This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow of Death (IC)

It was a bright cloudless day, and Sapputiyok was running late. As xe hurried into the main square, xer senses picked up two very unusual things. On one end of the street was a powerful glow, on the other there seemed to be a 'vacuum' of some sort swallowing energy.

Moments later the 'vacuum' stopped and something xe had never seen before appears out of nowhere. ((Imagine a wolly mammoth that is about 3x the normal size and made out of bone)).

One would think such a sight would send xer people scattering to the four winds, but although they tried to get out of this things way...it was not the panicked reaction xe was expecting.

On the other end of the street the glow was getting a bit brighter. A being that stood about 6'3", had long black hair tied in a pony tail, and sunglasses on just strolled toward the huge beast on the other end.

Just as xe was about to turn down xer power because the stranger was bright, xe heard the figure saying something. "Let the storm howl and the death bell toll" clouds start gathering in from nowhere "transform me now into electra soul" The cloud darkens and it starts to rain rather heavily. "Let lightning strike and thunder roll" The sky lights up with and xe can feel the power in the storm. "For I AM ELECTRA SOUL" A huge bolt of lightning hits the figure, and the power level of the figure spikes really high. Sapputiyok has no choice but to shut off xer sensing power or be blinded.

Where the figure was is another figure. Light blue hair that has electricity flowing through it, same with the eyes. It looks like somebody had taken solid fire and fashioned some sort of breastplate out of it. The figures gauntlets look to be made of solid stone, their boots made of solid water. A 'cape' made of solid air was on the figures back.

The skeletal creature lowered its head and tried to just run over the figure. The figure skids back, slowing the creature but not stopping it. Sapputiyok heard the figure talking seemingly to itself. "Guys...hey guys..I could use some help here. This thing is a LOT bigger then we thought!" A short time passes "What do you mean that it will be thirty minutes before help arrives?! I don't HAVE thirty minutes. I can not stop this thing alone. I have a feeling that electricity is not going to stop a moving bag of bones!"
    Last edited by Mytical; 06-25-2013, 05:26 PM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Curious, Sapputiyok watched with xer eyes only as the giant bone beast pushed the lightning-coated being down the street. If this bone beast could not be stopped, it would likely destroy the whole city. But that thought was secondary to Sapputiyok's curiosity. Xe wanted to know what was going on here, and the only place those answers might be found was with the lightning-wrapped being. Determined to help him stop the beast, Sapputiyok ran towards them, watching for objects xe might be able to throw at it.

Sapputiyok hesitatingly opened xer mind to the gift again. The lightning-coated being didn't overwhelm xer sense this time, but whether that was because he was behind the bone beast or some other reason, xe would try to find out later. Sapputiyok reached out with the gift and grabbed hold of the middle of a stone column, hurling it at the bone beast. People nearby scattered. The column piece struck the beast with a loud cracking sound, sending bits of bone and stone flying. That should get its attention.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

The stone column seemed to surprise the figure coated in lightning, but it did much more damage to the bone creature..as stone is much stronger then bone. It slows and falters, and this gives the form a chance to regroup itself.

"Alright, so you CAN be hurt huh. Lets try this!!!" A coil of electricity surrounds his stone gloves, and rips into the things bones, further making it unstable. "Dang, I put enough juice in that to take down a whole dozen humpback whales! What is it going to take to take you DOWN?!" He can't let up to do much else as long as the creature has any forward momentum or it will just trample over him.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Sapputiyok winces visibly as xe sees the lightning surround the stranger’s gloves, but xe is unblinded. Seeing that the bone creature appears unstable, xe begins grabbing the thing’s bones, one at a time, and flinging them away from the main creature. Xe begins with the hind legs, as they are closest, which causes the bone creature to lose traction and scramble to try to keep pushing the stranger down the street.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

As it loses more forward motion, the figure it is trying to push is able to put less force to just keeping it in check. Soon as more and more bones fly off, the other figure is starting to push it back. The bones flying off forces it to have less and less mass (though its shape is the same, it is getting smaller and smaller). Soon it is only about as big as the other figure. The figure stops pushing on it, and reaches their hands to the sky. "SHIELD YOUR EYES!" he yells, and a few seconds later a large lightning bolt comes from the sky shattering the rest to pieces.

