X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP: Ursula LeGuin

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...232313439.html
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

This i what I posted on my author site:

Once there was an author, because all stories have an author.

And she was a great author, a wise and insightful woman who wielded a pen like a scalpel, exposing deep ideas and philosophies, exploring the differences and similarities and dealings between men and women, of governments and families and species.

And if you have never heard of Orsinia, or Rocannon's World, or Gethen, then you probably have heard of a powerful wizard, little more than a boy, who traveled to the ends of the earth to put right a terrible mistake he made in his arrogance, and learned to talk to dragons.

And yesterday she took her leave of us, and departed.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

May she rest in peace v_v

...you probably have heard of a powerful wizard, little more than a boy
      ~Nam hierw Ged arkvaissa~ ...as I recall. It's been awhile.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Sssshhhh you mean 'Sparrowhawk'.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

88 years is not a tragically early death, but she will be missed.

Comment

Ana -- If he's speaking [to a dragon?] in the draconic tongue, he can't use his everyday name nor lie, correct? He *has* to use his True Name ^_^
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
              88 years is not a tragically early death, but she will be missed.
              She had a long life, and a full one, that brought much wisdom and joy into the world.

Comment

Aww, I loved her books. Still need to get The Other Wind.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                X