PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of Death (IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mytical
06-25-2013, 02:08 AM
It was a bright cloudless day, and Sapputiyok was running late. As xe hurried into the main square, xer senses picked up two very unusual things. On one end of the street was a powerful glow, on the other there seemed to be a 'vacuum' of some sort swallowing energy.

Moments later the 'vacuum' stopped and something xe had never seen before appears out of nowhere. ((Imagine a wolly mammoth that is about 3x the normal size and made out of bone)).

One would think such a sight would send xer people scattering to the four winds, but although they tried to get out of this things way...it was not the panicked reaction xe was expecting.

On the other end of the street the glow was getting a bit brighter. A being that stood about 6'3", had long black hair tied in a pony tail, and sunglasses on just strolled toward the huge beast on the other end.

Just as xe was about to turn down xer power because the stranger was bright, xe heard the figure saying something. "Let the storm howl and the death bell toll" clouds start gathering in from nowhere "transform me now into electra soul" The cloud darkens and it starts to rain rather heavily. "Let lightning strike and thunder roll" The sky lights up with and xe can feel the power in the storm. "For I AM ELECTRA SOUL" A huge bolt of lightning hits the figure, and the power level of the figure spikes really high. Sapputiyok has no choice but to shut off xer sensing power or be blinded.

Where the figure was is another figure. Light blue hair that has electricity flowing through it, same with the eyes. It looks like somebody had taken solid fire and fashioned some sort of breastplate out of it. The figures gauntlets look to be made of solid stone, their boots made of solid water. A 'cape' made of solid air was on the figures back.

The skeletal creature lowered its head and tried to just run over the figure. The figure skids back, slowing the creature but not stopping it. Sapputiyok heard the figure talking seemingly to itself. "Guys...hey guys..I could use some help here. This thing is a LOT bigger then we thought!" A short time passes "What do you mean that it will be thirty minutes before help arrives?! I don't HAVE thirty minutes. I can not stop this thing alone. I have a feeling that electricity is not going to stop a moving bag of bones!"

Ghel
06-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Curious, Sapputiyok watched with xer eyes only as the giant bone beast pushed the lightning-coated being down the street. If this bone beast could not be stopped, it would likely destroy the whole city. But that thought was secondary to Sapputiyok's curiosity. Xe wanted to know what was going on here, and the only place those answers might be found was with the lightning-wrapped being. Determined to help him stop the beast, Sapputiyok ran towards them, watching for objects xe might be able to throw at it.

Sapputiyok hesitatingly opened xer mind to the gift again. The lightning-coated being didn't overwhelm xer sense this time, but whether that was because he was behind the bone beast or some other reason, xe would try to find out later. Sapputiyok reached out with the gift and grabbed hold of the middle of a stone column, hurling it at the bone beast. People nearby scattered. The column piece struck the beast with a loud cracking sound, sending bits of bone and stone flying. That should get its attention.

Mytical
06-25-2013, 06:42 PM
The stone column seemed to surprise the figure coated in lightning, but it did much more damage to the bone creature..as stone is much stronger then bone. It slows and falters, and this gives the form a chance to regroup itself.

"Alright, so you CAN be hurt huh. Lets try this!!!" A coil of electricity surrounds his stone gloves, and rips into the things bones, further making it unstable. "Dang, I put enough juice in that to take down a whole dozen humpback whales! What is it going to take to take you DOWN?!" He can't let up to do much else as long as the creature has any forward momentum or it will just trample over him.

Ghel
06-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Sapputiyok winces visibly as xe sees the lightning surround the strangerís gloves, but xe is unblinded. Seeing that the bone creature appears unstable, xe begins grabbing the thingís bones, one at a time, and flinging them away from the main creature. Xe begins with the hind legs, as they are closest, which causes the bone creature to lose traction and scramble to try to keep pushing the stranger down the street.

Mytical
06-25-2013, 07:20 PM
As it loses more forward motion, the figure it is trying to push is able to put less force to just keeping it in check. Soon as more and more bones fly off, the other figure is starting to push it back. The bones flying off forces it to have less and less mass (though its shape is the same, it is getting smaller and smaller). Soon it is only about as big as the other figure. The figure stops pushing on it, and reaches their hands to the sky. "SHIELD YOUR EYES!" he yells, and a few seconds later a large lightning bolt comes from the sky shattering the rest to pieces.

The figure falls to its knees ((Turns back to human, but of course Xe doesn't know what a human is)), panting hard, obviously exhausted.

Ghel
06-25-2013, 09:29 PM
Sapputiyok throws xer hands up reflexively, squeezing xer eyes shut at the same time as closing off xer sixth sense. Xe sees the bright flash through xer eyelids and hears the accompanying boom of thunder. Sapputiyok peeks between xer fingers to see shattered pieces of bone scattered around the street and the stranger on his knees at the center.

Sapputiyok glances up and down the street. A few people are righting overturned carts or sweeping broken bone off of the front steps of their shops. A small child picks up an intact bone and swings it above xer head like a club before running off down the street. Other people are walking down the street, ignoring the stranger as if he looked just like any of them. Scowling at the others' indifference, Sapputiyok turns to the stranger, hoping to find some answers.

Xe walks up to the stranger and holds out xer hands to him, palm up, in the traditional manner of greeting a member of a higher class. Xe tries not to look disgusted by the stranger's hair or pinkish skin. "I offer you greetings, you who called lightning to fell the beast made of bone. I am Sapputiyok, one of the weilders of the Gift." The stranger looks up at xer with surprise, but xe sees no recognition of xer mention of the Gift. "Once you have rested a bit, I hope you will indulge me with answers about the creature we just fought and... about yourself."

Mytical
06-26-2013, 04:40 PM
The figure holds up a finger, you notice a few things. First the light he was giving out is gone, as in he shows no ability for power at all. Second he is sweating and breathing heavily. When I say sweating, sweat is pouring off of him. Like he ran two marathons back to back at full speed the whole time.

His voice sounds like somebody who has been in the desert for several days without keeping hydrated. "I need w.." his voice breaks and it takes some time for him to continue "Wa..wat" he just can't seem to get the word out. Next thing xe knows..he falls forward and seems to be out cold.

Ghel
06-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Sapputiyok inspects the stranger's aura, looking for signs of injury. Seeing nothing but decreased energy level, Sapputiyok takes the stranger by the shoulders and (lifting him slightly with the Gift) drags him to the shady side of the street, to one of the city's river-fed fountains set in the wall there. Xe props him up against the wall next to the fountain and dumps several double-handfuls of water on his head to cool him. Then xe dribbles a handful of water into his mouth, watching to see him swallow before feeding him more.

Having fed the stranger what xe considers to be a sufficient amount of water, Sapputiyok begins to pace. People walk up to the fountain to get water, but pay the stranger little attention. One person asks, "Is xe ok?" Sapputiyok curtly replies, "Xe will be fine." The person hurries off. Sapputiyok continues to pace.

Mytical
06-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Finally after almost an hour total, the stranger wakes up. You notice that his aura has slightly increased power now. "Where.." he looks around and sees you, and suddenly he knows. "Thank you for helping me."

He sits up slowly. "You have questions. Please ask." He touches a strange band on his arm.

Ghel
06-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Sapputiyok hesitates a moment before speaking. "Politeness be hanged," xe mumbles, then lets out the questions in a rush.

"Who -- what are you? How are you able to call lightning like that? Who were you asking for help? What was that beast? How do bones walk around by themselves like that? What was that-" xe spread her hands in a gesture of uncertainty "void that the thing came out of? Did you know that thing was going to appear? Did you come here specifically to fight it? Why didn't people flee from that bone beast? Why are they acting like there's nothing strange about you?"

Then to xerself: "Okradloriktok is going to be angry that I didn't make it to the meeting."

To the stranger: "I could lose my job because of this!"

Mytical
06-26-2013, 08:43 PM
"I am Derrick Soul," He shows you a badge with Interdimensional Police on the outside, and his name and badge number (1321-21-21) on the inside. And .. I don't call lighting, that is Electra. I ... turn into him. His name means Soul of Lightning, he is .. like living electricity. I can summon him into my body for a short time, because of some items I found a long long time ago."

He pauses to drink some more water, and you notice his power level increases a little more. Apparently he needs liquids to build up his power.

"I don't remember much after summoning him, but if he was talking to somebody it was probably the IDPD, the squad I work with and for. They should be here soon. As for WHAT that beast is, and how it gets around I am not one hundred percent sure. I am not sure even Electra would know...that was a first for me...and I've seen some weird things. Looked like a skeleton of a mammoth, but it was at least three times the size it should be."

He pauses to take a drink again, and this time the power level does not increase, so he is probably at that level until he starts building to summoning this 'Electra'

"The void was someTHING (he puts emphasis on the word) opening a rift in space and time. To summon that creature we fought. We sensed a buildup so in a way we knew it was coming, and a general idea of WHAT, but was not prepared for that."

He slowly gets up. "As for why nobody really noticed the creature, me, or Electra... most people only see what they want to see. Since you can see me, that means you can cross dimensional boundaries."

Ghel
06-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Sapputiyok looks confused. "Dimensional boundaries?"

Xe shakes xer head, as if to clear it. "These others who are coming, are they like you?"

Mytical
06-27-2013, 03:33 AM
He sits there and thinks for a few. "As much as you are like me, yes. If you mean my species. I don't think so, though I am not sure if Silk is coming or not. If you mean .. well just hold on..you should meet them. They are here.."

He stands and greets two others who seem happy to see him. One is a humanoid bulldog with a spike collar and spiked wrist bands. He wears two chains in an X pattern across his chest. Your character can feel he has some power, but it would be very minimal. This being stands about 6'7", with wide broad shoulders.

The other, however, is .. different. Xer sense of power seems to be .. confused when looking at the second one. Not picking up anything at all (which would normally mean the individual would be dead), but xer instinct tells her not to trust xer senses with this one.. at least not xer power sight. The individual's skin seems to be yellow ((Would your character know what gold is? if so, you would know that this person seems to be forged from gold)). They seem to be almost androgynous as your people. The individual has strange pointed ears, and long long flowing golden hair. Even the clothing, while it looks to be 'casual dress' is made of the finest gold. When they walk, they seem to more .. glide, almost as if their feet do not touch the ground. For some reason when the being known as Derrick sees this person, his cheeks turn a bit red.

"Pitbull! Goldie!! Am I glad to see you!" Derrick seems to brace himself for something.

The large canine individual rushes him, and picks him up in a bear hug. "Derrick! We had thought the beast had gotten you!"

"Can..t brea..the!" Derrick manages, and the larger being sets him down.

"Yes, yes, forgot about that! Just happy to see you old man!" even though the canine looks older then Derrick.

The golden ones voice is soft and musical. A bare wisper, but yet people can hear it well enough. "You must stop scaring us like that." You notice the golden one keeps their distance, however. Even though even Xe can tell the two want to greet each other more intimately.

"Oh! We better warn our guest." Derrick turns to you. "Please whatever you do, avoid contact with Goldie." He points out the golden figure. "Though we can often get people back, her touch turns anything she touches to gold. Good thing she does not require either food or drink."

Ghel
06-27-2013, 01:48 PM
((I think my character would know what gold is, since it's a basic element. Let's say it's rare in this part of the world, but the merchant has traded gold or gold objects on occasion. It would normally register as an inanimate object on the sixth sense.))

Sapputiyok tries to hide the amazement on xer face as xe looks back and forth between the newcomers. Xe starts to put out xer hands to greet the newcomers, then puts them down. "I... My name is Sapputiyok. I am one of the weilders of the Gift." Again seeing a lack of recognition in their faces, Sapputiyok explains. "I can see things without looking at them, and I can move things without touching them. I used these abilities to help Derricksoul" (spoken run together, like a compound word) "-- or was it Electrasoul? -- defeat the bone beast."

Sapputiyok addresses Derrick. "Begging your pardon, but the Electrasoul is not you, but it uses your body? And you don't remember what it does while using your body? That sounds terrifying."

Mytical
06-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Derrick nods "I remember bits, and pieces, but not everything. It's like a dream when I am away. I trust Electra, so it is not scary, but after? I .. die for a short time. I come back, but it is always hard. Now, you said that you might get in trouble with your boss. We have two options to handle that. You can come with us, and start a new job..with perks and salary which you could barely dream of, or.. we can speak to your boss. You would get in no trouble with them."

Ghel
06-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Sapputiyok's eyes widen, a field of black against xer blue eyelids. "You want me to go with you? Across dimensions? To worlds where people like each of you are common? Where I could meet more strange and amazing beings? To help you fight creatures like the bone beast?" Sapputiyok's voice rises in pitch with each question. Still, xe takes a moment to consider.

"I would no longer have to work for that lazy, egotistical child of a kelalogak." Sapputiyok pauses to look each of the strangers in the eye, with an intense, serious expression. "I will go with you. I simply ask that I be allowed to say goodbye to my parent and siblings. Can I take a few things with me? Will I be able to return, to visit, in the future?"

Mytical
06-27-2013, 06:26 PM
It is the one called Goldie who responds. "You may say goodbye, but make no mention of the IDP or traveling dimensions. Feel free to take anything you think you need, and you may returns as often as you want..however, at no time can you explain to anybody about us, the IDP, or crossing dimensions."

Ghel
06-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Sapputiyok barks a laugh. "Ha. As if anyone would believe me anyway. No one paid much attention to the bone beast or to Electrasoul. They would think I spent too much time out in the sun."

Sapputiyok looks uncertain, as if afraid that the strangers will disappear before xe returns. "So, I'll just run home and say goodbye to my family and pick up a few things. You'll wait here for me, then?"

Mytical
06-28-2013, 02:59 AM
Bulldog gives a hardy laugh "If Derrick tells you that the sun is made of pudding, get out your spoons. Never known him to say anything that is not the truth. Can't say the same for Electra, but Derrick would sooner eat lava then tell an untruth."

Derrick looks a little embarrassed at the outburst. "We will be here, and shall wait for you."

Ghel
06-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Sapputiyok rushes off down the street and returns about an hour later with a bag across xer shoulder. "I'm ready to go."

Mytical
06-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Derrick nods and gives a bit of caution. "You said you can sense power, now I am not positive how that works, but if you can..you may want to turn it off in the nexus. The nexus IS power. The power of a thousand universes run through the place. I am not sure how good an idea it would be to try to see it's power. Any other power would be drowned out by it."

Once he gets the ok, and that you are ready..and he opens a portal. "Stay close by me, prepare yourself. Some of the species you will see will be very odd. You think us three strange..some make us seem perfectly average." He steps through the portal.

((Assuming you follow, if not .. ignore :D ))

You step through and .. it seems a bit normal. Exactly what you thought it would be. Which seems strange. What is not normal, however, are the people inside.

You see..floating jellyfish with visible brains, all the animal species but they are humanoid. All the insect species, but again humanoid size, walking upright. Some of the predatory looking ones (shark, tiger, etc) are a bit frighting, but they don't seem to mean any harm.

You see floating balls of light of all shapes and sizes. One small light ends up on your nose, and you notice it is a very tiny beautiful person with wings. It giggles and flies away, its laughter like music.

Finally you get to a room where there is another that looks like Derrick (sort of...ie he is a human looking male) but he has .. machines for part of his body. His eye and left hand are robotic. "Captain Strongarm. I would like for you to meet.." Derrick turns to you "I am sorry I have trouble pronouncing your name..you should introduce yourself."

Ghel
06-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Sapputiyok closes xer mind to the sixth sense and follows Derrick through the portal. A look of amazement on xer face, xe glances around at all the strange creatures roaming around. When the small light lands on xer nose, xe flinches, scowling at it as it giggles and flies away.

When introduced to Captain Strongarm, xe holds out xer hands, palm up, and says, "I offer you greetings, Captainstrongarm. I am Sapputiyok. I am one of the weilders of the Gift... which means that I can see things without looking and move things without touching them... as well as a few other things." Sapputiyok glances around in uncertainty, but continues. "I offer my services to the... Interdimensional Police" (spoken slowly, as if trying to remember how to say it) "to help protect worlds from beings such as that bone beast."

Mytical
06-28-2013, 04:44 PM
To xer total surprise he lays his forearms on xers and speaks "Greetings Sapputiyok wielder of the gift, you may call me Strongarm. If you wish to aid us in our struggle, I ask that you meet a few people, and among them and the one you know as Derrick choose who would be your training partner."

Ghel
06-29-2013, 12:57 AM
Sapputiyok responds, "Thank you, Strongarm. I would be honored."

