eireann
01-07-2012, 03:52 PM
I used to babysit in a haunted house. I never did find out who haunted the place; the owners didn't believe in ghosts. I did find out that it used to be a farmhouse, and was built in 1915 (and for that area, most of which was settled decades later, 1915 meant that the house would have had quite a bit of land around it).

It was just weird. The house had a rather large front yard and not much of a back yard. During the day, things weren't too bad, but when the sun went down, especially given the fact that the house was set back from the street and had heavy greenery around it, the whole atmosphere was eerie. I always felt that someone or someTHING was looking at me through the windows. I would watch TV in the den, next to the kitchen; the couch faced away from the kitchen window, and I had the creepy feeling that I was being watched from the kitchen.

The kids never noticed anything, or if they did, they didn't mention it. Their room was upstairs, and I hated that part of the house. The attic was particularly bad. Once when the kids were playing in the attic, I stood in the doorway telling them to come out; I didn't want to go in there.

Putting the kids to bed. Oh, joy. I would put them to bed, shut the door, then walk down the wooden, uncarpeted stairs.

And I would hear heavy footsteps following me. Every time.

I would make it halfway down the stairs, then make a run for it - through the living room, the dining room, the kitchen, and into the den, where I would vault over the back of the couch and shiver for some time.

Kittish
01-07-2012, 04:01 PM
I've been followed by the same tribe of what I call pixies for years (entirely with my blessing. I invited them to go with me the first time I moved after befriending them). They're small, and generally don't allow themselves to be seen. I'm sure everyone is familiar with the phenomenon of setting some small object down, moving or even just looking away for 5 or 10 seconds and having the object just vanish with no trace, then anywhere from a few minutes to a few days later reappear exactly where you remember setting it down. That is the work of pixies. They're a mischievous, playful bunch, and it isn't terribly hard to work out a deal with them. Give them fun, shiny toys, play with them, and be polite and mostly they'll actually start helping you find lost objects.

My experience over the past few years with the pixies has been that they can see and interact with spirits just fine... and they're picky about which ones they allow onto their turf. They seem to like cats (both living and spirit), but anything just passing through has tended to go around.

Misanthropical
01-07-2012, 04:46 PM
We know that the spirit in our home is a man who died in the Civil War fighting on the side of the North. We know this because he partially appeared to my daughter. He mostly paces the hallway between my room and my daughter's room at night. He will either hang out in my room or my daughter's room if people are awake and moving around the house. He also likes to play over at Mr. Mis' desk after Mr. Mis goes to bed. We are the ones who gave him a name.

Objects are always moving around to different parts of the house or back where they were a few days later in my house. We always thought Ethan was just bored and thought it would be funny. It never occurred to us that that might have been the work of pixies.

My number one rule for spirits or anything else that comes through is they are not allowed to touch me or anyone else. Well, one night I was in my night gown and leaning over in the fridge when I felt a tug on my night gown. I whip around and no one is there. I figured it was Ethan thinking it would be funny since technically it wasn't actually touching me.

Maybe I should leave something shiny out in case it is pixies?

Kittish
01-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Checking for pixies probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Some small, shiny trinket, even something as simple as a glittery hair clip, set down in an out of the way spot, with the announcement that it's a present for pixies is a good way to start off. From there, if something you're wanting is missing ask, out loud, if anyone knows where the item is, and if so, can they please bring it to you. Pixies are big on polite. Far as moving stuff around goes, as long as it's not causing any harm to anyone or anything, or causing you to lose important items (eyeglasses, wallets, purses, cell phones, mortgage paperwork, etc), play the game with em.

ETA: I never really thought about a 'don't touch me' sort of rule, but then, pretty much all of the spirits I've encountered were ones of beings that I had known in their life. With one exception, and he never touched any of us anyway. Native american man, have no idea how long ago he died, though I'd guess it was less than 200 years back, haunted the house that my exhusband's parents owned. We lived there with them for several months, and I got to know the ghost reasonably well. No one ever tried to give him a name, and he never told us his name. He appeared to me one time, middle of the night, when I happened to be still awake. Scared me stiff, but he didn't do anything but stand there for a minute, then vanish.

firecat88
01-07-2012, 07:45 PM
I told my boys that it is like Grand Central Station for spirits here

Anyone want to share their paranormal encounters with me?

My house is kinda the same way, Mis. I've got spirits coming and going all the time. And I, being the only one sensitive enough to the activity, am the only one who's aware of just how much goes on around here. I've seen a shadowy figure of a woman walking across the living room, have had things walking around in my bedroom at night, been told off for being too loud by a spirit that was in my parents' bedroom. Said spirit was, in turn, told off by Marcus, my guardian angel who takes very little crap from anyone who isn't me, and other things. I blame the fact that, in my living room, there is an extremely large vortex in the middle of the floor.

Speaking of Marcus, though, he is one of the permanent metaphysical residents in my house:

~Marcus is my guardian. He looks like a Roman soldier, wields a sword, and he and I fight like an old married couple sometimes. I've only physically seen him once, in shadow form, when I was 6. Lately, though, I have "seen" what he actually looks like.

~Mamoru/Momo, a cat who followed me from my old house to the one I'm living in now. He likes to curl up on my bed at night, right next to my left leg.

~Kanna, an eagle who kinda treats me like her chick a lot of the time.

~Emily, a little girl who likes pink. I'm not sure what her story is, but a friend of mine was visiting the house a while ago and Emily kept poking her and tugging at her coat, under which she was wearing a shirt that was pink.

~My parents' guardians. I've never actually felt them personally, but the friend I mentioned before (I'll call her M) has seen them (she won't admit it, but she feels and sees things more strongly than I do). My dad's is a WWII-era soldier and my mom's is, I believe, a Yanomami woman.

Outside of my house, though, I've felt things as well.

When M was still living with her parents, I went over to her house a few years ago for her birthday party. I'd already known beforehand that her house is very paranormally active, but that was my first time actually being there. After the present-opening, she and I went up to her room to watch a movie. She left me alone for...maybe 5 minutes to go bring us some cake, and within 2 of those minutes, I got dizzy and randomly nervous like I should not be there. I spent the next 3 minutes praying that M would get back to the room already and trying to avoid looking at any reflective surfaces because I had a feeling I'd see something looking back at me that wasn't me. When she finally did get back to the room, I told her 'Don't ever leave me alone in your house for that long again.' and explained why.

Another place where I'm constantly feeling things is at school. One of the dorms is supposedly haunted, but I've never been in there so I can't vouch for that one. I *can*, though, name two of the buildings on campus that I know for sure are haunted- Houston Hall, which is the oldest building on campus, and Lowell Heiny Hall, which is where the financial aid office, the registrar's office, and several professors' offices are. In each building, the activity is centered around two places- The elevators in Houston, and the 4th floor and the stairwell in LH. I particularly hate the 4th floor of LH. There is something there that is...not right.

dendawg
01-07-2012, 08:37 PM
My grandmother had what might be considered an encounter:

My dad was dying from cancer, and she had an angel hung on her wall. At about the same time he died, the angel fell from the wall.

I don't know if this was paranormal or not. :shrug:

Lady Legira
01-07-2012, 08:40 PM
We have a spirit we've nicknamed Bob, I can sense he's male. He generally quite quiet but does look after us when either one of us is alone in the house.

He's played tricks on (mostly) my sister. He stole her keys and put them on the inside of her pillowcase where her head sits and stole her phone but dropped it when my husband rang it, dropped from waist height out of thin air.

Mostly he just creaks doors and walks around to let me know he's about.

MoonCat
01-07-2012, 09:33 PM
I had one really odd experience that I have never been able to understand.

It was years ago, I think I was in my 20's. Must have been a weekend because I was up really late one night, sitting in the kitchen listening to the radio and drawing. Off the kitchen was a bedroom which was technically my brother's but at the time he was living downstairs with our grandfather.

So about maybe 2 AM or so this horrible noise started up in that bedroom. It was this kind of shuddering, growling noise, like an engine or some kind of other machinery. Very, very loud. I froze. I was afraid to go look and just sat there. It's hard to explain how loud this was....you would have thought whatever was making it was right inside that room, as though somebody was revving up a tractor-trailer in there or something. It went on for several minutes & then just stopped. Finally I went to look because I knew the cat was sleeping on the bed & I was afraid for him, but he was still sound asleep.

Nobody else heard anything. My mom was in the living room several rooms away, watching TV. My sisters were asleep two rooms away, my brother & grandfather sleeping in the first floor flat. To this day I have not been able to figure out what the hell that was.

CloserToSane
01-07-2012, 10:38 PM
There's nothing much at home. I'm sure there are two presences I guess in my room. They're very different and I've never been fond of either - one less so. But then again, they've never done anything so I don't think they're that bad.

The girls on my mother's side of the family have been known to come up with facts about deceased relatives that they've never met and they've completley accurate. Or we have "imaginary friends" who are named after the same relatives. It doesn't seem to last very long, but the youngest girl on my mother's side of the family seems to be very umm (might not be the right word) good at this and has been since she was a baby.

Mytical
01-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Where do I begin? I've had quite a few actually. Only a couple in the houses I lived in however. I've walked through a spirit, or rather it through me once. Seen my uncles death, me miles away, at the time it happened..in a dream. I've lived a day twice, dreamed every minute of it the night before. I've sit and talked to a rocking chair (or rather the spirit that was rocking it), and seen a house with no less then 5 spirits (all friendly) in it.

protege
01-08-2012, 01:57 AM
My grandmother's old house is haunted. I had some strange encounters in that place after my grandfather died. Keep in mind that he was a smartass, and enjoyed playing pranks on people. He also took care of his family. Since I was his first grandchild, and was at the house constantly, that might explain things.

Not long after he died, things got interesting. That is, I saw a ghost on the kitchen porch :eek: No face on it, but it was about Grandpa's height, and composed of a bluish mist. It wasn't on the porch long--it then appeared to move over towards the building that later housed my workshop. Maybe he was going to light the trash, like he usually did at night?

Inside, the house, always at night, I'd get the feeling that I was being watched, or that someone had put their hand on my shoulder. The "feeling watched" seemed to center around the area where his desk was. His desk, was originally in a room off the kitchen. Right in front of the desk, was a doorway, which originally led into the living room, but was blocked by a large couch. He could sit there, and watch the TV in the living room. Grandpa spent hours at his desk--paying bills, working on projects for the Lions Club, or doing his word search puzzles.

Anyway, if I was up late at night, I'd feel like someone was watching me from that room. Also, if I was sitting in his old recliner (which is now my recliner), I'd sometimes feel a hand on my shoulder. Since it never happened if I was on the couch, the other chair, or lying on the floor, I can only assume Grandpa was telling me to get out of his chair :D

It just sucks that none of that happens now. Grandma sold her house in 2007, and most of her things were divided up among relatives. Even though I ended up with the recliner, and many of my grandfather's things...nobody's touching me on the shoulder :cry:

I do know that my house does have a few resident spirits. The previous owner died of cancer in my office. So far, she's been pretty quiet. One who hasn't, was the white cat I had. Snow died of a heart attack in the kitchen. I've heard scratching noises in my office, and sometimes saw a white 'flash' running between the kitchen and living room. Also, I've come home, and found that the living room heating vents were closed--Snow *loved* to do that. Plus, she loved to curl up and take a nap in my office--the scratching noises were her claws attempting to 'knead' the carpet.

bhskittykatt
01-08-2012, 03:51 AM
I've only had a couple experiences with one particular apparition. Well, I've had others, but they all ended up having known causations. This one though was weird.

Both times, I saw the girl in the same area while on my paper route. It's on a road that runs behind an elementary school. One house, I would pull up their driveway, deliver to their porch, then back into their neighbor's driveway and head on out (I was backing in a U-shape...these were two houses that shared a little drive).

One morning, I was backing up, and I was just using my rearview. As I came around the corner, I saw a girl standing behind my car. I slammed on the breaks and whipped around...but no one was there.

Even though I only saw her for a second, I can practically paint you a picture. Wavy, red hair that fell just below the shoulders. Skin so pale, it was almost white. She was wearing a blue dress with a white floral print, and a white, wide square collar. All about her was a sort of electric, light-blue aura. The weirdest part was she had no face, sort of like it was blurred out.

About a week later, I was delivering to another house on the same road, and I saw her, this time in the play field at the elementary school. I actually stopped my car and watched her for three or four seconds before she passed behind a tree and vanished. I haven't seen her since.

Oddly enough, I wasn't at all frightened at the time. It was eerie, and thinking back on it I get chills down my spine, but I felt strangely calm when it occurred.

I've seen shadow people, orbs, heard footsteps from people that weren't there, and in every other case, after a bit of research, I traced the phenomena to a known causation. This girl, though...I was wide awake, not on any sort of drug or medication...I just have no explanation for what I saw. I did not believe in the paranormal before that first morning. Now, my husband is a member of a TAPS family paranormal research group, and I've gone to some of the meetings, and I don't think it's crazy at all anymore.

Misanthropical
01-08-2012, 04:11 AM
Mr. Mis told me that when I was in the hospital and he went to bed that Ethan would walk into the room and over to my side of the bed and stop liking he was looking for me and then leave the room, only to return and go to my side of the bed and stop like he was looking for me and that went on the whole time I was gone. It stopped when I got home and Ethan went back to his regular pacing.

When the big guy left to spend Christmas and New Years with his girlfriend in another state, we would hear Ethan in the boys room, which he rarely goes into and that continued till I told Ethan that the big guy was gone but that he would be back soon. We didn't hear him in there after that.

Ethan will voice his opinion even if he has to mimic another family members' voice. He used his own voice to tell the big guy off when the big guy was making a racket in his closet. He used the little guys' voice that only I heard (because he knew I would either go up there or send Mr. Mis up there) when the big guy was having a huge fight with his girlfriend on web cam and Ethan wanted it stopped.

My fathers' side of the family have all been sensitives as far back as we can trace. My children and I are all sensitives too, which attracts spirits to us.

When we first moved in 7 years ago, Ethan would purposely scare the bejesus out of my little guy, who really was a little guy at the time, so Ethan and I had a chat about the rules of my home and if he broke them I would banish him from my home and he shouldn't think I can not do it. I added the rule of not being in the bathrooms when people are in there. That one was added when I got out of the shower and my hair fell into my face. It was lifted and put behind my ear. I'm sorry, but I don't want anyone in there when I'm using it.

And, what is it with spirits and my hair? They either like to give a gentle yank on my ponytail or push it out of my face, this has happened no matter where I am at the time, so I'm just wondering.

Racket_Man
01-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Mis,

besides you and your side of the family being sensative,I am wondering if your house has some sort of gateway inor near it?

my daughter used to have a "friend" or two. (not the imaginary kind). she used to play with "Amy". Amy like my DD's room (apt complex) but did occasionally come out into our living room and do some interesting things like move a straw around in a cup in response to questions (no windows open, ceiling fan funning,or HVAC running).

the other "person" was a grumpy old man who really did not talk or interact much with us.

It was fun to watch our cats (we had 3 at the time) watch something moving around the living room. they would occasionally get played with or picked up or petted. It never seemd to freak them out.

I myself am a bit sensative (possibly more than a little) but then after what Ex pulled (long story), I tried to close off/wall off that part of me. I still sometimes get "something" either bouncing around in the living room (little balls of light) or someone will move something in the back of my "office" to get my attention or "wack" me in the back of the head or arms causing a tinggling sensation.

my dog sometimes watches something unseen moving around the living room but I guess he is just so used to it now that it is under the catageory of "Whatever guys"

then they sometimes like to play with the VCR/DVD power button. and this is when no one is touching the remote.

for the most part they leave me alone. just even now and then they let me know they (whoever they are) are still around.

sometimes I get the feeling my deceased Aunt just comes around to say "HI". you can tell when she is around because of a very heavy perfume scent she leave behind.

