PDA

View Full Version : Into the 'verse (DRPG IC Thread)


Kheldarson
05-03-2013, 02:00 AM
It's a cold Spring night here in Boston. Schools are starting to finish up, people are beginning to travel, and life just seems to be stirring in general.

And possibly stirring up trouble in the process.

There's been a story going around about how some high school seniors snuck into the old Cranston place on the outskirts of town and got spooked out sometime after midnight. The pieces of story that have been coming out from them and from others "in the know" tell of a drastic deadly haunting.

Not that it's a total surprise; stories have been coming out about the Cranston place for years. What's more surprising is that 1) the kids supposedly mentioned the walls walking around, which is new to the tales, and 2) the rumors just started adding in that there's no sign of where the kids broke in anymore. Yet nobody seems to have been out to board it back up.

It's now getting on towards midnight.

Jay 2K Winger
05-03-2013, 02:17 AM
Peter Salt

The evening had started down at the Five-Leaf Clover. Had it been baseball night-- specifically a night in which the Sox or the hated Yankees were playing-- then there probably wouldn't have been a power in this world or the next that could have forced Peter Salt to leave. Well, apart from some fuckin' loon trying to start trouble with him, but that hadn't happened in months.

But two drinks in, and waitstaffer Mary MacMillan-- sweet girl, really, didn't deserve to put up with a bunch of boozed-up hooligans like Peter and the other louts-- passed along the talk of some high-schoolers getting run out of the old Cranston place. Everyone in South Boston had heard the old stories about that place, and more than one group of teenagers had gone up there on a dare over the years.

Peter, still recalling that weird skin-wearing monster in the drugs lab and that ghoul in Thomas Park, had decided to go make sure nothing else was going on up there. He'd finished his drink, left a tip, and gone home to get his trusty baseball bat.

Sure, if there were such things as ghosts, it probably wouldn't help. But if it were anything physical, a good smack upside its skull should get its attention.

Thus, the big burly Boston brawler rolled up to the Cranston place, wearing his Boston Strong t-shirt under his leather jacket, jeans, sneakers, and leaning his bat against his shoulder.

Chanlin
05-03-2013, 02:58 AM
Emma Baker

Emma walked out of her last exam for the Spring semester relieved that everything was finally over. As she left the classroom building and started out toward Elias's place she heard the clear chime of a bell coming from her book bag. She let out a sigh, looked around to make sure no one was watching and fished out a small hand mirror. "Yeah boss"

Elias's clear deep baritone echoed as if coming from a tin can, "Remember all that reading you did about ghosts a few months back. It's time to go put it to the test and see if what you learned was accurate."

"Oh come on, I just got done with a really long exam. I'd like to actually get some food and maybe take a nice hot bath and relax."

Elias smiled, "You know the old Cranston place?"

Emma nodded, "Yeah, I know of it. What about it?"

"Rumor is some kids saw something woojie up there."

Emma snorted, "Boss, leave the slang to us young folk."

"What I'm allowed to say woojie."

"Is that the technical term now?" Emma chuckled.

"Yes." Elias replied with a superior air. "You did take your things with you today?"

"Yeah, I have em in my bag."

"Good, go check out the place and call me when you're done." His tone turned serious, "And Emma, if this turns out to be anything other than a ghost or simple haunting you run away and call me as soon as you can."

Emma nodded, "Right Boss." She started to put the mirror away when Elias cleared his throat. "Yeah?" She asked.

"Get some root beers on the way home, we're out again." Emma just rolled her eyes in response and put the mirror away.

About an hour or so later she found herself approaching the old Cranston place her bag slung over her shoulder, wearing blue jeans, black converse sneakers, a red and blacked striped sweater and a short brown leather coat.

KabeRinnaul
05-03-2013, 06:31 AM
Randall Williams

Randall had been wondering all day where, exactly, he would be spending the night tonight. He'd mostly been hanging around the campuses, but there wasn't any party to crash and find a quiet spot to "pass out" tonight, nor anyone particularly willing to let him crash at their places. And at least one campus security team was starting to take notice of him camping out on the lobby couches. The fact that he had only recently been dropped from his school and still looked the part of a college student definitely helped, but they were sure to wise up eventually, and he thought it best if he find somewhere off-campus tonight.

