X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for my ESP...

Customer: I want cable and internet.
    Me: OK, you want both cable and internet.
    Customer: No, just internet and cable.
    Me: JUST internet?
    Customer: No, online.
    Me: You just want the internet, right?
    Customer: No, I want to buy the thing you get where you is online.

Any idea what she was talking about? And it wasn't a computer, that was asked earlier in the conversation...
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

WebTV? I barely understood the question (that she was asking, not from your interpretation of it !) but that would square with something that allowed you to get online but wasn't a computer, and which you might, conceivably, contact the cable company about.
    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
    - Dave Barry

Comment

A modem? A DSL box (okay, mine isn't actually a box... it's more box-shaped, with a slant to it, and little blinky green lights...)? Oooh! Oooh! A phone jack?
      A satellite dish?
      *could go on forever, but won't*

Cable and internet? Internet and cable? "Ma'am, which did you want first? The good news or the bad?"
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl
        A modem? A phone jack?
        Good answers...I didn't even think of those. I don't think we even finished the call with me understanding her. I think she just hung up.

Comment

A keyboard? You know you need one to surf the greatest of all sites availabe to us.... Oh! A coaster for your drink, so you don't accidentally drink and laugh?
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Customer: No, I want to buy the thing you get where you is online.
            hm, somehow, i'm thinking that an investment in remedial english would help more, before she attempts an online venture.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Some people just don't get it. They think going online is this simple thing that they can use like a TV. Then they get a computer and find out the horrors that await them. Firewalls, Spyware, Viruses, and of course, their own stupidity.

I really REALLY wish there was a computer competency test before you could buy one of these things.
              "The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts." - Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth NightWolf
                I really REALLY wish there was a computer competency test before you could buy one of these things.
                Well, if there was then we techs wouldn't have a job
                I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth NightWolf
                  If that was the case, I don't know if I'd be allowed to have a computer...not to mention one with internet access!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

They wanted an internet cable? Like either an ethernet cable or modem cable???

Sounds like you had to deal with a real winner though.
                    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy
                      They wanted an internet cable? Like either an ethernet cable or modem cable?
                      Karma, not sure...maybe she did want the cable for her modem. Still, if you know you need a cable for the modem, wouldn't you know it was called a modem? I dunno about these morons.

Comment

Working...
                      X