PDA

View Full Version : Game idea : Shadow of Death (forum rpg)

Pages : [1] 2

Mytical
06-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Ok since my creativity is rather on the low side right now, this is going to take a long time to get this going but I wanted to put this down before I forgot about it.

Here is the gist of it. There is the Nexus, the point where several dimensions overlap. Normally nothing or nobody can cross through the nexus. It is just a giant void. However, a very unique event has transpired.

Death..has touched the Nexus. It has found a way to walk through the dimensions..and be given form, and it is hungry. It wants to consume everything. In response the .. entity that created the nexus has sent out and grabbed people from space and time which allows them to cross the void between dimensions. Their task is to find a way to do the impossible. To kill death..or at least the incarnation that touched the Nexus.

Characters can literally be anything. Aliens, from the past, from the present, from the future, super powered beings just about anything is possible. There will be limits of course, and all characters will have to be ran by me for the ok.. but expect to cross through just about every possible situation.

Fighting dragons, steampunk, post apocalyptic, traveling through space, encountering aliens, this is crossing dimensions so ANYTHING is possible. Your form might even change, your abilities might even change.. (limited to the current dimension you are in of course, when you leave that dimension you go back to your original form unless the dimension you cross would change you again).

You will encounter the IDP (inter dimensional police) and might even get a chance to join them, but you will not have to if you do not want.

So hold on to your hats it would be a bumpy ride.

Ghel
06-18-2013, 02:12 PM
This sounds like a fun concept. I've never played a forum game like this before (my previous RPG experience is mostly in D&D 3.5), so I have to ask: is there a particular set of rules that will be used, or will it be largely free form?

Mytical
06-18-2013, 05:47 PM
85% Freeform I'd say. As any type of setting, etc is possible I will encourage the players to make quite a few of their own decisions. IE if there is a fight, for the most part, players will be able to decide what happens (within reason) as long as it is interesting. Of course if they themselves can not think of anything, I will.

However, there are rules. While most fights (and this is not really a combat heavy rpg) will be freeform, there will be times where it won't be. I will make sure to post here when freeform is limited. (Like against the incarnation of death itself, whenever it is on the scene freeform will be limited).

As for player characters..they don't have to think inside the box. Giant jelly fish, AI ran robot, humanoid animals..feel free to let your imagination run wild. Heck they can be good versions of creatures normally considered evil

Like (but not limited too)
Drow
Black Dragons
Illithid (spelling)
Borg

Of course power wise I still have to approve, but I will list some that will be turned down flat.

True Immortality (ie No Captain Jack Harkness types)

Resurrection abilities (can be a healer, but once somebody or something is dead you can not bring them back)

Basically anything that would make them immune to death or allow them to make others immune to death.

Also some dimensions are reserved for specific things. Dimension 777 for instance. Dimension 999. Dimension 1 (our dimension). Other then that it is fair game. (Don't change another persons dimension though..ie if somebody describes a dimension and calls it dimension 505 then from then on 505 will ALWAYS be 'their' dimension (don't worry there are infinite numbers).

Ghel
06-18-2013, 07:10 PM
There's a character I've had floating around in my mind for some time now, looking for an RPG where xe would fit. The character would be a telekinetic - my view of what telekinesis should be, anyway. Should I post the character description here?

Mytical
06-18-2013, 07:47 PM
Sure. I will review it. Shouldn't be an issue unless it is The Phoenix level (Jean Grey) *laughs*. Here is a general idea of what to include.

Name:

Description:

Home Dimension: (What number is your home dimension, how does it differ from ours?)

Bio: Who is your character, his/her background, how famous in their own dimension, etc.

Powers:

Ghel
06-18-2013, 09:18 PM
All I know of Jean Grey comes from the first two X-Men movies. *hangs head in shame for losing geek cred*

The physical aspects of this character isn't as important to me as the powers, which I hope you agree are reasonable. I'm deliberately leaving some of the limits of the powers vague, since I don't expect the character would know what the absolute limits are, only that xe gets migraines if xe overextends xerself.

----------

Sapputiyok's people are humanoid with skin tones ranging from pale blue to dark purple. They are largely androgynous by human standards, with little outward differences to indicate whether they lean more towards male or female. They have 4 fingers (including thumb) and four toes, with no fingernails or toenails. They are hairless, with only small external ears and eyes rather like an octopus. Sapputiyok is a fairly average-looking member of xer species, about 6' tall, skinny, with dark blue skin.

Dimension #81: Sapputiyok comes from a world not terribly unlike the Earth, though the technology level is more along the lines of the ancient Greeks. It has a variety of climates, but the portion Sapputiyok comes from is hot and arid, with only sparse plant life and even fewer animals. Xer people have set up a bustling city on a major river through the desert, the only place that is habitable in the region. The society in this city is very heirarchical, with each person constantly aware of their social standing compared to each other. Sapputiyok works as a sort of bodyguard/lie dectector for a successful merchant.

Sapputiyok is one of a small number (about .001% of the population) of xer people who have the gift of telekinesis. The most prominent way this manifests is a sixth sense - the abilty to sense things at a distance. This sense varies from vision in several ways: the more "powerful" the thing is, the easier it is to sense. Intelligences and powerful "auras" "shine" the brightest, living things and mundane energies (such as electricity) "glow", and inanimate objects barely register. Sapputiyok can reach out with xer power to manipulate objects that xe senses, to move, twist, crush, stretch, or even warm or chill things. Xe can even make short-range "fields" around xer body to warm or chill the air or stop or slow objects moving through the space. The difficulty of these powers increases with the level of "power" something has. So it is much easier for Sapputiyok to manipulate small, inanimate objects than to manipulate larger, more complex, or intelligent things. Xe can even warm things enough to catch them on fire or chill them enough to freeze them, but that's very difficult to do. Such uses of xer powers can lead to physical distress, such as migraines or worse. The sense has a line of effect, of sorts. Sapputiyok might not be able to sense a dog hiding behind a person with innate magic, for example.

As a youngster, Sapputiyok trained with a mentor to hone xer telekinetic abilities. Xe learned how to close off xer mind to the sixth sense, in order to keep from being "blinded" by powerful "auras." Xe has rarely had to do so in xer home city.

The merchant finds Sapputiyok's powers useful as a bodyguard, should someone try to rob the merchant, or as a lie detector, to prevent people from cheating the merchant. Sapputiyok's senses include reading the emotional state through changes in body temperature and so forth, so sensing a lie is relatively easy. This reading would be more difficult, of course, with someone who is not one of xer people, due to differences in physiology and culture.

Sapputiyok has a kind of racism; xer estimation of a person's worth is based on their energy level - more powerful beings "glow" more brightly in xer sixth sense. Though the merchant is an important person in their society, the merchant's energy level is lower (due to not having telekinesis or any other powers), so Sapputiyok has contempt for the merchant, though xe conceals it in order to keep xer job.

Sapputiyok wears a simple but elegant outfit - thigh-length jacket with a mandarin collar over straight-leg pants, ballerina flats. This outfit practically a uniform, depicting xer station within society.

ETA: I almost forgot. Sapputiyok is able to hover briefly (less than a minute) by pushing away from the ground or buildings.

Mytical
06-18-2013, 11:05 PM
That is very acceptable. As the Phoenix Jean could do things like throw mountains around with her mind. I don't even mind people having that level of power (Jean Grey's power that is) as long as there are draw backs/penalties and such..and that the power could not be maintained forever.

TL;DR above..your character is approved as is :)

Ghel
06-19-2013, 11:25 AM
So I should have aimed a little higher, huh? :lol:

Mytical
06-21-2013, 05:39 AM
Does this sound odd for an 'activation' chant?

Let the storm howl and the death bell toll, transform me now into electra soul.
Lightning strike and thunder roll for I AM ELECTRA SOUL.

Ghel
06-21-2013, 02:54 PM
That sounds interesting. Electra Soul? Is that something for this game?

Mytical
06-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Yep. Though from the looks of it, might only be you participating (me as GM of course). Since time is relative in the multiverse anybody can hop in at any time though. Think I might just make the first post. It will include your character, and an attempt to recruit you to the IDP. Remember though, you do not have to join. You'd have access to funds, vehicles, and things you wouldn't have normally with the IDP, but this multiverse is wide open. Well I will make the main post of the game itself once I've got a few answers that is *chuckles*

Mytical
06-25-2013, 01:55 AM
There will be ongoing recruitment for this game. Anytime anybody wants to join, feel free.

This game is where to fit any character that seems not to fit in anywhere.

Making the first post now.

Mytical
06-25-2013, 02:34 AM
Name: Derrick Soul

Alternate forms name : Electra Soul

Description: Black hair, blue eyes, 6'3". Often wears hair in a pony tail. Never caught without his signature sunglasses. Dress is something like Blade (from the movies about Blade).

Alternate forms description : Wears full platemail from the neck down. The chest looks to be made of fire, the gauntlets of stone, and the feet water. He wears a cape that looks to be made of wind.

Home Dimension: 77. It is a medieval type setting, and magic has progressed instead of technology. Think typical fantasy setting with high levels of magic

Bio: Derrick soul was just your average adventurer until he found the stone gauntlets. The gauntlets led him to the other parts of the armor, and soon enough he learned that the set made him into living lightning .. sort of. The drawback is that he has to say that phrase to transform (though not to transform back) and in 'human' form he is just as vulnerable as any human. He can only remain as Electra Soul for a couple of hours at most.

Powers (Electra soul form ONLY): Complete immunity to the elements. Able to fire off electrical bolts. He is incredibly strong and agile (because of the gauntlets and boots). Able to call lightning down onto enemies, and 'ride' lightning (which means he can travel fast if he wants) and he can protect others so they can ride with him.