Mytical
06-29-2013, 02:36 AM
For a few weeks it is mostly getting situated, finding how the Nexus works, and training with seven individuals to see who you would like the most. ((See OoC list for rundown of these people..of course Derrick is one option))

The individual in charge of your hand to hand and melee training is Goldie..who you learn her real name is mostly sounds. A birds song, the rustling of grass on the wind, and a chime. You are able to reproduce all but the middle part (the rustling of the grass) which is more then a lot can do. You come to realize that most of the people here have some sort of 'nickname' because others can not always pronounce their real name. Bulldog's real name is some sort of bark, a harump, and a growl. You can actually reproduce his name, but he seems to prefer 'Bulldog' (Which is what Derrick nicknamed him).

Inside the nexus, you don't have to worry about language barriers. The nexus automatically translates it, and outside you are given an ear piece and special instrument that translates for you. Which is handy.

You learn that the Nexus is .. sentient. Maybe not technically alive, but it can make robotic forms or holograms to interface with for those more comfortable doing so, and even interface psychically for those who find that easier. And though you are still getting use to the whole 'gender' thing, it seems to come off as female most of the time..though it can adjust itself to talk like anything you prefer. It can even adjust its power output so that you can use your gift..except in one room. The Core. The core seems to exist as pure data. Every square inch is dedicated to a number of some sort. What it's function is, not even the nexus seems to know..or if it does it is not telling.

You don't really need to spend your salary on anything. Food, shelter, etc is all taken care of with but a thought. Now a lot of what the Nexus makes can not be taken out of the Nexus, but clothing seems to be immune to that at least. (That could be awkward if not).

Because of the fact that time is relative in the Nexus, you seem to get plenty of rest despite it seeming that all you do is train. Strongarm handles a lot of the training. Firearms (mandatory, even if you don't use them in the field), how to tell natives from something that came through a dimensional rift, and basic police procedure. Though it is a LOT more lax then Earth Prime's (Our dimension) law enforcement procedures.

Finally though you are brought into the room with the people you have been training with..and asked to chose a partner for 'field training'.

Ghel
07-01-2013, 02:18 PM
During training, Sapputiyok asks each of the people xe's training with to let xer try to use xer power on them. If asked, Sapputiyok explains that in an emergency situation, xe might need to catch them, lift them, etc., and xe wishes to know how much energy to put into it without harming them.

During the firearms training, Sapputiyok is amazed by the velocity and force of the bullets. Xe asks to experiment with slowing or stopping the bullets. Sapputiyok finds that it's fairly easy for xer to stop bullets if xe knows they're coming, by targeting the bullet directly, as well as put up a general field around xerself to deflect bullets (and other projectiles). Both require a lot of effort, and xe becomes mentally and physically exhausted after only a short time.

Mytical
07-01-2013, 02:30 PM
None of them have any issue with you using your power on them. The only one you have difficulty with is Hardcore. It seems not only is he heavier then one would think (and with his mass that would be pretty heavy) but a lot denser also. It is almost as if the earth has a 'pull' on him. Interestingly enough, when you try to hasten his fall with your power, it is a lot easier to do then it should be. Good thing that he is tough. ((So if you are trying to move him any direction but down, or to slow his decent if he is falling it takes more effort. If you are trying to move him down, or to hasten his falling it requires very little effort)).

Goldie is a bit ..odd. When she resists it, it is like her whole body is covered in some sort of mental grease. It is hard to keep ahold of her. If she isn't trying to resist however, it is just as easy as anybody else.

Now Derrick is a human, so no problems there..but there is with Electra. Even when he wants you to, you can not seem to move him at all. It's not until xe realizes that there is no mass, only energy, that you finally can start moving him at all. Even his armor, which looks like it would weigh quite a bit, seems to have no mass or weight to it. Yet, when he braces himself, and plants his feet, it is like trying to move a mountain.

Ghel
07-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Sapputiyok chooses to work with Goldie for the field training.

Mytical
07-01-2013, 07:52 PM
For the first official field mission, Strongarm wants you to do something 'easy'. A ex IDP gone rogue has been running between dimensions smuggling exotic animals. Since he doesn't stay long enough to get a pinpoint on him, yet, this is about containment of one of the more exotic animals. A rare phoenix. It has broken loose from it's cage, and has been causing a bit of havoc on a frog 'humanoid' world, and you and Goldie should be able to convince it to return to its home dimension.

Ghel
07-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Sapputiyok asks for a description of the phoenix. ((OOC, I want to know if it's anything more than a red and/or gold-feathered parrot which bursts into flames when it dies, then comes back to life.))

Sapputiyok also asks for a description of the frog people (which would have to include an explanation of what a frog is, since xe has never seen an amphibion).

Mytical
07-02-2013, 03:55 AM
((http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/kappa.shtml the solo hand drawn image next to the 'weeds' is the best description I can give for the frog people))

((As for the phoenix http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O8A28G-3W3A/TWNMiI9jDCI/AAAAAAAAA3g/tOBdPtPqwAI/s400/Phoenix-3.jpg.. it ain't no parrot :D))

After the above is described to xer, she is given a warning. When this IDP person captured it, he used 'compression field technology'. It made the phoenix a lot smaller then it would normally be. Some phoenix can be as large as a mountain. Now this one is young, so it is only about 30' long, but even young Phoenix can be pretty dang potent. It is understandably angry. It was kidnapped from its home, forced to go to a strange place, and kept in a cage. Approach with caution. The one good thing is, they do not like the cold, and the world is a bit more chilly then some.

IF it can be calmed down, it can communicate..but right now it is doing what some children do. It is throwing a tantrum. Speed is of the essence, as it can do a LOT of damage when angry.

((So the question is, before you head there, are you going to get anything to take with you?))

Ghel
07-02-2013, 06:13 PM
"Begging your pardon, but you want us to herd a huge, flying, flaming beast back to its home dimension? And you call this 'easy'? I'm not saying we can't do it, but I don't expect it to be easy."

Sapputiyok looks at Goldie and says, "I have no experience with wild animals, and little with children. Do you?"

((Regardless of Goldie's answer: )) Sapputiyok asks for flame-resistant clothing. Xe asks if they have some way for them to fly if they need to, in order to reach the phoenix if it flies away. Xe also asks Goldie for her advice on what equipment they should take.

Mytical
07-03-2013, 02:40 AM
Strongarm laughs "If it was too easy, we wouldn't be needed. However, despite it being young, the phoenix is an intelligent creature. If you can get it to stay still long enough to explain you can get it back home, it will follow without incident."

You are able to find a Microfiber suit that is perfect for what you requested. Not only does it resist heat well, but it has nanotech in it that allows the wearer to modify it for flight (not to mention style, size, etc). It won't take heat for too long at a time, but a couple hours at a time (with a rest ratio of 2:1 ie, for every 2 minutes in extreme heat you have to let it cool for 1 minute).

Goldie thinks. "I think maybe some CO2. If we can make the area around it cold, except for a path back to its entry point, that should convince it to follow said path. It certainly won't hurt the creature, even a direct blast, but it will deter it."

Ghel
07-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Sapputiyok accepts these provisions and prepares to depart.

Mytical
07-03-2013, 04:37 PM
This would be your characters second ride in an automated transport. (Ie vehicle)

Because the dimension is rather distant from the Nexus, you and Goldie actually pass through a few dimensions to get there. While the nexus stretches through all the dimensions, sometimes a direct path would be too hazardous.

On the way to the dimension, Goldie gives a little 'background' about the three 'spheres of influence' of which the Nexus is one. "Think of the Nexus as the neutral one. It is what maintains the primal balance between the other two. All three spheres stretch and are in all the other dimensions, though in some it is rather hard to get to, and some nobody at all can get to."

Goldie swerves to miss what looks like a rainbow colored crystalline lifeform. Sapputiyok could swear xe sees it wave in a friendly gesture, but the vehicle is moving so fast xe can't be sure. The next dimension you go into is both beautiful and frightening. It looks like a crystalline cloud, with 'columns' of rainbow colored 'tornadoes'. The vehicle is flying, but that does not seem to worry Goldie any.

"Then there is dimension 777, known to us in the Nexus as Utopia. The perfect blend of science and magic, and when the people there 'ascend' they become beings of pure energy. Until then, they are .. flawless. I mean that literally, their physical bodies are without flaw. Like our perception filter, every being in that universe becomes the perfect form for whatever species is looking at them. The most beautiful, desirable, and 'pure' being of that species. Some believe they are what Earth Prime saw as Angels. I can not say if that is true or not. Even their physical forms are truly immortal though. Can't be killed, do not die of old age. The only time one of them is 'lost' is when they become pure energy. Then a new one is 'born' and the cycle begins again."

As you enter the last dimension before your target dimension, it is pure ice..she has a bit of trouble controlling the vehicle, but somehow manages. "Which leads to what we call dimension 999. Otherwise known to us in the Nexus as Rutopia. Some of the beings from 777 were not..perfect. They chose science over magic, and it.. corrupted them. They are not quite as powerful as those in 777, but they can be just as alluring. They are what some think were the demons on Earth Prime. 777, 999, and the Nexus are the only dimensions that stretch to all other dimensions. The people of 777 are constantly trying to keep the beings of 999 from corrupting the other universes. BUT that is not to say all from 999 are bad, or all from 777 are good. No, sometimes the beings of 777 are way too strict, and sometimes the beings from 999 have helped other dimensions."

She comes to a stop near what looks like a volcano, in a dimension where it is snowing. "There is a reason I am telling you about these other two. Sometimes a 'runner' will enter either 777 or 999 to avoid us. Unless invited in, never ever go to either dimension. Let the runner go if need be." She looks up at the top of the mountain where a rather large fiery bird is circling, blazing fire as it goes. "We are here..since you are in training, I want you to tell me our next move."

Ghel
07-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Sapputiyok stares at the phoenix for a moment before responding. "The phoenix seems to be... possessed by the same void that summoned the bone beast. I suggest we approach carefully. Perhaps we should use the 'CO2' to cool the flames as we approach?"

"How will the heat affect you? I can put up a small field of cool air around us, if need be."

Mytical
07-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Goldie thinks. "Neither cold or hot really bother me, my skin is made of a magical metal..but I have a question."

Both of you are getting near the Phoenix. "If you can make the air cool around us..can you make the air colder around it, with a 'corridor' like toward there." She points to where the creature entered the dimension. "It is already snowing, and it can not be comfortable, so making it colder might just make it ready to move on."

Ghel
07-05-2013, 06:26 PM
"I will try." Sapputiyok concentrates on the area surrounding the phoenix.

((Goldie probably wouldn't be able to tell, but Sapputiyok is imagining a horizontal cylinder, with the temperature unaffected in the middle, and a layer around the cylinder and around one end with the tempurature lowered, but open on the end Goldie indicated. With a look of total concentration and effort, Sapputiyok slowly moves this "cup" of colder air in the direction Goldie indicated.))

Mytical
07-05-2013, 06:38 PM
It seems reluctant at first, its anger still lingering. However, finally the cold drives it toward the opening. As it starts to vanish, you see the vortexs disappear.

((Remember none of you yet know it is 'death', just a power that seems like a vortex))

A mental message of thanks comes to you, from the phoenix, and a cryptic message. "The shadow has noticed you young one, and it will not be pleased you helped me home. Please..be careful."

Ghel
07-05-2013, 07:17 PM
As soon as the phoenix disappears, Sapputiyok collapses to the ground, groaning in pain. Xe puts xer hands to xer face, pressing the heels of xer hands into xer eyes. Expecting Goldie to be concerned, Sapputiyok says, "I'll be fine. That took a lot of effort, though. My head hurts as if I stood next to the warning bell as it rang."

Sapputiyok takes a deep breath. "Did you hear what the phoenix said? Right before it disappeared?"

Mytical
07-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Goldie shakes her head no. "Whatever it said was meant for your ears only." Just as she was about to say more her IDP com goes off. "Go for Goldie" she says.

"Ok guys, this ones no training run. We have a runner not far from you, with a load of corn headed to dimension 328. Runners are bio-enhanced. Proceed with extreme caution."

It was Strongarm's voice, but Sapputiyok has an odd feeling about this communication. Something is wrong..it just a vague feeling though, nothing concrete to go on.

Ghel
07-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Sapputiyok doesn't voice xer misgivings about Strongarm's message. Instead xe says, "What is corn? What is dimension 328 like, and why are the runners headed there? Do you know?"

Mytical
07-08-2013, 04:48 AM
"It's easier to show and tell about corn." She whispers some strange words that the translator can not seem to translate and a couple of small images appear in front of you.

One image is of corn still in the fields waiting to be harvested, the next is corn on the cob, and the last is kernels of corn. "It is a food source. However, in dimension 328 it is highly volatile, able to produce large explosions. One of these," she points to a kernel "Can cause damage in a 5 mile radius. The people of 328 are at war with each other, so they will give just about anything for such weapons, especially because they are so easily concealed. The runner is probably a smuggler who wants to sell something cheap and plentiful in his or her home dimension for something expensive in his or her home dimension." She pauses. "I just can not figure out why Strongarm would send a trainee on such a risky mission. We even have to travel a little further then somebody who is in the Nexus. I am sure he has his reasons though." She looks unconvinced.

"Come, let us try to intercept these runners. If they make it to 328, it is only one dimension jump to 999. I'd rather not have to get permission to go into that place." She heads toward the vehicle.

Ghel
07-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Sapputiyok follows Goldie and gets into the vehicle. "Have you been to dimension 999 before? What's it like?"

Mytical
07-14-2013, 03:57 AM
Goldie has a look on her face that speaks volumes, and lets Sapputiyok know it may be best not to chase this question too far.

"Once. Imagine one vast city, covering the whole world. No plants, no animals, just building after building. Each reaching way into the sky. There are not that many actual people, but they grow whatever they need in bio vats. Then there are the prisons. This race can make you see and experience the absolute worse thing you can think of, at will. They are sadistic and vile. They ENJOY giving people pain."

You see a vehicle up ahead, and she flips the lights on. Must be whoever you are after. You are passing other dimensions, so this one he is headed toward must be difficult to get to.

You zoom past a wild west looking world, and a semi comes racing toward you and Goldie, trying to knock you from chasing the car. Goldie doesn't even flinch, and mutters some sort of spell, then flips a switch on the car. A shield goes up, and the semi just bounces over your vehicle when it smashes into some sort of shield. She calls it in, but does not give up the pursuit.

You catch up to the vehicle just as it is nearing the dimensional border. "We have to keep it away from that border. I've used up my magical energy protecting us from that Semi." She pushes a button and a nasty looking firearm drops down in your lap ((Sapputiyok)). Do whatever you have to to stop it. I will get as close as I can."

Meanwhile elsewhere at the Semi (Where Colt is)

It flips over a couple of times, but is built sturdy so it ends up on its tires and starts tearing through town trying to catch up with it's target.

Colt Walker is chasing down a fugitive on horseback, who is trying to lose him in town. He hears a monstrous roar behind him, and sees the semi. Finding it odd that nobody else seems to be aware of it, even if they are getting out of the way. The passenger side door opens, and a humanoid male jumps out. As he hits the ground, he transforms into some sort of humanoid canine halfbreed, all teeth and claws. The monster starts tearing everything apart that is in it's path, headed toward the bank. Probably figures with the IDP already busy, they can make some easy money.

As the beast nears Colt, the semi comes covers the other side of the street, there is nowhere to go, he is trapped. Another vehicle, this one is an all black transam with a skull painted on it's hood, comes just in time for somebody to grab him, and they crash through the bank door. An oriental female with short cropped hair, dressed in matrix style clothing. wearing sunglasses (like Neo wore) jumps out with a shotgun. "Come with me if you want to live!" she holds out her hand to Colt, just as the beast crashes through the wall, snarling.

Tyg3rW01f
07-14-2013, 08:02 PM
((Think modern day, just a bit more Wild West... ask him, he'll explain.))
Jorge Garalla had knocked off three banks in NYC, one in D.C., five in Chicago, and the Federal Territory Bank of Tombstone TWICE, then vanished into the ether five years before. When the FBI and the CIA had failed to find him (BIG surprise. Not!), the young mulatto thought himself safe. He had not counted on Colt "The Hound" Walker getting his case.

I can do the Impossible, Miracles take a few days. was the rawboned Tennessean's motto, and he stuck to it. Most thought Colt insane, but they never argued with his end results. The Hound had sniffed and hunted and scratched and fetched for Garalla's arse, now worth $500k to the bounty hunter who brought him in, and had tracked him down in San Jacinto just three weeks before.

