PDA

View Full Version : warehouse 13 (IC)


Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 04:43 AM
Ted Barlowe had had an almost normal day that day. Classes had gone well, his assistants handling most things, and for once had absolutely nothing on his schedule.

As he enteres his office this fine fall afternoon, he finds a middle aged woman standing looking at his bookshelf rather intently. She stands about 5 feet 6 inches tall, dressed impeccably in a tailored well fitting skirt suit in muted earth tones, her hair styled simply but professionally.

"hello Mr Barlowe"

she speaks with a refined voice but does not turn around as he enters.

Mytical
06-10-2012, 04:48 AM
He was used to having students drop in at odd hours, as he had an open door policy. They did come in all ages and walks of life as well, so this did not seem too odd to him. "Just give me a second to get oriented, and I will be right with you." He puts all his material neatly on his desk, sits in his chair and finally addresses the person. "Now..how may I help you?"

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 05:32 AM
She finally turns to face him and presents herself as an older woman, maybe in her late 40s, and speaks.

"We have been watching you for a while Mr Barlowe. I'm here to tell you that you are being transfer to another department for a while..."

She produces a manilla envelope from under her arm hand places it on the desk.

If he glances down at it then back up, she will have vanished.

inside the envelope is a picture, a plane ticket, and a letter.

The picture is of what appears to be a gold coin, closely resembling something from south america.

the letter states simply that if he'd like to expand upon his research beyond anything he could ever imagine, to use the plane ticket and someone will be there to meet him.

The plane ticket is to somewhere in South Dakota, and is for tomorrow afternoon (friday)

Mytical
06-10-2012, 05:37 AM
He informs the university he is going on sabbatical, and prepares for his trip. He will make the flight.

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 05:39 AM
the flight is uneventful, and arrives early, upon heading to the baggage claim he sees a young woman dressed in slacks and a loose t-shirt, holding a sign (upside down ironically) with his name on it looking around rather distractedly.

Mytical
06-10-2012, 05:41 AM
He approaches her "I guess you are looking for me?"

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 05:47 AM
the woman turns a warm smile on him and does not appear to be flusterd.

"So...your barlowe eh? I'm Samara Techlin, guess we're working together. huh, you met Ms Fredrick? crazy woman....I'd keep an eye on her....you got your stuff? good lets go, got to show you your new home away from home!"

Shes interupted by a faint buzzing sound coming from her pocket, and produces the strangest item ted's ever seen, about the size of a paperback book, she flips it open and begins talking.

"yeah hes here, like she said. I'm starving, we'll stop in univille for dinner then head to Leena's. I'll bring him by tomorrow."

Then she flips it closed, smiling at him again, "my boss, artie...hes....a unique character, you'll meet him tomorrow."

with that she begins walking out of the terminal.

Mytical
06-10-2012, 05:48 AM
I follow "You know, I still have yet to find out what this is all about..."

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 05:53 AM
"You're a teacher right? from your file you're like indiana jones but not as cool.... ok think of every weird thing you've seen in the tabloids, or seen on the news...now imagine if ordinary thinks were behind strange things happening."

she leads him out to a car and helps him load it into the trunk before getting in herself and staring it up.

"Ever wonder why venus di milo doesn't have any arms? why babe ruth was a great ball player? Well take everything you think you know and throw it out the window. I can promise you your life will change, I'd even go so far as to say for the better."

Mytical
06-10-2012, 05:59 AM
To say he was skeptical was an understatement. "I guess I will have to see what you mean for myself."

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 06:05 AM
"Been with the Warehouse, 10 years next week. I was just like you when I started, but I seen some things that blew my mind, caused alot of laughter and alot of tears."

As they drive she regals him with stories of a few of her exploits, a few having him in laughter wether he believes them or not. He does notice that she mentions everything she did was alone but he gets the impression she is holding something back.

"....and then you should of seen his face when I came back covered in goo and said 'artie I swear to god if you ever send me to a zoo again I'm sending you my cleaning bill!' I then didn't speak to him for a week!"

she pulls into a small town then stopping a moment later outside a diner and gets out stretching.

"god that drive gets longer every day, you coming? I've not eaten since breakfast."

Mytical
06-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Follows, not prying..after all he just met the person..and if she wanted him to know she would tell him. "Yes, I could use some food."

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 06:12 AM
"You don't talk much do you?"

She proceeds to order about 1/3 of the menu, and "a diet coke please" then turns to him.

"I understand this can be weird, but I promise you...its fun. Artie is a bit of a hard ass but he's been with the warehouse since time began, I think ms fredricks has been there longer."

she sighs softly, "Listen, theres weird shit going on in the world, and the warehouse keeps that stuff safe. Theres been a warehouse in all the major powers of the world since...well...Alexandria I believe. Theres stuff been lost to time, and hoardes of invaders so lots of weird things happen all over the world. You like history and study it....We think you're insite to come of the other warehouses and where they might be holed up would be of use."

Mytical
06-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Ted thinks a bit. "Well, if I start on a lecture I can talk until the students beg for mercy, I just still have to figure out what exactly is going on. Still, your explanation has helped a bit. I think I must see what you are talking about first hand. It would help me tremendously." he orders a decent meal. "All this sounds intriguing at least. I think you might be delusional, but I will at least give you a chance to prove what you say is true."

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 06:32 AM
"Naw my last psych exam cleared me of being insane or delusional. I was actually due to leave for a case tomorrow, so you might get a taste of it sooner then you think, but i left all my gear back at the warehouse, Artie needed my tesla for an upgrade or something."

She digs into her food with a healthy appitite as she continues speaking, "Listen I was as skeptical as you are, but a few to many weird things have happened since i joined but I've had alot of fun with some of the less dangerous things in the warehouse....like the bottomless cookie jar, or the freezing snowglobe or the silly string."

Mytical
06-10-2012, 06:37 AM
He chuckles "You make it sound interesting, I am starting to look forward to it. I have no idea what to expect, but sometimes life is more interesting that way. I look forward to examining all these objects you speak of."

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 06:49 AM
"Lets see if I can remember them all.... Warehouse 1 was in Greece, sometime by alexander the great. Warehouse 2 was in Egypt, Warehouse 3 was in Italy, Warehouse 4 was created by the Huns, Warehouse 5 was in Byzantine, Warehouse 6 was in Cambodia, Warehouse 7 was in Mongolia, Warehouse 8 was in Germany, Warehouse 9 was in Turkey, Warehouse 10 was in India, Warehouse 11 was in Russia, Warehouse 12 was in Britain, Warehouse 13 was in America and currently is here, obviously. Theres a manual with all this information that I can let you read my copy at some point. They've been all over the world since before the burning of Alexandria, the great library the history books say exsist there? That was the warehouse."

Mytical
06-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Ted thinks. "Well, all great civilizations have one thing in common..eventually they all fall. How do I know that these..warehouses did not have a hand in each civilizations fall?" he looks at her seriously.

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 06:55 AM
She just shrugs, "can't answer that honestly, but i do know that they fell because people wanted what was in those warehouses. OUrs is safer this time around I believe, but you probably won't believe me if i told you what its actually on the books as."

Mytical
06-10-2012, 06:57 AM
"Well your story is kind of wild enough, so what is one more thing? Try me."

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 06:58 AM
she stands after paying the bill sucking on her chocolate and peanut butter milkshake, "an IRS tax audit storage building."

Mytical
06-10-2012, 07:00 AM
He laughs at that. "Well, that will ensure nobody will go into it. Nobody wants to mess with the IRS." He stands himself. "So what now?"

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 07:01 AM
"we get a good night sleep, tomorrow I show you the warehouse and Artie, and depending on if hes got what I need we fly out."

Mytical
06-10-2012, 07:06 AM
"Sounds good." He realizes he has not quite made any reservations or such.."Provided there is a hotel open, have not quite booked a room yet."

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 07:12 AM
"No worries, Leena's has rooms available for you. Cute little bed and breakfast about an hours drive from the warehouse."