Weaknesses : As a human, he is normal (though the potential power shines through). Although he can transform inside, it takes time to transform. During that time he is still vulnerable.

Now as to why the people think nothing to weird about all this. I am using the Dr. Who/ Torchwood 'perception filter' rule here. Unless they can travel through dimensions themselves, they can only see what they think they SHOULD see. So the mammoth would look like a runaway cart or such.

Ghel
06-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Interesting start to the story. :)

A question: Does Sapputiyok sense anything more from the bone mammoth than just moving bone? (I don't think I mentioned it, but I imagine being able to sense once-living things, such as bone, a little more strongly than never-living things, such as stone.) If there's magic or some other power animating the mammoth, I would expect to be able to sense that.

Mytical
06-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Ah, sorry, yes it would have been once living. As for the power behind this..xe sort of did pick it up. It was the 'vacuum of power' before the creature appeared (Which was from the Avatar of Death). The avatar of death is sort of hard to explain .. more like Anti-Power. Which is why even some god like beings fear it..because their power is useless against it. It is also beyond the maximum of xer power...which is why there was no sense of anything after the vortex closed.

Mytical
06-26-2013, 04:42 PM
*laughs* I had a mental image of this fight. When it first started Electra was basically hanging on to one of the things ankles (because of the vast size difference). It made me chuckle for a bit.

Ghel
06-26-2013, 05:54 PM
That's a great image. :lol:

ETA: I assume that my character still senses a small amount of energy from him, enough to know that he's passed out and not dead. (That would be a quick end to the story. :lol:)

Mytical
06-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Actually for awhile, there was NO power level, as in he might be considered 'dead'. Which is why he collapsed. And no the IDP has more members then just Derrick, so the story wouldn't end there *laughs*

Yes I know the reinforcements would already have arrived, but they only have a general idea where he was. Right now, they are looking for him. I do need to edit the post though, because he would send the 'all clear' as soon as he was able. Which would send out his current coordinates. His friends will probably be there shortly.

Ghel
06-26-2013, 08:36 PM
I bet you're going to ask where I came up with these names. I wanted something that sounded alien but was based in a real Earth language. So I picked words out of an Inuit dictionary. Sapputiyok means "protects." Okradloriktok, the name of the merchant, means "talks a lot." :D

Mytical
06-26-2013, 08:46 PM
:lol: Now that is cool. Expect Derricks 'friends' soon.

Mytical
06-27-2013, 03:40 AM
Why your character would not pick up any power of any kind with Goldie. Goldie is what is known as a 'Gold Elf'. Imagine a race of elves carved from golden statues and given life. They are technically animated golden statues, and the force that animated them would be considered by some to be a 'god' (or godlike being). Anything they touch turns to gold, but unlike them, it is not animated. She can literally kill with a touch. Unfortunately, there is no way to turn this 'off', so she must avoid contact with anybody else.

She is a decent melee fighter, has a touch of magic, and of course..being made of gold means she is tough. This 'gold' is not the soft gold we are use to. It is magical gold, making it very sturdy. Those who know what Mithril is, this gold is the golden form of that metal.

Bulldog is well..a humanoid bulldog. Enhanced sense of smell, incredibly physically strong, and tough as nails. That is about it for him. He is a little 'gruff', but once he befriends you he is one of the most loyal friends one could have.

Oh and it is not that you don't sense anything about Goldie..its more that you sense too much. Your 'sight' is telling you that she is living, but never was living. That she has power, that she has none. She is inanimate, yet living..etc. Its as if something is confusing your sight.

Ghel
06-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Unless something's likely to happen where I need to roleplay it IC, I'll just leave out the bit about my character saying goodbye to family, making up some story about leaving on a boat with a new employer, picking up a few things, and hurrying back. The only part that I think might be relevant is the stuff I bring with: a bag with 2 changes of clothes, a beaded necklace (the only jewelry xe owns), some ceremonial body paint, and a small amount of xer favorite tea (enough for 2 pots of tea). I considered giving xer some more stuff, but it just wouldn't make sense.

Mytical
06-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Sounds good to me. Now expect a PM about what to expect in the 'Nexus' *Grins*

To put it in simple terms, the Nexus changes with each added person, and how they perceive it. It is a place of the mind. You need something, you think about it, and it is there. You want to be somewhere, you think it .. and there you are. Things like that.

Ghel
06-28-2013, 04:32 PM
My character is having to resist the urge to open up xer mind to the sixth sense. Xe wants to "look" at these creatures and see what xer sense would say about them.

I'm thinking that Sapputiyok would see this place as if it was one of the magical places described in xer people's myths and legends: a palace made of smooth stone, with decorations of precious metals and gems, with dappled sunlight shining down from filligree windowshades.

Mytical
06-28-2013, 04:40 PM
You know, 99.9% of the people I introduce won't ever been seen again, and even if so on a very limited basis (besides who the players pick as the ones to show them the ropes). Like Goldie and Bulldog..unless sought out by the characters, they will not be seen much. Even Derrick, if your character doesn't choose him for a partner (and yes you get a choice) will fade into the background.

Strongarm, however, is the head of the IDP, and all assignments will go through him. So let me introduce Strongarm..

Name : John Strongarm
Race :Human
Reality: 2517 (futuristic earth), to be precise earth as I imagine the year 2517 to be like :D.
Description : 6"1", Blond hair (greying), one red robotic eye, one grey eye. Left arm metal from the shoulder on down. Looks to once have been a very physically fit individual, but obvious age has gotten to him. Though he still looks younger then his years, his physique is not quite as cut as it once was.

Abilities : Sees in all the various normal spectrums (infrared, ultraviolet included), greatly enhanced strength, the ability to know any protocol for greeting and diplomatic endeavors upon meeting a race for the first time. Has technology built into his arm that would be common in the year he comes from (personal shield emitter, laser weapon capability, interface with most normal computers and security systems).

Weakness : He IS an old man, though he looks about maybe 60, he is easily 80 years old (still not as old as Derrick though, and Derrick is a baby compared to Goldie). His reflexes are not what they used to be, and only his mechanical arm has enhanced strength.

Mytical
06-29-2013, 02:59 AM
Whew, that was a heck of an update..this one is going to be pretty long also. Of course in a months time it would be hard to learn a whole lot about the choices, but at least with the Nexus adjusting itself you can see their relative power level.

None are on Electra's level (power wise), but there are some colorful individuals.

Name : Manx Rrrowlerca Nickname : Lucky
Description : Female feline much resembling a humanoid Siamese cat.
Powers ((Power level)) : Extreme agility, extreme flexibility, slightly enhanced strength. Claw projectiles, paranormal fighting ability (her attacks can land on even semisolid or quasisolid entities), Enhanced senses (nightvision, enhanced smell, enhanced hearing). Able to compact herself into spaces that seems impossible. Seems to be supernaturally 'Lucky'. ((Power level (on scale 1-10) : 3 ))
Background : Comes from a world where felines of medium to small size (on Earth that is) evolved. Most of our society hang ups, they don't have. She thinks nothing of going around unclothed for instance. ((Thankfully normal people will not see this :lol: ))

Name : ((Hmm need a good female oriental name here)). Nickname : Silk.
Description : Oriental humanoid, dark hair and eyes, always dressed in silk.
Powers : Ability to manipulate silk into just about anything. Weapons, bindings, stairs..and make it as strong and as flexible as she desires. ((Power level : Varies. From 2-5 depending on situation))
Background : Once arrested for being an interdimensional assassin, she now works for the IDP.

Name : Hxvexil Nickname : Hardcore.
Description : A sentient rock formation. Looks like he was carved from granite (and there is a good chance he might have been)
Powers : Massively strong, can mold shape to make armor for somebody. Can cause earthquakes, throw huge boulders, and similar earth powers. While he can not manipulate plants or animals, the very ground seems to work for him. ((Power Level : 6))

Name : Jaso Nickname : Upgrade.
Description : A guant humanoid with grey skin and wires coming out of his head. He can graft just about any technology to himself, so his appearance varies.
Powers : Can take control of just about any tecnology, including but not limited to grafting it on his body. ((Power level varies widely depending on technology of the surrounding area))

Goldie (of course)

Bulldog (of course)

Derrick (Of course)

Mytical
07-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Ok .. that I did not see coming! :lol: Now I get to give the bio, background (and she is old old..so could have a lot of background), and flesh out Goldie a bit more. :devil: this is going to be fun.

Name : Her real name sounds like a bird song, rustling of grass, and a chime..unpronounceable by the human tongue.

Nickname : Goldie (cause she is made of gold and wears gold colored clothing).

Background : Goldie is from Dimension 101011. A dimension where only elves exist. Her people were the first created by the gods, forged from enchanted gold from the cornerstone of creation. They are ageless, though not immortal (they can be killed), but her people have a disease which eventually kills them due to age. The only signs they are getting old enough to pass on (at all) is one day a single grey hair appears. The next a second, and on the third day, a third and final grey hair..they then die. Nothing can stop the progression, or keep them from passing once the first grey hair is seen. Goldie herself is 'young' for her people. Only a mere 10,000 years old. This has given her a lot of time to learn things, and she know quite a bit. It takes her a good deal of time to learn something, but she has nothing but time. Her people are carved looking the way they look out of the magical gold, and brought to life by their gods.

Powers : Her only powers are her touch can turn anything into inanimate gold..including once living beings. It is safe to touch her anywhere that she is covered, though touching her with gloves or such will not prevent the transformation. She also can cast spells, and her magical golden body resists a LOT of things, but her true strength is her knowledge.
She is a master in the art of combat (especially hand to hand and melee). She is a brilliant detective, and learned scholar.

