This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fails all around

This is two-part, both the customer side and the coworker side....

Part the One:

Everybody who comes through has to have done a Thing. There are hundreds of ways to do it, so we have two lists: one for all the Things that are automatically approved, and the other for every Thing we know about whether it's approved or not.

When it's time to tell us how you did the Thing, we give you a link to the list of all the Things we know of, so you can find your Thing and give us the code that goes with it.

Unfortunately, a whole bunch of people whose Things aren't approved are going to the list for Things that are approved, not finding their Thing on it, and then putting in the code for "LOL I don't know what Thing I did".

That's frustrating because then we have to ask them which Thing it was, go find the code ourselves, and then reevaluate everything else with the new information. Having an unapproved Thing means we ask for a whole lot more paperwork and then they get mad we didn't tell them about it sooner.

Part the Two:

When someone emails us to say which Thing they did, a bunch of my coworkers are skipping the whole "reevaluate" part and just marking down that the person told us. They aren't adding the code for the Thing, or checking which list it's on and whether or not it's approved, or asking for the additional paperwork needed.

So more than once lately I've had someone who thinks "Yay, I'm all done!" and I have to tell them no, we need all this other complicated and difficult stuff that you could have started on two months ago, but the coworker making the updates didn't tell you.

Quoth Ashaela View Post
    So more than once lately I've had someone who thinks "Yay, I'm all done!" and I have to tell them no, we need all this other complicated and difficult stuff that you could have started on two months ago, but the coworker making the updates didn't tell you.
    Sounds like you need to have a word with your supervisor. If it's consistently the same person/persons doing it and it is having a knock-on effect on other departments then they need a talking to/retraining session.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Ashaela View Post
      T... we have two lists: one for all the Things that are automatically approved, and the other for every Thing we know about whether it's approved or not.
      Silly question... Could you merge the two lists, and create a single list with all the info needed to proceed? That way people wouldn't look at one list and neglect the other...

Comment

Working...
      X