Fortunately, he'd at least have something to do for the night - looking into this supposed haunted house that seemed to have everyone spooked. It started with an offhand comment from Christina, and then he realized he was hearing about it everywhere. Well, if it was legit, he'd be busy tonight. If not, he'd have a place to stay at least.

'Heeeeeeeeey~ What'cha doin'?'

One day, he would understand how Reilly could sneak up on him like that. Despite the fact he could see and hear ghosts, and practically had a spooky-shit radar going for him, she was somehow always unexpected. Also, she always somehow managed to slide into view from above, like he was looking at a TV screen or comic book panel or something. The hell.

"The same thing I do every night, Rei. Trying to survive a night on the streets. That part is your fault, by the way."

'Geez, sorry for getting killed. You didn't have to help, you know.'

"Every day, I am painfully aware of that fact."

'Aw, cheer up. At least you have me for company.'

"Stop with the genki girl thing. Anyway, I've been hearing about this haunting on the edge of town. Going to check it out."

'That doesn't exactly answer where you're staying.'

"Of course it does. If the haunting is real, I investigate and once again subject myself to endless horror for reasons I can never adequately explain to myself. If it's not, I sleep there." He gave the spirit a glance. "So, is it haunted?"

'How'm I supposed to know? I just follow you around and hang out on campus. Or the men's showers after the soccer team is done with practice.'

"Please stop talking."

'Aw, come on! They combine all the best parts of skinny guys and the ones who work out!'

"Another thing I will never understand. How a ghost - by definition a being with no body with which to experience hormones - can have a libido."

'I'm not allowed to still find them aesthetically pleasing?'

And thus the conversation continued as Randall made his way towards the location of the claimed haunting. Well, conversation, debate, or argument, have your pick.

Mytical
05-03-2013, 06:38 AM
Jad's reason to go to the Cranston place had nothing to do with altruism or wanting to investigate the haunting. Since it is supposed to be haunted..would probably mean people avoided the place.

He could crash there without getting bothered, he figured, and if the police investigated..he'd just tell them he wanted to see if the rumors were true. Gosh, golly gee officer and all that.

Kheldarson
05-03-2013, 07:00 AM
The building in an old two-story farm house that smacks of Victorian era architecture: pointed roof, covered porch, lots of columns and frills. There are numerous windows, both upstairs and down, all boarded over with 2x4s and plywood. The door is similarly boarded with several condemnation notices as well as no trespassing signs to match those on the lower windows. The lower level boards are all covered in various tags, and it looks like a few enterprising souls have tried tagging the upper level as well.

An enterprising soul would notice that the porch boards are starting to rot through if they walked up and chains from what probably was an old porch swing still shake from the roof.

However, beyond the dog sounds that are coming from the neighbors, the place is quiet.

KabeRinnaul
05-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Randall Williams

Randall stopped in front of the old house and gave it a good look over before crouching down and starting to dig through his backpack, fishing out a pistol that was kept hidden wrapped up inside a change of clothes, and a flashlight.

"I've got to remember to add a crowbar to my pack someday, or maybe a claw hammer. At the very least a long, solid screwdriver."

He stood and pulled the backpack back on.

"So, feels like somethings definitely a bit off to me. How does it look to you?"

'Creepy. Like super creepy. I'm not goin' in there.'

"What? Don't tell me you're scared. You're a ghost already."

'Yeah, ghost, dead, not invincible. And I know bad stuff when I see it. Have fun with this one, I'm staying out.'

Chanlin
05-03-2013, 07:29 AM
Emma and Randall

As luck would have it Emma arrived just in time to hear, "You're a ghost already." Taking note of the pistol in Randall's hand she would give a warm smile and gesture to the pistol. "If they're a ghost already I don't think that is going to help you much."

KabeRinnaul
05-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Randall and Emma

"The gun isn't for her, she's just being a crybaby. The gun is for the times when I go to investigate a haunting and discover some meth-head squatting the place."