Mishi
01-08-2012, 08:18 AM
We seem to have gained some pixies recently or Shae (my husband's deceased cousin) has been being cheeky, because things have gone missing and then been found put away, but not exactly where they belong. Example: I had my Hogfather DVD near TV downstairs, intending to watch it with Nanna B. It disappeared, and we turned the house upside down looking for it. A week later it showed up in the DVD cabinet in between the two Harold and Kumar movies. We both checked the cabinet several times, reading through all of the shelves and it was not there. The gap that it belonged in was even there when we were searching, and was no longer there a few days later.

The other thing is that my dad has lucid dreams, so he likes to take walks in imaginary gardens with various family members, especially my two girls because he doesn't get to see them very often. One night when I was putting Bubbles to bed rather late (Dad does to sleep around 8:30, over 600km away) she said goodnight to me, then looked behind me and said "Oh Poppy! Nai-night Poppy, I love you. Sweet dreams!" I asked Dad about it and he didn't realise that he was dreamwalking, he thought it was just his imagination.
She has also tried to play fetch with the dog in the cemetery. Bubbles ran off, when I caught up with her, she grabbed my hand and took me down one of the aisles saying "Look, a big doggy! Hiiii doggy!" I asked what colour it is and she said "Is black doggy, happy black doggy." *picks up stick and throws* "Fetch doggy! Oh, he no play. Aww happy doggy!" Considering that it was standing between her and a sharp drop into a fast river near a weir, I'm taking it as protective apparition rather than a bad omen.

blas
01-08-2012, 08:45 AM
There's at least one for sure spirit at my parents' house. I would say there's more, but my parents think my brother and I are full of it.

I've posted about it before, but every night between 12 and 1 am (so it's residual, not necessarily the person themself), there are light footsteps going up the stairs, turning past my old bedroom, going into my brother's old bedroom, and stopping at the window. My brother claims there was occasionally a mist with it.

Believe me, when I lived at home, I slept with that door shut and always fell asleep to a movie and set the TV to sleep after an hour or two just to be sure 1 am was over.

Part of that house was built in the late 1800s, the rest in the 1970s.

I don't think it does any good to speak with a residual spirit, because I don't think that's even really a ghost present. But I have tried as of now.

Although I did lose my marbles in the basement one day because I was sick and tired of hearing my name being whispered and my toes being tugged on as I slept on the couch a few times. I blew up, then realized oh shit, if this is a bad spirit, I'm fucked........but I haven't heard/seen anything creepy downstairs or in the basement since.

However, a few weeks ago, after everyone had left, I did say out loud that I meant no disrespect, but was a little scared of the spirit and its nightly routine (I said this because even though I don't live there right now, I do spend the night occasionally) and I asked if it could be a little more quiet next time.

Misanthropical
01-08-2012, 03:27 PM
besides you and your side of the family being sensative,I am wondering if your house has some sort of gateway in or near it?

I have not felt that my home has some sort of gateway in it nor have the children. If there is one near it, that is a different matter. We are close to a huge cemetery and smaller ones in the area. We are also close to a very strange house that gives me and the children the willies. It looks like an old Victorian that has had additions added on to it all willy nilly with no rhyme or reason. You could not pay me enough money to go into that house.

Growing up, one of the houses I lived in did have a vortex, right in the middle of the living room. I would never go back there for love or money. That place freaked the holy hell out of me as a child and even though I live in a completely different state I still get freaked by the thought of that place.

Also, as a child, there is house that I don't remember anything happening in, but I still, to this day get nightmares of that house. The thought of going back into that house gets me so scared that I start shaking and on the verge of tears. I thought of going to a hypnotist to find out why that house scares me more than the house with the vortex in it, but Mr. Mis said there is probably a very good reason my mind blocked it out and I shouldn't try to remember if it was that traumatic that the mind blocked it out. I didn't think of it that way till he that and I had to agree with him.

Another thing, I have noticed is that if I am living close to the man that I share DNA with that my abilities get a whole hell of a lot stronger.

There is one place I lived in after my daughter was born that overwhelmed me and did scare me something fierce. The spirits in the basement were mostly helpful and friendly, but the rest of the house is another story all together. It loved destroying people. I finally broke down and told Mr. Mis we had to move. I couldn't take it anymore, we had to go. I looked up that area long after we moved and found out that place has always had a much higher than average suicide rate.

Misanthropical
01-08-2012, 03:54 PM
We seem to have gained some pixies recently or Shae (my husband's deceased cousin) has been being cheeky, because things have gone missing and then been found put away, but not exactly where they belong. Example: I had my Hogfather DVD near TV downstairs, intending to watch it with Nanna B. It disappeared, and we turned the house upside down looking for it. A week later it showed up in the DVD cabinet in between the two Harold and Kumar movies. We both checked the cabinet several times, reading through all of the shelves and it was not there. The gap that it belonged in was even there when we were searching, and was no longer there a few days later.

The other thing is that my dad has lucid dreams, so he likes to take walks in imaginary gardens with various family members, especially my two girls because he doesn't get to see them very often. One night when I was putting Bubbles to bed rather late (Dad does to sleep around 8:30, over 600km away) she said goodnight to me, then looked behind me and said "Oh Poppy! Nai-night Poppy, I love you. Sweet dreams!" I asked Dad about it and he didn't realise that he was dreamwalking, he thought it was just his imagination.

You know, I had to start to wonder why all spirits seem to know how to move things around and put them into plain sight later. The thought of pixies never crossed my mind. It does make sense though.

I also wondered why the ones I have come across whether I am aware of them or not love to play with my hair. It is only when I have my hair on the longer side more than when I have it cut real short. Right now, it's really long and it gets played with a lot when I'm out.

I used to be seen in different parts of the state by boyfriends (the state I grew up in) when I wasn't physically there but had dreamed of being there. It's weird how lucid dreaming works.

It wasn't till we moved here 7 years ago that it really did dawn on me that as a living person I have more power than the dead and came up with a list of rules for hanging around my home. It also helps that we have a protective house spirit (Ethan) now. He absolutely hates it when there is verbal fighting going on (it's never physical) and will loudly pop light bulbs or do the mimicking thing to get it to stop.

The children and I have all heard our names called or yelled and have thought it was another family member (the mimicking thing) or by a voice we didn't recognize (much smaller scale). I have heard Mr. Mis calling my name or screaming it when he hasn't or I hear "mom" or "mommy" by what I think is one of the children or by a child's voice I don't recognize, but I still check on my children. It never used nicknames till just recently. I have also heard "mommy" by a child's voice that I can tell is crying. I never can track it down.

It has just been in the last few weeks that my home has turned into Grand Central Station for the spirit world.

bhskittykatt
01-08-2012, 06:07 PM
If you're sensitive, you're going to attract ghosts, vortex or no vortex. Sensitives are like a beacon that draw spirits to them. Sort of like "Hey, check it out, this one can see us!" When a sensitive contacts a paranormal group to try and remove a haunting, you have to explain to them that even though you can cleanse the home and perhaps disperse the current haunting, if they're sensitive they're just going to be more and more in the future, no matter where they live, and that they're going to eventually have to find a way to deal with and accept that.

Misanthropical
01-08-2012, 06:39 PM
My children and I all know that as sensitives that spirits are going to be attracted to us. We can walk into a house that has never had a spirit in it and in short order there will be spirits there. I told my children we are like a light in the darkness for them.

We have seen spirits that are so shocked that someone has actually seen them that they run off.

We have no control of our "gift" which we have all thought was more of a curse at one time or another but would feel lost without it. I actually had it blocked by who knows what at one place we lived and I actually broke down and cried because it felt like a part of me was missing. The block stopped when we moved.

Sapphire Silk
01-08-2012, 07:27 PM
This may surprise some people who know I'm a strong adherent of the scientific method. I don't claim to be able to prove anything I'm saying here, just what I've observed.

When in college, my roomies and I rented a 1920's era bunglaow that was haunted. I only saw the ghost once; an elderly man who looked about 80ish. He liked to play with my cats, but he avoided me and the roomies and never gave us any trouble. I ignored him; he wasn't malevolent or mischievous in any way, and was more than welcome.

While at summer camp one year, I saw the camp ghost; a girl who'd fallen off a horse in the 50's and died after hitting her head. She was riding through the main camp area of my unit. I remember waking to the clip clop of the hooves, and hearing all the animals and insects in the woods go completely silent, and feeling the temperature drop like a rock. I looked out a window and saw her (she didn't see me). After a few minutes she rode off, and the normal night noises returned, and the temperature became a normal West Virginia night in July.

I can't explain either encounter, and don't try. It's just what I saw and experienced.

I had one encounter that happened in broad daylight, and was experienced by multiple people.

We went to Florida on Spring Break for a 70 mile canoeing trip along the St. Mary's River. The water was very high that year due to flooding, and we were having a hard time finding campsites. The previous night we'd been allowed to camp on private property by the owners. That night, we hadn't seen any signs of human habitation for miles.

We came up on a run down house on the south river bank. I didn't like the look of the house from the start, and didn't want to stop even though it was getting dark. I could feel the malevolence coming from the house. Our counselor insisted on checking it out; it was the first dry ground we'd seen for miles.

We ran the canoes onto the bank, but no one got out except her. She went maybe 5 steps before turning around, getting back in her canoe. We pushed off back onto the river. No one uttered a word. It took us another hour to find a place to camp, and it was after dark by the time we did so. No one talked about the other place or mentioned that "maybe we should have stopped there."

It was the creepiest experience of my life.

A couple of years later, I did the same canoe run on the St. Mary's with another group of friends. That year, the river was very low, and camping spots were easy to find. We actually passed by the place fairly early in the day . . . but I recognized it at once, and still felt the same malevolence coming from it though no where near as intensely.

Ellain
01-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Its really neat to "hear" these stories. I have friends who swear up and down they've seen or interacted with paranormal stuff, but I never have. I've always been fascinated by this stuff, though.

Shpepper
01-08-2012, 09:05 PM
I miss my spirits. The house I grew up in had them as did a couple of other places that I have lived. I don't have any here where I am and I do miss them. It's possible that they are still here and I have just blocked them due to other life issues. Maybe as those are sorted out, they will return.

Misanthropical
01-09-2012, 03:48 AM
My little guy saw a shadow person when we lived in the town before this one. Those things terrify me beyond belief. They feed on fear, anger, hatred and other negative emotions and not much is known about them. I don't think they have ever been human.

After we moved here, I use to fall asleep on the couch watching TV, so one of the cubs or Mr. Mis would turn off the TV and go to bed. They wouldn't wake me up because I have insomnia and they wanted me to get my sleep. I would always have sleep paralysis when this happened and would "see" a shadow person standing in front of my book case less than 6 feet away from the couch. It never moved and I couldn't see any sort of face, but I still had the feeling it was watching me and enjoying the fact that I couldn't move and was scared out of my ever loving mind. I kept trying to tell myself it wasn't real but I couldn't overcome the sheer panic and the crippling fear. If the TV is left on I don't have that happen, so now, Mr. Mis or the cubs will change the channel to the classical music station because they know it soothes me and I'm told I seem to sleep better when it's on.

The big guy saw one with blood red eyes when he was visiting a friend of his that lives not that far from us. He had never seen them before that and now he refuses to go to his friends' house.

I have seen them when I'm outside and I know they are here because of the crime and urban decay that is exploding in our city. Yes, we are seriously considering moving because of the very human problems that are over taking our city and I know it's going to get worse.

Kogarashi
01-09-2012, 05:07 AM
I'm not entirely sure where I stand on the idea of ghosts, spirits, etc. I have some of my own ideas and beliefs, but.... :shrug:

But I have had a few creepy moments. I'm sure I've posted these before, too.

For one thing, I have a very overactive imagination, and am pretty sure that's at least the cause of the occasional feeling of being watched I get when I'm the only one up late at night. I like watching scary movies, but I always pay for it at bedtime.

My imagination might be the cause of a set of recurring dreams I had about an old minivan we once had. I had the dreams after the van broke down, and they always started in the same place and ended in the same place with no real resolution. One involved walking through a haunted house with only my baby blanket* between me and something scary. Another involved the van driving down the road with no one in the driver's seat, with one of my sisters and one of my aunts in the van with me. We had to jump out before it got to the end of the road, and my aunt and sister got out, but the dream always ended before I could jump out (and right before it got to the end of the road). I never found out what would've happened, but had the impression it would not be good. I can't remember the third dream in the set, only that there was a third one. The dreams ended when one of the side windows of the van was broken inward with no visible explanation of why it broke.

I'm pretty sure my imagination has nothing to do with a few creepy moments at the old farmhouse I spent most of my formative years in, at least in part because another of my sisters, a friend of ours, and I all experienced it at the same time. The first was when said friend was sleeping over. We were up talking with the lights off in my room when we all heard what sounded like a mountain lion or similar roaring right under the bedroom window. This was in upstate NY on the second story, with no porch roof or anything for whatever made the noise to sit on. Our parents, talking downstairs with the lights on, heard nothing. We were suitably freaked out.

The second was a few years later, when that same friend was over to play for an afternoon. The same sister, friend, and I were playing in my room (which was different from before, as I had moved across the hall), while my mom was out with the youngest sisters. At one point when we shut the door, the hook latch on the outside locked. We were able to pick it with a coat hanger, but attempting to get it to lock again by slamming the door failed, so we were stumped as to how that happened. We also thought at one point that we heard my mom pull into the gravel driveway, but there was no vehicle, and also thought at one point that we heard footsteps in the attic, which was completely inaccessible.

* The baby blanket itself could probably be considered a positive example. My paternal grandmother made it for me when I was born, out of leftover fabric from a wedding blanket she made my parents. I still have it (it belongs to my oldest daughter now), and I still get a happy feeling when I cuddle the blanket. It may be 30 years of conditioning to get that response, since it was my comfort against bad dreams growing up, but that doesn't stop me from joking with my husband that if it were an object in a ghost roleplaying system he has, it would totally be one of the rare positive ghost artifacts (most are negative).

We came up on a run down house on the south river bank. I didn't like the look of the house from the start, and didn't want to stop even though it was getting dark. I could feel the malevolence coming from the house. Our counselor insisted on checking it out; it was the first dry ground we'd seen for miles.

We ran the canoes onto the bank, but no one got out except her. She went maybe 5 steps before turning around, getting back in her canoe. We pushed off back onto the river. No one uttered a word. It took us another hour to find a place to camp, and it was after dark by the time we did so. No one talked about the other place or mentioned that "maybe we should have stopped there."

Panacea, that's seriously freaky. Did the counselor ever explain why she turned around so soon?

Misanthropical
01-09-2012, 05:26 AM
When I'm telling my cubs and/or Mr. Mis some of the paranormal things that happened when I was a child I tell them I had a magic blanket (not really, but go with me on this) that if I slept completely covered from head to toe with it the spirits couldn't get me. I never had it pulled off of me, so that gave credence to the fact that it was a magic blanket. Yes, they know it wasn't really a magic blanket.

As a child, I thought everyone could see/hear/sense spirits and how frightened, scared and hurt I felt when I was told that I was making things up or that they were all demons disguising themselves as human spirits so that they could try and tempt people away from God and make sure that person went to hell. I was raised in a fundamentalist pentecostal church and that is what they really believe. I was scared out of my mind most of my childhood. I kept it all to myself and had a hard time dealing with it. I prayed my heart out that God take it all away. I guess the answer was "no".

firecat88
01-09-2012, 05:01 PM
For one thing, I have a very overactive imagination, and am pretty sure that's at least the cause of the occasional feeling of being watched I get when I'm the only one up late at night.

If there's one thing I've learned from my own experiences- What people think is just their mind playing tricks on them is, 8 times out of 10, considerably more than that.

As a child, I thought everyone could see/hear/sense spirits and how frightened, scared and hurt I felt when I was told that I was making things up or that they were all demons disguising themselves as human spirits so that they could try and tempt people away from God and make sure that person went to hell. I was raised in a fundamentalist pentecostal church and that is what they really believe. I was scared out of my mind most of my childhood. I kept it all to myself and had a hard time dealing with it. I prayed my heart out that God take it all away. I guess the answer was "no".

