PDA

View Full Version : So Completely Frustrating

the_std
01-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Agh, I hate when I do this to myself.

I was listening to Big R Radio - Alternative Rock on iTunes on Monday night, and this fantastic song came on... And I cannot remember enough about it to look it up! It was slow, it was acoustic, it was a man singing, the lyrics were pretty deep, and I'm fairly sure it was new. The past hour spent on Google has yielded nothing because, of course, I don't have enough information to go off of. There are no playlists from Big R to help me in my quest.

I know I've done this to myself, but argh. So frustrating.

NorthernZel
01-11-2012, 09:35 PM
That's a difficult one. You say that the Big R website doesn't have playlist, but would they have a sort of hitlist as in "most played last week"? Perhaps you could do a Google search on each of the songs on the hitlist and see whether one of them matches?

Oh, and another suggestion (though this is a long, LONG shot at it): if you have a smartphone with a TrackID app installed and you remember some of the tune and lyrics, try recording yourself singing/humming the tune, and perhaps the app is able to identify the song.

the_std
01-11-2012, 09:44 PM
NothernZel, those are both excellent suggestions. I tried to find any possible playlist with BigR's songs, and I went through the meagre handful that I did find with a fine-tooth comb and Googled the ones I couldn't recognize the names of, but nada. And alas, I have not yet upgraded to the smartphone world, so I don't have that either. I don't even remember any of the words or tune, just that the song was awesome. How great is that? :P

Thanks anyways, though!

NorthernZel
01-11-2012, 11:20 PM
You're welcome :)

As a last resort, if you can remember the approx time the song was broadcasted at, you could send a mail to BigR to see if they can help you?

the_std
01-16-2012, 02:28 AM
HA!

So I was listening to Big R today at work, and they PLAYED IT AGAIN! I scrambled to write it down as soon as it came on so I wouldn't forget. Success!

And just in case anyone is curious, it was The Cave by Mumford & Sons (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KkUeRPjc-Y).

crazylegs
01-17-2012, 11:05 AM
So annoying when that happens - but thanks for reminding me to look for something else entirely!