Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Sucky Customers (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Barter doesn't pay the bills (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=120137)

dakhur 07-02-2018 09:26 AM

Barter doesn't pay the bills

So, after many trials and tribbulations, I'm back. But I'm now working for myself in a small country town in New South Wales. No bosses or management is wonderful, but there's plenty of SC's.

One of which is a regular customer. He has an acquired brain injury from a bad virus, which makes him slightly slower than other people, but he's very switched on about normal life. Until he needs to use a computer, that is.

Every other week, he has a problem with his computers. The screen needs adjusting, his internet isn't connecting, etc. You get the idea. So at least once every 10 days, I'll be around there to twiddle with his computer for him.

Now, I grew up in this town and know how things work, so I don't mind local customers offering to pay me in ways other than cash. A box of veges here, a couple of drinks there, and so on. But a phonecall from regular customer today suggests I may need to rethink.

He wanted me to accept a bale of wool.

While this would be ok with other people, I don't have the contacts to translate it into hard cash. So I had to decline, which is a bit of a shame given decent wool prices at the moment.

LadyofArc 07-02-2018 10:05 AM

You aren't in Nimbin or Mullumbimby by any chance are you? :lol: Because I can see the inhabitants of those towns trying that!

(For the unfamiliar, this is Nimbin and this is Mullumbimby)

TheWolfEmperor 07-02-2018 10:20 AM

Now three bags full and I would have been all over that.

Rosco the Iroc 07-02-2018 12:26 PM

yew a bit sheepish about taking this?

sorry it's monday and I haven't had my coffee yet

Nunavut Pants 07-02-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Quoth TheWolfEmperor (Post 1367974)
Now three bags full and I would have been all over that.

With a "Yes sir, yes sir!"

TheWolfEmperor 07-03-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Quoth Nunavut Pants (Post 1367994)
With a "Yes sir, yes sir!"

Bah, bah,
Call rep
Do you have some pants?

Preferably from the same
catalog as hats

One for my mother-sister and my dog, too
Send each order COD
And we'll pay seperately

Bah, Bah Call Rep
Just a minute please,
I'd also like some underwear
Color of nacho cheese

Nunavut Pants 07-03-2018 11:35 PM

:worship: :worship: :worship:

the lawsmeister 07-04-2018 02:34 AM

Quote:

Quoth LadyofArc (Post 1367972)
You aren't in Nimbin or Mullumbimby by any chance are you? :lol: Because I can see the inhabitants of those towns trying that!

(For the unfamiliar, this is Nimbin and this is Mullumbimby)

If it were Nimbin I daresay the offer would have been for a bale of something else :-)

I used to hear stories of people receiving complimentary after dinner joints with their (vege) burger purchases at the local cafe.

Blue Ginger 07-04-2018 02:36 AM

I don't know whether Gravekeeper would laugh at that lovely little ditty or be curled up in a corner gently rocking for a few minutes.

That is just :lol::roll::cry:

LadyofArc 07-04-2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

Quoth TheWolfEmperor (Post 1368031)
Bah, bah,
Call rep
Do you have some pants?

Preferably from the same
catalog as hats

One for my mother-sister and my dog, too
Send each order COD
And we'll pay seperately

Bah, Bah Call Rep
Just a minute please,
I'd also like some underwear
Color of nacho cheese

I started singing this in my head on the train this morning to work.
Damn you :roll:

Quote:

Quoth the lawsmeister (Post 1368062)
If it were Nimbin I daresay the offer would have been for a bale of something else :-)

I used to hear stories of people receiving complimentary after dinner joints with their (vege) burger purchases at the local cafe.

You do have a point there. :p

Speaking of "complimentary after-dinner things," there's a cafe in the next suburb over from me that seems to have a "complimentary" hookah/shisha service (the hookahs are HUGE, so they aren't being brought in by the patrons and it's not advertised on their website either). It wouldn't surprise me if someone HAS tried to use the hookahs as a bong at some point.