As she drives Ted notices that while he flew into the middle of nowhere he seems to be going up into the blackhills, as evident when she turns off the paved road in the middle of a field and pulls up in front of a rather cute looking two story building. She grabs her back pack out of the trunk and helps him with his luggage, leading him inside.

"Looks like everyones gone to bed, or out at the warehouse. My room is at the top of the stairs second door on the left, I think Leena said yours is....ah, here. Bathroom is at the end of the hall, be warned there are only 2 bathrooms here and we all share them. I'll see you in the morning."

She opens the door to his room which is rather comfortably furnished with a queen sized bed, over stuffed chairs, a small dresser with a vanity, and tasteful paintings in the room, almost how he'd decorate his own room.

Mytical
06-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Surprisingly he has very little trouble sleeping, as excited as he is to start the day.

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 02:48 PM
The next morning shes already in the small sitting room downstairs, finishing a cup of coffee, and the remains of breakfast on a plate beside her, a file folder laying open and a book propped up on a glass of juice near by, opened to a chapter on Ancient Mayan civilzation.

Mytical
06-10-2012, 07:14 PM
"Mayan huh? Once was at a dig site in Campeche. Wasn't much there though, apparently our intel was not correct." he joins her for breakfast, eager to start the day.

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 09:36 PM
((sorry was at a movie when you posted :P))

She glances up, "sleep well? do you know you snore?"

she grins at him, then gestures to a swinging door near by, "breakfast is kinda your own thing around here. Hope you can cook, otherwise theres always the diner back where we had dinner."

"campeche eh? good theres an exhibit we're going to the opening of tonight in New Mexico, Artie thinks theres something there. someone is commiting ritual sacrifice and all are missing their hearts."

Mytical
06-10-2012, 09:44 PM
*laughs* "I am a confirmed bachelor, so I can fix a few things..if they are edible for anybody but me is debatable. Let me get some food in me, and then I will be ready for the day." Gets started on some food.

((I was otherwise distracted myself))

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 09:50 PM
She grins at him, clears away her plates and joins him in the kitchen as he cooks his breakfast, pointing out where some things are.

"So we're going to an exhibit on the jaguar god of the underworld tonight, nothing fancy, I'll asume you know how to not only make yourself look friendly and glad hand if need be, but also when to button to your lip and follow when necessary?"

Mytical
06-10-2012, 10:09 PM
"I will do my best. Academia is a bit different from the 'real world', but I think I can pass muster. As to the God L ((Note : Not sure if this is accurate or not..but seems to be))..we might want to go in really prepared..he is known for dark rituals and magic."

Sarlon
06-10-2012, 10:15 PM
"Treat everyone you meet like they are all going to give you grant money if you handle them the right way, as for what we're dealing with? no clue, might be any of the objects we find. I'd like to see what you think....listen to your gut, Ms Fredricks is rarely wrong."

Mytical
06-10-2012, 10:17 PM
*nods* Finishes cooking, and then finishes eating. "Ready when you are." ((that is it until later I am afraid..will be back later though))

Sarlon
06-11-2012, 01:47 PM
((no excuse from me this time...life happened))

"pack for a couple of days,should be a tux in your closet that should fit,meet me at the car in 10 minutes."

As they prepare to head out Ted sees her talking and laughing with a young woman, then upon seeing him turns that smile to him as well and says "This is the owner of this little bed and breakfast leena, shes even impressed with your cooking and cleaning skills, makes artie look like a chump."

Mytical
06-11-2012, 03:14 PM
He chuckles. "He must be a very poor cook. Pleasure to meet you."

Sarlon
06-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Both women grin at him, then Leena, speaking in a rather soft spoken manner, says "I'll keep an eye on your things, and when you return I'll give you a more formal tour of the house. Artie is waiting on both of you."

Samara just kinda rolls her eyes then picking up a backpack near the door and a garment bag she walks out leaving the door slightly ajar behind her.

Mytical
06-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Follows her, into a brave new world (for him)

Sarlon
06-11-2012, 11:28 PM
she drives them out further into the middle of nowhere (if that is possible), and stops outside the most rundown rustbucket of a building built near one of the taller hills. Here she parks and steps out walking towards the small door set in one side.

Mytical
06-11-2012, 11:33 PM
He follows, not having been told differently, still wishing he knew more about what was going on. He is half expecting somebody to jump out and tell him he has been 'Punk'd'.

Sarlon
06-11-2012, 11:40 PM
She pulls open the door with relative ease, and walks inside, soon as he gets close to the door a old school football appears out of nowhere and lands at his feet.

Mytical
06-12-2012, 03:01 AM
He looks confused at the football, looks around to see who if anybody might have thrown it. "Hey, what is this football doing here?" he calls to the woman. If he sees somebody around who might have thrown it, he will pick it up and give it back..if not he will first examine it.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 03:08 AM
she pokes her head back out, confusion showing for just a moment, "oh...artie's trick on new comers....throw it as hard as you want in any direction..."

Mytical
06-12-2012, 03:12 AM
He picks it up and does so. "O...k. From what you were saying earlier..I'm not touching anything unless somebody says it is ok." He chuckles.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 03:14 AM
"most of these things are harmless, I'll show you the dark vault sometime THATS the stuff you wanna stay clear of..."

they both watch the football that he threw fly off into the wild blue yonder. "come on inside, that thing won't come back for a while."

She leads him in through a starkly white hall way in total contrast to the shabby outside, then punches a code and scans her eye into another door at the far end.

"welcome to what I call a portal into never never land."

Mytical
06-12-2012, 03:17 AM
"First star to the left, and straight on till morn." he chuckles.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 03:23 AM
((office area then warehouse, he'd barely be able to see it through the blinds))

A rather portly, older looking gentleman is sitting at could barely be described as a computer glances up as Samara walks in, "You're late..."

his smooth voice holds both humor, and admonition.

"Had to bring the newbie in from the airport last night, and I had to get my dress from the cleaners. can't help that they can get goo out of silk...they've had plenty of experience,"

She turns to Ted smiling again at his look of utter shock, "Welcome to Warehouse 13, this is Artie our malevalent leader. Have a look around, just don't touch much...cookie?"

she picks up what looks like a rather elborate golden urn covered in gems and offers him what apear to be chocolate chip cookies, one already in her mouth and the urn itself almost completely full.

Mytical
06-12-2012, 03:27 AM
"Sure." he takes a cookie. "As for touching anything, I will wait until I know what I am touching first." He laughs. "My curiosity is tempered by the archeologist in me patience. Can't go with a jackhammer when a brush is more useful."

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 03:30 AM
"oh office stuff is mostly harmless, there are desks under here somewhere..."

She grins as she takes a few more cookies, then walks over to a shelf picking up another file folder, a small metal box, and what appears to be a gun that looks more like a ray gun to him.

"oh good its fully charged. Artie we're heading out, I'll call you on the farnsworth if something comes, and I even promise to bring the newbie back in one piece."

Mytical
06-12-2012, 04:01 AM
"I don't promise to come back in one piece though. Nobody wants to see me in a one piece." he chuckles and follows.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 04:09 AM
"oh Artie....we'll have to get him some creditentals when we get back...I can only vouch for him for so long."

Samara leads him back out, "sorry if this seems rushed, but we weren't expecting you last night till Ms Fredricks said to expect you. I'll give you a tour of the warehouse when we get back. oh and no worries we're not looking for a calander. here is your weapon, don't worry it can't kill anyone, just think of it as a giant long range stun gun."

She hands him the box that contained the ray gun looking thing, while she pulls out a glock checking it carefully, then sliding it into a holster at the small of her back. Today she is dressed in well worn jeans, and a violet blouse.

"I'm gonna make you a promise Ted, I will never intentionally withhold information from you, we're effectively partners right now, secerts are to be left back at the school you just came from."

Mytical
06-12-2012, 04:17 AM
"Same here. I take it this is a learn as you go type thing? Ah well..beats the humdrum of academia. Lets go."

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 07:37 PM
A rather short plane ride and a rental car later finds them infront of a rather bland hotel room. she checks in then drives the car around to their room, she handing him a key to a room next to hers.

