This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Offered to Show ID

Tonight, I had a customer ask for a pack of cigarettes and he offered to show his ID. I accepted and looked at his ID and he was of age. He mentioned that it was a habit for him. I wish more customers showed ID voluntarily.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

yay give him a cookie!! I agree, I wish more customers were like that!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Yeah, I am 19 so I am in the habit of grabbing my ID before I even ask for my brand. [Which I ask for as follows: Marlboro Red 100's, box please if you have it] I figure since I am a young smoker, I might as well save the time, effort, and energy of getting carded and hand it to the associate as I ask for the smokes.

Comment

I'm 22 but look younger so when I buy an R-rated movie at wallyworld (only place I buy movies from thats cards) I get my ID out of my wallet when I get my money out.

I don't see the big deal in showing an ID. Maybe it's because I'm used to going on military bases where you need to show an ID for everything.

Comment

I am 19 as well, and show ID whenever I am asked for it. It REALLY isn't a big deal at all; from some people's SC stories on here, you'd think that they were asked for the life of their firstborn.

The only things I ever really need my ID for is when I buy cigars, R-rated movies (again, W-M is the only place that cards, in my experience), and the occasional trip to the hookah bar, when we're really, really bored I *always* have my ID ready in my hand.

Comment

Quoth gypsywitch84 View Post
            I'm 22 but look younger so when I buy an R-rated movie at wallyworld (only place I buy movies from thats cards) I get my ID out of my wallet when I get my money out.
            [QUOUTE=theredbaron47]again, W-M is the only place that cards, in my experience [/QUOTE]

See, I've NEVER been carded at Walmart, and I'm 21. Fred Meyer's carded me for a R game, yet didn't even finch and let me past WITHOUT carding me beer. o_O I swear Fred Meyer's is strange.
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Haha! I wonder if that was me.

Well, sometimes when customers come up, I have a hard time making a guess at their age. The rule is: If they look 27 or under, card them." Sometimes I've seen people come in that truly do look 40 so I don't say anything. If I'm not sure at all, I'll card and I'll be like, "Hey! You're only a year older than me!" (I'm 21.) I don't say it in a shocked way, but on the inside I really am kinda surprised when I thought they're a lot older.

Every cashier is different when it comes to carding people.

Comment

Working...
              X