Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Site News (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   We need donations (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=26250)

gbm85 04-01-2008 07:13 PM

We need donations

The site has become too expensive to run without some sort of income. We've looked at adverts, but we would like to try out a donation system and see if that can help us avoid ads. If you enjoy the site, and would like to contribute, please visit http://customerssuck.com/donate.php

Thank you for your understanding.

Pedersen 04-01-2008 07:27 PM

At least we can help. I've sent some money in already.

Thanks for letting us help gbm!

Dips 04-01-2008 07:58 PM

I'm very happy the donation site doesn't require PayPal. Very easy to help. :)

jayel 04-01-2008 09:56 PM

I got mine. ;)

Saydrah 04-01-2008 10:33 PM

Well, since I keep giving Barack Obama all my money, I guess you guys can have some too.

Becks 04-01-2008 11:07 PM

I'll keep donating all day.

Irving Patrick Freleigh 04-01-2008 11:31 PM

So this is what it means to be Rick-rolled? :roll:

Plaidman 04-02-2008 01:04 AM

You know, I had almost 2K saved up. I was going to spend it on my hospital bill. I saw this. Was going to donate 1000.

Cruel joke my man. Cruel Joke.

Ringman 04-02-2008 02:22 AM

I wondered what kind of joke you guys had in store for us this year lol

Rine 04-02-2008 03:14 AM

This is the third time today I've been rick rolled.

First by youtube, then my best friend, then this post lured me in by tugging on my heartstrings.

:cry:

;)

Andara Bledin 04-02-2008 09:53 AM

Well, for those of you still looking for a worthy cause, you can try going here.

^-.-^

Plaidman 04-02-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Quoth Andara Bledin (Post 300773)
Well, for those of you still looking for a worthy cause, you can try going here.

^-.-^

Damn it! Foiled again by my good heart ! And here I thought customers destroyed it.

DesignFox 04-03-2008 02:15 AM

You guys rock. :cry: ;)

Evil Queen 04-05-2008 03:59 AM

This explains soooooooo much. :rolleyes:

I made the mistake of clicking the link before reading the comments! :cry: Now this song will be stuck in my head all night! GAAAAAHHH!

Eric the Grey 04-05-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Quoth Evil Queen (Post 303121)
This explains soooooooo much. :rolleyes:

I made the mistake of clicking the link before reading the comments! :cry: Now this song will be stuck in my head all night! GAAAAAHHH!

I did the same thing. That's what happens when you don't read a site every day. Things like this crop up several days late...

I had a good laugh though.

It's strange, but this is the first April Fool's Day I've not worked in several years. I generally spend my nights digging up all the jokes.

:cool: Eric the Grey

Evil Queen 04-05-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Quoth Eric the Grey (Post 303510)
I did the same thing. That's what happens when you don't read a site every day. Things like this crop up several days late...

I had a good laugh though.

It's strange, but this is the first April Fool's Day I've not worked in several years. I generally spend my nights digging up all the jokes.

:cool: Eric the Grey

The worst part was when I was sitting in Denny's last night with X. I told him I got Rick-rolled and he knew what I was talking about!:lol: Thank dog no one Goatsies (?) anymore. Just... ew. I'd rather be Rick-rolled any day!

sms001 04-05-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Quoth gbm85 (Post 300180)
http://customerssuck.com/donate.php

Thank you for your understanding.

aaaaarrrgggghhhh! And 4 days late on top of it!

(And Pedersen, Dips (the only two replies i could see before i clicked through) - wait 'til next year!!! :) )

Gabrielle Proctor 04-08-2008 02:34 PM

That's a relief! I really thought you guys needed money! I was planning out how much I would give in my head and how I would swing it too! Geeze! Glad this comp has no sound tho:D.

Gabrielle Proctor 04-08-2008 02:36 PM

Ahhh. I get it. Everyone else knew about it...and I have no internet because the boss took it away and I'm too poor to get my own connection! I used to check it everyday! Lame. Now I feel left out...