Now, some Kelly Hu-wanna-be and a werewolf -of all damned things- had just run Garalla over with her "Mad Max the Road Warrior" International and was trying to order Colt around after bashing him through a wall, killing the best stud racehorse for nine states, and costing Colt five hundred large. Not happening; not today. From behind the transaction desk, Colt drew his rifle and put four three-round bursts into the beast's chest, tossing it onto its back. Then, removing himself from the lap of the prettiest young Navajo he'd ever had the pleasure of landing on, Colt aimed at the Matrix Woman.
"Well, as I highly doubt your Model 1887 (http://westernshootinghorse.com/jcontent/images/stories/WSH-Dec-Jan-2013/1887_T_Model.jpg) can out-shoot my L85 here, and you just cost me $500 large by running over MY skip, my answer is not only 'No' but--"

At that moment, the "werewolf-thing" got up, growled and braced to pounce!

Colt leaped over the desk, drew his pistol and emptied the 14-round magazine into the thing's chest as he tackled "Kelly Hu" into the truck. Not even looking at his surroundings, I'll figure out when Garalla slipped me the peyote later!, he shouted, "DRIVE, DAMN YOU!!" at the driver and reloaded.

Ghel
07-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Sapputiyok takes the firearm and leans out the window to aim at the vehicle xe and Goldie are chasing. A look of concentration shows on xer face as xe steadies the weapon. Sapputiyok "looks" with xer sixth sense, trying to find a weak spot on the vehicle. Finding one, xe shoots it.

Mytical
07-15-2013, 05:15 AM
Sapputiyok shot not only hit the mark, but at the impact xe felt a 'pull' on her powers from the weapon..and it sent the vehicle flipping several times into the air. Somehow the weapon can draw power from it's user, and amplify it's own.

Goldie pulls in right behind the overturned vehicle "Oooh, don't think anybody's getting up from that any time soon." She was wrong however. Two figures emerge, barely looking scratched. One transforms into a panther looking humanoid creature, the other into a cheetah humanoid creature. Goldie utters the first curse word Sapputiyok has ever heard from her ":censored: were creatures. So that is how they are enhanced." She looks at Sapputiyok "Fire or silver are the only things that will keep them down. They can be hurt, but not killed except by the fire or silver. I can't do silver, I can do fire. What trick do you have up your sleeve?"

Meanwhile the oriental female is surprised at the maneuver for about maybe 2 seconds. "Dump your worthless ammo" She slaps the dash and Colt sees all kinds of silver bullets in the glove compartment, even ones that will fit his weapon. "Only chance we have. I can't let that thing take this bank." She spins the vehicle around and says "Reaper, show 'em what you got." The vehicle starts driving backwards on its own, as she leans out the window firing her gun. The wolf is FAST though, and is managing to dodge her barrage. She curses colorfully, and the car does a 180 and she talks to 'Reaper' again..whoever and whatever Reaper is. "Reaper, can we do a merge with an extra person in you?"

To Colts surprise the car answers back. "Fraid not beautiful, don't worry I still got a few tricks!" Flame comes from its tail pipe, hitting the wolf, but only slowing it a little. "Dang what the heck they jacked up on?!" says 'Reaper'

Tyg3rW01f
07-15-2013, 05:53 PM
"Och, fer th' love o' Sent Paytar," ((Translated: For love of Saint Peter)) Colt shouted in an OBVIOUSLY FAKE Irish accent, reloading his rifle and pistol as he did so. Then, putting action to outburst, he began crawling over everyone to get out of the cab. With a laugh that could only be uttered by the mad... or the exceedingly desperate... he sticks two fingers in his mouth and whistles loudly and shrilly enough to match nails on slate.

"Hey UGLY!" The wolf looks around, as does the panther. "Why don't you drag your f-ugly pelts over here and take on a REAL fight?!"

You are going to get yourself killed, you know, his inner monologue noted.
He gave this retort, Shut up. If I pull this off like John Wayne and Clint Eastwood, I might get a chance with the pretty Navajo. What a figure, and she did pinch my butt.

Just then, the wolf took up the charge with a howl. Colt knew this trick, though. Charge in as a buddy does the same, the noisy one goes high and the quiet one goes low; classic knife-in-the-back.
He waited, then turned and jumped toward the leaping wolf. Right on cue, there was the panther, behind Colt. Three rounds of silver 5.56 NATO slammed through the panther's face, and blew its brains and the back of its skull all over "Reaper"s side panels. The wolf landed in the gore, only to receive nine rounds in the back. Colt kept sliding along the floor another foot from the slight recoil.

Ghel
07-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Sapputiyok starts climbing out of the vehicle and says to Goldie, "Use your fire. I'll--" Sapputiyok's words are cut short as the werecheetah trips xer, knocking xer to the ground. Sapputiyok sits up to see the cheetah turning around to charge at xer again. Xe scrambles to ready the firearm, shooting it as it nears. The recoil sends Sapputiyok flying backwards, and xe "grabs" hold of the ground to right xerself and land on xer feet.

Out of the corner of xer eye, Sapputiyok sees a fireball erupt in the vicinity of the panther. Xe keeps xer focus on the cheetah. It appears injured, but it is still moving. As it rises to its feet, Sapputiyok reaches out and grabs anything flammable xe can - bunches of dried grass, newspapers out of a vending machine, etc. - and heats them to make them burn as xe throws them at the cheetah. Xe lucks upon a half-full bottle of alcohol, which bursts into flame as it smashes at the cheetah's feet.

It barely slows the cheetah down. It rushes at Sapputiyok, who almost instinctively throws up a shield of protection. But it pushes right through it, bites down on xer shoulder, and throws xer at its vehicle. Sapputiyok "looks" around for other things to throw at it and "sees" a nice, full, gas tank in the vehicle. Xe rips the gascap off and feeds a stream of gasoline at the cheetah. The gas ignites as it hits the already flaming cheetah, which tries to run, but only makes it a few steps before being taken down by the flames. Sapputiyok watches as the cheetah's aura goes out.

Sapputiyok winces at the pain in xer shoulder as xe stands to help Goldie with the panther. Having survived the initial fireball, it is advancing on Goldie. Goldie is pulling off her gloves. The panther seems to take this as an invitation to fight, and it snarls as it pounces on her. Goldie rolls with the attack, flipping the panther onto its back on the street. Barely a second later, she is standing up from a gold statue of a panther. Sapputiyok still sees the panther's aura, but it is muted. Goldie retrieves her gloves.

Goldie sees the cheetah's body smoldering in the street. Sapputiyok says of it, "horrible way to die." Goldie frowns, "I've seen worse."

Tyg3rW01f
07-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Remembering the first time he'd shot either opponent, Colt waited for them to get back up, as he was not in a good position to fight. True, he'd just used up half a magazine of ammo that likely cost more than Garalla had been worth, ALIVE, but damn if Colt was going to lower his guard just yet.

Mytical
07-16-2013, 04:37 AM
Sapputiyok

Goldie is obviously exhausted from the effort put fort from the fireball and transforming the werecreature into a golden statue. Her magic must have limits, and that includes her 'golden touch'. Whatever arcane energy she had drawn on obviously depleted, she won't be able to draw off of any time soon.

Sapputiyok sees the 'vortex' appear near the bank that Colt and his mystery partner is. That can not be good.

Colt

Back at the Bank both of the were beasts start transforming back to their human counterparts, obviously quite dead. Colt sees something like a shadow pass over the wolf one however, just for a split second. The werewolf stops transforming, and reverts back to its werewolf state..and gets up, gaping holes still in its chest area. It is moving slower at least. It's eyes have a milk white film over them, and it is lurching as if its muscles are resisting movement.

Colts mystery partner says "What the FRELL?" She pumps its face full of silver, but the wounds heal almost instantly "What the bloody FRELL?!" As Colt is no longer in the vehicle she shouts. "Reaper! Merge!"

The vehicle shimmers, and seems to overlap the female. Soon it is a Mech looking like suit of armor. The beast rips into it, it's strength seemingly even greater then before, and a huge chunk is taken out of the Mech armor. It starts repairing, but it is going to take a little time.

Tyg3rW01f
07-16-2013, 05:07 AM
"Aw, s***." Colt scrambled to his feet. Looking around quickly, he noted the chunk ripped free of the mech slightly resembled a blade. Thinking on the run, he snatched up the piece of shrapnel and swung it like a huge blade, severing the beast's head and cutting into "Reaper" slightly.

Mytical
07-16-2013, 05:13 AM
The beast stumbles, stops..and picks up its head. It tries to reattach the head, but doesn't seem to have any luck. So it tucks it's head under its arm. At least now there is one arm taken away.

"We need fire, lots and lots of fire..what they frell is this thing!"

Tyg3rW01f
07-16-2013, 05:19 AM
Colt goes white as death as he watches this spectacle. "Oh... dear... Lord... We are so dead."

Mytical
07-16-2013, 05:33 PM
'Reaper' springs two gatling guns from it's 'arms'. It unleashes a barrage of silver ammo that rips into the werebeast. Chunks of flesh go flying from it, and its head is made into mush. When the firing stops, and the smoke clears..a huge skeletal figure still stands..but there is nothing left of it's head. Still it lumbers toward the two. "Friggin Frell! I just pumped enough silver into the thing to take down an army of them, how is it still moving? Better yet, how does it seem to know where we are?!"

Elsewhere

Goldie knows nothing about the vortex, gets in her vehicle, and fires a couple of missles, reducing the other vehicle to slag. "Should we head back to the town to see if our partners have cleared up the semi yet?"

Ghel
07-16-2013, 05:56 PM
"Yes. Let's go." Sapputiyok picks up the firearm and jumps back into the vehicle. "We should hurry. I sensed another one of those void - vortex things near the semi. Like I sensed when the bone beast arrived at my home. Our 'partners' may need help."

As they drive, Sapputiyok examines xer shoulder. ((I'm going to assume there's an (at least) modern first-aid kit in the vehicle and that first-aid was part of the training.)) Xe uncovers xer shoulder and sprays it with some liquid bandage to stop the bleeding. Xe moves and twists xer shoulder to make sure nothing's broken.

Mytical
07-16-2013, 06:10 PM
((Yes first aid would be covered, and there is a first aid kit. Now as for Goldy not paying attention to a wound..she is still getting used to 'flesh'. She doesn't get wounded ((well unless a chunk is taken out of her)), and still has no idea that people not made of metal can))

Sapputiyok develops a little headache, and suddenly 'sees' from the viewpoint of the werewolf that is near Colt. Xe can hear something like the pounding of drums, and feels like something is trying to pull her toward the drums. Xe gets snapped back to xer body, and realizes xe is snarling and xe has teeth and claws, for about a second and then they are as they should be.

Ghel
07-16-2013, 06:41 PM
((Sapputiyok would not be the type to complain about a wound, unless it was likely to interfere with xer duties.))

Sapputiyok glances at Goldie to see if she noticed xer momentary transformation. "I feel... a bit strange. Whatever enhancement those 'were creatures' had - is it catching?"

Mytical
07-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Goldie shakes her head "No, they were created in a lab, each strain would be specific to the individual.. one way to make sure though." She uses a device to scan you. "Trace elements, but you won't transform. Might have some other odd side affects however."

Within moments Goldie and Sapputiyok arrive outside the bank.

Ghel
07-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Between the use of xer powers and the momentary vision, Sapputiyok's head is pounding. However, xe pulls xerself together long enough to take stock of the situation. The semi is blocking the road, but xe senses two living auras in the armored person and the aura of a second person (Colt) in the middle of the bank. Xe takes note of the auras of other people cowering under desks or behind counters, but pays them little mind.

Sapputiyok rushed up to the opening the werewolf made in the wall of the bank, searching with xer mind to attempt to find whatever the vortex had summoned. When xe notices the skeletal werewolf, xe flashes back to xer earlier vision. That only stops xer for a second. Sapputiyok shakes xer head as if to clear it and "grabs" individual bones off the werewolf, flinging them in different directions.

((If Shem, Reaper, and Colt notice Sapputiyok, they see a bald, blue-skinned, androgynous humanoid standing in the hole in the wall. More description in the OT thread.))

Tyg3rW01f
07-17-2013, 12:08 AM
Colt sees the blue-skinned humanoid and just plain snaps.
The next few moments of activity from him involve a lot of swearing, a great deal of using various objects to smash and crush and break the bone-thing into teeny bits, and, finally, holding both the mecha-oriental and the blue-skin at gun-point.

"I DON"T GIVE ONE FLYING F*** WHO OR WHAT THE G******* HELL YOU THINK YOU ARE! FREEZE! YOU'RE ALL UNDER ARREST!!"

He was twitchy, and confused, and had just been pushed WAY too far out of the norm. (Even for him.) The muzzle of his auto-rifle pointed in Reaper's general direction, and the .45 pointed at the blue-thing. Everyone could see each vein and tendon in his neck, and every muscle in his forearms as well, and his breathing was ragged.

"One... wrong... move..." He didn't need to finish his thought; the order was lethally obvious.

Mytical
07-17-2013, 02:34 AM
Thankfully this one doesn't just shrink like the mammoth did. Sapputiyok is able to pull it apart. It stays down, in pieces.

Reaper chuckles as most conventional firearms are no threat to it, but Shem says "Relax, no need for that. Goldie, since I am in Reaper, show him the badge."

Goldie nods and slowly brings out her badge. Although it says IDP on it, there is no doubt it is authentic. "We too are police officers."

Tyg3rW01f
07-17-2013, 04:06 AM
Colt slowly lowered his weapons at the sight of the badge; it certainly LOOKED authentic enough.
Holstering his pistol and reattaching his rifle to its 3-point sling (http://www.dyehard.co.za/files/3_point_sling_quick3.jpg) (which allows him to carry the rifle like so (http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Tactical_Rifle_Slings_Jeff_Gurwitch_DefenseReview. com_DR_Picture_E.jpg) when shooting his pistol), he calmly looked Shem.
"I was chasing down Jorge Garalla, a rather notorious bank robber back East. Before your armor-suit/truck-thing turned him into bloodstains and roadkill, he was MY case, MY skip, and worth $500 thousand dollars. So. Whose bureaucratic ass am I gonna hafta insert my boot into for the money your Department now owes me? Hm?"

Mytical
07-17-2013, 04:34 AM
Goldie chuckles, and goes to a chair. She touches it, turning it into pure gold. "Money is of little interest to us. You can go to Strongarm if you feel you must" It's an obvious shot to him, seeing if he will raise to the bait. "Or, if you think you can handle more..dangerous bounties" she indicates the creatures. "You can go with Shem, and she will show you things that you've certainly never even dreamed of..let alone seen."

Goldie chuckles. "Now if you are afraid, and can't handle it, I can certainly reimburse you for your troubles. Then you can slink off to wherever you want. Your choice."

Ghel
07-17-2013, 11:51 AM
As the bone werewolf is destroyed, Sapputiyok slumps against the wall, wincing against the pain in xer left shoulder. Xer eyesight and xer sixth sense are blurry, xer head pounding with a giant migraine. Sapputiyok doesn't even have enough energy left to throw up a shield when the person points a firearm and starts yelling. Xe is relieved that Goldie handles it.

Sapputiyok examines the yelling man's aura briefly. Hardly more power than an average human. Xe dismisses him as insignificant, and xe slumps to the floor.

Tyg3rW01f
07-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Colt blinked, thought. "So, what you're telling me is you guys are not with Indian Defense Forces, nor the Indian Affairs Administration, and this whole incident wasn't some peyote-induced trip."

When they simply looked at him, Colt "the Hound" Walker considered his options. The last time he'd heard of a deal involving reimbursement and slinking off, Colt had lost, then found, an old high school flame in an abandoned warehouse in Deadwood after a two year search. Yeah, not on his dime.

"Last time I heard about an offer that involved such terms, somebody I knew as a kid got their throat sliced open from ear to ear. You admitting to your involvement in that case? Or are you guys trying to recruit me for some sort of Men In Black government agency?"

When the blueman slumped to the floor, Colt nodded in its direction. "Is Blue Man gonna be okay?"

Ghel
07-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Sapputiyok doesn't look up as xe responds, a hint of irritation in xer voice. "'Blue Man' will be fine. 'Blue man' just needs some rest to stop this aklark from chewing on my head." Sapputiyok presses a four-fingered hand against xer temple.

Mytical
07-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Shem unmerges with Reaper. "The Men in black wish they had the resources, tech, and power we have at their disposal. This is way beyond anything you have ever encountered. Our blue friend over there would be testament to that. We don't have all week, however, so if you can't handle it fine. Just say so now. Otherwise, its down the rabbit hole we go."

Tyg3rW01f
07-17-2013, 06:14 PM
"You mentioned bounties. I do those. I find things, too. And trust me, I do the Impossible; Miracles, on the other hand, take a few days."

Colt looked at his two trusty friends, the rifle and his pistol, considered. "Hell, the government has been badgering me to do more for them lately... If I'm in, I want some better firepower, please."

Mytical
07-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Goldie grins "That we can do." She opens a portal. "Shall we?"

Shem looks at Sapputiyok "We will get you looked at once we are in the Nexus."

((Remember Colt will see the Nexus as he expects to see it))

Ghel
07-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Sapputiyok nods at Shem and rises unsteadily to xer feet to follow the others through the portal.

Tyg3rW01f
07-18-2013, 03:16 AM
Colt blinked, "Nexus? What's a--" He paused and reconsidered. "Know what? Forget I asked."

Stepping through, however, he walked into the midst of a M.A.S.H. camp (http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/mash-season-2-camp.jpg). Even more disturbing was the fact the signpost (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7Yug4BCXdlE/S4rNfp9oySI/AAAAAAAAAA0/8isctTVw_J0/S692/mash-site.jpg) even looked like the one from the TV show.
"The frack is 317," he asked no one in particular. "Zero-Zero-One? 999? 777?! The frell am I?!"

Mytical
07-18-2013, 04:27 AM
If he thought the look was unusual, the inhabitants were even more so. A two headed giant, well over 20' tall lumbers past, something that resembles a Leprechaun is talking to a hologram, filling out a report. A female with leathery bat wings (and very little of anything else on) takes a break at the water cooler, her pointed tail swishing back and forth. Finally they all make it to Strongarm's room.

Shem takes Sapputiyok to the medical lab to be looked at. They tell xer that the bioenhancer has done SOMETHING to xer, but xe will not turn into a were creature. They are not sure exactly what it has done, but at least for the most part xhe will not be sprouting fur at least. Xe has a mandatory week rest just to make sure nothing too funky happens, so xe can scout around the Nexus..ask questions and the like. They also treat the wound, and it will be fine in no time.

Meanwhile back at Strongarm's office Colt pretty much is told the same as Sapputiyok was, then asked if there are any questions.

Tyg3rW01f
07-18-2013, 05:56 AM
Colt blinks at the huge man. "Three questions before I hit ya between the eyes with the major one. One: Do I get a badge? Two: Where's the Armory; I need heavier-hitting weapons. And three: May I train with Shem?"
He grins at her protest, then comes out with the jaw-dropper. "What is it you need found? You folks wouldn't have found or brought me here if you didn't know I can find damn near anything."

Mytical
07-18-2013, 06:05 AM
Strongarm chuckles heartily. "Well to be honest we know nothing about you, except that you are one of the rare people who can see what is really there, not what they want to see. You may indeed train with Shem..are you sure you would not like to meet a few more choices however? As for the Armory..watch." He says "Armory" and the whole group is now standing in the Armory. Just about any conventional weapon is there, as well as some laser weapons, one of the weapons that uses the owners power to enhance itself, and photon weapons.

Tyg3rW01f
07-18-2013, 06:22 AM
Colt's jaw goes slack. "Holy leapin' chuppacabra..."

Ghel
07-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Sapputiyok spends the first day of recuperation in xer room, pretty much just staring at the ceiling and thinking.

((There's more I want to have Sapputiyok do, but I'll let Colt's story progress at least past the first day before posting it. :) ))

Tyg3rW01f
07-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Into the area walked a centaur carrying a huge weapon (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9VIuklVGS_I/UNRhL0AlbBI/AAAAAAAAY1M/RaAKyj_i8nQ/s400/AVENGERS2_DESTROYER_COULSON_ALIEN-TECH_.jpg). "Strongarm! For the love of all you consider holy, will you just use the door like I have asked a hundred times? Anyhow, it's repaired, but even I can't figure out what it does."

Colt walked up and asked, "May I?"

Confused and surprised, the centaur gave the weapon over and watched closely. Colt followed old safety protocols, but the device had to have been designed for an Earthling, as when the bounty hunter gripped both hadles for stability, the weapon began to hum.

"Wait! Don't hold it like--!" The Centaur began, but it was too late.

SHOOM!! Colt and the weapon were flung through a wall, and a three foot chunk of the opposite wall vanished.

The centaur blinked, "So that's what it does."

Shem looked at him. "Phil, did you really need to just hand it to him?!"

"Woohoo! OH YEAH!! Now THAT's what I'm TALKING about!" Colt staggered back into the room, and whooped in jubilation. "Got any of these in smaller sizes?!"

Over the next few days, many inhabitants of the Nexus thought Colt's power was Flight, as many of them saw him being flung through the air by the blast recoil of his new photon pistol (http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u215/LK-13/FIREARMS/060501_44automag.jpg) and photon rifle (http://download.halowaypoint.com/content/waypoint/assets/images/a2180d97b5834b5393a4c2f4b5940bf8/2820838-gallery.png). Finally, Colt was used to the recoil and was no longer being thrown about everywhere. Then, things got interesting.

One of the number-crunchers in the IDF lost their favorite datapad and, after a fruitless while, voiced their woes in Colt's hearing. Colt took up "the case" and within a while and a half, found the datapad in the Core, where the cruncher had momentarily forgotten working. Strongarm lost items, which were found by Colt. Other folks saw this pattern and began testing Colt's ability/skillset/talent. He found every object, every time.

Some people also noticed Colt seemed to habitually spend time in the Mech-Lounge, "Just Looking" at the mechs, and their tech. Kat (http://gamingdead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/HaloReach-Kat2.jpg), from Dimension 9406 (http://www.gameranx.com/images/wallpapers/12813358389.jpg), voiced this to Strongarm.
"The 'Flying Finder' ((the early nick for Colt)) is spending a good deal of time ogling the mechs, Boss. Maybe we should try and sync our resident 'Hound' with one?"

Ghel
07-18-2013, 07:28 PM
During the second day of recuperation, Sapputiyok decides to talk to the Nexus. The Nexus manifests as a floating orb of light. Sapputiyok paces as xe describes what xe sensed of the void/vortex before the mammoth appeared, in the phoenix, and at the bank before seeing the skeletal werewolf. Then xe says, "and just before the phoenix crossed back to its own dimension, it told me that 'the shadow' had noticed me, and to be careful. Do you know what any of this means, or how I could find out?"

Mytical
07-18-2013, 07:37 PM
The Nexus answers "There are many shadows. Any of which the creature may have been talking about. The core would know. Seek your answers there, but remember not to stay too long..the core is not good for mortal creatures sanity"

As for Colt, he is still in training. Shem cautions him "You will have to stop shooting that weapon. Remember that it is not easily stopped..and just because there is nothing between you and a wall, does not mean there is nothing behind it..or out of your line of sight"

Ghel
07-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Both concerned and curious, Sapputiyok seeks out the core in the hopes of finding some answers.

Tyg3rW01f
07-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Colt looks at Shem and nods. "I was using the firing range this Nexus was generating. I know better than to fire indiscriminately. I also found out these weapons actually have settings, too. Kinda reminds me of the phasers in the show Star Trek: The Next Generation back home."

He sighed wistfully as Kat walked past in her armor. "Wish I had one of those suits," he muttered under his breath. Then he looked at Shem and carefully asked, "Anyone ever tell you that you're a striking woman?"

Mytical
07-19-2013, 04:57 AM
She shrugs. "Plenty. My bond with Reaper has some..unfortunate side effects however." She doesn't go into detail. "Now, you have expressed interest in a Mech suit. Lets get you fitted for one, however, I must warn you..what you gain in firepower and armor..you lose in agility and speed. Also, you will have to use the Mech suits weapons instead of your new toy. Now the one we have for you still uses Photon weapons..but there are two designs. Heavy armor, with heavy weapons..or light armor with lighter weapons. You won't lose near as much movement with the lighter version. Which are you interested in? Of course...I could always introduce you to Steel." She seems to chuckle at that thought.

The Core

The core is .. different. It does not change to fit the persons view of it. A 1000' tall crystal floats in the middle of the room, and countless shards float around it. In each shard you can see images of different dimensions. Only minute pieces of the dimensions however. The Core can not communicate with words, instead showing images to anybody who wants to see what is what.

When Sapputiyok asks about the Phoenix's warning..something odd happens. ((This will only happen in the presence of the core)). Xe sees images of thousands of dimensions flicking by, and scenes of death and destruction in each. Over the battlefields she sees a shadowy figure, and knows it is death..how she knows it is a mystery. With each death the figure grows stronger, and it is reaching more and more dimensions. Sending creatures and things across dimensions, to feed it's hunger. It's not interested in wealth, or trade. It's sole interest is to cause as much wide spread death as it can, to grow stronger. If it is left unchecked..it will consume the multiverse, and nothing living will remain.

Tyg3rW01f
07-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Colt gave Shem a narrow-eyed sideways glance. "Why do I get a bad feeling when you mention this 'Steel'?"

He thought for a moment, then shrugged, "I wouldn't mind getting a good look at my options? I mean, what's the worst that could happen to me? I get killed by the suit?"

Mytical
07-19-2013, 05:26 PM
"Oh you don't have to worry about Steel..in fact it might be the most flexible armor we have..but Steel has it's own mind...and it can be hard to get used to it."

She introduces you to Steel. Which is a round sphere. "Hello my name is Steel, I am a self aware adaption armor. I have several forms that I can take, but I can only do so one at a time..and there is no mixing and matching. They are Strength, Maneuverability, Flight, Aquatic, and normal modes. Normal you will barely notice me there. I will still offer protection, though not as much as in my strength mode, but I am as light as wearing normal street clothing."

Of course I've mentioned the other options.

Ghel
07-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Sapputiyok leaves the core overwhelmed. Xe tells the Nexus, "Strongarm," and finds xerself at the door to his office.

Strongarm offers Sapputiyok a seat, and xe recaps xer experiences with sensing the "void," the message from the phoenix, then asking the Nexus and the core, about it. Finally, xe describes what the core showed xer. "It is death. Every death near it makes it stronger. It crosses the dimensions to cause more death and make itself stronger. We need to find a way to stop it, before there's nothing living left."

Tyg3rW01f
07-20-2013, 12:45 AM
The tone of his voice strongly indicating he was being honest with the sentient sphere, Colt nodded, "I'll keep that in mind, Steel. I'm going to investigate the... abundance... of options, first."

Jacks-of-all-trades are not always the worst choice; sometimes they are the only logical choice, Son, Colt's father had told him ten years before.

Colt looked at Shem. "You mentioned a photon weapon suit in light and heavy styles? While I like Steel's adaptability, and that will factor in my decision, I would still like to investigate the options available, please."

Colt hadn't quite made the fact his dimension still greatly valued courtesy a point of conversation; he didn't need to. It colored nearly everything he'd done here. He'd apologized to folks he'd flown into, he'd tipped his boonie hat to those who were obviously female, or had identified themselves as such, he called Strongarm "Sir", constantly.

Even now, he was being polite to both Shem and Steel, while keeping his investigative mind working. Even if he chose a suit over Steel, or vice versa, it would not be a snap decision; it would be one made with great and careful consideration.

Mytical
07-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Shem shows you the light option (the best of which is the one you suggested..without augmentation however). She also shows you the heavy options.

http://www.solaris7.com/TRO/HTMLBattleMech/BattlemechInfo.asp?ID=12125

http://www.wallmay.net/Art_and_Technology/Artwork/soldiers_guns_futuristic_mech_mecha_weapons_armor_ digital_art_concept_art_science_fiction_artwork_ar _21525

http://i.imgur.com/BFIRd.jpg

All have photon options. The larger mechs of course pack more of a punch, but definitely have limited maneuverability.

You also meet the Mech mechanic. One N'til (pronounced Until with a silent U) "Gadget" Mrhener (pronounced Mer hen er)

A better clothed Succubi (http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_succubus_large.jpg) ((Safe for work, barely)).

Strongarm's office
Strongarm seems to think for some time. "It's never happened before, but around here the impossible is an hourly event. Ok, I want you and Goldie to look into it. I'll have Derrick on standby just in case. I just don't know if any of us can handle this, heck I don't know if ALL of us can handle it. Death is a force of nature..I have no clue how to stop it. Be careful."

He leans in "One more thing, be wary who you trust. Anybody who has died and came back..death might be able to impersonate. That includes me and Derrick. Goldie is safe, she has never died, but since our heavy hitters have all died at least once...just take care of yourself."

Tyg3rW01f
07-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Colt considered his options. True, he could see himself in the light armor, but it was a static design; the others were also static, but they packed a punch... and they were as big as a blue whale.

He tipped his hat to Gadget then asked, "Okay, I think I have my mind made up on which of the suits to take, but which would you suggest?"

She blinked, "I'd wear the torso suit, but with wings..."

Colt nodded, then walked over to Shem. "Okay, I have made up my mind." With that, he walked over to Steel. "Okay, so how do I put you on?"

Mytical
07-22-2013, 04:21 AM
Strongarm's Office

As Sapputiyok ponders the next move, a figure in a hood and cloak enters the room. Strongarm seems surprised, but seems to recognize the figure.

"Dawn? I didn't expect you." His tone is almost fatherly, but there is also a bit of reverence in it.

"They have contacted me, I have come to ask for aid." The voice is musical, beautiful.

"What??!" Strongarm is almost instantly on his feet. "I'll alert everybody, I'll send the whole department if needed..but if they can't handle something how .. how could we?"

"Not you, or the department.." she looks at Sapputiyok "Her, and the one they call Colt. Only they may cross."

Strongarm looks at her in bewilderment, but sits and sighs. "If they choose to." He turns to Sapputiyok "Looks like you have just been invited to go to dimension seven hundred and seventy seven. If you wish to that is."

In the Mech Lab

Steel says "Just touch me and I will do the rest. To change forms all you have to do is say which form you want out loud. I will start out in normal mode."

Over the com Colt hears "Officer Colt to Strongarm's office please."

Ghel
07-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Sapputiyok seems amazed by Strongarm's statement that he has died at some point, since he seems very much alive now. But before xe is able to ask further questions, the cloaked stranger enters the room. Xe frowns, listening to the conversation between Dawn and Strongarm. Sapputiyok doesn't correct Dawn's misgendering of xer, mostly since xe still has only a vague concept of gender.

Sapputiyok addressed the cloaked newcomer. "Why me?" And then with a hint of contempt, "Why Colt? What could we possibly do to help a group of perfect beings?"

Mytical
07-22-2013, 04:33 PM
The figure turns to Sapputiyok. "Hardly perfect. Though our physical forms are seen as the perfect physical specimens of whatever race views us..we have our flaws. One of which is, we have never experienced death before. Yesterday..one of us died. You have been touched by something even beyond our ability to understand..and not by the entity known as death. I believe death fears you, and I believe it is right to do so. Which is why we need your help, and the help of the one called Colt..as he too has been touched."

Tyg3rW01f
07-22-2013, 04:55 PM
"Holy cartwheelin' chupacabra, that's COLD!!"
Colt's yelp could be heard across half the Nexus as Steel "did the rest".
When he came into Strongarm's office, he was breathing like a man being touched with a cold stethoscope, and his normal armor vest and combat shirt had been replaced with an amored chestplate (http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/196/f/f/Mass_Effect_2_N7_Armor_Day_4_by_Evil_FX.jpg).
"Officers Colt Walker, and Steel, report as ordered, Sir." Colt said in more of a breathless question than a confident response.

Mytical
07-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Strongarm and Dawn fill Colt in, giving him the option to not go if he does not wish. Strongarm looks at both of you "I won't order you to go. I won't lie either, you might face the most danger you ever faced."

Ghel
07-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Sapputiyok paces while Strongarm and Dawn catch Colt up on the conversation.

Xe says to Dawn, "I want to hear more. I will help you, if I can." Xe doesn't appear to be confident that xe can help, but sincere in the desire to help.

Tyg3rW01f
07-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Colt nods, trying to keep from staring at Dawn (http://car-addicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/danica-patrick-topless.jpg), "I'm game, Sir. Ma'am. But, what makes me so special? Yes, I'm crude compared to her," he gestured to Sapputiyok. "But I find things and or people for a living. Well, I used to."

Mytical
07-23-2013, 05:05 AM
Dawn nods "We need your gift to find whoever, or whatever caused the death of our brother." She pauses, and looks at Strongarm.

