Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Site News (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   We're sort of famous! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=7052)

Lace Neil Singer 01-17-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

[Consider seeing a therapist if you find yourself screaming at a powerless representative.
This could also be applied to shop jobs. Just substitute "rep" for "cashier."

Antisocial_Worker 01-17-2007 08:48 PM

You know, speaking of an assault by SC types, has this latest incarnation of the site been getting hatemail the way the last ones did? If so, I wouldn't ask that it be posted the way it used to be, but those nasty letters were always a kick to read.

Rapscallion 01-17-2007 08:57 PM

The site never used to get that much, since as far as I'm aware it's been worked on a common-sense basis. I've had one through the 'contact admin' form claiming that the Vinegar Boy saga was cobblers, but I ignored it with the lack of literacy involved. Other than that, I can't remember anything.

Rapscallion

CrazedClerk 01-18-2007 04:31 AM

This site rules! :D

I'm so glad a friend told me about this place, it's one of my favourite stops on the superhighway now.

yahurd 01-18-2007 05:09 PM

Quote:

We weren't famous before the article?

I liked these points: 7: <snip>, 8: <snip>, 9: <snip>
yes i must agree that everyone on earth should read that

Greenday 01-19-2007 04:42 AM

Quote:

Quoth Mr. Rude (Post 73596)
Bring 'em on!! Bring 'em all on!!

*loads both pistols with shrapnel*

I'll cover all of ya...YAHARR!!

*Stands guard dilligently & awaits the assault of SC types*

No, no, you're going about it all wrong!

*Pulls out a sniper rifle, climbs a tower, and waits for SCs*

Much more efficient.

I like how some people think we hate all customers. Not true at all. We just hate the complete and utter morons that we do sometimes deal with.

AFpheonix 01-19-2007 07:39 AM

It's interesting seeing all the people complaining about foreign call centers. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have never had to be routed to one. Perhaps it's because I call at a decent time of day?

Thing 2, people on both sides are so busy generalizing that "every" CSR or "every" customer is mean or rude, they fail to see that about 95% of the time, things go smoothly with the other party. Honestly. It's really rare that I get a bad CSR on anything, (it happens occasionally, though, and I can minimize it by behaving myself), and the vast majority of my customers are great.

The old turd that wrote a letter completely in caps complaining that he doesn't speak "dothead or spanish or slanteyed" needs to be taken out and shot.

HYHYBT 01-19-2007 12:02 PM

What bothers me more was that at the bottom it says all comments are read and approved before they're displayed! So someone, somewhere at that site thinks that's a remotely acceptable post...

If I remember rightly (and even if I do, it may well have been chance) this site doesn't do well after publicity. For example, shortly after the Smart Money article (end of 2002 or so) the site was hacked, and I believe at least two others were shortly after some sort of outside publicity but can't remember when or what at this point. Probably coincidence...

Rapscallion 01-19-2007 05:29 PM

I put up a comment at the end of the article that hasn't been approved - I made sure that Barefootgirl and Spiffy were credited for their help, but it's not gone up yet.

Rapscallion

ShortTemperHatesStupidity 01-22-2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Quoth myswtghst (Post 73430)
That article is how I found y'all. Great article, and I really appreciated your contributions, as they were right on the money!:)

Ditto. Actually, my intro mentioned the article before I found this thread...

Definitely agree with myswtghst