This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Have Any Eggshells for Beds?

I had a customer ask me if we had this. She was referring to bed pads but she said, "Eggshells for Beds" in as if that's what everyone has always called it.

Not a huge deal all in all but I get a lot of customers who assume that I'll know exactly what they're thinking of they use some incredibly obscure term for everyday items. As if the language has always been tailored to their understanding of it.
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

The crenellated ones that resemble egg carton insides? I've heard them referred to as "egg carton foam" before, but never eggshell.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      The crenellated ones that resemble egg carton insides? I've heard them referred to as "egg carton foam" before, but never eggshell.
      Yeah, at first I thought she meant eggshell like the shade. Like she wanted a sheet set or something.
      Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

I've seen them called egg crate cushions or egg crate pads.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
        X