Customers Suck!

Customers Suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/index.php)
-   Site News (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Failing to see the suck! (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=34921)

Ree 09-15-2008 06:12 AM

Quote:

Quoth MadMike (Post 410472)
Two things make me inclined to believe it: One, Aaron didn't go around constantly posting crazy stories like that one; Two, it all fits together too well to be a bunch of crap.

Not to mention timeline.

Even though the story is now condensed, when it was originally posted, it unfolded over a decent length of time.

To me, with the obvious BS stories that are posted, that's the downfall. The story ends up being too neat and gets wrapped up in record time.

They always start out with a small incident, and the perpetrator always just happens to have outstanding charges for something much more serious that ends up causing them to be dragged away in handcuffs. The evil-doer always comes back for retribution, making the situation even worse.

There's never any delay at court. It never gets remanded. It's always dealt with in near record time, considering today's current court system.

(I've had simple assault cases for my foster kids drag out over a year, with us going to court and sitting, only to have it remanded as they didn't have time to deal with it that day, but I've read stories on here where the alleged perpetrator had serious charges for extremely violent crimes, and it was wrapped up in less than a couple of months. By simple assault, I mean petty fighting in a group home with physical contact for which charges were required to be laid in order to send a message. Some of these dudes in the stories have been borderline psychotic murderers, yet the case only takes a few days to wrap up. )

Again, though, the point of this thread is NOT about the BS stories.
It's about telling other members that their customer is not really all that sucky, and making them seem like they had no right to complain or post their story.

Bella_Vixen 09-16-2008 03:49 AM

OT, but...even if I didn't read this to get to that, I'd be calling BS. Seriously. It just sounds so fake.

Gurndigarn 09-25-2008 02:01 AM

Quote:

Quoth smileyeagle1021 (Post 410099)
a kinda stupid question... who's Walter Mitty?

The main character of one of the few short stories worth reading in English class.

Evil Queen 09-25-2008 05:18 AM

Who's being mean and calling people out? I'll give them a spanking. :D

Rapscallion 09-25-2008 05:43 AM

Quote:

Quoth Evil Queen (Post 415909)
Who's being mean and calling people out? I'll give them a spanking. :D

Oooh! Me! Me!

Rapscallion

Evil Queen 09-25-2008 05:53 AM

Seriously guys; what sucks and what doesn't is opinion based only. What is sucky to one person isn't really sucky to another. The difference is the amount of experiance, time invested in problem solving and whether you actually care enough to fix the issue or pawn it off to another. What is terribly sucky to someone new to retail (like someone being upset because a credit card machine is down) is vastly different to someone who is a veteran retailer (who has, thusly, dealt with the problem enough times to fix it or at least calm the customer down).

Quote:

Quoth Rapscallion (Post 415928)
Oooh! Me! Me!

Rapscallion

Aw Raps, of course I'll give you a spanking! And you'll enjoy it too! <3

SilverOrb 09-26-2008 01:50 PM

*hands Evil_Queen a paddle and a camera* We demand pictures!

Gotta admit, I've been.. Lectured... By certain members as to my actions. I didn't appreciate it. I almost stopped posting after that. Nice to know that behavior like that is not going to be tolerated.

Evil Queen 09-26-2008 04:44 PM

Oh, I've butt heads with more then one Moderator here, but I don't blame them fo doing it and have thanked them in the end. I can be rather.... bitchy, some days. It's good to know that there ARE bounderies that you do not cross, that this forum isn't a giant free-for-all. This is why I come back.

marasbaras 09-27-2008 03:52 AM

I'm guilty of this as well. I know I was set off by a couple of posts that said they hated it when customers while smile and ask how they were doing. I thought "WTF?!? What in the bowels of Hell do you want from us then?"

Of course, my crime wasn't the thought ... it was posting while annoying. I'll try to avoid that in the future.

I'm really glad to see Brain Burps. We've ALL done some things where clearly our brain was in Neutral (or Park) ... and I really don't think it's fair to anyone to call someone sucky because they had an off moment.

Is it unbelievably annoying to be asked where the DVDs multiple times before lunch when you are standing under then 3-meter high sign that says "DVD"? Oh yeah. But, is it sucky that maybe someone is having a fabulously shitty day and missed the sign? No.

That's why I like Brain Burps. Annoying yes .. sucky, _probably_ not.

Lace Neil Singer 09-27-2008 10:03 AM

The difference is in the manner. A customer who giggles after being told and says, "Whoops, silly me," is not sucky. A customer who makes the request in a snotty tone and after you politely point out the DVDs, goes and complains to the manager about your "rudeness", ie daring to point out their stupidity, is sucky. At least, that's my opinion.