Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Sucky Customers (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Scam artist tries to pull a scam, gets mad when cashier refuses (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=103219)

Kittish 11-21-2013 12:13 AM

Every once in a blue moon or so one of our local stores has petite sirloin for $2 a pound. The usual sale price on it is $3/pound, and the regular price is $5 I think. It's actually decent steak, good flavor, not too excessive marbling and nicely tender. Granted, it's not New York strip or ribeye, but we like it.

To the wanna be scam artist- go buy your steaks at the other store.

EvilEmpryss 11-21-2013 02:56 AM

I have been able to get good steak, veal, and lamb for about that price. You have to know when the stores do the mark-downs for expiration and be ready to take your chances with what will be available. One of my stores marks the stuff three times on the sell-by date: once at 7 am, then at about 2 pm, then finally around 7 pm. If you go in after the night markdown you can sometimes get really good deals, but there won't be much of a selection. The only way veal parmesan and cottage pie are on my family's menu is with the markdowns.

Still, there's no way that would count as a sale for price-matching.

fireheart 11-21-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Quoth EvilEmpryss (Post 1183316)
I have been able to get good steak, veal, and lamb for about that price. You have to know when the stores do the mark-downs for expiration and be ready to take your chances with what will be available.

We do that a LOT. My parents took the initiative by buying the meat, then freezing it.

Back at Old Store (my first "real" job), someone had a customer come through their line on Christmas Eve. They had a turkey that was about the size of my head. We'd been marking them down in price to around $18 for the big ones and $12 for the smallish ones. She tried to get one of the larger turkeys and put a $6 sticker on it.

Fortunately the stickers were replaced shortly after Christmas with a system where a barcode was printed over it and you had to scan the barcode rather than ripping off the sticker and manually entering it. It also made it MUCH harder for customers to pull that crap. :lol:
(Although the system would automatically detect if the markdown price was WAY WAY WAY too low and ask for a supervisor override. It got to the point where we'd just ask for the supervisor override over the phone)

Shalom 11-21-2013 04:40 AM

Quote:

Quoth bbbr (Post 1183108)
not all that certain I'd want a $2 a pound steak... I've got mountaineering boots that are probably more tender

That's what pressure cookers are for.

(Nowadays you look for a pressure cooker and people think you're a terrorist, but I've been cooking in these things since I was a kid and I've never blown one up yet.)

roxtar 11-21-2013 02:42 PM

you can't even get Steak-umms for $2/lb

Deevil 11-22-2013 12:52 AM

It might have been pork steak (sliced butt roast), I've seen that on sale for ~$2 on a semi-regular basis...and we all know tha to a SC there would be no difference between pork steak and kobe beef ribeye. :roll:

Estil 11-22-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Quoth Mr Hero (Post 1183050)
If SA wants those steaks at $2 per pound, I would suggest she goes to the other store.

Good, let that other store deal with their eh, colorful vocabulary.:wave:

fireheart 11-22-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Quoth Deevil (Post 1183517)
(sliced butt roast)

Now I have this image of human butts being sliced up. :eek:

Kit-Ginevra 11-22-2013 01:44 PM

Mmm...soylent steak

Jammer 11-22-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Quoth fireheart (Post 1183621)
Now I have this image of human butts being sliced up. :eek:

Sometimes you get a little behind in your work.