'Hey! Don't talk like I'm not here!'

"If she can't see you, I'm certainly not inflicting you upon her."

It was a bit odd for him to constantly reply to what seemed to be empty air, but as the location was consistent, maybe he actually was talking to something else.

Chanlin
05-03-2013, 07:40 AM
Emma and Randall

Emma looked at Randall then at the thin air he was talking to then back at Randall and then it clicked. "There's a ghost here right now isn't there..." she said as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

A pause... "I'm Emma by the way."

KabeRinnaul
05-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Randall and Emma

"Randall. I guess we got a bit too wrapped up in the conversation at the library to include that detail."

'And...'

He sighed and gestured to where the ghost presumably was. "And this is Reilly. She hassled me into avenging her death, and then decided to stick around and keep haunting me rather than moving on like a proper incorporeal nuisance."

'You know you love me.'

"Shut up, Rei."

Chanlin
05-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Emma and Randall and Peter

Emma looked at the spot of thin air... "Um... Nice to meet you." She said somewhat awkwardly. Then something else dawned on her and she felt a wave of relief. "Oh thank the stars you can already see ghosts. Now I won't have to..." cutting off mid-sentence she pointed off toward the house and a somewhat familiar looking figure with a baseball bat over his shoulder. "Looks like someone else beat us here."

(OOC: I figure we can wait and give J2 and Myt time to post now :) )

Jay 2K Winger
05-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Peter ...and Jad

When Peter showed up, he spotted a familiar face, a grin replacing the usual scowl on his own as he lifted his bat, calling out, "'Ey, Jad!" He strolled up to his favorite 'Jedi' and clapped him on the shoulder. "What brings you out to the Cranston place?" Jad would easily be able to tell that Peter had had a couple of drinks before coming out.

But they didn't get much chance to catch up apart from that when he heard someone else walking up. Peter turned to see that college chick, what's her name, Emmy? walking up with someone else. The grin at seeing Jad faded and Peter spat on the ground. "The fuck you doin' here, preppie?"

Chanlin
05-03-2013, 09:11 AM
All

Emma did her best not to scowl. "I sure as hell don't plan to set the place on fire." She said the barest hint of exasperation in her tone.

Jay 2K Winger
05-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Peter - with Jad, Emma, and Randall (Okay, and Rei too.)

Peter's lip curled. "Neither do I, princess. Mary the barmaid down the Five-Leaf Clover, she said there was weird shit goin' on up here. More than the usual, she thought." He rolled his shoulders, baseball bat tapping against the side of his neck. "Last time there was weird shit around, it was some kinda ghoul-monster or somethin'."

He glanced at the house. "Place gives everyone the creeps. Kids probably just heard the house settling and freaked out."

Mytical
05-03-2013, 04:59 PM
All

Jad cursed under his breath at seeing everybody here. "Well, had no place else to get a decent nights sleep. Figured the tells of spirits would keep people away. Better then sleeping in the forest." He shrugs. "Guess getting some shut eye is gonna be outta the question. Listen, you all can play Ghostbusters if you want. Just don't rely on me." Under his breath "Never rely on me."

KabeRinnaul
05-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Everyone

While Randall wasn't yet aiming the gun at Peter, he was definitely ready to use it if anything happened.

"Good to see you again, too, Jan. Who's your friend?"

He glanced to the side, at nothing anyone else could see. Apparently Reilly had already decided to clear out once they approached the house.

"And there's something going on here. The house is scaring off other spirits, not just people."

Chanlin
05-03-2013, 06:26 PM
All

Emma doesn't speak right away. It takes her a moment to process everything, especially since that wasn't the response she was expecting. She pinches the bridge of her nose, "Well... seems we're all here for the same thing. Mostly." She fishes out a long thin piece of oak with what looks like a ruby set in its tip. The stick is covered in arcane carvings and Latin phrasings. "If we've all heard the same rumor, chances are its not just a rumor."

Mytical
05-05-2013, 05:32 AM
"I'll stay in the back of the group. Just for..you know..throwing stuff around if needed. Though, not exactly sure what good I would be against a spook, specter, or such."