Weakness : Her humanity. Yes I know that sounds weird, but she is almost TOO nice and forgiving. Won't hurt innocents, or cause them to be in harms way if she can prevent it. Also, though she is tough, she is not anywhere near indestructible. She is especially vulnerable to weapons of light (lasers, etc). Most normal melee weapons will just bounce off her skin.

Ghel
07-02-2013, 01:47 PM
I hope I don't annoy you with my endless questions. :o

The picture of the phoenix looks more like a flaming eagle. Is that right? Is the 30-foot length mentioned its uncompressed size, or is it still compressed?

Mytical
07-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Nah, ask as many questions as you like. The 30' (thankfully) is uncompressed. When it broke it's cage, it would uncompress automatically.

Ghel
07-03-2013, 11:52 AM
I wanted to ask for a fire extinguisher, but my character wouldn't know what one was. :)

Mytical
07-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Yeah *laughs* Though of course Xe will be catching up rather quickly. Xe has a good teacher.

Ghel
07-03-2013, 09:09 PM
What does Sapputiyok's sixth sense say about the phoenix, if anything? And does xe sense any other living beings nearby? I don't think that my character would be able to sense things as far away as on top of a mountain, unless it had REALLY strong power, but xe would keep a lookout with xer senses as they approach.

Mytical
07-03-2013, 09:25 PM
No living beings nearby. The senses would tell you (even as far away as you are) That it is living, and very powerful..in fact it might be the equivalent of life's passion. Yet there is a rage there, and ... something else. It's eyes. There is two small power vortex in its eyes..a very familiar vortex. You've seen a much bigger one once, when the bone beast entered your dimension. Something is making the beast angry, hurting it, causing it to lash out.

((TL;DR version Your senses tell you that it is basically living fire, with passion mixed with a hatred right now..but the hatred is being augmented by whatever power brought the bone beast to your dimension))

Oh and if there were any living thing in range..not living any more. The beast has pretty much roasted the surrounding area.

Ghel
07-09-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm assuming that Sapputiyok would have learned what "bio-enhanced" means during training. If not, xe would be asking about that, too.

Tyg3rW01f
07-13-2013, 11:12 PM
Name: Colt Walker

Description: Young-looking white man in his very early thirties or later twenties; He's rawboned, but tougher and stronger than he looks. His right eye is an amber cat's iris with a bone-white scar bisecting it from hairline to jawline. His left eye is the blue of frozen oxygen.
He wears a boonie hat and fatigue pants, both in old Viet Nam tigerstripe (http://www.freewebs.com/firebird_one/TS-VERSUSMOORE.jpg). His boots are scuffed, beaten and scarred, but serviceable. His shirt is an old OD green t-shirt, over which he wears a current-issue combat vest. An old bounty hunter's badge (http://www.wreckn-ball.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_full/bounty%20hunter.jpg) is pinned to the left breast of his vest. He also carries a bullpup rifle (http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/assault/as22/sa80-l85a2.jpg) and a 45 caliber pistol (http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t194/screwthepap3/CZ_97B_02.jpg).

Home Dimension: 317 In Dimension 317, the American "Wild West" was never truly "won" or tamed. Bounty Hunters are commonplace across the "West", and the political "enlightenment" of America in the 60s and 70s never occurred.

Bio: Colt Walker is known variously as "the Hound", "the Gun", "the Finder". He's no legend, he's not famous, he's just d*** good at his job. He gets the impossible cases as a joke and usually he gets the last laugh. He found Hoffa, in fact.

Powers: He finds people or things, PERIOD.

Mytical
07-14-2013, 03:35 AM
Sounds good to me :). I am going to be able to start doing updates again..so I will also do his introduction to the IDP. Remember he does not HAVE to join, but life is much easier for people who do join. Time for some updates.

Tyg3rW01f
07-15-2013, 04:41 AM
This (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/COJ-ben-large.jpg) type of Wild West... modern, but DEFINITELY Wild West.

Mytical
07-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Making the partner of the Wolf that is in the semi a Panther also. So there are two panther humanoids.

Ghel
07-15-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm afraid I'm having trouble following the action. Are Goldie and Sapputiyok, as well as the cheetah and the panther, still in the Wild West dimension? Can those who travel the dimensions see across the dimensional borders?

Mytical
07-15-2013, 06:36 PM
You and Goldie are still in the Wild West Dimension..and they can't see the border..but the machines the IDP use can. It doesn't matter if the creatures get into the other dimension..as long as the corn doesn't!

Tyg3rW01f
07-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Dimension 317 is MODERN, but it is most DEFINITELY Wild West FLAVORED. We're talking everything that is west of the Mississippi River, EXCEPT Minnesota! is very much STYLED after the old west.
Cities are MODERN, there is every modern convenience, but the flavor of the American nation takes a very definite tack once you cross the great river. Trust me, you will have to ask Colt about it at some point.

Mytical
07-16-2013, 04:44 AM
Undead Werewolf anybody? And no, shooting it in the brain won't stop it.

Name : Shima Nashita (Shem for short)
Race : Oriental female.
Dimension : 424242
Description : Oriental female with black hair and brown eyes. About 5'9, lean and tone.

Powers : Merge with Reaper (that is it)

Name : Reaper
Race : Vehicle/Mech
Dimension : 424242
Description : Black Transam with Skull on the hood.
Powers: Regeneration as long as Shem is alive (reg stops if Shem dies) from even a sliver of glass or metal. Able to form appendages as needed (skeletal hands) all over itself, ability to drive itself. Able to form into a mech like suit for Shem to wear. Has verious weapons also, but nothing futuristic (Gatling Guns, flamethrower (back only), missiles)

Ghel
07-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Am I right to assume that the semi trailer is full of corn?

Also, has Sapputiyok met Shem and Reaper before?

Mytical
07-16-2013, 05:27 PM
The bootend of the car, and the trailer are all full of corn. No, Sapputiyok has met neither Shem nor Reaper. (Remember the Nexus is HUGE..you can go years without running into somebody in it..especially if they try not to be seen).

Ghel
07-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Oh, shoot. I had something written up. Now I'll have to change it. :P

"back to the town"? I thought Goldie and Sapputiyok were just down the street from the others. The void/vortex must be very strong if Sapputiyok can sense it from that far away.

Ghel
07-16-2013, 06:15 PM
Wait a tick. Sapputiyok doesn't have fingernails or toenails. Perhaps xe spontaneously grew them for a second?

Mytical
07-16-2013, 06:21 PM
*nods* I will modify the post. Forgot for a moment ... sorry about that. (My mind is not what it should be)

Ghel
07-16-2013, 06:25 PM
No biggie. It's a minor point from the character description. I'm surprised I remembered it. :lol:

Tyg3rW01f
07-17-2013, 12:15 AM
Colt has just had his entire reality torn apart. EVERYBODY knows aliens, mechs, and werewolves are Sci-Fi...

Speak
softly
Move
carefully

Mytical
07-17-2013, 04:29 AM
Is it just me, or does that sling seem a bit..dangerous??? :lol:

Tyg3rW01f
07-17-2013, 12:02 PM
they use them constantly in the military...

Ghel
07-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Tyg3rW01f, I'm giggling a little that Colt clocked my character as male, even though I've deliberately avoided gendering my character. Mytical has even slipped with the pronouns at least once and called Sapputiyok "her." :lol:

Mytical
07-17-2013, 03:31 PM
I've thought of your character also more male then female (sorry about that). Any reference to 'she' was just a hastily typed 'xer' (her). Xe makes me think of he more then her. Though anything is possible with the crossed wiring in my head. :roll:

Ghel
07-17-2013, 04:43 PM
That's funny, because I identify Sapputiyok as more female than male, probably because of xer being my character.

IC, Sapputiyok doesn't really care about being clocked male, since xe doesn't have much concept of gender, anyway. Xe's more annoyed about being talked about in the third person than anything else.

Tyg3rW01f
07-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Well, Colt is thinking more in terms of a blue version of "the Greys"... the little alienmen that everyone says visited Roswell.
((What crashed there was a prototype of the SR71.))

Ghel
07-17-2013, 06:34 PM
"Greys" aren't a bad comparison, since Sapputiyok is androgynous and bald, but xe's also about 6' tall and xer eyes aren't the wide, angular-eyed look you normally see depicted on greys. They're more like an octopus - rectangular eyelids over solid black eyes.

ETA: I should see if I can throw a character portrait together.

Tyg3rW01f
07-18-2013, 03:21 AM
Yes, I *DID* just throw M*A*S*H* in this. mwah ha ha ha!! NEVER tell me something is relative.

Mytical
07-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Though why he would picture it like that would be another question. Anyhow, just waiting on Colt to choose his weapons :).

Tyg3rW01f
07-18-2013, 05:51 PM
because a ghost town would have been what you expected, and it seemed too stupid to have it look like MIB HQ.

May I also a mech like Shem's? ARE there any other trainers who deal in both mechas AND photon weapons?

Mytical
07-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Well you can have a Mech, but not like Shem's. It is a one of a kind. No other mechs are self repairing, artificially intelligent mechs that morph into cars.

As for others that deal with mechs and photon weapons. Yes. None quite like Shem/Reaper mind. Just as there are people who can track just about anything, and people who move things/etc with their minds..but none quite exactly like your characters :)

Tyg3rW01f
07-18-2013, 07:02 PM
he he he he

I is evil (http://www.jimbowley.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/DrEvilPinky.jpg).

Ghel
07-18-2013, 07:31 PM
I giggled at your last entry, Tyg3rW01f. I love how you describe Colt's enthusiasm.

For Sapputiyok's question, my first impulse was to have xer look for a library. But xe wouldn't do that. Xe can't read.