The figure falls to its knees ((Turns back to human, but of course Xe doesn't know what a human is)), panting hard, obviously exhausted.

Comment

Sapputiyok throws xer hands up reflexively, squeezing xer eyes shut at the same time as closing off xer sixth sense. Xe sees the bright flash through xer eyelids and hears the accompanying boom of thunder. Sapputiyok peeks between xer fingers to see shattered pieces of bone scattered around the street and the stranger on his knees at the center.

Sapputiyok glances up and down the street. A few people are righting overturned carts or sweeping broken bone off of the front steps of their shops. A small child picks up an intact bone and swings it above xer head like a club before running off down the street. Other people are walking down the street, ignoring the stranger as if he looked just like any of them. Scowling at the others' indifference, Sapputiyok turns to the stranger, hoping to find some answers.

Xe walks up to the stranger and holds out xer hands to him, palm up, in the traditional manner of greeting a member of a higher class. Xe tries not to look disgusted by the stranger's hair or pinkish skin. "I offer you greetings, you who called lightning to fell the beast made of bone. I am Sapputiyok, one of the weilders of the Gift." The stranger looks up at xer with surprise, but xe sees no recognition of xer mention of the Gift. "Once you have rested a bit, I hope you will indulge me with answers about the creature we just fought and... about yourself."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

The figure holds up a finger, you notice a few things. First the light he was giving out is gone, as in he shows no ability for power at all. Second he is sweating and breathing heavily. When I say sweating, sweat is pouring off of him. Like he ran two marathons back to back at full speed the whole time.

His voice sounds like somebody who has been in the desert for several days without keeping hydrated. "I need w.." his voice breaks and it takes some time for him to continue "Wa..wat" he just can't seem to get the word out. Next thing xe knows..he falls forward and seems to be out cold.

Comment

Sapputiyok inspects the stranger's aura, looking for signs of injury. Seeing nothing but decreased energy level, Sapputiyok takes the stranger by the shoulders and (lifting him slightly with the Gift) drags him to the shady side of the street, to one of the city's river-fed fountains set in the wall there. Xe props him up against the wall next to the fountain and dumps several double-handfuls of water on his head to cool him. Then xe dribbles a handful of water into his mouth, watching to see him swallow before feeding him more.

Having fed the stranger what xe considers to be a sufficient amount of water, Sapputiyok begins to pace. People walk up to the fountain to get water, but pay the stranger little attention. One person asks, "Is xe ok?" Sapputiyok curtly replies, "Xe will be fine." The person hurries off. Sapputiyok continues to pace.
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Finally after almost an hour total, the stranger wakes up. You notice that his aura has slightly increased power now. "Where.." he looks around and sees you, and suddenly he knows. "Thank you for helping me."

He sits up slowly. "You have questions. Please ask." He touches a strange band on his arm.
                  Last edited by Mytical; 06-26-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Sapputiyok hesitates a moment before speaking. "Politeness be hanged," xe mumbles, then lets out the questions in a rush.

"Who -- what are you? How are you able to call lightning like that? Who were you asking for help? What was that beast? How do bones walk around by themselves like that? What was that-" xe spread her hands in a gesture of uncertainty "void that the thing came out of? Did you know that thing was going to appear? Did you come here specifically to fight it? Why didn't people flee from that bone beast? Why are they acting like there's nothing strange about you?"

Then to xerself: "Okradloriktok is going to be angry that I didn't make it to the meeting."

To the stranger: "I could lose my job because of this!"
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

"I am Derrick Soul," He shows you a badge with Interdimensional Police on the outside, and his name and badge number (1321-21-21) on the inside. And .. I don't call lighting, that is Electra. I ... turn into him. His name means Soul of Lightning, he is .. like living electricity. I can summon him into my body for a short time, because of some items I found a long long time ago."

He pauses to drink some more water, and you notice his power level increases a little more. Apparently he needs liquids to build up his power.

