Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Sucky Customers (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Microwave Mayhem (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=121739)

Buzzard 05-19-2019 08:36 AM

Oh, Benny and Joon. And the discussion about the proper setting to use.

telecom_goddess 05-21-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Quoth Buzzard (Post 1380179)
Oh, Benny and Joon. And the discussion about the proper setting to use.

and how raisins are just humiliated grapes and got their life stolen.

bankworking 05-25-2019 03:30 PM

I did a Disney trip and stayed at one of their resort hotels. No microwave in the room. But we could take food to the food court area and there were a row of microwaves to use there.

Can't perfectly recall all of the hotels I've stayed in (despite it only being about a dozen or so in the past decade), but I think, at a rough estimate, about half had microwaves. I know that if I plan to do a trip where I NEED one, I'll check in advance.

Argabarga 06-15-2019 12:42 AM

In Hotel Clerk Heaven, where all the good hotel clerks go when they die, they get to work at a divine front desk where, when people like that "Guest" call up, there's a button under the counter, corresponding to his room number, that they can press...

... and it turns the entire room into a giant microwave for 5 minutes....

morgana 06-15-2019 10:34 PM

Argabarga, have I told you lately that I love you? :worship:

Argabarga 06-18-2019 03:44 AM

Quote:

Quoth morgana (Post 1380914)
Argabarga, have I told you lately that I love you? :worship:

Oh great, now Rod Stewart just moved into my head for the foreseeable future... well, it'll ease my trouble, that's what he does....:lol:

morgana 06-19-2019 07:29 PM

Oh, NO! I'm sorry . . . :eek:

Slave to the Phone 06-22-2019 09:58 PM

I have never stayed in classy places, all of my rooms have had microwaves. The issue I have always had is the very small refrigerator. They have just enough room for 6-pack of drinks and 1 take out container. Maybe.

Last year, the paid for me to stay in a room with a full kitchen. I was so amazed at the size of the fridge that I took pics and shared them with my co-workers!

EricKei 06-23-2019 12:20 AM

Quote:

Quoth Slave to the Phone (Post 1381077)
Last year, the paid for me to stay in a room with a full kitchen. I was so amazed at the size of the fridge that I took pics and shared them with my co-workers!

If that's your preference, look for hotels with "Extended Stay" or something similar in the name. While most of those will rent by the day, they are intended to be weekly or monthly rentals, and, as such, generally include a proper basic kitchenette with a small stove, microwave, counter space, and shelves for any dishes you might bring. Always ask first, of course ^__^ The thing is: they don't necessarily come in to clean the room/replenish towels and soap/etc every day unless you request it -- this may be a good or bad thing, depending on your point of view.