"you're my brother if anyone asks, we're here visiting some out of town family. I was gonna look around the museum before the gala tonight...you wanna take a nap, explore, or come with me?"

Mytical
06-12-2012, 08:06 PM
"A chance to see a museum? Wouldn't miss it for the world lil sis." he chuckles.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 08:07 PM
"unpack then, I don't wanna see a single wrinkle in that tux tonight."

she grins and unlocks her room carrying a backpack, and her own garment bag.

about 15 minutes later she knocks on his door then walks out to the car.

Mytical
06-12-2012, 08:34 PM
He has changed into one of his normal professor outfits, figuring it would fit in. He joins her in the car. "I think I am going to like this .. job. Once I figure out what it actually entails. The best way to learn something is first hand, just don't let any of my colleagues know I said that."

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 08:37 PM
"I can promise you only the paperwork is dull, though yearly inventory of the warehouse gets boring...I mean I can only have so many ferrets!"

She hasn't changed into anything different though she did clean up a little.

"we'll do a brief walk through of the museum, if we spot anything artifacty we'll snag and bag it, and be home in time for dinner....otherwise you get to wear a monkey suit tonight!"

Mytical
06-12-2012, 08:39 PM
He shrugs. "Believe it or not, in my years of academia I've worn enough monkey suits that I probably should be flinging my own poo." He chuckles.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 08:41 PM
10 minutes later they pull into a parking lot of the museum, Samarah getting out pulling a rather large handbag out of the trunk looking inside briefly before tossing the keys in it.

"lunch after this dear brother, breakfast seems to of been ages ago."

she lighty grips his arm in an almost hug then walks into the place.

Mytical
06-12-2012, 08:44 PM
He follows her, hiding a smile. One thing about this new job..it was a million miles away from boring. This was going to be an interesting night.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 08:46 PM
she has a brief talk with a person at the counter, then turns back to him.

"you start downstairs, I'm being given a private tour upstairs, just listen to your gut. We'll meet back here in an hour."

Mytical
06-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Though he is not sure what he is looking for, for some reason he trusts her..and heads down to look around.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 08:56 PM
As he wanders he finds numerous things that simply draw his eye just for them being interesting to him, however little does catch his eye.

As the hour comes to a close a small almost hidden nook contains a strange looking urn (http://www.astronomy.pomona.edu/archeo/Other%20student%20web%20sites/Jeremy%20G%20Wertheimer/burial%20urn%20picture.htm) that seems to draw him towards it like a moth to a flame.

He is so rivited by it, that it takes someone saying sir multiple times and grabbing his arm to make him break eye contact with it.

Mytical
06-12-2012, 09:00 PM
"Ah yes, sorry about that." he looks at the person pulling his arm. "Sometimes I get caught up in looking around." He makes a mental note where the urn is, knowing that he can't very well just walk out with it.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 09:03 PM
"Thats a restricted area sir you can't go back there."

A rather stern faced guard, one hand on his gun (though still holstered), loosens his grip on ted's arm but does not release him, a strange look in his eye as he looks him over.

Mytical
06-12-2012, 09:04 PM
"Of course, of course. I apologize, won't happen again." He waits for his partner, keeping an eye on the area where the urn is.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Samarah walks up just then, "THERE you are! been worried sick! I'm so sorry sir my brother is a little...well...special sometimes. Come on dear its lunch time!"

she gives the guard a strange look as she gentle pries Ted from the guard's grip and leads him away, saying nothing till they are outside.

"anything?"

Mytical
06-12-2012, 09:26 PM
He nods. "I spotted an Urn that drew my attention." he tells her where it is exactly. "I have no doubt that is what we are after. If it will be there by the time we can get it..is another question. I don't trust that guard, and he noticed me looking in that area."

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 09:29 PM
"I found something promising up stairs too, how well can you keep people distracted so long as its not an entire group?"

She pulls into a homestyle restruant and parks the car getting out.

"traveling makes me hungry...and all I had for breakfast was 4 eggs, 1/2 pound of bacon, 4 peices of toast, large bowl of fruit, and 4 pancakes."

Mytical
06-12-2012, 09:33 PM
He thinks. "All I need is a plain brown bag, a fifth of whiskey, and .. a change of clothing." he chuckles. "As for food, I can always eat."

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 09:34 PM
"I think thinking makes me hungry..."

she gives a delicate shrug and slams the car door shut, then pauses looking around strangely, then shakes her head and walks in.

Mytical
06-12-2012, 09:39 PM
He looks around, and 'accidentally' trips bumping into her. First whispering. "Think we were followed?" then louder "Sorry sis, can't seem to walk straight today."

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 09:43 PM
"can't put my finger on it....just a gut feeling I guess like we're being watched."

said softly under her voice while "catching" him, "Told you to lay off the whiskey till at least 5 sheesh"

Mytical
06-12-2012, 09:44 PM
He chuckles "No such thing as going easy on whiskey." setting up just in case for what he has planned for the museum.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 09:47 PM
she lets him go in first arching her back with her hands on the small of her back like she has back problems, turning this way and that, before walking in herself and sitting down with a careful view of the car outside and the door into the diner.

She again orders most of the menu, this time stretching so far as to have a Dr. Pepper (instead of a diet soda).

"so tonight should be fun if nothing else, just smile and look interested, if its there I'll handle it, and we can enjoy the rest of the night."

Mytical
06-12-2012, 09:50 PM
He nods. "I'll follow your lead." He orders a modest meal. He is looking around, trying to see anybody who might look familiar.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 09:56 PM
the meal is uneasy, and she makes very little small talk, mainly asking more about him personally while they eat.

Mytical
06-12-2012, 10:02 PM
He answers her questions, but is not very forthcoming. "Sorry, just think I am about as interesting as a doorknob." he chuckles, and finishes up his food.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 10:05 PM
"well, I'm the only child of my parents, I grew up in a tiny town in Maine, actually studied to be a doctor, but found police work more interesting...might of had something to do with my then boyfriend."

A sly smile crosses her lips then.

"I was recruited about 10 years ago as I said after a nasty case with what I now know is an artifact."

Mytical
06-12-2012, 10:12 PM
"I'd love to hear about it someday, when you feel like talking about it that is." he knows that he should not ask, but he knows that if she talks about it he might learn more about these Artifacts.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 10:13 PM
"not in public at least...lets head back to the hotel I wanna call artie find his take on it."

Mytical
06-12-2012, 10:17 PM
He nods, handles the tab, and follows her out. "We might have to make a small stop. Somewhere that sells alcohol." he grins.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 10:18 PM
"Haven't touched a drop in 20 years."

She smiles at him though and after asking directions drives to a small mom and pop store.

Mytical
06-12-2012, 10:21 PM
As they are driving "Actually I am pretty much a tea person myself, but this is for the sake of my distraction." once at the store he gets a bottle of the cheapest whiskey. Making sure to get a brown paper bag also.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 10:27 PM
"I've a small hip flask if you'd prefer..."

She drives them back to their hotel, and says, "ok we'll leave tonight about 5:30. in my personal experience there will be nothing there resembling dinner or REAL food so in and out fast, while not making it looked to rushed. My que will be I need to go to the ladies room. If I'm gone for more then a half hour start making noises and try and get yourself thrown out. This was orginally gonna be a one person job anyway so I will be ok."

Mytical
06-12-2012, 10:31 PM
"For my distraction, the bottle works much better." dresses as 'poorly' as he can. Scuffs up his hair, the whole nine yards..looking as 'disrespectful' as possible.

Sarlon
06-12-2012, 10:31 PM
"and you just plan on wearing those under your clothes?"

Mytical
06-13-2012, 04:20 AM
He thinks "Your right, doesn't quite work does it. Ok quick alteration in plans." he goes back to the way he was. "So the drunk thing won't work..no problem. We'll go with the flask then..and I will improvise once there." He had planned to stumble into the area as if drunk, causing quite a ruckus..getting himself thrown out. Since he was going to have to play it straight for a bit, that didn't quite work. Still, the flask would get him thrown out if played right.

