PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be Auntie

worddork
01-10-2012, 07:03 PM
So as I stated in Jester's year in review thread, my sister-in-law is pregnant with a little girl. :D

The family is super excited, she will be the first grandbaby for our folks. However, my co-workers and friends have pointed out that I'm spoiling the child already. I have decorated 5 onesies for her, knitted a bib, started on a knitted hat that looks like a bunny when finished and I'm 1/2 way done with a blanket. Next on my needles will be some booties, and I just received the yarn to make two stufed toys for her. And I purchased a basket to put all the baby things inside of when I give them to my sister-in-law at the babyshower. It's pink with a teddy bear on the front that can be re-used as a toy box as she grows .

So I ask, am I going overboard for my first niece? Or is this normal for a crafty aunt to do?

Victory Sabre
01-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Your job is to spoil them. I'd say you're not going overboard.

ArcticChicken
01-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Great, now I'm feel inadequate. I was only planning on doing the blanket for my future SILs baby.

ETA: My BF says "That's going overboard with a cannonball tied around your legs." Ignore him.

CloserToSane
01-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Not at all. I go nuts with my little cousins (I don't technically have nieces and nephews, though I'm called auntie Claire occasionally).

I also spoil some of my co workers kids. I've got clothes to go to Canada for one and I bought for my sales manager each time she went on maternity leave - and something for her eldest the second (and most recent) time.

Seraph
01-10-2012, 10:20 PM
ETA: My BF says "That's going overboard with a cannonball tied around your legs." Ignore him.

I just about violated the spit-take rule. :lol:

worddork
01-10-2012, 10:30 PM
I also spoil some of my co workers kids.

I do this as well, the hat I'm making I've made twice before for co-workers.

CloserToSane
01-11-2012, 12:09 AM
I'd love to see what a finsihed one looks like.

worddork
01-11-2012, 06:42 AM
I'd love to see what a finsihed one looks like.

Ask and ye shall receive

This is the first one I made.

This is the second one. I changed the color to a lighter pink. The one I'm making now has a pink in between, almost like a coral.

Slayer
01-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Those hats are so cute! Very nice :)

And it's your job to spoil nieces and nephews! My friends and I joke that when one of us is the first to have a child, the rest of us are going to go crazy with the spoilage XD

Don't worry, I have no doubts that the grandparents-to-be will be doing some spoiling of their own ;)

CloserToSane
01-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Aww they're very cute hats.

ArcticChicken
01-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Is the pattern for the hats online?

worddork
01-14-2012, 02:17 AM
Is the pattern for the hats online?

Yes, it's on Berant's website, you just have to give them an e-mail address to access the free patterns. They also have one for boys that looks like a bear