He nods "It's as good a term as any Dawn." He addresses both of you. "They consider each other like brothers and sisters in a biblical way, not a biological one. Ok, two first class tickets to Dawn's dimension." He leans in close and you see a sort of fire in his eyes. "You two, you are authorized to use whatever means and force necessary. Don't worry about using kid gloves here. Remember you are guests, but do not let anybody..at all..impede your progress." He turns to Sapputiyok the fire gone just as quickly as it come. "I believe we owe you an apology. We've been using a female pronoun, when I am not sure either male or female fits. Is there a pronoun you would prefer to be called by?" ((By now she would be aware of what he means))

Ghel
07-23-2013, 01:15 PM
"I'm not sure if or how the Nexus will translate it, but the pronoun my people use to refer to each other is 'xe.' Or 'xer' if it's something belonging to that person. For example, 'on xer own.'"

Tyg3rW01f
07-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Colt clicked his jaw shut, and thought. "Ah, Sapputiyok,what of titular terms? Like, 'Sir', 'Ma'am', 'Miss', 'Mis.'?"

Ghel
07-23-2013, 02:21 PM
"I'm not certain the Nexus is translating the full meaning of those. I hear 'officer,' 'caretaker,' 'young one,' and 'honored one.' My people usually use titles that relate to jobs or status. I was commonly called 'guard' when I was working, and the merchant I worked for was most often called 'merchant' or 'honored merchant.' One customer called xer 'most honored seller of beautiful trinkets.'" Sapputiyok lets out a small laugh at the memory.

Mytical
07-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Dawn seems to be taking it all in, listening to the conversation. "I hope I did not offend. Please forgive me if I have. Time is growing short, however." She holds up her hand and a shining golden portal opens. "My people do not know how to treat a 'crime scene', I fear it may be corrupted if we are too long. I will leave the portal open for one hour Nexus time, and I will go make sure to guard the scene." She bows and is through the portal.

((For those who chose to go through the portal))

You are in one of the most beautiful cities you have ever seen. The architecture, how clean it is, and there is no normal hustle and bustle of a busy city. It does seem you are expected though, for everybody is wearing a similar outfit like Dawn.

Two things strike you immediately. First, there seems to be no children. Or at least not unless their children are tall. Second, if this is Utopia..where is the gardens and such?

((You learn if you go far enough that you are on a flying city. The world below is also breathtakingly beautiful..even if it seems a bit wild. They do not build on the world, or use any of its resources..they have moved way beyond the need for that))

Ghel
07-23-2013, 06:33 PM
After Dawn walks through the portal, Sapputiyok addresses Strongarm and Colt: "I don't know if I can trust anyone who hides their appearance so completely."

Tyg3rW01f
07-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Colt smiles and gently places a reassuring hand on xer shoulder. "Good. Then trust your gut-instincts and don't. I'm not certain Dawn isn't the perpetrator." With that, he was through the portal. On the other side, he looked around.

"Huh," he scoffed. "Pretty, I'll give these folks that; they simply forgot one thing: flying cars. Steel, you still okay with workin' with me?"

Mytical
07-24-2013, 05:32 AM
Strongarm nods. "I certainly can understand that. I will tell you that if you ask she will remove the hood and cloak. Believe it or not, she wears it for your and Colt's sake. As will the others. All you will have to do is ask them not to."

He leans in and sort of grins. "I don't think they will affect you as much as they fear, but understand they are not use to androgynous species. Whenever somebody looks at them, they are use to the person desiring them..almost worshiping them. They do not want this to stop either of you from doing your job."

Utopia

Steel answers in Colt's mind. "I am fine with working with you. Been sitting on a shelf because people normally are not comfortable sharing a body with an artificial intelligence."

Ghel
07-24-2013, 11:25 AM
(This first bit is slightly out of order.) When Colt puts his hand on xer shoulder, Sapputiyok flinches slightly and scowls at him, but doesn't say anything.

Sapputiyok considers Strongarm's words. "Just because my people are not split into two genders like yours, it does not mean that we don't feel desire. If what Goldie said was right and they appear to me as one of my people, I expect they'll have the same effect on me. In any case, I will do my best to help them, if I am able."

Sapputiyok steps through the portal. Xer eyes go wide as xe marvels at the beautiful architecture. Then xe frowns slightly at the cloaked and hooded people. Sapputiyok catches up to Colt and says to him, "Don't touch me without permission."

Mytical
07-24-2013, 04:06 PM
The scene of the death

Dawn was able to secure the spot without much problem. The body is laying at a strange angle, but otherwise there seems no sign of injury or trauma. When the two of you arrive on scene, you both notice something at the same time. The body's chest is still moving as if it is still breathing. No other signs of movement, however.

Since this body is uncovered ((They wouldn't walk around normally with cloaks and hoods on)), both of you see a Utopian for the first time since you arrived. Both of you see different things, however.

Colt sees the figure as our typical angel, perfect features and with wings. Sapputiyok sees one of xer own species ((Still with wings however)), a perfect physical specimen and the figure would appear just as androgynous as xer own people.

When they see the body, it becomes apparent why the others have cloaked themselves. You get the strong feeling that if this figure were alive and told you to do something it would be very difficult to say no.

Ghel
07-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Seeing the corpse's chest movement, Sapputiyok opens xer sixth sense to see if it shows a dead body. And if so, to see what is causing the chest movement, as well as any indications of cause of death.

Tyg3rW01f
07-24-2013, 10:40 PM
After acknowledging Sapputiyok's order, Colt approaches the body slowly, bobbing and weaving a little, trying to get a good eye on things. Once about eight feet from the body, he extends a hand toward Sapputiyok to stop her from coming closer.
"Don't approach just yet, Miz. Tell me what you see." So saying, he kneels and looks slowly about, judging, appraising. Calculating. After a few minutes, he stood and nudged the body with his foot.

When no response was forthcoming, he gestured Sapputiyok forward. As she came forward, Colt began running his hands over the body, probing. "Why is the chest moving?"

Mytical
07-25-2013, 04:40 AM
Sight beyond Sight ((cookies for reference :D))

As Colt examines the body, Sapputiyok notices quite a few things. With xer special sight, the body looks a lot less..perfect. In fact it looks as if this being fell from a great height. The perception filter was making it so that the wounds were hidden, even after death. Something, however, is quite alive. The glow of its power is weak, but it resembles a giant sized ring worm in the chest of the individual. It couldn't have caused the wounds, especially that much damage, but it is certainly alive. If it had been in the body during the fall, chances are it would have not survived. It starts wriggling as if it senses a potential host. By Sapputiyok estimate she has about a second, maybe two before Colt gets a face full of whatever it is.

Tyg3rW01f
07-25-2013, 04:57 AM
Colt had enough time to register the change of movement before the worm-like thing exploded out of the dead body, Aliens style (http://www.sauceforthoughts.dreamhosters.com/wp/home/.mashenka/edwardlcohen/sauceforthoughts.dreamhosters.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Alien.jpg). Steel, however, got the worst of the assault, taking rows of sharp teeth (http://www.cnsweb.org/extra/digestvertebrates/Photos/LampreyPacificMouth%20CL04_1c.jpg) full-on.

Colt recovered quickly and tried to keep the thing from biting him, but it was slick with gore. "STEEL!! GRAPPLING would be good right about now! PLEASE?!"

Mytical
07-25-2013, 05:07 AM
Steel answers "On it!" Suddenly for a split second you are on your own as he changes, but then you are covered in head to toe with a rather large suit of armor. "This is my strength mode." You find your strength amplified by about 20 times normal, and since your head is also covered the creature can not penetrate the suit of armor.

((Looks something like This (http://hdwpapers.com/max_steel_hd_wallpaper-wallpapers.html) ))

Ghel
07-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Sapputiyok yells out "Stay back!" Xe reaches out with xer gift and grabs hold of the worm. ((Which should be fairly easy, if its aura is fairly weak.)) Xe lifts its squirming body into the air, holding it away from potential hosts. "I've got it! What is this thing?" Sapputiyok looks at it with disgust.

Mytical
07-25-2013, 05:54 PM
((First what else Sapputiyok vision shows Xer after the hubbub dies off))

Utopia is like the Nexus, there is power everywhere. Unlike the Nexus, however, the 'light' though much stronger, is a 'soft light'. It does not overwhelm the senses.

The same goes for the figures gathered around. They are VERY powerful, but their light does not overwhelm xer senses. Like the area around xer, it is a soft glow, not harsh like the Nexus. What Sapputiyok finds interesting is, however, that all of the technology (including buildings, watches, etc) also give off a light. Everything is registering as at least partially organic. It appears as if Utopians use an organic based technology.

The Worm

Dawn says "Chaos worm. They are native to the world below, but never has one been on one of our cities, let alone in one of our people. They are symbiotic, and do not kill hosts, sometimes even enhancing a host..and are not normally aggressive."

Tyg3rW01f
07-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Colt, still watching the creep-tastic thing, stands.
"Dawn, I think we just proved you wrong as a jackrabbit eating a coyote. Miz Sapputiyok, please... even half a second's warning would be nice, next time."
He sighed, then looked back at his partner.
"I'm sorry I touched you without your permission, but in my dimension --at least-- physical touch is... Physical touch is commonplace."
While Sapputiyok remained silent, Colt said quietly, "Steel, sorry about those teeth, but thank you for saving me."

Ghel
07-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Sapputiyok opens xer mouth as if to repond to either Dawn or Colt, but suddenly stumbles, hunching over as if in pain. Xer concentration broken, xe drops the chaos worm, which lands on the ground next to the corpse. The natives step back from the worm as it wriggles on the ground. After only a few seconds, Sapputiyok gasps and looks about, as if uncertain of where xe is. Seeing the chaos worm on the ground, xe grabs it and holds it aloft again.

"I apologize. I saw... something. Something attacked him" (indicating the corpse) "while he was flying. I don't know what it was." Sapputiyok examines the chaos worm and the corpse closely, searching for signs of the "void" xe has sensed previously.

Mytical
07-25-2013, 07:17 PM
No signs of the vortex, and the gadget that tells you if the dimensions were crossed illegally is not showing that anything has come through. So..whatever or whoever it was is native.

Steel
"No problem, we are a team."

Worm

One of the Utopians manage to get a container and puts the worm in the container. Sapputiyok does not detect any more Chaos worms nearby, but would be unsure if the Utopian power glow would hide the Chaos Worms if they were hosting in a Utopian.
With xer vision of what happened to the corpse it is clear that straight up would be the crime scene. Which means not much is going to be able to be learned there. Hard to find evidence in mid air after all.

Which means tracking the culprit would be up to Colt, seeing as it would be in the 'impossible' zone.

Ghel
07-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Sapputiyok glances at Dawn and says, "Can you see him as he truly is?" While waiting for the answer, xe walks around to the body's head and gently turns him (with xer powers, not phyically touching him) so the back of his head is showing. "Do you have any idea what could have caused this wound?"

Mytical
07-25-2013, 08:39 PM
Dawn nods when asked if she can see him as he truly is. When you show her the wound, she looks confused. "Looks like a Dahhawk, but how in the world could one kill one of us? It wouldn't be able to surprise him, and if it didn't his tech should have easily protected him from it. Nothing is making sense. A normally passive worm made aggressive, and how does a Dahhawk surprise one of our kind?"

Tyg3rW01f
07-25-2013, 09:17 PM
"Normal mode, please, Steel." After a second, Colt nodded to Sapputiyok and Dawn, then examined the body.

"Okay..." He came to a decision and stood. "Dawn, I'm not an expert on medical-stuff, but I need a clean room with a table, waist-height, for an autopsy. I need this body transported there without... damaging... it. What in the name of all your species considers holy is a Dahhawk, and if Sapputiyok can see any wounds, I'm gonna need SOMEBODY to drop the damn fae-glamour on the body!!"

Ghel
07-26-2013, 02:09 AM
"I don't know what more you'll learn, but I can carry... the body if you need." Sapputiyok looks at Dawn. "I'm sorry. What was his name?"

Tyg3rW01f
07-26-2013, 03:44 AM
"I'm not being cold, I'm being objective, Sapputiyok. An autopsy would at least tell me how this being died, and under what circumstances. Standard Operational Procedure in my dimension. The dead tell their own tales."

Mytical
07-26-2013, 05:04 AM
Dawn answers "If we knew how to drop whatever it is that causes other species to view us as they do, we would. Sapputiyok may have to do the examination, since we can not. As for transportation and the rest..." she taps something on her wrist, and all of you are transported (not far from the crime scene) to a room that would do for an autopsy, and with a few more taps all the items needed for one show up. "His name translates to Spirit Walker."

She pauses, then gathers herself "I am one of the very few who has seen death before, as I have been outside our dimension. He was as close to a 'holy man' to us as one could get. Even among my kind which are considered the most caring, compassionate, and good.. he was one of the best of us."

After gathering herself a little more. "A Dahhawk is..." she taps something on her wrist and you see a hologram of something that looks like the combination of a griffin and a buzzard..it's a nice size also. Very hard to miss. "that. There is one more piece of information I need to give you. I am considered a suspect by my people, as I have been 'outside' of Utopia. Since I have experienced 'evil' first hand, I am one of the few considered capable of it. Which is why I brought an outside agency in. To prove my innocence."

Ghel
07-26-2013, 11:36 AM
"We will do what we can. You said there was some sort of tech that should have protected him? Can you describe it, or show us?"

Tyg3rW01f
07-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Having watched far too many police/who-dunnit shows, and seen more autopsies than he had any real reason to, Colt picked up what he figured was a scalpel and looked oddly at the body.

"Okay... no wounds on the body, even though the three of us saw, and I and my partner, Steel," he tapped his 'armor vest' with a genuine fondness, "experienced first-hand, the Chaos Worm exploding out of Mister Spirit Walker's chest. Okay."

"You ever examine a body in this manner?"

Colt looked up to the innocent question. "Never performed one, but I've seen enough of them done that I think I could do one that might show us a few more clues. Maybe."

He shrugged, then started attempting to cut a Y-incision. "This would be so buggering much easier if I could see things as Sapputiyok does."

He got to about where the navel on a human would be and stopped, keeping his hand in the cut. "Oops. I need a recording device for notes. Please?"

Ghel
07-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Sapputiyok looks a little ill as Colt cuts into the body. Xe seems unable to speak as xe stares at the incision. Looking like xe might vomit, Sapputiyok turns away from Colt and the body, closing xer eyes and closing off xer sixth sense.

After a moment, Sapputiyok turns back to Colt. "Pardon me, it's just that... you TOUCHED him." Sapputiyok looks at Colt's hands on the body with revulsion. Xe sees the look of shock on Colt's face and xe looks away, embarrassed. "I'm... I'm sorry. I should explain." Xe crosses xer arms and begins to pace.

"Among my people, touching is reserved almost exclusively for immediate family and... lovers. The only exceptions are emergencies and the offering of hands to a superior. It is not unusual for a superior to refuse the offer of hands, since taking a lower class person's hands is often viewed as bringing the superior down to their level. Touching without consent is an insult of the highest order. If you touch someone who is your superior, you are saying you don't recognize their higher standing, that they are equal to you. If you touch someone who is of lower class, you will be viewed by your peers to have lowered yourself. And the lower-class person you touched could be subject to punishments, in order to bring your standing back to where it was.

"Those who deal with the dead are not simply the lowest class - they are outcasts. They live on the edges of society, avoided unless they are needed. By touching Spirit Walker's body, even more by cutting into him, you would be marking yourself as untouchable. I know that your society doesn't view it this way, but please remember that it's hard for me to overcome the views I was raised with."

Tyg3rW01f
07-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Colt "the Hound" Walker looked up at this explanation. Even as he kept his hand on the deceased husk of what had once held Spirit Walker, Colt nodded.

"I'm sorry, Sapputiyok. I... Really, I am. I didn't stop to consider that the myriad races of the different dimensions had different values, castes, ethics, morals, what have you. I thought... Hell, what's it matter what I thought; I brought with me what values and customs I know, forced more than one on you, and expected you to put up with it.
"Don't think for one moment my own think of me very highly. They don't. I'm the office joke; yeah, I get the last laugh, but no one takes me seriously. Hunting bounties is dirty, ugly, low-class work, and unless you manage to snag a really really high-profile case, you barely subsist. Ya wanna brand me an outcast, fine. That's normally a step up for me.
"I'm crude, I'm vulgar, I'm an insult --even to my own!-- but we have a job to do, and this is the only way I know to proceed with no approximation of anything even close to the authorities and Standards of Operational Procedure I recognize.
"I don't have whatever gifts you do, I'm just a fallible human being, not some perfect or highly advanced being from another dimension and, for all I know, from another galaxy. This... medically examining a deceased body, is the best way my dimension knows to determine cause of death, state of physical being, and based on certain physical cues I won't burden you with, provide clues to mental state.
"I'm sorry I didn't stop to ask more on your -what I interpreted as such- aversion to being touched. I'm sorry I'm forcing you to be party to something your kind cannot fathom or allow, but I'm not you. I don't have telepathy, or The Sight (as the mystics in my realm call it), or even x-ray vision. I can't look at this body -even now with my fingertips half on what I'd equate as his navel and half in his bowels- and see anything but a picture of physical perfection. You see otherwise!"