Tyg3rW01f
07-19-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm thinking the light armor would be Mass Effect armor chest and thighs (http://weareatomik.com/pictures/n7armormale.jpg?f49d37), with a combination of the extensible (http://www.thecomicbooknerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/suitcase-armor-480x250.jpg) emergency "oh $417!!" protection/capability of the Iron Man 2 suitcase armor (http://www.geekalerts.com/u/iron-man-mark-v-scale-figure.jpg) and the physical augmentation of the MJOLNIR Tactical Mk3 (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-uyEqmqQ9aRE/Tzx7qpVv69I/AAAAAAAADNI/jeU2nsPgq8g/s400/276px-HReach_Noble6_concept.png) suit.

I'll leave it up to you if he needs a visor or a helmet, or if it augments him in any way.

He'd not be as agile or mobile in the torso and upper leg armor as his usual armor vest, as his usual ballistic vest is a standard police-issue SWAT vest (http://www.tampagov.net/dept_Police/ABOUT_US/INVESTIGATIONS_AND_SUPPORT/SPECIAL_SUPPORT_DIVISION/SPECIALTY_TEAMS/HOSTAGE_NEGOTIATION_TEAM/_images/HNT_Tactical_Vest.JPG).

HEAVY armor would be either War Machine (http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/11200000/War-Machine-iron-man-11234828-1680-1050.jpg) or straight up Master Chief (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120311130116/halo/images/4/48/Jefe_Maestro_H3.jpg) armor, IMHO, or something closer to Iron Monger (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120621030945/villains/images/5/5a/Iron_Monger_Suit.jpg).

Mytical
07-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Sounds good to me. Heavy armor would be more War Machine then anything. Though the chest would be bigger, and there would be shoulder mounted rocket launchers.

Before you decide a note about steel. It takes about a second for it to switch forms. During that time you are vulnerable.

Ghel
07-19-2013, 07:28 PM
I hope I'm getting across that Sapputiyok is very subdued, or self-controlled. Xe's shaken by what xe saw in the core. But though xe's frightened by what this means, the outward appearance is of concern or worry.

I'm not sure what I would have Sapputiyok do if xe actually snapped, in anger or fear.

Tyg3rW01f
07-20-2013, 12:46 AM
is it bad that I keep seeing Strongarm as Robert Stack (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Stack) from Unsolved Mysteries?

Mytical
07-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Sapputiyok will have seen most if not all of the Dimensions that death has currently crossed to. She might not know which dimensions they are, but likely they will be close by each other. Goldie would be able to at least come close if given a description.

As for Strongarm he is more like This (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090819172843/streetfighter/images/6/64/Cyborg.jpg) with dark military style haircut.

Mytical
07-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Even Dawn is not perfect :p. Yes her calling Ghel's character her was meant..to show that there are things even they do not understand.

Tyg3rW01f
07-22-2013, 04:58 PM
I fudged, I know, but without much to go on, I went with what I figured would work. If Steel replaces clothing or if he's like regular over-your-clothing armor, I need to know, please.

Ghel
07-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Sapputiyok hesitates before responding, so Colt's entrance interrupts before xe can respond.

I'm trying to avoid using an omniscient voice in the IC thread, so I'll post Sapputiyok's thoughts in that moment of hesitation here: Xe has had xer mind closed off to the sixth sense since before entering the core. Xe considered opening that sense to see what Dawn is hiding under that cloak and hood. But then xe thought that whatever it is, Dawn is hiding it from the vision of everyone else in the Nexus, too. So it would be rude, and possibly even dangerous, for Sapputiyok to "see" Dawn with xer powers.

That curiosity will probably grow as Sapputiyok learns more.

Mytical
07-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Steel would cover from the neck down except when not in normal form. All the other forms cover from head to toe. However, in normal mode you can chose to make it appear as normal clothing (or parts of it if you wish)

As for the hesitation for your character Ghel, I can understand it, but won't suggest either course of action. :)

Ghel
07-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Sure, sure. :)

I'm going to wait to post anything more IC until Strongarm and/or Dawn catch Colt up on the situation.

Mytical
07-23-2013, 05:08 AM
Yes Strongarm thinks of Dawn like a daughter, though the two are obviously not related. He is very protective of her. Dawn seems to think of Strongarm as a father figure also. ((Even if she could squash him like a bug :lol: ))

Ghel
07-23-2013, 11:41 PM
If Strongarm doesn't respond to Sapputiyok's comment, then xe's just going to follow Colt through the portal.

Mytical
07-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Your characters would have a very strong compulsion to do whatever Utopians told you to, or asked you to do.

If it is against your morals, you could resist and not do it, but it would be difficult. If it was something that you would not normally be against, you would find yourself doing it. So if one of them told you to jump from a high point you would have a chance to say no, but if one told you to say stand in a certain spot you wouldn't UNLESS your life became endangered by doing so.

Ghel
07-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Iiiinteresting.... :D

What do you mean that the body's laying at a strange angle?

And what kind of wings? (Not that it's important, just curious.) Reminds me of the Vorlons from Babylon 5.

Mytical
07-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Hard to describe (for me) but the angle is one that MOST humanoid bodies would not be able to do naturally.

As for the wings would be kind of like This (http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30900000/angels-angels-30965603-1440-900.jpg)

Ghel
07-24-2013, 05:29 PM
One more question (hopefully only one lol): How many of the natives are around? Is it just Dawn and the, erm, still-breathing corpse?

Mytical
07-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Since they've never experienced a death, you have quite a crowd around. They are a respectful distance from you, and cloaked/hooded, but they are there.

Mytical
07-25-2013, 04:43 AM
Keep in mind that Colt has no warning of what is going on. The perception filter they have is interfering with this investigation. Steel doesn't provide any special vision..though chances are the 'worm' would just bounce off of it.

Ghel
07-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Thundercats reference! Wooo!

So I'm not overwhelmed by the auras of the living natives in the area? I half expected to be.

You said the body looks like it fell from a great height. I assume that means I'm seeing broken bones, ruptured organs, etc. Are there any tall buildings nearby that he could have fallen from? (Yeah, I know. Wings. But still...)

Mytical
07-25-2013, 05:48 PM
I am getting to what else you would see :). Right off the bat you would have been focusing on the body, or so I assume. After the fun dies down, your sight will show more. :)

As for the body, yes there are buildings which could have been where it fell from (and yes, you are seeing ruptured organs and the like).

Ghel
07-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Tyg3rW01f, the only reason I didn't give Colt a warning was because you posted faster than I did. :p

ETA:
Mytical, do I sense any others of these chaos worms nearby? Perhaps within the natives nearby? Or perhaps I wouldn't be able to tell because their auras are very strong while the chaos worm's aura is very weak. The former would drown out the latter.

Mytical
07-25-2013, 07:18 PM
Give me a moment to make a better post..I am trying to figure out something.

Ok, trying to figure out with the 'softness' of their power light if the more harsh Worm would show. I figure it would, but that there would be none nearby, so xe would not know if the power would hide it or not..so it would be unclear if the worm can be seen within the Utopians.

Mytical
07-25-2013, 07:29 PM
A little better, but trying to figure out how to give more info when my mind is doing the Oooo shiny! bit. :roll:

Ghel
07-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Sappuityok is also looking at the corpse to see if xe can determine whether he died before he struck the ground. For example, looking for injuries that don't align with either the impact with the ground or the worm bursting from his chest.

Mytical
07-25-2013, 07:40 PM
With the body such a mess, it is difficult to do so, but yes..there is a wound in the back of the head that does not fit. You can't really tell what hit him there, but it doesn't look like a 'man made' (or in this case Utopian made) weapon.. nor claws and teeth.. similar to a vulture beak perhaps, though bigger.

Ghel
07-25-2013, 07:48 PM
Am I right to assume that Sapputiyok can't see this wound (like the other wounds), that xe can only sense it with xer sixth sense?

Mytical
07-25-2013, 07:51 PM
That is correct. It is only with your special sense you can see any wounds at all. The perception filter would show them still perfect, so Colt can not see anything but a perfectly healthy being that happens to be dead. Even after the worm burst forth, there is no wound that your normal sight can see..but there is with the special sense.

Tyg3rW01f
07-26-2013, 01:46 PM
PLEASE hand-wavium an EXTREMELY AMATEUR and butcherous autopsy that would make American Civil War surgeons cringe, Mytical? And trust me, while I doubt they'd find even 10% of what Ducky (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110911155058/ncis/fr/images/f/f3/Ducky_Mallard.jpg) from NCIS or Dr. Albert "Al" Robbins, M.D. (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100126191851/csi/es/images/8/8a/Al_Robbins.jpg) from C.S.I. would find, but maybe they'd find enough to confirm a fall from a great height, the presence of the worm (and any damage it did) and confirm a Dahhawk attack?

Ghel, your char would be doing most of the examination and note-taking, even though Colt is doing all the cutting and "dirty" work, as I doubt he'd see anything but a perfect body... which is why he's NOT taking a hand off the body

Ghel
07-26-2013, 02:14 PM
I get that, Tyg3rW01f. It's just... I already had something typed up to explain the touching bit. I've expanded that, but I was going to wait to post until Mytical could post Dawn's reactions and answers. I'll go ahead and post it, then we can return to the story already in progress. :)

ETA: Ok, I updated my last post. That should explain a lot.

