Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Returning members (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Almost died, my bad, am back~ (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=118332)

Seraph 08-30-2017 08:52 PM

Almost died, my bad, am back~

Ok so short tldr of what transpired while I was gone, and why I have been unable to post:

- Job place was bought out, I was promptly "let go", and have been working triple time since

- had surgery on my wisdom teeth that went horribly, horribly wrong, culminating in the fact that I now have a stupid amount of debt, and half of my face now is either numb half the time, or feels like someone is jamming a live wire into my jaw

- found a job

- company kind of folded "we thought we'd have clients flooding in...and we didn't"

- lost three of my biggest client accounts due to totally freaking weird circumstances

- almost died because I scritched a tiny cut on my leg while gardening, and staph bacteria got inside. Thanks to having the worst insurance in existence, and being financially wiped out thanks to a horrible year, I tried to push through it...which did not work, and I collapsed in the middle of my daughter's birthday party, and had to go to the ER. Apparently it was a few hours from going septic, and I would've lost my leg. As it stands, I have a good amount of nerve and muscular tissue damage to it, and of course...stupid amounts of hospital bills.

ssiiiiiiiiggggghhhhh

Kagato 08-30-2017 09:32 PM

Heeeeeey! Great to see you around again! *big hugs* Was wondering what had happened to you, glad to hear you are... well, I won't say 'ok', given everything you described, but surviving.

apocolypse101 08-30-2017 09:58 PM

My god Seraph! I was kidding in the visitor message I posted on your account asking if you had died or not! :eek: :cry:

Note to Self: Don't pick up any weird Japanese looking notebooks I find on the ground around town, we are CLEARLY not qualified to handle them. :D

Seriously though, that sucks massively but I'm glad your back.

Seraph 08-31-2017 04:18 PM

LOL yeah I think I surprised a few people recently who were all "where've you been....we thought you died hahaha".

Its kind of almost a fun icebreaker now. "oh yeah see how I occasionally drag my leg? Leg tried to kill me. It failed. Also please let me know if I get anything on my face because I can't tell, thanks much."

Nunavut Pants 08-31-2017 04:36 PM

Welcome back! And congrats on beating death!!

DeltaSierra 09-02-2017 04:05 PM

Glad to see you back, but so sorry about the ordeals you have been through! I hope you have better days in the future!

freeatlast 09-02-2017 06:05 PM

Check with the hospital and the doctors to see if they have financial assistance to cover some of the bills. In 2014 I spent a week in ICU with sepsis & no insurance. I filled out financial aid paperwork and the hospital forgave $75,000 hospital bill as well as $6,000 bill for visiting nurses after I was released from the hospital. I had another $7,000 in doctor and surgeon bills - with financial aid they reduced the balance by 80% and accepted payments of $25 per month until paid. It would never have occurred to me to even ask about assistance - it was suggested by someone who called me about the past due balance with the hospital.

Victory Sabre 09-03-2017 03:42 PM

Welcome back, we missed you here.

Kanalah 09-03-2017 07:34 PM

*Hugs*

And also chocolate if you need it.

Kristev 09-05-2017 05:12 AM

Poor Seraph. I'm glad you're on the mend.