TBH, everyone is born with the potential to sense spirits. It starts at a very young age, but a lot of people tend to grow out of it, typically by the 'That's not real' or 'Oh, don't say that. It's evil' influence from peers and society in general.

Antisocial_Worker
01-09-2012, 08:28 PM
I've had more paranormal experiences than I can recount in one sitting, and live in the one of the national capitals of weirdness. I haven't noticed an uptick in activity here though, and haven't heard that things are getting noticeably any weirder elsewhere in town, though.

I wonder what could be happening up there in your neck of the woods, Mis, that there would be an increase in activity.

Misanthropical
01-10-2012, 02:35 AM
Lvl_9_Gazebo the Wiccan told me why it has picked up but I really didn't pay attention to the why because I was more interested in finding a way to get it to stop so that Ethan would calm down and the house would go back to it's normal weirdness.

We are still experiencing spirits popping up but not with the fervor it was happening before the ritual. I heard knocking above my desk the other night and it went all the way around the dinning room before it stopped.

I bought an odor detecting air freshener that goes off if it detects odors and now it goes off all the time because the spirits that pop up like to play with it.

ThirdGenRetail
01-10-2012, 03:42 AM
She has also tried to play fetch with the dog in the cemetery. Bubbles ran off, when I caught up with her, she grabbed my hand and took me down one of the aisles saying "Look, a big doggy! Hiiii doggy!" I asked what colour it is and she said "Is black doggy, happy black doggy." *picks up stick and throws* "Fetch doggy! Oh, he no play. Aww happy doggy!" Considering that it was standing between her and a sharp drop into a fast river near a weir, I'm taking it as protective apparition rather than a bad omen.

At first I thought that might have been a black dog/grim(Bad omen), but the wiki article led me to the Church Grim (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_Grim), so I think that may be what Bubbles came across. Which I'd guess is a good thing, because they're supposed to be attendant spirits to their particular church. Either way, I'd say your notion that it was being protective was a good notion, because it stood between Bubbles and the river, instead of chasing the stick. [/offtopic]

I've always had this feeling of being watched at night... It's part of why I hate being outside... In the dark... Alone... *Ulp* I tend to have a LOT of lights on, finding security in them for it. But before we moved here, that's all it was - Feeling watched(Though I may have been hallucinating it, I swear I saw this iiiiiitty bitty tiny cat or something in my sister's desk once when I was about 8 or so and wanted to 'camp' in her room).

And then we moved here...

One night, while I waited for my mother to come home(This was back in 2002, so I was 15-ish at the time), and at the time, we only had one cat(Tex - We now have... Four or five... *Headscratch*), and neither of the dogs we have now. Now, Tex is off on my left, and I swear, as I sat there relaxing in the chair, this HUGE BLACK SHAPE darted across the floor :eek: It looked like a rat out of the corner of my eye, but it was almost as big as my CAT! I look over, and....

Nothing.

About a year later, I had another experience. Now, I know this wasn't my mother, because she's worse at chess than I am(I proclaim 'novice/beginner' status on my abilities with it). I had the glass chess set set up on the table, because I intended to teach my mother to play... Or try to. Well, I come home from school after a couple days, and a piece had moved! So I moved one... Eh, why not? A few days later, another one moved! I made another move...

And then I think I scared whatever it was off by leaving a little note that said "Your go". Made me sad, actually... First game of chess NOT against a computer in a while, and I scared my mysterious opponent off. If I knew where all the pieces have escaped to and didn't worry about my animals knocking everything over, I'd set it up and try again.

Also, still get that 'I know it feels like/Someone is WATching meeee' feeling.

ThirdGenRetail
01-10-2012, 04:10 AM
And after reading further through the thread after Mishi's post, I remembered something my mother and I shared when we lived up in Washington.

Before we moved, we rented a three-bedroom house. Nothing abnormal, really(Though that's where I started getting the 'I feel watched' feelings, particularly in the garage and my bedroom. The latter wasn't helped by the fact I had a Chewbaca standup, and... Yeah, that's startling to wake up to every morning, even knowing that it's there :lol: ). Well, one evening, I don't remember what I was doing, possibly playing with my stuffed animals, but I was in my bedroom, on my bed... And I heard this huge, VERY loud CAW outside my bedroom window :eek: I hurried to my mother and asked if she heard it - And she said she HAD :eek: It was like the BIGGEST crow ever had cawed outside my window! *Faint*

Misanthropical
01-10-2012, 04:58 AM
I am 41 years old and I'm terrified of the dark. I mean complete panic attack if I'm alone in a completely dark room, all because of my experiences with the paranormal growing up. Mr. Mis understands this and doesn't mind that I need a night light.

I told Mr. Mis about my "gift" before we were engaged and some of my quirks. He told me he didn't have a problem with my "gift" even though he was a skeptic when we were first married (not anymore) and that my quirks are part of what makes me adorable. :rolleyes:

He knows that when I tell him about things I have experienced here in our home it isn't because I'm trying to freak him out but because I enjoy talking about it with someone who believes me.

Mishi
01-10-2012, 06:54 AM
@ThirdGenRetail: Yeah, it didn't make me feel sick so I wasn't worried. :)

@Mis: Just wondering if your shadow people looked like the Grim Reaper, minus the scythe and with darkness where the face should be.

Cazzi
01-10-2012, 10:21 AM
I don't think I've had any paranormal happenings in my past, but then again, I don't seem to have the recall of my past most people do. I have fairly large gaps if I try to think back and only seem to remember odd bits & pieces that have happened within those gaps.

I live in this house with 2 older kids who spend a fair bit of their time in their rooms doing their own things. My son also has the habit of coming downstairs & poking me in the ribs when I'm sat at my computer with my headphones on and my back to the window.. really wish he wouldn't do that.

Saying that, lately I have quite often felt there is someone behind me about to touch my shoulder or something when there is no one there; or someone is passing me just not quite out of my range of vision. This is sometimes accompanied by the sound of someone clearing their throat.
Given in mind my sons habit of poking me in the ribs, at first I thought I was just tensing up waiting for that to happen, but it doesn't feel like it, I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck start to stand up. Similar for the movement, I could put it down to someone on the street outside or the tree in my front garden waving, but it doesn't feel like it!

I also feel very uneasy if I am in a room on my own with the doors that lead to an exit from the house closed. Hell, I even leave the bathroom door slightly ajar while I'm in there and cannot sleep in my bed with my bedroom door shut; although if I have company, the door being shut isn't a problem.

Typing this up also seems to have triggered a sort of memory. In my teens I sometimes had flashes of things just before they happened. Not often & I don't think anything major, but odd all the same.

Misanthropical
01-10-2012, 03:21 PM
@ThirdGenRetail: Yeah, it didn't make me feel sick so I wasn't worried. :)

@Mis: Just wondering if your shadow people looked like the Grim Reaper, minus the scythe and with darkness where the face should be.

The one I saw during sleep paralysis did sort of look like that. It was bad enough when I just sensed evil during sleep paralysis it's a whole different kettle of fish when I "see" evil during it. When I was growing up, I had sleep paralysis and never saw a thing and didn't until a few years ago when I kept seeing that thing by the book case.

I forgot to ask my sleep specialist why during sleep paralysis it's always something evil people sense or see. It's never a warm fuzzy feeling. And, if it is just as sleep disorder why people all over the world see the same thing? Not everyone sees a shadow person but a lot do. Not everyone sees an old hag but a lot do. Why is that?

The shadow person my little guy saw just looked like a regular man that was darker than the a dark room would be. The little guy wasn't afraid of it since it just looked in the room he was in from the hallway and then left.

I saw one in the parking lot one night that just looked like a regular man walking by, but darker than the night. That is when I decided that the little guy and I had looked at the stars long enough and we should get in as fast as we could. I also saw a shadow cat (not a regular black cat, since I don't get a sense of evil off of them) and Oscar (the stray we played with) saw it too, hissed and ran into hiding, that is when I decided Oscar had the right idea and the little guy and I went back inside as fast as we could.

Mishi
01-11-2012, 12:16 AM
I'm sure that I've posted about it before, but that's the type that I saw as a kid and it once tried to get me to follow it into a closed room with a hard to open door. I only ever saw them after worse than usual fights with my mother. I told her about them and she said that they were demons sent to tempt me due to my bad behaviour, the 'fact' that she was at war with the local coven and I was weakening her spiritually by misbehaving so they were trying to turn me to their side, that I needed to submit to her authority and pray a lot in order to stay safe. Yeah, I had an uber-pentecostal childhood too; it really sucks that I didn't see just how bad she was until I stopped talking to her and started feeling safe enough to go "Hang on, this is not normal and this is not how any child should ever be treated."

Misanthropical
01-13-2012, 02:58 AM
I was scared spitless as a child because of the whole "spirits are really demons" thing. Of course, some of them were scary and would yell at me so that made me believe that they could all be demons.

When I left the church and home is when I started to fully believe that yes, there is really evil things out there but most of the spirits were not evil or demons.

I do fully believe that the shadow people are pure evil though.

Sapphire Silk
01-14-2012, 03:19 AM
Panacea, that's seriously freaky. Did the counselor ever explain why she turned around so soon?

She said that she felt something was wrong as soon as she stepped on shore . . . and it got worse with every step. "Something doesn't want us here," was how she ended the conversation. We really didn't want to talk much about it as it was dark, and the next day everyone just wanted to forget the whole thing.

The temperature actually dropped a bit. It had been in the 70's all day . . . then felt like it was in the 40's, until we got far enough away.

I don't know what was in that house . . . and I'm glad I didn't find out.

Amusement Gal
01-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Speaking of Pixies... My stones (mostly Amethyst and Quartz, luffs them so much) go missing on occasion. I mean, eventually I find them, but I can't help but wonder if I have some playful roommates that like to borrow them. That, and I have an Amethyst rock that no matter what, as soon as I found it, would be missing by the time I wake up in the morning. It's been about a year, and I still can't find the damned thing! I think it doesn't like me... :lol: And this isn't a separate incident. It's only that stone, and it always goes missing for months on end, and then I find it in some rinky-dink place I already looked eons ago. I think it's missing for good now.

Aside from that and being paranoid when I'm alone and it's dark, the only other main thing is a slight feeling of being watched sometimes (I openly admit that I have an overactive imagination. This is probably most of the cases), and seeing an orb on the day I moved to my boyfriend's house. Still think Grandma said 'Hi'. :D

dragon_wings
01-16-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm not very aware of the paranormal but I respect those that do. Both my boyfriend and my ex girlfriend are aware of the paranormal. I'd like to think I'm more aware then I used to be but I can't say for sure. I know I'm a lot more open to it then I was and I know to be cautious.

Moogles
01-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Wow. My whole family is sensitive in some way. My mom can sense what is wrong with people, its what makes her such a good nurse. She can look at a baby and give an exact time that they'll go into cardiac arrest (she did that in front of a doctor once, never again did that doctor question my mother ordering meds). She knew I was pregnant before I even did, and she has some sort of sense of things that have happened.

My aunt can see auras. She described the aura of a girl in her class as being a rainbow mohawk. Turns out the girl had epilepsy.

My brother can sense things, but he has chosen to ignore it.

It's hard to tell who's more sensitive to things, myself or my mother. I think my beliefs (I'm a spiritualist) make me more aware of whats happening. Ex: We had to put our first dog down because he went insane. That night, I woke up to him sitting on my bed looking very sad. To this day I think he visited to let me know he was sorry for snapping at me. I can sort of see the future. I get these dreams about what will happen, and I get to know what my possible choices are, BUT I only see the outcome of one choice. These used to make me pass out when they came true, now I only get a little dizzy. The spirit of my grandmother is in my house, but as an angel. Whenever I pay certain songs on my piano, I feel her there, and when I turn around I see the most beautiful wings moving away from me.

My husband was a little skeptical about all this when we were dating. After the first few times that I told him I knew exactly what he had gotten me for gifts, he admitted defeat:P He knows he can't surprise me.

My daughter is sensitive as well. We co-slept with her shortly after she was born (and yes, we had a proper bassinet in the bed). One day she woke up and shrieked. I turned around, and there was the ghost of my husband's great-uncle in the door to our room. I told him that while I understood he wanted to check on her, right now it was scaring her. He left and she calmed down immediately.

isitdeadyet
01-19-2012, 12:35 AM
I've had a host of strange things happen to me and my friends over the years. The creepiest being the animals of unnatural size. I've seen rabbits the size a german shepherds, monstrous coyotes and other size mismatching. There are quite a few reservations in these parts and I've heard enough about skin-walkers to just happily go the other way, quickly.

When I was younger some friends and I got a very, very stupid idea in our heads to do a seance. We started around midnight and everything didn't fizzle out until well into the early morning around 5 or 6. It had only felt like half an hour. The details are fuzzy, since it was so long ago, but I remember seeing a wolf out the second story window and hearing this...humming. The weird thing is I had heard it before I didn't place in until weeks later. It was the same song I heard being whistled out from behind my TV when I was the only one awake.

We also seem to have extra pets and have learned when we call our dogs in to never, ever just say everyone. Did that once and there were four dogs and we only have three. It's the same with our cats. We don't count the cats. When, Modern Warfare, i think came out my husband got the night vision goggles and was mucking about with them and I guess peeked into the bedroom. I was asleep at the time, but her told me there were two cats in the bedroom and one in the living room. Quill was in the living room and Pru, my cat, was sleeping above my head. We only had the two so cat number three was worrisome.

protege
01-22-2012, 12:56 AM
I was asleep at the time, but her told me there were two cats in the bedroom and one in the living room. Quill was in the living room and Pru, my cat, was sleeping above my head. We only had the two so cat number three was worrisome.

Maybe the previous resident had a cat that died in the residence?

I too have a ghost kitty. Snow, my 2-year-old, deaf (but very sweet) white kitty had a heart attack, and died in my kitchen. Before she died, she seemed very happy here, especially when you consider that she spent quite awhile in the shelter before I adopted her. Nobody wanted a "defective" cat. From what I was told, she spent months in the shelter...and would have probably been put to sleep had I not adopted her. So, it's only natural that she would "stick around."

After she died, I never saw her directly--she always showed up as a white flash, usually running in and out of the living room. It's been awhile since she's made herself known. But, I do think that my current kitties can see her...and will chase her around the house :lol:

Snow can stay as long as she likes.

Eireann
01-22-2012, 11:11 AM
My darling kitty has made her presence known to me. She developed an odd smell (no doubt due to the virus), which left when she did. At least four times, I've encountered that same smell, and I know it's not my other kitty. I've also seen her out of the corner of my eye at least once.

And I'm so glad.

MournBlade
01-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Before I had any housepets other than a red eared turtle and was living alone on the top floor of an appartment building in Germany. This happened :

I went to bed in the afternoon after night shift. I was asleep for I don't know how long and I felt something heavy pressing down on my chest making it hard to breathe.
I felt hot air blast me in the face it was hotter than anything I felt even opening a hot oven seemed cooler than this.
It was very hard to wake up, when I did finally manage to wake up I saw 2 red glowing eyes floating in front of me. I don't know why but I felt like I was in the presence of pure evil I think i prayed or called out to God and it left but I can't remember for sure.

A few weeks later I rescued a cat from a shelter, I had looked at many cats and none seemed quite right for me. I was done looking and was going to leave when I for some reason went to a cage the shelter people had told me contained a Momma cat whose babies were all adopted and since noone wanted - were going to put down. I looked in the cage and saw the most pitiful looking bedraggled cat I had ever seen, tangled long fur with large patches missing. I was told she did not like people and was shocked when she walked up to me stuck her paw out of the cage and patted my arm. I immediatly fell in love with this poor creature and took her home - she picked me?!?

