Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's not a question. It's a thinly veiled complaint.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not a question. It's a thinly veiled complaint.

When I came in today it was really dead because there was a game on and also the snowstorm was keeping people at home. As soon as the game was over and the weather cleared up a bit, of course people started coming in. I was on a project near the back room but my co-workers were up front to greet people as they came in the door. Boss Lady came over and asked me to walk away from my project every so often to take a lap around the store to make sure that people were getting help. After about 5 minutes or so I did. I ended up on register helping people through a small rush. I believe we had at least six employees in our small store. We don't normally but it's the holidays. So for someone to ask BL "Are you the only one working?" it had to be whining and not an honest question. I know that BL told us about it to remind us to be really on our toes when those few customers do come in. That's valid, but at the same time, did the lady not see the six employees who were all wearing the same apron and walking around the store and helping people? I know we have a lot of merchandise and fixtures in the store but all you have to do is poke your head around a corner and you're bound to see an employee somewhere. None of us were in the back room. I mentioned this to one of my co-workers a little bit later and she confirmed that every customer that walked through the door was greeted. She was the one doing the greeting. Our customer base is honestly comprised partly of Karens.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

It's simple -- Only BL was helping her, therefore, the rest of you might as well not exist. After all, what were you gonna do, waste time helping the lesser customers when your goddess was present? For shame.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Strange. My goddess only comes into stores when she's invoked . . .
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Maybe she's trying to drum up a following? But that only works if she actually gave some benefit for worshipping her
        My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
          Strange. My goddess only comes into stores when she's invoked . . .

Did someone invoke me to come onto the boards this afternoon or is this a false alarm?

I like what my current Ass Man (Sarge) said about customers today recently: We have a nation of overgrown, entitled whiny brats.

And sadly, that's becoming the norm . . .
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
          X