PDA

View Full Version : Burn Notice fans?

BeenThereDoneThat
01-24-2012, 08:37 AM
There was a thread a few months back about TV shows people liked. Recently the hubs and I have been watching Burn Notice and I am infatuated. We're not quite to the end of Season 2 on Netflix but we're working on it...also I think I might have missed a few episodes since I think he sometimes watches them when I'm not home from work yet.

Anyway...I just think the writing and acting are excellent and the characters play very well off each other. And it tends to be hilarious. The South Beach setting is great too, even if we are only seeing the rich, hip part of Miami. I keep wishing I had a job where I could sit in outdoor cafes all day and sip Mojitos :D (OK, I'm actually not a huge Mojito fan but I could work around that...)

Seraph
01-24-2012, 12:59 PM
We just started watching this show this week. Its freaking AMAZING! And I about flipped backwards off the couch when I saw Bruce Campbell. :D

houdini
01-24-2012, 08:19 PM
The husband watches it, and absolutely loves it. I've seen a few bits because he keeps dragging me off my computer to watch them :lol: I get the impression that he...rather likes it :D

CorneliaMarieRocks
01-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Oh yes! I don't watch it, but my mom & step-dad NEVER miss an episode, they DVR them & then during the evenings or on his days off they'll sit & have a little marathon :lol:

yeah I want that guy's job, except my drink of choice would be a mudslide :D

jedimaster91
01-24-2012, 09:16 PM
I love Burn Notice. Jeffery Donovan can come to my rescue any day. :D

Mytical
01-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Bruce Campbell is one of my favorite actors. Not sure if it is because of or despite of the B-movies I've seen him as a bit part/main part in. I think he and the mother sort of make the show. The others are ok, and Fiona rules..but despite being 'secondary' characters the mom and Bruce steal the show.

auntiem
01-24-2012, 10:23 PM
I watched this the first two seasons, but then I managed to miss some episodes and now am a little lost on some of the story lines. I started watching it purely because of Bruce Campbell, but stayed because I liked the writing and acting.
My favorite episode is the one where Cagney and Lacey are reunited (Mom Westin was Cagney). And now I've shown my age....

Raveni
01-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Here is a great video about the time the Burn Notice crew wrecked an A1 Abrams tank. A real one.

http://videosift.com/video/Bruce-Campbell-USO-Tank-Incident
:jawdrop:

Dasota
01-24-2012, 10:52 PM
My ex's dog's name is Mr. Chuck Finley. I think that says enough

BeenThereDoneThat
01-25-2012, 05:11 AM
My husband has always been a big Bruce Campbell fan so it's not really a surprise he'd get into this show. I haven't seen the Cagney and Lacey reunion episode yet, but they did do an episode where Sam and Fiona show up on a boat pretending to be cops, and Sam says he's Detective Cagney and Fiona is Detective Lacey. I read that Bruce Campbell ad-libbed that one. :D

Zellie Crescent
01-25-2012, 08:07 AM
I have the first 4 seasons and the movie on DVD, that and when I need to fix something small I don't mcgyver (don't know if I spelled that right :shrug:) it I Weston it. :D

taxguykarl
01-25-2012, 07:29 PM
My wife is a fan as well. I caught a few episodes.

Monica
01-25-2012, 11:27 PM
I watched this the first two seasons, but then I managed to miss some episodes and now am a little lost on some of the story lines. I started watching it purely because of Bruce Campbell, but stayed because I liked the writing and acting.
My favorite episode is the one where Cagney and Lacey are reunited (Mom Westin was Cagney). And now I've shown my age....

Nah, you didn't show your age. I saw that episode, and I am a huge Cagney and Lacey fan! And I am only 28.

Mytical
01-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Showing your age would be saying "What evil lurks in the heart of men? Only the shadow knows" :D

BeenThereDoneThat
01-26-2012, 06:09 AM
I have the first 4 seasons and the movie on DVD

The movie as in "The Fall of Sam Axe"? I was wondering if it was on DVD...I didn't check Netflix yet.

aqutalion
01-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Jeffery Donovan had a recurring role in a show I used to watch, "Pretender". This season, they had two of the main actors from Pretender doing guest spots on Burn Notice. I squee'd.

jedimaster91
01-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Jeffery Donovan had a recurring role in a show I used to watch, "Pretender". This season, they had two of the main actors from Pretender doing guest spots on Burn Notice. I squee'd.

YAY ANOTHER PRETENDER FAN!!!!! :D

Sorry. I just seem to find other Pretender fans so rarely that I get really excited when I do find one. Michael Weiss is hawt.

Monica
01-27-2012, 02:01 AM
The movie as in "The Fall of Sam Axe"? I was wondering if it was on DVD...I didn't check Netflix yet.

It is.;) Just checked it for you.

BeenThereDoneThat
01-27-2012, 06:32 AM
Thanks Monica!! *rushes to Netflix.com*

BeenThereDoneThat
01-27-2012, 06:40 AM
Thanks Monica! I just added it to my queue and bumped it up near the top :)

PepperElf
01-27-2012, 03:43 PM
My BF wanted me to watch it because I'm a Bruce Campbell fan.

Whatever. I have no interest in watching Bruce play some dude's boss handing out missions. I mean what he's going to be in it for like what... 5 minutes an episode anyway?

So when I got here my BF had already been through season 1.
I did watch "The Fall of Sam Axe" cos hey it's a Bruce movie! He'll be in it more than 5 minutes!

Then my bf started playing season 2 and I watched when I felt like it ... although I did sit up and take notice when "Victor" was on. Hey! That's Dr Daniel Jackson (well Daniel 2.0 at least) ... and then I started noticing several things...

That it was good.
That Bruce was in it a hell of a lot more than just the 5 minutes I assumed.
And that it was getting addictive.

now we only watch it together. And sometimes I call Michael "Yogurt boy". :)

And we've decided if Dublin ever went into Italian greyhound racing her "racing name" would be "Should we shoot them then?" :devil: figuring... normal people would be like "oh interesting name" and burn notice fans would make the connection between the Irish name and the phrase and start laughing. :lol:

BroSCFischer
01-29-2012, 05:43 AM
Love both Burn Notice and the Pretender.

My favorite BN "villain" has to be Jason Bly.:D

SC

BeenThereDoneThat
01-29-2012, 08:58 PM
... although I did sit up and take notice when "Victor" was on. Hey! That's Dr Daniel Jackson (well Daniel 2.0 at least) ...

Yeah, we enjoyed his character too...I wanted to keep calling him "Daniel Jackson" in that Teal'c voice. :D (I wasn't really a Stargate SG-1 fan but hubby is and I watched some episodes.) I liked how different Victor was from Daniel...Daniel just kind of goes around with his mouth open looking surprised, but Victor was just an all out psycho. Nice change.

As for Bruce Campbell, he does get a good amount of screen time on each episode, and according to IMDb he's been in all of the episodes so far as have Jeffrey Donovan, Gabrielle Anwar and Sharon Gless. It's always good when all the characters I like are in every episode. :)