She seemed to chase things I could sometimes barely see out of the corner of my eyes. And I remember her shrieking and clawing up my bed upstairs not long after I got her. She sounded just like some cats I have heard fighting each other tooth and nail in serious fights.

I might be imagining things but she was a very special cat and every place I moved to while she was still alive she seemed to "cleanse" the place of bad or evil spirits. She was also an unusually dignified cat and had a regal bearing about her.

firecat88
01-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Hmm...I'm beginning to notice something interesting.

My side of the house (which consists of my room, my bathroom, and my sister's old bedroom) is almost always cold. Even in the summer, where we get to the triple-digits, there's almost always a chill in the air. I'm constantly, at night, feeling things walking around and watching me sleep.

A few weeks ago, though, my sister was here for a visit. While she was here, she and my dad spent the week-or-so remodeling the guest bathroom. There was day's worth of painting involved, so we opened all the windows in the house to clear out the fumes. This included opening my bedroom window, which doesn't get opened much, and pulling back the curtains as well. Even after the window was closed back up, only the inner curtain that sits directly in the window frame (I've been meaning to replace this one) has been closed back up. The outer curtain that hangs from the wall is still open, and I think it looks prettier that way. Also, my room is brighter.

Anyways, the point is that my room feels...quieter now. My sister's room is still *extremely* chilly (in fact, possibly moreso than before), but mine isn't as bad anymore. Also, I don't get the feelings that something is staring at me at night. Could opening my curtains and windows have helped?

bhskittykatt
01-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Anyways, the point is that my room feels...quieter now. My sister's room is still *extremely* chilly (in fact, possibly moreso than before), but mine isn't as bad anymore. Also, I don't get the feelings that something is staring at me at night. Could opening my curtains and windows have helped?

Possibly. After all, there are cultures that believe that when someone dies, you should open all the doors and windows so their spirit doesn't get trapped in the room.

telecom_goddess
01-23-2012, 07:49 PM
I feel so left out, I have never had a paranormal experience in my life :cry:

What can I do to change that...can you make something happen to you?

Primer
01-23-2012, 09:08 PM
The only "real" hauntings I've ever had have been from my dogs. Trixie crossed the Rainbow Bridge just last night. I'm sure she will be back to visit.

firecat88
01-23-2012, 09:25 PM

My advice? Do *not* go looking for an experience. People who actively go out and try to *make* something happen, whether by trying to piss an entity off or intentionally summon something to them, often get hurt.

If you want to open your senses a bit, though, then I suggest investing in either some rose quartz, agate, or limestone.

bhskittykatt
01-23-2012, 09:48 PM
The only "real" hauntings I've ever had have been from my dogs. Trixie crossed the Rainbow Bridge just last night. I'm sure she will be back to visit.

:hug: Sorry to hear about Trixie.

telecom_goddess
01-23-2012, 11:02 PM
My advice? Do *not* go looking for an experience. People who actively go out and try to *make* something happen, whether by trying to piss an entity off or intentionally summon something to them, often get hurt.

If you want to open your senses a bit, though, then I suggest investing in either some rose quartz, agate, or limestone.

I've been carrying around a quartz for about 15 years now....hasn't helped.

I guess I"m more the type to not "summon" so much but I would like to go explore a place that's supposedly haunted.

Amusement Gal
01-23-2012, 11:31 PM
I've been carrying around a quartz for about 15 years now....hasn't helped.

I guess I"m more the type to not "summon" so much but I would like to go explore a place that's supposedly haunted.

Just don't go anywhere TOO nasty. Haven't had it myself, but I'm sure there are some hitchhikers if they like you enough. I've had some other stones that help with 'awareness' of things. Each stone is different for each person though. So far, with a bit of research, the stones that can raise awareness aside from Quarts would be Citrine, and Amethyst. There were others on the list, but these are the most common and easy to find, so I didn't list them. Just be careful with Amethyst; before I got used to them, they'd make me really sleepy. :lol:

You can also cleanse your current stone with some spring water and sea salt. Mix those together in a glass container (no plastic or metal), and cover the stone all the way; let it soak for at least 3-4 hours. You can let it stay in longer, but don't reuse the salt water for anything else, it's already used up. Hope that helps a little!

BrenDAnn
01-24-2012, 02:34 AM
I've never really had any encounters, but I have had what I consider premonitions. For example, I dreamt about my dad being in the hospital, and a year later he was. I dreamt that we were at a hospital, where a family member was dying...within the year, my mother was in the hospital, dying of cancer. Most recently, I had a dream where I distinctly remember being told to call my 16 year old niece, one of their family members was sick or something. I woke with the eerie feeling of premonition, but tried to shake it off. Shortly thereafter found out that it was my niece that was sick, with a thyroid condition. A minor example which I'm not sure counts is when Mom was still alive, I would know every time when she called that it was her, without caller ID. I just...knew. I don't know why.

bhskittykatt
01-24-2012, 03:02 AM
I've had some vaguely premonitory dreams. The most notable case was I dreamt I saw Boss Man holding a fire extinguisher. When I got to work that day, I found out one of the boilers caught fire, and Boss Man had tried to put it out with an extinguisher. Other times, I'll dream that they'll be a speed trap in a certain spot, or I'll have a convo with Hubby, and later those things happen.

The problem is, though, I never know until after it happens. I thought I had it figured out, since the dreams had a certain "feel" to them (certain amount of vividness and lucidity). I had a dream once that my credit union was having a customer appreciation day and was celebrating with a taco bar, and the dream had that "feel". I waited all day for a taco bar to plop into my life. I even went to my credit union. No taco bar. :( By the end of the day, I was really craving tacos, but by then it was too late to go anywhere. :( So I don't trust myself if I think a dream is premonitory, because apparently I just can't tell.

isitdeadyet
01-24-2012, 03:33 AM
Maybe the previous resident had a cat that died in the residence?

My husband's mom bought the house new, so we know it's not that. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of his kitties. He had one, Amber, who was his kitty mommy. It doesn't worry me much, but as I said, no counting animals. Heh.

firecat88
01-24-2012, 03:38 AM
The problem is, though, I never know until after it happens. I thought I had it figured out, since the dreams had a certain "feel" to them (certain amount of vividness and lucidity). I had a dream once that my credit union was having a customer appreciation day and was celebrating with a taco bar, and the dream had that "feel". I waited all day for a taco bar to plop into my life. I even went to my credit union. No taco bar. :( By the end of the day, I was really craving tacos, but by then it was too late to go anywhere. :( So I don't trust myself if I think a dream is premonitory, because apparently I just can't tell.

Some dreams are premonitory. Others are just your subconscious on crack. XD The ones that are the former will happen just as you described it- If something *did* happen that your dream was trying to clue you in on, you'll know about it shortly after said dream.

Kittish
01-24-2012, 07:09 AM
My boyfriend insists that no spirits can enter this house, but I have to say that he's wrong about that. I know of at least one spirit, for certain, that he can't bar, since at least some of her ashes are physically present here; his previous girlfriend, who was also a friend of mine, and who passed away almost 2 years before BF and I became a couple. I've seen or heard her a few times, and felt her presence several other times, and I've let her know each time that I'm aware of her, and that I'm taking good care of her boyfriend, and that she's welcome to drop by anytime.

I've also been 'haunted' by the spirits of cats that have passed away, but it's never been at all scary or bad. They show up most often when I get settled in bed, and snuggle up just where they always ever did when they were alive, and start purring at me.

One of the places I worked at had several apparitions, but I don't think any of them were true ghosts, just echoes of people who had worked there in the past. Little snippets of 'video tape' as it were, endlessly repeating and fading a little bit with each circuit of the loop.

I've never encountered a shadow person, but then I've also always had guardians.

I tend, under some circumstances to be what I can really only describe as somewhat telepathic. It's not at all uncommon to be talking with someone and answer a comment or question just before they can type or voice it. This tends to freak people out just a tad around the third or fourth time I do it in a single conversation. Especially when it involves a major topic change that can't really be forshadowed by the conversation. Oddly, it seems to happen most frequently in text conversations.

firecat88
01-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Ok, something seriously weird happened just now. I'm sitting in the cafe at school, just killing time before class, and it's surprisingly not crowded despite the fact that it's cold and snowy outside. So I'm just sitting here and I feel a huge blast of warm air blow by me, combined with the hair-standing-on-end-oh-God-what-is-behind-me feeling. I look behind me and no one is close enough to have just walked by. O.o Not sure what to make of it.

ShadowTiger
02-06-2012, 02:16 AM
A few things.

I'm trying to get into the New-Age movement as much as I can, considering the sheer quantity of connections that have become apparent in terms of human history regarding ... a lot of things that happened 13,000+/- years ago, actually. I consider myself a skeptic, but only because if I become too open minded, I will believe anything that comes my way without feeling the need to validate it so it at least has a chance to become actual truth and not hearsay or tale alone.

So a few of the personal experiences that I've had are as such.

A dramatic increase in the number of coincidences that have been occurring over the past year or so. I do know the definition of coincidence, and hell, just about anything can be declared to be a coincidence on a whim. What I am referring to is the number of things that can be called coincidence that are increasing. It's just the sheer fact that there are a lot more opportunities to call something a coincidence, is all.

It's stuff like, talking about someone (Nice things, of course) with someone else, then that someone walks into the room, or me finding a packet of key blanks that I've never, ever seen before come in on the truck that nobody remembers ordering, (Automatic order system, plus they would have e-mailed us about them if they were a special order, which didn't happen) and then having to need that blank the very same day. (The customer didn't order it either, and he just wanted to see if we could make it. I asked.) Lots of coincidences like that. Lots of them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an Otherkin (http://www.otherkin.net/articles/what.html), and have made friends with ... many ... other Otherkin on Facebook. (The definition doesn't matter. All you need to know, is that I'm one of a group of 80+ tightly knit people all around the world, to throw a horribly incorrect definition structure out there. What Otherkin are doesn't really matter, save for a few metaphysical elements.) It's a long story of finally finding a word to describe something other than the similar "Therianthrope" condition, (Still spiritually inclined, though tending to be far more physically expressed, I suppose.)...

Long story short, (If possible, heh.) in May of April 2010, one morning, I woke up feeling kind of weird. Definitely a new feeling. Can't really describe it, but it was a small change in overall expressive personality. I never felt like eating, would constantly go hungry and not care at all, (And could handle that hunger easily.) and all of my favorite foods now made me sick, and I could barely even eat a quarter of what I used to be able to eat.

The day after the condition arose, on Facebook, one of the Otherkin I had friended (Who had "awoken" to the term in a similar timeframe as I had) posted something on her wall as her status of something similar to what I was experiencing. I asked her to describe what she was going through, and she described exactly what I was experiencing. I privately messaged her if she was experiencing the rest of what I had experienced, and she concurred entirely, point for point. Weird.

So I sent a message to the person who had introduced us to the concept of Otherkin, having been one herself for far longer and being more familiar with the metaphysics of it all, and upon being urged to do so, sent a blind survey around to her 'kin friends in the network. The results came back that 95% of us had undergone a similar ordeal, with about 10% of that 95% having had the opposite effect: Eating more, which was desperately unusual for their thinnish frames, and a certain percentage went from complete vegan, to craving and mercilessly indulging in meat that they had never eaten before.

This is a group of at least 80 people, we're talking, ... all scattered around the world. Every continent, all within the span of a week.

Some of us went to doctors, and nobody could find anything wrong or worth worrying about.

It's one of the things that ties together my faith and trust in metaphysics these days, though for all the research I've done, I still can't find a darn thing that explains it. I mean there have been even more things tying us as a bunch together, but that was the most interesting thing, I'd say.

dragon_wings
02-06-2012, 02:49 AM
What ShadowTiger said (about Otherkin and their change in appetite), well I can confirm it. I was there and witnessed it (and experienced) myself.

ShadowTiger
02-06-2012, 03:32 AM
Woo, thank you. ^^ Definitely. One of the reasons why I still think of that is due to lack of confirmation bias. Any interviewing was done in a way that didn't provoke a loaded answer.

I base my beliefs on the works of Michael Newton (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QDT58Q6Zxo) and Brian Weiss (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BVJfAXp_Hc), in conjunction with the somewhat more scientific discoveries tapped into by David Wilcock and a few others in their search for the truth behind this reality and what goes on behind the woodworks.

From what I'm learning, it feels like hauntings and the second half of my previous post are actually weirder than a lot of the stuff that most people would consider weird. Hauntings, seances, cleansings, aura readings, and so on, although of the most tangible of experiences, are actually the hardest to explain in terms of New-Agey metaphysical thinking. Hauntings, for example, shouldn't be as common as they apparently are. It's one thing for a spirit to wish to announce themselves after death, but it's another for one to stay in a place for a long time and make its presence known. Keep in mind, every single soul has one (Or more!) guide(s) watching over it at all times, alive or between lives, and although they do give the freedom to the soul to wander the Earth, they don't encourage it. It leads to time wasted. We just happen to have this unconditional love thing happening, so we aren't really pushed into anything we aren't ready to do. (All this according to Michael Newton's findings.)

Misanthropical
02-06-2012, 06:17 AM

It's like someone else said, do not go out looking for an experience, you do not know who will come through that open door. It's like leaving the front and back doors of your home open all the time.

I tell my children to never seek it out and if they do and bring something nasty home, they will have to deal with it because they are the ones who opened the door and they have to be the ones to close it. It's not worth it.

Trust me, you don't want to envy those of us with this "gift" because it is a huge burden to have. Since I grew up with it, it is a part of me and I would be lost without it, but don't envy that.

I, just recently, turned on the radio in my bedroom, so I could hear it when I was taking a shower. When I was done, I could have sworn I heard a man humming along. I believe it was Ethan and he wasn't expecting me to be done so fast.

Amusement Gal
02-06-2012, 04:42 PM
I admit, it would be interesting to experience something, aside from a feeling from behind, but I'm not gonna push it. Besides, SEEING things like that generally are worse than feeling or hearing them, I would like to think. :lol: A sensitive (she could see spirits, among things) did tell me that I'm powerful, but I'm not too inclined to believe it if the best I can do is cleanse a house and meditate! Then again, I might just be really good at those... :D

Wild Mage
02-07-2012, 01:15 AM
In regards to the pixie thing I think its really interesting that other people have had that similar experience. My roomate and I had/have (I think she took most of them with her when she left) what we called "goblins" (due to the influence of Labyrinth on our young minds) that would do pretty much the same thing. I've never had so many nail clippers go missing in my life, several things were mysteriously unplugged, and many things have gone missing only to end up in the weirdest places imaginable. She always had a better knack for dealing with them than I did, when she asked for things back they'd usually give them to her but they tend to ignore me :(
Also, when my aunt died her sister (my other aunt) had a dream that night about her and she told her that it had gotten too much for her (she had many health problems and would have declined rapidly from that point on) and that she was going to go be with her Mimi (grandmother) now. It comforted my aunt and my family so much and I think thats what she wanted before she left this world to have us understand that she was simply ready to go, to stop suffering, and join her beloved grandmother.
Other than that I haven't had any "paranormal" experiences except as a kid when I thought the toilets at summer camp were haunted because of the scary noises they made :) I grew out of that and havenever been creeped out by them since, when I returned as a counselor. It's interesting to read about the experiences other people have had because no one I know has had anything like this happen to them. I was actually really surprised at the number of people who responded with their own stories. I think I'm glad that I just have my goblins though since I am pretty easily freaked out.

Mishi
02-07-2012, 01:30 AM
Not sure if I've already mentioned this, but my cousin 'visited' me in a dream on the opposite site of the country around the time that she died. She was dressed up and applying makeup in my parent's ensuite, chatting to me about how excited she was to go to this huge party and how much fun she was going to have. She stood up, said goodbye and gave me a hug. I asked "How are you standing? That's amazing!" and she told me "Oh hun, I don't need my wheelchair anymore. I'm all better now." She walked out of the room, I blinked and she was gone. I looked all through the house for her and couldn't find her.

