This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inviting brain burps

I get bored easily. It's the consequence of having a mind that won't stay still for more than five seconds. As such, I find little ways to amuse myself, like Ninja-ing my coworkers and so on.

Sometimes, I'll give creative responses to common customer questions.

Customer: *filling out check* What's today?
    J2K: Monday.
    Customer: Than-- *stops, gives me a look*
    J2K: [rattles off date]
    Customer: ...you get bored a lot, don't you?
    J2K: Is it really that obvious?

(This one actually happened)
    Customer: Is today [the 2nd]?
    J2K: Only until midnight.
    Customer: *blank look* What happens then?
    J2K: *blink* *smiles*
    Customer: *realizing* Oh! *embarrassed*
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Oooooo.

I'm going to have to try that. We don't accept cheques, but people ask me the date (or time, I'm trying to figure out an adaptation for time) almost every day.

Comment

When people ask me if today is such and such day, I reply, "All day." I picked it up from my mom and it drives my husband crazy.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
        Oooooo.

I'm going to have to try that. We don't accept cheques, but people ask me the date (or time, I'm trying to figure out an adaptation for time) almost every day.
        *snrk* When someone asks my mom the time, she tends to answer "Two freckles past a monkey's hair." Drives my stepdad nuts.

Comment

For the time, could always give it in Greenwich Mean Time. That should mess people up fairly badly. Or ask them for what time zone? Especially if they're standing right in front of you.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

My household's standard answer for time is "Same time as yesterday but a day later"
            NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

My favorite response to the question "What time is it?" is this...

"What? NOW???"

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
              X