Truth was, he was hoping by being in the back, he could avoid doing anything till he could get the place cleared out and get some sleep.

Jay 2K Winger
05-06-2013, 12:04 AM
Peter: Buzzed

The big man shrugged at Emmy (or whatever her name was). "Rumors? There've been rumors about the old Cranston place for ages. Since I was a kid at least. Used to be a thing where kids'd dare one another to try to spend more than an hour inside. Always been a creepy-ass place."

He kept one eye on the dude with the gun, idly stretching the shoulder of the arm holding the bat. "I mostly just came up here to reassure Mary back at the Clover. It's probably just the usual old-abandoned-house rumors and shit. Place don't bug me. I ain't afraid of no ghost."

That statement was half-truth-- Peter was the kind of person who was sometimes too stubborn to be scared-- and half-booze-fueled-bravado.

Chanlin
05-06-2013, 01:45 AM
Emma glances around at the group. "Well assuming you lot aren't about to start hitting or shooting each other how's about we go in a take a look around just to make sure there really isn't anything here..." She trails off making it neither a question or direct statement. Without waiting for anyone else she walks up to the front porch/door, Elias had told her to check the place out. He hadn't specified that she had to do it with help.

KabeRinnaul
05-06-2013, 02:03 AM
"Cute. But if this is a haunting, remember that some spirits can affect the mortal world. Poltergeist activity is one example, and I've heard of worse."

He follows Emma towards the door, though keeps an eye on Peter as he goes.

Kheldarson
05-06-2013, 11:35 PM
The porch creaks with the added weight, but seems to be holding up, for now. From up close, one can see that the boards covering the door are plastered with old papers, probably more no trespassing and condemnation notices from years past. What's not covered in paper is covered in spray paint from the tags that have popped up over the years.

There's a sudden flood in light as a car passes by, illuminating the group in front of the house.

KabeRinnaul
05-06-2013, 11:45 PM
"We need to either get inside or get out of the front of the house." Randall starts towards the corner of the house. "It will probably be easier and faster to find another way in instead of trying to pry the door open."

Chanlin
05-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Emma will put a hand up against the door for a brief moment and extend her mystic sense (lore skill) to see what she can feel. (Rolled a 3 on Lore)

Then she rummages around her pack and pulls out two pieces of children's sidewalk chalk (green and blue) and breaks them in half passing out one half to each person there and keeping one for herself.

"Before we go in, Woojie woojie 101. Most things can't get at you if you draw a circle around yourself and stay inside it." She looks at Peter and the other guy Peter seems to know, "You two should be able to close a circle just by thinking about it. Draw the circle, draw a small bit of power like you're going to work your mojo and instead of making fire," then looking at the other guy (Jad), "or whatever it is you do, you will that power into the circle. Randall since you can't use magic you'll need to use a drop of blood on the circle to close it." She pauses to let this all sink in.

"You might be thinking now, what the hell is a closed circle? Circles are the basic construct of most supernatural woojie woojie crap. Most supernatural things can't cross a closed circle and by extension their magic or other power also can't cross a closed circle. Think of it like putting up a brick wall against magic and other woojie things. It won't stop a bullet, or if something picks up a brick and throws it you'll want to get the hell out of the way. It will stop most supernatural things from being able to harm you or worse. The most important part is: Don't. Break. The circle. That means don't step outside of it, don't smudge it, don't let anything mundane pass into it. Once the circle is broken you need to make and close a new one for it to keep working."

She pauses again... "Right... so we need to find another way in..."

Jay 2K Winger
05-07-2013, 02:18 AM
Peter: Buzzed

When the car passes by, he shifts his baseball bat to hang by his side shielded from the road, straight down. One does not last long in the South Boston troubles without being savvy to that much, at least, even in his buzzed state. He squints at the door, then scratches at his temple.

"Pretty sure there's a door 'round the back. Should be clear back there," he offers.

When he's handed a piece of chalk, he stares at it, then listens to Emma's quick-and-dirty explanation of how closed circles work. But not without a scowl. "Jesus, you set one car on fire and they never let you fuckin' forget it." He jerks his head at the house, even taps the head of his bat against the boards of the outer wall. "This place is probably a fuckin' firetrap. I ain't start no fires in there unless I got a clear exit."