Sarlon
06-13-2012, 08:28 PM
"Alright, I'll be taking a nap and a shower and see you outside in 4 hours."

That evening, she appears at his door in a stunning knee length black dress with spagetti straps, and a modest square neckline, only a simple silver necklace and modest earrings are her only jewelry.

"are you ready?"

Mytical
06-13-2012, 08:40 PM
He nods "Though it seems I am way under dressed." He is again wearing something he would wear as a professor..casual dress clothing. "Shall we?"

Sarlon
06-13-2012, 08:43 PM
((actually he had a tux that would fit him perfectly in his luggage.))

Mytical
06-13-2012, 08:46 PM
((Ah, ok, forgot about that sorry, then he would be in the Tux))

"Shall we dear sister?"

Sarlon
06-13-2012, 10:54 PM
She slides into the car carrying a small clutch like purse that looks like it could barely hold the ray gun type thing let alone any form of identifacation and sets it on the console between the seats then sets off.

When they arrive the scene is completely different from earlier this morning. A long line of cars are pulling up, spitting out well dressed people, then being driven off by red jacketed valets. As they pull up, a young man opens ted's door while another gets hers.

Samara has a quick whispered word with the young man and ted briefly glimpses a bill passed along with the keys.

"shall we dear brother?"

Mytical
06-14-2012, 04:35 AM
"With pleasure, dear sister." He is now the consummate gentleman, and would offer his arm..except that wouldn't be something a brother would most likely do. Everything else is forgotten, except the role he is playing. He is now the older brother, a little protective, but just proud of his sister. Nothing else..for now.

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 04:38 AM
She follows him in, a smile that would light up a room crossing her face, and hes almost conviced its real.

She apperently knows many of the people here on a first name basis, and introduces him to quite a few famous people.

After about an hour, she excuses herself to go to the ladies room leaving him on his own with several people that he was discussing some of his classes with. They giving him their full attention.

Mytical
06-14-2012, 04:52 AM
He really turns on the charm then, and starts telling anecdotes about some of his more colorful students and antics that students have pulled in his classes. He has another plan if things go south, but he wants to keep their attention right now in a positive way.

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 04:57 AM
Samara slips out of the room, slipping off her high heels as she goes stuffing them into her clutch.

she finds her way downstairs and makes an almost beeline for where the urn was the ted described, being very careful not to be noticed by the passing security guards.

When she arrives however she lets out an almost to loud violent curse as the object is not there.

She turns briefly to catch a glimpse of the security guard Ted ran into earlier carrying off something large in his arms and making his own beeline for the door.

Cursing she reaches into the clutch and pulls out the tesla gun and gives chase.

Ted and every single guest upstairs suddenly hears what most woul think is a bomb going off practically under their feet shaking the entire building.

Mytical
06-14-2012, 05:02 AM
Well so much for him causing a distraction, that would be distraction enough. While they try to figure it out (and get everybody out of the building), he is headed down to see where his partner is, and what is happening.

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 05:04 AM
he doesn't find her in the lobby or outside, but once outside from the milling crowds he finally spots her standing next to their car further up the street parked away from the crowds.

At this distance and the darkness shes parked within, he can't tell any real details except shes carrying something large under her arm.

Mytical
06-14-2012, 05:09 AM
He races toward her, not knowing what is going on, and wanting to find out. Now.

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 05:13 AM
she gives him a tired smile as she holds up a large silverly like bag.

"As unexpected as tha was...little bugger tried to hit me...hit the urn instead...cracked it. erm...I don't know where he is anymore, but this urn was making him kill people. best way i can explain it..."

She looks a little dazed, her carefully styled hiar in complete disarray, a small bruise forming on her cheek, and her lip is split.

Mytical
06-14-2012, 05:18 AM
"Come on, lets get you and that somewhere safe." He doubts she wants to go to the hospital, but he drives her to his little apartment..and gets a rag and some alcohol. "Here..this will probably help..though it will sting a little."

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 05:21 AM
"its safe so long as it stays in that bag till we get it back to the warehouse..."

She hisses slightly as he cleans her cuts.

"Paperwork will be a blast!"

Mytical
06-14-2012, 05:24 AM
"Next time, you entertain, I'll get myself blown up." He chuckles.

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 05:32 AM
"simple snatch, no one important got hurt, and we stopped more murders....I'd say thats a good night. lets order chinese then call it a night."

Mytical
06-14-2012, 05:42 AM
He nods, and calls up the Chinese place and places an order. "You got lucky though, he could have been an armed guard. I doubt even you are bullet proof."

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 05:48 AM
"naw couldn't fit the bullet proof vest under this dress....makes me look fat, and he was armed....I just....gave him a shocking revelation about how to handle a lady that said pretty please put it down."

she opens the clasp on her clutch and pulls out the farnswork, the tesla gun, her cellphone, lip stick, and a pen then closes it.

"Crash course time....can you identify any of these items?"

Mytical
06-14-2012, 05:51 AM
"Not the first two, but I am guessing that that is just not a cellphone, lipstick, and a pen?"

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 06:09 AM
she chuckles, "no I promise those are normal, lady has to look her best, and its not a purse if it can't hold a pen anda phone."

she pulls her shoes out of the purse as well and just places them on the floor.

she hlds up the gun and starts explaining it, "As i said earlier, this is a long range stun gun developed by nikoa tesla back in the day. it CAN kill but only if you set it to high."

She offers it to him then picks up the farnworth, "THIS is a lovely little thing that predates cellphones, untracable, unhackable, and can get signal better then verizon."

Mytical
06-14-2012, 06:11 AM
He takes the gun and carefully examines it, making sure it is always pointed away from him and her. He hands it back. "Ah, ok..never know..might have been some high tech bond gadgets for all I knew."

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 06:18 AM
"naw the older stuff is more fun. Wait till you see the electric car!"

She pays for dinner when it arrives and tucks into it with a healthy appitite.

"so what era of history do you most enjoy?"

Mytical
06-14-2012, 06:22 AM
"Upper Paleolithic." He states. "Now if we are talking written history, and the like, well that is a bit different."

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 06:24 AM
"alright...written history, what is your favored area?"

Mytical
06-14-2012, 06:27 AM
He thinks. "Probably the 50's, especially American history."

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 06:32 AM
"why then out of curisioty?"

Mytical
06-14-2012, 06:34 AM
He chuckles. "Romanticizing the mob era I suspect." He shrugs. "Not sure really, just fascinating to me."

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 06:39 AM
"maybe your an old soul from that era?"

Mytical
06-14-2012, 06:42 AM
"Well I don't know about that, but I know that the era fascinates me. How about you? What is your favorite era and why?"

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 06:52 AM
"Ancient babloynia, site of our first warehouse, and I loved the area. More modern? I'd have to say the 1900s...turn of the century."

Mytical
06-14-2012, 06:59 AM
He nods "Well is it smart to hold on to that urn until tomorrow? If you are feeling like it, we probably should get it to the warehouse.."

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 12:44 PM
She reaches for her phone, and calls the airline. But after a rather heated discussion and Ted learning some new words he didn't know could be used to describe someone, she slams her phone shut.

"Sorry...give me a couple hours of sleep I could probably get us home tomorrow morning."

Mytical
06-14-2012, 04:53 PM
He nods. "Maybe I should watch the urn..or tell you what. You grab the bed here, I will grab the couch. Two people watching this thing is better then one."

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 06:13 PM
she shakes her head tiredly.

"as long as the urn stays inside the bag there till we get it back into the warehouse its effects have been neutralized."

Mytical
06-14-2012, 09:47 PM
"And nobody will be looking for it?" He asks. "That is what I am more worried about."

Sarlon
06-14-2012, 09:50 PM
"We have a departmental clean up crew for that if need be...they're scary as hell. The Regents handle them."

Mytical
06-14-2012, 09:55 PM
"Ok..if you say so. You are the senior agent, so if you say you will be ok..I trust you. You are tired though, so please go get some rest."

Sarlon
06-15-2012, 12:04 AM
As she walks out of his room, they hear a faint tinny buzzing noise. She answers the thing she called a farnsworth and speaks to someone he recognizes the voice of as artie.