Turned out that the outfit she was wearing in the dream was the one that she was laid out in. She still pops in to visit her mum from time to time, and her rose flowers whenever something stressful is happening in the family (It has the same name as her and some of her ashes are in it's pot.)

Our bedroom door locked itself the other day. There's no key for it and none of the windows were open, so there were no drafts. Rugz had the fun of smashing it off and replacing it. That's why my sig now includes a comment about the dratted pixies :p

Misanthropical
02-08-2012, 07:51 AM
We call Ethan our house spirit now, since he seems to be around so much and we think he tries to keep other spirits out since he has permission to be here and they don't. He doesn't spend all his time here and I'm not really sure where he goes when he is not here but he always comes back.

Ethan isn't a pixie but we always assume he takes things and hides them from us until I asked for it back and then it appears in a place everyone has already looked in 5 times before. I have wondered, since others have mentioned it, if it's not him at all but pixies.

I have a rule that applies to the living and the spirits. There is not touching me without my express written consent unless I'm married to you or gave birth to you. So, Ethan will sneak up on me sometimes when I'm preoccupied and tug on my clothes. I can picture him laughing about it and saying "I didn't touch you! I touched your clothes!" He thinks he is hilarious. He has to wait till I'm preoccupied otherwise I will sense him there.

We do plan on moving with a year or two and want him to come with us if he wants to do so.

Amusement Gal I think picking up the spirits and/or other peoples emotions are the worse part of it. Yes, I can pick up on living peoples emotions even if they just walk by me.

Mr. Mis has me meet people he will have to be around because I can usually tell what kind of person people are just by being near them and they haven't said a word yet.

I usually throw my hair in a ponytail to keep it out of my way (getting it cut short again soon) and lately when I go into a store, restaurant what ever and Mr. Mis is off somewhere else, it will get lightly tugged on (not in a violent or hurtful way). I whip around to see who took such liberties and of course there is no one living around. I don't know what the fascination with my hair is about by spirits lately.

I have had a Buddhist monk tell me that I'm lucky because I straddle two worlds. And, because I had a near death experience when I was about 7 that it made the spiritual world even more aware of me.

Sakka
02-08-2012, 10:37 AM
I can't comment much on the paranormal, for as long as I can recall, haven't been sensitive to anything out of the ordinary. I think a few of my friends growing up were, as there were several times where they would be weirded out by a place or such, but to me it didn't seem any different from anywhere else.
When we were about ten years old or so, a couple friends were very freaked out by a weird shadow in a brightly lit hallway in an old house. I was the only one who didn’t see what was freaking them out; I just saw a brightly lit hallway, no shadows, nothing moving, etc. I walked to where they were describing the shadow was. As I was looking side to side to try to see anything, I was told whatever it was wasn’t there now. I turned around, and they turned pale, saying that my face was all shadowed until I took a couple steps towards them. For the next several years, every so often I would catch at least one person from that group looking at me oddly. When questioned about it, the only answer I would ever get was that the light around me was weird and it looked like I was in shadows, or couldn’t be seen clearly. :shrug:
We’ve drifted apart over the years now. Typing all this up, I wonder what they remember from that time, if anything.
I should also note that there have been times where I have been dressed all in black, leaning against a white wall, and had someone walk past me several times, then ask the person right beside me if they had seen me. :doh:

The only conscious paranormal bit that I can lay claim to involves the weather. It appears that mom's side of the family can influence weather conditions. I don't know if it's an oldest of the oldest kind of thing, (grandpa oldest sibling, mom oldest sibling, me) or if the other relatives on that side can do it as well. If they can, no one has mentioned anything within my hearing, and the few times I brought it up when I was still quite young and could get away with being weird, I would end up with a long lecture about weather patterns, climate, and how people can't change them. ... The cat butt face when I'd then innocently ask how come the weather was always so wonky around grandpa would be amusing. :D

For years while growing up, my grandparents live in Saskatchewan and would spend the winters on the coast of British Columbia. As part of the yearly migration back and forth, they would stop here and visit for anywhere from a couple days to a week or so. Every single year, it didn't matter when they would start the trip, what the weather was like, etc. A week before they were to arrive here in BC for their visit. We would get lousy weather, heavy rain, snow, sleet, etc. Anywhere from a couple hours to a day before they would arrive, it would suddenly clear up. Within an hour of everything they needed being unloaded and put into the house, the rain or snow would start right back up. And continue until the morning that they were planning to leave. Usually by around noon, the bad weather would return and let us have it until it was done. Eventually got to the point that certain classmates and teachers at the school would ask if my grandparents were in the area by how the weather was behaving. :doh:
Grandparents commented a couple times about motel workers along their route who would comment about the weather having been incredibly bad, letting up a couple minutes before grandparents arrived at the motel, and then the rain/thunder/snow/blizzard would start right back up as soon as grandparents had signed into the motel for the night. The weather would only let up in the morning as they would get ready to resume their trip, and as soon as out of the city/town limits, the place would get walloped with the weather again.

One year, the neighbours were travelling the same route as the grandparents and upon their return commented to the parents that it was the damndest thing they had ever seen. So long as they were within a certain distance of the grandparents, the weather was great, road conditions good, etc. Stray too far ahead or behind, and the weather would beat on their vehicle mercilessly until they got back into the bubble of good weather around grandparents vehicle.

I do remember that when I was old enough to notice this effect with weather on my own, if I could ‘push’ on certain areas, the direction of the wind would change, or the temperature would change. For the next several summers, when I’d start to get too hot, there was always a cooling breezing blowing against my hottest side. Unfortunately, I have pale skin and reddish hair, and one of the ways that my young self would try to avoid sunburns was to seek shelter when I would get too hot. Now that there was the ever present breeze keeping me cool, I would never notice the sunburn forming until it was far too late to do anything about it besides try to find a freezer to hide in and wait for it to peel and heal.
One very hot summer, I was talking over the computer with a friend in Ontario who was complaining about the heat and that how there was a breeze, but it was hitting the building he lived in from the wrong direction. After a couple questions, pulled up some maps for the area (topographical, weather, city, etc) and very quickly and lightly touched the screen in three spots on the maps, ‘pushing’ at the same time. Just as I was touching the third spot, I got a panicked message asking what had happened as the shifting breeze had just turned his place into a wind tunnel. Oops. :D:angel::roll:

And from reading this thread, I am now convinced that the computer tech shop at work has either pixies or gremlins. It is very common for one of us to put a tool or part down, reach for it a couple seconds later, and it’s gone. Sometimes it turns up later, sometimes it doesn’t. I have noticed that if I verbally say what I am looking for, where I put it, and that I am losing my :censored: mind, roughly 75% of the time, the missing tool or part turns up in the next couple seconds. ... Right where I thought it was. :doh:

Amusement Gal
02-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Amusement Gal I think picking up the spirits and/or other peoples emotions are the worse part of it. Yes, I can pick up on living peoples emotions even if they just walk by me.

Mr. Mis has me meet people he will have to be around because I can usually tell what kind of person people are just by being near them and they haven't said a word yet.

I usually throw my hair in a ponytail to keep it out of my way (getting it cut short again soon) and lately when I go into a store, restaurant what ever and Mr. Mis is off somewhere else, it will get lightly tugged on (not in a violent or hurtful way). I whip around to see who took such liberties and of course there is no one living around. I don't know what the fascination with my hair is about by spirits lately.

I have had a Buddhist monk tell me that I'm lucky because I straddle two worlds. And, because I had a near death experience when I was about 7 that it made the spiritual world even more aware of me.

For me, it's mostly frustrating because I see it just right out of the corner of my eye. That's it. An average day spent in my room is whipping my head around and looking at things I thought moved or went by. :runaway: If I'm gonna be aware of a tiny bit of it, go all the way, damnit. I'd still be glancing around like a maniac! I think the main reason is that I'm paranoid, and purify like crazy. And you can't have too much stuff showing up if you kick it out so often. But I'd rather have clean than infested. :shrug: So nothing I can do about it, I just like whining.

Moogles
02-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Misanthropical, you mentioned a near death experience. I do had one, actually there were about to pronouce me dead. I had a severe reaction to Gravol when I was 17 months old (at home 15min drive from the hospital), had a seizure and crashed. The Drs still don't know quite how I made it, tho they credit my mom (a nurse) for giving me CPR in the car on the way to the hospital..

I haven't felt my grandmother recently, I guess she's watching over my mom right now.

There is another presence that I sense, and I know for a fact who it is. My mom knows who it is as well, and can also sense it, but to a lesser degree. There's a room we stay in at my mom bf's house (she lives with him) when we visit. It used to be his daughters. His daughter, was murdered just OUTSIDE that very same room by her bf, who then shot himself in the face. This was 11 years ago. His daughter is still around that house, and seems to spend most of her time in that room. It's not a malevolent presence, it's just... there

Moogles
02-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Well, my daughter's sensitivity has just gone up to a whole new level. We never watch the news, so there's no way she could have known about the weather. She walks up to me two days ago, with her head tilted to one side and says

"Mom, a storm is coming"

And then yesterday, walking up to me the same way

"Mom, storm is almost here. A storm is coming"

What happened last night? A freaking snow storm came out of nowhere. I told my mom, and we've agreed to encourage whatever she has. I just hope she doesn't scare people with her gift.

wraiths_crono
02-11-2012, 12:02 AM
I have seen spirits and energies and this stuff for as long as I have memories, and currently at my house we have a female 'guest' whom oddly LIKES the ghost hunting tv shows as that's when I feel the energy focused more around the couch area. Freaky but awesome, since she doesn't bother my little girl shes allowed to stay, the one that DID bother my girl was asked to leave.

Misanthropical
02-11-2012, 02:36 AM
Amusement Gal They do move very quickly. I tell them to knock it off when they annoy me and they usually calm down.

Moogles I'm so sorry about the daughter. Does she realize she is dead? Some don't and are very confused.

I have sensed my grandparents here. I told them they were more than welcome to look after the family.

I told my children not to tell anyone outside the family of our "gift". I have been down that road. I don't bring it up unless I'm sure the person I tell it to won't tell me to go to a psychiatrist.

wraiths_crono Ethan likes to sit on the couch and watch the ghost stories with me too. I am usually sitting in my computer chair so it's not like he sits down next to me. When we first moved in, he liked to freak the heck out of my little guy, so I told him my house rules and if he didn't obey them I would banish his ass out of my house and he should never think I can't. He has obeyed my house rules since and the ones I add on.

He gets very angry if another spirit (other than my grandparents) tries to make themselves at home here and I have heard the ruckus that goes on when another spirit shows up in my home. My daughter and I were sitting in the dinning room one night and suddenly we feel like someone keeps running from the front door to the back door and back again behind us, what ever it was was very scared and panicked, shaking the handles like they were trying to get out. My daughter and I look at each other with a :confused: look. My daughter finally says "open the doors, mom" I went and opened the front door and it goes running past me. I opened the back door just in case. The breeze and door handles shaking stopped.

Ethan (or pixies?) hid my soda from me tonight. I said "Very funny, now give it back". I found it under my desk, upright and nothing spilled out of it.

Mr. Mis has taught our big guy how to drive and now is teaching our daughter. while trying to not freak out. Anyway, he went to lay down the other night and had a dream that his father who died about a year after the big guy was born was sitting on our bed saying "Now you know how I felt!" while laughing his behind off. Mr. Mis swears it was just a dream. I keep telling him it was very real and the only way his father could talk to him without freaking Mr. Mis out. I liked my father in law and hope he comes to talk to me.

MystyGlyttyr
02-11-2012, 08:29 AM
@Shadowtiger How does one know if they're an Otherkin?

Reading the description, I don't think it exactly fits me...but I've got...definite biological differences that I've never been able to explain (I'm allergic to gold AND stainless steel...which people keep insisting is just not possible)...and I definitely spend a lot of time looking at people and thinking "I'm nothing like these humans, and I'll never understand them." :lol: Not just stupid stuff like we talk about on here, but stuff like wondering why people do stuff like walk the way they do, or use words the way they do, stuff like that.

I'm probably not one, but I admit I'm curious.

Misanthropical
02-11-2012, 10:59 AM
MystyGlyttyr I'm hoping to major in abnormal psychiatry. I, too have been curious about what makes people tick. I know I will not have all the answers I'm looking for about the human mind. It's like two brothers, who were raised the same way by the same mother, one went into law enforcement and the other became a gang banger. Things like that fascinate me.

Ok, more of my ghostie stories: Mr. Mis had gone to bed by the time this happened, so he didn't see it. Anywho, I'm laying on the love seat when I see and hear a black blob hit the wall by my desk HARD and fall onto the floor. I slowly go over to my computer desk and look under it, since that is where I had seen it but there is nothing. Damn shadow type things scare the bejesus out of me.

My big guy nearly fell backwards down the stairs because his backpack was full of text books. My big guy said he felt a hand on his back steady him so he didn't fall. So, a big thank you to Ethan. Stuff happens around here all the time to make sure we don't hurt our self too badly around here. I'm the one who mostly hurts herself. Mr. Mis says he should have never bought me a knife set :lol: All the times I have hurt myself it has never been serious. :eek:

ShadowTiger
02-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Firstly: Interesting video regarding a "fairy" sighting (http://www.aetv.com/psychic-kids/video/?bcpid=761814881001&bclid=1586429772&bctid=672339562001). Just putting it out there for anyone interested.

Believe me, I've been dealing with internal conflicts regarding the subject of Otherkin for plenty of years now. For the longest time, I've been under the impression that I'm some sort of feline Therian after much introspection. It's the easiest explanation for personal quirks, having never had a cat or been all that interested in having one. If anything, my general fondness for cats originates from any traces of feline Therianthropy. Otherwise, logically speaking, I would be more fond of dogs for being more interactive and friendly with people. I wouldn't have an "in" to appreciate cats were it not for a recent unconditional love for animals and this personal study of my own "condition." If I had a bias, I would have unearthed that to add to the equation. I don't like lying to myself, which hides information.

So that's one possible response I could give, MystyGlyttyr. I know that Dragon Wings over there can tell you of other experiences, potentially, and share experiences of knowing quite a few other Otherkin and Therians who have had far more intense experiences.

Phantom limbs. (Particularly phantom wings or a tail, which can't possibly match anything human.) Vivid memories of past lives. Having more knowledge of the quantity of past lives that one has had. (These past two bullets are related, though more scatterishly.) Unexplainable fondness for a place. It's not a very heavy point like the first two points, but if you've been a whale before, ... ... etc etc...
Keep in mind of course that in order to understand the concept, we must be aware of the conceptual framework under which we must work. We must understand what the soul is and what it does. If we don't know, or aren't too sure, then any work that we do isn't valid. Refer to my past post for the names of authors who have written books on the subject (The most reliable ones I am currently aware of. :-/ ) of what happens to the soul between lives, and what the soul is. Once we know that, we can figure out how "Otherkin" happens, for lack of a better description of the event. We have to know if animal souls are equal to human souls, or if there is simply "a" soul that inhabits either.

Keep in mind, our experience here is NOT "I am a body with a soul" or even "I am a soul with a body." What we are, is: "I am a soul experiencing human life in terms of a body." That's the most accurate explanation I can figure for the moment. Our soul is our personality, but is still our consciousness. Our body has all of the chemical reactions that our souls don't, but our souls can still inject the cause for a chemical reaction into our body, although I do feel that love and fear transcend these chemical reactions and just take place in the same setting as the rest of our emotions. (After all, we were a part of God once, and God is unconditional love. Thus, so should we be. Love. Lack of love is fear, out of being disconnected from God. Plenty of types of love and fear.)