Aware this probably won't satisfy 'Preppie,' he adds, with a sneer, "I'll even give you guys a heads-up before I start doin' that shit."

Kheldarson
05-07-2013, 03:05 AM
Emma:

She doesn't feel much of anything currently, except a kind of freezing malevolence. Whatever's in there isn't happy. But it's rather low key.

Mytical
05-07-2013, 03:36 AM
Jad seemed a bit confused. "How are we supposed to investigate if we are not supposed to cross the circle? Wouldn't we cross it if we moved? I just don't get it. As for the lock..I can get into just about any lock..if it isn't a high tech one."

Chanlin
05-07-2013, 03:40 AM
Emma sighs, "Look I'm not expecting you to start a fire." She tries to force a grin, "I'm telling you this because it should keep you safe if things get really bad."

At the other guy's question she mentally checks herself to not face-palm, "The circle is to keep you safe if something woojie starts to happen. If you think things are about to get bad it's probably best to run. If for some reason you can't run, draw and close a circle."

Mytical
05-07-2013, 05:39 PM
"Ah..so let me have a look, see if I can get us in". Jad is going to examine the door first (to see if he can get through it), then the windows.

Jay 2K Winger
05-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Peter: Buzzed

Peter steps back to let Jad do his thing to try to find a way in. "Just let me know if you need me to kick the door in or something." As he waits, he starts humming the tune to "Tessie (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4tTQVjHUI)" to himself.

Kheldarson
05-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Jad:

The door itself probably wouldn't take much to open; the only real block are the boards across it. Same goes for the windows.

Mytical
05-08-2013, 02:50 AM
Since they are running out of time, and there is too much chance of being seen from the road, as much as Jad hates it..he knows they need to get in. So he 'pushes' the boards with his mind at the same time he 'pushes' the boards physically.

Chanlin
05-08-2013, 04:06 AM
When Emma feels Jad start working his power she will expend a charge on her Silver ring "Abscondo" she says. Though the phrase isn't really needed for the spell, Elias had told her it was good to get into the habit for the day when she can actually work spells without the aid of enchantments.

To the group the outside world would suddenly appear as though they are looking through a clear glass jar.

(OOC: 5' radius immobile Veil centered on Emma hiding the group from view. 1 of 3 charges used)

Kheldarson
05-09-2013, 12:39 AM
The door gives way, but only one of the boards covering the door does too. Another board at least will have to be removed to actually allow anybody in.

Jay 2K Winger
05-09-2013, 12:41 AM
Peter: Buzzed

"Christ's sake, we'll be here all night," the big man mutters. He reverses the bat and wedges the narrow end and the butt between the door and the next board, applying a little weight and leverage to try to pry the next board loose.

Kheldarson
05-09-2013, 02:39 AM
((Should technically make you roll too but...))

The next couple of boards break away, giving enough space for people to carefully step through.

Chanlin
05-09-2013, 05:40 AM
Emma tries to look past everyone on hearing the door and boards break, "Nice. Let's get inside. Be careful though, something about this place feels wrong." After a brief pause, "And I don't mean because of its reputation."

Jay 2K Winger
05-09-2013, 05:51 AM
Peter: Buzzed

Peter shrugs as he pulls his bat back, pulling the boards out of the way once they break loose. "Lots of abandoned places have that vibe to them," he says. He peers inside. "...should've brought a flashlight."

KabeRinnaul
05-10-2013, 04:32 AM
Randall steps up and shines his flashlight in past them. "And what would compel you to go investigate an abandoned house, at night, without one?"

Chanlin
05-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Emma looks around at all three of them, "I guess none of you have seen what tends to happen to technology around magic."

Jay 2K Winger
05-10-2013, 04:40 AM
Peter: Buzzed

The big man scowled at the guy in the hoodie. "I came here straight from the Five-Leaf Clover. Didn't have a chance to go home and get one, smartass."

Then he peers at Preppie. "...what?"