Mytical
07-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Oh boy, how to demonstrate the glove is going to be fun. I will have to wrack my brain on that one. How do you demonstrate that you can stop time for people other then yourself? :p

Ghel
07-26-2013, 07:57 PM
That sounds interesting. I can't wait to see it. :D

Mytical
07-28-2013, 04:14 AM
Tyg3r that was my bad about the Chaos worm. Mind did a Ooo shiny squirrel bit. I will fix that in my post. The damage would be there, but would have nothing to do with the death. Also if the worm had been in the body before it hit the ground, there would have been no way for the worm to have survived... it had to be put there AFTER the body was on the ground.

Tyg3rW01f
07-28-2013, 05:37 PM
okay, but Colt's trained to trace even the absolutely craziest, stupidest possibilities.

Mytical
07-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Yep, that is why you are 99.999% positive that it is a loved one. Despite the fact that Utopians would not normally harm each other, especially not a loved one.

Tyg3rW01f
07-28-2013, 11:11 PM
you don't read police mysteries do you? It's ALWAYS the spouse.
Watch "The Finder"...

Mytical
08-02-2013, 05:12 AM
I'll have an update ready soon, been feeling a bit under the weather.

Ghel
08-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Take your time. Hope you feel better quick.

Mytical
08-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Before you ask, no whatever power your sight is picking up was not there before. :D

Mytical
08-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Ok, some rules for this engagement. You won't make it if you try to leave, the place will be locked down. You won't directly be able to destroy it (Steel can't either). For now, don't destroy it, but you can call in the Council if you wish.

Mytical
08-08-2013, 06:03 AM
The Utopian side quest was meant pretty much to introduce you as to where 'death' had come from that had crossed the dimensions, and why. Also, to weaken it so that while its other avatars are a contest, they are not way over powered.

Ghel
08-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Wow.

What did Sapputiyok's sixth sense show during that last post?

Mytical
08-08-2013, 05:06 PM
With that much power being thrown around? Xe would definitely have to shut it down. Even just Dawn in her 'angel' form would have blinded xer for a bit. Before that, however.. Death would be like a yawning abyss. Drawing everything into itself. It would have given xer a touch of vertigo to look at it. Xe would also sense another force, infinitely more powerful then death, before the 'glow' that stopped death's attacks. When the glow happens, however, the sight would have had to been shut down. To avoid being at least temporarily blinded, the sight would have had to have been shut down until Dawn 'ascended' and left.

Mytical
08-10-2013, 05:20 AM
Let me know when you both are ready to move on (once you figure out what you are going to tell the council, if anything). I will put up an update then :). Once you get back to the Nexus your characters will face a choice of A) Keeping your partners B) Going Solo or C) training a new cadet. Since you handled this situation solo, Strongarm wouldn't expect you to need training any more. And yes, he'd know what went down as his not quite daughter would inform him before moving on from this mortal multiverse.

Tyg3rW01f
08-10-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm ready, but if Colt trains anybody, the fit will hit the shan, as at that point, there will be TWO of him loose on the universe

Ghel
08-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Sapputiyok would want to continue hunting the avatars of death, with or without Colt.

Mytical
08-10-2013, 07:04 PM
*nods* They still have to figure out where those are though :D

Tyg3rW01f
08-10-2013, 07:26 PM
she'd hunt WITH Colt, I hope. TWO of him running around in the multi-verse would be CHAOS

Mytical
08-19-2013, 05:33 AM
Lol, I should make you pay for the cheap way out, but I will be nice. This time.

Tyg3rW01f
08-19-2013, 01:17 PM
hey, Colt is TRAINED for "snatch and grab"... BOUNTY HUNTER... He is NOT a hostage negotiator... he's a BOUNTY HUNTER... investigations, finding, BOUNTY HUNTER, snatch and grab, BOUNTY HUNTER, snatch and grab...

need I continue to repeat myself, or should I get the hammer?

Ghel
08-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Yes, and Sapputiyok has watched thousands of negotiations between xer former employer and xer customers. Quite a contrast, and it's quite fun to roleplay. (It's nothing personal against you, Tyg3rW01f. I actually like how you handled it.)

Ghel
08-19-2013, 02:41 PM
It's been hard for me to write Sapputiyok's speech, sometimes. I want her words to be simple, but I keep writing things like "I didn't perceive myself to be in immediate danger, but I can appreciate that your perception might be different." Stop with the $10 words, Ghel. :lol:

Mytical
08-19-2013, 05:41 PM
That was not exactly what I was talking about. She had been backed into a corner by the T-Rex...how exactly would you get behind her? Ie she would have her back to SOMETHING that was blocking her way, facing the T-Rex... :p I have no issue with the snatch and grab method lol

Ghel
08-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Oh. You didn't describe her being backed into a corner. I was playing this as if she was in an open area, or at least a relatively open forest or jungle.

Mytical
08-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Doh you are right my mind did a OOoo shiny thing again. Meant to but guess I forgot. Lol..my bad.

Ghel
08-20-2013, 11:41 AM
No biggie. It worked out, either way.

Ghel
08-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Mytical, Strongarm said there was intelligent life, but no earthlings. He didn't say that they looked like earthlings.

Mytical
08-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Ah. I was wondering what I was missing. Thanks :)

Ghel
08-22-2013, 06:10 PM
That last bit was interesting. Sapputiyok may not recognize the subtle sexism of pulling out a chair for someone of a different gender, but xe understands the reasoning behind it, and thus why it's insulting. :angel:

Tyg3rW01f
08-22-2013, 06:43 PM
it was MEANT to gentlemanly, but I can see how it would insult... SORRY.

Ghel
08-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Apology accepted. I'm glad that you see that many of the things that are labeled "gentlemanly" arise from unconsious sexism. :)

Mytical
08-23-2013, 01:37 AM
I think I need something explained (again lol) sorry. Why would such an act be seen as anything insulting at all by your character. There would not be anything even remotely like sexism in their world. (Weird that I don't think it sexist, but more a matter of respect. I wouldn't blink an eye if a girl pulled out a chair for me, but that is a matter for a different topic). Even you said that the concept of two sexes is foreign to Xer, so there could be no sexism in such a world. If anything it would be as if Colt was making himself as a servant, and be like lifting xer station above Colt?? Just trying to understand the thought process, learn more about the character and their thoughts/motivation.

Ghel
08-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Ok, I won't get into why someone (usually a man) pulling out a chair for another able-bodied person (usually a woman) is sexist. I won't even get into why calling an adult woman a "girl" is sexist. Or why males of a feline species being "tiger or lion" while the females are "calico or siamese" is probably sexist.

As for Colt making himself out to be a servant to Sapputiyok, I don't see it that way. I know on Earth, it is (and has been in the past) common for wealthy, able-bodied individuals to hire servants to do ordinary, every-day things that they would otherwise be able to do themselves, but I don't see that happening in Sapputiyok's dimension. The wealthy or upper-class dress themselves, open doors for themselves, and do other ordinary, every-day things for themselves. They only hire servants for protection, to do things that they are unable, or to do things that they don't have time for.

And because there's no sexism in Sapputiyok's dimension, classism, ableism, and other forms of discrimination are that much more prevalent.

Sapputiyok was moving towards seeing Colt as an equal, based on their work together, then he insulted xer twice in the span of minutes: once by saying xe needed protecting from doing something rash in the retrieval of the girl, and again by suggesting that xe wasn't able-bodied enough to move xer own chair.

Now, I don't want you to think this affects how I view either of you, Mytical and Tyg3rW01f. I'm still enjoying playing the RPG, and this clash of cultures is one of the things that (I think) makes Sapputiyok interesting.

Mytical
08-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Believe me when I say that there are dimensions where the opposite is true. Ie the females are lions and tigers, and the males are calico or siamese. Or even dimensions where females of the species are a good 2' taller and 80+ lbs heavier. You need to visit Venus in the dimension Strongarm is from *laughs* One bad thing about that planet though. If you do go be prepared to fight. It is a VERY warrior centered planet. Think Klingon like..the stronger you are the more they respect a person.

Ghel
08-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Ok, ok. Letting it go.

The Nexus (or those who work there) obviously has some way of tracking people who travel the dimensions. Is it a technological device that we can take with us or get information relayed to us? So that we can either know if he's still in this dimension or which dimension he's moved to?

Mytical
08-23-2013, 06:47 PM
*nods* You were issued a device that can monitor dimension crossings and track people who pick up 'dimension crossing radiation'. However, it is unclear if this person can be tracked via normal means.. he is traveling in a not very common method.

Mytical
08-26-2013, 05:15 AM
You two do realize that if he is an avatar..he is not going to be the easiest to kill right? After all, death is not so easy to kill. Since he is a teleporter as well..this is gonna be a very tough fight.

Ghel
08-26-2013, 11:41 AM
I don't expect it to be easy. But there's really nothing we could have done to prepare, either.

Tyg3rW01f
08-27-2013, 03:48 PM
if he goes to Dimension 317, the Death Avatar is going to have a nasty surprise: 317 takes to heart the saying "An ARMED Society is a polite society".

Ghel
08-27-2013, 06:12 PM
My post crossed with yours, Mytical, but Sapputiyok can't hear Steel anyway, right? So xe might even be talking over him.

Mytical
08-27-2013, 06:46 PM
That is correct, only person who can hear Steel (normally) is Colt.

Mytical
08-30-2013, 05:05 AM
Give me a bit for an update. Sorry, been a bit worn down the last couple of days.

Mytical
08-31-2013, 06:37 PM
((See ooc for what Sapputiyok detects from Void..and no his name is not 'Gluggy', its just a random word again..it will change pretty much every time he tries to say his name))

What Sapputiyok detects from the bees. About human power level, nothing special..except from the specific bee that you are talking to. ((Keep in mind Steel does not really know much about xer power, so would not have known she would have been able to detect him from all the other swarm)). Unlike most power, his is not a light, it is shadow. Sort of antipower. And he is powerful indeed. It is actually hard to see anything with xer vision on, as his 'aura' makes a shadowy cloud over the whole area. It's not a vortex like death's however. If there is anything else to detect it is shrouded by the dark aura.

Tyg3rW01f
09-06-2013, 12:14 PM
yes, I just had Colt swearing in Klingon, and very incoherently, too. He's to that point where fury has caused a general end to rationality.
Also, the [bleep] is supposed to be a rather long series of words that not only defy definition and translation, but SPELLING, too.

Tyg3rW01f
09-06-2013, 12:20 PM
P.S. most people also know to back away... slowly... when Colt gets like this. His targets also tend to get the "speechless Da :censored:" face. Colt's either about to do something crazy, or something incredibly stupid.

...usually the latter.

Ghel
09-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Hmmm.... Does the Nexus translate Klingon? :lol:

There's no undead? So does that mean the ones spitting on the victims are still alive?

Mytical
09-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Yes, they are still very much alive. Normal human power, average etc. So far at least. There have been casualties, however..they just are not getting back up like zombies would have..and seem to be accidental/incidental. As for translating, normally yes..but it probably would not bother with just a string of curse words..especially if they are not actual words (ie mispronunciations and such)

You two are the first on the scene, you must have been closest. The others are converging on you. Remember, that though they are attacking anything that doesn't move, however, these are just innocent people who are being USED. Probably by some poison the 'skip' has concocted.

Tyg3rW01f
09-09-2013, 06:09 PM
and yes, Dominick CAN be sung to Bonnie...
...and The Marine CAN be sung to Gilligan... and vice versa. I'd know, my CW reenactment unit spent four hours and many-many-many beers doing it over the 9/6-9/8 weekend.

Ghel
09-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Who's the highest-ranking person among those arriving that Sappuityok recognizes? (Searching with xer powers.) Xe's going to run to them to explain the situation.

Mytical
09-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Electra is both the highest ranking and most powerful on scene right now. Though Goldie is older, he has been part of the IDP for longer. Since he doesn't age, he has been part of the IDP since earth was in the dark ages.

Ghel
09-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Does the skip port nearby, or does he go a great distance? Can Sapputiyok still sense him?

Mytical
09-10-2013, 05:00 AM
He didn't go far. So yes xe would be able to sense him.

Mytical
09-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Heh you will not meet two people so opposite as Electra and Derrick. Well maybe Jekyll and Hyde.. maybe. Now imagine having to put up with Electra for hundreds of years....

Ghel
09-11-2013, 03:11 AM
Yes, Sappuityok is planning on suffocating the skip.

Ghel
09-12-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm not going to post in the IC thread until I see how Goldie and others react. Only going to mention that Sapputiyok would offer to help corral the infected ones.

ETA: I posted this before I saw Marmalady's post that Mytical's in the hospital again. :(

Tyg3rW01f
09-12-2013, 04:41 PM
O_O whaaaaaat?!

Tyg3rW01f
09-19-2013, 08:04 PM
btw, 'tiyok isn't likely to really accept how Colt killed the guy... a knife hammered into a skull so as to collapse it with a 'splode and splat of grey matter and gore... yyyyyyyyyyyeah... not something too many folks would shrug off.

Ghel
09-19-2013, 08:29 PM
I thought about that, actually. First, Sapputiyok has seen xer share of death, even before joining IDP. Xer people are not shy about public executions (think beheading, drawn-and-quartered, etc.). Second, Sapputiyok can "see" a person's insides even when they're intact. The way Colt killed the skip merely moved those insides outside.* Third, Sapputiyok considered the skip to be an alien. And though xe normally has greater respect for beings who are more powerful than xer, the way the skip used his powers made xer hate him all the more. Fourth, Sapputiyok isn't the type to let xer emotions get the better of xer. Even when Electra was totally pissing xer off, to the point of shaking with rage, xe still kept it in check so xe could get the job done. (Yeah, even I don't know what xe's going to do if xe ever loses control.) So it all adds up to Sapputiyok either being less affected by the skip's death than Colt or at least not showing it as much.

*Colt could have convinced Sapputiyok to merely keep the skip unconscious and take him to Strongarm. It wouldn't have taken much convincing, but xe would have had to be convinced - just "we need to take him to Strongarm" without a reason wasn't enough. This isn't criticism, just trying to explain how I'm playing this character.

Mytical
09-20-2013, 05:33 AM
Heh might take Colt a bit to adjust to the fact that IDP is more like the bounty hunters in his world then 'police'. Mostly because of Strongarm. He won't take guff from politicians, doesn't answer to them, and is more concerned that the job gets DONE over 'by the book'.

Ghel
09-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Is the delegate the only one of her people around, or are there others?

Mytical
09-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Right now (since you are in her dimension) there are others of her kind nearby. They are being pretty quiet, probably a hierarchy situation where unless they have leave of the highest rank among them they are quiet. Appears the negotiator is the highest ranking among them.

If you use your sight on them it is pretty much confirmed. They all have the blue aura, but the girl' aura is definitely the strongest... by far.

Ghel
09-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Sapputiyok would have noticed the others' auras before the negotiator commented on it being rude. But now, to avoid being rude to the others, Sapputiyok will leave xer sixth sense closed off either until the negotiator's the only one around or until there's an emergency/attack. (Which, knowing the nature of these stories, there's almost certain to be. :lol: )

Mytical
09-20-2013, 07:05 PM
You know me so well .. *chuckles* The nature of the problem, however, will be interesting... I almost guarantee it will not be seen coming.. (the attack might, but who/what is attacking .. I can almost guarantee it won't be guessed)

Ghel
09-21-2013, 09:23 PM
I know what I want to have Sapputiyok do to protect the negotiator, but I want to make sure my description matches what you're envisioning. Do the attackers have any power to speak of, or are they just normal humans? (Sapputiyok would open up xer sixth sense as soon as they were attacked.) What sort of guns are they toting? And how far away are they?

Tyg3rW01f
09-21-2013, 09:46 PM
well...carp.
do what you have to Mytical, just please don't kill him. I'd suggest giving him a case that proves his name after this, "the Hound", please.

Mytical
09-22-2013, 04:54 AM
Don't worry Tyg3rW01f they have people that can get the Skip out of you. Whoever killed the guy was going to get possessed..which was why he was so eager for one of you two to kill him.

As for the attackers, they are pretty much like Colt without Steel. The weapons would range from pistols to a four barrel shotgun. No big guns, as the negotiator is wanted alive. So far there are only two near you, but some more are catching up fast. Goldie is driving, so she will be of limited help right now.

Mytical
09-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Give me awhile for my next update. Body is recovering from what happened and is draining all my energy.

Ghel
09-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Take whatever time you need, Mytical. We'll still be here.

Tyg3rW01f
09-23-2013, 12:55 PM
be well soon.

Ghel
09-29-2013, 11:27 PM
How does this seeing the pathways in people's brains work? Could I maybe pluck the vortex out of the bounty hunter's brain?

Mytical
09-30-2013, 05:04 AM
Seeing the pathways means that you can physically alter the persons brain. You know how each pathway works, and what would happen if you changed the pathways. IE you could alter a persons memory, how they behave, repair damage, cause damage (from headaches to causing the person's brain to bleed). However, it does not affect anything besides the physical aspect of the brain. So no, you can not affect the supernatural aspect of the possession. You can 'lock it away' by changing the pathways (ie basically putting up a wall which would prevent it from controlling a person) but not remove it. Eventually the wall you put up would fail. Might be a day, might be 10 years..but eventually it will crumble.

Ghel
10-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Does the delegate have a name? We skipped over introductions.

Mytical
10-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Huvana. She has a title, but doesn't use it.

Tyg3rW01f
10-04-2013, 02:45 AM
letting you decide what he finds when checking the scene like a CSI man, Mytical

Mytical
10-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Much like Goldie your senses seem confused about the shadow elves. Chances are that they will be immune to direct attacks with your power also.

Mytical
10-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Yes, with your extra sense you could tell it was a dagger like object Goldie tossed. Also your extra sight lets you know there is no other attackers nearby.

Ghel
10-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Did Huvana seem hesitant or uncertain when she told Sapputiyok that she knew she would die after the peace talks? I got the impression that she was quite sure her decision was the right one, but I want to double-check.

Mytical
10-17-2013, 08:15 PM
She sounded sure, but there was a hint of hesitation. Something like she is resigned to her fate. However, she does seem to have made up her mind.

Ghel
10-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Bump: Any updates to this story?

Tyg3rW01f
10-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Mytical might be having issues again... but then again, I'm not in that loop.

Mytical
10-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Actually the issue is, what Steel can and can not do. I've scrapped a couple of updates, trying to figure out Steel's limitations.

He can modify his look, but he can not copy cloth or such. Everything would be metallic looking. He manipulates Metal, and that is all he can manipulate. He could pull off the look, but it would be shiny and metallic looking.

Mytical
10-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Might be a few days before the next update is up. My ammonia levels are really high, hard to focus on anything.

Ghel
10-27-2013, 09:43 PM
Take whatever time you need. Taking care of yourself is most important.

Mytical
11-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Sorry Tyger sort of got a bit sidetracked. I'll update you tomorrow promise.

Tyg3rW01f
11-08-2013, 06:11 AM
*looks around* uhm... okay.
was simply posting something I had forgotten to add.

Ghel
11-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Mytical, I just want to clarify something quick. When you say the core room was empty, does that mean even the crystals that were normally floating around were gone?

Tyg3rW01f
11-14-2013, 01:21 PM
oh crap, let's HOPE not!!

Ghel
11-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Yeah, that would be bad. That's why I'm asking for clarification. Might edit my last post in the IC thread depending on the answer.

