This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently Working Retail

I would like to say greetings to the board. I am currenty working retail in a retail store. My username is simply an observation regarding the general lack of functionality of way too many customers.

I don't mind going to work (for the work), but far too many braindead morons are walking around the place for the work to be completely satisfying. I'm pretty sure that these opinions are held by many on the forum, and that's why I came here.

to Great username, btw.

Yes, I've noticed how oblivious, deliberately stupid, and totally self-absorbed some people are, to the point where they honestly don't comprehend that there are other people on the planet besides themselves. It's sick.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Welcome aboard! We're friendly sorts. If you have any questions, just drop me or another mod a PM.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        to Great username, btw.

Yes, I've noticed how oblivious, deliberately stupid, and totally self-absorbed some people are, to the point where they honestly don't comprehend that there are other people on the planet besides themselves. It's sick.
        I honestly don't think that they are deliberately stupid. They are genuinely stupid.

Comment

Some of the deliberately stupid ones know what they're doing (playing dumb to get their way and/or get the employee in trouble because they're having a bad day). May or may not actually be smarter than they look.

Others are far too stupid to even comprehend the concept of 'deliberately' (hence genuinely stupid and I wonder how they managed to get dressed without hurting themselves).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Thanks, DS, that is exactly what I meant by "deliberately stupid".

Sometimes it can be difficult to tell someone who's playing stupid from someone who is genuinely stupid. Other times, it's blatantly obvious, but you can't call them out on it, they'll only turn up the volume. Either way, it's bloody irritating.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
            X