KabeRinnaul
05-10-2013, 05:33 AM
He shrugs at Emma. "I have backups. Flares, snap lights, a few homemade firestarters, and a couple lighters."

And then turns to Peter. "And the fact that you didn't bother to prepare for this at all mainly serves to illustrate my point."

Mytical
05-10-2013, 05:41 AM
Jad shrugs "Some of us didn't come to investigate. Just to catch some Z's where the man wouldn't be telling them to shove off."

Chanlin
05-10-2013, 06:28 AM
"Magic and tech tend not to get along. The more complex the technology the more prone it is to fritz in the presence of magic. I've given up on owning phone after wrecking four of them."

When Jad mentions sleeping she gives a visible shudder, "I wouldn't want to sleep here. Especially if there is something more than just the creepy old house vibe going on here."

Jay 2K Winger
05-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Peter: Buzzed

Randall got a scowl from Peter at the criticism. "'Scuse the fuck outta me for my blood bein' up and wantin' to get this done fast."

The big man just shrugged at Emma's warnings. "I guess I've been lucky so far," he comments, on technology not working right around people who do magic. But he does give Jad a look at his reasons for being at the Cranston place. "Dude, why didn't you tell me you needed a place to crash? I could've put you up for a while till you find your feet." After all, in his mind, they had more in common with each other than they did with Preppie or Hoodie here.

Mytical
05-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Jad shrugged "Got use to crashing wherever I could. An alley, an abandon building, wherever. I always do alright."

Kheldarson
05-15-2013, 12:36 AM
Now that the inside is more visible...it's easy to see why this place was condemned. There are large holes through out the room, and junk clutters the corners. Towards the back of the main room is the stairs to the next floor. It also appears that whatever attempts over the years to cover the walls has failed, the paint appearing chipped and wallpaper hanging loose in strips on the wood. There are a few lighting fixtures around, but most have been torn from the wall or have broken bulbs rusted inside, even if the electricity worked.

There's another room to the left of this one and another open door to the back. Next to that one is a closed door.

KabeRinnaul
05-15-2013, 04:09 AM
"Of course. I can't imagine a better reason for doing anything."

If no one else is particularly interested, Randall is willing to be the first to step inside and get a feel for the place.

Jay 2K Winger
05-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Peter: Buzzed

The big man ventures inside after Hoodie (Randall) and looks around at the decrepit state of the interior. He glances back over his shoulder at Jad. "And you wanna crash here?"

He shrugs and peers into the gloom inside, "All right, let's go find whatever spook is livin' in here and evict it."

Mytical
05-15-2013, 06:36 PM
"It's dry and keeps out any weather. Good enough for me." Jad shrugs. He doesn't understand why people are being so cautious. Probably just some animal got loose in here, people heard it and thought 'Ghost', so he is investigating everything without regard to who is where.

Chanlin
05-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Emma steps just inside the door taking a quick look around at the inside. "I suppose when you need somewhere to stay this works as well as any other." She says.

"Randall, if there really is a ghost in this place why would it stick around here?" She scrunches up her brow seemingly lost in thought. "I don't get what would be holding it here..." she says to no one.

Jay 2K Winger
05-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Peter: Buzzed

"Fuck if I know why a ghost would hang around this dump," Peter mutters as he follows some of the others with flashlights. "Unless maybe they're related to the Cranston family or something."

KabeRinnaul
05-21-2013, 01:47 AM
Randall starts walking around the room, avoiding the obviously weak spots in the floor and looking at the junk lying around, and any furniture that may be left behind.

"Likely it meant something to them in life. Ghosts like familiarity."

Chanlin
05-26-2013, 08:43 PM
"So... if we do run into an angry ghost... what do we do about it?" Emma tries not to sound sheepish. "I mean, I know we might be able to get it to move on... but will we be able to more than just annoy it with all the tricks we have at our disposal?"

Jay 2K Winger
05-29-2013, 12:09 AM
Peter: Buzzed

"Fire." Peter grins a bit. It's not a pleasant grin. "Fire's scary. Scare the shit outta whatever spook's hauntin' the place."

