Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   New members (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Huh. Interestin' looking place... (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=64040)

MoscowMinion 05-28-2010 02:28 AM

Huh. Interestin' looking place...

...although the fact that between y'all and Not Always Right, my illusions that I've managed to draw at least some of the stupid away from the people who wouldn't be able to take it have been completely shattered.

My friend superhotelworker shot me a link for this place a few nights ago, and it looked interesting, so here I am.

So, I've been unemployed for about fifteen months (lesson learned; if your tenant is hired as your immediate supervisor, it's time to get a new job), but -before- that, I managed to pull a glorious five years or so of food service related work, running the gamut from dishwashing, to cashiering, to front-of-house custodial work.

Oh, and the Moscow I live in is in Idaho, in a major farming region known as the Palouse. I'm not from Russia, dammit...

Sorry, too many people have commented on my having excellent English skills for a Russian and whatnot; drives a Minion crazy.

Anyway, I look forward to enjoying more of the comedy I've seen thus far.

superhotelworker 05-28-2010 02:16 PM

Yep. I stole him here. Trust me, the stories he shares (He listensto mine) will make you laugh. :)

r2cagle 05-28-2010 03:18 PM

Not Russian??
Darn, so much for help in learning a second language :lol: Guess I should delay that overseas trip.

:welcome: to :cs:... the funhouse edition.

Green_Fairy 05-28-2010 07:57 PM

yay! we need more idahoans around here. and welcome to the forums! make yourself at home ^_^

Exaspera 05-28-2010 08:43 PM

Ya'll's state is shaped funny. :angel:

Green_Fairy 05-29-2010 12:44 AM

Quote:

Quoth Exaspera (Post 732369)

at least we don't have some obsession with everything being bigger...over compensating for something? hmmmmmm? :P

MoscowMinion 05-29-2010 01:35 AM

Quote:

Quoth Exaspera (Post 732369)

*snorts* So's yours.

Exaspera 05-29-2010 04:02 AM

Ours is bigger. :-D

Sorry, my inner brat is insisting on coming to the surface.

Welcome! And I love your "I will never..." list.

Green_Fairy 05-29-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Quoth Exaspera (Post 732561)
Ours is bigger. :-D

bigger isn't always better! :p

MoscowMinion 05-30-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Quoth Green_Fairy (Post 732747)

Exactly!

Quote:

Quoth Exaspera (Post 732561)
Welcome! And I love your "I will never..." list.

And thank you. I'm halfway tempted to collate all of the stuff we weren't allowed to do at Yellowstone that we weren't allowed to do because it's not legal (there's some interesting laws in National parks, y'see.).

fireheart 06-07-2010 02:02 PM

Welcome to CS.com.

Brain bleach is on tap and the cookies are with EQ. (or Aethian :p)

Also, do not mention a certain B-word on the boards unless you want to attract a certain horse...
:p (just kidding)

And I love reading notalwaysright.com as well. We even have a thread for it in the Check It Out! section.

HawaiianShirts 06-13-2010 04:36 PM

I think I'm going to enjoy your posts, MoscowMinion.

I spent a year or so in Moscow (the Idaho one) myself. And I learned very quickly that it's correctly pronounced with an "oh" sound instead of an "ow" sound at the end (the way one guy reacted to my initial mispronunciation, you'd think I murdered his puppy). You've got some pretty hills up there surrounded by some rather boring... well... smaller hills. I couldn't live there forever, though--the wheat harvest nearly killed me, thanks to my allergies.

I also spent a summer working in Yellowstone.

Welcome to the boards, and I'm looking forward to some good stories.

Falor 06-19-2010 02:36 AM

Quote:

Quoth Green_Fairy (Post 732747)

Which is why I'm comfortable in saying I'd rather live where I am than in Alaska -- there might be more space up there, but brrrrr!
My thin Houstonian blood couldn't take that sort of weather. I have trouble enough during our week long winters motivating myself to get out of the nice pet-heated bed to go earn my bill collectors their money.