This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP bert dawg...

after 11 long wonderful years we had to put down one of my parents dogs.

sweetest thing you'd ever meet even if he was a few fries short of a happy meal, oh don't get me wrong...he was a deep thinker...but he'd stop to think and forget to start again. had very selective hearing too....start yelling at him for doing something bad, he'd stare off into the distance.....say kitty, treat, car, squirell or run....come faster then you could blink.

he developed a slipped disk and a herniated disk in the last 2 vertebra before the hips...making walking painful. Saturday I was down there working for them and he slipped on the floor in the bathroom and crawled his way into the office just to get onto carpet to get his back legs back under him.

mom and dad took him to the vet this morning and had him laid to rest...no longer in pain, no longer hurting...but leaving an entire family missing him. Including 2 other dogs, grandma and grandpa (my parents, since he was really my brothers dog), daddy (my brother), 2 nephews (my sisters dogs), and a big mean vicious kitty that gave him a run for the money (my sweet innocent baby cat ).

may he finally find the peace he had in this life, and may he forever run in the fields along with Jack his sister, chasing all the rabbits and squirells then kibble till they explode, followed by long naps in the sun.

he will be cremated and buried in his favorite spot in the garden next to our other child whom we laid to rest in a sunny corner of the garden.

May the ancients keep you in their comforts so that you may be as happy in the fields of olde as you were with your loving family....we love you always.
    Last edited by Sarlon; 11-10-2014, 12:35 AM.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

So sorry to hear that! Like you said, however, he's not in pain anymore. Losing pets is hard. We had to have our cat put down a few years ago because he was going into kidney failure. We had this cat since before I was even born, so I grew up with him around. Maybe all of our pets are together now and enjoying each other...or chasing and fighting each other a lot.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. Losing pets is hard, but at least he's not suffering in pain anymore. Tell him to say hi to Bear (my schipperke dog) for me.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm so sorry. <hugs>
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

((hugs)) Hopefully he *is* playing with all our pets that have left us for the big park in the sky.
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Dogs are like members of the family. (at least for most people) We lost our family dog last year.

)Hugs( Just take it one day at a time and think of all the fun memories you both had together.
            "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

My sympathies. He looks like a sweetie!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

*hughughug*
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Hugs to you, I know what you are going through. We are struggling with the decision ourselves for one of our dogs.
                  Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Working...
                  X