It's probably the best kind of suggestion you're gonna get out of a boozed-up pyrokinetic street tough.

KabeRinnaul
05-29-2013, 10:53 PM
"Sadly, he's right. Fire is a good way to deal with spirits. Also likely to get us all killed if we start one in here. There are also familiar objects, like I said. For example, if a ghost was created from a murder victim, then the murder weapon may still be a powerful tool against them. And then I'm sure there are magic methods that I don't know about beyond making circles."

Chanlin
05-30-2013, 01:23 AM
Emma sighs, "Alright so burn it or hope we find whatever is holding it here." She looks at the three men with her. "I don't suppose you see any ghosts or anything Randall?" Her voice sounds somewhat hopeful.

KabeRinnaul
05-30-2013, 05:23 AM
"No, nothing yet. The whole place definitely feels off, but there isn't anything specific."

Chanlin
05-30-2013, 07:42 AM
Emma sighs again, this time a little bit deeper. "I was afraid of that." She mutters to herself something about regretting what she is about to do.

She looks around, to everyone else it seems as if she is concentrating intently while staring around the room. She takes special care not to look at the three men.

(OOC: Emma is going to look around using The Sight and will probably regret every minute of it)

(OOC: Tossed up two rolls, Lore to understand what i'm seeing and Discipline for first defense Roll. The Sight is on page 223-224 in your story lots of rolls involved :p )

Kheldarson
06-14-2013, 02:20 AM
(OOC: Rolled a cumulative 0 for understanding difficulty, but the backlash beat your defense by 1. So you'll have to roll a defense again)

The walls seem to undulate and sway as if breathing, rivulets of blood rolling down the ancient boards. A thick miasma curls up from the floor boards, trying to wrap itself around you. There's a hint of a cry that comes with it, a soft scream like a child waking up.

As the Sight continues, the walls seem to warp more, reaching out for you, trying to pull you closer.

Chanlin
06-14-2013, 08:10 PM
(ooc: Not having good luck here rolled worse than before)

Emma is clearly struggling not to vomit.

Kheldarson
06-14-2013, 10:31 PM
(OOC: Eep. I'm gonna let you keep showing your reactions and let the others respond, but obviously you're going to be taking some stress points here or have to take some consequences. It's all mental stress, of course. By the way, next round I rolled a 4 against your 2 so...we're going to be nice, call it a one stress and a one stress and you'll get out after the second round so we can move on. Sound fair?)

Chanlin
06-15-2013, 01:02 AM
(ooc: Sounds good to me)

As the vision before her continue Emma would zone out for a moment.

(ooc: Insert reactionary measure from others here)

When she finally manages to come out of it she has one hell of a headache, lurches forward and puts out a hand to steady herself. As she is about to make contact with the wall she recoils back and windmills about landing on the nearest person and vomits.

(ooc: whoever wants to be the nearest can decide if Emma vomited on them or not)

KabeRinnaul
06-15-2013, 04:37 AM
Who else could be so blessed by the fates?

Randall tries to catch her, and mostly just catches her lunch on his pants and shoes.

He sighs. "It's okay, I needed to wash these anyway."

Jay 2K Winger
06-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Peter: Still Buzzed

The big man just turns around and stares at Emma as she first zones out... then freaks out. He blinks a bit, then turns to Jad. "Did she just have some kind of acid flashback or something?" He turns back to her, clearly having no idea what's happening to her, and doesn't exactly help by saying, "Seriously, you preppies and your pharm parties. This is why I burned down that drugs lab."

Mytical
06-24-2013, 02:14 AM
Jad, being Jad, really didn't care about what had happened. He was just glad he was not the one that got vomited on.

"Well, we've been here a bit, and broken in. I suspect that if there was something worried about intruders we'd have heard it by now."

KabeRinnaul
06-24-2013, 05:54 AM
Randall shakes his head while trying to help support Emma. "Some magical types can open themselves up to visions. I get it to an extent, but mine are uncontrolled and random. And betting what she just got was way stronger than most of what I see."

Mytical
06-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Jad suggests "Then maybe don't do that. I think if it is avoided, the only danger we are in is the danger of being bored."