"Hey it was the urn, its tagged and bagged. I'm exhausted and i can't get a flight out tonight so we're driving back. Should be there late tomorrow evening."

She closes the thing then turns back to Ted. "Early start, get some rest yourself, you can sleep in the car."

Mytical
06-15-2012, 01:06 AM
A bit uneasy, he does just that. After changing into something abit less formal.

Sarlon
06-15-2012, 01:23 AM
They make the trip back only stopping for gas, and arrive at nearly midnight the next evening.

She drops him off at Leena's before driving out to the warehouse, then crawling back into her warm bed where she sleeps for most of the next day.

When Ted wakes normally he finds Samara's door tightly shut with a rather blunt Do NOT disturb under penatly of death sign on her door.

Heading downstairs he sees the man he remembers being called Artie sitting in the sitting room reading over a file folder.

Mytical
06-15-2012, 01:42 AM
'Anything interesting in that file folder?" He asks, still trying to wake up.

Sarlon
06-15-2012, 02:12 AM
Artie looks up from his folder, "hm? oh just reading reports. You guys get in late?"

Mytical
06-15-2012, 02:14 AM
"Yeah, and I think it is my fault. I mentioned it not being safe with a artifact around, in case somebody came looking for it..and I guess she thought that meant I wanted it here now. What I wanted was to make sure it was secure..I'd rather have watched it so she could have been safe."

Sarlon
06-15-2012, 02:19 AM
"All artifacts are inherently dangerous. Some more so then others. Samara...she tends to get a little ahead of herself sometimes. Shes been doing it a long time...seen some crazy things."

He glances up the stairs as if expecting her to appear suddenly.

"when you've had breakfast would you like a more formal tour of the warehouse? Sorry that she seemed to drag you through there."

Mytical
06-15-2012, 03:33 AM
"Sure. Might be a good idea to get a good look at the place."

Sarlon
06-15-2012, 02:21 PM
After they eat, He drive them out to the warehouse.

He leads him through the office, and out through to the warehouse proper. the building itself goes on for miles back into the mountain making the outside seem tiny by comparision.

"Welcome to Warehouse 13."

He leads him down onto the floor proper and begins showing him around.

Mytical
06-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Being an archeologist, it is like taking a kid to a candy store and saying. "Have whatever you want, and as much of it as you want." He is stunned by the sheer volume of artifacts this place has. By their historical significance, for the first time .. he is speechless.

Sarlon
06-15-2012, 04:43 PM
As they are walking through one section, and explaining to check labels on artifacts before he touches them and how to do so. Suddenly in his hand he finds a copper kettle.

"oh...oh dear....don't think of anything..."

Mytical
06-15-2012, 04:54 PM
He freezes, trying to blank his mind. Not sure what is going on. ((Will let you decide if he is successful or not :p))

Sarlon
06-15-2012, 04:58 PM
he hears a squeak as a ferret pops its head out of the kettle.

"oh darn, that bloody thing. Well seems you have a friend."

Mytical
06-15-2012, 05:04 PM
"Oh nice!" He pets the ferret "So..what is this thing?"

Sarlon
06-15-2012, 05:08 PM
"Its a kettle that grants wishses...seems you thought of an impossible wish. Those produce ferrets."

He lets out a soft chuckle, "should of seen the warehouse first time new agents get found by that thing. we were over run with ferrets for a week."

Mytical
06-15-2012, 05:09 PM
"Wow..I take it the wishes hardly ever turn out good?" Thinks of what a force of good the thing could be if not.

Sarlon
06-15-2012, 05:13 PM
A second ferret pokes its head out of the kettle as artie takes it from him wear purple latex like gloves.

"yes...if you want the world overrun with ferrets."

He beckons him over to a large plastic container and opens it revealing a thick goo like substance, also purple. He removes the second ferret from the kettle, then dunks the kettle into the goo.

A large amount of sparks come out as the thing gets fully submerged.

"oh I recieved a call from Mrs Fredricks this morning while you two were sleeping, seems we are to expect someone else joining us sometime in the next few days."

Mytical
06-15-2012, 05:17 PM
He chuckles and nods. "Well thanks for the tour, probably should get started on the paperwork. Once I figure out how."

Sarlon
06-15-2012, 05:45 PM
"Samara already did the paperwork for the urn."

Artie picks up the silvery bag type thing he's seen Samara put the urn in.

"Care to see this to go to its new home?"

Mytical
06-15-2012, 05:48 PM
"Sure." He takes it to wherever it is supposed to go.

Sarlon
06-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Artie leads him to an area that is locked and sealed, a sign hanging on the wall says "audio and visual stimulation artifacts, observe all barrier lines."

"This is the Dark Vault, VERY dangerous artifacts in here. you'll see lines on the floor around the artifacts, observe them and you will be fine."

He punches in a code on a pad then opens the door. Inside the very air itself feels creepy, he sees paintings, stacked against the wall, a old style telephone, a VERY old cellphone, a type writer, a rose under glass, a old porcelin doll, a trumpet, and lots of other things.

Artie walks carefully around the room then stops at a shelf near another door, and rips open the bag. using purple gloves again he very carefully removes the urn and places it on the shelf punching in a few things on a pad and places it near the item.

Mytical
06-15-2012, 06:00 PM
He doesn't actually step into the dark vault, not wanting to chance touch anything again. "That's ok, will wait right here thanks."

Sarlon
06-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Artie chuckles and walks back out stripping off the gloves as he goes, firmly closing the door behind him with a hiss of pressurized air.

"Samara said you enjoyed the 1950s area of america? Then have I got something to show you."

He leads him through a winding maze of rows upon rows of artifacts stacking high to the ceiling on heavy duty shelves.

The stop beside a coonskin cap, "This...is The orginal coonskin cap from Davy Crockett...one of the first poodle skirts....watch out it might bite you. The Orginal formulafor silly putty, makes actual copies of things..."

He gestures to the long aisle, "You could have some fun in here."

Mytical
06-15-2012, 06:25 PM
"Oh yes I could. Wouldn't have any 57 Chevies would you?" He asks and chuckles.

Sarlon
06-15-2012, 06:29 PM
"just one...the orginal prototype...don't ask."

Mytical
06-15-2012, 06:31 PM
He nods. "What I wouldn't do to get behind the wheel of that. Chicago, 1950's..now that was a time."

Sarlon
06-15-2012, 11:03 PM
"No can't drive it, it drives you."

"Read the caution labels but look at anything you want here before you pick them up."

((have 2 people wanting to join but they are both sitting in my living room about to play D&D for the night))

Mytical
06-16-2012, 06:19 AM
((Sorry mind is a blank currently..so am late on replying))

He nods, and looks around a bit, but doesn't touch anything. He makes a mental note to get a cage and food for his ferret friends.

Sarlon
06-16-2012, 12:17 PM
*Josiah's house*

One friday afternoon as he comes trudging through the door after his shift at work, ready to sit down at his computer for the night for a long night of raging on the conspiracy theorys forum then longer on online games, he notices that there is an older dark skined woman standing in his living room.

Tyg3rW01f
06-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Josiah looked at the woman and mentally swore. She was blocking him from his desk, and the .45 he'd stashed in the top right drawer.
"Who are you? How'd you get in here? And which truth-suppressing government agency has decided they can kill me and get away with it in order to hide the truth and further subjugate We the People?"

Sarlon
06-16-2012, 07:53 PM
She just stares at him for a long moment, just starting to give him a real sense of unease before she speaks.

"Do I look like I am here to kill you?"

Her hands are neatly and primly folded in front of her, and her tastefully cut business suit leaves little doubt she is not carrying any weapons on her. She speaks in a pleasent voice that speaks to him as an equal, not talking down to him.

"I am here to offer you a real job. one working for the government, helping to make sense of the strange things that happen to go on in the world. You are expected to be at the airport in 4 hours for your flight. My agent will be there to pick you up."

Tyg3rW01f
06-16-2012, 11:28 PM
"This is about those two ***holes who stole that notebook from me and got shot in the arse, isn't it? Because if it is, I FOUND Gary Gygax's original notes FAIR'n'SQUARE!"
He stalked forward, obviously steamed. (He'd been chewed out by his boss --AGAIN-- and written up --AGAIN. That entitled him to be a bit steamed, right?) "And I don't know what a buncha Feebs want with the original notes of the greatest gaming genius in history, but they got FAR less than they deserved for stealing them!"

Sarlon
06-16-2012, 11:36 PM
She just continues standing there, just looking at him.

Tyg3rW01f
06-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Her calm demeanor took the steam out of his boiler. "Three hours and change? Fine. But I want to know what the job pays."

Sarlon
06-16-2012, 11:57 PM
"there is a folder with your ticket, and information."

As he glances towards his desk to see a plain manilla envelope sitting on his computer keyboard. As he glances back in that half second of missed eye contact she has vanished and is no where in the house.

Inside he sees a number under the paygrade that makes him recount the number of zeros a few times to make sure its correct.

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 01:49 AM
He was packed and on the plane that night.

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 01:52 AM
He is greeted at the airport by a woman holding another sign looking half asleep on her feet, the sign upside down, but at least spelled correctly.

She is dressed in sweat pants, a tanktop, and a light denim jacket over it. Her hair tousled like she was dragged out of bed though its barely 9pm.

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 01:55 AM
"hi... uhm... I'm Josiah Webley. You're my contact I take it?"

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 01:56 AM
She looks him up and down apprasingly.

"So your the new guy Mrs Fredricks found for us? huh...younger then I thought..."

She extends a hand while covering up a huge yawn.

"Samara at your service, resident noobie trainer. You got any bags?"

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 02:00 AM
"just what I've got in baggage claim and the pack. Who do I talk to about getting my computer shipped here?"

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 02:01 AM
"knowing her, its probably being shipped here already, and should arrive in less then a week. I read the profile on you....your one of those gamers aren't you?"

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 02:04 AM
Producing a d20 from his pocket, Josiah asked, "What was your first clue, Agent Samara?"

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 02:06 AM
"Just Samara, I'm to tired to handle formalities tonight. just finished a case in New Mexico, couldn';t get a return flight for 2 days so me and my partner drove home in 28 hours. but since I'm up I may as well eat...you hungry?"

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 02:18 AM
"Yes, actually. You guys haven't got a Pals out here, have you?"

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 02:30 AM
She blinks slowly at him, "A what? naw theres a little diner not far from here makes the best food you ever tasted. We've rented you a car short term, if you deciede to stay with the warehouse we'll find you something a little more permanant. If you don't mind me driving might be a bit faster then giving you directions."

she helps him with his luggage, suprisingly strong for so slight a woman, she standing barely 5' 3" and make 100 pounds soaking wet.

"Few rules...the warehouse is a job...you are mostly on call otherwise you can be left to your own devices. be prepared to need to leave with sometimes little more then a 5 minute notice. Your room and board is covered through Leena's, but please refrain from bragging to your buddies online that you work for us....anything they'll find, short of a direct hack, will show us as an IRS tax form storage warehouse."

Shes talking as she drives, asking him small talk questions (parents, family, interests, etc.) before pulling into a little hole in the wall diner, and getting out.

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 02:35 AM
Soon, Josiah is refusing to answer her questions, hoping against all odds that she'll just shut up. At the diner, however, he orders less than $10 of food and eats it in the car.
"Can we just get there, please?"

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 02:38 AM
She sighs and orders only 3 burgers, a large fry and a milkshake.

"Antisocial behavior is vaguely acceptable here. You will be asigned a partner one day and that person has to know that you have their back."

She gets into the car and drives in total silence the entire trip. 20 minutes later they are pulling up infront of the bed and breakfast, she stopping, getting out, grabbing his suitcase and carrying it inside.

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 02:42 AM
As he followed her inside, Josiah rolled his eyes, "Feds. You just want some peace and quiet after having been on a plane for ten hours with eight new mothers and their squawling brats who should have been smothered at birth, and they think you're anti-social."

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 02:46 AM
"not my fault Mrs Fredricks doesn't fly anyone first class anymore..."

She raises her voice slightly, "Ted, you here?"

"Your room is just up here, meals are kinda on your own. Bathrooms are shared and at the end of the hall and down stairs. Laundry is in the basement...Leena keeps a well stocked house here, but if you have any special needs or requirements just let her know."

Samara wanders off still drinking her milkshake looking for ted ((if hes around Mytical :P))

Mytical
06-17-2012, 02:52 AM
Ted is doing what any archeologist around would do if given access to the warehouse. He is studying up on the artifacts one by one. Reading everything he can get his hands on, making his own catalog as it were. Nothing fancy, just something that he can reference that makes sense only to him.

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 02:55 AM
"huh artie isn't around either...must be still out at the warehouse. now...I'm not your mother...you can do as you please but I would like to take you out to the warehouse tomorrow morning show you around. Few things in there you might actually like."

With that she heads up to her room closing the door firmly and finishes her burgers while reading.

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 02:56 AM
Josiah goes and looks at his room. Spartan, but perfect. He unpacked, looked around, then unpacked the components for the three pistols he'd smuggled in various objects. After the pistols were assembled and stowed beside the bed ad in the desk, he left the big 1911 with his clothes and the holster. Afterwards, he hooked up his computer and played Diablo 3 until about 1 am , then crawled into bed to wake at six am.

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 03:02 AM
He sees Samara in the dining area downstairs, the next morning. this time dressed a little more practically in jeans and a aerosmith tour tshirt, her long hair tied back in a pony tail.

"sleep well? Theres coffee I just brewed, bacon and some toast in the kitchen if your hungry."

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 03:06 AM
Josiah grabbed a cup of coffee, two slices of toast and eight slices of bacon. "Listen about the warehouse... Am I gonna need to get a permit to carry, or am I gonna be the only schmuck being told, 'No, you are not allowed to carry because we don't trust The People'?"

Mytical
06-17-2012, 03:06 AM
For his part, after getting the absolute minimum sleep he could get away with..Ted was right back at examining the artifacts. Forgetting to eat as well. Things like this fascinate him.

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 03:09 AM
She looks at him over the top of a folder she had been reading. "If you can clear the firearms training and test you'll be licensed to carry a gun anywhere in the United States, as long as you work for the warehouse. I can get that set up for you at anytime. But we typically don't carry firearms, we use a tesla gun."

Shes speaking to him as an equal, calmly explaining things rather then talking down to him as she sips her coffee.

"seems we missed ted this morning....though you might of heard him leave last night."

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 03:11 AM
"Oh, the guy with the ferret on his shoulder? Yeah. Bumped into his happy, pre-occupied arse when I went to the bathroom."

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 03:14 AM
"I think artie introduced him to the warehouse yesterday.....imagine if you will, I gave you a credit card, plunked you in front of a computer and said buy all the electronics and stuff you want, no cost to you so long as you don't blow anything up."

She sips her coffee again then flips a page on the folder she was reading before turning it to show him. First thing he sees is a picture of Gary Gygax in a very candid pose suggesting it was not a stock photo, its clipped to a report that the bare bones of it states that he might have released some items into the general public that have artifact qualites.

"think this might interest you?"

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 03:18 AM
"Well, considering that Gary Gygax, and I got this job because I found his Original Notes, then they got swiped... yeah. I would just love to get my hands on the two thugs who got away with them, and four rounds of .45 ammo in their butts."
Josiah sat. "So what's the big deal?"

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 03:19 AM
"what do you mean someone took his notes?"

She looks up alarmed, "did you see them directly?"

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 03:44 AM
"Yeah, I had possession of Gary Gygax's notebook for a little over a week. Then this guy and a woman show up one day, give me this government B.S. and swipe the book. I responded with four rounds of .45 ACP, hitting the guy at least, but they got away."
He describes Myka and Peter without having met them yet. "Why?"

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 03:45 AM
"oh...them...yeah..."

She leans back in her seat sighing and eats another piece of bacon.

"well no more screaming babies...less you suggest to artie anything reguarding upgrading the system."

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 03:48 AM
Josiah hangs his head, "Please tell me I'm not going to be trying to do my job on an Apple II..."

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 03:58 AM
"no, but I think we have the orginal prototype for the apple computer...just not in the office."

she finishes her coffee then clears her plate stacking it and the mug in the dishwasher.

"We have a few rules in the warehouse, they are for your own good. Stay out of the darkvault if at ALL possible, you can pick up and look at any artifact just read the warning labels FIRST."

--------------------------

*Ted in the warehouse*

Ted is having a practical orgasm with the artifacts, there are things here that date back to the time of Alexander the Great, including things like the orginal delorean, the orginal Model A from ford, a cruise liner, a blimp, books that were never published.

He hears Samara caling his name pretty close by and looks up to see her walking towards him. "Sorry I had to bail on you last night...had to pick up a new kid from the airport."

Mytical
06-17-2012, 04:02 AM
"No worries, I was..preoccupied anyhow with all this. You know..I could spend my entire life here..and never see the same thing twice." He laughs. "Wow..I am starved. Must have forgotten to eat."

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 04:04 AM
"Leena mentioned it..."

She hands him a cooler, inside finding breakfast and a few sandwiches as well as a few drinks.

"shes to good sometimes...she can't seem to find a cooler big enough for me yet..."

Mytical
06-17-2012, 04:10 AM
"I will have to find a way to thank her. By the way, was there a specific artifact I was brought in to examine? I can take a look at it if so."

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 04:11 AM
"just anything we bring in...if field work is not your style you can always work with artie on figuring out where artifacts are popping up."

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 04:13 AM
Josiah, on the other hand, was looking at Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Norman Hathcock's M14 rifle and just air-petting it. "Oh my god... it's the rifle of Lông Trắng du Kich. Wow."

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 04:14 AM
Samara walks over and shows him how to check for the dangers of it on the pad near by, "seems this one is ok...just don't point it at someone alive."

She beckons ted over, "Ted this is Josiah, our newest newbie. Josiah, this is Professor Ted."

Mytical
06-17-2012, 04:17 AM
"Just Ted. I think I might be far to busy here to be a professor anymore, depending on pay of course. As for field work, I've dealt with aboriginal tribes, would be thieves, and the jungles. I can do field work." he smiles.

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 04:18 AM
Josiah looks at Ted. "Yeah, we met last night. Bumped into each other at the john. I'm just a gamer geek who knows to run a factory and dig up stuff on conspiracies."

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 04:18 AM
"you'l be dealing with even scarier and far worse then those....you'll be dealing with americans!"

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 04:19 AM
"Great. More screaming brats."

Sarlon
06-17-2012, 04:20 AM
"Naw the kids are nicer....its the adults I can't stand"

((bedtime for me guys))

Tyg3rW01f
06-17-2012, 04:27 AM
Josiah looked at Samara and Ted, "Oh yeah, the hell is with that kettle over there?"
He pointed at the copper kettle, "I'm following Sam here and suddenly that thing is in my hand."

Sarlon
06-18-2012, 04:52 AM
Samara holds back a snicker as, soon after he realizes the kettle is in his hand a ferret pops its head out.

"thought we took care of that...and what ever you wished for...can't happen."

Mytical
06-18-2012, 05:45 AM
"That thing has a mind of its own, but at least it produced my friend here." points to his shoulder. "Which is good."

Sarlon
06-18-2012, 05:48 AM
((tyger is in bed for the night...work tomorrow))

"Leena said she'd get some things in town for your friend today, so it won't starve. I swear that kettle is like a reverse genie...I've YET to see it grant a wish...and trust me I tried..."

Mytical
06-18-2012, 05:52 AM
"In a way it did. I adore furry animals.* he chuckles. "Did you mention a case, or was that last nights dream?"

Sarlon
06-18-2012, 05:52 AM
"Some kid found some multi-sided dice somewhere, claims they belonged to Gary Gygax....now he thinks hes actually a knight or something. Scuttlebutt says that Gary used to be an agent, then developed that game based on artifacts he and his partner at the time found...changed slightly for legal reasons..."

Mytical
06-18-2012, 05:55 AM
"Fascinating. Where is it..and when do we leave?"

Sarlon
06-18-2012, 05:56 AM
"You sure I can drag you away from this place?"

Mytical
06-18-2012, 06:01 AM
He laughs. "I have my entire life to examine here. I may be obsessed..but I know I have to have a life also."

Sarlon
06-18-2012, 06:02 AM
"Are you a closet geek Ted?"

Mytical
06-18-2012, 06:04 AM
"Not anything closet about it, but my geeky nature is not for D&D. Cyberpunk and Science Fiction is more my style."

Sarlon
06-18-2012, 06:06 AM
"you might like over in the Alpha row....alot of 'futuristic' stuff over there."

Tyg3rW01f
06-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Josiah set the kettle down and looked at the ferret, "Ah, bloody hell. I moved outta my sister's place to get away from the furry critters! Arright, so I don't want it, now what do I do with it? Next, where's the polyhedron dice case located, and why hasn't anyone remembered to brief me on half of anything here? I mean, for the love of all that's holy, ya got a damn zepplin hanging from the ceiling!!!"

Sarlon
06-19-2012, 01:16 AM
"Mrs Fredricks didn't tell you anything? Basically Agents attached to the warehouse find weird things that are in the world...'Artifacts' if you will that are dangerous or just plain creepy, secure them and bring them back into warehouse to be contained safely. The dark vault.." she gestures vaguely over in one direction.

"...Is for the stuff that will kill you or drive you so bat shit crazy you wish you were dead. I've been an agent here for 10 years almost, and almost nothing suprises me anymore."

Tyg3rW01f
06-19-2012, 09:03 PM
"I see..." Josiah replied to all this vague rambling. "So... we find weird stuff and lock it up here. And we get paid to do this... Okay. I'm set. Polyhedron Dice Casefile. When's the briefing, who do I ask about my firearms license and whothef*** is in charge?"

Mytical
06-19-2012, 09:07 PM
"You hired me to try to figure out what the artifacts are and such..so I have to tag along. So, I am in."

Tyg3rW01f
06-19-2012, 09:36 PM
((hi, Mytical... and Yes, I'm going to edit this into a REAL post.))
Josiah looks at Sam, waiting for a response from her.
"Oh, if you're going to ask me about taking orders, my response is two-fold: I'm a damn factory worker, DUH! No choice in the matter, and to quote Wolverine, "I dunno; give me one." So, yeah. And dafuhhh do I do with the furry slinky?"

Mytical
06-19-2012, 09:44 PM
((hi hi))

"Sometimes one has to follow order, other times..one has to lead." He shrugs.

Tyg3rW01f
06-19-2012, 09:50 PM
"Right. And the blasted ferret?"

Mytical
06-19-2012, 10:07 PM
"A nice furry pet." He shrugs. "If you don't want yours, find a no kill shelter for it."

Tyg3rW01f
06-20-2012, 12:53 AM
"Oh, right! As if there's a humane society here in the middle of bumfrack America!"

Sarlon
06-20-2012, 06:51 AM
"I'll take him..." Samara reaches for the ferret and plucks him from his grasp.

She glances at the two men shaking her head just slightly. "The dice are in a town called Kennebunk Maine, I'm driving there this afternoon while you two will fly in and scope out the area, see what you can find."

Mytical
06-20-2012, 06:53 AM
"Ok by me. When and where does the plane leave?"

Tyg3rW01f
06-20-2012, 07:58 PM
"Kennebunk? Oh brother... Well, at least it's not Bucksnort or Bugtussle." Josiah threw up his right index figner, "Both of which Actually exist, by the way! I'd know, I've driven through them both! Twice!"
At the looks he was given, the 30 year old shrugged, "Hey, I'm a Civil War re-enactor. I was at the Army of Tennessee 150th Battle of Shiloh. I drove through Bucksnort going both ways; I wanted lunch, they had a Waffle House. As for Bugtussle, Alabama... Do NOT ask. Ever."
Turning a textbook perfect Hardee's Manual of Infantry About Face, Josiah started walking back toward the office, then paused. Looking over his shoulder, he called, "Well, Professor? You comin' or not? I'll go to Kennebunk, Maine, by myself if I gotta."

