This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name That Quotation! [Game]

This one has probably come up before, but I didn't see any like this currently running and I'm too tired to research it properly, so here we go...

The rules are simple: Post a quotation from a show/book/movie/whatever that you find memorable (the line has to be memorable; where it comes from need not be). Ideally, it should be unique to that particular series/etc, but it doesn't have to be, so long as it's not something you will see in a million other productions. It DOES, however, need to be completely devoid of context. No dropping hints unless it's been a bunch of posts with nobody taking any (correct) guesses, or upon request.

ID others' quotations when you can (just the series/franchise name is sufficient, even if it's used multiple times across different iterations - e.g. "Superman" for "Up, up, and awaaaaaay!"), but if you post in here, your comment MUST include a fresh quotation. Most of all, as usual, have fun!

============================

I'll start it out.

"Justice will be swift! Justice will be painful! It will be...DELICIOUS!"
    Last edited by EricKei; 11-09-2016, 03:35 PM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Phantom 265's Vine

How about "I might be crazy but I ain't dumb"
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Ooh, wasn't that Dukes of Hazard?

“But here's some advice, boy. Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions.”
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

There are two "z"s in "Hazzard" (otherwise it's just something dangerous). Yep, that's something Cooter routinely said over the CB.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          There are two "z"s in "Hazzard" (otherwise it's just something dangerous). Yep, that's something Cooter routinely said over the CB.
          Sorry, still working on my first cup of tea
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
            “But here's some advice, boy. Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions.”
            "People die, and nothing changes." John Keel, aka Commander Sir Samuel Vimes of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Night Watch

"It was a rough place - the seediest dive on the wharf. Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

'I will not be defeated by a bad man and an American stick insect.Instead I choose vodka!'
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

wolfie - nope. I've never even heard of P265

KG -- The Tick(?)
                ===============

"If someone tries to kill you, you kill 'em right back."
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  "If someone tries to kill you, you kill 'em right back."
                  Malcom Reynolds, "Firefly"

==========

"All of this was for nothing, unless we go to the stars."
                  "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    "It was a rough place - the seediest dive on the wharf. Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
                    The movie "Airplane!"

"I'm gonna barbecue yo @$$ in molasses!"
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

I'll start it out.

"Justice will be swift! Justice will be painful! It will be...DELICIOUS!"
                      Since nobody has this one yet, It's said by Ruby Rose in the series RWBY.

"If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off."
                      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                        Malcom Reynolds, "Firefly"

==========

Hmmm....Apollo 13? JFK? Some Star Trek thingy?

EricKei- Nope...
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                          Babylon 5

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                          "If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off."
                          Avengers: Age of Ultron

-------------------------------------

"The hardest thing to do in this world is to live in it."
                          Last edited by greek_jester; 11-09-2016, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                            Was going to say that was from the move "Under Seige", Tommy Lee Jones' character.

I don't know your latest one.

"Lo there do I see my father; Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers; Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call me, they bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever."
                            "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                            Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Is it from Eaters of the Dead by Michael Crichton? Or maybe the movie version, but it had a different title.

"It is better to believe in men too rashly, and regret, than believe too meanly. Men could be more than they are, if they would try for it."
                              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
                              X