This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam artist tries to pull a scam, gets mad when cashier refuses

My best friend who is a cashier has to deal with price matches all the time, and it is a real pain in the ass. Makes me glad I'm a delivery driver now
    A lady and her husband come through his line with steaks that are supposed to be $10 a pound, and she says (other grocery store) has them at $2 a pound. Ok, I don't know very much about this kind of stuff, but I have been around long enough to know that steak is not cheap, and if any grocery store sold the expensive type of steak for so much less than their competitors, they'd go out of business. SA= Scam Artist
    C: Do you have the add?
    SA: No I don't. (no surprise here)
    C: I can't do it.
    SA: The other cashiers let me do it (wish I had a nickel every time someone said that)
    C: This is steak, and its $8 cheaper. I'm sorry, but I am not doing that.
    SA: Fuck this then!
    C: May I ask that you don't use that kind of language? Thank you.
    SA: Why? For using that word? This is bullshit! You won't give me the price!
    Her husband also chimes in and drops an f-bomb too.
    Cashier calls manager over, and cashier informs them what they are doing, and that they are using profanity. To the profanity, the lady responds....
    SA: Yes I did use foul language! What's your point?! I'll fucking use it again!
    M: You're not getting it for this price, and you may not use that kind of language.
    SA: This isn't fair! Fuck this, I'm leaving!
    And with that, she's gone. God I fucking hate people who think they can use that kind of language and treat us like shit, and then act like little kids when they don't get their way. Manager should've kicked them out.
    Last edited by BowserKoopa1; 11-19-2013, 06:20 PM.

If SA wants those steaks at $2 per pound, I would suggest she goes to the other store.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Ad:
      "Come! Buy our steaks! Only $2.00 a pound!*

*(when purchased in bulk lots of 50 pounds or more.)"
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

not all that certain I'd want a $2 a pound steak... I've got mountaineering boots that are probably more tender

Comment

Its tough to buy ground beef for $2 a pound. Steak $2 a pound does not happen, NOT EVEN ON POST. The cheapest you can usually get is $5 each. And this is an area where we do have frequent meat sales cause it comes in farm fresh from around town.

Comment

Quoth bbbr View Post
            not all that certain I'd want a $2 a pound steak... I've got mountaineering boots that are probably more tender
            $2/pound steak would make the stuff on McDonalds' "steak" egg and cheese bagels look good.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              $2/pound steak would make the stuff on McDonalds' "steak" egg and cheese bagels look good.
              NO FAIR!!! I used to love those. <drooles all over my keyboard>
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Perhaps she's wandered in from about ooh say 1971 when maybe steak was $2/pound?
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Only time I buy beef that cheap, is once a year when my family buys half a cow.

Yep, 1000 lbs of beef cut any way we like.
                  I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Even my roommate, who could eat steak morning, noon, and night, wouldn't even eat $2/lb steak.
                    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Every once in a blue moon or so one of our local stores has petite sirloin for $2 a pound. The usual sale price on it is $3/pound, and the regular price is $5 I think. It's actually decent steak, good flavor, not too excessive marbling and nicely tender. Granted, it's not New York strip or ribeye, but we like it.

To the wanna be scam artist- go buy your steaks at the other store.
                      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I have been able to get good steak, veal, and lamb for about that price. You have to know when the stores do the mark-downs for expiration and be ready to take your chances with what will be available. One of my stores marks the stuff three times on the sell-by date: once at 7 am, then at about 2 pm, then finally around 7 pm. If you go in after the night markdown you can sometimes get really good deals, but there won't be much of a selection. The only way veal parmesan and cottage pie are on my family's menu is with the markdowns.

Still, there's no way that would count as a sale for price-matching.
                        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                          I have been able to get good steak, veal, and lamb for about that price. You have to know when the stores do the mark-downs for expiration and be ready to take your chances with what will be available.
                          We do that a LOT. My parents took the initiative by buying the meat, then freezing it.

Back at Old Store (my first "real" job), someone had a customer come through their line on Christmas Eve. They had a turkey that was about the size of my head. We'd been marking them down in price to around $18 for the big ones and $12 for the smallish ones. She tried to get one of the larger turkeys and put a $6 sticker on it.

Fortunately the stickers were replaced shortly after Christmas with a system where a barcode was printed over it and you had to scan the barcode rather than ripping off the sticker and manually entering it. It also made it MUCH harder for customers to pull that crap.
                          (Although the system would automatically detect if the markdown price was WAY WAY WAY too low and ask for a supervisor override. It got to the point where we'd just ask for the supervisor override over the phone)
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth bbbr View Post
                            That's what pressure cookers are for.

(Nowadays you look for a pressure cooker and people think you're a terrorist, but I've been cooking in these things since I was a kid and I've never blown one up yet.)

Comment

you can't even get Steak-umms for $2/lb

Comment

Working...
                              X