A useful analogy:

I like to think of our souls like mech pilots. Our bodies are giant Mechs (http://s8.postimage.org/7yh41811h/mw5_pre.jpg). Any pilot has the training to go into a mech, though certain pilots choose their Mech based on their own personality and preference. A Mech goes into battle, is controlled by their pilot, does its own thing that the pilot controls and prefers it to do, and if it gets destroyed, the pilot gets ejected, goes back to the mess hall, has a few laughs with his/her comrades, shares experiences, and gets to pilot a new mech. It's what we do until we get promoted to admiral or whatever by being a badass pilot. (This is what actually happens, by the way, in terms of this analogy. After learning as much as we can, and getting closer to the source, we don't have to pilot a mech anymore. We can teach or build for a while.)

So in terms of Otherkin, our Mech is the same as the rest of them, but perhaps our pilot itself is just a different kind of pilot. If you get a pilot from Rigel IV, you're probably going to get some scaly dude who piloted mechs with plasma arc cannons rather than vulcan miniguns. So that Rigelian pilot will keep using tactics involving a plasma arc cannon rather than the slightly longer range vulcan minigun, rather than the rest of the mechs he's battling along-side.

Something like that. :P

Amusement Gal
02-11-2012, 04:44 PM
ShadowTiger: That's a very interesting philosophy. :D

Does anyone here have a take on déjà vu? I'm getting it way too often to feel sane (not that I'd want to be! ;) ). I swear I've been in the same loop at least four times over. And usually each time it's slightly different. I know some people claim it's your mind playing tricks on you, but when you get them with a variation each time, it makes it more real feeling for me. It's driving me crazy, but all I've ever been told is, "That means you're going the right path.", which doesn't really help too much. I swear, one day I'm going to see if I have a past life. The déjà vu didn't bother me too much in the first two loops, but with it going up to four (and counting, with my luck), I'm going bonkers.

I hope that I don't come off as a, "Spiritual Disease of the Week", type of person. I just don't have anyone else to talk to in real life over this stuff, so it all just sort of bursts out. My nickname from my boyfriend is "The Witch". >.o Which is cute...until I'm implied that it's all in my head, or that I'm clinging to anything Supernatural to feel 'special'. They don't outright mock me, but it's hard finding someone in the SOUTH, of all places, to talk of that stuff. I know one woman, and she only works in a shop two days out of a week.

ShadowTiger
02-11-2012, 05:26 PM
I hope that I don't come off as a, "Spiritual Disease of the Week", type of person. I just don't have anyone else to talk to in real life over this stuff, so it all just sort of bursts out. It's all good. ^_^ If the downside of discussing it publicly is that you get skeptics and trolls, then the upside is that it attracts people who are either open minded, interested, or going through much of the same stuff. Sounds like a good risk to take, if you ask me.

Déjà vu is also something that I think a lot about. I get it maybe once a month or so, though it's been happening the most where I work, oddly enough, and usually in one particular aisle. O.o' (The doorknobs / picture hangers aisle.) I never quite know what to make of it when I do get it. I usually attribute it to either imagining or rehearsing a possible scenario beforehand, (Most people sing in the shower. I rehearse potential situations.) I would actually initially say that yes, it is all in our heads, due to a number of misfiring or crossed electrical signals, but you never know. Could be a signal from our higher selves or guardian and whatnot. Not that we'd really have a particularly verifiable way of knowing. o.o

Also, the only reason past lives interest me, is to find out what I did wrong in them so I won't make that mistake again. Generally though, we do that ourselves between lives, according to the major past-life hypnotherapists out there. We either pick a life that's easy to give us a break, like a "life vacation" or we go into a life/body/path that gives us an opportunity to correct our past mistakes. So yeah, it doesn't really matter to me what I was in a past life, as long as I'm making progress toward some important lesson I was supposed to learn. That carries over into all next lives, of course. :]

firecat88
02-11-2012, 07:03 PM
For the longest time, I've been under the impression that I'm some sort of feline Therian after much introspection. It's the easiest explanation for personal quirks, having never had a cat or been all that interested in having one. If anything, my general fondness for cats originates from any traces of feline Therianthropy.

Unexplainable fondness for a place. It's not a very heavy point like the first two points, but if you've been a whale before, ... ... etc etc...

It's kinda funny that you mention both of these. For as long as I can remember, I've always had an affinity towards cats. My sister and I even make jokes about how I was a cat in another life, but sometimes I wonder if it could be true or not. Also, it's been pointed out to me by other people that I have very feline tendencies.

Also, I've always been obsessed with Ireland, ever since I was a kid. I've never been there and I'm pretty sure I have zero ancestral ties to it (Dad's ancestry is Norwegian, Mom's is Spanish), but I'm fascinated by it for some reason. The history, the music, the mythology...I can't think of any reason why I should be so interested in the place, but I am.

Amusement Gal
02-11-2012, 07:39 PM
I only get Déjà vu over some situations. And they all involve conversations with people, and specific objects. In fact, that's the only reason I remember them most of the time. And every time it happens, I feel like it's been a couple of months before. I'm a cashier though, so it might just well be a similar situation compared to another guest? It still bugs me though! :p The other theory that some people come up with is that you remember a prophetic dream about it that you forgot after you had it. Like, if you had it as a kid, forgot, and remembered right after the moment. I wouldn't be surprised about THAT, either, considering my mother has had several dreams of impossible scenarios coming true about a month or so later.

I dunno. I can't focus on other problems until I fix myself! :lol: All I can still do is meditate and cleanse, but I feel that once I get over this depression and stress funk, I'll do better at it. One time I could lucid dream on command, but being scared at the prospect of Astral Projection, I pretty much shut it down unconsciously. Which is a shame, because lucid dreaming is pretty fun. :D

dalesys
02-11-2012, 07:55 PM
... obsessed with Ireland, ever since I was a kid. I've never been there and I'm pretty sure I have zero ancestral ties to it (Dad's ancestry is Norwegian, Mom's is Spanish)...
A good share of the Viking plunder was Irish wenches.

Irish folklore has it they came from Spain.

Until the sassenachs completed their conquest of Ireland, there was a great deal of commerce with Spain.

A few thoughts.

dragon_wings
02-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Also, I've always been obsessed with Ireland, ever since I was a kid. I've never been there and I'm pretty sure I have zero ancestral ties to it (Dad's ancestry is Norwegian, Mom's is Spanish), but I'm fascinated by it for some reason. The history, the music, the mythology...I can't think of any reason why I should be so interested in the place, but I am.

I don't know that I've always been obsessed with Ireland but definitely in recent years my interest has increased a lot. I wondered if first that didn't mean I was fae or elven (considering folklore of the area). I too, don't know why I'm so interested in Ireland either *ponders*

I'm fairly sure I have a Therian side. I'm just not sure what it is yet. (I do have a short list of possibilities.) Mainly I'm DragonKin (hence the username). And that revelation was a shock (I originally discounted the possibility I could be a dragon cause it was too cool/regal/something to be what I am).

ShadowTiger
02-11-2012, 09:54 PM
It's kinda funny that you mention both of these. For as long as I can remember, I've always had an affinity towards cats. My sister and I even make jokes about how I was a cat in another life, but sometimes I wonder if it could be true or not. Also, it's been pointed out to me by other people that I have very feline tendencies.I know a few people that have the same attributes. You can take one look at these people and think "Cat." Not because they bear some resemblance to them, no... it's for reasons beyond explanation.

Also, I've always been obsessed with Ireland, ever since I was a kid. I've never been there and I'm pretty sure I have zero ancestral ties to it (Dad's ancestry is Norwegian, Mom's is Spanish), but I'm fascinated by it for some reason. The history, the music, the mythology...I can't think of any reason why I should be so interested in the place, but I am. I know what you mean. Ancient Egypt has the same fascination to me, and I have no idea why. I know they worshiped cats there, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. O.o

One time I could lucid dream on command, but being scared at the prospect of Astral Projection, I pretty much shut it down unconsciously. Which is a shame, because lucid dreaming is pretty fun. Yeah. I've never (that I'm aware) had the pleasure of projecting, but I've read plenty of books on them, and I haven't heard of anyone having any dangerous experiences in it that they didn't bring upon themselves by being rude to any entities out there.

I'm fairly sure I have a Therian side. I'm just not sure what it is yet. (I do have a short list of possibilities.) Mainly I'm DragonKin (hence the username). And that revelation was a shock (I originally discounted the possibility I could be a dragon cause it was too cool/regal/something to be what I am). I am consistently under the impression that many of the creatures of folklore, such as Dragons, Unicorns, pixies, dryads, etc, do exist, though the where and when escapes us. Heck, if people can be Otherkin and Therians, and can access past lives, then who would be a better source of information than someone who has at one point been a Dragon or Pixie? I'm pretty sure that Starseeds exist, so why not anything else? The stuff that souls are made of is pretty much consistent across the board. It just happens to be that Earth has always been an extraordinarily interesting place to visit, so people generally opt to stay here, for the most part, and those who aren't so common are thought of as the proverbial odd man out.

Amusement Gal
02-12-2012, 04:02 AM
Yeah. I've never (that I'm aware) had the pleasure of projecting, but I've read plenty of books on them, and I haven't heard of anyone having any dangerous experiences in it that they didn't bring upon themselves by being rude to any entities out there.

I have a very active imagination. Now, I don't expect sunshine and rainbows with the concept of you leaving your physical body, but I just don't have enough confidence in myself to get out of a (potential) spirit ass-whooping. The one woman I talk to a lot, she's done it multiple times, said there's things trying to cut your string, lead you into the wrong places...and I'm a freaking scaredy cat. :cry: It's the main reason that I have a strong grounding stone with me. I usually use a combination of Tiger Eye and Hematite. The Tiger Eye to push anything away, and the Hematite for extra grounding. It's like a mental security blanket to me I guess.

Merriweather
02-12-2012, 04:49 AM
Just found this thread, wow, some very interesting stories & points of view. Since I read 9 pages or so at once, this is gonna be long :o

For the record, I'm a skeptical believer. On personal experiences (and I've had quite a few), if I can come up with what could possibly be a "normal" explanation, then I don't consider it as paranormal. So I've probably dismissed real experiences on the side of caution.

Also, as a child, there is house that I don't remember anything happening in, but I still, to this day get nightmares of that house. I thought of going to a hypnotist to find out why that house scares me

As a child, we moved. A LOT. At least 20 hourse by the time I was 18. After age 3, I can remember at least a few rooms in each, some I could draw you a floor plan and describe each room. Except one. I have a photo of the front, and can remember my 11th birthday party in the yard. But I can't recall a single memory inside the house. Odd enough. But just a year or two ago my sister and I were talking about childhood homes, and I mentioned this to her - found out she has a mental block about that house as well (and she's 4 years older, so would have been 15). On a recent trip out of state, I had a chance to drive thru that town. I was determined to figure out a way ask the current resident to let me look around (without having the police called to report a nut at their door :o ). That block is now a car park :(

In my teens I sometimes had flashes of things just before they happened. Not often & I don't think anything major, but odd all the same.

I still do now and then, but really had them when I was a teen, mostly I would dream something, and it would happen. Had one dream that was of a very unexpected and rather awkward situation, I was able to handle it quite well when it happened by simply repeating exactly what I had said in my dream. Had several instances of dreaming of something happening to old friends after I'd moved, then getting letters telling me it had happened (or was going to). I've always heard that dreaming of a wedding means an impending death, and dreaming of a death means a wedding. For several years, it was true every single time I dreamed of one or the other (luckily, I dreamed of far more deaths than weddings).

We also seem to have extra pets . We only had the two so cat number three was worrisome.

We seem to have acquired a third cat ourselves (the other two are flesh & blood). They constantly watch things not seen, chase things not there - but they're cats, and according to my daughter (who has several of her own) a bit weird anyway :lol: One night I was leaving my sewing room, about to shut the door, had one cat accounted for and was making sure the other had also left the room. Caught a glimpse of dark fur running from the room past me, began to shut the door - and saw the cat was still in the room, sort of cowering beneath a table. Then another night, I was sitting at the computer, hubby was in bed, and felt the pressure of a little paw on my thigh - one of the cats wanting attention. Only, I looked down, to see which one it was, and it was neither, absolutely nothing there. And looking around, saw both cats in places they could not possibly have gotten into since I felt the touch.

My husband's mom bought the house new, so we know it's not that. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of his kitties. He had one, Amber, who was his kitty mommy. It doesn't worry me much, but as I said, no counting animals. Heh.

Could be associated with the land, not the house, especially as it's an animal. Also, sometimes things are associated with objects - buy an antique rocker and get a little old lady to sit in it, :eek: I don't believe it's very common, but have heard some convincing stories.

I have a rule that applies to the living and the spirits. There is not touching me without my express written consent unless I'm married to you or gave birth to you.

Touches are one of the freakiest experiences. In addition to the kitty paw (which didn't really bother me, actually) I've had one other touching incident. We were at the ruins of an old monestary in England, and I was about to take a photo. This was just before digital, so no screen, I was concentrating on looking thru the viewfinder, and as I snapped the photo, something shoved my elbow. Hubby & daughter, who's photo I was taking, so they were looking right at me, assured me no one had been within 20 feet of me at the time (I still have the slightly blurry photo of them, too).

[QUOTE=ShadowTiger;1004913]

Vivid memories of past lives.

Unexplainable fondness for a place.

Thanks for the info, I have to admit to never having heard of Otherkins, very interesting. I can't relate to all of it, but those last two - definitely.

I've always had a love of Great Britain, I can remember reading books about life there as far back as 10 years old, and being fascinated by it. I was lucky enough to finally get there in my late 30's. We lived there 8 1/2 years (half in Wales, half in England). I wish I could have stayed forever (hubby was US military, we had no choice but to come back). I have never felt so very comfortable in my life. I've moved around all my life, and that was the only place I truly felt "at home" and have been homesick for ever since. We of course traveled eveywhere we could, but even in 8 years there are tons we never got to, especially as we had hubby's work, daughter's school, social events, etc. I have always had the feeling, both then and since, that if I traveled around Britain long enough, eventually I would find a place I recognized, I always expected one day to know in advance what was around the next corner, or in the next room of a house. Never happened, always a general familiarity but never that exact recognition, but I still believe it would happen eventually if I was there still.

As for actually remembering past lives, I've a feeling some of my vivid dreams may be memories, but no proof. However, my granddaughter, for a year or so around age 3 to 4, talked often about "the before times" as she called them. She was very matter of fact, could not understand why we didn't remember them like she did. She talked of her parents, my husband and I having been there, but we all lived in different houses than we do now. It was very much the way a 3 or 4 year old might talk after a move, only none of us had moved in her lifetime. She also, when mentioning us all individually as having been there, stateed to one or two of us "you were there, but you were a boy, not a girl" or vice versa (can't recall who was who now). We asked quesitons now and then in spite of her "don't you remember?", tried to be as nonchalant as she was about it, and within a year or so she bagan to mention it less and less, and seemed to forget it. It was very intriqueing, but it really did give me chills a bit. I really regret not getting her on tape.

ShadowTiger:

Does anyone here have a take on déjà vu? I'm getting it way too often to feel sane (not that I'd want to be! ;) ).

I get it often, though not as often as years ago. During my teens & younger years, it was a constant thing. I even recall a few instances they were so strong. One was as a teen, at a pool party - the whole day was one long deja vu, even to knowing what a lot of people were going to say before they said it. And it wasn't just remembering something similar, because I'd never been to a pool party before, it wasn't familar looking surrounding cause it was held at a country club, and trust me, I'd never in my life been to anything even remotely resembling a country club before :lol:

I can even remember what must have been my very first experience of deja vu. I was six years old, we were living in Florida, and out for a drive. I looked across a lake and saw a large building (it was a hospital, my mom said). I looked at that, and I knew I'd been there. I also knew I hadn't been there. Even at age six, I realized that wasn't something "normal", to know both of those things as an absolute fact at once, so I never said a word to my parents or anyone. But I still remember how sure I felt, and how weird.

