PDA

View Full Version : I'm still stunned...

Demonoid Phenomenon
03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
I just had to share.
I'm still stunned.

I work for an educational software distributor in the Purchasing department. Normally, I don't talk directly with the customers, but I was sent a call (though that's a big no-no) from a lady who'd been having issues with her order.
Now, under the weird circumstances (which I won't even attempt to relate; I don't think I could if I tried) surrounding her order, she was nothing but nice and polite and sweet.
Anyone else would have been shooting fire through the phone and I wouldn't have blamed them, frankly. Dang, she was even apologizing for being 'so much trouble'!
And we messed HER up!

Fast forward a few weeks later and I get another call from the same customer. Apparently, through some freakish error, her checking account was put on hold for over $6000.
That's no typo.
6 grand PLUS.
Our fault again.
And she was still nice and polite and sweet the whole time.
I'm still stunned (did I say that already?).
If she'd been fighting mad, she'd have been absolutely entitled. If she'd been screaming, I'd have been completely sympathetic and scrambling to help.

When I think of all the times I've had customers go off on me for the tiniest mistake or the pettiest of issues...
Lady, you just renewed a little bit of my faith in the human race.
Not all of it, mind you. There are still plenty of freaks out there who resist satisfaction of any kind.
But we could all learn a lesson.

Thank you, ma'am!

JustaCashier
03-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Wow! What a neat Lady!

Ma'am, :yourock:

Is there some way, within Company Policy, that you could send her some token gift, or coupon or such, not only for her trouble, but just for being so dang nice?

Mike

Demonoid Phenomenon
03-02-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm not sure, but I love the idea.
Thanks!
I'll see what I can do.

JustaCashier
03-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Kewl!

I like seeing nice customers, especially when they are extraordinarilly nice as in this case, rewarded now and then when we so often witness sucky customers being rewarded for their unreasonable tantrums, just to keep them quiet.

Mike

RecoveringKinkoid
03-09-2007, 02:32 PM
""Son, you got a panty on your head." - RAISING ARIZONA "

My favorite quote from one of my favorite movies!

It's the nice customers who make the job worthwhile. :)

Ackee
03-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Couldn't you send a gift, like some flowers or something?

DarthRetard
03-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Heh, heh. Wonder if she's single? Or would be interested in cloning? or Seminars? Something?

That's amazing, she must have the patience of a saint. Even I'd have probably flipped a shit over that one.

Oh, and RK, my little brother (Arizona) was NAMED after that movie....:eek: