This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need more parents and children like them

This afternoon, a kid held open a door for me while I was heading to get some water from the drinking fountain. I thanked him. When I saw the kid with his father, I complemented him for his son's behavior. That put a smile on both their faces. We need more parents and kids like them.
    Op.125

good for you for thanking him, small thing that thanking its, it can make the world off difference to that child and mean the world to the parent knowing they are doing a great job
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I still have a tidbit of faith in some parents and children.

Just today I had a mother come in with her two daughters, i'd say both about 5 years old, to order food. I made their drinks, the two little girls both took their own, and they all go to use the restroom as I prepare the rest of the order. They all come out and the two little girls approach the front counter with somewhat frightened looks on their faces, as the mother stands back. I grinned and asked them "Is everything okay?"

One of the little girls says, "Umm..by accident...I spilled my Root Beer all over the floor in the bathroom."

I smiled and thanked her for letting me know about it, and gave her another drink. I also gave them both a toy for their honesty. I made sure to let them know that they did the right thing by letting somebody know.

Regardless of whether the mother forced them to fess up or not, good morale is too uncommon these days to let it go unrewarded. Sad, but true.
      Last edited by FastFoodFlunky; 07-29-2006, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X