On the original subject of ghosts, I've never seen a full apperition (well, maybe, but it possible there could have been an explanation, so I dont' qutie count that one) but have heard things, smelt things, felt (as in touch) things, and have sensed emotions and so forth. There's one house in England I will never set foot into again because of what I felt there. I know there's a soldier buried at Gettysburg that is simply sad because he's in an unknown grave, so no one can remember his name. I've had several minor (compared to a lot of people) experiences in a lot of places (but won't go into detail or this is gonna become a book :rolleyes: ). I've also lived in two or three places where we weren't alone, including the house we have now (in addition to the cat, there have been enough assorted sounds and various smells, and lots of little indications).

My mother, her mother, my father, and his father all have told of at least one or two personal experiences, though none of them would actually admit to believing in ghosts or the paranormal. My sister has ahd a few experiences, though not as many as I have. My brother - well, I'm not sure about his grasp on reality in other ways, so have to take his stories with a grain of salt :roll:

ShadowTiger
02-13-2012, 12:31 AM
I have a very active imagination. Now, I don't expect sunshine and rainbows with the concept of you leaving your physical body, but I just don't have enough confidence in myself to get out of a (potential) spirit ass-whooping. The one woman I talk to a lot, she's done it multiple times, said there's things trying to cut your string, lead you into the wrong places...and I'm a freaking scaredy cat. :cry: It's the main reason that I have a strong grounding stone with me. I usually use a combination of Tiger Eye and Hematite. The Tiger Eye to push anything away, and the Hematite for extra grounding. It's like a mental security blanket to me I guess.

I can show you Robert Bruce's book "Astral Dynamics" if you want. (Here's a website associated with him (http://www.astraldynamics.com/astral-projection/).) I read the book a year or so ago, and the good news is that it's not your soul that leaves your body; it's just a copy of your consciousness that is generated to go explore. I've never, ever heard of anyone ever experiencing an entity that tries to cut their cord, much less anyone actually getting their cord cut. Even if you did, it's a copy, not your actual soul. Your actual soul is nice and safe. We all do have guardians, after all. Every one of us. (Some have more than others.)

Amusement Gal
02-13-2012, 01:48 AM
I can show you Robert Bruce's book "Astral Dynamics" if you want. (Here's a website associated with him (http://www.astraldynamics.com/astral-projection/).) I read the book a year or so ago, and the good news is that it's not your soul that leaves your body; it's just a copy of your consciousness that is generated to go explore. I've never, ever heard of anyone ever experiencing an entity that tries to cut their cord, much less anyone actually getting their cord cut. Even if you did, it's a copy, not your actual soul. Your actual soul is nice and safe. We all do have guardians, after all. Every one of us. (Some have more than others.)

Somehow in my brain, I like to think that I don't deserve or have one. >.o Inferiority issues for the win! I'm also stubborn and feel silly asking for help, so I'm also afraid I shot myself in the foot and there's nothing there anymore. I always fear that since I'm not overly 'religious', that there's really nothing out there to protect me. Like I said, I need to sort out my brain before worrying about other stuff. I'd like to give a huge 'THANK YOU' to my parents.

Bronzebow
02-13-2012, 10:23 PM
I could read a thread like this for days and never get bored with it. Now, I do tend to lean towards the skeptical side I guess, but my family and I have experienced some things that really make you question.

Some women in the family seem to be able to sense current or future events in their dreams. One of my late great, great aunts knew about when one of my distant cousins was killed in a boating accident. She also knew about when my mother discovered she had lymphoma (thankfully fully in regression) the day before she got her test results back. It's not talked about a lot in the family, but it's interesting hearing the 'kids' in my grandfather's generation of the family speak of her as if she were sort of like a family mystic (or at least, from the few that even talk about this).

My mother has also had dreams where she's seen things in real time. In one of them, she even seemed to share a dream with me where we shared a conversation about things going on in my life. When I talked to her much later on, she remembered being in the same car ride with me when we held a conversation about my life events.

The closest I've come to 'witnessing' events was this one room in a house I'd rented in college. The lights were usually off and I had to pass it to get to my bedroom. More than once, I swore I'd seen someone in the bedroom from the corner of my eye, like an outline. Gave me the chills a few times. The owner got wide-eyed and told me about the shadow person she believed visited that room often. Having someone else see what she thought she saw sent her into a bit of a tizzy; she hung a cross on the doorway and spread some salt on the floor inside. One way or another, I never saw anything through the corner of my eye again.

There was another instance after my maternal grandfather passed away. A month after, my brother was going in for back surgery using a doctor that my grandfather had found. We were all heading towards the room where he was being moved to post-recovery. As myself, my aunt and my mom walked in, the door handle to the bathroom jiggled. All three of us saw and heard it. I opened the door and found the lights on in an empty room. We all thought it was grandpa.

For weeks after that, I would walk into the kitchen to find cabinet doors open that shouldn't have been, or creaking doors. Poppie was a bit of a trickster in life. :)

protege
02-19-2012, 04:35 PM
For weeks after that, I would walk into the kitchen to find cabinet doors open that shouldn't have been, or creaking doors. Poppie was a bit of a trickster in life. :)

Yours too? :p Mine wasn't so much a trickster...but he was a smartass. Tends to run in the family, it seems :devil: Grandpa was well-like by everyone. I don't recall anyone ever saying something bad about him. As the oldest grandchild, I was at his house constantly, so I got to know him the best.

Anyway, I do know that the cat (Kitty) could apparently tell when he was around. It would be very quiet at night, and I'd have the sleeping cat on my lap, in the recliner. All of a sudden, Kitty would wake up, and start looking all over the room. Kitty would freak out for a few minutes before going back to sleep. Whether my granddad's ghost was trying to pet him, I have no idea. Years before Kitty arrived at the farm, they had another cat...which usually wasn't let inside.

Mishi
02-19-2012, 11:49 PM
I made a joke about Shae (our resident ghost) unlatching the door as I relocked it last night because it falls open after the door has been opened and closed lots. Just after I stepped away, the lock made a clicking noise even though no one was near the door and there was no drafts. Cheeky girl!

chrislb
02-20-2012, 06:31 AM
When I was maybe seven or eight, my family lived in an old house in northern Idaho that was haunted.
Don't know who or what it was but I suspect it was a man, possibly a miner because that was the main employer in that area. Whoever it was liked to clomp up and down the wood stairs just outside my room.
It was a scary sound lemme tell you. My room was almost always cold even during the summer when it felt like hell outside. And I frequently felt like I was being watched by a very angry presence.
We moved out two years later after my mother couldn't handle being disturbed by the sounds and feelings of that house.
I went back to check the place out a couple of weeks after we moved out and I saw the window where my room was had the outline of a very small person broken through the window.
Like a foot and a half to two foot tall person had jumped through the window. Scared the hell out of me and I was deathly afraid for years after that I would be followed by whatever lived in that house.

Racket_Man
02-20-2012, 06:56 AM
had a real strange one happen yesterday afternoon. GF and I were watching TV and all of a sudden there was a sound like a single flute note being played for about 3 or 4 seconds coming from accross the room. it was in the room not on the TV.

we both freaked at the same time. at first I thought it might have been my dog yowling in his sleep as he was sleeping behind her chair (he often twitches and quietly barks while dreaming) but even he popped up with a WTH??? look on his face.

So I may have another something around trying to say either "I am here" or "Pay attention to me".

At least most of the time it is small things like turning off the TV when no one is touching the remote or little balls of light dancing around the ceiling or the occasional "wack" to the back of my head or maybe some creaking sound in my office.

blas
02-20-2012, 07:11 AM
I'm really worried.

Mom finally saw "the mist" that is the residual activity of an old woman (we think anyway) who every night, goes up the stairs and stops at the window of my brother's old room. We never saw her go elsewhere, but apparently, mom saw it in the kitchen.

Now she wants to play with the Ouija board. I tried to explain to her that a residual haunting or a "mist" like that is like a movie on constant loop, or a scene that keeps repeating, that it's not really the same as having a ghost who shows up and messes with your stuff. And I told her under NO CIRCUMSTANCE will they mess with that devil's play toy and try to conjure up and invite anything that wants to to show up and play at the house. There's already more than 1 spirit in that house, and that's too many for my liking already, even if they are all harmless so far.

Amusement Gal
02-20-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm really worried.

Mom finally saw "the mist" that is the residual activity of an old woman (we think anyway) who every night, goes up the stairs and stops at the window of my brother's old room. We never saw her go elsewhere, but apparently, mom saw it in the kitchen.

Now she wants to play with the Ouija board. I tried to explain to her that a residual haunting or a "mist" like that is like a movie on constant loop, or a scene that keeps repeating, that it's not really the same as having a ghost who shows up and messes with your stuff. And I told her under NO CIRCUMSTANCE will they mess with that devil's play toy and try to conjure up and invite anything that wants to to show up and play at the house. There's already more than 1 spirit in that house, and that's too many for my liking already, even if they are all harmless so far.

Agreed, don't let her touch one of those. :runaway: That's the worst thing you can do if you see a spirit in the house. If she truly wants to try to communicate to it (when not filtered through by an invitation), she should physically talk to it. If it does nothing, she's figured it out without making your home getting crashed like a party. If she wants to be really in depth, she can make herself feel better by getting a recorder, recording while she's asking a question, and go from there. Far more direct than saying, "Party at my house, bring the Ectoplasm!".

taurinejunkie
02-21-2012, 03:35 AM
This post is going to be hard to type out, but I'll do what I can, and I would like to get any info/assistance on how to deal with this.

Around 6 months ago, I had just gone to bed when I suddenly heard the sound of a powerchord being played on my guitar with the distortion I normally use (which, of course, gives a sound I can recognize instantly). Problems with that: I'm lying down under the covers; I know for a fact that my amp is turned off because of the faint but audible buzzing sound it would do just from being on; my guitar is on top of my amp. At the time it happened, I was too terrified to do anything but pull the covers closer and shut my eyes as hard as I could, until I finally fell asleep. A few days later, sitting at my computer in my room, I got randomly hit by a feeling of intense sadness, which I managed to shake off, only to have it come back once in a while since. A few points of note: my bedroom is in the basement, and my father had the house built when I was around 3 years old, so that seems to rule out the whole "consequences of something horrible happening in the building" set of possibilities. The reason why I said that this is hard to type out is that the feeling of sadness seems to hit me every time I think about talking about it to anyone.

protege
02-22-2012, 02:55 AM
The reason why I said that this is hard to type out is that the feeling of sadness seems to hit me every time I think about talking about it to anyone.

I think I know what you mean. When I'd feel the 'touch' on my shoulder, I'd also feel some sadness in the room. I don't know if it was because my grandfather wasn't around...or if he was trying to tell me he was sad because he missed his grandchildren growing up, and possibly because he wasn't able to protect my grandmother when she was involved in a serious auto accident in '94. I hope he's not still feeling responsible. Nobody can blame him, he died of a heart attack 5 years prior :(

As for his former home (built in 1864, BTW), I'm not sure why he'd hang around there. He didn't die there--he died in the hospital. The only thing I can think of, is that he wanted to 'oversee' his family. Plus, when you consider that the land had been inhabited by various tribes for centuries, it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't the only one. I'm sure there were other spirits of ancient peoples lurking about. Again, not surprising--several settlements had been uncovered, all over that county.

blas
02-22-2012, 02:32 PM
My brother and I already learned about residual hauntings, and for more proof, we've tried talking to it (nicely stating that we don't mind sharing the house, but could she please walk a little lighter footed at night), and guess what? Not a change at all. Tried to explain that to mom, that even though it's there....it's not really like something you can talk to or interact with.

Amusement Gal
02-22-2012, 03:50 PM
My brother and I already learned about residual hauntings, and for more proof, we've tried talking to it (nicely stating that we don't mind sharing the house, but could she please walk a little lighter footed at night), and guess what? Not a change at all. Tried to explain that to mom, that even though it's there....it's not really like something you can talk to or interact with.

If she still insists that she wants to use the board, you might just have to tell her to talk to it herself even though you guys already did. Like you said, nothing will happen, but maybe if she does it personally, it might be a good kick to the head. I've known several stubborn people, and that's been the only way to get them to see my way of an argument. >.o

Maria
02-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Does anybody know how to make a spirit go away?

I've lived in this house since I was a teen, and there is something menacing in my kitchen/den area, that occasionally ranges into my master bathroom (all of those rooms are along the back wall of the house). I've seen it on rare occasion and it scares me half to death. My husband has never seen it, but he just today told me that he often buys me fast food when I want a midnight snack, because he senses "the thing" and is afraid that he'll see it if he goes into the kitchen to grab an apple -- and I was asking him to do it because I'm afraid of the kitchen, too! And we're both generally confident in extremely dark environments, except in our own house.

The husband also said that one time he stayed overnight when we were teens, and crashed on the rug kind of between kitchen and den, something attacked him in the night and left bruises. I remember this; I thought he'd gotten bruised up playing with the younger kids or something, but he says "the thing" did it. I found all this out after my youngest sister, a few days ago, confessed to us that the "hobo yeti thing living in the sink" was why she elected to live with her mother when we were kids, instead of staying with our family. That's the most accurate description I've ever heard, for the thing.

My dad wants to sell me the house at a hefty discount, but now that I know for sure it's not just me, either that thing goes or I'm moving, and Dad will just have to find another buyer. So... anybody got any ideas on getting rid of it?

Amusement Gal
02-23-2012, 04:33 AM
Does anybody know how to make a spirit go away?

Keep note, I'm not an expert. At all. I'm only going to mention what I'm familiar with. Get someone else's opinion before you go straight to using my advice.

Considering what exactly you'd be dealing with...I don't know if smudging would do anything substantial. As in, it sounds too aggressive for something as passive as sage (which is great for negativity, but something of the other nature is worrying). You could get someone of your religion of practice to bless and cleanse the house, and hopefully that would do the trick. There are also other things you can use, such as stones, prayers, and religious objects like a cross and whatnot. Sea salt and spring water are also your friend, and do well to absorb negative energy.

For stones, Quartz is a very good one to start with. Negativity gathers in corners, much like dust, so putting a quartz stone in each corner of the room you're trying to clean will help a lot. Tiger Eye is also a good thing if you intend to try to cleanse the house by yourself. It is a powerful protection stone and repels the negativity back to the source. It's best worn on a necklace to protect yourself, though, since the source of the problem is inside the house itself.

And that's about all I know. I'm going to say this: don't tackle it by yourself, if you fear physical harm will occur. There's always a possibility of this happening, especially with a spirit that causes cuts and bruises. Consult someone of your religion and ask them what you should do, or what is most effective. Go from there. These (http://www.ehow.com/how_4464455_repel-evil-spirits.html) are also suggestions on how to handle it, but I think it would be best to use those afterward as a just-in-case measure, not a means of attack.

Stay safe, please. :)

Mytical
02-23-2012, 06:06 AM
I also am not an expert by any means. I would like to add to the above. Buy a couple of white roses, and stew the petals in some water..while it is getting warm (slowly, low heat..until it first boils and then stop)..grab some salt. Next some white candles, and some incense. Go room by room. Light the candle and incense, and sprinkle the water..should purify the room..do so for about 5 or so minutes..after which sprinkle the salt on all entrances. That is windows/doors/etc. This is to prevent the spirits from getting back in once the cleansing wears off.

No need for any chanting/etc. Salt and white are purifying elements in just about every belief. Normally will not affect any friendly/helpful spirits..but any malicious ones should depart.

Maria
02-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Get someone else's opinion before you go straight to using my advice.

Yes, I'm definitely just in the idea-gathering stage, and I'm not really taking anybody's opinion as fact! My family really appreciates the thoughts and ideas (yours too, Mytical!) so we have some directions to go in, and research to do, instead of just floundering aimlessly.

