PDA

View Full Version : Wherein Irv almost dies

Irving Patrick Freleigh
09-23-2012, 12:50 AM
At work today, I had a full shelving unit full of plastic Sterilite boxes and carts in the backroom just about completely collapse on me.

I pulled out something that had been squeezed in a tad too tight and there she went. That brought out probably the loudest "OH SHIT!" I ever have or ever will utter.

Then my co-workers and I had to spend about an hour trying to fix the damn thing before we decided we couldn't. The shelving unit is still there, but with nothing on it and a huge-ass sign warning people not to put anything on the shelves.

Monday I probably get to help rebuild the shelving unit, unless it turns out we need to order parts.

dalesys
09-23-2012, 01:01 AM
Any bets on the shelves being full and propped up with cardboard pulled out of the compactor on Monday?

Ferris?

I thought not.:angel:

CrazedClerkthe2nd
09-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Good lord. Safety hazard much?

DGoddessChardonnay
09-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Good lord. Safety hazard much?

I think it was a conspiracy to kill Irv and replace him with a clone.:eek:

Glad you're unharmed though, Irv. Physically that is, but the mental part of it you can't claim as a workplace injury.:p

Food Lady
11-09-2012, 02:24 AM
I'm glad you're ok! One of my coworkers had some boxes or bottle of laundry detergent fall on him. He's had several neck surgeries now.

Kitten in the box
11-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Ouch! My friend at work is out on disability because a whole bunch of product mashed his hand because the shelving unit was over packed. It just finally gave way all of a sudden and his hand was there and his hand got smooshed with HEAVY product. Don't know if it was broken (his hand) or not.