Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To anyone in the eastern shore of Maryland and St Augustine FL area...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To anyone in the eastern shore of Maryland and St Augustine FL area...

I'd like to humbly appologize in advance if you run into my family over the next 2 weekends...

my LOVELY aunt would give enough stories in one weekend to fill these forums for weeks....

anyone have any advice on how to deal with her? I need something other then booze, a good alibi, and a good place to hide a body.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Duct tape, a telephone pole and several cinder blocks.... and a large deep river.
    Meeeeoooow.....
    Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Darnnnnn, I'm quite far south of St. Augustine. Good luck, Sarlon...
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Any chance you could arrange for her to "accidentally" fall into one of the alligator pits at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm? Or off of the top of the lighthouse?

Comment

thankfully she won't be with us in St Augustine. I'm meeting family there I've never met before....so withholding judgement until I meet them.
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I live in St. Augustine. As long as they stay in the tourist areas I will be fine. I know better than to go into town.

Comment

I used to live on the Eastern Shore. That covers a lot of different areas.

I'm not sure what you're asking for. Are you looking for ways to keep her occupied?

If you're on the shore I can recommend a couple of things:

1. A trip to St. Michaels Island if you're in the Kent County area. The area is famed for having tricked the British during the War of 1812 by hanging lights in the trees so the British Navy didn't fire into the town as they passed by on their way to Ft. McHenry. It's very quaint and nice, shopping and decent restaurants.

2. If you're in the Rehobeth Beach area in Delaware, a trip to the Dogfish Head Brewpub and Eats. It's a microbrewery, one of the first. Darned fine beer, and they cook everything WITH beer. Food's really good too, and they include some good local acts.

3. If you like crabs, try the Old Mill in Delmar, DE on the Delaware-Maryland border, just north of Salisbury (the town too big for one state!). They have the BEST steamed blue crabs, and it used to be all you can eat. Not sure about pricing; it's been a long time since I've been there.

There are lots of antique stores all up and down the Shore if you're into that sort of thing.

4. A trip to Furnacetown, near Snow Hill, kinda south, south east of Salisbury. It's an old pig iron factory town that has been reconstructed by local archaeologists (I did some work there myself when I was a grad student for my history degree and even discovered where the workers houses were located though I doubt anyone there will remember that part).
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

My good aunts live in the Easton and Oxford area, and they know some local haunts, but I'll pass these on to my mom and see whats what.

Comment

Working...
                X