Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Site News (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Requesting Information From Everyone (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=74302)

Pedersen 01-29-2011 06:48 PM

Requesting Information From Everyone

Hiya folks. We've gotten some sporadic reports of problems, and they are seriously difficult to track down. As such, I need to ask everybody: If you see any problems, however short lived, however forgettable, please please please either reply in this thread or PM me with a note about it.

When you do, please give me three pieces of information: What the problem was, what you saw on your screen, and the time (as precisely as you can) the problem occurred.

For some of this, at least, it looks like we're going to have to involve the web host for support, so the more detail you can give, the better.

Thank you.

Cookie 01-29-2011 07:43 PM

I haven't seen anything, but if I do, is browser and OS something I should include in the report?

Cazzi 01-29-2011 08:16 PM

This morning at about 10.36am GMT OpenDNS gave me the following error:
Quote:

Hmm, www.customerssuck.com isn't loading right now.

The computers that run www.customerssuck.com are having some trouble. Usually this is just a temporary problem, so you might want to try again in a few minutes.

Want more detail? See which nameservers are failing.
I didn't check which nameservers it was as I was doing my usual do too many things at once again. If I get the error again, I will look ;)

Stayed that way for a couple of minutes then all was right again.
Times are correct according to my Chrome browser history.
OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

crazyofficeclerk 01-29-2011 11:57 PM

I had one of the "server is busy" things today. I can't tell you exactly when but it was sometime around 2:45 ish.

Rapscallion 01-30-2011 07:06 AM

What time zones?

Rapscallion

crazyofficeclerk 01-30-2011 03:35 PM

Sorry about that mine was Eastern.

ArcticChicken 01-30-2011 04:56 PM

I can't tell you exactly what happened, because I wasn't paying enough attention, but on Wednesday sometime between 2:15 and 3 something-or-other eastern I couldn't get on the site.

I was on my school computer using Firefox, I don't know the version number but something old, and I think it said the page did not exist.

KiaKat 01-30-2011 05:12 PM

Suggestion - if you can, take a screenshot and save it with date/time. If you don't want to attach it here for privacy reasons, maybe Peds or Raps has an email address it can be sent to?

That way Pedersen can actually see the error messages or problems, along with URL.

surreal20 01-30-2011 06:24 PM

KiaKat has a wonderful idea. So long as the Mods or whomever are actually working hard to fix it comply.

I know i had an issue a while back about there being too many people on the server and i had to wait. But i can't tell you when or anything. I'm sorry. :( I was un-aware of this thread at the time.

The next time i see it, or anything else for that matter, i will do my best to document it.

KiaKat 01-30-2011 06:32 PM

Surreal, depending on when that was, it could have been on the old server. There were a lot of issues on it, but now that we're on new hardware, that particular problem should be long gone. Now the problems seem to be a bit more scattered, which is why the mods/admins are asking for details.