This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Death Note pun

(NOTE understanding this joke requires knowledge of Commonweath English and the anime series Death Note)

Why is Light like a lift?

He's an L evader!

I'm just the tiniest bit barely familiar with the series and I got it.
    Good one.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

awwww that's bad... but i liked it XD
      "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
      ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

I dun gets it

That's ok.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          I dun gets it

That's ok.
          lift = elevator

L = Death Note character who tries to catch Light (Light being another character in the show)

Comment

Elevator = L (the name of the charactor after Kira) Evader. Get it now?

Light is Kira, a mass murderer and proclaimed god. And L (no one knows his real name -- he's a cop of some sort) is after Kira for all the nasty murdering he's done. All this, is thanks to a book called a Death Note[book]. Wherein you write a person's name and they die within the minute in any way you specified. Didn't specify how you wanted them to die? They die of a heart attack. Simple.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

OK.

Don't you hate it when you have to explain the joke?

//not an anime fan.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
              X