Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Site News (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Problematic Ads - Report 'em here (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=114243)

EricKei 08-05-2016 12:17 AM

We're on the case.

In the meantime, just to be see if it IS on your side, please run your antivirus/antispyware/ADWCleaner programs. If those don't help, run MalwareBytes,it's said to be effective against an infection that specifically redirects to that site.

RealUnimportant 08-07-2016 09:20 AM

I keep getting a picture of a young lady's bum. Can't screenshot properly as I'm on work's iPad, but the link appears to be for a site called hitme or hitwe? It's very unclear, sorry. I've been using the adbox's Report as Inappropriate.

ETA: It's hitwe. Appeared 3 more times even after reporting! :/

EricKei 08-07-2016 10:04 PM

We'll take a look. Thanks!

wolfie 08-07-2016 11:44 PM

Because asses belong in the CoC, MiM, and SC stories, not in the ads.

Kit-Ginevra 08-07-2016 11:55 PM

Quote:

Quoth RealUnimportant (Post 1324053)
I keep getting a picture of a young lady's bum.

I'm getting a name to go with it... Sarah,Samantha,Susie... it's becoming clearly...there's a message coming through from it...

Deserted 08-08-2016 04:43 AM

Quote:

Quoth RealUnimportant (Post 1324053)
I keep getting a picture of a young lady's bum.

Dang, why don't I get the entertaining ads? :eyewaggle:

dalesys 08-08-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Quoth Deserted (Post 1324149)
Dang, why don't I get the entertaining ads? :eyewaggle:

They're targeted, so *you* get a cab-oose!

RealUnimportant 08-21-2016 08:54 AM

Got another one; trying to offer me a Thai bride? I'm using work's iPad again... Even though I'm using Private browsing mode, could the habits of a cow-irker be influencing the ads?

EricKei 08-22-2016 12:31 AM

Private Browsing just prevents your browser history from that session from being stored; it MAY prevent cookies from being kept after the session is over. If he is NOT using Private, the cookies/history from sites he accesses could still influence what you're doing, unless I'm mistaken.

I'll run it by the boss.

PrplPplEater 08-22-2016 06:41 PM

Quote:

Quoth EricKei (Post 1325510)
Private Browsing just prevents your browser history from that session from being stored; it MAY prevent cookies from being kept after the session is over. If he is NOT using Private, the cookies/history from sites he accesses could still influence what you're doing, unless I'm mistaken.

I'll run it by the boss.

This is my understanding of things, too.
I'd clear all cookies, and, depending upon the browser being used, look at their support docs to find out how to turn off advertisement tracking - those use a completely separate cookie system from whichever cookies get set by the sites you visit.