This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy News: Card Exchange Admin!

Members, we are happy to announce that we have someone who has volunteered to head up the Card Exchange:

Bookstore Escapee!

Champagne and strawberries for everyone!
    The report button - not just for decoration

Strawberries and champagne sound lovely, but didn't we forget the strippers?
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      ... but didn't we forget the strippers?
      We need to save something for the cards.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        We need to save something for the cards.

Extra strawberries, champagne and some excellent chocolates for Bookstore Escapee!!

Comment

I have a feeling I might need that champagne...

What did I get myself into?!

Iradney, I have a problem whenever you post...I sit here staring at your avatar for several minutes every time. (Sigh....)
          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 10-09-2012, 12:25 AM.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Strawberries don't like me . . . I'll bring cherries instead. So we're postponing the strippers?

Comment

Could someone explain the card exchange for us newbies? Pretty please? [/puppy dog eyes]
              "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

Iradney, I have a problem whenever you post...I sit here staring at your avatar for several minutes every time. (Sigh....)
                I fail to see an issue here
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Draper Mel View Post
                  Could someone explain the card exchange for us newbies? Pretty please? [/puppy dog eyes]
                  Without posting a great huge slab, the card exchange involves people signing up through a webpage form Pedersen created. The person in charge distributes the list out to everyone and then your mailboxes fill up with Christmas cards and whatnot. It has to be snail mail but it doesn't have to be religious themes.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                    Strawberries don't like me . . . I'll bring cherries instead. So we're postponing the strippers?
                    I sense an expectation. I may have to redesign my christmas cards.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Draper Mel View Post
                      Once we're ready to go there will be a thread posted in Off Topic with all the rules; I gotta talk to Pedersen about the signup software. (If you want, you can try searching for 2011 Christmas Card Exchange and find last year's thread for the rundown.)

Quoth iradney View Post
                      I fail to see an issue here
                      :drool:

Damn you.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm going from memory here, but the here's the outline.

Once signups are open, anyone who wishes to participate can sign up. Be aware that this will require submitting your real name and address (which will be shared ONLY with the other people who sign up and NO ONE else).

Once signups close, the total number of participants will be announced. At this point, there will be an opportunity to back out. So if the total number reaches a point at which it is no longer feasible for oyu to participate, you may gracefully withdraw.

After that, anyone still participating will be sent a list of names and addresses, and will be required to send a card to everyone on that list. There are no rules or restrictions about religious themed cards or more general "Happy Holidays" type cards or anything like that.

Be aware that we have a membership that spans the entire globe, so some cards will have to be sent at an international postage rate.

Failure to send cards - or failure to do so in a timely manner - will result in not being allowed to participate in the future (as it is very inconsiderate to receive cards from the membership without sending out your own).

The above having been said, if something does come up after the deadline that will cause you to not be able to participate (an unexpected financial hardship, illness/injury, etc) TELL US! We are not unreasonable about these things. However, if your reason boils down to "I didn't feel like it" or something in the same vein, that is not acceptable.

I may be forgetting a few details, but that's the gist of it.
                        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I think Dave covered all the points fairly well.

So for those of you who are wanting to sign up for this year, stay tuned.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

With pleasure.
                            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

As my oldest son says...Strippers and Blow for EVERYONE!

Thanks Bookstore Escapee!
                              Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Working...
                              X