"I don't remember much after summoning him, but if he was talking to somebody it was probably the IDPD, the squad I work with and for. They should be here soon. As for WHAT that beast is, and how it gets around I am not one hundred percent sure. I am not sure even Electra would know...that was a first for me...and I've seen some weird things. Looked like a skeleton of a mammoth, but it was at least three times the size it should be."

He pauses to take a drink again, and this time the power level does not increase, so he is probably at that level until he starts building to summoning this 'Electra'

"The void was someTHING (he puts emphasis on the word) opening a rift in space and time. To summon that creature we fought. We sensed a buildup so in a way we knew it was coming, and a general idea of WHAT, but was not prepared for that."

He slowly gets up. "As for why nobody really noticed the creature, me, or Electra... most people only see what they want to see. Since you can see me, that means you can cross dimensional boundaries."
                      Last edited by Mytical; 06-26-2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Sapputiyok looks confused. "Dimensional boundaries?"

Xe shakes xer head, as if to clear it. "These others who are coming, are they like you?"
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

He sits there and thinks for a few. "As much as you are like me, yes. If you mean my species. I don't think so, though I am not sure if Silk is coming or not. If you mean .. well just hold on..you should meet them. They are here.."

He stands and greets two others who seem happy to see him. One is a humanoid bulldog with a spike collar and spiked wrist bands. He wears two chains in an X pattern across his chest. Your character can feel he has some power, but it would be very minimal. This being stands about 6'7", with wide broad shoulders.

The other, however, is .. different. Xer sense of power seems to be .. confused when looking at the second one. Not picking up anything at all (which would normally mean the individual would be dead), but xer instinct tells her not to trust xer senses with this one.. at least not xer power sight. The individual's skin seems to be yellow ((Would your character know what gold is? if so, you would know that this person seems to be forged from gold)). They seem to be almost androgynous as your people. The individual has strange pointed ears, and long long flowing golden hair. Even the clothing, while it looks to be 'casual dress' is made of the finest gold. When they walk, they seem to more .. glide, almost as if their feet do not touch the ground. For some reason when the being known as Derrick sees this person, his cheeks turn a bit red.

"Pitbull! Goldie!! Am I glad to see you!" Derrick seems to brace himself for something.

The large canine individual rushes him, and picks him up in a bear hug. "Derrick! We had thought the beast had gotten you!"

"Can..t brea..the!" Derrick manages, and the larger being sets him down.

"Yes, yes, forgot about that! Just happy to see you old man!" even though the canine looks older then Derrick.

The golden ones voice is soft and musical. A bare wisper, but yet people can hear it well enough. "You must stop scaring us like that." You notice the golden one keeps their distance, however. Even though even Xe can tell the two want to greet each other more intimately.

"Oh! We better warn our guest." Derrick turns to you. "Please whatever you do, avoid contact with Goldie." He points out the golden figure. "Though we can often get people back, her touch turns anything she touches to gold. Good thing she does not require either food or drink."

Comment

((I think my character would know what gold is, since it's a basic element. Let's say it's rare in this part of the world, but the merchant has traded gold or gold objects on occasion. It would normally register as an inanimate object on the sixth sense.))

Sapputiyok tries to hide the amazement on xer face as xe looks back and forth between the newcomers. Xe starts to put out xer hands to greet the newcomers, then puts them down. "I... My name is Sapputiyok. I am one of the weilders of the Gift." Again seeing a lack of recognition in their faces, Sapputiyok explains. "I can see things without looking at them, and I can move things without touching them. I used these abilities to help Derricksoul" (spoken run together, like a compound word) "-- or was it Electrasoul? -- defeat the bone beast."

Sapputiyok addresses Derrick. "Begging your pardon, but the Electrasoul is not you, but it uses your body? And you don't remember what it does while using your body? That sounds terrifying."
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

Derrick nods "I remember bits, and pieces, but not everything. It's like a dream when I am away. I trust Electra, so it is not scary, but after? I .. die for a short time. I come back, but it is always hard. Now, you said that you might get in trouble with your boss. We have two options to handle that. You can come with us, and start a new job..with perks and salary which you could barely dream of, or.. we can speak to your boss. You would get in no trouble with them."

Comment

Working...
                              X