The husband and I decided, after a discussion of the house's construction and history, to also contact our local TAPS-affiliated organization. I feel kind of sheepish about that, but the builder cut enough corners when our neighborhood went up, that it's possible that we're dealing with phenomenally cheap, bad wiring, or something along those lines that ought to be fixed. I doubt it's that simple, but better safe than sorry, and all that.

blas
02-24-2012, 05:30 AM
With the ghost in my house I had growing up (the activity got to be really obvious when my parents remodeled the kitchen), my mom told the spirit that we meant no disrespect to her and we would take care of the house and make it look great in her honor (it was another old lady ghost, seem to be the theme at every place we live), and the activity ceased until we started packing up to move away. It was as if she didn't want us to leave.

Misanthropical
02-26-2012, 06:53 AM
blas when my grandmother told us a couple of years ago she was coming to visit, we started cleaning the house up, took out the old furniture we had to make room for the new furniture we were having delivered. We boxed stuff up to take to storage and that is when the activity of my home started picking up. Things like lights going on and off, more pacing the usual from Ethan and other things. I realized he thought we were moving and not telling him.

I explained to him that we weren't leaving, we were just cleaning up for my grandmother's visit. He immediately calmed down to his normal behavior. When we move my daughter and I plan on asking him if he would like to come with us.

I have been smelling perfume lately when my daughter isn't home and I'm not wearing any. It's just the smell of perfume and then it's gone. I don't know what that is about.

My little guy sees and interacts with spirits at his middle school. He has had his shirt tugged when no one else was around. He saw a shadow person in the bathroom/locker room. He has had his backpack pulled on in an empty hallway. He saw a boy looking in the window who vanished when the boy realized my little guy could see him. He has had another little boy's spirit run from him and disappear when the spirit realized my little could see him. My little guy has picked up on spirit's and living people's emotions, he hates that the most.

My daughter sees spirits more than the rest of us. Sure, we can sense them, but she sees them more. She doesn't talk about it much not even to me. I don't know why, I wish she would.

Mr. Mis is a sensitive in his own right, not as strong as the rest of us but it is there. He has told me he has felt our bed shake when I wasn't even on the same floor let alone in bed.

Right now, I am hearing people running up and down a stair case that sounds like it's coming from the other side of a wall that has nothing on the other side of it but the outdoors.

When I or my daughter are in the bathrooms, doesn't matter which one, we hear someone running up the stairs. There are loud fans in the bathrooms that turn on when the lights are turned on, so we shouldn't hear anything. Only once was someone actually running up the stairs. It was Mr. Mis who scared the bejesus out of me because I figured I was just hearing the usual sound of someone on the stairs. The boys and Mr. Mis never hear anything when they are in the bathrooms. My daughter and I have heard spirits talk to us through the fan. We usually ignore it. Only once did I respond because the man was screaming at me "DO YOU HEAR ME?" I said "yes, stop yelling at me" and that was it he didn't say anything else.

One of the houses I lived in as a child use to be the small town hospital. My mother has always had pet birds and still does as far as I know. Anyway, none of the birds that she had ever lived long while we lived in that house. They would just die. It freaked me out but I didn't say anything, since like I said, it wouldn't do any good. My dog nearly died in that house too but manged to pull through by the skin of his teeth.

Amusement Gal
02-26-2012, 05:26 PM
I've noticed something recently. I keep having the symbolism in my artwork. Not as in, "two in a row? MIRACLE.", but my preferred art style always has a sun. It's always in the middle. I didn't intend to use a sun motif in my works on purpose, though. They almost always just start out as a circle, and then I decide that yellow is the only color I can use for them. I've tried other colors, but it drives me crazy if I don't use yellow. If I don't put in a sun, there's always at least a moon. I don't know if it's just uncreativeness, or if I'm going crazy, but it's something I've noticed a lot.

Misanthropical
02-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Amusement Gal I have noticed an uptick in paranormal activity lately. I am not sure why this is but it is picking up almost like the veil between the living and the dead is thinner than it should be.

A couple of weeks ago, my little guy came home from school and saw I was asleep on the couch, so he went upstairs to his room. He heard me calling for him by his nickname from my room, the only thing is I wasn't upstairs at the time.

I am not sure why my cubs and I hear our names called by what sounds like one of the family members. Mr. Mis has never had it happen to him, but the rest of us have. My big guy heard me calling for him when I wasn't home. It does weird me out a bit to think maybe Ethan is mimicking my voice. Of course, it could be a residual thing.

firecat88
02-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Amusement Gal I have noticed an uptick in paranormal activity lately. I am not sure why this is but it is picking up almost like the veil between the living and the dead is thinner than it should be.

It is. It's actually been getting thinner over the past couple years. For me, though, the activity spike around my house hit on July 4th of last year. I don't know *what* was going on, but I was feeling things all over the place. Also, I physically saw the shadow of a woman in a long gown walking across my living room. Before that, the last time I'd physically seen any entities was seeing Marcus when I was a kid.

Mishi
02-27-2012, 12:57 AM
Not sure if I'm noticing more because I've been talking about it or whether there's been a spike in activity, but things have been being moved and put in random places. Like a pair of goggles that were in a drawer ended up in the middle of the kitchen table, they weren't there the 5 times that I went past and looked there while running around looking for them. Turned up after I started swearing about them. Baby wipes that I'd left in the foyer ended up in the study, creaking floor when no one's upstairs and Rugz's computer keeps turning itself on for no reason.

Amusement Gal
02-27-2012, 03:05 AM

I'm not very good and sensing stuff such as that, so I haven't noticed too much. I can sense a bit of energy, but I haven't advanced enough to gone past a feeling washing over me, or drawing my attention. I have a good intuition because of that, though. Which I guess is a good thing? I have been known to get packs of trading cards for my boyfriend, and get a couple of super rare ones out of them. :D I'd like to say I have some really good luck, but I won't brag anymore about it, because I don't want to jinx myself. I've also been known to start a small talk topic, and what do you know, the customer has the same thing. What makes it stand out is that I normally refrain from the out-of-standard chat and stick to the weather, and the one time I decide to talk about a subject, someone is deeply involved into it somehow. Not exactly a good thing. I lightheartedly joked, "Well, at least you don't have an allergy to corn; that's the hardest one to avoid! Still sucks, though.", and I got the response that they had that, too. I could have died of embarrassment. :o

My boyfriend put my Amethyst in the wash once, too, when he was trying to wash the sheets. I found one of them, and looked everywhere for the other one. It's impossible for me to buy more of them, because I like to choose them hands-on, and there are no stores nearby that sell them. I was so worried about where it had gone, and the next night, I was reaching back to grab my other one, and found the missing stone a couple inches back. I had already looked there before and couldn't find it, so could be it me missing it, or someone helping me find it. Regardless, I'm very thankful that it was found. :)

And completely off (my) subject, I ran out of incense last week, so I decided to try a smudge stick. Got a Sage/Cedar/Sweetgrass one, and didn't realize how smoky it was... The whole house was pissed at me because it was filled with smoke! :lol: I liked the results, though, and intend to work faster with it so that the family doesn't kill me. I was going to get the Sage/Lavender stick, but I had a gut feeling that I needed to get the other, and it wouldn't go away (which sucks sometimes. I love lavender).

As for the symbolism I was talking about, I've done it for years. Even tonight, I noticed a work in progress watercolor of mine also had an orb in the middle. It's yellow. :headdesk: It's a bit frustrating because I don't know if I'm doing it because it looks good, or if it truly means something. I didn't even try in this painting. I added it to accompany something else in the painting (I do abstract), and it went from there. It's creepy.

Misanthropical
02-28-2012, 06:29 AM
I usually have good intuition about people and places. I will jokingly bring up a subject and have the person I'm talking to look at me like :eek: because it's something they are thinking of or are doing but haven't told anyone about. It freaks me out a bit too, but I don't show it.

Ethan was playing with my cell phone the other day, which means he was standing very close to me. I had sitting on my desk and I see it light up when there was no call or text coming in and no updates from the provider. He just wanted to see it light up. He had it light up twice before I told him to leave my phone alone and it stopped.

I do find it amusing how some people think I should be freaked out by having a spirit doing things around me and having a spirit in my home. I grew up with this so it's not that big of a deal to me. There isn't much that scares me anymore. Now, if it was evil, then damn right I would be freaked completely out and on the phone with my pastor. He doesn't know that I'm a sensitive, so I hope he never has to find out by me calling him for help.

We joined our church last October. The youth leader come over to me and the little guy and told us that they play man hunt in the cemetery next to the church at night. The little guy and I looked at him like :eek: :eek: I asked him to repeat that since I didn't think I heard him correctly. He said the exact same thing again. He then noticed the look on our faces and said "Well, the kids like it!" and walked off. As a sensitive, there is no way the little guy is going to do that especially at night. Mr. Mis and I also agreed that it was completely disrespectful to the dead.

Eireann
02-28-2012, 09:23 AM
I had a dream the other night about my kitty. We were at some amusement place, and I was holding her and watching some kind of show. When she was alive, she never wanted me to hold her, and I can count on one hand the times she sat on my lap. It was a wonderful dream; I think she wanted to comfort me and let me know she's all right.

Dentarthurdent
02-28-2012, 10:46 PM
I've really had too many experiences to count. But lately (moved into this house in September) I have a ghost around, George. He mostly spends his time at the bottom of the stairs. Apparently he either fell or was pushed down them, and that's how he died (he doesn't want to talk about it). At first he was kind of hostile and would try to distract me while I was going up the stairs and get me to trip, but I basically informed him what the consequences would be if he kept it up (he'd be banished) and he subsided. Lately we've been more friendly since I found out he likes leaving the house. I have a pendant on a necklace that he'll happily ride along in, without comment, for the whole day's activities (I have another pendant, a St. Brigid's cross, that he absolutely hates and he won't even talk to me if I'm wearing it - no idea why).

I have relationships with all kinds of creatures that don't exist in the physical, from dragons to a flying toaster (that last one's kind of a long story)...

Mishi
02-28-2012, 11:55 PM
My inlaws are going to be smudging a house this weekend and having a blessing ceremony because everyone has been tripping and falling throughout the house for a few weeks. On Monday, a 2 year old ended up falling off the retaining wall onto pebblecrete. *Facepalm* By all means, clean out the house but fence that f**king retaining wall as well, it's part of the reason that we moved out. Kids should be able to play in the backyard without having to worry about taking a 1.5m drop onto pebblecrete.

Kittish
02-29-2012, 05:44 AM
I have relationships with all kinds of creatures that don't exist in the physical, from dragons to a flying toaster (that last one's kind of a long story)...

I'd be fascinated to hear about the flying toaster.

As for dragons, at one point I had a huge fair of them that tended to follow me around when I was a truck driver. I hope I never freaked anyone able to see them out when I'd drive past with a huge blue or gold or oriental red dragon lounging on the roof of the trailer, or a swarm of little ones playing in the slipstream.

Now that I'm settled, most of the dragons have wandered off, but that's ok. I never thought I 'owned' them or anything, they were always friends who chose to hang around. A few of them still do, including one little silver who I asked to guard this house a few years before I ever even moved in here. My boyfriend's former partner, who passed away several years ago and I were friends, and she gave the ok for me to ask the little dragon to guard the place.

One talent that I've always seemed to have is the ability to keep mechanical things operating. It's nothing concious that I do, it's just that when I'm around, machines don't tend to break down as often or as badly. Once, I took my truck in for regular maintainance the mechanic came to me holding some broken part from the engine and asked me how in the hell that truck had still been running. I don't honestly know if it's actually me, or the pixies I've befriended or some combination of the two.

Dentarthurdent
03-26-2012, 06:17 PM
I'd be fascinated to hear about the flying toaster.

Well, I very briefly had a teacher in all things magickal/paranormal, and at one point in his life he had gotten desperately hungry and decided to create a feast for himself with magick. There were some rather awful-tasting results, including the pies he made. Somehow he was thinking about every flavor of pie imaginable, including pizza and various other things that don't go well with, say, blueberries, and he described the flavor as the worst thing he'd ever tasted (and made me fall out of my chair laughing as he described trying to eat them, because they didn't want to be eaten and he wound up chasing them for hours)...at any rate, the flying toaster was one of the objects he created, so it could provide him with toast. I was on the phone with him once and he was like "want a pet?" (actually this was a common occurrence). Said toaster lives in my hair. :D

Seraph
03-27-2012, 05:49 PM
...A toaster, you say? I'll try to stay away from your pet, then. :X

Amusement Gal
03-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Yay, thread's alive again! :D I just didn't want to resurrect it myself. Though I must say, you have to have a lot of hair to hide a toaster...

I've had some recent adventures, too. Like I said, just didn't want to bring this back from the dead. :p An oriental dragon statue of my boyfriend's just fell over and broke. On the shelf that we never move anything on. It was just sitting there like it has for a year or so, and fell straight down and broke off the hand holding the orb. Some more activity started up when everyone was out of the house, and I'm pretty sure it's just a spirit making a little bit of noise to get my attention. It stopped as soon as I told them that I knew that they were there, but I didn't want to get any weird looks from my family.

We also had our neighbors, who are moving all the way across the US, give us a pair of rocking chairs and a pole lamp. Our cat won't go near the lamp, and has even avoided her food because it's on the way there to her food dish. We moved it outside, but she's still avoiding it. The rocking chairs are also giving me a weird vibe. I've tried using smudge, white light, prayer, and even telling them that their owners are gone, but as far as I know, I still sense something. Which is a shame for the chairs, because they're gorgeous. I just don't like getting the heebie jeebies when sitting on them. If I do sit on them, I make sure to have a protective stone on me. It's going to be a work in progress, but I figure if I keep trying whenever I get the chance, the attachment will lessen and they'll go to their owners.

I just wish that we didn't have so many Negative Nancy's in this house. The most I can clean is the living room, the kitchen, and my room, because after I clean the others, they end up filling with it instantly. And there's nothing I can do about it, since it's an emotion problem. And one of the super negative rooms is right next to mine, so I have to keep pushing it out of mine. :cry:

And I feel like my skills have gotten even more in depth. My friend tells me that spirits are attracted to my nature, and every time I mention it, I just have to ask her if they following me there. Thankfully she has a clean space, and the answer is always no. :lol: Instead of just feeling energy, I can now touch it, which is very bizarre, but I figure I'll get used to it. I've also finally found a guardian that I'm comfortable asking for help from. I call upon the Goddess of Light and she is very comforting, coming from someone who has her own problems with religion. I'm very happy that I've gotten past my pride to ask for help with this, to not be alone. I think one day I'd like to help others with my abilities too, but I wouldn't know where to start, considering I only have one friend who dabbles in the paranormal. :o

Sorry I'm rambling guys! You're still about the only ones I can talk about this to. D:

Andara Bledin
03-27-2012, 07:11 PM
One talent that I've always seemed to have is the ability to keep mechanical things operating. It's nothing concious that I do, it's just that when I'm around, machines don't tend to break down as often or as badly.
Machines like me, too. I have to tell my cars that it's ok for them to let me know when they need service, 'cause they tend to run perfectly until they break down in rather expensive manners. >_<

I used to own a CD player that would only work for me. It would drive my then-hubby nuts when he'd put a disk in and it wouldn't work and he'd fiddle with it for half an hour, and I'd walk over and press the Play button and it'd start right up. :lol:

^-.-^

Dentarthurdent
03-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Yay, thread's alive again! :D I just didn't want to resurrect it myself. Though I must say, you have to have a lot of hair to hide a toaster... <snip>
You're still about the only ones I can talk about this to. D:

I guess my hair's about 3 inches long. He's just not that big of a toaster. :D

There's a great forum over at Mystic Wicks (http://www.mysticwicks.com) where you can talk about this kind of stuff, you know.

Amusement Gal
03-27-2012, 09:52 PM
I guess my hair's about 3 inches long. He's just not that big of a toaster. :D

There's a great forum over at Mystic Wicks (http://www.mysticwicks.com) where you can talk about this kind of stuff, you know.

I'm...bad about joining groups. It took me two years to join this place. :o Even then, I hardly post. Not exactly good at talking to people, even online.