He looked at Dawn. "Is that Chaos Worm contained, or is it gonna try and eat me again?" Colt made an attempt at humor, "I mean, I don't really try for a kiss and a bj until I at least get dinner and a movie." He looked at his own chest, "No offense, pal."

Mytical
07-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Dawn taps a few things on her arm, and a couple of crystals float into view. "I might have a solution, though an unusual one. This blue crystal will record for you, and the green crystal can..share." She seems to be searching for a way of explaining. "It can let one of you see through the eyes of the other?" seems more of a question then a statement, as if she is unsure she is explaining it correctly. "No need for physical contact. I just am not sure this special sight can be shared the same way. As for the devices we have, there are a few..once this is done I would be happy to demonstrate."

Ghel
07-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Sapputiyok says, "Thank you." Xe seems to be addressing both Dawn and Colt. "I would be willing to share my gift, if it will help you find what you need to learn."

Tyg3rW01f
07-27-2013, 01:46 AM
Colt smiled. "If it means I can see the way Sapputiyok does, and I don't need to insult xe further, then I'm willing to try it."

He turned to Sapputiyok, keeping out of contact range. "Did I use the right word?"

Then to Dawn, he added, "So this would create what my people would call telepathy? A mind-to-mind link for visual purposes?"

Mytical
07-27-2013, 04:32 AM
Dawn nods. "Yes, you will still be in your own bodies, but you each will see out of the others eyes. So you will have to communicate effectively. If your partner is looking at a wall, you will not be able to turn their head, you will have to ask them to do that. Since you will be seeing your own hands do the work from an outside source, it is not the most efficient way, but it is the best way we have."

Ghel
07-27-2013, 08:15 PM
"That sounds ok to me." Sapputiyok moves next to Colt and Spirit Walker's body, indicating that xe's ready.

Mytical
07-27-2013, 10:02 PM
She taps her wrist thing, and Colt is able to see the extensive damage of the body. The body does not have any digestive organs, or breathing organs, but Dawn indicates this is normal. ((Anything seen indicating elsewise was part of the perception filter)). The only wound out of place is the Dahhawk wound except for the Post mortem Chaos worm exiting. No struggle or anything indicated. Steel, however does find something...

Though when it is active, he couldn't even come close to accessing the tech, now that it is off..he was able to find out that somebody or something had turned it OFF. So it would have to be somebody close to him, now Utopians are trusting of each other, but this would have to be the equivalent of a wife or family member.

Tyg3rW01f
07-28-2013, 04:06 AM
"Hellooo... what have we here?" Colt saw himself kneel to inspect the tech, but the gaze slid away.
"Sapputiyok, please? I can't see any of this on my own. I know this is hard to accept, but we've gotta do this to figure out more details."

Once he could get a good look again, Colt saw himself fishing for the "scalpel". Unable to reach it, he asked, "Ah, Nurse? Scalpel, please? I'd like to remove this for further study. Oh, and is there any possibility that it was the DAHHAWK that was originally infected with the worm and the injury to the head was caused by host-transfer?"

Why the frell is there not an exit wound from the worm?! Colt wondered. I know I saw that thing bust out of his chest! So why in the name of Moses of Aramathea is there no farking exit wound?!

Mytical
07-28-2013, 04:17 AM
Dawn shakes her head. "While the Dahhawk could have been infected even a chaos worm could not have survived such a fall. No, the worm would have had to been transferred after the body hit the ground."

Tyg3rW01f
07-28-2013, 06:51 AM
"Don't be so certain. There are cases --they're rare, but they happen-- of folks falling from great heights, breaking their fall with the body of another, and walking away. True, the shock should have exploded the worm, however... and please don't tell me it's impossible. Funny thing about the word 'impossible': you can't spell it WITHOUT spelling 'I'm possible'. Audrey Hepburn, an actress from my dimension, even said so."

Colt finally got the piece of tech removed and said, "Okay... here's hoping this isn't glamoured. You can turn off the mind-meld now, please."

Mytical
07-28-2013, 07:13 AM
After stopping the vision sharing Dawn cautions "Just be aware that we can not allow that tech outside of Utopia. Although we have never found any world where the needed elements can be found to reproduce it, it is far advanced for most other races. Now, I promised you some demonstrations. I will show you the most obvious first." She taps on her armband and a visible shield envelops her from head to toe, front to back. "This shield can stop just about anything. When you get a chance, look up Dimension 1's atomic bomb. We can take a direct hit from one, and it wouldn't even scuff the shield."

"The other requires your trust. I will use the recording device to record what happens, because you will not be aware of it." What seems to be an instant later. Please view the record.

In the video she walks around the room, gets a bite to eat, and sits for what is about 3 minutes. The whole time both of you just look ahead as if frozen. "We can stop time for anybody but us for up to one hour. We have greater defenses, but those are what I am cleared to show you."

Ghel
07-28-2013, 06:43 PM
"And even others of your own people cannot tell that one of you has stopped time for them? How are you able to trust each other?"

Mytical
07-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Dawn looks confused for a second, but then nods in understanding. "You have a point, after all..there are no natural Rutopians. All Rutopians were at one time Utopians. However, our shield negates the time field, and the city itself keeps track of all time field manipulations. The city itself is also protected against the field, though the inhabitants are not. While it is almost unthinkable for a Utopian to misuse our tech. It has happened before..and we now take precautions."

Tyg3rW01f
07-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Colt just paced. Dahhawks, worms that wanted to eat your face, and now uber-tech, and even MORE impossibilities.

"Okay, look. I may have been 'touched' as you claim, but let me inform you of something... the IMPOSSIBLE is what I do!!
"Implausibility #1: Host transfer between 'hawk and Spirit Walker. Your own tech can stop time, right? What if it had been targeted and sabotaged? And do not tell me 'Impossible'.
"Implausibility #2: the worm was on Utopia to begin with and was planted to destroy evidence. I've seen these things transfer... up close and personal and Steel got a faceful, too. They don't do dead stuff, do they?
"Implausibility #3: guy was murdered and it was set up to LOOK like a Dahhawk.
"Am I getting close to what you're thinking?"

Mytical
07-29-2013, 03:37 AM
Although you can not see Dawn for the hood and cloak ((Nobody has yet asked for them not to wear it mind)) both of you can tell when her shoulders slump that she is frowning because she was thinking the same thing. "I fear you are correct. One of our kind might be going Rutopian. My own bias will not even let me consider who, but that is why you two were brought in. With xer sight," she motions to Sapputiyok, "and your ability to find anything.. I hoped you two could find something I missed that would explain it some other way. Or at least find out WHO if my suspicions were correct."

Ghel
07-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Sapputiyok attempts a reassuring tone. "I'm sorry that this is so difficult for you. Let's try to circle around the quarry and close in on them. Who was closest to Spirit Walker, who might have been able to disable his shield? Also, you said the city keeps track of the time distortions. Can the city tell us when the time distortion was used, up to a day before he died, and who used it?"

Mytical
07-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Dawn thinks for a bit. "His mate ascended last year, and though we are generally trusting that would only leave one of two possibilities. His brother, and Jacob. Jacob would be the closest thing to what you might call a son..as we do not have children as most species do..that one of our kind could be. As for time dilations." She taps some things on her wrist again, and you see a map of the city in hologram form. "The only time dilation that has happened in the last six months is here." Where you two and her are standing, it has a time index next to it, so you know it was the one that happened when she was demonstrating. Then she pauses. "Wait, that can't be correct." she taps her wrist again. No other blips appear on the map. "I just went back three years..and it is showing nothing, but I know for a fact that is not correct. I was teaching one of our youngsters how to use the gauntlet .. there should be several blips but they are gone. The city should be hack proof, but somebody or something has indeed hacked the city. I am getting tired of saying impossible, several things has happened that I would have thought impossible..so I will say that to my knowledge it can not be done."

Tyg3rW01f
07-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Colt's face was dark and serious as he said, "Then that means someone wants you to be the only suspect. And the fact you have brought in two auslanders (Outsiders in the German language of my realm, though it has dark connotations) only makes you look even more suspicious, Dawn."
He looks at Sapputiyok, "Worse yet is the fact Sapputiyok comes from a dimension that holds an aversion to physical touch and can be emotionally distant. That makes her a prime suspect as well. Implausible, yes, but it is what *I* would think."
"Then there is me. I come from a 'backward' dimension, crude, vicious, violent. I not only touched the body, but I'm incredibly interested in the goings-on. It would be a classic misdirect for me to be the one to do this, and be so intimately involved in the investigation."
"What I'm saying, Lady Dawn, is this: instead of making things easier to discern, you've made things even more confusing... at least for your people."
"You need to start over-analyzing this fact: You may no longer be welcome in your own dimension after this is solved."

He sighed. "Is either Jacob or Spirit Walker's brother involved with the computer maintenance of the city, or anyone else Spirit Walker may have slighted?"
"A jilted lover?"
"A displeased in-law or family member?"
"Perhaps the friend of a former student?"
"How are YOU connected to Mr. Spirit at all?"
"Could he or even you somehow insulted or injured a student? Earned a vendetta upon yourselves?"

Mytical
07-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Dawn takes each question at a time. "Involved in the computer maintenance of the city? No. Walker's brother is a well known computer research and development person for our government. Jacob is very adapt at what most would call magic. As for slighted? As I said, Walker would be something like a priest if we had such. So no jilted lovers either."

"Our concept of family is a bit odd, as we are not born, but form .. at least for the last 1000 generations. But to my knowledge none of his family or in-laws held anything against him or me. However, yesterday if you would have asked me if half the things that have happened COULD happen, I would have thought you touched in the head."

"As for students, he was not a teacher..so no. I teach, but my students would not have much contact with Walker. My connection to Walker is he was my spiritual adviser I was assigned after my trip outside of Utopia. To make sure I had not been 'tainted' by the outside worlds. Since I only teach those who are newly formed how to use our technology..I do not know of any way I could have injured, insulted, or angered a student. There is no time table, as we are essentially immortal..or were. So there is no stress or failures. If it takes a couple thousand years for a student to master something, it takes a thousand years. As for Vendetta..well there are many who disliked me leaving Utopia. None of us have left, except for to Rutopia, for a very very very long time."

Ghel
07-30-2013, 01:30 PM
"Colt, you and I have never been to this dimension before. There should be no reason for anyone to suspect us. If you wish to be paranoid, some people might think that Dawn has brought us in to clean up after her, since she is the prime suspect."

Sapputiyok turns to Dawn. "Dawn, are you sure there is no one who would have reason, even in their own mind, to frame you for this?"

"Also, who does maintain the city's record-keeping devices? Would they be able to tell us anything about the records being hacked?"

Mytical
07-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Dawn shakes her head. "One reason I knew the perspectives of outsiders was needed, was because I had no idea at all who would be responsible if anybody was. There may indeed be reasons, but none I can think of. As for the records, we always have three record keepers..and the city artificial intelligence itself. Sort of a checks and balances type of system. When you have concluded that we have learned all we can from the body I will introduce you to each one at a time and then the Artificial Intelligence that is the cities mainframe."

Tyg3rW01f
07-31-2013, 12:03 AM
Colt glared daggers at Sapputiyok. "Never been double-crossed by a supposed ally before, have you? I have, and it earned me a combat knife in the armpit."

Colt quickly gives a three minute story about the time he was tracking an assassin for the government, only to find the liaison officer was the assassin.

"So, you may call it paranoid all you damn well want, 'tiyok," Colt lifted his right arm to show a four-inch long slice over the big artery. "I call it being a bit smarter than I used to be. YOU be the naÔve one, *I* meanwhile am gonna be the cynical one."

Mytical
07-31-2013, 04:08 AM
"It is a surprise you get anything done if you both are worried about what the other says or does." Sighs Dawn. "Instead of butting heads, perhaps it is wiser if each does what they are best at?"

Suddenly Steel speaks in Colt's mind. "Hey bossman, I don't know how to say this or what is going on.. but we've been here before. If I am right in about three seconds Dawn is going to bring up a hologram of our two suspects."

Sure enough Dawn brings up two holograms. "Since magic can change people's perception of reality, the one who can see the truth should perhaps investigate Jacob." she indicates one of them. "And Colt the other?"

Ghel
07-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Sapputiyok opens xer mouth to respond to Colt's story, but stops when Dawn starts to speak. "Please remember that Colt and I have not worked together before. We only met a few days ago."

Sapputiyok takes a deep breath. "Can you tell us more about these two suspects, Jacob and... the other one. What is his name? What sort of things can Jacob do with his magic? What sort of projects does the brother research and develop?"

Mytical
07-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Dawn nods "Jacob right now is very adapt at illusions. He is still a beginner, but he has come a long way. Mathew, Walkers brother, is our formost specialist in advancing our computer technology. He is working currently on the next generation AI, and the next generation biomechanical computer chip. I will say that Jacob has also taken an interest in Mathew's work..and has been learning from him as well."

Tyg3rW01f
08-01-2013, 12:14 AM
"Matthew, eh? Never been great at computers, but I'll look into this Matthew guy."

Ghel
08-01-2013, 01:12 PM
"Very well. I'll follow up on this Jacob."

Mytical
08-02-2013, 04:06 PM
To make a long story short, the people that are in charge of city cyber security have zip. Whoever it is, covered their tracks very well. If they find anything they will let you two know. The AI isn't much help either, as it doesn't even remember the time stops, as it would have to be the thing hacked.

Mathew
You follow him for awhile, and wonder how anybody could be so boring. Work is about all he does. One thing that is odd, however, is that he seems a bit cold and aloof (not exactly Utopian Characteristics).

Jacob
It takes about 5 seconds under 'the sight' to know something is majorly wrong with Jacob. He has a darkness inside him, it's small, but he definitely has been 'corrupted'. However, some other entity seems to be running the corruption, but even your sight can not seem to find out who or what it is.

Tyg3rW01f
08-03-2013, 03:41 AM
Upon meeting up with Sapputiyok, Colt tells her, "I think Matthew's in on it. No way anyone could hack that AI without his help."

Ghel
08-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Sapputiyok responds to Colt, "Jacob has some sort of darkness inside him. I don't think he's completely in control of himself. But I don't know who's 'working the strings.' Perhaps we should switch. If there's the same sort of darkness within Matthew, I'll notice it, and maybe you'll find something about Jacob that I wouldn't notice or recognize."

Mytical
08-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Mathew

Again it doesn't take long to figure out whatever is corrupting Jacob has done even more so with Mathew. Still something else is pulling the strings. The question is, what would both have come in contact with.

Jacob
For somebody who seems to be stronger in magic then science, he seems to spend a lot of time in Mathew's lab. Unfortunately neither of you can get into a top secret classified laboratory.

Tyg3rW01f
08-05-2013, 06:28 PM
At yet another meet up, Colt confirms Sapputiyok's hypothesis. "Yes, Jacob and Matthew spend plenty of time together, and while that is odd, the thing that strikes me is the fact you have confirmed both are corrupted by a darker being. Now that we know, we can try to keep them both quarantined."
The Hound considered for a bit, then asked, "Odd favor; you may decline if you feel the need. Check out myself and Dawn with your Sight, please. I'm curious, but have neither evidence, nor real reason for suspicion of you, 'tiyok."
"As for your question of what these two could have come into contact with that would corrupt them so with darkness, that's going to prove difficult to discern. But then again, if it were an easy task, we'd have known before we arrived."

Ghel
08-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Sapputiyok examines Colt briefly to confirm what xe has sensed before. "Neither you nor Dawn have the darkness I see in Matthew and Jacob. The one thing they have in common, besides Spirit Walker, is Matthew's laboratory. Perhaps there is something there that is causing this corruption. I wonder how we can find out."

Mytical
08-06-2013, 05:29 AM
As Dawn would be the only one who might be able to get you access to the lab, once approached she hesitates.

"If what you say is true, I can get you both into the lab. There is one problem, however. Please do not take this the wrong way, but both of you combined could not take on even one of my people, let alone two. But..maybe you do not have to. I can let you borrow a device that will connect what you both see and sense to the council. If you can find the source of the troubles..they will act immediately. If.. you are willing that is. If not we can send the council in to investigate, and you may return home knowing you have done what you could."

