This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Know You Drive A Junker When...

..you are driving and a rusted piece of something falls off the back.

Let's keep this thread going. Junker drivers unite!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

..when the wipers are manually operated, as in reach out around the windshield to move them with your hand.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

You pour gasoline in the carburetor bowl every block or two to get home. (plugged fuel filter)
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

When you scrape both the inside and outside of your windshield.
        Last edited by notalwaysright; 05-10-2018, 03:04 AM.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

When you have the vehicle in the shop every day for a week for the same problem. (Bad a/c here. Current guess is bad compressor. Nothing like no a/c in 105+-degree heat.)
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

When your quarter panels are different colors than the rest of the car.

When your car has no front/rear bumper.

When you have a "window" that is plastic and duct tape. Same for a brake light.
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

When your horn consists of you rolling down the window and yelling 'Beep!!'

When the one of the local demolition derby\bomber drivers tells you to call them when you are thinking about getting rid of the car.

When reverse is opening up the drivers door, and pushing the car backwards with your foot.
              Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                ..you are driving and a rusted piece of something falls off the back...
                ... and it's the gas tank ... (Yep. A '61 Fairlane 2-speed automatic in a blizzard)

Comment

When your handbrake is leaving the car in gear to avoid rolling up/down the hill.

Or: when your handbrake is leaving a couple of breeze blocks behind the wheels.
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

When using a bungee cord to hold your hood/bonnet down.

Ditto for your trunk.

Comment

Ummm, when it breaks in half... Yes, that really happened to me.
                      Seph
                      Taur10
                      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                        When you scrape both the inside and outside of your windshield.
                        I... I have to do that with my brand new Nissan Micra...

Comment

When you can watch the road flying by under your feet. (The Corvair my mother borrowed from a member of our bishopric, Brother Pope (Arnold).)

Comment

All of this makes me grateful for my own car!
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              When you can watch the road flying by under your feet.
                              Dad's '79 Volvo sedan was like that. He Filled the hole with spray-on expandable foam. Same car, more "you know you drive a shitbox when..."

...your exhaust is made of coffee cans and coat hangers.
                              ...you cannot open the driver's door from the inside.
                              ...the primary color of the car is "Bondo."
                              ...you have to use a bungee cord to hold the trunk lid down.
                              ...it can wither a rainforest at 50 paces.

Then there was the '88 Taurus that came later, also a junker...

...the primary color of the car is "rust."
                              ...the headlight is held in with tape.
                              ...the car tends to "hop" over bumps, because the rear springs are broken.
                              ...the car smells like a refinery, due to the entire top of the gas tank being gone.
                              ...you have to use a flashlight to see the gauges at night.
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                              X