PDA

View Full Version : Need plushie squeeze switch

It's me
12-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Lots of you here are crafty... I am hoping one of you can point me in the right direction :)

The ear-switch in my daughter's Jingle dog plushie failed. Fixing it will be a right pain, as the copper contacts in it have pulled off of the circuit board, and there is not much left to work with. I'd *much* rather just use a new switch. So if any one can suggest a source for a new switch, I'd appreciate it. The switch is about the size of a dime, and gets sewn into the ear.

Thank you all! :)

AccountingDrone
12-26-2012, 01:38 AM
http://www.instructables.com/id/Pressure-Sensor-Matrix/

Seshat
12-26-2012, 02:32 AM
Or take it into an electronics-hobbyist shop, and show the people at the counter. Most of them are electronics-hobbyists themselves - like at fabric stores, the good ones try to hire people who actually use the stuff.

It's me
12-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks guys!

The fabric switch is rather neat!

thepurpleapple
12-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Is this Hallmark's Jingle? From last year? Because they'll let you exchange for the new version (2.0, with CD!) if you got one of the faulty ones.

wolfie
12-31-2012, 03:44 PM
A couple months ago, at Dollarama I saw LED flashlights that had a "demo" switch on the packaging. That's pretty much the same thing (squeeze to turn it on) that you're describing, and if it doesn't work out, it's cheap and you get a flashlight thrown in with the switch.

It's me
01-01-2013, 10:32 PM
As always you guys come through! :)

Yes, it is a Jingle. I wasn't thinking I could exchange it.... the trick with that may be dealing with my daughter being attached to HER Jingle.

Dollarama is a great idea... there must me all sorts of left-over-from-Christmas things with demo switches.

Thanks again!