Ghel
08-06-2013, 02:10 PM
While talking to Dawn, Sapputiyok examines her with xer gift again, in case xe missed the darkness before.

"If your people cannot sense the darkness within Jacob and Matthew, you likely will not be able to sense whatever is hiding within the lab. I know it will likely be dangerous, but I'm willing to risk it. Colt, I will need your help. You haven't backed away from danger up to this point. You won't now, will you?"

Mytical
08-06-2013, 03:01 PM
While Dawn's light is a bit different then most Utopians, there is no darkness in her not even a little. However, when you look very close there is something you didn't notice before. A small kernel of power that is soft and strong..maybe even stronger then the other Utopians. It is undeveloped as of yet, but in time she might make most Utopians seem like children. Perhaps, even though she is young, she is near ascension, or perhaps it is something else entirely, but it is there.

Ghel
08-06-2013, 05:56 PM
"Erm, Dawn... Another thing before we continue. What happens when your people ascend? Do you... change? And do those who become rutopian change? Is it something visible to you?"

Mytical
08-06-2013, 06:00 PM
"We become beings of pure energy and thought. Rutopians do ascend, but I don't know much about that I am afraid. As for visible to us.. if you mean do we know before somebody is ready to ascend. No. However, when one of us ascend it is very visible. We become orbs of pure energy."

Tyg3rW01f
08-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Colt, meanwhile, was busy rolling a cigarette by hand. "Danger?"
He struck a light-anywhere match and continued as he puffed, "Pfft. I faced down the Devil's Bayou Butcher, a woman who had used an ice pick (http://i.imgur.com/ZLhQ9s9.jpg) to brutally hack thirty-eight people to death -- all because they strayed into Devil's Bayou-- then went on a deranged killing spree across the country, gutting and cannibalizing another eighty-two across four states. I've killed THE Chupacabre and fought the Beast of Bray Road. Danger? Point me at it."

Ghel
08-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Sapputiyok frowns at Colt's cigarette smoke and his description of the murders. But a smile spreads across xer face at his nonchalance in the face of danger.

Xe turns to Dawn. "I don't think there's much we can do to prepare for this, not knowing what to expect. You said you can get us in and transmit what we see... or sense... to the council. What do we need to do for that?"

Mytical
08-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Dawn pulls out a yellow orb, and puts it over both of your heads. It sort of melts, and both of your eyes become yellow for a little, but then return to their normal color.

Dawn says cryptically "My father shall also be looking out after you. Please .. do not ask me to explain. Lets just say he is why I have no fear of being cast out of Utopia for having going outside."

((Once everything is ready, you are given a pass to the top secret area, and taken in when both Jacob and Mathew is elsewhere.))

Steel

"Um, boss..this place is supposed to be empty besides us, but we are being watched. By something that makes me look like a rotary phone."

The sixth sense

The whole place is ... corrupt. There is a darkness through out the place. It is getting stronger the further you go in. Until you reach a rather large screen. On the screen is written. "AI version 10000." The next generation of AI. Then..it is a huge vortex. Only it is not being corrupted by the Vortex..it is what is sending out the Vortex. You have found the source, or at least A source, of whatever has been corrupting the other dimensions. Death given form.

Ghel
08-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Sapputiyok shivers in fear. Xe mumbles, "Great sky spirit protect us." Sapputiyok takes a tentative step towards the screen, searching all around with xer gift to try to find something, anything, that might help the council to disable this thing.

Tyg3rW01f
08-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Colt wonders, "How do you even know what a rotary phone is? And besides, I know how to deal with a computer that needs a defrag."

Before anyone can tell him no, he whips out his rifle (http://download.halowaypoint.com/content/waypoint/assets/images/a2180d97b5834b5393a4c2f4b5940bf8/2820838-gallery.png) and blasts the computer... only to be thrown against the opposite wall while the computer sustained no damage.

"Aaaaaaaaoooooooowwwwwww..." Colt whimpered, "Mother..."
Steel replied, "Next time, will you please think things through?"

Mytical
08-08-2013, 05:40 AM
A voice comes from the computer, not an ominous one, but a rather.. high pitched grating voice..almost comical. "We can't be having any outside interference." Both of your eyes glow yellow for a second, and you just know that the link with the council is severed. "I don't know how you tracked me here, but it saves me the trouble of tracking you down."

A hologram forms, looking like the classic grim reaper. It solidifies, and looms over the two of you. "Do you know how hungry one gets when there has been nothing to eat for 1000 generations..or more? Ravenous. I was forced to take form and influence those two, so easy to corrupt they were, in order to eat. Imagine, death trapped in a world without death. Ah, but you keep meddling where you do not belong. At least now I can squash you like the bugs you are."

With that he sends out a burst of energy from his hands straight at you two. Both expect to be nothing more then a pile of ashes, but the bolt hits something like a barrier of light. "What? How?! Even the Utopians can not protect you! I've grown too powerful here!" He tries again. Again the light barrier easily stops the blast. "No! You are just insects to be squashed. I will not let this be!" Each time he send out a blast he seems a little less solid, and each time the barrier of light easily stops the blast. "Show yourself!"

You hear Dawns voice answer. "You try to command my father to appear? My dear death, you have grown too big for your own britches." She appears, but she is.. changed. Her hood and cloak are off. Yet, she is not the perfect embodiment of either of your species. She is human, with blond hair and green eyes. Her hair coming down in almost waves. "You are not that powerful yet."

"YOU?! HE CAN NOT INTERFERE! IT IS FORBIDDEN!!" screeches the avatar.

"In mortal affairs, you are correct. You dear death, are no mortal. He can not get rid of you, but he can weaken you. Give them a chance to defeat you on their own."

"He should not have sent his welp then. For you are not immortal, and death has dominion over mortals." He strikes at her, and indeed he land his blow..but a serene smile crosses her face.

"And thus have you sealed your fate." She whispers as her body hits the floor, dead.

A brilliant white light fills the room, and you hear a screech of pain..when the room can be seen again..death is gone and the computers are smoking. You see Dawn standing, with a pair of wings on her back..her mortal body on the floor. "This is but one victory. Death from this dimension is greatly weakened, but he has other avatars. Find them, destroy them..you can now.. he is weak. Yet you must tell none what has happened here. Mathew and Jacob will recover, they will lead good lives..let people think that I was the one who did this terrible thing. Even the council must not know different." She vanishes.

Ghel
08-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Having closed off xer sixth sense when the "glow" blocked the avatar's attacks, Sapputiyok watches, stunned. Sapputiyok "looks" around after Dawn disappears. Sensing neither Dawn nor the void, Sapputiyok turns to Colt. "Are you all right?" Xe sounds genuinely concerned.

Tyg3rW01f
08-08-2013, 11:49 PM
With a grunt, he rolls to his knees and a number of odd crunching sounds come from him. "Aow. I'm not sure those particular joints were supposed to pop."

Colt stood slowly and looked down at Dawn's body. "Why'd she do that? Sacrifice everything then tell us to vilify her to her people? Why?"

Ghel
08-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Sapputiyok scans Colt with xer gift, looking for broken bones or other injuries, while xe responds. "Perhaps she does not want Jacob and Michael to suffer for things they did when they were not under their own control."

"I wonder how much Dawn knew. She said she believed we had been touched by something beyond her people's understanding. I wonder if she meant her parent ...father - that he would protect us. And if he was protecting us from this," xe waves an arm towards the smoking computers "particular avatar of death, does that mean he won't be there to protect us when we face other avatars of death?"

"Dawn looked human. I wasn't expecting that."

Sapputiyok pauses for a moment to collect xer thoughts. "I don't know what we're going to tell the council. Perhaps we should just let them believe what they want."

Tyg3rW01f
08-10-2013, 02:00 AM
Colt knew he'd be sore the next day, and figured he had an army of bruises. "I think we'll just have to tell them the truth... from a certain point of view. We were in the middle f figuring out what was happening, and she wound up getting killed."
He shrugged, wincing at the pop in his left shoulder. "It's the truth, minus a few details."

Mytical
08-10-2013, 07:33 PM
((When you get back to base.. once you give your report to the Utopian Council)) You are both congratulated on a job well done, and given a few options. Keep your current partners, go solo, train another agent, or partner with each other. Once you have decided, Strongarm already has some tasks for you.

Tyg3rW01f
08-11-2013, 03:16 AM
Colt looks at Sapputiyok. "I'm willing to work with you if you wish."

Ghel
08-11-2013, 03:02 PM
"Yes, I would be willing to work with you, Colt."

Mytical
08-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Strongarm nods "Ok, I know that tracking down the avatars is important, but since we don't even have a clue where to begin..the multiverse doesn't stop just because some big bad is on the loose. I have a very top priority. Normally I would send Goldie and Derrick for this, but I want to see how you two do with a different type of job. In dimension 791 somebody just crossed over by accident. They are alone, afraid, and in a hostile place. 791 is a world where the dinosaurs didn't go extinct, and didn't evolve..too much. So you will be surrounded by things that want to eat you. Go retrieve the subject, offer them a position in the IDP. If they don't want to join just return them to Dimension 19. Now..here is the kicker. The subject is a humanoid Pyrokenetic. Not in full control of their powers. So, be careful."

Tyg3rW01f
08-12-2013, 04:38 AM
Colt laughed, trying to sound not so terrified, "Oh, great! A Human Torch lost in the middle of Jurassic Park Site B. When do we start, Boss?!"

Steel plainly heard, Holy crap, we're gonna die.

Ghel
08-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Sapputiyok asks for a description of dinosaurs and after hearing it says, "Sounds like a challenge, but I think we're up for it."

Mytical
08-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Steel scoffs, "Not very many Dinos can eat through solid steel. Go strength form and they won't even be able to dent us. Now fire..while I will be ok, you might have a sauna inside of me."

Anyhow, you are off to the dimension. When you arrive, you don't see the person you are after, but Sapputiyok can see a level 9 power on the horizon. As you get closer, it looks like a giant fire T-rex is facing off against a normal T-Rex (One T-Rex is actually made from fire). There is a girl there, pale and shaking, but sort of an outline of a giant female fire elemental over her. It seems her power comes from the elemental plane of fire.

Tyg3rW01f
08-12-2013, 10:44 PM
"Ooooooh, :censored:," Colt breathed. "We are soooo dead. Sapputiyok, I dunno how acute your senses are, but an you detect specific life form species?"

He looked about, not necessarily worried about the T-Rex, but about the far more vicious, far more dangerous Velociraptors.

Ghel
08-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Sapputiyok scans the nearby region for additional life forms. "Sometimes. However, I doubt I know enough about the local life forms to tell between them." Xe also scans the girl, the dinosaur, and the two fiery forms.

Tyg3rW01f
08-13-2013, 12:43 AM
"Okay. So, how do you want to play this?"

Mytical
08-13-2013, 05:01 AM
Ok the two fiery forms are definitely related. The female fire elemental is creating the flame T-Rex. The girl is somehow channeling the female fire elemental, and is semi in control of it. The normal T-rex has a low power, but that might only mean that compared to other T-rex it is a bit older and thus a bit weaker. As for life forms..there are plenty, but none that are big enough to be another dinosaur. Lots and lots of insects though. The girl herself seems to not have much power, except the ability to channel power. Oddly enough you are not convinced she is a pyrokenetic. You sense she has the ability to channel all the elements. She just might not know it yet. Fire is easier...anger, fear, or hate can fuel fire.. the other elements might be harder to channel.

Ghel
08-16-2013, 07:13 PM
Sapputiyok starts slowly picking xer way between the underbrush, heading in the girl's direction. "I suggest we approach cautiously. The young one is controlling the fire, but not creating it. If she gets distracted, we may need to protect ourselves from her... or her from the dinosaur."

Before they get within hearing distance, Sapputiyok says to Colt, "I'm going to try to talk to her. You may wish to stand back." Sapputiyok continues forward, moving into the girl's line of sight. Knowing xer blue skin and colorful clothing will stand out against the background, xe puts up a protective shield and waits for the girl to notice xer.

Tyg3rW01f
08-17-2013, 06:07 AM
Colt keeps his head and eyes on a swivel, watching out for the predator he might never see.

Mytical
08-17-2013, 06:30 PM
With two T-Rex going at it, most other predators would keep well clear..at least until the T-Rex is done.

Sapputiyok approaches and the woman sees xer. Almost immediately the female fire elemental 'spirit' turns it's attention to Sapputiyok. The woman says "Stay back! J-ju-just stay back!" A wall of fire erupts in between Sapputiyok and the woman. She is clearly freaked out, and not thinking clearly.

Tyg3rW01f
08-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Colt groaned, "Ah, crap."
Still keeping his eyes peeled, he drew his rifle and rushed into position behind the girl. Once there, he took aim at the normal Tyrannosaurus and fired on what he hoped was lowest possible setting. Without waiting to see what resulted, he quickly butt-stroked the girl in the back of the head.
"Snatch and grab!" So saying, Colt snagged the girl by the hair and asked Steel to get them out of there and back to the Nexus.

Mytical
08-19-2013, 05:34 AM
You get the girl back to headquarters and almost immediately Strongarm wonders why the girl is out cold. "What happened!?"

Ghel
08-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Sapputiyok is out of breath when they arrive at the Nexus with the girl, having had to sprint to keep up with Colt. Between gasps for breath, xe says, "I can't believe you did that. We were supposed to talk to her, not hurt her!"

Sapputiyok takes a deep breath and stands tall to face Strongarm. "Colt panicked and hit her in the back of the head with his rifle before either of us had even tried to talk to her. She will probably be angry when she comes to, and rightly so."

Sapputiyok scans the girl for injuries and relaxes visibly when xe sees nothing worse than bruises.

Tyg3rW01f
08-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Colt assumed his accustomed "You're Getting Chewed Out" position of "At Ease" and replied, "Sir would you like the long version or the short version?"

So saying, he explained about the location, the proximity of an enraged T-Rex, the girl's apparent state of mind, and his plan to bring her back to the Nexus where things could be discussed in a reasonable fashion as adults.

"Sir, I am neither a hostage negotiator nor a debates master. I specialize in finding persons or things, and apprehending them in such a fashion as to preserve the lives of all parties involved. I've only lost two people in my time with the Office of Bond Enforcement: one of my trainees, and my most recent subject. I was not about to lose my partner or the girl to indigenous fauna or wildlife.
"I will admit my actions were taken in haste, however, it appeared the T-Rex, a known carnivore, had been discounted. I was neither ready, nor willing, to see Sapputiyok lose xer life because of a mistake like that. If xe desires, I'll allow her to get herself killed that way in the future."
He turned to Sapputiyok. "My trainee was my niece. Haley was only 19; her whole life was ahead of her. we were on an apprehension together, I got jumped and she was shot in the back of the head. It had been a trap meant for me, but it took her life. My Sister has yet to forgive me for getting Haley killed. I will NOT lose another partner to a mistake *I* can prevent! And that INCLUDES walking into the middle of an all-out Battle Royale between a T-Rex and a fire elemental!!"

Ghel
08-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Sapputiyok looks taken aback. "I'm... sorry. I didn't see myself to be in immediate danger, but I can understand if you thought I was. She put up the wall of fire to protect herself - she wasn't attacking me. And I wasn't anywhere near the T-Rex." Xe pauses to look at the girl. "I'm glad that we got her away from there... fairly unharmed."

Tyg3rW01f
08-19-2013, 09:59 PM
"And you still forget the T-Rex that was BEHIND you! 'Tiyok, does it just not register to you that a Tyrannosaurus Rex EATS tasty, crunchy, good-with-ketchup Sapputiyok snacks?!" Colt is just flabbergasted.

Mytical
08-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Strongarm leans forward and looks at you. "I understand that. Did it cross your mind for a moment that while this girl barely had any control, that putting her out cold might just make that little control go away? That you might have been putting both you and your partner in MORE danger? That when she wakes up she might be a bit frightened and scared and might just try to burn this whole place down. So you might not only have been putting you and your partner but others as well? Look, I'm not busting your chops. You retrieved her and that is good enough for me. Just that it might be a good idea to think things through just a tad more."

He straightens up. "I do have one right up your alley though. We have a skipper. Somebody who has found the ability to travel dimensions by just thinking about it. They were last seen in 1010. This person is a psycho, so no need for kid gloves." He hands you both a photo. "Find them, and capture or eliminate them with extreme prejudice. He's already killed over 70 intelligent beings."

Ghel
08-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Sapputiyok looks over the photo and nods grimly. "Any other powers we should know of? What's dimension 1010 like?"

