Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Forum games (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   GAME: Celebrity Scandal Pool! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=39754)

Lace Neil Singer 12-15-2008 07:45 PM

I might as well have a bash; I'm useless at stuff like this, but might be fun.

Miley Cyrus

Liam Gallagher

Gordon Brown

(Wishful thinking on the third one; I just want the bastard to not be PM any more. XD I'd be willing to settle on bankruptcy and forced resignation, rather than the "caught in bed with two transvestites" scandel that usually hits politions. XD)

crazylegs 12-15-2008 07:58 PM

Richard Hammond

Barak Obama (just cos he wasn't taken yet)

George W. Bush (Just for reporting balance! :lol: )

Jester 12-15-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Quoth Lace Neil Singer (Post 466592)
I'd be willing to settle on bankruptcy and forced resignation, rather than the "caught in bed with two transvestites" scandel that usually hits politions.

Scandals don't have to be sex and/or drugs. They can very easily be something else, political or otherwise.

If you don't believe me, ask the current Governor of Illinois (selling Senate seat), Spiro Agnew (selling influence), Richard Nixon (questionable financial dealings, spying, break-ins, cover-ups, abuse of power), Ronald Reagan (Iran-Contra), Rep. William Jefferson (taking bribes), Katherine Harris (Florida's Secretary of State during the infamous 2000 election), J. Fife Symington III (former Arizona Governor convicted of federal bank fraud charges), David Duke (racist comments/actions), John Rocker (racist/intolerant comments), Michael Richards (racist comments), Mel Gibson (anti-Semitic comments), or the current Prime Minister of Canada (dissolving Parliament).

Sure, the sex and drug scandals are the ones we remember best, sometimes even more than violent crimes (Hello Brett Myers! Hello Ray Lewis! Hello Rae Carruth! Hello Maurice Clarett!), but they are clearly not the only ones.

Bella_Vixen 12-15-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Quoth Jester (Post 466604)
Hello Rae Carruth!

Many (lol) years ago, one of my friends made a screen name of Rae "Spare Tire" Carruth.

:lol:

Jester 12-15-2008 08:02 PM

I was wondering when someone would take W.

I almost excluded him based on how easy it might be, but on that some idea, I almost excluded Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan.

But then I figured, hell, why not? New scandals are new scandals! :lol:

Just remember, kids, the scandal has to come to light in 2009. So, unless you feel there is a lot more info coming on the Illinois Governor, he may not be the best choice.

And that is what makes W. interesting, as he will only be in office for 20 days in 2009, but something tells me we haven't heard the last of him. :lol:

Jester 12-15-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Quoth Bella_Vixen (Post 466606)
Many (lol) years ago, one of my friends made a screen name of Rae "Spare Tire" Carruth.

I was wondering if anyone would get that reference. Glad you did!

MannersMakethMan 12-15-2008 08:04 PM

Sounds an interesting idea! I'd like to take David Cameron, Rhianna, and Lewis Hamilton if they haven't already gone.

Jester 12-15-2008 08:07 PM

None of them are taken, but I am afraid you are going to have to specify WHICH Lewis Hamilton: the footballer or the race car driver.

And congratulations--you are the first one to make me look up ALL THREE of your selections. :lol:

EDITED TO ADD: Just thought of this. Whenever any scandal occurs, I shall PM all the people participating to let them know about it and who in the Pool had that celebrity. Yes, I am keeping a list of everyone's picks.

Irving Patrick Freleigh 12-15-2008 08:17 PM

Off the top of Irv's noggin:

Jamie Lynn Spears (Britney's too easy)

Vanessa Hudgens

And from the political realm, Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle.

Geek King 12-15-2008 08:33 PM

Hell, I'm in:

Al Franken Should be interesting since he wants to be a politico all of a sudden.

Joe Biden Obama's VP--Always good for scapegoating, and he's got a big mouth to boot!

Jesse Jackson Jr. Papa's already crazy, and Jr needs to make a name for himself. A winning combo!