This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I threatened an old man (short)

I believe I've reached a plateau in my patience chart.

This actually happened a coupla weeks back but I was waiting to see if any more REALLY weird things would happen, but just the usual wtf.

So this old man had started to be a regular and came to shop every Sunday for a couple of weeks. Didn't buy anything, just shop.

This one Sunday he asked me to come help him in the country music section, like he always does. Then he started talking about how he used to waltz with girls and suddenly put his hand on my back and started a lil waltz of his own. So of course I'm all

Theeeeeeeeeeeen his hand started sliding down. Ohhhhh nope.jpg I don't think so.

I managed to grab his wrist before he reached the goodies and said "Oh no we're not going there Mister Artie."

"What? I'm just having fun, there's nothing wrong with..."

That's when I whipped his hand right in front of him and squeezed his wrist tighter "Look, this is a work setting, you have no business or right touching me to begin with. I ever catch you try to feel me up again I will break every bone in your hand." and let it go.

It's been 4 weeks and counting.

Yes, I've told my bosses (Boss and SideBoss) what I did. One laughed, the other told me we didn't need customers like that.

At least happy to know one of my bosses has my back when shit like this happens.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Had a customer (drunk and somehow obsessed with me) that tried to touch me on my chest. I jumped back and went to the office to let my manager know. He said next time he comes to bother me to let someone know and they can deal with him. That was the last time he did anything to me like that. Damn drunks.

I haven't seen him in years.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
      "What? I'm just having fun..."
      "Yeah, well I'm not. Hands off!" Your personal safety and right to remain unmolested > his "having fun".
      That's when I whipped his hand right in front of him and squeezed his wrist tighter "Look, this is a work setting, you have no business or right touching me to begin with. I ever catch you try to feel me up again I will break every bone in your hand." and let it go.
      Right on! Fast reflexes, too. How many of us would've frozen up thinking, "this is not really happening, is it?!"
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Yes, I've told my bosses (Boss and SideBoss) what I did. One laughed, the other told me we didn't need customers like that.
        Good for boss #2, shame on boss #1.

Comment

Considering how old he is, his bones are brittle and wouldn't be hard to break.

But still, HANDS OFF!!!

Comment

Let's see how cute/funny he thinks it is when you call the cops on him. What an asshole.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              "Yeah, well I'm not. Hands off!" Your personal safety and right to remain unmolested > his "having fun".

Right on! Fast reflexes, too. How many of us would've frozen up thinking, "this is not really happening, is it?!"
              I froze up at first when he started waltzing me (as opposed to waltzing with me) but he had no business in my bathing suit area.

I didn't take it from that one co-worker, I was not gonna take it from a customer, that's for bleepin' sure.

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Let's see how much fun he has when he gets charged with assault.

I don't care how old he is...if he wants to get any older he won't try that again.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm afraid I would have started bending his thumb back as soon as I got hold of his hand. Self-defence and all that.
                  "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Nice reflexes! I'm glad your boss has your back.

I used to work for Hooters (way back in my pre-kid/skinny days). My bosses were awesome about stuff like that, which was a really good thing because drunk college kids + Hooters could get really bad really fast if the management weren't complete assholes to any customers trying to cross lines.
                    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                      Good for boss #2, shame on boss #1.
                      I think Boss #1 was laughing at the customer being rightfully told off, not at his employee being groped.
                      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I'm glad your bosses backed you up. A friend of mine got fired from a bar where she waitressed, after she slapped a guy who grabbed her ass.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                          I think Boss #1 was laughing at the customer being rightfully told off, not at his employee being groped.
                          At least happy to know one of my bosses has my back when shit like this happens.
                          Not the impression I got.

Comment

Try being a somewhat hot (at the time) 20-something girl and bartending part time.

UGH. I *really* need to compile all my stories from that era into a big rant/post.

At least with bartending, you expect the freaks because they have the alcohol excuse. Doesn't make it right, but it's not as shocking when it happens.

But at a record store? Jesus - that's so gross!
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                              I'm afraid I would have started bending his thumb back as soon as I got hold of his hand. Self-defence and all that.
                              I actually did that to a (n EX) co-worker that tried to cup my boobs in a WORK MEETING *insert facepalming, mortified Shiro here* I dunno WHAT he was thinking.

I also once headbutted him (swung my head back, caught him in the brow bone) cuz despite ample warnings, he kept blowing on, touching and playing in my neck and if you're not my boyfriend you have no business existing near my neck, capisce?

Comment

Working...
                              X