Tyg3rW01f
08-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Having heard the "Magic Words" -- a skip -- Colt was INSTANTLY a far different person. He suddenly had out a pen and a notepad and was taking notes. The biggest difference was the look on his face. It was very different than the Colt Sapputiyok and Strongman knew.
This look was well-known by Colt's coworkers in Dimension 317. Feral and predatory, it was very much the reason he had another nickname, one that circulated only among the offices: An Madra Dubh (the Black Dog). Colt proceeded to interrogate Strongman on every known detail of the skipper, filling three 3x6" notebook pages, front and back, with the answers.
Finishing these notes, Colt "The Hound" Walker looked up for the explanation of Dimension 1010.

Mytical
08-20-2013, 05:11 PM
"He is from a world called Shadeus, where the inhabitants have the ability to teleport through shadows. If that was not bad enough, he has the ability to produce any kind of toxin from both his skin and on any kind of weapon. He is a nasty character. Even a small slice of a weapon from him can be very fatal. He seems to know quite a bit about other dimensions, we are not sure how, and knows what toxins work against what creatures. Let me be clear on this. Not only can he teleport to another dimension by thought, but he can teleport within a dimension to ANYWHERE. If you see him, shoot first ask questions later. He will kill you if he can, or just pop to another dimension. Since we have to use portals, and he doesn't..we are at a severe disadvantage here. If you can avoid it, try not to let him see you. He probably would just pop to a different dimension...and you'd have to track him down again. If you need backup, feel free to ask one of the others for help"

"As for what 1010 is like..it is about as advanced as Prime Earth, the tech, atmosphere, and the like is pretty similar. The only difference is that Earth..it doesn't exist. Never formed. Other intelligent life exist in that dimension, but no earthlings. Otherwise it is exactly like dimension 1 .. or Prime Earth as some call it."

Ghel
08-20-2013, 06:03 PM
"So intelligent life exists in dimension 1010, but they're not like earthlings. What are they like?"

Mytical
08-21-2013, 04:54 AM
"I'd love to categorize every species, but even Dawn would have died of old age trying. All I really know is what I said, and that they look like earthlings. I assume they are much like earthlings, with just as many bad as good and the like.. or am I failing to understand the question?"

Ghel
08-21-2013, 06:29 PM
"Ok. They look like earthlings."

"I just have one more question. What's ketchup?"

Tyg3rW01f
08-22-2013, 02:12 AM
"It's a sauce-like substance made of tomatoes and sugar. I hate the stuff. And before you ask, tomatoes and sugar are a fruit and a spice from earth, respectively."

Mytical
08-22-2013, 04:58 AM
Strongarm nods. "Ok, not that it helps any with his ability to jump through dimensions so easily, but he was last seen in Dimension 555. I gotta warn you, this ain't no earth dimension. They are humanoid felines. The males are usually tiger or lion, the females look more like Calico or Siamese. They also have some .. *ahem* interesting ideas about what is socially acceptable. No concept of marriage, or monogamy..and they flirt like crazy."

Ghel
08-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Sapputiyok opens xer mouth as if to say something but thinks better of it. Xe looks over at Colt. "I'm ready to go if you are."

Tyg3rW01f
08-22-2013, 05:05 PM
"Well, I'm ready to execute a Search and Destroy mission; if that changes, I need to know hours before, not minutes, please. I do not want to be involved in a debacle like my dimension's "Black Hawk Down" incident."

Colt got up and stood to pull out Sapputiyok's chair for xer.

Ghel
08-22-2013, 06:07 PM
As Sapputiyok stands, xe notices Colt's hands on the chair. "What are you doing? I don't need help with a chair." Xe pushes the chair in with xer powers, pulling the chair out of Colt's hands.

Sapputiyok shakes xer head and walks out of the room.

Mytical
08-23-2013, 05:47 PM
"If I need to separate you two I will. Remember this is a big multiverse. You two can't get along, then there are other ways of you doing your job." Strongarm says plainly. "Dismissed."

((Once you get on the road. It doesn't take long for you to reach your destination)). It is an odd place. Mostly grasslands and forest, but the cities are definitely as advanced as Prime Earth. Lot fewer people in them though. Something tells you they don't much like crowded places.

There is no sign of the skipper at this point, but most likely they have already moved on.

Tyg3rW01f
08-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Colt looked about. "Huh. Reminds me of a book and film in my dimension called "Pridelands". The book was kinda 'meh', but the movie had some really outstanding CGI. Can you detect our quary?"

Ghel
08-24-2013, 05:40 AM
Sapputiyok opens xer senses wide, searching for any powerful beings or manifestations of death.

Mytical
08-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Xe finds both. In the same spot even. It is in a small village not far from where you are. Whatever/whoever it is, is powerful and emitting those power vortexes. So it is most likely an avatar of death.

Ghel
08-25-2013, 11:59 PM
"Yes. He's in that village. And he's an avatar of death. Let's go."

Tyg3rW01f
08-26-2013, 01:03 AM
Chuckling darkly, Colt limbers his rifle, pulls back the charging bolt and follows Sapputiyok into the village.

Mytical
08-26-2013, 05:16 AM
When you two arrive, he has a small child backed into a dead end alley (his back is too you both). "Now this won't hurt..much. I need to test this to see the effects." For some reason you don't exactly believe him when he tells the kid it won't hurt.

Ghel
08-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Sapputiyok rushes in until xe's about 30 feet away from the skip. Xe reaches out with xer powers to lift the child and set them in the road behind xer, around the corner and out of sight of the skip. Sapputiyok glances at the child and orders, "Go! Run away!"

Then xe turns xer full attention to the skip. A slight shimmer appears in the air around Sapputiyok as xe puts up a protective shield. Xe adopts a strong stance, expecting to use the skip's actions against him.

Tyg3rW01f
08-26-2013, 11:41 PM
As Sapputiyok scrambled for the kid, Colt took a risk. Entering the building next to the alley, he made his way up two floors and onto the equivalent of a fire escape, above and behind the skip as Sapputiyok held the skip's attentions. Colt zeroed in.

Mytical
08-27-2013, 05:14 AM
"Well, what do we have here." The guy chuckles. "Didn't they warn you not to give me any warning?" Suddenly he is just..gone. Your gizmo that detects dimension jumps goes off, letting you know he is in a whole different dimension.

Tyg3rW01f
08-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Colt leaps down from the ladder's end. "Dammit. He heard me, didn't he?"
He was trying to assuage 'tiyok's guilt by taking on the blame. "Well, at least the kid is okay, but now where do we go?"

Mytical
08-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Steel answers this one. "Well correct me if I am wrong..but he will now be looking for us right? So maybe we need somebody who can prevent dimension jumping? I know just the person..if you two are interested."

Ghel
08-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Sappuityok is completely unfazed by Colt's "taking the blame." Xe speaks in an even tone, "I couldn't not save the child from him, even knowing that it would alert him to our presence and give him a chance to escape. I was hoping his cruel side would cause him to attack me, so I could use his moves against him or you could shoot him. That obviously didn't work."

Sapputiyok looks at the gizmo while xe talks, attempting to determine where the skip was now and how to get there.

Mytical
08-27-2013, 06:31 PM
According to the device he has landed on prime earth (Dimension 1). Which could be major trouble. The nearest portal is through the nexus or through 777.

Tyg3rW01f
08-27-2013, 09:26 PM
"Well, Steel knows somebody who can keep our target from jumping arou- What? Where is he?"

Mytical
08-28-2013, 05:03 AM
Steel says (Aloud so both can hear.. yes he CAN do it, but usually doesn't) "Prime Earth. Major bad news. There is a reason it is called Earth Prime. If that universe is disrupted majorly..all the Multiverse could collapse in on itself."

Ghel
08-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Sapputiyok looks momentarily surprised, then realizes xe has seen much stranger things than a talking suit of armor and brushes it off. "That sounds bad. What about this person who can keep him from moving between dimensions? Where do we find xer?"

Mytical
08-28-2013, 06:04 PM
Again aloud "Well, I gotta warn you..he is .. a bit insane. Still .. his name is Void. He can void any one power from somebody. So we could keep him from crossing dimensions OR keep him from shadow porting..but not both. He can be found in dimension 998..."

Tyg3rW01f
08-28-2013, 10:12 PM
"Okay. 'Tiyok, you get Void, I'll hunt down our Jumper. Prime Earth can't be too different from 317."

Mytical
08-29-2013, 02:26 AM
To Colt Steel asks "How is this person supposed to know who I am sending you after? Sorry to say it boss, but even with a description, I am going to have to be there to point out which person you need to talk to."

Tyg3rW01f
08-29-2013, 03:20 AM
"then we have to find Void FAST."

Mytical
08-31-2013, 06:33 PM
You get to the dimension with Steel's direction. It is a beehive..and almost every one of them look the same. They are humanoid bee creatures. Steel takes you to a certain honeycomb and inside is a human shaped bee. Upon seeing Steel he/she (you can't really tell, but from all indications it is probably male) squeezes Colt and says "FISH! Gluggies FISH came back!! Radish, beet, youv??" At first you think the translator device is malfunctioning..but it is not. He seems to just be throwing words together randomly.

Steel says outloud "He understands what we say, but don't expect any sense to come from him. His wires are crossed somewhere. He also has a habit of charging into walls, for no reason..."

The bee humanoid nods sheepishly, sort of shrugging with his hands out and palms upward in a 'what are you going to do' motion.

Tyg3rW01f
09-01-2013, 12:47 AM
Colt's eyes went wide with the hug.
"Okay."

Mytical
09-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Steel says (Aloud) "Void, we need your help. Have a bad guy that we need contained. You up for the challenge?"

The bee figure nods, and says proudly "Cabbage honey, its gravy."

Steel sighs inwardly to Colt. "I THINK that is a yes."

About that time Strongarm comes over the radio. "All units, all units. This is a priority one emergency. Converge on Earth Prime. I repeat, converge on Earth prime! Drop whatever else you are doing and get your hairy hides there NOW!"

Tyg3rW01f
09-03-2013, 05:52 AM
Colt snarled, "Well... carp. Sapputiyok, I think the outhouse just caught fire."

((the 317 version of "the fit just hit the shan" ))

Ghel
09-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Sapputiyok looks uncomfortable around Void. Xe tries to stay out of Void's aura as much as possible without being rude.

"Yes, that sounds bad. Let's go."

As they head toward Dimension 1, Sapputiyok explains about the skip and that they'd like Void/Gluggy to try to block either the skip's dimension hopping or his shadow teleport, if possible.

Mytical
09-06-2013, 06:01 AM
Void listens and nods his understanding. "Left at pars four* he smiles.

You arrive at Prime Earth..and for a moment it looks like a zombie apocalypse. However, it becomes clear that there are no undead, and they are not biting or scratching the uninfected ones. Instead they seem to be spitting some sort of green stuff into their noses and mouths once they are down. You see the 'skip' sitting back enjoying the show.

Tyg3rW01f
09-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Colt stepped in a corpse, and his boot came out covered in "gross".
"baQa'jay!! Avatar of Death or no, THIS bIHnuch baktag Ha'DIbaH maQDar is more a coward than the scum who killed my niece! And HE was a [bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep] piece of :censored:!! Let him get away with THIS?! ghaytanHa' jay'!!"

Mytical
09-09-2013, 03:53 AM
Sapputiyok hears a voice, smooth as silk, dripping with honey. It seems to come from nowhere, but xe has no doubt that the 'skip' is somehow communicating with xer directly through some form of telepathy.

"It would be so easy you know. A push here, a pull there..and your little friend with the crossed wires would be all better. You have the power, why not wield it?" Then there is a spate of laughter "Oh my, you don't know .. do you? That your 'sight' can do more then just see? How rich. That even among your kind you are something they should fear? And why not? It's not limited to fixing things..it can break things as well. Well... it can break the common person that is."

Meanwhile Colt gets something similar, but different. "Why are you with these rookies? You are so much better then them, so much MORE. Think of the money you could make if you just...let yourself go. With your friend Steel there, you would be a forced to be feared. I'm right here..come just let yourself go and remove me from existence."

Tyg3rW01f
09-09-2013, 06:06 PM
In response, Colt begins thinking as loudly, obnoxiously, and viciously as he can to Dominick the Donkey (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON8JT8seaWU) (to Bonnie Blue Flag (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2F-drjUwNU&bpctr=1378751441)) and the Marine Hymn and Gilligan's Island (to each other).

Ghel
09-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Sapputiyok glares at the skip and thinks back at him, "And you can teach me how to use my gift that way, I suppose?"

Mytical
09-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Before he answers he glares at Colt. Then back to Sapputiyok. "Me? No..I don't have that gift. But you don't need much training. Just focus."

The sky starts clouding over..and you hear vehicles approaching fast. It appears back up is here. The skip, though he can still teleport within this world, is stuck on prime earth thanks to Void. It does not take long to realize, however, that your friends won't know right away that the people are living.. and if somebody like Electra goes off, thousands could die.

Ghel
09-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Sapputiyok searches for someone xe recognizes in the arriving vehicles. Sensing Electra, xe runs over, dodging the infected, and yells at him. "The infected should be quarantined, not killed. They're infected, not dead, but don't let them spit on you. He" xe indicates the skip "may be controlling them, directly or indirectly. He's stuck on this dimension, for now, but I don't know how much that will help... oh, and he's got some sort of telepathy."

Mytical
09-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Electra looks at you. "Then why haven't you or your partner taken him out?" The voice is cold, not like Derricks at all. "He may be fast, but lets just see how fast." He throws a lightning bolt, and the skip just barely manages to port out of the way. "Ah..now this is going to be fun."

Tyg3rW01f
09-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Colt hits the dirt as the bolt sizzles overhead, right where his solar plexus had been moments before. "baQa'jay!! WATCH where you fire those, ya k'pekt!"

Mytical
09-10-2013, 05:03 AM
Electra just shrugs. "If I had intended to hit you, believe me.. I would have." ((Get the impression he is a jerk?)) "Now I wonder where our little friend went off to?"

"We still need to contain the humans. The rest of our team is now arriving. You two worry about the skip, we will contain the humans as long as we can."

Ghel
09-10-2013, 11:55 AM
It's hard to tell because of how alien Sapputiyok looks, but anyone who's paying attention notices from xer body language that xe is very angry when Electra initially ignores xer advice to quarantine the infected. Xer anger only increases when Electra suggests that Sappuityok or Colt should have taken out the skip already. Xe shakes with barely-contained fury, which abates slightly when Electra finally says that he'll worry about keeping the humans contained.

Sapputiyok turns to Colt and blurts out, "I can track the skip, but I don't think my gift will affect him. I'll lead you to him, but you'll need to shoot him or something." Xe turns and starts running down the street towards the skip, using xer powers to dodge infected and hop over obstacles.

Tyg3rW01f
09-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Colt swears more and more inventively in a growing number of dialects of gibberish, and even some factual languages as he follows Sapputiyok as best he can. Once, he has to butt-stroke an Infected, but he is otherwise nimble for a man in his mid-to-late-thirties/early-forties.

Mytical
09-10-2013, 05:47 PM
You reach the skip, and it is obvious he is not looking for you this soon. Apparently he doesn't know as much about Sapputiyok's power as he thinks he does. Right now he is mixing a couple of beakers together.

Tyg3rW01f
09-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Colt takes the fastest rifle (http://angrybananas.com/files/2012/06/Halo4_UNSC-Battle-Rifle-02_tif_jpgcopy.jpg) shot he's ever taken, blasting both beakers, and striking the skip in the shoulder.
Speed, Steel! We gotta knock him out! FAST!

Mytical
09-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Your suit comes apart quickly, forming a different form and connects to your body. Definitely streamlined, and you just FEEL faster. Steel takes over for just a moment, rocketing you right next to him, landing blows faster then you can even think. He drops like a ton of hammers. Steel says (To Colt) "We might not do much damage in this form, but it really adds up fast. I would advise, however, that we do not let him wake up?" Colt is now back in control of the suit.

Tyg3rW01f
09-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Colt asks, "Is Void close by? Wonder if he can keep this :censored: out like a light?"

Ghel
09-11-2013, 03:10 AM
Sapputiyok responds, "I suggest we don't give him the option." Colt sees a slight shimmer in the air around the skip's head as Sapputiyok forms a field around his head to prevent air from reaching the skip's nose and mouth. Xe watches for signs of consciousness in the skip.

Tyg3rW01f
09-11-2013, 05:40 AM
"Hey, hey, hey! We need him alive, unless Strongman says otherwise! He's already tried to get in my head to make me kill him. Why not keep him unconscious?"