Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   New members (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sardonic Salutations (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=64753)

Sardonic Silence 06-14-2010 07:20 AM

Sardonic Salutations

Hey all,

Yes, Iím new, hence the posting to this area of the forum.

The handle is Sardonic Silence, but feel free to shorten it as you like (SS is fine, not to mention possibly more accurate in some ways).

Iíve a friend somewhere on this board (though for the life of me couldnít remember the username associated) who suggested my numerous service related snarks could be put to use in entertaining others who have similar annoyances.

Insofar as introductions go, Iíve dealt with customers since before I graduated high school.

My first job (which started in high school) was a food service one. Once I escaped the clutches of secondary, I soon switched to graveyard shifts (11 pm to 7 am). Needless to say, that kind of shift brings the entertaining people out of the woodwork. Iíll likely be posting up a few older gems from this line of work as time goes by.

My second job was also food service, though in a different aspect. I went from all around employee to a prep cook and occasional scullery type. This lasted about 3 months before I moved to a different city, though also provided some level of interest as far as stories go.

Next came a retail job in a department store. I still work here, once in a while, to maintain a discount on big ticket items. I started off in menís fashions, as a stock/maintenance associate, and did this for about 6 months before being transferred to a cashier position. Now, not a lot changed, as I still did maintenance/stocking, but also handled returns/exchanges/miscellaneous shit.

Currently, my primary employer is a multi-media communications company. Not going to mention names, of course, as regardless of crap, I enjoy the position. I started three months ago (give or take) as Internet Technical Support and have since been trained in Digital Cable Technical Support as well. So yeah, I fix the internet and your TV. What I canít fix is retardation, ignorance, and idiocy, which are the primary problems in this line of work.

Looking forward to meeting you,

-Sardonic Silence

Fire_on_High 06-15-2010 07:00 AM

You seem really familiar...do you post on any other forums?

r2cagle 06-15-2010 11:24 AM

:welcome: to :cs:

Sorry, lost my focus yesterday and didn't see you. :ashamed:

I like good snark, and can't wait to hear your tales with amusement. Come on in, sit down... partake of snacks...

Sardonic Silence 06-15-2010 06:06 PM

Fire_on_High,

I'm a member of one other forum, truth told, and it's a writing based one.

Not sure if you'd have seen me, it's fairly niche stuff.

r2cagle,

Thanks for the welcome. If anyone was remiss, I didn't notice, so thanks muchly. I'll start posting up some tales of client based terror soon enough. :D

Tora 06-17-2010 01:36 AM

Hey! You finally signed up! Now the world will know your retail wrath!!!

Sardonic Silence 06-18-2010 05:13 AM

I have wrath? Heh, when did that happen? :lol:

r2cagle 06-18-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Quoth Sardonic Silence (Post 741527)
I have wrath? Heh, when did that happen? :lol:

Sometimes sarcasm feels like wrath?

Sardonic Silence 06-18-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Quoth r2cagle (Post 741587)
Sometimes sarcasm feels like wrath?

Maybe the cutting tongue is being referenced. *shrugs* Either way, I need to post up some more stories soon.