RecoveringKinkoid 04-08-2008 03:13 PM

So....you don't need donations?

I don't get it. Link goes to YouTube.

Sorry if I'm dense. :confused:

---EDIT: Weird. I only saw one page of responses and then hit reply. Now three pages come up. Strange.

Spiffy McMoron 04-08-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid (Post 305593)
So....you don't need donations?

I don't get it. Link goes to YouTube.

Sorry if I'm dense. :confused:

Nope. It was a brilliant April Fool's Day joke that gbm made--you've been rickrolled! :lol:

sms001 04-08-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Quoth Andara Bledin (Post 300773)
^-.-^

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." :)

Quote:

Quoth Evil Queen (Post 303515)
Thank dog no one Goatsies (?) anymore. Just... ew. I'd rather be Rick-rolled any day!

Seconded!!! (And 'goastse' I believe.) yecchhh.

twocents 04-08-2008 06:52 PM

Uhhhhh, you tube?

crazylegs 04-08-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Quoth twocents (Post 305775)
Uhhhhh, you tube?

See spiffys post.

RecoveringKinkoid 04-09-2008 02:18 AM

I'm afraid I'm old and very, very uncool and unhip. An "old fogey", as the kids like to say. Could one of you young whippersnappers explain what it means to be "rickrolled" please? :p

Broomjockey 04-09-2008 02:22 AM

A "rickroll" is when a person on the internet states that a link is one thing (usually something interesting, or difficult to find) but really links to Rick Astley's "Never gonna give you up," which is widely regarded as a terribly cheesy song. I don't know where it started, but it's fairly popular on 4chan (which is neverSFW)

Andara Bledin 04-09-2008 02:55 PM

I, personally, don't get it, either.

But that doesn't mean I can't play along.

^-.-^

Pedersen 04-09-2008 03:29 PM

Actually, Broomjockey, that's only half of it.

To be well and truly rickrolled requires javascript in your browser. Pretty much, you're going to have to kill your browser, and maybe even restart your computer to get out of it.

I'll post a link to a real rickroll here. But you have been warned. Your browser will become useless. You will have to kill it through task manager/force quit/pskill.

Do not click the following link unless you are willing to lose your browser session.

In case you missed it when I said it before: Do not click the following link unless you are willing to lose your browser session.

Very Bad Rick Roll. Don't Click Me!

Boozy 04-09-2008 03:59 PM

Thanks for the interesting insight into my own psychology. The more warnings you posted about not clicking the link, the more I desperately wanted to.

I literally pulled my right hand off the mouse with my left. :lol:

Imogene 04-10-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Quoth Evil Queen (Post 303515)
Thank dog no one Goatsies (?) anymore. Just... ew. I'd rather be Rick-rolled any day!

goatse.cx
Of course, there's always Tubgirl, or Meatspin.

Andara Bledin 04-11-2008 02:33 PM

Feh. Goatse.cx is old news.

The current gross-out to hit people with is 2 Girls, 1 Cup.

Unless you are a coprophiliac, I suggest strongly you don't seek out the video. Although you can get a sense of what it's about by searching news articles.

^-.-^

Evil Queen 04-13-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Quoth Broomjockey (Post 306285)
A "rickroll" is when a person on the internet states that a link is one thing (usually something interesting, or difficult to find) but really links to Rick Astley's "Never gonna give you up," which is widely regarded as a terribly cheesy song. I don't know where it started, but it's fairly popular on 4chan (which is neverSFW)

The disgusting thing is I fell for it AGAIN a couple days ago. Who did it?!

X. The guy I was telling being rickrolled about.

Wanna hear something fun?! I now get Rickrolled DAILY at work because they now play on the radio station we have in the lobby.:lol:

Pagan 04-14-2008 05:14 AM

The sad thing is....I like the song! What can I say, I'm a true child of the 80s. :D