Kheldarson
06-30-2013, 10:44 AM
As Emma recovers, it becomes apparent that the temperature seems to be dropping around you, as evidenced by the clouds coming with everyone's breaths.

((OOC: Roll against a mental attack of -1. I'm laughing at anyone who fails this...))

Mytical
07-02-2013, 03:20 AM
Jad sits up and notice this, he still thinks the ghosts are a prank, but even he knows that cold spots are a sign that a spirit is around.

"Ok, maybe I was a bit hasty here. Is it just me or did it just get frosty in here?"

Mytical
07-04-2013, 02:05 AM
Jad tries to find the coldest spot in the room, in hopes that maybe it will give some sort of clue as to why the spirit might be restless.

Jay 2K Winger
07-04-2013, 02:22 AM
Peter: Still Buzzed

The big man frowns as he sees his breath steaming the air. "...the fuck? Did a cold front blow in or something?" He glances around. "I'm half tempted to make a torch or something, to warm this place up..."

Mytical
07-04-2013, 02:40 AM
"As long as you keep the fire away from me. It's all good." Chuckles Jad.

KabeRinnaul
07-04-2013, 03:52 AM
"I never understand why people love to tempt fate like that. And I'm voting no on the fire in this place."

(rolled a +1)

Chanlin
07-06-2013, 05:58 PM
(ooc: rolled a 4 against mental)

Emma, while leaning against Randall, coughs several times trying to get the taste of puke out of her mouth. "Ugh..."

Then it gets cold... "This place is very wrong. Whatever is here it's just..." she pauses trying to get her mind wrapped around the right words while trying to banish what she just saw. "We are def definitely not alone and whatever we're dealing with is bad."

Jay 2K Winger
07-07-2013, 01:51 AM
Peter: Still Buzzed

"Nah, it thinks it's bad. But it ain't bad." Peter cricks his neck as he slaps his bat into his palm. "'Cos if it thinks it's bad, it ain't seen me yet."

Mytical
07-07-2013, 03:24 AM
Jad was not as confident. This was way beyond his scope. Only by pure reflex had he handled the first thing he had seen, and now they might be facing something he can't see? Oh heck no.

"Listen, its been fun and all, but um..chasing something we can't see probably is not for me. I um," he hesitates, although he had issues using his powers, and although this was definitely high on the weird stuff o'meter, he wasn't one to just abandon people either, he is clearly conflicted. "am not sure how much help I can be. I vote we get gone, yesterday."

KabeRinnaul
07-07-2013, 04:16 AM
Randall sighs at Peter's theatrics, and ignores him in favor of responding to Jad.

"I intend to stay regardless. I need to know what's in here."

Kheldarson
07-07-2013, 04:20 AM
As Jad moves around he notices that it seems to be getting colder towards the kitchen.

Mytical
07-07-2013, 05:08 AM
Despite his trepidation, Jad heads toward the Kitchen. "Guys, I think it is coming from this way..whatever IT is."

KabeRinnaul
07-08-2013, 05:07 AM
"Whatever is in here is probably in the entire house. Most likely it's just more focused in there."

Jay 2K Winger
07-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Peter: Still Buzzed

Peter just narrows his eyes. "Fuuuck, you mean that spook-show shit is real?" He doesn't sound scared so much as... annoyed. You can always trust a Southie to be too stubborn to be scared.

KabeRinnaul
07-09-2013, 05:34 AM
"I would have thought that between making fire with your mind and killing a zombie or whatever it was the two of you did together, you'd have gotten the impression that this shit was, in fact, real."

Jay 2K Winger
07-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Peter: Still Buzzed

Peter scowled. "Hey, freaky bat-monsters and ghouls are one thing. Ghosts are another." Arbitrary skepticism was alive and well.

Chanlin
07-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Emma finally regains her composure and looks toward the kitchen then back at the others.

"I agree we may be out of our league, but let's at least see what is around here. If it is a nasty ghost we need to do what we can to get it to move on."

Mytical
07-14-2013, 04:07 AM
Jad follows the coldness into the kitchen, trying to find whatever the source of the cold is.