Mytical
11-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Yes that means the crystals in the core are gone. The room where they were at is totally complete barren.

Tyg3rW01f
11-14-2013, 04:54 PM
oh... :censored:...

Ghel
12-02-2013, 11:28 AM
What does Sapputiyok sense of the people of this dimension? And of the shapeshifter in particular?

Mytical
12-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Well it really depends. For the common person, ordinary powers/abilities nothing special (for their race at least). For the Galaxy Rangers .. every one has more power and abilities then the average person of their race. Let me explain..

For instance a Andromedian Male has semi low intelligence but very high strength and toughness. In fact since their nervous system is so 'insulated' it takes several minutes for them to feel pain/etc IF they feel it at all. They have been known to fight 'dead' for several hours before the brain gets the information that the body is dead. Average height is around 8' tall, and they have six arms. Oh and they are purple. Now the females are a little smaller (7' average height) and have only 2 arms. They are not as strong as the males, but Andromeda is a female controlled planet as the males are somewhat... slow in thinking.

Now if you compared a human male vs an Andromedian male the Andromedian male's 'average' strength would be much higher. But compared to another Andromedian male both would be the same. (I know you know all this, this is just examples). Now a Galaxy Ranger Male Andromedian would not only have powers (anything from telekenetic to shapechanging) but normally be stronger/smarter then the average Andromedian.

So here are the 'norms' for the species you will meet.

Mercury- Elf like species with quick reflexes and advance melee abilities. ((Unlike fantasy elves they are not any better at ranged weapons then the other species)). Despite being 'slim' they are a bit stronger then humans as well. Female and male have equal authority/etc .. age and not sex decide who is in charge. They are a race that respects and listens to their elders.

Venus - Militant Female controlled planet. Males are physically weaker and treated pretty much as slaves/cattle. Respect is earned by being strong in combat, and the hierarchy is combat determined. Any Venetian can challenge for any spot, but the person challenged can declare it a combat to the death. Females can rival male Andromedians in strength, Mercurians in melee combat, are peerless ranged combatants (etc). Considered the most dangerous race in the Galaxy

Earth - Typical earthlings.

Martian - Dwarven (look like red skinned dwarves) like species that are very good with machines. Strong, sturdy, and very inventive/creative.

Jupiter - Dark Purple skinned race that lives in the permanent storm on the planet. Laid back, earth surfer like species..but if they ever got angry could take over as the most dangerous race. They are literally like 'Superman' and 'Wonder Woman' every single one of them. Near indestructible, flight, etc. I mean .. they live in a permanent hurricane like storm.. they are TOUGH. They do not leave Jupiter though. There are no Galaxy Ranger members that are Jupitarian/etc

Saturn - No known intelligent species.

Uranus - Beings made of pure ice. Where the Venetians have perfected offense.. the beings from this planet have perfected defense. They are complete pacifist and prefer not to fight (think a world full of Shaolin monks made of ice), but were single handedly responsible for shutting down the Venetian/Federation war. Just as strong, etc as those from venus. They have no concept of different sexes etc. They reproduce by 'budding'.

Neptune - Giant super intelligent Jellyfish. They have no offensive or defensive capability, but every race protects them.. as they are the librarians of this Galaxy. They not only can share information instantly between them and store unlimited knowledge..they have the largest library in this dimension. What one Neptonian knows, they all know instantly.

Pluto - Also has no Galaxy Ranger members. When Uranians become so big, they come here. Uranians/Plutarians are essentially ageless. They grow every year, however. Some have become as large as mountains. Pluto is actually made of Uranians rolled up into a ball (remember this is fiction..I can make my worlds however I want :p).

As for Adam (aka Pipsqueak though you haven't heard this name yet)

You sense he is a very powerful shapechanger, and that his powers change when he changes forms. He can assume the shape of anybody he has ever met (yes that means that right now he can become whoever is in the room with him and Colt, including Colt himself) AND their power and abilities. You would not be able to ever tell them apart either, even with your 'sight' since your sight would see ONLY the abilities of the form he is in (except his original form) and he would know everything that Colt knows or will know.

Edit 2 : The reason Adam's race is not listed here is (You will learn this soon) he is the last of his race. In their 'normal' form (the 4' blue furry form) they are very vulnerable and a disease killed all of them. Adam himself can only stay in his normal form for short periods of time or risk dying to this disease (no cure, only affects his race)

Well you would have figured the above out, but he got sidetracked lol.

Mytical
12-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Yes there is not only one way to figure things out/stop thing/etc .. there are multiple ways. It's your two's job to figure out which path you want to take.

Mytical
12-18-2013, 02:50 AM
You two may have noticed Goldie and Shem have been awful quiet. Your characters will not notice however. Even they will have forgotten Goldie and Shem at this point. It's starting to unravel time for even them.. time is literally running out.

Ghel
12-19-2013, 05:57 PM
If Sapputiyok currently has Strongarm's memories, then what did he say or do to convince them? Appeal to their pride, ok, but how?

Mytical
12-19-2013, 06:05 PM
Deaths... the number of species that will parish in a prolonged war with the Venetians. They are protectors, and value all life. So far they have been neutral, but the war is growing. More people are dying every minute. If they don't act, then many more lives will be lost.

It is not so much what he said though, as how he said it. From the heart, with passion. He believed every word, and he believed they were the only hope for ending the war.

Ghel
12-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Another question: if Sapputiyok has access to Strongarm's memories, does xe "remember" what Strongarm's opinion of xer is?

Mytical
12-20-2013, 02:33 AM
He thinks very highly of both Xer and Colt. That both are competent and knowledgeable. He does wish that Sapputiyok was a little less serious about things, and that Colt would lose the chip on his shoulder but he definitely thinks the two of them will do great things.

Andrew B.
12-23-2013, 02:55 AM
Is it too late to get in on this game? I might want to play.

Mytical
12-23-2013, 05:38 AM
Never too late :). Just post the idea for a character you have, and I will work you in.

Tyg3rW01f
12-23-2013, 03:28 PM
remind me what the GM believes is the chip on Colt's shoulder?

Andrew B.
12-23-2013, 03:43 PM
I want to do a Kamen Rider type of character. When he enters the current dimension he wakes up wearing his armor and trying to figure out what happened, as well as trying to figure out his new powers. Armor is loosely based of a firefly and powers are fire elemental.

Mytical
12-23-2013, 05:15 PM
remind me what the GM believes is the chip on Colt's shoulder?

The GM has nothing to do with it :p. John thinks he has a chip on his shoulder, because of a couple of incidents. Like when he killed the one guy and thought that it would cause trouble for instance. Basically John just thinks he should loosen up.

As for the Character, write a bio. Name, description, and the like and I will fit him in.

Tyg3rW01f
12-23-2013, 07:06 PM
ah. Got it

Andrew B.
12-24-2013, 02:49 AM
Alright, then.

Kamen Rider Blaze

True name: Valzar Horai

Description:
Race: Caucasian
Species: Human
Normal Height: 5' 10" Armored Height: 6'0"
Normal Weight: 175 lbs. Armored Weight 220 lbs.

Armor is primarily black with orange trim on the gloves, boots and helmet, and a silver colored chestplate. Armor design is based of Firefly beetle. Armor has two modes, full and partial power. Full power adds a flame design to arms and legs starting from gloves and boots.

Equipment:

Blaze Gear: Transformation belt. Has a belt buckle with a firefly as seen from the top with wings spread as a design. Buckle rotates and position determines power level. Head facing up=full power. Head facing left=low power mode. Head facing down and buckle split=power down.

Blaze Sword: A bastard sword which is commonly wielded two handed, partially due to lack of experience, and part of his primary arsenal.

Abilities:

Burner Kick: A flying kick wreathed in flames used as a finisher.

Burning Slash: A high powered sword strike, used primarily as a finisher.

Biography: Mr. Horai was a normal man, working in a dull security job when he fell into a portal, bringing him in to the conflict. When he woke up he was wearing his armor and highly confused. He is figuring out the armor, and his main goal is to get home.

I know the bio needs work, but will this do for now?

Mytical
12-24-2013, 03:21 AM
Yep. That will do. I have just the way to work him in too :). Have to do something real quick, but when I get back I'll write him in.

Mytical
12-24-2013, 04:38 AM
Edited my one post to answer Colt.

Mytical
12-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Going to post an update for both Ghel and Andrew. It will be up to Ghel if xe investigates or not.

Andrew B.
12-27-2013, 03:41 AM
Crud, I forgot to mention this in my previous post, but KR Blaze/Valzar emits a lot of heat in full power mode. To the point where things tend to catch fire if it's possible.

Mytical
12-27-2013, 03:51 AM
No worries :). Heh, just might want to stay away from any Neptunians.

Andrew B.
12-27-2013, 05:24 AM
That's why I mentioned full power mode. Low-power mode (when he figures it out) does not put out that kind of heat.

Mytical
12-31-2013, 05:46 AM
Andrew, would you be opposed to a reboot with your character? Think I went the wrong way about introducing the character. Don't worry the posts would remain the same .. but may introduce a 'new' (as in an old character that has not been seen in this game yet) character that would have been on Venus about this time.

Andrew B.
12-31-2013, 06:30 AM
That's fine.

Mytical
12-31-2013, 06:55 AM
You may change your mind :p.

Tyg3rW01f
12-31-2013, 07:17 PM
As for Kiki's power-level... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik)
he he

Mytical
12-31-2013, 08:11 PM
Heh, not yet in the time line. She hasn't even traveled to the past. .. yet. She is a character I played as a player a long long time ago.. she ended up too powerful though, so I retired her. No fun if there is nothing to challenge the characters.