Mytical
06-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Ted shrugs. "Why not, though never got an answer to my question." he chuckles "You know we could be waiting for days at the wrong terminal..." again he shrugs and follows.

Tyg3rW01f
06-20-2012, 08:18 PM
"She can tell us on the go, or stand there, Professor. No skin off my skinny, white butt. Hell, I'll drive us there if I have to. Can ya drive a stick?"

Mytical
06-20-2012, 08:27 PM
"I've driven a Jeep being chased by Natives...or was that in a movie?" he laughs. "Yeah, I can drive. She said we are flying though. I am not versed in flying automobiles sorry. Anyhow, after you."

Tyg3rW01f
06-20-2012, 08:39 PM
"Yeah, yeah, Indiana Jones. Sa-ma-ra...!? You gonna tell us on the go, or do we just hunt up our tickets ourselves?!"

Sarlon
06-20-2012, 08:42 PM
"smart asses..." she mutters under her breath, then hurries after then.

"Your plane leaves tonight, same one you flew into, you two get to decide who drives. There is a rental car waiting on you at the airport, a rep from the rental company will meet you there. I'll be there in 2 days..."

As they enter the office Artie is not in sight, but Samara walks over to a table and picks up 2 cases and holds them out for either of them.

"Here are you Farnsworth and Tesla gun...." She flips open the first case, slightly larger then a paperback book. "Press this button and you'll connect to me or Artie if theres any problems."

She snaps that closed then opens the other case, about the same size. Inside is a ray gun looking weapon faintly glowing. "This is a Tesla gun, works like a normal gun with no bullets. Keep it charged."

"Any questions? Your tickets are in your rooms."

Mytical
06-20-2012, 08:45 PM
"No questions. Well maybe one..did you ensure a babysitter for junior there?" he grins. If he was an 'old man' then 'junior' it would be until somebody stopped thinking of him as an 'old man'. Two can play the age game.

Tyg3rW01f
06-21-2012, 01:28 AM
"Oy! I never called you "old". I merely called you Indiana Jones, seeing's how you've been everywhere after stuff."

Mytical
06-21-2012, 03:56 AM
Ted shakes his head and laughs. "I can tell this is going to be fun. I am just teasing, lets go." He heads out to the car without further ado, realizing that it may be the only way to get things going.

Tyg3rW01f
06-21-2012, 11:01 AM
((at work from 650a to 250p M-F))
Josiah followed quickly and hopped into the car. "Ted, I get the feeling this casefile's gonna be a bit more involved than just snatching a set of polyhedron dice."

At Leena's, Josiah repacked his gear from the Samsonite SIGnature Series into the AmeriCOLT Tourister. Both suitcases had been specially designed by a friend of his who happened to work at either company at one time or another to accomodate the concealment of either Josiah's SIG P220 or his Colt 1911. Both weapons, when disassembled, fit into places that would look, to X-ray scanners at a glance, to be either braces or other such frame-like structures. His shoulder harness holster fit both weapons and, not surprising, was concealed in plain sight as strapping.

His ticket in his pocket, his case in one hand and his dogged bomber jacket over his shoulder, Josiah walked out to the car. After putting bag and jacket in the trunk, he got in and programmed the GPS. "Okay, Ted. Drive."

Mytical
06-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Ted drives to their destination. Along the way, he listens to some old time rock and roll.

Tyg3rW01f
06-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Josiah rocks out with the likes of Van Halen, Def Leppard, Led Zepplin...
"Deep Purple's Burn! Oh hell yeah!"
...Cheap Trick, Bad Company, Bob Segar, Bon Jovi and a bit of the Scorpions.

"I grew up listening to these guys on LP. Then the boys left for Operation: Desert Storm and everything changed."

Sarlon
06-22-2012, 01:37 AM
Samarah smiles as they head out shaking her head just slightly. Back at Leena's she packs a few things herself, including both of her guns, her farnsworth, and own tesla gun, then heads out in her own car well packed for 2 days of traveling.

----------------------

**Ted and Josiah**

You catch your flight with no problem, and see a gentleman standing near the baggage claim holding a sign with their names on it. As they approach he offers a smile and says, "Gentlemen, if you'll follow me, I have some paperwork for you to sign then the car is all yours. There is some material left in the car as requested by your supervisor, and the car is paid for completely for your stay here."

Tyg3rW01f
06-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Josiah gawked. "Blank check? Are you-" Josiah looked at Ted. "Is this guy serious?"

Mytical
06-22-2012, 04:07 AM
"I would hardly think our employer would ask us to pay for the vehicle." Ted, as always is a bit cautious..reads everything, and once satisfied .. signs the documentation. He watches his surrounding cautiously also. He has to learn how to relax.

Sarlon
06-22-2012, 04:19 AM
The man hands over the keys, giving them a copy for their records and points out a few things about the car, including where the insurance papers and regestration papers are. After helping them load the bags he walks off to a waiting car and gets in, then drives off.

The car, while not a brand new model, is comfortable and low key, with GPS, blue tooth, cd player, and heated seats.

They find within the envelope they were informed of, a hotel reservation for 3 days, and a note to keep all reciepts for purchases to be reimbursed.

Mytical
06-22-2012, 04:33 AM
Once everything, and everybody, is ready Ted drives to the hotel. He wants to get set up in the room..and get some rest, before contacting headquarters and finding out where they should start.

Tyg3rW01f
06-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Once in the hotel room, Josiah unpacks his weapon from its obvious hiding spot and arms up.
"I'm going to go look for a Hardee's or Arby's or KFC. Y'want?"

Mytical
06-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Ted shakes his head. "Nah, I am going to catch some rest. Have a busy day tomorrow."

Sarlon
06-22-2012, 08:21 PM
((tyger and I have a game tonight so we won't post till much later))

Josiah finds a place fairly easily, and his inner geekdar goes off as a group of people sitting near by are talking about games they've played, and thier weird new DM.

Tyg3rW01f
06-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Josiah got his meal, then casually walked over.
Affecting his heaviest Tennessee twang, he introduced himself. "Name's Josiah, and I just moved to the area. I'm a D&D gamer looking for a game; maybe I may join yours?"

Sarlon
06-25-2012, 01:50 AM
All of them stop talking almost immediately and look at him strangely.

"we'd have to talk to our DM...maybe...we could call you?"

Tyg3rW01f
06-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Still using his accent, Josiah replied positively, asked for a pen and scribbled his cell number on a napkin. Thanking them for their time, he moseyed along, back toward the hotel.
Back at the room, he found Ted asleep and the Farnsworth in the carry-on.
"Ah crap, how's this blaydin' thing work, anyhow? Josiah to Samara, come in."
When nothing happened, Josiah stopped. Wait... she said something about a button, dips***... Looking at the device, he found the button and pushed it. "Samara? You there? Oh fer Pete's sake. Is this thing even operational?!"

silentwolf
06-26-2012, 03:36 AM
"hi everyone" she said quietly as she walks into her game. Sitting down at the table she pulls out her dice and readys herself. Smiling at the DM she is ready for the game.

Sarlon
06-26-2012, 03:45 AM
**Josiah**

There is a bit of a delay before Samara's face pops into the screen, "hey sorry had to pull over...whats up?"

---------------------------------------

**Tara**

The group greets her stating that Jack had not arrived yet.

"hes acting weirder then normal....and we met this new guy that just moved into town and wants to join the group...creepy."

------------------------------------------

**Ted**

SNORE!!!!!

Tyg3rW01f
06-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Josiah nearly dropped the Farnsworth. "Holy s***! uh... uhm... I think I found our guy. I overheard a few youth talking about their DM acting all wierd, so I approached them about joining their game. I claimed I had just moved to this area."
A peal of snoring drowned out Samara, so Josiah threw a pillow at Ted. "For God's sake Prof! Wake the hell up! You sound like an A-10 Warthog on burst-fire!"