Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When please be more specific just won't cut it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When please be more specific just won't cut it.

Wow, the density of some people can be incredibly astounding. This little gem comes from a technical support issue at my current job for a prepaid wireless phone carrier.

Me:

SC: sucky and stupid customer

Me: <opening spiel>

SC: Yeah my phone won't dial out or receive calls. Every time I try to dial out it dials back into your office.

Me: It dials back into our office? I'm sorry I don't quite understand what you mean by that, could you elaborate a bit more?

SC: *huffs* It dials back into your office every time I try to place a call.

Me: Ok, we've established that much. I assume you are hearing a recording of some kind, what does it say?

SC: I said, it...dials...back...into...your office. What is English not your native language?

Me: *snap* (admittedly this was said with a bit more anger in my voice than I intended) As a matter of fact sir it is. I could ask you the same question since I have clearly asked you twice now in no uncertain terms to be more specific than "It dials back into your office." That means absolutely nothing to me. I need specifics. Do you get an error message, if so what does the message say, if not what do you hear?

SC: *meekly* It asks me if I want to make a payment.

Me: *light bulb* Oh, so it asks you if you would like to make a payment using a credit card or a calling card?

SC: Yes.

and from there it was a standard call. Turns out the customer had just had his phone activated about 5 minutes before he got through to me and it hadn't been programmed with his new phone number yet. of course this information didn't seem relevant enough to tell me about it at the beginning of the call.
    Last edited by Chanlin; 07-11-2008, 11:37 PM.

Quoth Chanlin View Post
    SC: *meekly*
    Damn right, jackass. You're the jackass here. Now that you realize that, we can get you the help you need.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I actually read that whole thing with Chanlin's sig line as part of the conversation.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
      X