Andrew B.
01-02-2014, 02:44 AM
Sorry for the sudden addition of the scanner, but it feels that a KR's helmet should have an ability like that. The influx of information would cause headaches from overload until Valzar gets used to it, though.

Ghel
01-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. I've been rather busy with the holidays and extra workload at work. I'll try to get something posted, at least a reaction from Sapputiyok, today or tomorrow.

Speaking of which, what does Sapputiyok sense of Kiki?

Mytical
01-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Pretty much the same as Valzar's readout. You do pick up something extra that his sensors just would not be able to. She has a bit of the divine in her. IE she has to be an offspring of what some would call a god. You would put her as maybe a granddaughter of one. (Ie she is the daughter of a half godlike being). Which is the untapped power source Valzar picks up, but he would not be able to tell it is of such a nature. You also sense that 'curse' on her. You wouldn't know what the curse is however.

Ghel
01-07-2014, 01:32 AM
How it it that Sapputiyok did not know that Kiki was the queen?

Mytical
01-07-2014, 05:39 AM
Because the book you found did not list her name as the queen, and your vision would not separate a person of royalty from somebody who is not. Since time has changed, the book would not be a good source anymore. Remember the time stream is in constant flux because of the interference of the Rutopians. A day from now their might not be life on venus, or they could be rulers of the known universe. Which is why messing with time is never a good idea. As for memories of others, you get them from the time you see them .. so their memories would also not be a good source of knowledge. Memories and the time stream get jumbled, so even the temporary ability you have from Adam is not trustworthy. Also, though you've never tried to access Kiki's memories yet, when you do you will find that you can not. Time paradoxes, got to hate them with a passion.. because Kiki should not exist now. She should be in the past where she started out at.

Ghel
01-07-2014, 11:21 AM
So... when I was going over Strongarm's memories of the Queen of Venus, he remembered someone else being queen.

Mytical
01-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Yes. When he was in this dimension, Kiki was never queen of the Venetians.

Andrew B.
01-08-2014, 07:27 AM
Just as a reminder, Valzar is not fully aware of his armor, yet. He just thinks he's in strange clothing that someone put him in. A scene where he can see himself in a mirror would probably be a good way for him to learn.

Mytical
01-09-2014, 03:16 AM
If he can get to one. Remember, the Venetians are not just going to let him walk around. However, I did give an opening.

As for Steel's suggestion .. Stronarms arsenal would be long gone, but not what made his arsenal. Yes that is not a typo. Not who, what.

Sapputiyok does not have to know how to fight, whatever form xe chooses would come with the knowledge. Unless xe wants to call Colt in and switch jobs with him. That is always an option.

Tyg3rW01f
01-10-2014, 01:56 AM
Bad idea. Colt would pull an Indiana Jones (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE) and escalate the war further.

Mytical
01-10-2014, 04:47 AM
Actually there is little chance of that happening. Would be spoilers as to why, and don't want to give spoilers, but lets just say that the maker of the weapons is .. different.

Ghel
01-10-2014, 11:28 AM
A couple questions: Is there still time for Sapputiyok to be able to change forms? And are the Venusians going to consider it fair if xe changes form before and/or during the combat?

Mytical
01-10-2014, 12:58 PM
There is plenty of time, and there really is only one rule in the combat. Win. You can use any ability, weapon, or skill you may possess. As long as it is only one on one, that is really all that matters.

Andrew B.
01-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Will I be watching? If so, can I be keeping an eye out for anyone who might not be playing on the level?

Mytical
01-11-2014, 02:14 AM
Yes, you will be watching, and yes you can keep an eye out. Once things get straightened out and people start remembering more of Strongarm, your character will be more active. Right now, he can be active. .. but as he is surrounded by warrior women .. may not be such a good idea. :angel:

Mytical
01-13-2014, 07:05 PM
Sorry for the delay of the update. Trying to figure out an epic fight to post. It has to be worthy of a Venetian vs Uranian combat.

Mytical
01-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Ok just remember that while Steel can appear just about any way you like Tyg3r .. his abilities have specific forms he must be in to trigger. Strength form for 'Armor and Enhanced Strength', Speed form for 'Running speed and agility', Stealth Form, Flight Form, and Camouflage form (for now these are what you have access to). Otherwise he is the equivalent of wearing a bullet proof vest that covers your whole body and does not interfere with movement. As time goes by and your bond grows stronger, more will open up.

Andrew B.
01-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Can I get to the odd reading without getting in trouble?

Tyg3rW01f
01-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Then I'm thinking he's in Camouflage form?

Mytical
01-14-2014, 07:52 PM
Then I'm thinking he's in Camouflage form?

Yes. He thought it better then just appearing out of nowhere into a potentially hostile environment. Because as smart as the Utopians are, they still have a problem with 'aggressive' natures.

Can I get to the odd reading without getting in trouble?

Yes.

Tyg3rW01f
01-15-2014, 03:00 AM
Did I read the post and do the deducting right?

Andrew B.
01-15-2014, 11:37 PM
I should have asked this earlier, but what weapons are the Venusians using?

Mytical
01-16-2014, 05:14 AM
Luckily no laser weapons (this is the future after all, so laser weapons would be available). If you've ever watched Stargate SG-1 or Stargate Atlantis, the staff weapons the G'uul use (Luckily without the ability to fire bolts out of the end of it)

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Ma%27Tok_staff

Mytical
01-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Going to be a little for an update. My health has been on a rollercoaster last couple days.

Andrew B.
01-16-2014, 05:51 PM
Don't worry about the game, your health comes first.

Mytical
01-16-2014, 06:04 PM
At least I got an interesting if somewhat weird fever induced dream out of it. http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?p=1194789#post1194789

Andrew B.
01-22-2014, 10:17 PM
Where is everyone? I know I'm fighting one of the renegades.

Tyg3rW01f
01-23-2014, 01:14 AM
Colt is currently either charging into the fray, or else he's taking pot-shots at those he can tell are trying to frell things up.

Andrew B.
01-23-2014, 03:22 AM
I assume that he's figured out that Valzar isn't an enemy, or at least not an immediate threat?

Mytical
01-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Though neither of the other characters know much about Valzar, honestly they would think he is the least of their worries. Seeing as the average Venustian is 6'5" tall and about a head taller then the average Earthling Male. They also are wearing bones on their face. Which is also why Valzar would be able to tell that neither of the other characters are not the ones he would have to worry about as well. Not to mention that Venustian females would make somebody like Arnold Schwarzenegger IN HIS PRIME look like he was very out of shape.. yeah the sides are a little easier to distinguish. Now when the 'friendly' Venustians enter the mix... that could be a bit confusing.

Andrew B.
01-25-2014, 06:47 AM
I hate to ask this, but I may have to retcon one of my attacks. Luckily, it hasn't been used in story, but it was directly identified in his character description. Burning Kick needs to become a spin kick rather than a flying kick.

Mytical
01-25-2014, 07:05 AM
Ok. I have no issue with it, though I would ask that you review your character for any other changes that need to be made. So that way I know what evolutions might be good for them :)

Andrew B.
01-25-2014, 07:24 AM
He's just starting, so he lacks most of his equipment, the sword that was mentioned, the mode of transportation that is appropriate towards his character style, and an eventual super mode which will be a long way off. He also is just starting to learn how to fight, so he fights like a beginner.

Ghel
01-27-2014, 05:30 PM
Does Sapputiyok sense anything "off" about Strongarm?

Mytical
01-27-2014, 05:58 PM
No, you feel the things that you did before he disappeared. Of course his memory of things is different then yours. He honestly thinks he did what history said he did.

Tyg3rW01f
01-27-2014, 06:09 PM
anything Colt finds "off"?

Mytical
01-27-2014, 06:16 PM
Besides Valzar being there? Nope. Everything seems copacetic.

Mytical
01-28-2014, 05:16 AM
Steel and Valzar's suit. Steel can indeed interface and override most electronic devices. Now Valzar's suit is something different entirely, however .. Valzar can allow Steel to interact with his suit. Valzar can also revoke the access, causing Steel to be unable to further access. However, this could get interesting. Steel can manipulate anything metal into just about any form. So technically he could transform Valzar's suit.. including abilities. Because it is foreign tech, however, it would be limited in nature. Mostly elemental changes. IE he could turn Valzar's suit dark blue and the elemental abilities based on water, light blue and the elemental abilities based on air, and the like. Could get very very interesting.

Andrew B.
01-28-2014, 06:19 AM
Working with Colt and Steel can make me into a form Rider? Cool, but I doubt it'll come up too much.

Mytical
01-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Usually I don't pack too many 'save the world/universe' things back to back. However, the death avatar has not just been sitting on it's thumbs while your group was saving the IDP/Strongarm's universe. Still a long way to go for the 'final confrontation' with death's main avatar. Buckle your seatbelts..it is gonna be a bumpy ride.

Tyg3rW01f
01-28-2014, 08:29 PM
ah... *looks over* OOOOO... what's this Big Red Button do?

Andrew B.
01-28-2014, 09:12 PM
The suit's belt should still be there and visible, so a computer might be able to deduce that it is related to the suit's function and activation.

Tyg3rW01f
01-28-2014, 09:28 PM
I kinda meant that Steel would tell Valz how to activate/deactivate the suit himself...
...right now we seem to be kinda running with the idea of some sort of external system of removal, like the Iron Man gantry systems in Iron Man 1, 2, and The Avengers...
...Kinda trying to RP-facilitate Valz learning how to self-remove the suit, like in Iron Man 3.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZOew5SPheuI/UEGax1rA1MI/AAAAAAAABzk/YaF9RxsY33o/s1600/Gantry-058.jpg